Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

It also depends on your area and what the game market is like and what people want to buy. You can observe this by going to gamestop and seeing what people are buying or shopping at the flea constantly and seeing what people are asking for, it should be rather easy to pick up on what the majority are buying. An honest seller WILL do much better at the flea than a sheister with no prices on their games (at least for here). The market for older games is pretty much dead here, no one wants them, everyone wants the newer stuff (hence the store that sold older games closing). People aren't gonna pay 20$ for that Mario Party 1 cart for the N64 here. Every area will have its hardcore collectors though that are interested in a variety of stuff. Despite the rough economy people are only purchasing the newer stuff, this is a very urban area so that explains it somewhat. The money that people are spending on games is being put towards the latest releases.

Gas prices are a huge influence, I really think less people are yard sale-ing as I have spoken with many people at yard sales and business is definitely down despite the lower prices than last year in my area and wider selection of stuff. The product isn't moving either, people are selling clothes 5 for a dollar and its still not selling (decent stuff too!). I completely do not understand the clothes buying mentality in my area, they can't afford to drive to a yard sale to buy dirt cheap clothing yet they can drive to the salvation army to spend 5$ on a used, worn-out t-shirt.... Most people who have a sale here only sell half their stuff or less, the rest sits. A lot of people here simply cannot afford to have cars or they are getting rid of their cars and that has a huge effect on the number of people that come to your sale. When I had my yard sale more than 50% of the people who actually came, came on foot.

I am mainly in this to get as much video game stuff as I can and to sell off the extras or duplicates that I get.

in my area its a richer neighborhood that most people are still able to buy gas. Also gas is 3.06 here. And yeah the Englishtown Fleamarket is right near me has okay stuff the trackmeet is terrible.

[quote name='Cmosfm']If you simply do yard sales for a living, then yes, it's hot and cold.

BUT, with many different sources, you'd be AMAZED at the amount of money you can bring in. I'm making more than my friends who went to college for 4 years, earned a degree and scored a great job. And I'm not talking just SALES, I'm talking profit.

Only down side, no benefits/healthcare, but the advantages well outweigh that. :)[/quote]

You must live in a large area, I have tapped out most of the non garage sale places around here and resellers keep poping up right and left and the dumber resellers have alerted the pawnshop workers that games are worth $$ online. around here you almost have to own your own store to get any good stuff, and then you have to give an arm and a leg to get the games traded in.

[quote name='Sinnbox']You must live in a large area, I have tapped out most of the non garage sale places around here and resellers keep poping up right and left and the dumber resellers have alerted the pawnshop workers that games are worth $$ online. around here you almost have to own your own store to get any good stuff, and then you have to give an arm and a leg to get the games traded in.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, see, that's the problem. You can't stay in one particular area or you WILL tap it sooner or later.

Ok, for instance, when I yardsale I go through 5 or 6 towns, 2 of those being large towns, and once I'm done saleing I reverse it and hit all the pawn shops I missed. I start at 7 in the morning and wrap up around 3. Last week I put 150+ miles on my car just on yard sales alone.

Then sometimes on a whim I drive an hour and a half to Charlotte, NC because I can find a LOT of kickass deals there. Last big Toys R Us sale I went up there, hit about 4 stores, came back home, hit one close to me, then drove to Greenville, SC and hit that one too. Also hit all the Pawn shops/thrifts/game stores in between. Just a few pawn shops finds made up for the gas I spent.

You REALLY have to know what you're doing, and have the drive to do it, because if you stay within your little area and try to do it for a living you will accomplish nothing and wind up not making it worth your time. Branch out! :)

i have yard-saled in the same two parts of the city for 10+ years, and consistently find deals without going far. i think it really depends on where you live. since i also work, i get to collect almost everything i buy, but even when i was between jobs 5 years ago, i made more money just yard-saling around town and selling online than when i was working at my previous job!

[quote name='Cmosfm']Oh man, see, that's the problem. You can't stay in one particular area or you WILL tap it sooner or later.

Ok, for instance, when I yardsale I go through 5 or 6 towns, 2 of those being large towns, and once I'm done saleing I reverse it and hit all the pawn shops I missed. I start at 7 in the morning and wrap up around 3. Last week I put 150+ miles on my car just on yard sales alone.

Then sometimes on a whim I drive an hour and a half to Charlotte, NC because I can find a LOT of kickass deals there. Last big Toys R Us sale I went up there, hit about 4 stores, came back home, hit one close to me, then drove to Greenville, SC and hit that one too. Also hit all the Pawn shops/thrifts/game stores in between. Just a few pawn shops finds made up for the gas I spent.

You REALLY have to know what you're doing, and have the drive to do it, because if you stay within your little area and try to do it for a living you will accomplish nothing and wind up not making it worth your time. Branch out! :)[/quote] You're all so lucky to have a car. >_

[quote name='allyourblood']i have yard-saled in the same two parts of the city for 10+ years, and consistently find deals without going far. i think it really depends on where you live. since i also work, i get to collect almost everything i buy, but even when i was between jobs 5 years ago, i made more money just yard-saling around town and selling online than when i was working at my previous job![/QUOTE]

I do believe it, its definitely a good substitute for a part time job at least. Considering that you will likely have to buy a uniform or clothes to start a PT job and now the fact that a lot of retail jobs pay by the Commdata system that just takes fees out of your paycheck (if you don't have a bank account) you are probably going to come out ahead if you do this versus working a minimum wage retail job. I also feel its a lot less work and there are many other advantages to this as well.

If you really want to make the bucks though you have to have a lot of money on hand to buy this stuff because if your going through 3 towns, all the yard sales, pawn shops and thrifts, 20$ isn't gonna get you anywhere. I am not sure about the area but I have been in the same area doing this since about 1999 and I consistently seem to find stuff, there's always someone with games stashed away.

Another thing is we have a lot of stupid people in this area, so you must be smart and have a lot of knowledge at least about the product you are buying, if you don't have that knowledge you will lose money on this since pawn shop owners and even people at yard sales to an extent will be able to see right through to a dumb reseller and then take advantage of them. Some people will buy anything that they are told is worth money on ebay in an attempt to resell it and sellers can see right through to this personality. An episode of The Hustlers comes to mind here. I cannot count how many times I have been told something is collectible and rare at a yard sale only to look it up on ebay when I got home and then I find out its worth a couple bucks at most. So you have to know when to walk away if the price is too high and you also have to not take chances on things that people only say are worth money. Just move on if the price is too high, there will be another sale to go to! Stick to buying the products that you know.

The only problem I see is that you can tap out certain houses, if you clean out all the games from a certain house and they have a yard sale in another week chances are you won't get anything from them since you have cleaned it out. Some people think its fun to have a yard sale every week so you have to know which houses you have gone to before and which ones you have cleaned out.

Okay so i was thinking to myself i wanna start a collection. If i buy nes games for 1 dollar i can still make a profit because play n trade buys them for about 2.50 each. or i can sell them on ebay for a little over 1 dollar. So is it good to buy games for 1 dollar is it bad. (talking about commons and stuff)

[quote name='dnrrule']Okay so i was thinking to myself i wanna start a collection. If i buy nes games for 1 dollar i can still make a profit because play n trade buys them for about 2.50 each. or i can sell them on ebay for a little over 1 dollar. So is it good to buy games for 1 dollar is it bad. (talking about commons and stuff)[/quote]

Well, if you're collecting them then $1 each isn't bad. They usually cost at least $3 each on eBay just for the shipping. If you can sell them for more then you paid for it that's always good. Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to get them cheaper.;)

1$ is a good price for a NES game, the flea here usually charges 5$ per game (sometimes you can get them on ebay cheaper!).

If you buy for a dollar and end up getting a lot of duplicates or games you don't want, you would be best off reselling them in a lot rather than individually for a dollar, if your selling things on ebay for a dollar then your not making anything after ebay + paypal fees.

If your buying a large lot of games at a sale then make sure you haggle, CIF or ask for a discount, you will most likely get one, this could bring your price to under a dollar a piece.

[quote name='dnrrule']Okay so i was thinking to myself i wanna start a collection. If i buy nes games for 1 dollar i can still make a profit because play n trade buys them for about 2.50 each. or i can sell them on ebay for a little over 1 dollar. So is it good to buy games for 1 dollar is it bad. (talking about commons and stuff)[/QUOTE]

If it's a good NES game it's really only worth a buck if you want it for your collection IMO if it's something that can be had easily for $5 or less shipped on eBay it's not really worth the time and trouble to buy for a buck and turn around and try and sell for about $1 profit online. That 2.50 sounds really good to me for a trade in value even if it's only store credit.

I was talking to the one lady in town a few years back that I used to buy fire works from. She used to own a video store way back when and at one point probably had about 300 NES games at her store that she rented. A few years ago she was telling me how she got rid of a bulk of the games years back at yardsales pretty cheap over the years, I think she was selling games for a buck each. She decided to try out eBay a few years ago to get rid of some games she still had that her grand kids never played and lucked out selling Zelda with a manual and I think map for $40 (definately a fluke) and also had a copy of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! that went to about $30ish since it included the letter. She was telling me that she was only making about a quarter on all of her other games after fees and shipping. She made the mistake of shipping priority & getting nickeled and dime on the bay for things like extra pictures so she was making less on eBay then she would have at a yardsale although she wouldn't be making much if she was shipping 1st class ($2ish I'd think).

I'm sure it would take a lot of time and gas hunting games in the wild to make a living out of it but I don't think it would work in my area it's too space out. I'd have to hit up Wilkes-Barre or some place about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away to even spread my wings enough to get more stuff to try and resell and from what I've read in threads like the K-Mart clearance thread I don't think it would be worth the time and gas to make the Wilks-Barre/Scranton area 1 more CAG crowded :D (Or State College which is about 1 1/2 hours away from me).

I personally go out mostly hoping to find something for myself but end up with extra stuff which I can use to help pay for my video game hobby.

My yardsaling habbits are probably pretty close to allyourblood's. Over the last year I've only stuck to my little town as not to spend too much gas & time only going out of town a few times this year only if I see something in particular advertised that looks promising. I'm usually done yardsaling before 9 AM but I don't think I could stand being out for 4 plus hours personally although I used to spend more time a few years ago before gas went up and would hit up all sorts of surrounding areas (usually 3ish surounding areas a day) Besides spending less time hunting at yardsales I also spend MUCH less time putting together my yardsale route then I used to when scoping out all of my surrounding areas in the classifieds.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Oh man, see, that's the problem. You can't stay in one particular area or you WILL tap it sooner or later.

You REALLY have to know what you're doing, and have the drive to do it, because if you stay within your little area and try to do it for a living you will accomplish nothing and wind up not making it worth your time. Branch out! :)[/quote]

I was doing it between jobs and made a decent amount of money, I was driving about 1000 miles a month for games only, I brought in a nice ammount of money but there are so many resellers around here that you cant make a living doing it. I have gotten several good deals buying out other resellers items, when E-bay had thier first price hike i got about 100 NES/64 games for $25 and a broken GC with good controllers, then a month later bought 150 Nes games, and 4 systems for $75. Then this weekend i got a box of 40 NES/Genny/PS2/Xbox games for $5. Resellers closing up shop are my best suppliers now days, even one of the local video game stores gives me thier "overstock" and then writes it off their books as defective for tax reasons. I have gotten boxes of over a hundred classic to current games from them for free.

A lot of good yard sales here are in the hood.I am fine heading there when drunk at 4am but not 7am...damn it.This week there is a post that lists videogames as items they have and you get to fill a ziploc bag for 1 dollar a gocery bag for 2 and a trash bag for 5.....how many games you think I can fit in a trashbag.....guess I btter suck it up and go

You can fit a lot of games into a trash bag, trust me. Make sure you use a plastic bag and not a paper bag because plastic bags stretch so you can fit more in them. If its just a plastic bag then bring your own, find the biggest one you have in the house (lol) and bring it. If your doing trash bags bring extra because you will need to double or triple it in order for it to hold all the games or it will break.

If your going to a bag sale for clothing, not that anyone here is your best bet is to roll the clothes up because you can stuff more in the bag that way.

Video game stores don't fly here, and it seems the owners are too lazy to actually test, list and sell all their excess inventory on ebay and they just want quick cash for their stuff. So I can see how someone would make out on this. I have been to a few sales that were former store owners and the stuff was pretty cheap.

If there was a fucking video game bag sale I would get there a half hour early.

Even if its all disc only sports games imagine how many disc only sports games you could fit in a bag...

Yeah, I think an all video game bag sale would be everyone's dream here. You could probably get a lot more than 5$ for a trash bag full of disc only sports games on ebay even if that was the case.

Sorry for the mild derail but I have a quick question about flipping things on ebay. Lately I've been selling quite a few things on there, but I can't figure out how to transfer the funds to my checking account. When I try it asks for my routing number etc. which I don't have because I don't actually have checks (I only withdraw cash from ATMs). Is there any way to transfer the funds to my account without a routing number?

Edit: I figured it out! Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get your hopes up on the bag deal, odds are they only have a handful of games, I've been through this a hundred times.

Its grading day at our school today, and I get the day off, so I decided to go to a Friday multifamily sale in the neighborhood.

Got Yoshi's Cookie and NES cleaning kit for $1.

Now I have 3 NES games but no NES because they go for about $60 here. Could any yard saler who has a stack of them hook me up with a cheap one?

Ok I went to an estate sale today that advertised Nintendo and it was the most disgusting house I have ever been in my life, you know those houses on TV that are being condemned well this was in the same ball park as that. There were no lights on or nothing and the whole house was filled with the dust that was leftover from painting and sanding, and this dust was all over the merchandise. There were tons of holes in the floor and I don't even want to talk about the rest of it, it was that bad. I was going through piles of cds that were covered in the dust. Since the merchandise was covered in sanded dust I was only able to salvage a loose mario kart N64 and a couple other things for a total of 1$ at least the price was cheap and the guy living there was nice but how someone could live in all that filth is beyond me.

Ok the next house I went to was good as well, and I bought Lumines for the PSP and Need for Speed Most wanted for the PSP, and a couple Gamecube games for 11$ total. This house promised to have more games tomorrow and since its basically down the street from me I will be heading back in the morning. Since I am so motivated to collect games I will probably fly out of bed for this heh. Hopefully I will come up with something good. The prices were very reasonable. I don't think this person will overcharge since she is just selling all the games that her kid beats.

Next house tried to charge my mom 5$ for a used, worn out sweater so we left immediately without buying anything, nothing good but prices that were well above even ebay's including pairs of used shoes for 10$, not a house I want to do business with.

The last couple houses I picked up a Plug N Play game for 2$, some perler beads for 1.50 and a Super Mario Galaxy premier edition factory sealed guide for 1$, that was definitely a good deal.

[quote name='SaraAB']and a Super Mario Galaxy premier edition factory sealed guide for 1$, that was definitely a good deal.[/quote]

:applause: That was definitely a great deal. I have yet to find guides in the wild. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough?

[quote name='punkmaggit']:applause: That was definitely a great deal. I have yet to find guides in the wild. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough?[/QUOTE]

I find quite a few guides however usually used ones. Another thing is they are usually lumped in with the books so you need to look through those, however you also pay the same price as a book costs which is like 25 cents or 50 cents here or maybe a dollar. I have walked out of houses with loads of guides this season for 25 cents a piece. Its also great for finding older guides for older systems.

The house I bought the guide at is a strange one, every time I go there there is a lot of books, gaming and anime magazines, it looks like the guy at the house garbage picks or something, or gets retail store overstock (or maybe penny guides, but there really aren't enough to justify that). I have been to this sale before. I don't know where he gets the books from. There were also several brand new and sealed Mass effect guides but I don't need those since I don't have the system. I think he charges like a buck a piece for magazines too so I don't buy those, just the guides.

I am probably going to hold onto my Mario Galaxy guide in sealed condition since I don't really care for the game.

This was a great day. The second time I've ever found games from this gen, and they were at amazing prices. ^_^

PA110184.jpg

Call of Duty 4 (game + box)
Mass Effect (game + box)
DiRT (complete
$6.

They were priced at $5 each. I asked if they would do 2 for $5, and the guy said yes. I thought what the hell and asked if they would do 3 for 6 and grabbed dirt, and he said ok.

The other games were crackdown and a disc only guitar hero 3, but I already have them and decided not to hoard. ^_^

PA110187.jpg

Queen Greatest Hits
Megadeth - The World Needs A Hero
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion II
Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death
$3

Picked these out of a giant box of CDs marked $1 each. CIF'd $3 and she accepted.

PA110185.jpg

The Grudge DVD
$0.25

Asked 50 cents , accepted 25 when I offered it.

PA110186.jpg

The Nightmare Before Christmas VHS
$0.25

Asked 50 cents, accepted 25 when I offered.

Only one find today, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, disc only for $2. Not too shabby, and it's been too crappy out to yard sale for the past few weeks, so it was just nice to be back out there.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Guide (Brady Games) - .50

Got up late and got out the door just after 9. Found this at the last sale I went to that started at 9, didn't have a price brought it up and paid the .50 they were asking. The lady also mentioned having the game to which the other lady mentioned that it was sold.

I waited for a guy talking to the sellers at this sale to leave before asking about video games. He was asking about doing a better rate if he bought 30-50 DVDs then actually admitted to buying baby stuff at yardsales just to sell at the flea market. He was as polite as could be about how he went doing this but it was still rather odd mentioning to people how much he typically paid for certain things that he would just want to turn around and sell for a small profit. The sellers said it was early and that they weren't ready to cut any better deals but it sounded as they were going to take the guy up on his offer to come back later and do a better deal on some stuff if they were still sitting on it at the end of the day. I definately didn't want to ask about "old games" in front of this guy as he could have started doing the same thing at every sale after getting the idea from me.

The 2nd sale I went to today advertised PS2 games but when I got to it they only had a few PC games and when I asked they mentioned that somebody just bought $30 worth of games cleaning them out of the PS2 stuff, this being 5 minutes before I got to the sale. Probably somebody that doesn't really know any better and it was probably at best a lot of PS2 games in which you'd be making $40 if all sold together in one lot on eBay but I still can't help but wonder if just maybe it was much better then the average lot of PS2 games you'd see at a yardsale. I actually saw all of the $1 PS2 games I passed on last week on eBay all together being sold in one auction a few days later lol

I didn't get much this weekend. Another eb ice cold therapy thing and a couple of books on learning to fly. I can ebay the eb ice thing and the books will be interesting when I can get around to reading them.

Well I got 9 N64 games from that lady's house for 13$ most were top titles. Finally got myself a copy of beetle adventure racing.

I am also completely stoked that I got a hello kitty plush from 1983 from the thrift and its the same one I had as a kid (its a huge plush), who would have ever though I would have found that!

Sadly the 3$ a bag thrift is closing next week so its gonna be a free for all and take as much as you can.

Another thing I would like to say is CIF WORKS! 99% of the time my offer has been taken (its extremely rare for my offer not to be taken), now keep in mind I keep it reasonable, I am not asking for 1$ on a 50$ item. However it does save me at least a few bucks every week.

Does anyone know if a PS2/PS1 external screen is worth anything, it was a rectangular looking one by Intec, the guy wanted 20$ for it and claimed it originally cost 130$, of course it was nasty and full of dust.

[quote name='SaraAB']
Does anyone know if a PS2/PS1 external screen is worth anything, it was a rectangular looking one by Intec, the guy wanted 20$ for it and claimed it originally cost 130$, of course it was nasty and full of dust.[/quote]

I'd pay $10 easy for a working one, been on my rummage sale wish list for the last two years...lol

[quote name='darkslime']^It would probably be worth $10-30 depending on the condition and buyer.[/quote]

Do a lil homework on the intec brand...I remember reading it has some common issues...that's why I threw out $10.

Found this on Sunday:

Sega Dreamcast Black Sega Sports Edition (No Cords/Controller) - $1
Web Browser 2.0 - $1
Crazy Taxi - $1
Spec Ops II: Omega Squad - $1
Evolution: The World of Sacred Device - $1
Sonic Adventure 2: The Trial - $1
Expendable - $1
Speed Devils: Online Racing - $1
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater - $1
Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage - $1
NHL 2K - $1

TOTAL: $11

I found a power cable in my house last night, so I just have to obtain controllers and an A/V cable now.

The intec screen looked really bulky, and you would need a cable that connects the screen to the console, as the one I was looking at only had the power adapter. You would need a cable with 2 psx AV ends since the screen only had that and an S-video port, you can't just plug the PSX AV cables into it like you can for a TV. If something is missing an odd cable then its not even worth buying imo unless it was like a dollar or you know you have that in the house somewhere. The actual screen also looked very small and wouldn't be good for playing the text-heavy RPG's that I am into.

Finally am gettign a chance to put up some of what I got over the past couple weeks...

While I was at work, I sent my wife to this yard sale to investigate. While there were some good games atthe sale, the person running it would only sell them with the system ad ridiculous prices. However, she did find a bunch of game informers, Parasite Eve 2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2918602894/

No big story here. I pulled up to the sale and noticed a showbox full of SNES games. I also noticed that there they were priced $1 each. I CIF'd $5 and she took it. Out of it I got:

DKC 1
DKC 2
Addams Family
Mario Paint
Yoshi's Island
StarFox
Frogger
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Fighting Edition
Ms. Pac-Man

Once again, Not a bad haul.Guide, and Dark Age of Camelot guide. It was $3 for all of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2917755385/

No major story. I went to this sale and saw a super nintendo mini on the table. the asking price was $1 so I bought it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2917756831/

This was the last sale I was going to today. I pulled up and immediatly spotted an N64. Upon closed inspection, there were also boxed N64 games with it as well. I gathered those up and then saw a Guitar Hero guitar. I picked it up and it was for PS2. I asked abotu the game and he said he had it but that it was scratched up. I still was interested in it and he will bring it to me next weekend. So recapping:

Starfox 64 (Complete)
Banjo Kazooie (Complete)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Complete)
Mario Kart 64 (Complete)
Super Mario 64 (Complete)
PS2 guitar

The total price for all of this...$7

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2917758331/

I went to this sale on my lunch break and picked up a pretty cool item. I got a Lara Croft in Wet Suit Action Figure still in the box. I gave $5 for it but it is pretty sweet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2917759797/

I came across this sale and immediatly headed towards a table of electronics. I scoured the table and uncovered a set of Bose Speakers. I picked it up, looked at it a bit and then asked what the price was. $3. I immediatly pulled the cash out and paid for it. This is a 1990 Bose Acoustimass 3 System. Worth $3.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2929228321/

I checked the sale out and didn't come out with much as most of hte games were sports titles... I did get the following though:

Sega Saturn Choice Cuts
Xbox Demo Disc 58
Xbox Demo Disc 67
Xbox Demo Disc 68
Secret Codes for Playstation Vol. 3
1982 Admiral Ackbar Action Figure

I paid $0.50 for all this together. I am going to go back to the house and see if they had any games left as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2933735635/

I pulled up to check this sale out after I found that this was supposed to have some Atari 2600 games. He definitely had some as well. I ended up picking up:

Dragonfire
Megamania
Starmaster
Enduro
Outlaw
Asteroids
Defender
Oink!
Space War
Frogger
River Raid
SwordQuest Fireworld
Space Shuttle

I ended up CIFing him $3 for all of the titles. He originally wanted $0.50 each game.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2933737695/

This was the first sale I was able to hit. I pulled up and walked up as they had advertised Playstation and Game Boy games. While they had a lot, the selection was not real big. I did however pick up:

Lego Stunt Rally (GBC)
Land Before Time (GBC)
Blaster Master Blasting Again (PS)
Dino Crisis 2 (PS)

She wanted $10 for all of it but I CIF'd her $5 instead and she took it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2933739925/

All in all, not a bad couple past weekends...

I did some garage sales and some thrift stores and i didnt really get anything other then Mario's Tennis for the virtual boy for 2.5 dollars. I saw some games for gameboy and some game gear games.

is their a guide for the price to get games at.

I was thinking is 3 dollars a good price for a gameboy game.
Is 3 dollars good for a game gear game
Is 2 dollars good for a snes game that isnt sports related.

Anyone have a guide that relates to this?

In the way of a guide, not really that I am aware of but I can give you what rules I usually go by.

I usually will not spend more than the following unless it is worth the asking price like Super Mario RPG or Castlevania: SOTN.

In the $1-2 range I would list the following systems:
NES, N64, GB, GBC, Gen, GG

In the $1-3 range I would go for:
SNES, GBA, Gamecube

In the $1-5 range:
PS2, Xbox, DS, PSP

Usually 360 and PS3 items I would not pay more than $10 AT MOST.

Hope that kinda gets you an idea of what to ask for. Also depending on where you live, those priced can fluctuate a little bit.

Dad grabbed me a few things while visiting various sales wooo

Nintendo Console with original box, foam, etc. - $3
ninb1.jpg

Sega Saturn System in box with 2 controllers & following games: Panzer Dragoon, Nights into Dreams..., Hyper 3-D Pinball, Off-World Interceptor Extreme, Earthworm Jim 2, Tetris Plus, Bubble Bobble (disc only), Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA - $10
saturn.jpg

Atari Ultra Pong with 4 controllers - $3

apong.jpg

[quote name='Mirpkered']In the way of a guide, not really that I am aware of but I can give you what rules I usually go by.

I usually will not spend more than the following unless it is worth the asking price like Super Mario RPG or Castlevania: SOTN.

In the $1-2 range I would list the following systems:
NES, N64, GB, GBC, Gen, GG

In the $1-3 range I would go for:
SNES, GBA, Gamecube

In the $1-5 range:
PS2, Xbox, DS, PSP

Usually 360 and PS3 items I would not pay more than $10 AT MOST.

Hope that kinda gets you an idea of what to ask for. Also depending on where you live, those priced can fluctuate a little bit.[/quote] That seems accurate except for I would switch gamecube and xbox, since gc games seem to be worth a lot lately and and xbox games are at almost every sale I go to and worth almost nothing.

This price is not for sports games, unless they're the current year. I only buy old ones if they're a quarter or less and not very scratched. Same with demos unless they're a rare one like the gc demo discs that retailers get.

That is a good point about sports games. However, when you brought up demos, always check demo discs (mostly 360 discs) for content that is free.

Example: The Xbox Demo 67 has 2 free quests for Oblivion on it that are usually around $5 each. Also there are a couple others that have maps for COD and Also some free Rock Band tracks as well. I picked up some demo discs the other day, as seen in my most recent post, and I got 3 demos discs and some other misc for $0.50.

Yeah, switch Gamecube and Xbox, obviously if the title is boxed I will pay more, and I don't mind paying a dollar or 2 more for a better title (like a Mario N64 game). I see 10$ cube games all the time here.

The turnover on better titles is so high on ebay that I could buy them all day long for 3$ and still make money, then when I get home I regret buying more if there were more at the sale.

Usually the older games like NES and Genesis run 10 cents to 1$ here, so 50 cents is an acceptable price.

I haven't posted for a while and I have bought a lot of stuff, so i am breaking it up...

Guide .89, game 2.99 at goodwill.

GS5-1.jpg

The rest are from the same sale:

bag of 80s toys $1

GS4.jpg

bag of M.U.S.C.L.E. men $1. I think 4 of them in the bottom row are the japanese ones.

GS3.jpg

MOTU thermoses .50 each

GS2.jpg

These were from different sales.
GTA SA Wanted $5 CIF $2
RE and RE3 Wanted $5 each CIF both for $2.50

GS1.jpg

My finds this morning:

PA180191.jpg

The OC Season 2
$2
This is going to zia records later today. Hopefully I can get 5 or 10 for it...

PA180190.jpg

Zelda: A Link To The Past + Four Swords (complete)
Zelda: A Link To The Past Strategy Guide (still has poster!)
Metroid Fusion (cart only)
Donkey Kong Country (cart only)
GBA SP manual
$7

Picked out of crappy GBA games marked $5 each and CIF'd $7 for those 3. The strategy guide was included with zelda and there was a GBASP manual in the box.

PA180192.jpg

Piplup Plush!

Its winding down here so I only got 2 things:

A pac man arcade glass mug from 1982 : 50 cents

A Sega Genesis 6 button arcade stick - FREE (it was in the free box and the person said they didn't think anyone would want it!).

[quote name='SaraAB']Its winding down here so I only got 2 things:

A pac man arcade glass mug from 1982 : 50 cents

A Sega Genesis 6 button arcade stick - FREE (it was in the free box and the person said they didn't think anyone would want it!).[/quote] That's weird. It seems to be picking up here and was winding down in the summer.

Mario superstar baseball (GC)
Mario Golf toadstool tour (GC)
Mario party 5 (GC)

All mint and complete, looks like they were never played. Guy wanted $10 a piece, managed to get him to $22. Good thing is right after that i had to cash a check and the teller accidently gave me a extra $30 bucks!!! :D

newest finds (click pics for bigness):

GEN Toxic Crusaders (missing manual), $1
GEN The Simpsons: Bart vs. The Space Mutants, $1
DC Shenmue (missing manual), 50c
GEN Vectorman, 25c

DVD Grounded For Life, Seasons 1-3 (3 is sealed)
DVD Degrassi: The Next Generation (sealed), all for $20
DVD The 10th Kingdom, $1

3 empty UMD cases, 75c
UMD Assault on Precinct 13
UMD Halloween
UMD Hellraiser, all for $12

BD Superbad (has bonus disc, movie disc missing), FREE
BD 21
BD Closer
BD The Exorcism of Emily Rose
BD Curse of the Golden Flower
BD Finding Neverland
BD Robocop, all for $60

BD Dragon's Lair, $8
BD Spider-Man 3, $3

NEC TurboGrafx-16 in box (missing power supply and Keith Courage)
w/TurboTap
w/Blazing Lazers Hu-card, all for $5

total: $112.50

the Blu-rays were obviously the bulk of the money spent. favorite thing this week was the TG-16 (my fourth boxed system!). i have enough extra PSUs and copies of Keith Courage to complete the set, but i was a little bummed that the box is so faded; the sides are very discolored, and only the back looks nice. i was also pleased to find the Grounded For Life boxsets for such a nice price -- my wife and i love this show.

looks like several of us got some nice stuff this weekend. glad to see it. here's lookin' at next week...

bread's done
Back