Offical Disney Movie Rewards Code Thread

You do realize most people do not own Blu-ray players, right? Blu-ray is still far from the dominant format.
i agree with this totally. while blu ray has grown a ton since its inception dvd sales are still higher as lots of people still dont have 1080p tvs and at the same time every device seems to have a dvd drive in it making it more accessible

There will be no new dominant physical medium ever. People are going digital. Not to mention the average person will not be able to tell 4K from 1080p.

i agree with this totally. while blu ray has grown a ton since its inception dvd sales are still higher as lots of people still dont have 1080p tvs and at the same time every device seems to have a dvd drive in it making it more accessible
If that's true, why aren't used DVDs worth the plastic they're molded from?

That's probably true for TV Shows (as the vast majority are still DVD only), but I would imagine movies are higher for Blu-rays since everything is in a damn combo pack now.

It would also depend on where it's being bought. B&M stores still carry more DVD copies of movies than Blu-rays, especially if it's more than a month old.

There will be no new dominant physical medium ever. People are going digital. Not to mention the average person will not be able to tell 4K from 1080p.
I take it "ever" is hyperbole. For one, you have to use a hard drive to store your digital content. Even if you're streaming it, the digital must physically reside somewhere. There will always be physical objects. Secondly, there will always be a market for people that can't or won't use a digital medium. Even as that market shrinks and becomes more expensive to produce for - it will persist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it "ever" is hyperbole. For one, you have to use a hard drive to store your digital content. Even if you're streaming it, the digital must physically reside somewhere. There will always be physical objects. Secondly, there will always be a market for people that can't or won't use a digital medium. Even as that market shrinks and becomes more expensive to produce for - it will persist.
That is not true at all. You do not need a hard drive or any physical copy of anything to stream. Netflix, Hulu, VUDU, Amazon, iTunes, Disney Movies Anywhere, all digital all streaming, No hard drive needed, no physical copy needed.

That is not true at all. You do not need a hard drive or any physical copy of anything to stream. Netflix, Hulu, VUDU, Amazon, iTunes, Disney Movies Anywhere, all digital all streaming, No hard drive needed, no physical copy needed.
You misunderstand, THEY have a hard drive. The digital copy still physically resides on someone's hard drive. The movie doesn't come out of thin air. If it's better for these to be stored remotely or locally on a hard drive is up for debate.

Considering that Net Neutrality was killed by the Supreme Court there is a huge case to be made for keeping physical objects and/or keeping files on local hard drives. Not every provider can afford to pay off the ISP's and not all of those that can afford it will be willing to do so.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-23/netflix-said-to-agree-to-pay-comcast-for-faster-broadband-access.html

You're talking about streaming files that are up to 50GB in size right now when the average bandwith in the US is 1.5 megabit. With 1080p and up to 7.2 surround, most people don't have the speed needed to actually show the quality they can get by using a Blu Ray disc. There's no reason to believe that file sizes are going to stop increasing either. With slow Internet, the end of net neutrality, and some ISP's data caps - I don't see the "all digital future" happening by 2020. Even without those three drags on it's adoption, the rest of the country just isn't ready for it. Look at the number of people streaming netflix, just about 30 million. The total US population is just under 320 million. That means that what is by far the most popular streaming service in the world only serves 1/11 people.

I don't see people going all streaming any time soon. If that was even close to happening they wouldn't be giving away digital copies free with Blu Ray's.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dadehayes/2013/07/08/six-reasons-why-dvds-still-make-money-and-wont-die-anytime-soon/

As someone who appreciates audio and video fidelity, streaming is such a step backwards. Also, I like bonus features, and currently all of the streaming services ignore that stuff and only offer the movies themselves.

As someone who appreciates audio and video fidelity, streaming is such a step backwards. Also, I like bonus features, and currently all of the streaming services ignore that stuff and only offer the movies themselves.
Indeed, and as I said before, if they can't even get a 2-D movie to look as good as its BD counterpart (but usually above DVD), how can they hope a 3-D would be acceptable, considering it requires twice the data?

Question about this promo: http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/b3g1free

So If I redeem ANY 3 DMR Codes, and Pay for shipping I get a free BluRay

Will this use up the points for those 3 DMR Codes?

And also does this promotion change every month? Like will there be different free movies next month??

Thanks!
it won't use the points. they used to have these promos more often but this is the first I've seen for a while (not to say this won't continue, I'm hoping they do and put up new movies)

They added 3 Winter Soldier posters, and a few new Muppets items. I redeemed for the cap poster with just him on it. Kinda matches the look of the Iron Man 3 poster they had earlier.

Question about this promo: http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/b3g1free

So If I redeem ANY 3 DMR Codes, and Pay for shipping I get a free BluRay

Will this use up the points for those 3 DMR Codes?

And also does this promotion change every month? Like will there be different free movies next month??

Thanks!
Just redeem 3 codes and the offer will show up. Then just select what movie you want and pay the shipping. Those points get credited to your account. When they mention the bonus points it's the points for the movie your selecting that come inside it. Also note that Cars and Dumbo are in DVD packaging while Secretariat and Tron Legacy are Blu-ray packaging.

Disney changes promotions from time to time so who knows what the next will be.

Over the years we have done the blu offer and we haven't received a slip cover on any of them. I'm not sure some of the titles had them to begin with, but I know Chicken Little, Dinosaur, and Enchanted didnt arrive with slip covers.

Over the years we have done the blu offer and we haven't received a slip cover on any of them. I'm not sure some of the titles had them to begin with, but I know Chicken Little, Dinosaur, and Enchanted didnt arrive with slip covers.
None of those have slipcovers, with the exception of Chicken Little's 3D edition.

My Frozen blu-ray got here.
Mine's supposed to get here tomorrow :(

Is there anyway to know what disney rewards codes will grant you an itunes copy with DMA? Has it been retroactively applied to all dvd/bluray movie rewards codes or are only certain movies available? I've been looking for a list but haven't found anything.

Also, if instead of keeping codes in their cases you, for whatever reason, put them in a pile is there anyway to tell what code goes to what movie without redeeming it first?

mine too... shame on you disney store lol
Studios usually are strict on street dates, with studios often threatening to refuse to supply future titles, or even prosecute, vendors who release early, yet my local Family Video store has had it available to rent for at least a week now, and people all over are reporting their pre-orders showing up early, some even have the overseas 3-D editions.

Mine's supposed to get here tomorrow :(

Is there anyway to know what disney rewards codes will grant you an itunes copy with DMA? Has it been retroactively applied to all dvd/bluray movie rewards codes or are only certain movies available? I've been looking for a list but haven't found anything.

Also, if instead of keeping codes in their cases you, for whatever reason, put them in a pile is there anyway to tell what code goes to what movie without redeeming it first?
it's the DMR codes from version that came with a digital copy. So for something like Toy Story you'd have to get the individual 3d release codes since those are the ones that came with digital copies, the good thing with this is DVD editions will upgrade to HD

A year or two ago Disney began printing the movie's title on the DMR slip, but any movies released before then you're SOL.

Got my DMC orders today. Surprised Mr. Banks doesn't include a DVD. Maybe they are finally shying away from combo packs? Maybe? Hopefully?

Disney Movie Rewards has not (yet?) announced double DMR points week for Frozen yet.
Usually an email is sent a day or two before release but I haven't seen anything. I posted on their Facebook and Twitter asking about double points. If I find anything out I'll post here but its looking doubtful.

I placed my order for my free blu ray yesterday. Already have Cars and Dumbo, not interested in Secretariat so it was Tron Legacy by default. Haven't seen it since the theaters, which was cool in 3D, but just couldn't pass up a $4 blu ray. Can always use the DMR points and trade it in at my local indie store

Usually an email is sent a day or two before release but I haven't seen anything. I posted on their Facebook and Twitter asking about double points. If I find anything out I'll post here but its looking doubtful.
I was skeptical about double points, but figured that people who had previously redeemed movie tickets for Frozen might the bonus 50 points they had done in the past. I guess I was wrong :(

I guess they only do double points on movies they think need extra help selling. Jungle Book is not among their flagship titles, Thor the Dark World starred one of the less popular Avengers (though judging by the sell-outs, that one probably didn't need any help), Winnie the Pooh and the Roo (or whatever) is direct to video. 

At least the lack of double will take the sting out of the point loss for importing the UK version.

On the note of the free Muppet ticket: 

If you buy one of the eligible movies from Amazon you get two tickets; one from Amazon and one from DMR. Makes an epic deal.

I finally got the notification that my DMC enrollment has shipped. I placed the order on March 5. Hoping to get my stuff within a week.

My DMC enrollment arrived on the 17th and 5 out of 7 had slipcovers. A Bug's Life and Ratatouille did not, however, so it's time to find out whether or not they even have one. If they do, I'd like to get a few I need before ordering just 1.

bread's done
Back