October 2010 @Gamer Magazine Coupons ($135 in savings)

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
The next issue arrived in stores and features the Call of Duty: Black Ops game.

:360::ps3: $20 off Lost Planet 2
:360: $20 off Crackdown 2
:360::ps3: $10 off Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
:psp: $15 off Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
:360::ps3: $20 off H.A.W.X. 2
:360::ps3: $10 off NBA Elite 11 (EA has decided to delay this game until further notice)
:360: $30 off Earforce X41 Headphone set
:wii: $10 off Wii Mini Controller Pack (assorted)

All coupons are valid now (9/23- 10/30)

Magazines are $5.99 plus tax. You can subscribe for $19.99 and get 10 issues using the little pamphlet that come in the books, or by going to this website: https://www.atgamermagazine.com/ (Thank you nddave for the link).

Last edited by a moderator:
NBA Elite delayed no new date set per IGN

Put me down for Kingdom hearts and Hawx 2 for $25 and $30

So basically BB is using coupons instead of putting games on sale that match up with the sale prices seen at other retailers. $40 for lost planet I already PM'd this a while ago and $40 for crackdown was already avail at another store too. Spiderman was $50 a wk after release and couldv'e been a steal at $30 if you did the BOGO 50% at TRU I'll wait for it to drop to $40 or another BB buy 2 games and get a $20/$25 GC.

I wish I'd gotten this issues instead for the SM:SD coupon. oh well. not buying any. reading it was pretty dull

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Nice coupon on Birth by Sleep![/QUOTE]

+1 definately get this.

I would get LP2 also but got it with the Kmart HReach deal.
LP2 MSRP 39.99 so it brings it down to 20

ahhh! how do I get this mag?? jus pick it up at the store??

$15 BBS coupon + $10 gift card I got from buying Starcraft 2 = win!!

Ugh, crappy coupons this month. Last month was pretty awesome though.

I'm still amazed ANYBODY is buying this magazine, I mean these exact same coupons used to be FREE just a few months ago. Unless there was a magazine where I wanted something which I couldn't already find used for the same price as I'm getting with the coupon I can't see myself ever actually buying one of these.

Great find, I bought some games yesterday with Septembers coupon at the store, the magazine is free. Now I'm gonna have to go back to get these.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']The magazine is $6 at the store.[/QUOTE]sheeeyit. $6 for a $15 coupon's still a deally yo.

that's still like what a $9 coupon?? works for me, I was gonna buy BBS soon anyways... at full price even!!

coz I want it!!

October is a fail month for coupons. Decent coupons, just nothing I'm interested in.

Hopefully their little weekly deal thing w/ the coupons are good for something.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']I wonder if they would change the Elite coupon to 2K11[/QUOTE]

No but I smell a similar coupon fiasco to what happened with Demon Souls maybe.

Like Hey Best Buy I have this $10 coupon but the game never shipped ? What gives?

Oh no problems here are 500 Reward Points you can use on anything.

At the very least I would like to be able to use the NBA Elite coupon to buy NBA Jam on the 360 or PS3 when its ships

Wii version is $49.99 this would make it $39.99 or for me about $5 bucks after my HALO REACH gift cards.

Has anyone tied to "game" these coupons yet?

Like how do they show up on the receipts Like can we use a $20 Lost Planet 2 coupon. Then come back and exchange it for Black OPs and the $20 off would still apply. Since they would both be $59.99 and we never opened Lost Planet 2

Slim chance but we have all seen and done weirder things at Best Buy.

October 2009's Buy 2 get 1 Free Madness comes to mind remember buy 2 games as long as the 2nd game was scanned second it was free even if it was $59.99. I still have like 4 un opened games from that haul.

[quote name='Corvin']Crackdown could have potential given the right sale.[/QUOTE]
And that sale would have to be $20. Game is garbage.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Nice coupon on Birth by Sleep![/QUOTE]

really its only 5 bucks off since target had it for the last 2 weeks at 30

nice coupon if you already get the book for free but not really worth it

[quote name='MrYouTube']Has anyone tied to "game" these coupons yet?

Like how do they show up on the receipts Like can we use a $20 Lost Planet 2 coupon. Then come back and exchange it for Black OPs and the $20 off would still apply. Since they would both be $59.99 and we never opened Lost Planet 2

Slim chance but we have all seen and done weirder things at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]They would give you money back or credit equal to the exact amount that you've paid. Unless you "lost" your receipt, but that's pretty a pretty shady thing to do. Plus I believe they keep your driver's license on record if you do something like that.

If you really want $20 off Black Ops, just buy it from Amazon and get a $20 GC. Yeah, it's not the same thing as $20 in pocket, but at least it's legit.

[quote name='JEKKI']I can't find where in the store the magazine is ;_;[/QUOTE]

In my store it's where the game guides are. Top shelf in a crafty cardboard prob box.

well I asked the guy and he said they all sold out o_O

is that common??

I don't have any other BB conveniently around me, but maybe my monthly adventures may take me close to one??

Yeah, Crackdown 2 ... truly and honestly ... awful

Now that Keys to the City has been released, I rented it ... and it literally went back in 2 days. It is soooo bad ... the first game is actually superior in a number of ways. I would seriously caution anyone considering it at even $20. The ironic part is that the Keys to the City mode actually shows you just how empty and boring the world is. There is literally nothing to do except go through the same process of turning on beacons and then after 3 are up, going into a Freak lair. Each lair can be found once you use Keys to the City and are flying around .. and they are small, nondescript and all similar.

Exploration is a wash because if you've played Crackdown 1, you know 90% of the map and it's fun to see it in a run down state once ... until you realize that alot of it has actually been simplified from the first game.

So yeah ... do what's right and just avoid Crackdown 2 ... it is honestly one of the worst sequels I have ever played and you will regret paying money for it ... even if it's only $20.

[quote name='JEKKI']well I asked the guy and he said they all sold out o_O

is that common??

I don't have any other BB conveniently around me, but maybe my monthly adventures may take me close to one??[/QUOTE]

I drive for a living thru NJ PA & DE and the new books are a week to 10 days behind the info. thru CAG. But I've never seen them sold out. Both Princeton/Plainsboro NJ, Willow Grove/Montgomeryville PA have at least 5-8 copies of the current books b/c the coupons don't expire until 10/2 or 10/3

[quote name='Corvin']Crackdown could have potential given the right sale.[/QUOTE]

coupon can't be used if the game is on sale, or at least the coupon is applied to the non-sale price.

[quote name='Gsuscryst']coupon can't be used if the game is on sale, or at least the coupon is applied to the non-sale price.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Coupons do work on games on sale even though it states on the back of the coupon not valid on sale items. Last month's issue has coupons for MW2 and K&L2 and they both currently work with no manual adjustments needed at register and they are both on sale. Coupons also applies to the on sale price.

Well, I went to Best Buy to look for Octobers new coupons, but not cigar. I'm gonna try some other local Best Buy just to find October coupons and get my deal over with. The sales associate said to wait at least by thursday. The confusing part is reading the new coupon dates from this ad which seem to start in September.

[quote name='MikePWV']Wrong. Coupons do work on games on sale even though it states on the back of the coupon not valid on sale items. Last month's issue has coupons for MW2 and K&L2 and they both currently work with no manual adjustments needed at register and they are both on sale. Coupons also applies to the on sale price.[/QUOTE]

i must of missed reading that they worked. but thanks for correcting me i picked up K&L2 for 10 and change with the coupon and 15 rewardzone cert.

I just received a free copy of this in the mail. Looks like I'll be picking up KH and hoping for a price drop on Spider-Man.

anyone got an extra Kingdom hearts BBS coupon they dont want and want to send it to me or know where i can get one cheap (dont want to pay 6 for the stupid book) and if i get a sub they books will take 4 to 6 weeks to even start

Too bad the Earforce X41 coupon isnt for one of the cheaper models lol. I was about to poo my pants if it was for the $59 ones.

[quote name='CXK']Too bad the Earforce X41 coupon isnt for one of the cheaper models lol. I was about to poo my pants if it was for the $59 ones.[/QUOTE]

Same here! LMAO! I tested them out in store on saturday...damn they are nice. I don't need a new pair of headphones...but the sound quality is night & day difference between those & the ones I use now.

[quote name='socash11']Actually, Lost Planet 2 is $40 on their website, so with this coupon it should be $20, which is actually a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]
Got Lost Planet 2 at $23 new Ebay a month ago.

$20 isn't bad, but this a game I could've waited to hit $15.

The single player campaign doesn't save your progress i.e. no checkpoints between chapters. So if you made it all the way to Scene 1 - Chapter 3 but died, you have to start all the way back to Scene 1 - Chapter 1.

Plus you have some of the stupidest AI squad members in the game, who tries to kill enemies by shooting through you. Get this game for online only.

bread's done
Back