OFFICIAL 2005 Yardsale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a yardsale but a goodwill find. They were having half off today so I got an N64 system only for $4 and a sega genesis for $3 with 2 controllers. I already have these systems but Ill probably mod them for japanese games.

1 Doom 64 (N64, cart only)
1 WCW/nWo Revenge (N64, cart only)
Paid: $1

1 Shonen Jump Dec '04
1 Shonen Jump Mar '05
1 How-to-draw Manga book
Paid: $1

1 electronic Eevee toy
Paid: 50 cents

2 Combat (2600, cart only)
2 Astroblast (2600, cart only)
1 Real Sports Tennis (2600, cart only)
1 Warlords (2600, cart only)
1 Missle Command (2600, cart only)
1 Maze Craze (2600, cart only)
1 Star Raiders (2600, cart only)
1 Star Voyager (2600, cart only)
1 Cosmic Ark (2600, cart only)
1 TG-27 Target Fun (2600, cart only)
1 TG-64 Asteroids (2600, cart only)
1 TG-112 Space Invaders (2600, cart only)
Paid: $2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24 sales today.

The first sale on our list today advertised "Sega game w/ 25 games" and officially started at 8AM, and we got there at 7:50AM. I got out and didn't see any Sega stuff, so I asked and was informed that she just sold them to the other guy that was still at the sale. I asked him what he bought, and he showed me. It was just a Genesis with a bunch of common games, and he paid $25. Too rich for my blood. She also had an N64 for $20 and a PS1 for $20. No big loss.

There was a sale today that was advertised to start at 8:30AM, and we arrived at 8:20AM. There was yellow Caution tape strung across the driveway to keep people from coming in, which I didn't really think much of at first. I kind of didn't notice the crowd of people around either, and I began walking down the driveway. I heard "8:30! 8:30!", and saw that one of the guys setting up for the sale was telling me to go back behind the Caution tape. So there we waited, me and a crowd of 10 people, until 8:30 exactly. It only took 20 seconds to look around and see that they didn't have anything we wanted. This smacked of unprofessionalism to me, making their patrons wait until the exact minute of the advertised start time. Idiots.

Saw one of the dirtiest, dingiest, crustiest NESes I've ever seen in my life today. The lady wanted $5, to which I offered $1. She scoffed and said $3. No way, it would've taken me an hour just to clean the thing. Best part was, it wasn't even hers! One of her son's friends left it over her house or something. Lame.

There was a lot of "Come back next season" being said today. I was asking pretty much everybody if they had game stuff, and most people said they did but didn't know where it was, but they would have it for next year. We heard this 3 or 4 times today.

Gave my number to a lady at the end of the day, she said she had a bunch of old NES games. She asked how much I would pay, and I told her 50 cents a game. She sounded a little disappointed, but still took my number. We'll see if she actually calls.

Went to a sale right after hosted by 2 old people, and all they had on display was a bunch of Xmas stuff. I asked if they had any old game stuff and they said they did, and the old man went into his basement to look. After about 5 minutes he emerged empty handed, sadly informing me that "We used to have a big bag with 50 or so games in it, with the machines and everything. We've been moving around though, and I think I ended up throwing it away. I couldn't find it, I'm pretty sure I threw it away. Sorry." It's things like this that make me want to go down to the local dump and root around for awhile...

One of the last sales we found was on the way home, a few streets away. We followed the signs and got to it, parking across the street. One of the guys at the sale yells out "Hey! Hey! You can't park there! You gotta turn around and park down there!" So we said okay and just left without getting out. Who in their right mind would drive away their own customers with strict parking enforcement? We wouldn't have been there for more than a minute anyways, and we were on a main road and not blocking anything. Even if they had anything of interest, we've learned in the past that douchebags don't often give good deals.

Moiety and I decided that today would probably be our last official YS day. The quantity and overall quality of the sales has been diminishing over the past 4 or 5 weeks, and we're fairly content with the way the season turned out. So unless we get a day with super-nice weather, or a ton of advertised sales, or a sale that advertises something particularly juicy, I think we're mostly done for the year.

Well...maybe we'll still check out the really close ones...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Big Thank You:

I really want to extend a big heart-felt "Thank You" to everybody who participated in this thread throughout the year. We've been looking forward to Saturdays for the past 7 months, not only to go out yardsaling ourselves, but to report back with all of you, and to read about all of the adventures that you've had as well.

We look forward to a whole new thread of finds and stories next season. Until then, we'll enjoy reading about finds and stories for those who continue 'salin through the winter. From small beginnings, a strong community has arisen. We always hope to see new faces join the fun, and we hope the old faces will stick around and lend their experience. Every post, every story, and every tip. This thread is full of memories, and it's been really great to have shared them with one another.

Thanks again! We'll still be around, and hopefully you will too.

Until next season: Keep on salin'!

Checked 5 yardsales & 1 auction as it was nice out today as afew other CAGs mentioned afew days ago for how the weather was gonna be around the North Eastern part of the US today.

NES Advantage - .50

Had a price of $2 offered .50 the guy was really nice & accepted gladly. I actually remember this guy from a yardsale about 2 months ago at a different house near this sale. I bought a Gizzmo bobble head from Gremlins 2 from him before & afew GB cases.

All Sealed

Super Baseball 2020 (Genesis)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (SNES)
Street Fighter II (SNES)

$4 for all 3

This sale was unadvertised I saw signs for it when leaving the yardsale where I got the NES Advantage. Saw these 3 games all marked $2 and didn't relize they were sealed at first. I asked the guy how much he'd sell all 3 for and he made a funny comment about me asking for lower from $2. He said $5 to which I said how about $4 and he said I talked him right down. Reading this may sound like he was kind of being an ass but he was actually really cool about it and was saying this stuff in a joking kind of way. One of my best finds this season IMO on the Street Fighter II being someone who put alot more then $2 into SFII at the arcade back in the day ;)

Super Mario Land
Kirby's Dream Land
Golf
Donkey Kong Land
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Dr. Mario

$15 for all 6

Didn't see any games at this sale but asked and the lady running it who showed me a bag I overlooked that had a GameBoy, GameBoy Color and 14 games along with some misc accessories for the GameBoy marked $50 for all. I offered $20 to which she said it belongs to her daughter and she couldn't go that low. Also asked about just buying afew games and she said she didn't want to do that either and said that her daughter would be back later and I could ask her if I came back. I went back later which was easy since this was only afew blocks from my house. The girl didn't want to go any lower then $50 and didn't really want to sell any games seperately. I convinced here to sell me these 6 games for $15 & she was very reluctant to even do that. I think that she relized that with the yardsale ending in an hour and a half that these games weren't going to be selling at the price she was asking and gave in on my offer. These games weren't as cheap as I would hope to find at a yardsale but still great prices so I was pretty happy with the find as I have been after afew of these games cheap :)

Hopefully some other CAGs had some luck today finding something good.

[quote name='Shoagie']snot im suprised you didnt know about this or at least act like you didnt know. Ive already got plans to do it next year with a couple family members. I can just see us all walk in a line down the highway wearing CAG shirts.[/QUOTE]

I've heard of it. Never thought to mention it though. Actually I think I heard about it from a fellow CAG. It might have even been in the earlier days of this thread. I have;nt read through this whole thing in quite a while. I probably should though cause I'm thinkin there's some stuff I've scored packed away and forgot about. i got some decent games today I'll post again after I chow down on some chow fun.

[quote name='munch']
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nintendo 64 system w/controller Pak and Zelda OOT & Madden 99
Ayn Rand's Anthem
Paid: $3.50

[/QUOTE]

I would like to know how you get people to sell you systems like that for so cheap? The n64 isn't that old.

I'm pretty much stopping for the season. There isn't much at the moment and I don't have much money. I have enjoyed looking through this thread and seeing what you guys have gotten. Thanks to this thread I've gotten most of the old systems: Atari 2600, Sega Master System, NES, SNES, Saturn (that reeks of dog), and a X'Eye. Next season I need to find the games for those systems.

I might still go to a few sales, but maybe in the off season I'll try some auctions. I've never really tried going to those.

[quote name='evilmax17']There was a sale today that was advertised to start at 8:30AM, and we arrived at 8:20AM. There was yellow Caution tape strung across the driveway to keep people from coming in, which I didn't really think much of at first. I kind of didn't notice the crowd of people around either, and I began walking down the driveway. I heard "8:30! 8:30!", and saw that one of the guys setting up for the sale was telling me to go back behind the Caution tape. So there we waited, me and a crowd of 10 people, until 8:30 exactly. It only took 20 seconds to look around and see that they didn't have anything we wanted. This smacked of unprofessionalism to me, making their patrons wait until the exact minute of the advertised start time. Idiots.[/QUOTE]

That is crazy. I've always though about this for yardsales that are advertised with "no early sales" and have always though surely that it would pertain to people showing up a half hour or hour early or even some of the crazies that may show up before dawn at a sale that starts at 7 AM. I would always think that 5-10 minutes early would be ok at least for most of these sales :D

[quote name='snotknocker']I've heard of it. Never thought to mention it though. Actually I think I heard about it from a fellow CAG. It might have even been in the earlier days of this thread.[/QUOTE]

I also remember someone mentioning this sale way back in this thread.

Think this may be the last horrah in the Long Island yard salin season.

Found a Hero Quest boardgame, from what I can tell complete, for $1.00.

Pair of Marantz speakers, excellent condition, $20.

The only sniff of remotely anything video game related was a NES powerpad that looked like it was used as a dogs bed. Disgusting.

This thread has been a blast to read all season. Thanks guys.

100_0208.jpg.w300h200.jpg

Nice little score today. For some reason I strayed from my regular routes today and I'm glad I did. I went to about 20 sales with no luck. i was giving up hope and about to call it an early day. I stopped at a sale looked around and saw nothing. I asked the lady the infamous question "got any games?" She replies all i have is some old Nintendo games in the basement let me go get em. she comes out with 2 carrying cases filled with games
(22) and original sleeves. I ask how much and she starts counting the games. I instinctively implemented the patented CIF method and she accepted $5. I asked if she had anymore and she said her son has a ton of games but he was sleeping and could I come back in an hour. An hour later I come back and meet with Jr. He has a NES system with controllers and NES sattelite and an additional 5 or 6 games. He wanted $10 for everything which was a really decent price considering those games had final fantasy, battletoads, ninja gaiden 2 and mega man 2 in the mix. BUT! you guys know me by now. i just had to make the counter offer of $7 which he somewhat reluctantly accepted.

This is what I got:
NES deck controllers, gun, controller extension cords and sattelite
Rampage
Adventures of Link
Monopoly
double dragon 2
pinbot
TMNT manhatten project
wheel of fortune
battletoads
legend of zelda
SMB/duck hunt/track meet
super glove ball
friday the 13th
faxanadu
rambo
excitebike
jack nickalus golf
smb 2
ninja gaiden 2
contra
super contra
hogans alley
top gun
xenophope
tetris 2
megaman 2
festers quest
Final fantasy

total $12

I also scored at another sale

SNES donkey Kong country w/ Super Mario all star instruction book
SNES Jurrasic Park -complete with SNES mouse
Total $1

This stuff was with a bunch of other crappy stuff kitchen utensils, books etc. I simply picked the stuff up walked over to the lady and offered CIF $1 which she took without saying a word.

I'm pretty satisfied with this years results and this was a good way to go out. I look forward to keeping this thread going thru all you fair weather region CAG's. It's been a lot of fun and I think we've all learned a thing or two. it should be interesting to see how we'll all prosper in the future. keep up the good work guys and do us northeners proud

[quote name='erehwon']I would like to know how you get people to sell you systems like that for so cheap? The n64 isn't that old.

I'm pretty much stopping for the season. There isn't much at the moment and I don't have much money. I have enjoyed looking through this thread and seeing what you guys have gotten. Thanks to this thread I've gotten most of the old systems: Atari 2600, Sega Master System, NES, SNES, Saturn (that reeks of dog), and a X'Eye. Next season I need to find the games for those systems.

I might still go to a few sales, but maybe in the off season I'll try some auctions. I've never really tried going to those.[/QUOTE]

This was on a table with $3.00 stuff. I didn't even haggle the lady. I might have gotten her to go lower, but didn't feel like making a fuss.

i finally got my turbo grafx 16 for 5 today, there was no power cord
also got a complete streets of rage 2 for 1
all these were a dollar cartridge only
n64
turok 2
legend of zelda, orcina mask
castlevania
genesis
supe monaco gp
nes
donkey kong classics
wheel of furtune
back to future 2 and 3
godzilla
bugs bunny birthday

was beutiful and sunny today about 78, i figure we have about 1 month left, then i will have to shut down for the winter and acctually play some of these games. also have a lead for a master systym, going to flea market to look tommorow

100_0209.jpg.w300h200.jpg

NES system complete
NES game genie with book
SNES - superscope

NES - all cart only most with original sleeves
ninja kid
super sprint
double dragon 3
rolling thunder
mike tysons punchout
pinball
basewars
commando
legend of kage
rbi baseball
gold medal challenge 92
golf
operation wolf
arch rivals
blades of steel
SMB
mach rider
SMB/duck hunt
kung fu
t&C surf design
tiger heli
TOTAL - $5

Nice little pick-up at a local flea market today. I spotted this stuff and asked the lady "how much for everything" She replies "how much do you want to pay" Now mind you this question is quite a bit different from "how much are you willing to pay" I respond "I'll give you $5 for everything" She comes back with "how about $10?, you're gonna get that game with the wayne hockey guy and i know that's worth a lot of money" I could barely contain myself from busting out in an uncontrollable belly laugh. I contained myself long enough to ask the following - "Does it work? Do all the games work?" then follow with "that things like 20 years old" as i simultaneously whip out an Abe and stick it in her face. She did'nt get a chance to respond to my earlier questions, saw the cash and said "ok"

Evilmax - A tip you may want to add. When using the Cash in Face technique, group your bills together in your pocket or pockets. I usually put 5 or 6 fives folded in half and 20 singles folded in half in one pocket. This allows me to easily prepare with one hand my cash in face offer. Although the CIF technique is not always a success the element of suprise I beleive is the catalyst behind many successful transactions.

[quote name='snotknocker']
100_0209.jpg.w300h200.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm not the only one to pick up one of those superscopes this year. They're kind of neat, but it's rather hard to find a place to put it.

I didn't get anything at any yard sales this weekend, but I did check out a sale at a local book store. Hyde Brothers had just gotten some more space in the next building and were having a sale. It was $.50 on paper backs and $1 for hardbacks. If you want to imagine this store, picture borders shoved into a small house. The basement is a maze of books. If I had more money, I would shop there more often. They have a very good selection of sci fi and fantasy books down in the basement. Also, most of their hardbacks have dust covers too.

This store is probably the best bookstore in northern Indiana. I just wish I had a local videogame store just as good.

I got:
Larry Niven's Destiny's Road
Ascending by James Alan Gardner
Titan by Stephen Baxter
Total $3

I wish I had waited a little while longer. At 3 today, they were going to do a $2 bag sale.

1 Legend of Zelda: LTTP (SNES, Complete w/ map)
1 Arkanoid (SNES, "Complete" but missing plastic cart cover)
1 Space Invaders (SNES, "Complete" but missing plastic cart cover)
Paid: $7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to visit my brother today, and there was a YS going on across the street. There was nothing visible, but the lady there said that she could go to her friends house to get some stuff. I came back an hour later to find a SNES with 4 boxed games (the one I left behind was a somewhat ragged Lemmings) and SMW. Asked how much she wanted for everything, she said "Well I know Zelda alone goes for $10...how about $50?"

I gave her the whole song and dance about how at Gamestop they'll give you 50 cents and laugh at you, and that prices on ebay are overinflated and you have to deal with shipping it and stuff. I finally ended up getting her to $7 for the 3, and she begrudgingly agreed. She had all of the manuals and stuff in a seperate pile along with all of the Nintendo Power inserts and stuff. She went through them and only took out the manuals and stuff, no inserts. I spoke up a little, but decided it wasn't worth a battle.

$7's a little much in terms of YS money, but I didn't want to pass up the chance to add another complete Zelda to the collection. In a different environment (at a flea market for example), I'd have no problem paying $5 for the Zelda and a buck a piece for the other 2. No biggie.

Snot - added the tip and made CIF more visible.

wow looks like a good week for everyone. i couldn't go this week cuz of 2 huge exams this monday:(. cant wait to go next weekend and report.

Now im all for getting a great deal at a yard sale and i had my fair share of exceptional deals but some people are just so damn cheap about it...if i see the nes lots and the guy wants 10 for all of those games + system i would gladly pay that, hell i would have paid $20 for it ...and offering $7 for a bunch of nes games + system when the guy was only asking $10...c'mon is that really necessary

just had to vent a little...maybe im too generous or understanding of the yard sale holders and flea markets since ive done my share of it and had to deal with people with that damn CIF method that annoys the hell out of me...anytime somebody tried that i would just say no thanks...

But to end my little rant, to each is own, if you can find the right people to accept that method then more power to you ;)

[quote name='Jedi1979']Now im all for getting a great deal at a yard sale and i had my fair share of exceptional deals but some people are just so damn cheap about it...if i see the nes lots and the guy wants 10 for all of those games + system i would gladly pay that, hell i would have paid $20 for it ...and offering $7 for a bunch of nes games + system when the guy was only asking $10...c'mon is that really necessary
[/QUOTE]

As long as you're polite it doesn't hurt to ask. If you get it for $7, then yay! If they say no, you can still get it for $10.

[quote name='Msut77']Jedi if you jump for the price offered the seller may get wise.[/QUOTE]

get wise to what...if they put it for $10...and you see it for $10 then just say i'll buy this and give him money...as long as you dont jump for joy and run up and grab it off the table and get all out of breath when you go pay the guy, it shouldnt matter

also its one thing to be polite about it but if i offer $7 and you say no and then i go on about how this place will only give you whatever amount for it or that its old and may not even work anymore then its another

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a little while, but I found what I think is a decent score:

SNES (carts only):

Killer Instinct
PGA Tour Golf
John Madden Football
NCAA Basketball
WWF Super Wrestlemania
Street Fighter II
Super Play Action Football
Super Black Bass
Super R-Type
Super Turrican
Drakkhen
Legend of Zelda: LTTP
Contra III
Mystical Ninja
Beavis & Butt-Head
King of the Monsters

and last, but certainly not least:

SECRET OF MANA!!!!

sorry, I'm extremely happy about that. On top of that, I got:

N64 system (1 controller, ac cord, av cord)
WCW vs. NWO World Tour
Pilotwings 64
2 SNES AC adapters
NES RF Switch

all for $15 ^_^

At other garage sales I got Resident Evil 2 for Gamecube for $5, a Super Mario Advance 4 strat. guide for $.50, and dolls of Donkey Kong, Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro the Dragon for $.50 each.

Oh yeah, 2 weeks ago I got:

NES system ( 2 controllers, all cords, light gun)
SMB/Duck Hunt
Bandai Golf Challenge Pebble Beach
Dr. Mario
SMB 2
SMB 3
Sonic the Hedgehog shampoo bottle witha lil' ring toss type of game on the side of it (shampoo still inside of it *thumbs up*)

Total: $5.50

At another garage sale that day I got an Atari 850 Phone Modulator for $2 and Metallica's box set (Live Shit: Binge & Purge) for $5. :)

[quote name='Jedi1979']Now im all for getting a great deal at a yard sale and i had my fair share of exceptional deals but some people are just so damn cheap about it...if i see the nes lots and the guy wants 10 for all of those games + system i would gladly pay that, hell i would have paid $20 for it ...and offering $7 for a bunch of nes games + system when the guy was only asking $10...c'mon is that really necessary

just had to vent a little...maybe im too generous or understanding of the yard sale holders and flea markets since ive done my share of it and had to deal with people with that damn CIF method that annoys the hell out of me...anytime somebody tried that i would just say no thanks...

But to end my little rant, to each is own, if you can find the right people to accept that method then more power to you ;)[/QUOTE]

I can totally see your point of view. However I feel that I work hard for my money, I've got bills, debts and living expenses like everyone else. Is it really soooo wrong to want to get more for my hard earned money? Is it sooooo wrong to help other CAG's whom may have very limited cash flow get more for their money?
I am usually very polite when makeing a deal, i ask questions that are pertinent to buying old systems. Do they work?. do the games work?. I've purchased systems that did'nt work when the seller told me they did, but i did'nt go running back knocking on their door screaming for a refund. I've bought tons of stuff that I paid asking prices on. Now I try and make a deal and save some of my hard earned dollars and you're coming off like i'm some kind of dispicable human being. Shit you do'nt even know me. This is cheapassgamer.com not payfullpricegamer.com. Obviously you got issues with my methods and that's fine, that's your opinion, but this threads been around for a long time and I think you are the first poster to ever get on someone for trying to save a buck. I'll aplogize in advance for my abrasiveness but you ever so slightly piss me off. This is my opinion and I respect you for yours so respect me for my mine and let's kill it right here

shit you do'nt even know me.......why do people always tend to write that ...you dont know me either, so what was the purpose of saying that....i tend to sense aggression in that particular statement and i probably would have let it die right there if not for that

i do have issues with your methods...however its from personal experience with people who get furious when i dont accept $5 cash in hand for something im asking $10 for then they finally wander back and pay full price unless they annoyed me so much to the point that i refuse to sell it to them

these recent items are DIRT CHEAP yet you wanna save a few bucks by making it even cheaper...if you wanna really save then dont buy it...I know when i buy a lot for that cheap i could care less if the system worked...its the games that make it worthwhile and games especially nes games tend to last forever

Payfullpricegamer.com...nice one like that is considered paying full price $10 for 22 games and a deck

basically if the guy was asking $5 you would have offered $1...am i correct

so now i rant a little bit more;)

You both have valid points on both sides of the spectrum. Instead of getting overheated, I think we should just agree to disagree. I don't want the boards to end with animosity. This is supposed to bring happiness and excitement, not a bitter rivalry. So while I sympathize for both parties, I think it would be best if the issue was dropped from here on out and we can all enjoy the end of the season in harmony.

Except for the south- You guys are just getting started ^_^

The interesting thing about living in Colorado is you never know when the season will end. ( sure sales get slower in the winter, but they don't stop.) Any state that can have a 90 degree weekend in the middle of December and a blizard on the 4th of july can always have a few sales around.

[quote name='Jedi1979']shit you do'nt even know me.......why do people always tend to write that ...you dont know me either, so what was the purpose of saying that....i tend to sense aggression in that particular statement and i probably would have let it die right there if not for that

i do have issues with your methods...however its from personal experience with people who get furious when i dont accept $5 cash in hand for something im asking $10 for then they finally wander back and pay full price unless they annoyed me so much to the point that i refuse to sell it to them

these recent items are DIRT CHEAP yet you wanna save a few bucks by making it even cheaper...if you wanna really save then dont buy it...I know when i buy a lot for that cheap i could care less if the system worked...its the games that make it worthwhile and games especially nes games tend to last forever

Payfullpricegamer.com...nice one like that is considered paying full price $10 for 22 games and a deck

basically if the guy was asking $5 you would have offered $1...am i correct

so now i rant a little bit more;)[/QUOTE]

Sometimes things get taken out of context when you interpret words posted on a message board. Since I have no desire to expose anybody to my thoughts on my interpretation of your opinions any further I won't. You sir are the winner by KO in the second round. Just let it go man.

[quote name='evilmax17']1 Arkanoid (SNES, "Complete" but missing plastic cart cover)[/QUOTE]

I have a complete Arkanoid that I bought new way back it actaully didn't come with a plastic cart cover. IIRC Nintendo quit including them with SNES games when they changed the carts so that the plastic was different at the front bottom center.

[quote name='camelking6969']only find at flea market today was gunstar heros complete for 2 dollars, that made me happy enough[/QUOTE]

When you say complete do you mean it also came with a 10+ year old fruit roll-up :D IKIK

i must state my opion on this subject, snot i agree with you, the art of negotiating is something they should teach in school, imo. i have been in sales for years and if you dont haggle a little you wont last. hell i was out of cable for 10 minutes yesterday and ended up getting a free month of showtime, shit i would ask a preist selling a ticket to heaven for a better deal. so if you feel bad about asking for better price so be it, but do not critize another for doing it, and i must say snot, doing it very well. btw snot i like your fullprice jab, it made me chuckle

[quote name='camelking6969']i must state my opion on this subject, snot i agree with you, the art of negotiating is something they should teach in school, imo. i have been in sales for years and if you dont haggle a little you wont last. hell i was out of cable for 10 minutes yesterday and ended up getting a free month of showtime, shit i would ask a preist selling a ticket to heaven for a better deal. so if you feel bad about asking for better price so be it, but do not critize another for doing it, and i must say snot, doing it very well. btw snot i like your fullprice jab, it made me chuckle[/QUOTE]

ok...i will drop it and i am not trying to win anything ...just wanted to state my opinion but to repond to camelking....

I am not saying dont haggle...i haggle when i see fit...if i am purchasing multiple items i will ask for a deal and usually get it...or if an item is more on the expensive side like a product tagged $40 i will probably offer $25 and maybe end up at $30 all depending on how much i want or need the item...

however if i see a great deal at a great price then whats the need to haggle...just be grateful that it was available to you at that great price and buy it... my problem is when something is already dirt cheap and is still being haggled...

also the fullprice jab really dosen't really have a place in this ...nobody should be paying full price at a yard sale for anything...maybe if you replaced full price with asking price then you may have had a chuckle out of me as well ;)

[quote name='camelking6969']:) can i get a better deal then that:)[/QUOTE]

........1 dollar is my final offer...........:grouphug:

OH MY GOD...........THERE IS ACTUALLY A GROUP HUG SMILEY........OMFGGGG

i have seen the holy grail in genesis games, or atleast one of them, pirates gold, i also choked when i saw the price, 44.00, holy crapppppppppppp. on a side note if anybody needs it i found double dragon for genesis for 2 dollars cartridge only, but this game is a 6 on the raritey scale at digitpress. let me know if anybody interested

[quote name='evilmax17']Moiety and I decided that today would probably be our last official YS day.[/QUOTE]
...as if we had any choice in the matter.

untitled2aj.jpg

Hey Evilmax, do you remember the Dreamcast kiosk you got from the garage sale fpr $20? (Of course I know you do) Well I think I may have topped that because I just got an XBOX kiosk. The best part is that it was absolutely FREE! I will post a pic as soon as I can ^_^

[quote name='GodOfTheMind1369']Hey Evilmax, do you remember the Dreamcast kiosk you got from the garage sale fpr $20? (Of course I know you do) Well I think I may have topped that because I just got an XBOX kiosk. The best part is that it was absolutely FREE! I will post a pic as soon as I can ^_^[/QUOTE]

I was out saling one day with the family, and we went to one last sale. I saw a PSone Kiosk for 20$ ( I had a lot of $ but WOW!) So I asked how much and he said he just sold it to his neighbor for $5. I frowned and said, "Thats to bad, I would have paid $30." His jaw dropped but he didn't want to say anything because his neighbor was standing less than 10 feet away giving him a look that said " Don't you fuck me over! I know where you live."

so my question to all the people that bought these kiosks.....

did it come with system or tv or just kiosk itself? (still good deal itself but wanted to know)

[quote name='111111']so my question to all the people that bought these kiosks.....

did it come with system or tv or just kiosk itself? (still good deal itself but wanted to know)[/QUOTE]

The kiosk I attempted to buy came with two controllers and the kiosk, ( and keys) no TV, no system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back