Oct. 2012 @Gamer-$20 Dead Island GOTY, $45 Sleeping Dogs, $10 off used game $29.99+

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
THESE COUPONS ARE NOT FROM THE $10 "FALL SPECIAL" COD ISSUE & THE COD ISSUE IS NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE $15 PAID GAMERS CLUB UNLOCKED SUBSCRIPTION SO YOU MUST SPEND AN ADDITIONAL $10 IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE COUPONS FROM THAT(COD) ISSUE.(Link below)

CREDIT + THANX TO loxthefox

October @Gamer Coupons

Assassin's Creed 3 is on the cover
Coupons are valid 10/7/2012 thru 11/3/2012

icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with SALE prices(no override should be needed since they now state "valid on sale prices")
icon10.gif
Coupons DO STACK with the 10% discount on USED games for GCU($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP)
icon8.gif
Coupons DO NO STACK with PRICE MATCHES, "PACKAGE" deals (buy 2 get 1, etc), other coupons on the same title or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)
:joystick:Coupons DO NOT WORK with ONLINE ORDERING yet BUT if enough people "KUDO" in the link provided below BestBuy will change the coupons accordingly like they did with coupons stacking with sale prices.
:nottalking:BestBuy allowing a single coupon to be used on 2 copies of the same game is COMPLETELY YMMV but per the wording on the coupon 1 per game.

The Oct. mag cost $5 for a single issue or it's free with $15 Gamers club Unlocked(GCU) subscription. Mag has to been scanned in the same transaction with the subscription barcode from the GCU subscription booklet(found in-store behind the trade in counter) or printout from gaming kiosk.

PRICES IN GREEN REPRESENT THE PRICE YOU PAY AFTER THE COUPON IS DEDUCTED

$20 Dead Island GOTY AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...s=960&st=dead+island+game+of+the+year+edition

$45 Sleeping Dogs AFTER $15 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##5##6&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$30 Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance AFTER $10 off coupon
$25 USED w/$10 off pre-owned coupon below NOT INCLUDING 10% GCU discount
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kingdom...2.p?id=1218512740683&skuId=4709462&st=kingdom hearts&lp=1&cp=1

$30 PS3/X360 $20 NDS Angry Birds Trilogy AFTER $10 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$40 F1 2012 AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##6##e&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$270 Triton Warhead headset AFTER $30 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tritton...65.p?id=1218708013632&skuId=5936865&st=Triton Warhead headset&cp=1&lp=1

$60 Razer Naga Gaming Mouse AFTER $20 off coupon
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Razer+-...8661380065&skuId=5559544&st=5559544&cp=1&lp=1

$10 OFF ANY pre-owned game $29.99 and up.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pre-Own...es/pcmcat232900050017.c?id=pcmcat232900050017

Fall COD Special Issue
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Call-of-Duty-Special-Edition-Gamer/td-p/586998

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327310

Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

Having problems receiving your mag on time/at all contact @gamer CS direct @ 1-800-678-3643
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/FAQ-cc.jsp?lsid=&vid=&cds_page_id=86076&cds_mag_code=GMR
You may also want to contact your local postmaster as well

Vote for getting the coupons to work online
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Guys, I signed up for the Digital Edition. Where's the disc with all the demos on it so I can play the games?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say: "huh????"

[quote name='barrit']I'm waiting for the Landfill Edition. It comes with all the DLC.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is I've heard that version is going to be sold in one place(Alamagordo, New Mexico).

Let's see if any gamers get the above reference. It's very vague.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only problem is I've heard that version is going to be sold in one place(Alamagordo, New Mexico).

Let's see if any gamers get the above reference. It's very vague.;)[/QUOTE]

You gotta phone home to get the answer to that one (see what i did there)

[quote name='confoosious']Guys, I signed up for the Digital Edition. Where's the disc with all the demos on it so I can play the games?[/QUOTE]

Ha. Next Generation magazine reference, those were the days.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only problem is I've heard that version is going to be sold in one place(Alamagordo, New Mexico).

Yeah,
Unfortunately I'm another one who's old enough to get that reference.

Will they have Reese's Pieces there?

I don't know if anyone else got the BB Prize email where you take it in the score and they scan it and tell you what you won, but I took mine in and got a $5 off so I picked up a $10 PSN card for $5. Hope they keep doing this.

[quote name='pun123']I don't know if anyone else got the BB Prize email where you take it in the score and they scan it and tell you what you won, but I took mine in and got a $5 off so I picked up a $10 PSN card for $5. Hope they keep doing this.[/QUOTE]
I have mine all printed up and just realized I have only 3 more days after today to use it before it's void. I wish my pending RZ points from my latest trade would post already so I could use that $5 RZ certificate and this freebie one and get a $10 PSN card for gratis. ;)

[quote name='pun123']I don't know if anyone else got the BB Prize email where you take it in the score and they scan it and tell you what you won, but I took mine in and got a $5 off so I picked up a $10 PSN card for $5. Hope they keep doing this.[/QUOTE]

I did but too bad mine was also $5.

Good idea, I didn't think of that. I'll do that this weekend.

[quote name='barrit']Good idea, I didn't think of that. I'll do that this weekend.[/QUOTE]
As I said above, you better do it BEFORE the 13th as that's the expiration date on them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As I said above, you better do it BEFORE the 13th as that's the expiration date on them.[/QUOTE]

It seems to have conflicting info on it. It says bring it to the nearest BB store by 10/13/12, then it says "you may redeem it immediately through 10/13/12 at participating BB stores". I'll try to use it before Saturday though just to be safe.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Got my mag in the mail.[/QUOTE]

same. Waiting for SD and maybe KH. Never used a x amount off preowned coupon, so I might go for it this time. The rest all depend if they go on sale. Also gonna pick up that COD issue for free

aaahh... this guy :D

well, just to update. Got the mag. Looks like it was just delayed a few days because of the holiday and nothing to do with renewing

probably the worst month so far to me for coupons. Sleeping Dogs is way to new to go on sale before 50. Those Tritton headsets keep getting coupons over and over, some times on the mag, some times on the rewards site. slightest chance Dead island goes on sale for 20, to get to for 10.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']probably the worst month so far to me for coupons. Sleeping Dogs is way to new to go on sale before 50. Those Tritton headsets keep getting coupons over and over, some times on the mag, some times on the rewards site. slightest chance Dead island goes on sale for 20, to get to for 10.[/QUOTE]

Isn't sleeping dogs $39.99 at two stores this week?! Kind defeats your statement.

Couldn't agree more about the Triton comment though

I really want to get Dead Island for $10. I think there's a chance towards the end of the month, just like how ME3 dropped a week before the coupons were set to expire.

[quote name='shadowkast']Isn't sleeping dogs $39.99 at two stores this week?! Kind defeats your statement.

Couldn't agree more about the Triton comment though[/QUOTE]
I mean at Best Buy. They have been getting smart about this. Not sure if Sleeping Dogs is going on sale at Best Buy. Gamestop issuing a coupon... nooo

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Man that few Gears Triple Pack was a massive pain to get. So much convincing between the "taken from regular price" on the coupon convincing them that their own forums were corporate saying that it comes from sale prices. To getting a manager to override to give me a free game.[/QUOTE]That was in the 2nd or 3rd issue whe coupons started to stack & the coupons said they came off reg. prices not sale prices but being able to score Ico/SOTC for $15 right when it came out was epic. Too bad GS doesn't do 100% trade in offers b/c a few flips there would get me 2 pair of beats by dre LOL.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']probably the worst month so far to me for coupons. Sleeping Dogs is way to new to go on sale before 50. Those Tritton headsets keep getting coupons over and over, some times on the mag, some times on the rewards site. slightest chance Dead island goes on sale for 20, to get to for 10.[/QUOTE]

There have definitely been worse months... I mainly just don't understand the logic though. If you're ONLY looking to ever get games for $10-15 then you'll be disappointed, sure. But really, if so then you're just spoiled (not just you, anybody). That's not what the coupons are about, I mean I guess it becomes a balance between hopefully waiting for a sale and just picking it up for a lot of us...but it shouldn't be depending on or expected. If people keep waiting them out and only using them when/if the stuff goes on sale though, they'll eventually stop. You think that they don't/won't notice?

I will say I agree about headphones though. While it may not be these specific ones that keep getting coupons, they do have some kind of headphones nearly every month. How about some more variety in the accessory department? More controllers, maybe some memory, cases for portables, etc. I'd love to see more PC accessories on sale too...

Hopefully Dead Island goes on sale for $19.99 so I use the $10 coupon and get it for $9.99. I've had that same success with Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, and Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='JKSonic']There have definitely been worse months... I mainly just don't understand the logic though. If you're ONLY looking to ever get games for $10-15 then you'll be disappointed, sure. But really, if so then you're just spoiled (not just you, anybody). That's not what the coupons are about, I mean I guess it becomes a balance between hopefully waiting for a sale and just picking it up for a lot of us...but it shouldn't be depending on or expected. If people keep waiting them out and only using them when/if the stuff goes on sale though, they'll eventually stop. You think that they don't/won't notice?

I will say I agree about headphones though. While it may not be these specific ones that keep getting coupons, they do have some kind of headphones nearly every month. How about some more variety in the accessory department? More controllers, maybe some memory, cases for portables, etc. I'd love to see more PC accessories on sale too...[/QUOTE]
I believe my statement is being misunderstood, I should have wrote it more clear. Take for example this past month's coupons, ME 3 coupon. I bought the for $30 after the coupon, taken from $50. People just this past week got it for 10. The 30 dollars was well spent for me before the price drop, beat the game. however, this past month's had some variety in the coupons, this month not so much. That silly angry birds coupon, all 3 games are next to free on Android, $40 for a trilogy, come on.

[quote name='klimb22']Refresh my memory. Do the digital coupons have unique barcodes/SKUs to prevent multiple use?[/QUOTE]

The digital coupons are unique and for one time use.

[quote name='Donut2922']The digital coupons are unique and for one time use.[/QUOTE]

Now I understand why I wasn't able to return/rebuy with my coupon.

Sounds like I should switch back to the physical mag so I won't have the same problem.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Now I understand why I wasn't able to return/rebuy with my coupon.

Sounds like I should switch back to the physical mag so I won't have the same problem.[/QUOTE]

If the store knows what they are doing then you wouldn't have luck with physical either.

Policy (and coupon) states that when the coupon is used they need to physically take the coupon, mark VOID on it and put it In the register.

Then they aren't supposed to let you use a coupon unless you are able to surrender it.

That's policy. Not saying they won't let you circumvent it, but mods have said that you can't use that coupon later when trying to PM it.

[quote name='Donut2922']The digital coupons are unique and for one time use.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.
[quote name='eLefAdEr']Now I understand why I wasn't able to return/rebuy with my coupon.

Sounds like I should switch back to the physical mag so I won't have the same problem.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If the store knows what they are doing then you wouldn't have luck with physical either.

Policy (and coupon) states that when the coupon is used they need to physically take the coupon, mark VOID on it and put it In the register.

Then they aren't supposed to let you use a coupon unless you are able to surrender it.

That's policy. Not saying they won't let you circumvent it, but mods have said that you can't use that coupon later when trying to PM it.[/QUOTE]
...but with the physical coupon at least you a fighting chance since the coupon SKU is reusable. I have seen more success stories than denials for PMs/reuse of the coupon.

[quote name='klimb22']

...but with the physical coupon at least you a fighting chance since the coupon SKU is reusable. I have seen more success stories than denials for PMs/reuse of the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yeh. You have a better shot, but it's not guarunteed.

Picked up Dead Island GotY version for 20 dollars today using the 10 dollar off coupon from this month's @Gamer magazine. I also picked up Prometheous: CE bluray too for 25 dollars. I love saving money and being a "Gamer Unlocked" member; much more beneficial for gamers who love saving money compared to Gamestop's Powerup Rewards. :applause:

[quote name='icewolf74']Picked up Dead Island GotY version for 20 dollars today using the 10 dollar off coupon from this month's @Gamer magazine. I also picked up Prometheous: CE bluray too for 25 dollars. I love saving money and being a "Gamer Unlocked" member; much more beneficial for gamers who love saving money compared to Gamestop's Powerup Rewards. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Gonna get that Prometheus 3D version for $19.99 by trading in an old DVD for the $5 off coupon.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If the store knows what they are doing then you wouldn't have luck with physical either.

That's policy. Not saying they won't let you circumvent it, but mods have said that you can't use that coupon later when trying to PM it.[/QUOTE]
I've actually been reminding the employees when I come up with a game and want to use the @Gamer coupons that they're supposed to take them and mark void or whatever on them since I want to continue to see deals happening.

Anyway, I used my "mystery" RZ certificate tonight to rebuy Driver San Francisco for $15 on clearance. It ended up costing me $10 out of pocket for it after that.

While there I had them combine my three trade-in gift cards onto a normal gift card. So you don't really need the Pitch In card to combine your trade credit cards into one.

I also asked about my standing after my second interview and the gaming rep said they just brought a bunch of people in, so it's not looking good for me on getting hired there.:cry: Oh well. I'll probably call the store tomorrow nonetheless since I couldn't get a free moment with any of the managers I saw milling about to ask.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Didnt get my mag yet but with no stacks this upcomming week its easier to wait a little longer[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that's how I feel. I'm not in a rush to buy Dead Island knowing my huge back log but if it goes on sale for like $19.99 in the coming weeks, then I'm flying to Best Buy to purchase a copy using the coupon for $9.99. If it doesn't go on sale, I'll just wait till the last week to use the coupon.

I was also going to pre-order that Midway Arcade origins, but I just saw a complete list of the games on one of the gaming sites in the comments section and more than 20 of them would be unplayed.

Not to mention I can play the original Rampage on the Arcade Party Pak I have on disc from PS1 that I also play Klax on.

Oh well. I guess that just means I get to save the rest of my credit for GTA V now, whenever the fuck that finally gets an official release date.:bomb:

Got my magazine today, and they were totally cool about doing a return/rebuy with coupon with just my receipt on the game I bought last week. Nice.

Might consider trading in my Dead Island for the GOTY if it drops to $10 with coupon, too (unless there are any reasons I might be better off keeping the original...like glitches or issues with saves carrying over? Anyone?)

Should I get dead island on ps3 or 360? I'm definitely interested in that and sleeping dogs this month. Now that the NHL lockout is happening I might finally have time to burn through a few games in my back log. I might get assassins creed 3 this month but I might just get it for the vita and get the ps3 version Black Friday since I'm still on assassins creed 2... I need to take some time off work and beat some of these. Lol

[quote name='MR_E']Got my magazine today, and they were totally cool about doing a return/rebuy with coupon with just my receipt on the game I bought last week. Nice.

Might consider trading in my Dead Island for the GOTY if it drops to $10 with coupon, too (unless there are any reasons I might be better off keeping the original...like glitches or issues with saves carrying over? Anyone?)[/QUOTE]
If you plan on playing online on the PS3 with Dead Island, then you need to be aware of freezing issues and framerate drops that I and another CAG experienced in DI.

But if you plan on playing offline, I don't recall having very many issues when going solo in the game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you plan on playing online on the PS3 with Dead Island, then you need to be aware of freezing issues and framerate drops that I and another CAG experienced in DI.

But if you plan on playing offline, I don't recall having very many issues when going solo in the game.[/QUOTE]

Is that with the GOTY or just in general? I already have the vanilla version for ps3 and finished it long ago and didn't run into any co-op problems, myself. Was just wondering if there's any GOTY-specific reason I might not want to trade in my vanilla version for the GOTY if it drops to $10 with coupon.

[quote name='MR_E']Is that with the GOTY or just in general? I already have the vanilla version for ps3 and finished it long ago and didn't run into any co-op problems, myself. Was just wondering if there's any GOTY-specific reason I might not want to trade in my vanilla version for the GOTY if it drops to $10 with coupon.[/QUOTE]
I only played through the vanilla edition. Albeit my friend and I were both having connection issues regarding our conflicting speeds as well. So that may have been it. But it is a reported issue with the game from what I've seen.

bread's done
Back