OFFICIAL 2005 Yardsale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kiosk came with the tv and the 2 controllers, but no system. I got the kiosk from my job, and they were supposed to take out the system and sell it. It's ok though, since i already have an xbox. ^_^

got some neat stuff today. went with my girl to around 20-25 houses.

3 random garfield books= 1.50 (great for the bathroom :)

16 port linksys router= 2 bux
he also had the regular one that has the 5 or 6 ports for a dollar but the power cable is missing so i was like f that. i also had him go into the house to make sure the 16 port one worked.

2 (50 feet) cat5 cables=2 bux
got it from same guy. he had a huge stack of them and offered me 5 for all of them but it was insane i didn't need that much lol. i bought 1 backup for my girl and 1 for my xbox.

silver tamagotchi 1997= .50 cents
really good shape, just couldn't pass it up for 50 cents. they had a couple of.....uhh what are they called gigapets or some crap like that but 1 tamagotchi. had to get the OG one of course.

ps2 games= 14 bux.
all are complete w/box book. tekken tag, kessen, enter the matrix, mk deadly alliance, harry potter chamber. she had some cool ps1 games like tekken 2 and 3 but wanted 5 each which i didn't even care to haggle since she didn't budge at 3 a piece for those. they had vice city ps2 just the game and i was dumb enuff not to offer her 2 bux or even 1.50. after i left i was like OH F i should've offered her that since book/box is missing. oh well :(
=============================

we tried a different strategy today and it went pretty decent. this time around we didnt' map anything before words and went randomly. next week we will plan it out again. i just wanted to see wha it was like not planning and goin random heh.

sexy things we saw:
some guy was selling max payne and some random game for xbox for 6 each. i offered 2 for each he said hell no. the games smelled like smoke and dirt!

another guy had a crap load of xbox games i think about 15 or so complete. they're 1st gen. xbox games. the prices were marked at 20 each and i was like nah those are probably blockbuster tags or some crap. so i asked him and he's all "20 each as marked". i just walked away lol. i'm sure that house didn't sell crap today having vid game prices higher than any store lol.

one nes in box
11 games
10 dollars for all

4 nes cartridge only for a dollar, guy has my number and said he had a whole lot more, hell at .25 each i hope he has a lot

and my best find was a broken ps2 for 2dollars, got a friend to fix it for free so i am happy, i know have one at each tv in the house, it was the dreaded disc read error, but i made good friends with a guy at a mom and pop store, and he put it in for free

also picked up for a dollar super mario world for the super famcom, i think, had japanesee on the catridge and was a different size then regular snes cartridge. this will probaly be my last weekend, have to work next weekend and weekend after that is thanksgiving weekend so sales will be very few. but i have had a blast

i traded in all my duplicate games in at the above store and had 150 in store credit, so i picked up a few next gen games

Surpisingly there were about a dozen yardsales I came across today, and one "geraj" sale.
that's right! a geraj sale. There were signs plastered all over town. I'm thinking it's possibly a family of illiterates with a bunch of cheapass goodness but it turns out to be a Indian family selling out the contents of store they once ran. All overpriced goods, it was kinda funny cause there were 3 kids all trying to hawk the goods. The one kid was like hey mister wanna buy some lipstick for your beautiful wife? real cheap only $5. The kid was 6 or 7. Then there was another kid trying to push sewing needles off on me for $2 a pack. It was quite funny. on a better note I picked up a like new VCR, boxed with everything for $2. a nice pair of Ray-Bans with case for a $1 and Mega Man 6 for free. This was all from the same sale. the aforementioned items were all marked with the price I paid. The MM6 was marked .10 it was the only game they had. Apparently they had more but lost track of them and did not know where they were. I gave the lady my number. Anyway even my cheapass could'nt dispute those prices. when I went to pay the lady she was like just give me $3. So I'm considering the MM6 a freebie.

Hey, here are the pics of my XBOX kiosk:

PhotoView.jsp

PhotoView.jsp

[quote name='GodOfTheMind1369']sorry guys, I don't know how to post fuckin pics on the site :([/QUOTE]
Don't worry! Try using http://www.imageshack.us
Upload the image and then copy the "Thumbnail for forums (1)" link they provide. Then just copy + paste into your post!

Looking forward to seeing the kiosk pics! :)

BTW: You were the 1000th post! :D

God dammit the thumbnail doesn't work
good enough......

My girlfriend went to garage sales yesterday since I had work, and she found this:

This costume is so lame but so awesome! My girlfriend found it at a garage sale for $2 :)

1 Pac-Man (2600, cart only)
1 Donkey Kong (2600, cart only)
1 Asteroids (2600, cart only)
1 Breakout (2600, cart only)
1 Bowling (2600, cart only)
Paid: FREE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only hit 3 yardsales this week. We nabbed the Atari games through craigslist (our first craigslist deal).

[quote name='moiety']
We nabbed the Atari games through craigslist (our first craigslist deal).[/QUOTE]

Craigslist is such a hit and miss thing. My local one sucks with the exception that I picked up a second cube with 2 games (rogue squadron and die hard), 2 controllers, and a memory card for 25 bucks. Not too bad, but it was the best deal I have found so far on it.

[quote name='GodOfTheMind1369'] [/QUOTE]
That is one beautiful kiosk. Congrats GOTM! 2 kiosks in one year, not a bad tally for this thread! Makes you wonder when the next one will pop up, and who'll find it?

Good score!

[quote name='erehwon']A quick question. Do you guys know if game stores ever get rid of those kiosks? Like sell them or do they just throw them away?[/QUOTE]

I'd think that it's YMMV but IIRC my one friend that works at TRU said that they threw out at PS2 one recently that was beat up & has been hoping to get the Xbox one since he's thinking that they will probably get a new setup for the Xbox 360.

We don't throw them away. I got one because we were making room for the XBOX 360 kiosk and the store that I got it from was too small to have both kiosks, so I went there and took it.

It looks like I missed the chance to pick up one of those xbox displays. The gamestop near me got rid of it to make room for the 360. I was talking with one of the guys there and he said they just threw it away. I missed my chance by a week because I was sick. :cry: He said it would have been okay to give it to me. Oh well.

To note, I did drive around back and checked to see if by some chance the garbage hadn't been collected. It had. To be honest though, I don't know what I would have done if it had been there. I don't think I could fit that big display in my car.

That sucks. Yeah, we were allowed to give the kiosk away to either an employee or a customer. Basically, I think only employees got one, since they get first dibs. ^_^

My local GS was supposed to give their kiosk away to a customer but an old employee came in and helped them out for over a month ( very part time and free) so they gave it to him. TV, kiosk, and controllers. ( It really doesn't look as nice as GOTM's though. )

[quote name='111111']i owned 3 displays after a couple of years i ended up throwing them away they take way too much space.[/QUOTE]

They really do! I just wish I wouldn't have missed the Guild Wars display. My GS said they would call before they threw it out. I had a PS2 neon sign and I gave it to a friend for X-Mas. It was nice when I first got it but then I realized what a hot neon light would do to a brand new painted wall.

Someday though, I will have my gaming room back ( currently full of moving boxes)

1 Forgotten Worlds (Gen, cart only)
1 Virtua Racing (Gen, cart only)
Paid: $1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only went to 1 sale because it was close by and advertised toys. The kid wanted $20 for a Genesis and about 20 games, which had rental stickers all over them. We weeded through the games and were able to get these for a buck.

Comical story: Upon arriving the father gives us each a free lens cleaning cloth. But while evilmax got to browse the sale, I somehow got stuck with the father giving me a sales pitch about glasses and how to pick out frames. He even picked some out to have me try on (used to have a store or something). Uhh, I don't recall expressing an interest in purchasing glasses! It was so hard to get away. I told him I already had a pair, to which he responded "You can never have enough pairs". Then I said thanks for the tips but I just bought a new pair the other day, and that finally seemed to back him away. The frames were store prices too, i.e. over $100, $150.

First saturday in a long time that I woke up after 8 AM. The season is dead in NJ or so I thought. I was going to pick up some groceries and saw 2 yardsale signs. The first one was a bust but the second yielded

bomberman 64
bomberman hero
super troll islands (snes)

there wasa bunch of games all old school all of which I had except these. was'nt sure if I had Hero or not, and could not recall ever hearing about super troll islands, but the name was kinda cool. the guy wanted $2 per cart, I offered $4 for all CIF which he gladly accepted.

still going strong in the south
had to work but did find these for a quarter a piece
double dragon
mega man 2
megaman 3
tmnt arcade game

last week i traded in 45 nes games all from yardsales to a place around here that sell all kinds of games, i oculd not belive i got over 100 dollars for them, triple what i spent

i also got from game crazy, i know not a yardsale find but i am happy
spider man
skies of arcadia
res evil 2
all for 15 so i was happy

also in my opion capcom classic colection is a great disc if you are into old school games, got my ass handed to me in stree fighter, but am hooked on gun.smoke

100_0210.jpg.w300h200.jpg

On my way to a local flea market this morning I spot a sign for an indoor garage sale. I passed it by initially deciding not to stop. About a 1/4 mile down the road the urge was to much and I hooked a u-turn and went back. There was a local flea market vendor there that was purchasing huge amounts of goods plates, tv's, stereos his van was full and he told the lady he was coming back for the rest of the stuff in a few minutes he really scored some great merchandise and when I saw him I knew he had got the bulk of the bargains.......or so I thought. I went in side and spotted a decent TV cabinet for $3. I opened it up and to my surprise 3 NES systems one in box all used, 1 SNES, 1 NES Advantage, 5 light guns and 4 regular controllers, 2 RF hookups and 2 power supplies. I gathered everything up and the flea market guy comes in and says "that's mine" At the same moment the lady having the sale says you bought the cart not the game systems. He shot the lady a kind of stern look and then turned to me and said "you got em brother" I have purchased items from this guy at the local flea markets and he knew he had made a killing on the stuff he already bought all that and the fact that I could probably smack him down blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back deterred him from making a stink. Anyway, I gather up the goods put it on the table and ask the lady how much. She responds with "$3" I just could not bring myself to counteroffer that. I looked around some more and picked up a TV cart and big roasting pan with lid. The cart was marked $3 and the pan was marked $1. I was so taken back by my game system luck that I did not even try and haggle on the cart or the pan. When I went to pay the lady she was like "just give me $5"

had a good day at flea market
1 saturn with 15 games 20
8 genesis games complete for 4 dollars, had one of my all time favorite games, mutant league hockey, i am so happy

Ronin Warriors TV Volumes 1-10 (Sealed)
Paid: $10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to post my craigslist score this weekend. The guy had posted the listing for the past few months, so I took a chance and offered 10 bucks. He took it! Can't beat a buck per (sealed!) DVD!

nuttin really good this weekend, i had to put a sweat shirt on for the first time, did get a n64 and 7 games for 10 dollars, so i am happy, i can keep games and get 10 trade in at eb to go towards guitar hero

[quote name='moiety']
Ronin Warriors TV Volumes 1-10 (Sealed)
Paid: $10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to post my craigslist score this weekend. The guy had posted the listing for the past few months, so I took a chance and offered 10 bucks. He took it! Can't beat a buck per (sealed!) DVD![/QUOTE]

Dude, are you willing to sell those?!

[quote name='Zon27']Dude, are you willing to sell those?![/QUOTE]
Sorry my friend, but they have made a home in my collection. Cheap anime is somewhat hard to come by, so when I find it, I keep it. :) I'll probably keep them sealed until I actually go to watch them, though.

Stopped at a yardsale on my way to work. Picked up

N64
Yoshi's Story :)
Nascar 99

SNES
Super Bomberman II
Tazmania
Donky Kong Country II

Laserdisk
Apocalypse Now

for $2.25 Total

I left behind Starfox 64 and Mario 64 for some other cheapass to enjoy since I already own these games.

Not a yardsale find but, I picked up at the local flea -

NES
tetris 2
ZeldaII
Wrestling game I think it was Steel Cage somethin or other.
TOTAL .75

Got a couple things at a yardsale 2 weeks ago

SNES
then carts of :

Link to the Past
Donkey Kong country
Donkey Kong Country 2
NBA Jam TE
super Gameboy Cart
MM. Power Rangers
Micro Machines
Nigel Mansell's World Championship
Itchy and Scratchy
Super Mario World
Newman Haas Indycar featuring Nigel Mansell

not bad - would be better if the SNES worked though ;p
The AV port doesnt work, i havent tried an RF adaptor yet.

Nice finds. Fort Wayne kind of sucks. Two crappy thrift stores (excluding the several goodwills and salvation armys), no flea markets, no swap meets and some crappy national pawn shops. The only places that even carry any old game stuff are McVans and GameCrazy. Well, there is also one EB with some old stuff, but they're getting out of that.

I wish I could find an xbox for that price.

The guy I bought the 3 NES games off of last week said he had a box of games at home and that he would bring them this week. I told him I would definately be by to pick them up. He told me "No problem I'll hold them for you" Well I arrived at 8:30 AM and he had brought them and sold them to someone else. 48 games NES and SNES for $14. He did have left over SMB/duckhunt 4 NES controllers, quickshot controller, 2 RF's, a power supply and a gun. He wanted $7 but was willing to take $3 because he had sold the games he had promised to me. I offered $2 which he accepted. He said that he thought he had many more games and would try to find them and bring them next week.

Also picked up (different vendors)
PS2
Midnight Club 2 - $3
Rappala fishing - $3
These games were mint and complete. The lady wanted $5 ea. I offered $3 each CIF which she accepted

PS2
ATV 2 - complete mint cond.
DVD
Open Water (Anybody see this?)
TOTAL $5 - No haggle here

2 Genesis Power supply's
2 Turbo Grafx turbo pads
Genesis Pitfall cart only - really dirty, label torn, but contacts cleaned up really nice
NBA Jam cart only - really dirty, label torn, but contacts cleaned up really nice
2 sets NES AV jacks
1 NES quickshot controller (2 in one day - go figure)
1 six button genesis controller
1 atari 2600 power supply
There was another item but I forget what it was

TOTAL $3 - a no brainer on this one. Guy had a pile of wires and crap and said anything in that pile is .25. There were some other Genesis games but they were green with corrosion so I passed on them.

[quote name='snotknocker']2 Turbo Grafx turbo pads[/QUOTE]

Do you have a TG-16? I actually don't have any controllers for my TG-16 from way back. Maybe if I'm lucky I could interest you in something for one of the controllers if you don't have a need for 1 of them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back