Offical Gundam Model / Gunpla Thread

Finished it
3261013782_ef4e1c8839.jpg

Seams on the gundam, like with your heavyarms. Looks like they have done a lot better job at hiding them with the Exia but those older models are pretty rough about it

^^^

that's pretty badass. I think I want the 00 gundam kit now. What kind batteries does it use? LEDs I am assuming are in there.

I've been working on and off my skull gundam. I sort of stopped since I broke a piece :cry: . I'll see how it goes, super glue can fix it hopefully

CR1220's
uber hax0r batteries from radio shack that costed like 5.50 a piece i was too lazy and impatient to order from online >_>

100_1050.jpg

From Top Left to bottom Right
SD Gundam 00
Cat Ears for my Wife ^_^
Avalance Exia 1/100
Gundam Astrea Type F 1/100
2x Haruhi Figures
In the Bags:
Feather and Peacock Earings for my wife ^_^
SpiderMan & Gundam Freedom Gashapon Kits

nice hopefully this weekend I can get me that its the regular MG right? Whats you MSN steel?

edit: it has the WOL so its probally EBM boo

Nice work on the Destiny, coolsteel.

G.F.F.N. Z-II Gundam
3305418735_edc605f138_m.jpg

ooh, I really wish they made a HGUC of this.

3303014103_00e4136c16_m.jpg
3303843492_912794d289_m.jpg

Two new candy toys! If JAS Mart doesn't stock it, I hope Kinokuniya will...

Back from the dead!

Just bought the 00 Raiser at Otakon, going to get off my butt and try to put some stuff together. Spent 40 bucks on spray paint and never got around to even putting a leg together.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']cool I was there too I didnt know that was yours it was fighting a strike freedom :) those are flat paints right?[/QUOTE]

LOL if i had known u were there we could have met up. Yeah I had it in fighting SF pose. The colors are not matt but I used a flat clear coat to finish it.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']cool I was there too I didnt know that was yours it was fighting a strike freedom :) those are flat paints right?[/QUOTE]

Enjoy your fist otakon?

yea was nice its my second con i have been to katsucon was my first, I got strike freedom and HG exia r2 and 0 gundam and a couple other non gundam stuff

[quote name='anubis20']LOL if i had known u were there we could have met up. Yeah I had it in fighting SF pose. The colors are not matt but I used a flat clear coat to finish it.[/QUOTE]

nice

[quote name='Mrcapcom']yea was nice its my second con i have been to katsucon was my first, I got strike freedom and HG exia r2 and 0 gundam and a couple other non gundam stuff[/QUOTE]

I got HG Exia R2 and 0 Gundam as well, I got the 1/100 00 Raiser designer version and 1/100 Seravee. For winning the contest they gave me a HGUC Zudah, and a 1/100 Force Impulse metallic coating version.

I just decided to pick up doing Gundam models (I did an Epyon one back in the day when gamestop sold them). This thread has been helpful, especially linking Gundam Store and More. I called them and the guy who answered was really helpful.

So I am going to start out easy. The only thing I have done remotely similar is Warhammer 40k.

I ordered a GM Sniper Model 1/144 from 08th MS Team (short but sweet series). I also ordered a Shenlong 1/144, but had to get that one off ebay since it seems most if not all Wing gundams are sold out.

The 1/144 are ridiculously easy to do, you could knock it out in an hour if you don't feel like painting. Longer for panel lining and painting obviously. While looking for a Tallgeese ebay was pretty much my only choice, the wing models go for much of nothing these days. Have you seen the original 0079 series yet?

[quote name='anubis20']I got HG Exia R2 and 0 Gundam as well, I got the 1/100 00 Raiser designer version and 1/100 Seravee. For winning the contest they gave me a HGUC Zudah, and a 1/100 Force Impulse metallic coating version.[/QUOTE]
I am thinking of entering the contest next year could use some pointers ^_^

[quote name='Mrcapcom']I am thinking of entering the contest next year could use some pointers ^_^[/QUOTE]

You don't give the competition pointers........

Its not like its unknown to the world how to do things its orginality they look for plus it doesnt hurt to ask the worst he can say is no lol

That selfish bastard will say no, rightfully so . He is aiming for number 1 in 2010. As I told him 2nd place is just the first loser.

Nope best of models or some crap went to another gundam builder. It was sad to see but then Anubis has been half assing it for a long time now , it was a good wake up call . ;)

There is really no noob category, it was divided by categories:

Best of Show
Best 1/100 Gundam - I WON!!
Best 1/144 Gundam
Mecha General (non Gundam)
Best Figure
Diorama

You want a pointer, don't spray the part while on the runner, you can see the nubs and that destroys the look. The judges at the contest were being completely thorough with their judging. Took them like 3 hours to judge, they were taking it very seiously. I had 3 models on there, they told me the Strike Freedom was garbage (he said he could still faintly see the seams, WTF!! I couldn't see them), The Akatsuki wasn't really painted, and the Destiny was beautiful.

[quote name='anubis20']

Best of Show
Best 1/100 Gundam - I WON!!
Best 1/144 Gundam
Mecha General (non Gundam)
Best Figure
Diorama[/QUOTE]

*cough* Loser! *cough*

[quote name='coolsteel']*cough* Loser! *cough*[/QUOTE]

How dare ye!!! I challenge thou to a gundam model duel sir, let the models decide who's the loser.

They're still in my closet waiting to be assembled. 1/100 MG NT-1 (Gundam 0080) and a 1/100 MG GP02 (Gundam 0083).

I'm just not that motivated to do it because I can't quite give them the detail I'd like them to have. I started the NT-1 but lost interest, hope I didn't lose any pieces.

They need a lot of time and patience. I might need to go to prison to have that kind of time.

lol, they do take a lot of time . Last MG I did took 8-10 hour total. I'm currently sitting on

MG Shin Musha Gundam Sengoku no Jin
MG Astray Blue Frame
MG RX-93-V2 Hi Nu Gundam
Mega Size RX 78 2
and Real Grade RX 78 2.

Going to Japan last year and this whole 30th anniversary with the 1:1 scale RX-78-2 got me all worked up with Gundam and now I'm looking for more and more. I've ordered some tools and don't wanna start building any other kits until the tools arrive.

I personally don't worry about TOO much detail, i do clean cuts and smooth them out but I don't paint or anything like that. I just enjoy the building while it lasts and will one day display them proudly.

I gave up on it, I like to detal mine up very well as you can see from one that I posted a few posts up. But I just dont have that kinda time anymore. I get to the planning stages on what I want to do like pearl paints and what not but then I just give up seeing how much work it is. If anybody needs any gundam kits let me know because im trying to get rid of them. this is what my laundry room looked like one time that it flooded.

DSC06159.jpg

DSC06158-1.jpg

DSC06157.jpg

Luckily very few kits got water on the boxes. Since then Ive sold quite a few but I still have plenty left. Anyone need any LMK.

How much are you asking? I lost the pieces I had assembled but didn't finish from my NT-1 (I think it was just an arm). I might look into buying another one or just buying a different kit.

[quote name='anubis20']I gave up on it, I like to detal mine up very well as you can see from one that I posted a few posts up. But I just dont have that kinda time anymore. I get to the planning stages on what I want to do like pearl paints and what not but then I just give up seeing how much work it is. If anybody needs any gundam kits let me know because im trying to get rid of them. this is what my laundry room looked like one time that it flooded.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/the-red-comet/DSC06159.jpg

[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/the-red-comet/DSC06158-1.jpg[

[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s40/the-red-comet/DSC06157.jpg

Luckily very few kits got water on the boxes. Since then Ive sold quite a few but I still have plenty left. Anyone need any LMK.[/QUOTE]

I forgot how big the pile used to be just that fast, you really were well on your way to building a fort with your tin foil Char helmet on

I tend to focus on High Grade 1/144 kits.

Not a huge collection, but I'm happy with it. It's a fantastic side hobby. ^_^
Gunpla.jpg

Gundam 00:
Exia
Dynames
Kyrios
Virtue
Sergei's Custom Space Tieren

Gundam SEED:
Duel Gundam
Verde Buster Gundam

Universal Century:
Gundam
Guntank
Guncannon
GM
Gouf
Char's Z'Gok
Zaku II (Not pictured)

[quote name='Kaito-kun']I tend to focus on High Grade 1/144 kits.

Not a huge collection, but I'm happy with it. It's a fantastic side hobby. ^_^

Gundam 00:
Exia
Dynames
Kyrios
Virtue
Sergei's Custom Space Tieren

Gundam SEED:
Duel Gundam
Verde Buster Gundam

Universal Century:
Gundam
Guntank
Guncannon
GM
Gouf
Char's Z'Gok
Zaku II (Not pictured)[/QUOTE]

Nice collection. are you still buying more? increasing your collection or have you stopped? Ever consider a PG?

[quote name='NegativeZero']Nice collection. are you still buying more? increasing your collection or have you stopped? Ever consider a PG?[/QUOTE]
Still buying ever now and then; I'm tempted to get my first Master Grade 1/100 scale kit for Christmas. (A kit of the original Gundam has caught my eye on Hobby Link Japan) If that goes well then I may move up to perfect and/or real grade.

I'll have to put up my collection when I get home.

I had the entire 1/100 line of Gundam Wing but they were all smashed up in a recent move.

Right now I have 1/100 from UC

EZ-8
2 Gundam (08th MS Team)
Gundam (MSG)
Char's Zaku II (MSG)
GM (MSG)
Kampfer (Gundam 0080)

I really want to get the suits from 0083, Zeta Gundam, and Char's Counterattack stuff. Unfortunatly ebay charges arm and a leg and I'm not sure where else to get stuff.

bread's done
Back