Obscure deal?

pinkkirby

CAGiversary!
I know the game is cheap already - going for 19.99 retail. But I am just wondering if anyone has seen this at BB, which after GGC this would have been a steal at 14.99, or anywhere else.

I have some credit at EB therefore I was going to get it last night, but the eB sales actually told me - he has never heard about this game at all, and it's not in their system.

For ppl who bought this game, where did you get yours?

He's lying if he says it's not in their system. Make the trip. I've only seen it at EB and Gamestop.. looks like it's getting kinda hard to find.

[quote name='Scorch']I've only seen it at EB and Gamestop.. looks like it's getting kinda hard to find.[/QUOTE]

hence the name?? heh.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']hence the name?? heh.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, you, my brother, the GC manager, and the EB manager have all made that joke.

[quote name='Scorch']Believe it or not, you, my brother, the GC manager, and the EB manager have all made that joke.[/QUOTE]

oh i believe it. its too damn easy. i guess thats what the heh is for. you played it? think i may have to go and pick it up.

I'm having a hard time finding this, let alone finding a deal on it. the GGC would've been great but I was told they don't carry it there. I also can't find Kuon anywhere locally.

I believe horror is the new RPG and Fatal Frame 2 and Resident Evil 4 are the Final Fantasy's of this Generation.

a few EB's i went to didn't have the xbox version, not even in their system for some reason... BB doesn't seem to carry it either.

I saw this game at my EB.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I believe horror is the new RPG and Fatal Frame 2 and Resident Evil 4 are the Final Fantasy's of this Generation.[/QUOTE]
Whatcha mean by that? If you mean to imply that they're hard to find, then I don't think RE4 exactly fits...it's not exactly rare. ;)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I saw this game at my EB.

Whatcha mean by that? If you mean to imply that they're hard to find, then I don't think RE4 exactly fits...it's not exactly rare. ;)[/QUOTE]

when i was 18, final fantasy was the "in" game as well as rpgs as seen in the massive amounts of people who want to collect all the ps1 rpgs. i think he just saying the horror genre has become this new generations "final fantasy" in that it is a rather popular game genre nowadays as rpgs were when i was younger.

[quote name='Rig']I've never heard of the game...is it good?[/QUOTE]

"For a $20 survival horror game" (quote, cough, heh) it kicks some ass.

As a $50 survival horror game? Not too sure. But I'll tell you I played multiplayer with a friend of mine, and while the game is a bit derivative of Silent Hill it is quite interesting. We were sucked in for a good few hours before we moved onto Lego Star Wars.

The game is essentially the story of 5 high school teenagers looking for a friend who has mysteriously vanished. They decide to hide at their school late after all of the faculty have gone home, and soon learn that there is more to their school than they ever knew. *insert evil monsters, sounds, crazy puzzles, clues to follow, windows to smash with bats, etc*

You can play as a single student or have a friend tag on and adventure together.

Bottom line: Worth the price if you like Horror - hunt it down.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']"For a $20 survival horror game" (quote, cough, heh) it kicks some ass.

As a $50 survival horror game? Not too sure. But I'll tell you I played multiplayer with a friend of mine, and while the game is a bit derivative of Silent Hill it is quite interesting. We were sucked in for a good few hours before we moved onto Lego Star Wars.

The game is essentially the story of 3 high school teenagers looking for a friend who has mysteriously vanished. They decide to hide at their school late after all of the faculty have gone home, and soon learn that there is more to their school than they ever knew. *insert evil monsters, sounds, crazy puzzles, clues to follow, windows to smash with bats, etc*

You can play as a single student or have a friend tag on and adventure together.

Bottom line: Worth the price if you like Horror - hunt it down.[/QUOTE]

yeah i think im going to jet to eb now and grab it. though i dont have any friends to play it with. sniffle.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']"For a $20 survival horror game" (quote, cough, heh) it kicks some ass.

The game is essentially the story of 3 high school teenagers looking for a friend who has mysteriously vanished. They decide to hide at their school late after all of the faculty have gone home, and soon learn that there is more to their school than they ever knew. *insert evil monsters, sounds, crazy puzzles, clues to follow, windows to smash with bats, etc*

Ah. Sounds good. Maybe I will pick it up...

Oh, and www.ebgames.com has both the Xbox and PS2 versions in stock...

..exactly how long did you play, because there's five characters..

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47280

I played for a good hour or two until all my characters died (I wasn't really being careful, just kinda screwing around and feeling the game out) and I encountered one new character in addition to the initial 3. I'm incredibly happy with the game and I can't believe it was only $20.

On a side note, I find it pretty funny that some of the characters are named after South Park characters. I mean Stan and Kenny could've just been a coincedence, but after I found a note signed "Mr. Garrison" I got the joke.

Is it true that you can actually play basketball in Obscure?

According to Gamespot's preview, you can play basketball to your "heart's content." Not sure if they were lying. I know the storyline starts out with you at a basketball gym via cinema but I've never seen screenshots showing that you can play or control any part of bball... help, please?

Yaeh, I went to my EB and they didn't have it in-stock. It's becoming a little difficult to find. Hopefully this weekend when I actually look at more EBs, they'll have it.

You can put in your zip code on EBgames.com amd it will tell you if your store has it. All you do is click on the game and to the right is a box to put in your zip code, and it will tell you which closest one has the game.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']"We were sucked in for a good few hours..."

as posted :)[/QUOTE]

I question your competency while playing games then, you unlock a fourth character within 30 minutes or so. :p

[quote name='Scorch']I question your competency while playing games then, you unlock a fourth character within 30 minutes or so. :p[/QUOTE]

Oy. Edited. 5. Slight error.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Isn't this a PS2 only game? That link eariler goes to the xbox version which I haven't even heard of anywhere but through that link.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's a PS2 and Xbox game. I think the Xbox version is the slightly better version of two though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I am tempted to get this game despite my self-imposed ban on more purchases this calendar year......[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'll probably end up getting one in the next two weeks since I found an EB that has a ton of them

bread's done
Back