OFFICIAL 2007 Yard Sale thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, at a fleamarket, I picked up an Atari Jaguar in mint condition, two controllers, one still in box, and three games: McFur, Bruce Lee: Dragon, and Pinball Fantasies, all mint and in box for $10. I'm happy. They're all in perfect condition.

I knew it was coming up because they have 2 auctions a year, spring and fall. I searched yahoo for Indiana State Fairgrounds events. That led to the fairground website with a calendar of events. No, they didn't list specific games they had, but there was a contact number to get more information. I actually went because I want a CD jukebox. They only had 4 this time and all went for outrageous prices.

today's stuff:

Uno (Peanuts Special Edition), new, $2

Sega 32X games, cart only, all for $4
-Kolibri
-Afterburner
-BC Racers
-The Amazing Spider-Man: Web of Fire

2 Nintendo Wii Remotes, $25

today's total: $31

woo hoo, Peanuts Edition Uno! sealed, too. that was cool. we're Uno-freaks 'round these parts, and i was glad to pick this up on the cheap.

the 32X games came from a group of young guys who kinda snickered when i picked them up (whatever, they were selling them!). anyway, joke's on them: that Spider-Man game is worth a few bucks... at least, it was last time i checked. i've never owned this game so it was cool to find it along with Kolibri, another 32X game i'd been wanting. it's a shame they're bare cart, but beggars can't be choosers, i suppose.

lastly, the Wii Remotes. that was a nice buy. the couple selling them didn't have any other video game-related items, so i'm thinking they sold the system and still had the remotes left over (?!). originally, they wanted 15 dollars each, which still was a good price, but i tried to offer them $20 for both anyway. they countered with $25 for the two, which i happily accepted. they're mint (they were each in the package still, though they'd been opened) and both work perfectly. i now have four remotes in total, so i guess i'm ready for some party games or something.

all in all, not a lot of stuff, but i'm very happy with what i found, as well as the prices i paid. now if i can just remember where in the heck i stowed my 32X...

Saw a Colecovision this morning at a charity sale for $2 but didn't get it... I have enough junk already. I think that's the first one I've seen out at a yard sale.

[quote name='allyourblood']today's stuff:

-Kolibri
-Afterburner
-BC Racers

woo hoo, Peanuts Edition Uno! sealed, too. that was cool. we're Uno-freaks 'round these parts, and i was glad to pick this up on the cheap.

the 32X games came from a group of young guys who kinda snickered when i picked them up (whatever, they were selling them!). anyway, joke's on them: that Spider-Man game is worth a few bucks... at least, it was last time i checked. i've never owned this game so it was cool to find it along with Kolibri, another 32X game i'd been wanting. it's a shame they're bare cart, but beggars can't be choosers, i suppose.

lastly, the Wii Remotes. that was a nice buy. the couple selling them didn't have any other video game-related items, so i'm thinking they sold the system and still had the remotes left over (?!). originally, they wanted 15 dollars each, which still was a good price, but i tried to offer them $20 for both anyway. they countered with $25 for the two, which i happily accepted. they're mint (they were each in the package still, though they'd been opened) and both work perfectly. i now have four remotes in total, so i guess i'm ready for some party games or something.

all in all, not a lot of stuff, but i'm very happy with what i found, as well as the prices i paid. now if i can just remember where in the heck i stowed my 32X...[/QUOTE]

WOAH! Spiderman 32x! Talk about a NICE find! That's a pretty damn rare game there. You could get about 60-70 on ebay EASILY for it.

I had no luck on the game front this weekend. At one sale, the guy said I just missed a Genesis and box of games for $10 by about 5 minutes. I did manage to get 2 sealed copies of the board game Diplomacy for $22. I'll probably sell one on eBay and keep the other so I end up with an awesome free game.

[quote name='ragtop70']I picked up WWF Wrestlefest (arcade machine) today at an auction at the Indiana State Fairgrounds for $65. It's not in the original cabinet and I don't care for the monitor at all, but it works fine.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I used to play Wrestlefest a TON at the arcade back in the day, my favorite wrestling game of all time.

i came up on a nes with 2 controllers a zapper and 2 games. Too bad all my nes and snes games were stolen when i was moving 2 years ago. They told me they had more video games today but i was to lazy to go back lol.

Only about 5 sales locally. Picked up a

Sega Saturn System
2 Controllers
5 Sports games all but 1 with case and manual
1 Racing game - bare cd

10$ and they wouldnt budge any lower

[quote name='allyourblood']today's stuff:

-Kolibri
-Afterburner
-BC Racers

all in all, not a lot of stuff, but i'm very happy with what i found, as well as the prices i paid. now if i can just remember where in the heck i stowed my 32X...[/quote]

I envy the crap out of you for finding Kolibri

Great deal on the Saturn.

I forgot to mention that there was a flea market at the fairgrounds when I bought WrestleFest. I got Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Xbox) for $8.

$10 is nothing to sneeze at for a Saturn. If you're keeping it and are looking for some good games, I'm sure some CAGs may be able to help you with that... myself included.

$10 is good for a Saturn even if it's not cheaper then the worth of the plactic that encases the system :)

They are fairly uncommon just about anywhere I'd think considering it didn't do nearly as well as the Playstation did.

Over the last 2 years I've only seen 1 Sega Saturn system for sale per year. One at a yardsale in 2005 and one at the flea market I got to often last year.

I paid 10 bucks for a saturn last season too. It was the first one I'd seen at a yard sale. Came with 10 sports games and 4 controllers (2 were arcade sticks). The only thing is it has no AV cables so I can't tell if it works, anyone have an extra set of these things?

Yeah I was glad to get the Saturn for 10 bucks, the one I already have sometimes doesnt work right and this one seems to work perfect. Been trying to bulk up my Saturn Collection. I picked up a copy of Dragon Force complete on Fleabay for 30$ on a BIN so I'm looking forward to playing that.

I know this really isn't a yardsale or flea market find, but I was cleaning out my uncle's house (he died of a heart attack, he was an asshole anyway) and I found a bunch of older(ish) games, so I decided to have my revenge on him, and ninja'd them up. Most of them broken and whatnot, but out of the ones I did find that worked, these were the ones that caught my eye the most:

NES:
Dragon Warrior (mint)
2x Mario Bros. (arcade classics edition) (mint)
Wizards & Warriors (mint)
Final Fantasy (does have writing with permenant marker near the bottom, initials, but otherwise in near-mint condition)

PS1:
Arc The Lad Collection (has hardcover mini book thing, card collection, analog stick covers, and memory card holder all in mint condition, along with all 5 games.)

[quote name='Proxymatic']I know this really isn't a yardsale or flea market find, but I was cleaning out my uncle's house (he died of a heart attack, he was an asshole anyway) and I found a bunch of older(ish) games, so I decided to have my revenge on him, and ninja'd them up. Most of them broken and whatnot, but out of the ones I did find that worked, these were the ones that caught my eye the most:

NES:
Dragon Warrior (mint)
2x Mario Bros. (arcade classics edition) (mint)
Wizards & Warriors (mint)
Final Fantasy (does have writing with permenant marker near the bottom, initials, but otherwise in near-mint condition)

PS1:
Arc The Lad Collection (has hardcover mini book thing, card collection, analog stick covers, and memory card holder all in mint condition, along with all 5 games.)[/quote]

that's pretty unsensitive of you. :p

Calling me unsensitive? My uncle, who wasn't a blood relative, my aunt (who's my moms sister) married him too quickly, and found out that the viscad he put on on their dates and when they were together was to cover up the alcoholic and abusive asshole that he really ways. I don't want to go into details but my aunt was injured on a matter of occasions, due to his screwed up ness.

She wanted nothing to do with his stuff so I volunteered to throw it in a dumpster for her. She gave me 20 bucks for it and I found a few good games. And by no means am i calling it even.

Sorry for the story you guys, I know it has nothing to do with yard sales or anything, but I just wanted to defend myself, because I'm not someone who would just take advantage of someone after they died....

Hey guys i found a bunch of dreamcast games all complete with case and manual at goodwill all for 20 bucks.

Shenmue 1
jet grind radio
sonic adventure
resident evil code veronica
power stone

They had a couple more games but all i had was a 20. They still had bue stinger, evolution 1, urban chaos, nba 2k, and speed devils.

[quote name='Proxymatic']Calling me unsensitive? My uncle, who wasn't a blood relative, my aunt (who's my moms sister) married him too quickly, and found out that the viscad he put on on their dates and when they were together was to cover up the alcoholic and abusive asshole that he really ways. I don't want to go into details but my aunt was injured on a matter of occasions, due to his screwed up ness.

She wanted nothing to do with his stuff so I volunteered to throw it in a dumpster for her. She gave me 20 bucks for it and I found a few good games. And by no means am i calling it even.

Sorry for the story you guys, I know it has nothing to do with yard sales or anything, but I just wanted to defend myself, because I'm not someone who would just take advantage of someone after they died....[/quote]

You're both monsters.... Better you than the garbage though when it comes to the games.

How can you call a guy "unsensitive?" It's unpossible that he's unsensitive. I find nothing wrong with calling the uncle whatever you want. You were being a good guy helping out your aunt. The uncle sounds like he needed a good beating and death was too good for him.

Back on topic, I found a couple complete SNES games at a local used book store. Not a yardsale, but still a neat find:

Jack Nicklaus Golf
Hook

Also found a sealed Tetris 2 for SNES.

Those having problems getting permanent marker off their cartridge games use a magic eraser....comes off easy. Just dont get it near the lables...

It costs only a couple of bucks and you get two...I think they are in like the mop and cleaner isle at walmart. Definately worth it...its that sponge lookin thing that takes crayon off the wall and all sorts of cool shit.

Just thought I would let the guy with the final fantasy thats all marked up know.

I've had some nice craigslisting experiences over the last 2 weeks, will add more when I get around to pics...

gamegear.jpg

Game Gear, 15 games, 2 game manuals, Game Gear manual, carrying case (not pictured), 2x battery packs (not pictured, missing charger)
Paid: $10 & Starbucks coffee

Well the weathermen are calling for a beautiful weekend here, so we're hoping for a full day of 'saling on Saturday. Just seeing the sun after these past 2 dreary weeks has renewed my excitement for the season, as well as the warmer months in general.

I might be hitting a few sales tomorrow, but my funds are low. I have to find a job that fits my college schedule and allows me to have Fridays off. It'll really suck when I take a full time job and can't go out on Fridays. That's the day most sales in my area start.

My Chuch had its yearly Rummage Sale this week, I picked up for less than a buck total I both a copy of Kirby's Dreamland for the Gameboy and a copy of Dragon Tales for the GBC (for my 5 and 4 year old sisters to play).

I have a quick question. Ive been yardsaling for years and you guys have been like role models for me. I've bookmarked your wiki and used it alot. Now, I started using my local papers online classifieds and craigslist (and google maps). Now, I entered in the 15 or so places, but how do I organize by distance, so that i go to the places closest to each other? Thanks

[quote name='Superfan']I have a quick question. Ive been yardsaling for years and you guys have been like role models for me. I've bookmarked your wiki and used it alot. Now, I started using my local papers online classifieds and craigslist (and google maps). Now, I entered in the 15 or so places, but how do I organize by distance, so that i go to the places closest to each other? Thanks[/quote]

Well, I don't think it can do it automatically. At least I've never found out how. Please someone, correct me if I'm wrong! (I hope I'm wrong)

Anyway ,I just drag and drop the addresses on the side so everything goes in a nice circle. It takes a few minutes, but I guess there's no other option.

I'm psyched for garage sailing this weekend. I poked around and emailed/called some people who listed their email addys, phone #, etc in their ads, and I found a garage sale nearby with an N64 and crap, Genesis and decent stuff, and *drumroll*

Saturn with a bunch of stuff including Panzer Dragoon!

I have no idea how much they want, but I'll be striking out early Saturday morning and CIF'ing until I can snag that stuff at a deal.

I hope I'm not counting chickens, but wish me luck!

I got a Commodore VIC 20 with 1 game today for $.50 and Monster Jam Maximum Destruction for PS2 for $5. I know it's been cheaper than that new, but I've never been able to find it.

I only visited 3 association sales today and spent $8. I picked up:

The pest find was the guides. I got those for $2. That dvd was $3.

Well I ended up getting some good finds this time around...

So I pull up to this yard sale and see this immediatly sitting on the edge of the table. The system itself has a $1 tag on it and I think, "Ok... that is for the system but how much for the games" The games were:

Killer Instinct
Super Mario Kart
AAAHHH!! Real Monsters!
Super Wrestlemania
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Well it turns out that the whole thing was $1. I practically threw the $1 bill at her and headed to the car. A great morning starter!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/466597780/

Well, I decided to hit some yardsales before work and I saw that one of my friends that worked next door to me a while back was ahaving a yard sale. He had an Xbox he told me that was broken. Also he had some controls, and a stack of PS2 demo discs... We started talking and I ended up talking him into selling me the entire set for $5.00. I was pretty excited about it as I have been looking for an Xbox to possibly start modding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/466605559

While I was at work, a friend told me that his wife called stating that there was a yard sale that had a bunch of "game stuff". What did I do? Checked it out as soon as I got off work. I ended up picking up this Jaguar with 7 games and an Ataris VCS converter. The game I get were:

Alien Vs. Predator
Flip Out
Cybermorph
Wolfenstein 3D
Raiden
NBA Jam: T.E.
Missle Command 3D

Well She ended up finally taking $20 for the entire setup. I tried to get her to come down but I got the, "These are my brother's and I'm gonna have to call him and ask.." story. So I gave her the $20 and left. Still not bad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17809559@N00/466597648

Nice finds! Don't see Jag stuff at YSes too often (or in our case, never).

I don't think they ever made an official VCS converter for the Jag. Could that be some fanmade homebrew thing? There's a TON of homebrew support for the Jag, both software and hardware.

[quote name='evilmax17']Nice finds! Don't see Jag stuff at YSes too often (or in our case, never).

I don't think they ever made an official VCS converter for the Jag. Could that be some fanmade homebrew thing? There's a TON of homebrew support for the Jag, both software and hardware.[/quote]

There was an Atari 2600 and it was with it but I asked if she would combine it with the other system. I was pretty excited since it seems that those are a little harder to come by.

I got more goodies on todays yard sale run...

I went to this unadvertisesd sale since it was on the way to another sale. I asked if they had any games that they hadn't put out yet or that they hadn't thought of selling and then noticed a box full of Pokemon items. I figured I would try to pick it up depending on the price. I asked how much and she just shrugged. So I offered her $2. I guess it isn't a bad deal as there were a lot of items in this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/467334560/

I went to this yardsale today since it was on the way to another sale. I ended up seeing this sitting by itself on a table.

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO (Xbox)

I saw they were wanting $5 for it but I figured I would try the CIF method and offered $4. It worked great since they took it. I have been semi-looking for it on Amazon.com but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/467347253/

I did great today. My first sale of the season and the first time I created an actual map and list to find places. I'm still working on it, but we ended up going to a lot of great places. I had just read last week about the guy who got 100 manuals for $1, and then I did the exact same :
IMG_0124.jpg

I also recently read about( here) the guy who was able to fill up a bag full of anything for $2. He did it with cds and traded them in for a ps2. I got this lucky chance at a church rummage sale. I split one bag with two other friends and picked up a few cool things. They had 4 cd's, but they were all christmas crap and I ended up getting 10cents apiece for them. Oh well. We also got halflife 2 for the pc, a psp car charger, and an audio cassete adapter. I also got some leg weights. Haha.
IMG_0126.jpg
IMG_0128.jpg

We also had a lot of fun with the unlisted yard sales. We saw a sign on a major road and followed it. After about 2 minutes going at 40mph without seeing any followup signs, we were about to give up and turn around when .... we saw another sign. This happens again. Finally, we think we are cursed, having already driven a good 10miles decide to go one more block and if we don't see anything, we turn around. We went one more block, and the sign finally points inward into a development. Hoping and excited, we drove toward the now visable yard sale. They had absolutely nothing. It was hysterical.

At the place I got the game manuals, they had a bunch of snes and N64 titles including ocarina of time for $1 apiece, but we passed. My friend got a bunch of classic rock records (the wall vinel by pink floyd, the who albums, and aqualong by jethro tull among 15 others.) She also brought out a bunch of ps1 games (two copies of FF7, MGS, Marvel Vs. Capcom all for ps1) but wouldn't sell them since her son wasn't home.

Lastly, at around 12, we found the big neighborhood yard sale. Here, we didn't really find any video game stuff (Ive gotten into the habit of asking) but we found some random fun stuff.
IMG_0127.jpg

Our last yard sale of the day, at one, was a small towel with a bunch of kiddy xbox games on it. Most of them were yugioh and other rubbish, but I got Simpsons road rage and online two pack- tetris and star wars clone wars. She wanted $5 each, I haggled down to both for $5.
IMG_0125.jpg
Not amazing, but im not that great at haggling. All in all, a very good first planned experience. I went with my friends, but my dad and brother went seperatelly with the same list and they didn't come back with anything good.

Thanks for the inspiration you guys have given me. It's really helped.

Edit: oh right. First yard sale we went to, I got these great George carlin unopened dvds both for $3. Great start to a great day.

I left a little late this morning since I went back to bed. I visited a neighborhood that I had skipped yesterday. I only picked up two games and passed on a bunch of stuff. I passed on some old atari consoles, since I really wasn't interested in having to clean them. This association had a several sales with a bunch of old pc games. I passed on them since I didn't need them and I'm running low on money. I was really tempted by a copy of Titan Quest.

I did pick up:
Alundra 2 $2
Elemental Master (genesis) $1

I get to this one garage sale (after having been at a ton with just a bunch of junk - literally) and I see a silver GBA SP sitting on a table with $10 on it. I snagged it and paid for it. The lady showed me that it worked and it came with a game (Tony Hawk Downhill something). Anyway, I was pretty pumped. All the other places were a total bust. Man, I've got to get into the habit of asking if they have video games that are for sale!

I had my first major find of the season today. The sale listing said it had an Xbox 360 and games. I didn't get there till after 2:00 and figured it would be expensive or gone. I didn't see anything so I asked if it had sold. They told me they still had it and it came with Madden 07, Full Auto, Sonic, and the Burger King games. The price was $225. I suspected it was a core system, but the mother told me it was the $400 model. That's too cheap so I thought something had to be wrong with it. It looks like new and includes 1 wireless controller and a wired headset in addition to all cables and the games mentioned. I offered $200 twice but they wouldn't budge because the son wants a Wii and they originally wanted $250 but were closing the sale. When I could only come up with $220 they accepted.
I also got Resident Evil GC for $3.50 at the sale. I was hoping they'd throw it in for free, but it's still a good deal. Original asking price was $7, but everything other than the 360 was half off.
Total haul for the weekend:
Xbox 360
Madden 07
Sonic
Full Auto
3 BK Games
REmake
Commodore VIC 20 (see earlier post) missing F1 key and the 4 key needs help
Total $224.00

Wow. Have you tested the 360 to make sure it works? That's a great deal! I'm a tad annoyed that my simpsons road rage was heavily scratched and froze often... That's great for you though.

today's stuff:

N64 WCW NWO Revenge
GEN Wolverine: Adamantium Rage, bare cart, both for $1

VHS The Devil's Backbone
DVD What Women Want, WS new & sealed, both for .50

Sega Genesis Nomad w/AA battery pack
Tyrants: Fight Through Time
Caesar's Palace
Ultimate Mortal Kombat
SAT Nights: Into Dreams..., all for $32

Sega Dreamcast system w/RF unit, 1 official controller (no PSU), $2

Nintendo Gameboy Color (Grape) w/6 GBA cases, $3

total: $36.50

i know, i know... i paid too much for the Nomad (at least, compared to what i'll normally pay for something). it's just that i used to own an old beat-up one that i'd bought from the swap meet many years ago, and subsequently sold. i had to have it back, and this was a "fair" price for the thing. at least it came with some extras!

hope everyone else had fun today!

Decided to get up and go on my first yard sailing adventure in years and I will be returning next week. I didn't get anything game related (and didn't actually see anything game related except a $10 copy of crimson skies.. woot!)

I found some pretty cool stuff..

30 comics for $15 (Including 'Archie meets the Punisher')

40 beanie babies for $20 (and one of the ones I got is worth well over $40.. the majority of these were ones my girlfriend picked out, but I was pretty hyped to find a dragon named "Scorch").

Return of the Jedi Portfolio, first edition - $1.

and my prize jewel of the day..

I saw it at the yard sale and put it down.. I figured $3 was probably too much.. came home and saw it on ebay for well over $100.. sped 20 miles back, literally going 70 in a 30.. made my way through the maze, and luckily enough, the treasure was still there..

My So-Called Life (Complete Series), complete, discs look like they've never been watched at all.. $3.

[quote name='Scorch']Decided to get up and go on my first yard sailing adventure in years and I will be returning next week. I didn't get anything game related (and didn't actually see anything game related except a $10 copy of crimson skies.. woot!)

I found some pretty cool stuff..

30 comics for $15 (Including 'Archie meets the Punisher')

40 beanie babies for $20 (and one of the ones I got is worth well over $40.. the majority of these were ones my girlfriend picked out, but I was pretty hyped to find a dragon named "Scorch").

Return of the Jedi Portfolio, first edition - $1.

and my prize jewel of the day..

I saw it at the yard sale and put it down.. I figured $3 was probably too much.. came home and saw it on ebay for well over $100.. sped 20 miles back, literally going 70 in a 30.. made my way through the maze, and luckily enough, the treasure was still there..

My So-Called Life (Complete Series), complete, discs look like they've never been watched at all.. $3.[/QUOTE]

MSCL goes for a fortune on Ebay. I purchased it ago from AnotherUniverse before the owner went to jail for stealing everyones money and got a Lunch Box and a 'Bonus DVD'. Ebayed those two for $300 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back