Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

Flea market :I got Gta 4 :360: when it was 60$ for 35$
At a garage sale my cousin got call of duty 4 gta 4 and some other expensive game forgot which one for :360: for like 10$ i :cry: and died a little inside.

finds122708.jpg

Pictured:

Sega Genesis with 2 controllers, hookups, arcade stick and Menacer gun + game
Games: Road Rash 2, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Jewel Master, PGA Golf 2, Taz Mania, Aladdin, Hard Drivin, Mortal Kombat, Cool Spot, George Foreman's KO Boxing, Mario Lemiux Hockey

Nintendo 64 with 2 controllers, hookups, expansion pack, memory card and rumble attachment, Resident Evil and N64 sports bag
Games: Crusin USA, Zelda MM, Zelda OoT, Perfect Dark, Excite Bike 64, Army Men Sarge's Heroes, SM64, NFL Blitz and Resident Evil 2

$15 for the whole lot

Not Pictured:

Legend of Zelda, Baseball Simulator 1000, Ice Hockey, TMNT and Deja Vu for the NES

$1

[quote name='FusionHype']How do you get so lucky with your purchases? Got any tips for bargain hunting or looking for garage sales?[/QUOTE]

Patience, Persistence and good timing.

It also helps to be a bit ballsy when haggling.

finds122808.jpg

Sunday's stuff:

Hatris, Wordtris, Tetris Blast and Ballon Kidd for the GB - $10
NES RF adapter = $.50
Silent Hill GH = $3
Equinox = $5
Escape from Monster Manor - $5
Linksys Wireless USB Adapter with Speed Boost = $7
USB Floppy Drive - $3

Picked up a Lime-Green Game Boy Color today at a thrift shop for 99 cent!

I also got some sealed CDs at a GS a couple of months ago and never got around to taking a pic. I promised some better finds, so here they are:

I got Siouxsie & The Banshees: A Kiss in the Dreamhouse STILL SEALED for $2
and Joy Division: Substance Original Release STILL SEALED for $2.

The first sells for $50-$75 and the second between$125-$200.

I also picked a SIN CITY (sealed) for $2 and some other CDs like NIN broken and Spiritualized live at Royal Albert Hall that were also sealed for $1.50 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all I am new here but would love to tell you my recent find. I didn't find at yard sale but at a Salvation Army type place. I asked if they had any game systems and they showed me a sega genesis game still factory sealed. They had it marked $12 and I thought no way I am out of here. It was Earthworm Jim 2 and in VERY NICE SHAPE. So I left looked up on ebay and found that just the cart had listings at 12+ so I jumped in the car and went and snagged the game.

It is like I said still factory sealed. I hope this was a Good find. I will keep this copy as it is now one of my center peaces along side my factory sealed NES Power Pad (Free at garage sale last year).

I have 50+ NES games (carts no doubles), 10 PS2 (complete), 15 PS1 (complete), 8 Intellivision (complete), 2 nes (complete), 8 genesis (complete not including new one), 10 SNES (carts only), 6 N64 (carts only), 2 2600 (carts only), 6 7800 (carts only), and 30 xbox (cd only just picked up at garage sale w/system $10)

I have the following systems. 4 NES, 1 SNES, 4 N64, 2 Genesis ver 1, 1 Genesis ver 2, 1 xbox, 1 ps2 slim, 4 ps1 ver 2, 1 7800, 1 Inttelivision (with box and papers like NEW box has some damage), 2 game boy colors (oh yea and 1 game boy game),

I have the following accessories (beyond regular controllers and memory) Power Pad, Nes advantage, supper game boy, bunches of nes guns gray and orange.

Sorry about spelling all. Do you feel the Earthworm Jim 2 was a good deal? also is this a good start for my collection? I am getting back into it most I got last year around this month through garage sales.

I will have to go through and list my games someday

EDIT: Oh yea I also picked up a Xbox 360 wirless controller, Xbox controller, Some fan box for xbox 360, 2K Sports All Pro Football 2k8 xbox 360 game w/case, Two Worlds Xbox 360 CD only, and 2K6 Xbox CD only. All for $5.00

EDIT 2: Just got back from todays sales... N64 Diddy Kong Racing $1.00, N64 Topgear Hyper-Bike $1.00 both are carts only in OK condition with Very good lables. A SNES Controller $2.00 I was going to pass but need an extra one so I bit, and the last item I passed on was a Sega Satern for $20.00 with 2 controller and Steering wheel but I left my number and said I would take for $15.00 however I will drop to $10 if they wont let me test it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back