Octoplet mother UPDATE - Grandma Calls Daughter 'Unconscionable', more

I think the media and old politicians are what is wrong with the country.
This octopussy bitch should be stoned to death or have all her kids taken away. Should she really get to enjoy them all, and make money off them when she can't pay for them? I heard something like a billion dollars for the care of the 8 pre mature babies while they are in the hospital. She should definately have to give the babies up if she can't even pay for 10 percent of their bills. I suppose we could just ship her to China.

[quote name='HuppSav']I think the media and old politicians are what is wrong with the country.
This octopussy bitch should be stoned to death or have all her kids taken away. Should she really get to enjoy them all, and make money off them when she can't pay for them? I heard something like a billion dollars for the care of the 8 pre mature babies while they are in the hospital. She should definately have to give the babies up if she can't even pay for 10 percent of their bills. I suppose we could just ship her to China.[/quote]

I think you mean Japan. China is already overpopulated, while Japan's numbers are dwindling. She could singlehandedly boost Japan's population while only slightly dragging down their economy!

[quote name='thrustbucket']Agreed. I was over this story in about 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Other than having 8 at once and 14 total (which makes it more extreme) there's nothing new here.

Stupid people have been having more kids than they can afford since fucking was invented.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Agreed. Other than having 8 at once and 14 total (which makes it more extreme) there's nothing new here.

Stupid people have been having more kids than they can afford since fucking was invented.[/quote]

It's an illustration of everything that's wrong with America.

Pro-lifer politicians lose their goddamn minds anytime a woman takes control of her reproductive organs and makes a responsible choice about whether or not she can afford a child.

Yet who from the govt will represent the rational self-sufficient citizens who are outraged that we will end up supporting this woman's ill-conceived brood with our hard-earned tax dollars (not to mention the collagen implants, fertility treatments, and vast abundance of toys this woman spent her money on). Who is going to admit the vast failure of our so-called health "system" yet again. Who is going to point out our screwed-up priorities, the obsession with celebrity (Jolie) and babies that led to this mess in the first place?

You know how this woman made her money - she hit pay dirt from a supposedly hurt back during a psyche ward riot and then a car crash claim. Put it together with her other behavior, can you say sociopath.

I heard there could be medical sanctions for the fertility doctor, and that's about it. Well whopedee-doo! Good to know we're all getting screwed over again.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm not saying it's not ridiculous.

Just c'est la vie.[/quote]

Maybe. Although you don't see this stuff happening in Europe or Japan. Is it possible we're getting more ass-backwards by the day?

Could be for sure. And it's definitely a more egregarous case than the typical poor person having more children than they can afford given the fertility drugs etc.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I dunno what's bigger her lips or her belly... What I do know is that I shouldn't have clicked on that link.[/QUOTE]

Does "Alien" ring a bell? ;)

[quote name='camoor']
Pro-lifer politicians lose their goddamn minds anytime a woman takes control of her reproductive organs and makes a responsible choice about whether or not she can afford a child.[/quote]
Um. What?

That's probably the most spin I've ever seen put on someone's decision to solve an "oopsy" with an abortion.

When women actually are responsible with their reproductive organs, it never gets to the point of "pro-lifers losing their goddamn minds" (except in cases of rape).

closebj7.gif
[quote name='Dead of Knight']Octopussy now has a website where you can donate and leave a comment.
http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com/

Yes it's real, that's her PR firm listed at the bottom. Dumbasses. :rofl:[/quote]

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A big share of the financial burden of raising Nadya Suleman's 14 children could fall on the shoulders of California's taxpayers, compounding the public furor in a state already billions of dollars in the red.
Even before the 33-year-old single, unemployed mother gave birth to octuplets last month, she had been caring for her six other children with the help of $490 a month in food stamps, plus Social Security disability payments for three of the youngsters. The public aid will almost certainly be increased with the new additions to her family.

Also, the hospital where the octuplets are expected to spend seven to 12 weeks has requested reimbursement from Medi-Cal, the state's Medicaid program, for care of the premature babies, according to the Los Angeles Times. The cost has not been disclosed.

Word of the public assistance has stoked the furor over Suleman's decision to have so many children by having embryos implanted in her womb.

"It appears that, in the case of the Suleman family, raising 14 children takes not simply a village but the combined resources of the county, state and federal governments," Los Angeles Times columnist Tim Rutten wrote in Wednesday's paper. He called Suleman's story "grotesque."

On the Internet, bloggers rained insults on Suleman, calling her an "idiot," criticizing her decision to have more children when she couldn't afford the ones she had, and suggesting she be sterilized.

"It's my opinion that a woman's right to reproduce should be limited to a number which the parents can pay for," Charles Murray wrote in a letter to the Los Angeles Daily News. "Why should my wife and I, as taxpayers, pay child support for 14 Suleman kids?"

She was also berated on talk radio, where listeners accused her of manipulating the system and being an irresponsible mother.

"From the outside you can tell that this woman was playing the system," host Bryan Suits said on the "Kennedy and Suits" show on KFI-AM. "You're damn right the state should step in and seize the kids and adopt them out."

A call to Suleman's publicist Mike Furtney was not immediately returned.

In her only media interviews, Suleman told NBC's "Today" she doesn't consider the public assistance she receives to be welfare and doesn't intend to remain on it for long.

Also, a Nadya Suleman Family Web Site has been set up to collect donations for the children. It features pictures of the mother and each octuplet and has instructions for making donations by check or credit card.

Suleman, whose six older children range in age from 2 to 7, said three of them receive disability payments. She said one is autistic, but she has not disclosed the other youngsters' disabilities, and refused to say how much they get in payments.

In California, a low-income family can receive Social Security payments of up to $793 a month for each disabled child. Three children would amount to $2,379.

The Suleman octuplets' medical costs have not been disclosed, but in 2006, the average cost for a premature baby's hospital stay in California was $164,273, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The average cost for just one cesarean birth in 2006 was $22,762 in California. Eight times that equals $1.3 million.

For a single mother, the cost of raising 14 children through age 17 ranges from $1.3 million to $2.7 million, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is struggling to close a $42 billion budget gap by cutting services, declined through a spokesman to comment on the taxpayer costs associated with the octuplets' delivery and care.

Suleman received disability payments for an on-the-job back injury during a riot at a state mental hospital, collecting more than $165,000 over nearly a decade before the benefits were discontinued last year.
Some of the disability money was spent on in vitro fertilizations, which was used for all 14 of her children, Suleman said. Suleman said she also worked double shifts at the mental hospital and saved up for the treatments. She estimated that all her treatments cost $100,000.

A dozen states, including California, have laws requiring insurance companies to cover infertility treatment, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. But California does not require insurers to cover in vitro procedures. It's not clear what type of coverage Suleman has.

In the NBC interview, Suleman said she will go back to California State University, Fullerton in the fall to complete her master's degree in counseling, and will use student loans to support her children. She said she will rely on the school's daycare center and volunteers.

bolded for emphasis.

the lady should be locked up and the children put up for adoption.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D969LSL80&show_article=1

Or their whole house should be firebombed. The kids will grow up worthless like the mom and the parents should die for having such a dumb twat of a daughter.

[quote name='nursecarol']
I think we need to give her a break. The babies are here, and personally I'm glad that she decided to carry them all. Yes, it's going to cost her alot, but so what. She'll get help and she deserves to get the help for her children. Hating on her shouldn't mean that her babes should all starve to death. Americans get mad at the silliest things. she made a decision, and if she gets donations, and ofcourse she will, then it'll be a good thing.[/quote]

Geezus fucking christ. This "nurse" needs to be locked up with Dlusional cunt. Oh yeah... it's not a big deal. Oh yeah, we'll "bail(her)out". It's all good. :roll:

Apparently the house in which the Octomom, her grandparents, and the 14 kids were planning on staying in is potentially up for foreclosure, due to being roughly $23,000 behind in mortgage payments.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/19/octuplets.foreclosure/index.html

Sad, but it doesn't take a genius to see this coming. Over the coming weeks I imagine this is all going to end very, very badly once the gravity of the situation firmly slaps the mother in the face.

~HotShotX

A spokeswoman for Suleman recently quit because she had been flooded with death threats from people angry that Suleman is receiving disability payments and food stamps to help raise her children.

Always look for the silver lining.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Geezus fucking christ. This "nurse" needs to be locked up with Dlusional cunt. Oh yeah... it's not a big deal. Oh yeah, we'll "bail(her)out". It's all good. :roll:[/quote]

I'm actually impressed by Americans on this one.

They didn't take the NurseCarol route and gurgle awwwww babies! Instead they got the message loud and clear (IE we all end up paying for this lady's kids) and are rightfully taking this woman to task.

While life won't be pleasant I hope the kids don't pay too much for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing reality slap the mom square in the face. Hopefully this discourages other serial moms and reckless enabling doctors who are thinking of a similar course of action.

Just when you think things couldn't get any more absurd:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/02/20/sbt.octomom.homeless.cnn

An advocacy group has made an offer to the Octomom to buy her a house and help her raise the children. As a result, Suleman was spotted checking out houses for sale that range in the area of $1.25 Million.

At this point, I'm not sure what to think: It's great that someone is stepping up to help raise these children without burdening the taxpayer, but on the other hand I don't think someone should be rewarded for pumping out babies like a brood.

I fear a terrible precedent is being established, these people need help, yes, but it should not become an example of "bring more children into the world than you can possibly ever care for and you can live the high-life as others pay for it".

In the end, it's the money of a private advocacy group, so it's entirely their decision, but I'm concerned the example being set here will lead others to repeat the same mistakes, and I'm certain generosity is finite.

~HotShotX

A court ordered mental stay should be in order, obviously something is wrong with her.

Have the kids removed to people that may need them... like Japan.

[quote name='camoor']Hopefully this discourages other serial moms and reckless enabling doctors who are thinking of a similar course of action.[/quote]

You'd think it's quite obvious to not just MOMS but to ANY OTHER PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH A LADY THAT COMES IN AND ASKS ABOUT HAVING MORE KIDS WHEN STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HER IS 6 EXISTING KIDS.

And what do you mean Americans... you don't have to be American one this one, I don't think you even have to have a brain.

[quote name='HotShotX']In the end, it's the money of a private advocacy group, so it's entirely their decision, but I'm concerned the example being set here will lead others to repeat the same mistakes, and I'm certain generosity is finite.[/quote]

I hope, I really hope they are doing this for the children ONLY... If not they should get death threats too.

[quote name='xycury']
Have the kids removed to people that may need them... like Japan.[/quote]

Speaking of that... Why the fuck during this damn process hasn't that happened already?!

I think at a certain point we need to just outlaw fertility treatments for anyone with at least 1 child already, even more so when you're already on government assisstance any kind.

If this advocacy group is gonna buy her the house, the only house I support her getting has to be located in Compton.

[quote name='HotShotX']
At this point, I'm not sure what to think: It's great that someone is stepping up to help raise these children without burdening the taxpayer, but on the other hand I don't think someone should be rewarded for pumping out babies like a brood.
[/quote]

I still say use the mother in Soylent Green and the kids in my new Human Veal project. There is a market for it. Cheapest way out for everyone.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Speaking of that... Why the fuck during this damn process hasn't that happened already?![/quote]

I think because most of the babes are still in the hospital and Child services haven't been called.

Just wait till they get out, in like 3-4 months.

What's surprising is that she's not on a milker machine making enough to feed 8... she doesn't have 6 more tits, so I don't know when she'll find the time to breast feed, and buying formula is expensive.

Seriously this is going to end in failure... even more than what's already started.

One more edit: In an even crazier world, I'd accept the fact that someone out there will kidnap these babies and deliver them to infertile parents, like Robin Hood.

I'm not shocked that a group wants to buy her a house, because we've seen it before. But this lady is pretty crazy. 14 kids, 8 at one time. Seriously, she deserves no help, the kids should be put up for adoption (the 8 that were just born will likely be adopted right away, as lots of couples like newborn adoptions).

Also the comment/response picture that was posted is hilarious.

[quote name='xycury']I think because most of the babes are still in the hospital and Child services haven't been called.

Just wait till they get out, in like 3-4 months. [/quote]

For the record I was more directing it about the 6 kids she had PRIOR to this fiasco. She wasn't exactly in a good spot then, I'd imagine... xD

[quote name='xycury']In an even crazier world, I'd accept the fact that someone out there will kidnap these babies and deliver them to infertile parents, like Robin Hood.[/quote]

That would actually be kinda funny. Make it really cheesy like men in tights.

[quote name='VipFREAK']For the record I was more directing it about the 6 kids she had PRIOR to this fiasco. She wasn't exactly in a good spot then, I'd imagine... xD.[/quote]

Well they were staggered, and not all at once, some kids can raise themselves fine, and there was family involved.

with 8 coming out from the start... it'll be crazy.

I'd guess she would need at least 2 more people to hold and craddle and just be attending the babies non-stop.

[quote name='VipFREAK']That would actually be kinda funny. Make it really cheesy like men in tights.[/quote]

all the merrier! I would cheer it on.

[quote name='xycury']Well they were staggered, and not all at once, some kids can raise themselves fine, and there was family involved.[/quote]

That's funny, do you know a lot of families with 6 kids? I don't.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm not shocked that a group wants to buy her a house, because we've seen it before. But this lady is pretty crazy. 14 kids, 8 at one time. Seriously, she deserves no help, the kids should be put up for adoption (the 8 that were just born will likely be adopted right away, as lots of couples like newborn adoptions).[/quote]

One thing they don't mention is that these kids have serious health issues. Also this lady loves newborns, more then likely she'll want to get rid of them when they start growing out of the "cute" phase.

[quote name='HotShotX']Just when you think things couldn't get any more absurd:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/02/20/sbt.octomom.homeless.cnn

An advocacy group has made an offer to the Octomom to buy her a house and help her raise the children. As a result, Suleman was spotted checking out houses for sale that range in the area of $1.25 Million.

I fear a terrible precedent is being established, these people need help, yes, but it should not become an example of "bring more children into the world than you can possibly ever care for and you can live the high-life as others pay for it".

In the end, it's the money of a private advocacy group, so it's entirely their decision, but I'm concerned the example being set here will lead others to repeat the same mistakes, and I'm certain generosity is finite.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Wow, that advocacy group has completely missed the point. There are many, MANY more deserving families out there that could use the help.

And a $1.25 million house? No. Just, no.

Octomom is one of the symbols of what is wrong with California... due to special interests, we are driving out honest working citizens while proping up those who are part of the problem:
Octomom
Illegal aliens
Unions (teachers, gov't workers, prison guards)

I'm glad that we just passed a huge tax increase so that we can provide support for all those groups... :roll: ... so much for Arnold and the republicans' pledge to not raise taxes.

This is fucking ridiculous. I don't care how man babies someone has, as long as they can afford raising the kids. Someone really needs to step in here.

[quote name='BigT']
Octomom
Illegal aliens
Unions (teachers, gov't workers, prison guards)[/quote]

It would be awesome if they made a new SimCity with those categories as the disasters. I can just see it - illegals jumping the fence, unions jamming up basic city services, and a huge angelina jolie-headed octopus monster that launches babies onto your overpopulated city.

[quote name='The Crotch']I'm pretty sure you can get strikes going in SimCity already.[/quote]

I never played the modern one, but I heard they also had UFO strikes which is pretty cool.

I remember riots in 2000, but I can't remember 3k... And then the series died.

[quote name='The Crotch']I'm pretty sure you can get strikes going in SimCity already.[/quote]

Angelina Jolie's hot, this bitch is not, I don't get the comparisons (based on appearance, at least)

I saw an MSNBC special on her a while back and realized a lot of what I had read online was false (especially in regard to the disability her kids get & the settlement she got) -- I don't think she's anywhere near as despicable as most feel, and the kids seemed like they were happy in a loving family. Not an ideal situation, no, and she likely has some sort of mental condition to still want kids so badly with 6 that she couldn't properly afford, but I think she gets a lot of undeserved hate.

No, it's deserved. People shouldn't have more than 2 kids to replace themselves. Ideally, they'd have none. I hate the little fuckers.

Found this on Fox News via Google News.

[quote name='Fox News']Porn Plot: Vivid's Sordid Plans for Octomom

You may want to take a shower after reading this.

Vivid Entertainment has offered Nadya "Octomom" Suleman $1 million to star in a pornographic video. Now Tarts has learned the disgusting details of what they want Octomom to do.

They want Suleman, who gave birth to octuplets in January, to have sex in eight different scenes with eight different men.
"The number eight is obviously heavily associated with her so we would like to work with that," Vivid’s CEO Stephen Hirsch told Tarts. "But we would really love just to sit down and talk with her and come up with something she feels comfortable with. We want her to be involved with the whole thing from the plot line to the packaging."

Hirsch says Suleman has received their offer and is considering it.

Suleman did not return calls for comment.

"She’s struggling financially and this is a woman who wants to provide for her kids," Hirsch said. "This way she can hold her head high and not be using taxpayers money to support her family."
However, the New York Post's Cindy Adams is reporting that Octomom has been looking at $1 million houses in the Los Angeles area.

So maybe - let's all pray - she doesn't need the money.
[/quote]

Wow.

bread's done
Back