Obama halts deportation of illegal immigrants between certain ages.

[quote name='chiwii']Is it really best for the country to deport millions? How will that effect the housing market? While it may open up some jobs for citizens, the illegal immigrants are also consumers. Decreasing the number of consumers rarely helps an economy.[/QUOTE]

There will be less slumlords.

But seriously have you ever looked at the numbers and how illegal immigrants suck money from the enonomy and where it goes?

Look at the schools and hospitals for another start in the way it hurts the economy. It isn't all about the "jobs" they "occupy".

The problems with illegal immigration are huge and many...but I think you already know that.

[quote name='Spokker']When you import the third world, you get third world results.[/QUOTE]
And those things are the exclusive province of developing countries?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Don't even respond to him. He's an ignorant, racist piece of trash. No where did I say that all illegal immigrants are rapists, thieves, and murderers. As I CLEARLY said, just like there are bad eggs in every other segment of society, there are some in the illegal population, as well. The big difference is, the other ones are actual citizens, are documented, and often have ties to society, unlike illegal immigrants, who are here illegally, are not in the system, and have no ties to society.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...as if citizens doing it makes it less of a Bad Thing because they're citizens with your expertise in criminology.

[quote name='Spokker']When you import the third world, you get third world results.[/QUOTE]

The liberals wont be happy until America is a third world with third world healthcare economy and status. Then they will just move to their other homes and try to repeat the process in the new country or state they moved to.
They screw it up and then leave and do it again elsewhere. While everyone else is left with the shit they did and left behind. Liberals are tops among the most out of touch people in the world.

[quote name='chiwii']Is it really best for the country to deport millions? How will that effect the housing market? While it may open up some jobs for citizens, the illegal immigrants are also consumers. Decreasing the number of consumers rarely helps an economy.[/QUOTE]

Initially, there would probably be an economical hiccup, but eventually, everything will work itself.

The "jobs nobody wants" (biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard, because you know, no actual US citizen washes a dish in the United States) will have more actual citizens in them, which means people are gonna have to pay them more. So there may be less dishwashers, fruit pickers, etc., but more of that money will work its way back into the market. Many illegal aliens send a portion of their earnings back home and/or use it to pay off the scumbags that help smuggle people in this country.

We will also be collecting taxes from all these people, unlike the many illegals who pay no taxes and add nothing to the pot.

You'll also won't have illegals wandering into emergency rooms, using them as their general practitioners, and then disappearing into the night.

At the end of the day, illegal immigration is a drain on an economy, any economy. There is a reason most countries strictly enforce their immigration laws. They don't do it for shits and giggles. They do it because they don't want an influx of another country's uneducated, unskilled labor, especially in this day and age. We all have our own economical issues. We definitely don't need anyone else's problems.

The real cost of deporting EVERYONE that is here illegally will be the man hours put in by the federal authorities. That could cost millions. Of course, if we issue amnesty to these people, that's gonna cost millions, as well, as we have to process all of that paperwork. I wouldn't totally be against amnesty, if the federal government would stop dragging its feet when it comes to border security. Until we have an actual effective method to keep out illegals, though, I will not support amnesty, because then all we will be doing is giving the next round of illegals more of a reason to stop on by.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Initially, there would probably be an economical hiccup, but eventually, everything will work itself.

The "jobs nobody wants" (biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard, because you know, no actual US citizen washes a dish in the United States) will have more actual citizens in them, which means people are gonna have to pay them more. So there may be less dishwashers, fruit pickers, etc., but more of that money will work its way back into the market. Many illegal aliens send a portion of their earnings back home and/or use it to pay off the scumbags that help smuggle people in this country.

We will also be collecting taxes from all these people, unlike the many illegals who pay no taxes and add nothing to the pot.

You'll also won't have illegals wandering into emergency rooms, using them as their general practitioners, and then disappearing into the night.

At the end of the day, illegal immigration is a drain on an economy, any economy. There is a reason most countries strictly enforce their immigration laws. They don't do it for shits and giggles. They do it because they don't want an influx of another country's uneducated, unskilled labor, especially in this day and age. We all have our own economical issues. We definitely don't need anyone else's problems.

The real cost of deporting EVERYONE that is here illegally will be the man hours put in by the federal authorities. That could cost millions. Of course, if we issue amnesty to these people, that's gonna cost millions, as well, as we have to process all of that paperwork. I wouldn't totally be against amnesty, if the federal government would stop dragging its feet when it comes to border security. Until we have an actual effective method to keep out illegals, though, I will not support amnesty, because then all we will be doing is giving the next round of illegals more of a reason to stop on by.[/QUOTE]

Illegal immigrants do pay taxes. They pay sales tax, property tax (indirectly through their landlord if they rent), and some pay income, social security, and Medicare taxes. They can't receive SS or Medicare benefits, however, so every dollar they pay into SS or Medicare is a net benefit for citizens.

I have no idea how much of a drain illegal immigrants are on our economy. I've seen statistics in the past, but they seemed to focus only on the costs and ignored any contributions.

I agree that our government needs to find better ways to control the border (punishing employers that knowing hire and exploit undocumented workers would be a good start). However, I would like to see our government grant amnesty and a reasonable path to citizenship for those that have been living here for years.

I would agree that it is pretty tough to find accurate and reliable data on what kind of effect illegal immigrants have on our economy. Most studies would be conducted by someone with an agenda, either for or against.

In the end, I guess my biggest problem is that they are breaking the law, so any other negative impact is just icing on the cake. I understand that many of them are coming from horrible conditions in the third world, but that doesn't justify breaking the laws of our land. Hell, I'd love to improve my financial situation, but that doesn't justify me robbing a bank.

[quote name='chiwii']
I have no idea how much of a drain illegal immigrants are on our economy. I've seen statistics in the past, but they seemed to focus only on the costs and ignored any contributions. [/quote]No doubt that costs and benefits must be weighed. But it's hard for me to believe that the taxes paid outweigh the benefits received, especially education.

I agree that our government needs to find better ways to control the border (punishing employers that knowing hire and exploit undocumented workers would be a good start). However, I would like to see our government grant amnesty and a reasonable path to citizenship for those that have been living here for years.
Deporting someone who doesn't even speak Spanish well, or has no roots in Mexico, back to Mexico, is unworkable. Paths to citizenship for those who have lived here for years is essentially the federal government making its bed and having to lay in it. Yet no path to citizenship for qualified individuals can happen without heavy sanctions on employers that hire illegals and increased border security (not a fence). I would also want English-only educational policies to be strengthened if a path to citizenship is sought. If they aren't already, this would create a lot of goodwill if immigration groups even suggested this.

Of course, the War on Drugs needs to be ended tomorrow and Mexico needs to get its shit together.

bread's done
Back