Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

I was halfway through typing everything up in narrative form when my browser crashed, so this will be far less epic.

Misc items:
Spider-man Venom Maximum Carnage -- $0.25 ("Any video games?" "Just this one." "How much?" "A quarler?" "Let me grab my change from the car...")
GameCube Controller $1 ("$30 for the system and 2 controllers, huh? How about a buck for one of the controllers?")
Sega Model 2 w/ CD Model 2 $3 ("Any games for this?" "No." "Hows $3 sound?" "Fine!")

First sale:

2560320606_1f938fcc02.jpg

The community sale was a bust, this was all that they had. Only 5 or so houses had stuff out (not the 50+ advertised) and this was about 15 minutes after starting. At the first sale, a woman was desperately clinging to Pokemon Ranger marked $3 and a couple of PSP games marked $7 each (Shoot.), shaking the eight year olds there down for more games ("What else d'ya have? Pokemon Green? Hawmuch? $15, peh, give it to me for $5"). I passed on a FirePro Wrestling for $7 (isnt it that much new?) and bought the 2-disc edition of Ice Age for the stickered $2. At a nearby sale, I got a sealed Mike Judge Collection Vol. 1 for the same price...since my dad always used to watch Beavis and Butthead, I'll probably mail it to him for Father's Day.

No games!

2560320564_ea4fda2f78.jpg

I asked about games at an unadvertised sale after following some signs, and the husband went into the house and came out with about a dozen Xbox games and told me he wanted a dollar each -- more than fair for what I ended up getting.

In hindsight, I should have taken the entire lot of Xbox games since they were all mint, but a lot of them were either lower-calibre or shooters that I know I would never play. So I grabbed the SW 2-Pack game, Nightmare Before Xmas: Oogie's Revenge, and Halo 2 for $3 total.

2559498579_694d9f65e0.jpg

I stopped by one unadvertised sale on the same street as an advertised one to which I was traveling. I immediately put back a dusty Sega Genesis with 2 sports games and Altered Beast when I was told it was $10 firm. "I also just sold a ton of Playstation games!" Shoot.

Well, at the advertised sale, a woman with a thick Spanish accent overheard me asking for games (they had none, saldly) and told me that she had just bought a large box of them from a curmudgeonly woman who refused to split up the lot. Taster's choice, a buck apiece. I offered her $5 for 9, she said she couldn't because she was sending them back to her home country. So I picked two more and gave her $10 for 11 of them, -- not a bad deal, either, for some near-mint, complete games.

Alien Trilogy
Chess
Final Doom
Game of Life
Medal of Honor Underground
Quake II
Tetris Plus
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Resident Evil 2
Soviet Strike

Total $10

2560320764_69198ffc32.jpg

I asked about games at one sale...they said that they had some, out (I hadn't seen them) and poked around to help me find them...inside of a bag in a box full of action figures. I peeked in, saw a couple of decent PSX titles (complete non-GH Reloaded ftw), some lackluster N64 stuff...and complete Nintendogs? I offered $5 for the bag, they took it eagerly.

PSX:
2Xtreme
Crash Bandicoot
Die Hard Trilogy
NBA Live 98
NHL 99
Re-Loaded
WCW vs the World

N64:
A Bug's Live
Pokemon Stadium x2
WCW vs Nitro

NDS:
Nintendogs Dachshund & Friends

Total: $5

2560320824_b6ab158b93.jpg

I saw the box of N64 stuff under a table, picked it up, figuring that I'd get it for $5...the games I offered a couple bucks each for (there were more), but they were firm at $5 apiece. Since they were RPGs, I figured it was worthwhile...especially so when I got them to throw the N64 stuff in with it. However, the salerunner had to consult her son, who, apparently, was a big RPG fan...

PS2: All complete and in great shape:
Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Evergrace
Grandia Xtreme
Grandia II
Summoner

N64:
Hey, You, Pikachu! (w/ mic adapter)
Ms Pacman Maze Madness
Pokemon Stadium
Rally Challenge 2000
Rayman 2
Super Smash Bros.

$30

2560320880_93190a76cc.jpg

So, after that first lot, they told me that they had more games and to check back tomorrow. But after a beat, the son asks me if I want Super Nintendo games.
"Yes."
"RPGs?"
"...definitely." (I need to remember to bring my poker face to yard sales)
He came out with a shoebox-sized bin of games, asked $5 for each. I peeked in, quickly counted easily over 15 games, saw both FF's and Earthbound, and offered him $30 for the box. He countered with $40, I told him to throw in Dark Cloud and he had a deal. 27 games, SNES hookups/controller, N64 memory card...averaging just over a buck per unit.

SNES:
Doom
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Earthbound
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Illusion of Gaia
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Starfox
Super Game Boy
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
Wheel of Fortune

N64:
Excitebike 64
Lamborghini Automobil
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Paper Mario
Quest 64
Super Smash Bros. (yes, he had a 2nd copy)
Twisted Edge

GB:
Dr. Mario
F1 Race
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Tetris

PS2:
Dark Cloud

$40

2560320984_8897e58d03.jpg

They were asking $15 for this, I offered $10 for the system and game and they took it eagerly. All cables, 2 controllers, a multitap, LAN adapter, and Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked. They had some garbage PS2 games but Sonic Adventure and Super Mario Sunshine for GC...but its a good thing I checked the boxes, because they turned out to be empty.

$10

2559498767_acf2962468.jpg

After deciding to call it quits at 1ish (I would later head back out to hit those last two sales, but I really had to go #2 and hadn't eaten or drank anything besides a protein shake), I passed a sale on my way home. I stopped, and poked around a little...and saw a little bag in the corner, familliar SNES cables hanging out. I peeked in and saw a cracked SNES, half a racing set, Maximum Carnage, and frickin' CHRONOTRIGGER. I offered the sale runner $5 which she gladly accepted.

I'm tossing this foot pedal thing out since its just going to be in the way, unless someone messages me immediately wanting to pay me to ship it to them.

$5

2559498941_3f50f54d98.jpg

Mega Man X
The 7th Saga
Earthbound
Soulblazer
King of Dragons
Samurai Showdown
Tetris Attack

A huuuuge stack of comics, there must be at least 50 there.

At the last sale I dropped by, an unadvertised one I swung by just for the heck of it, I saw a table of SNES, PS2 and Xbox games and comics. He was asking $1 a game and $0.50 per comic, so I CIF'ed $20 for the entire lot of comics plus the non-sports SNES games. It was weird that he let them go for so cheap, considering that he was telling me how he tracked Chronotrigger down on eBay. But, yes, this was awesome. They're primarily Marvel/DC titles and all in great condition.

Plus, I just added quite a few rare games to my collection. =)

TOTAL: $20

2560321046_a68a652c47.jpg

Okay, this was actually the last sale. No games, I asked for some, they had some mediocre PS2 titles but wanted $3 apiece and I had already spent a LOT today. CIF'ed $1 for this brand-new LOST book, should have picked up their $5 fondue set, but where would I have put it?

Also, I got two leads -- phone # and list of 30 NES games that one of the salerunners sister's would likely let go for $20, and a business card for the friend of another salerunner who was hanging out when I asked about games, said he had a ton and to call him in about a week.

Awesome day, I spent all the cash I had allocated, and tomorrow I'll be heading out again to revisit a sale that promised games on Sunday (they had a ton of video game mags and a lot of gothy stuff like HP LoveCraft novels, so I'm really hoping to find a Silent Hill or some other nice survival horror games), as well as that church sale.

And to think, I just recatalogued my SNES games yesterday...and now I've got another 25+ to clean, test, and add. ;) I really need to find a better storage solution for them, because today will push me past the 200 mark for individual games in my collection and dangerously close to the 100 mark for spares.

Great job Slim -- I'm amazed you ended up with TWO copies of Earthbound not to mention Soul Blazer & Illusion of Gaia. Hopefully, that kid with the SNES RPG's isn't too broken up by that (oh well).

[quote name='karkyco']
#3 are a couple of the games I don't recognize (besides the Dragonball Z game)...anyone have any ideas what these 2 on top are??? I guess I will have to play them to figure it out.

[/spoiler][/quote]

The titles are:
Top-left: Honoo no Toukyuuji Dojji Danpei
Top-Right: Yu Yu Hakusho
Bottom: Dragonball Z Cho Butoden (Super Butoden)

Neat finds! I'd love to see some Famicom stuff in the wild.

Only one thing for me today ended up with a perfect mint baldurs gate Dark Alliance 2 for ps2 for 7 bucks

[quote name='guyinga']Great job Slim -- I'm amazed you ended up with TWO copies of Earthbound not to mention Soul Blazer & Illusion of Gaia. Hopefully, that kid with the SNES RPG's isn't too broken up by that (oh well).[/quote]

Heck, I would hope not -- he's the one who wanted to sell them! They were older, too, late teens/early twenties. The one I ended up giving $70ish too for those two lots was bragging to his mom about he had now made more that day than she had.

Today was lackluster, but I can't really complain after yesterday, although I must say that I am disappointed that I did so much driving for leads that fell through. The family from yesterday didn't find their stuff, and the church sale lady must have been either mistaken or lying about the games, because all they had was some shitty PS2 sports game and a NES World Championships cart (not the super-rare tournament one, the silly sports game one). The old folks who were checking on their sons PSX/2 games had put everything out, but they wanted $3 game and they were primarily shitty sports titles; I didn't bother asking about the consoles.

At a local unlisted sale I stopped by, though, I got a complete/mint NES Action Football for $1...that was their lone NES game (what's with these families having exactly one CIB NES game and nothing else? Reminds me of the Tetris from last week). And like I said last week, I can't say no to complete NES games. =)

2561554070_05777e09b7.jpg

They said $2, I CIF'ed $1, they accepted. No other games, apparently -- although apparently it was sealed until very recently, the salerunner's youngun' apparently opened it up. =(

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']
They said $2, I CIF'ed $1, they accepted. No other games, apparently -- although apparently it was sealed until very recently, the salerunner's youngun' apparently opened it up. =([/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, it's not worth anything sealed, A woman at the flea market near me has tons of sealed copies of it.

Anyway, sales for this weekend were amazing. I decided I should start posting pics because I always hit the sales and read this thread but never post, so here we go:

2561795092_92befb35da.jpg

Nintendo Wii, Brand New: 200.00
Gamecube Mario Party 7 Bundle (2 Controllers, MP7, Mic, Memory Card, RF Cord, 2 AV Cords, Power Cord, and...a Game Shark for N64): 12.00
Zack And Wiki: 12.99
Hot Shots Golf PS1: 1.00
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes: 5.00
Aqua Teen Zombie Pro Am: 3.00
Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons (x3) GBC: 3.75 each
Dragon Warrior 3 GBC: 3.75
Mega Man Xtreme GBC: 3.75
Tom & Jerry GBC: 1.00
Daxter PSP: 3.00
SNL: 25 Years Of Music Box Set: 8.00
TI-89 Titanium Graphing Calculator: 2.00

Ok, The Wii was at the Flea Market, no idea why the guy had a new Wii and only wanted 200.00 but who am I to ask questions? The Gamecube bundle was originally 15.00, tried for 10.00, Settled with 12.00. 2 bucks for the calculator! Seriously, it retails for 150.00! That's my best find this weekend...Major profit margin right there! Zack and Wiki came from a Pawn Shop, it's new, it was sitting with a bunch of 20.00 third party shovelware games. Diamond in the rough? You betcha!

2561795718_bbffc5c4c8.jpg

Nintendo on the Left w/ Excitebike: Free
Nintendo on the Right w/ 9 Games, 4 Controllers and Zapper: 5.00

The free NES came from a yardsale where I asked if they had any games, she pulled this out of her garage and said she didn't know if it worked and that I could just have it. Comes with a Genesis Power Adapter and a RF switch. The second one, I left the sign on top, has a 5.00 sticker and a hand written sign that says: 9 Games, 4 Controllers, Gun, WORKS!. Nothing special in the game department, Zelda, Mario, Ducktales, the norm. But hey, 5 bucks!

2560972251_ea241382e2.jpg

Didn't even bother to organize it yet, it's filthy. Lots of controllers and such. Anyway, 22 Atari games, 5 Genesis games (MK2 case is empty), systems, controllers, etc. The seller wanted 7.00, which was already a steal, but offered 5.00 just for the hell of it.

2561796914_b9aa5f50c7.jpg

Tandy computer, lots and lots and LOTS of floppies! 4.00 for the lot...Now where to put it? eesh!

2561797796_d277f9009c.jpg

The rest.

7 Car CD Player Faceplates: 5.00
Power Rangers Toys: 16.00 for everything
CDs, DVDs, VHS: Most of these were .50 each
Bobbleheads: .25 each
Puzzles: .25 each
Killer Instinct 2 Arcade Strategy Guide: .25
Calculator: 1.00

Check out that dog bobble head, it's says "Doogie Secretary" on it, not Doggie...Doogie. It's a secretary with a freakin dog head! I bought it for my wife to take it to work, she won't do it. :(

Rest of this stuff is just to ebay, figure there's gotta be buyers who need CD faceplates and Power Ranger stuff sells well, so I'll give it a shot.

Can't wait till next weekend!

Some of these hauls are just absurd....I will just have to wait my turn. Cmosfm congrats, all that stuff would fill up my tv area lol and yay on the Wii u need to get some RE4 in your system.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Don't feel bad, it's not worth anything sealed, A woman at the flea market near me has tons of sealed copies of it.

Anyway, sales for this weekend were amazing. I decided I should start posting pics because I always hit the sales and read this thread but never post[/quote]

Nice, I'm a thread noob this year also!!

Heres a picture of my xboxes i got yesterday for 20 bucks. The duke controller works but wires are loose so im gonna have to fix it.

1zmi061.jpg

Decent day yesterday. First sale my sister and I hit with an advertised Neo Geo Pocket/Dreamcast was a bust, as the woman's husband apparently pulled the items at the last minute (Note to self: RSVP). After that we hit up two neighborhood sales. At the first stop, we hit on an X-Box going for $50. Tried $30, seller (a teen girl), wouldn't go lower than $45. Eventually left and came back several hours later, CIF $40 and she took it. Not the best deal, but the thing looked brand new, I'd been wanting one for a long time and had zero success on ebay and Craigslist, so I figured what the hell. (Although the soon-to-be super X-Box above puts mine to shame!) There is something weird though that I noticed when I got home. The cord on the official X-Box controller has the same logo as the third-party controller, while that controller has an X-Box cord. Both controllers work fine, so I'm wondering why someone would switch the cords.

1000268pn8.th.jpg

X-Box w/ 2 controller: $40

Next up we hit the sale closest to us, which was mostly a bust (lot of old people in our neighborhood), but at one of the early stops we had some luck. My sister saw some expensive art pencils and a notebook, so I grabbed a Squaresoft Collector's CD out of a bin of crappy PS1 games and gave my sister $2 to CIF the lady running it. Fortunately my sister was more on the ball than I was, as she remembered to ask the lady if she had any additional video-game stuff she wanted to sell. The lady passed us off to the homeowner, who told us she had one thing left inside, which she said might be a little scratched but she thought worked. We naturally assumed it was going to be another kids game, but since she offered it for free we decided to stick around. The lady comes out of the house holding a bag which turned out to contain a PSOne, two controllers and two memory cards! We took it home and fired it up, the thing worked perfectly! Best score we've had this summer.

PSOne w/hookups, Squaresoft Demo Disk, Two Controllers, Two Memory Cards: $2

The last couple I bid on went for $50-70, usually with a bunch of crap games. I know it was too much, but it completes my last gen-trifecta, and I have a ton of Goozex points burning a hole in my pocket, so I figured what the heck (A bird in the hand and all that). The thing was immaculate, and if it ended up not working, it's a heck of a lot easier to drive 5 minutes and try to get my cash back. If I come across a cheaper one, I'll just ebay it and recoup the loss. I have a bad habit of spending a little high on systems I'm interested in, but now I'm ready to play hardball with any others I come across!

Sadly on my Xbox set up i forgot to give the kid 2 more dollars for 2 more controllers and an extra set of av/power cables.

I went to one final sale today and recieved

1 PS1 no cords
1 SNES no cords
1 N64 power brick
1 N64 controller (great stick)
1 Toobin - NES(TENGEN)(I have been looking for this)
1 Ducktales - NES
1 Super Mario 2 - NES
1 Little Nemo Dream Master - NES
1 Tetris - NES
1 Nes Play Action Football - NES
1 Dr. Mario - NES
1 NES open - NES
1 MVP Baseball NES
1 John Elway's Quarterback - NES
1 SEE THROUGH BLUE NINTENDO brand Game case
CIF $5.00

an ok deal. but by far the most sports games i have ever gotten in a NES lot.

[quote name='Splatoon']The last couple I bid on went for $50-70, usually with a bunch of crap games. I know it was too much, but it completes my last gen-trifecta, and I have a ton of Goozex points burning a hole in my pocket, so I figured what the heck (A bird in the hand and all that). The thing was immaculate, and if it ended up not working, it's a heck of a lot easier to drive 5 minutes and try to get my cash back. If I come across a cheaper one, I'll just ebay it and recoup the loss. I have a bad habit of spending a little high on systems I'm interested in, but now I'm ready to play hardball with any others I come across![/quote]

If your luck is anything like mine you will find several Xboxes next week for $5. If there is an item i am looking for for a while I usualy breakdown and buy it for market price then find several copies for dirt cheap within a week! It sucks, lol.

You guys get lucky alot. Ive gotten to the point were it isnt worth asking about games at garage sales as for some reason the guy that runs the game store gets to all the sales before me :(. So i get lucky when i come across these things. As the kid i got my 2 xboxes from had about 30 xbox games that, that guy took but he didnt take the xboxes. he took my gamegear too :(.

[quote name='dodgeme']You guys get lucky alot. Ive gotten to the point were it isnt worth asking about games at garage sales as for some reason the guy that runs the game store gets to all the sales before me :(. So i get lucky when i come across these things. As the kid i got my 2 xboxes from had about 30 xbox games that, that guy took but he didnt take the xboxes. he took my gamegear too :(.[/quote]

I have to deal with the sasme thing, but I'm fighting between 2-3 resellers, and 3 game stores!! thankfully they have been getting out of bed later than usual lately!! I usualy dont run into the "I just sold my games" untill about 10am.

[quote name='Sinnbox']If your luck is anything like mine you will find several Xboxes next week for $5. If there is an item i am looking for for a while I usualy breakdown and buy it for market price then find several copies for dirt cheap within a week! It sucks, lol.[/quote]

Undoubtedly. It was just one of those cases where desire overrode common sense, and like I said, there's always ebay for any future finds. Oh, and apparently I've also got some competition, as a few of the people I talked to said they had other people ask for video-game stuff (although they didn't have any, so at least I didn't miss out on any big scores!).

I'm not sure if I'm running into the reseller problem or the neighborhoods I'm going to just don't have much. I mostly go to neighborhood sales and don't hit a lot of individual sales right now. I also wonder if video games just aren't that popular here in Fort Wayne. I've always had small amounts of finds, never like anything that some of the people here get. That is after hitting three and sometimes four neighborhoods in a day.

One thing I've been wondering is the about the main days you have most of your sales. Here in Fort Wayne there are a few sales on Thursday with the main sales starting on Friday. Is this the same for most of you? I just graduated and now have to find a job. I'm going to have to stop yard sailing since it really isn't worth going out on Saturdays in my area. A neighborhood sale starting out on Saturday isn't very common in my area. I love being able to go to yard sales, but it will be difficult to find an IT job that will that will allow me to continue yard saling.

My find from Saturday morning although not anywhere near as stellar as other this weekend...

We'll once again there was no big story here. I went to a HUGE sale for the local Humane society. The catch is that I never saw anything for this. I got there are 9ish after I finished the local larger town for the day. This was the only game that they had left there:

Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World

It was a dime so I saw no reason to CIF...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2563039894/

This was an odd sale. This was inside a mobile home that guess these people were moving out of. I looked around and initially saw the 2 game boy colors. They both worked as well and had a game in them. I also spotted a sealed box of The Lion King movie trading cards. I then also found a complete boxed set of Basic Dungeons and Dragons Beginners module. The dice are still sealed in the plastic. So lets' recap:

Baseball (GB)
Pink GBC
Teal GBC
Sealed box of Lion King trading cards
D&D Beginner B2 Module Complete

I ended up CIF'ing $3 for hte entire lot of it and it was taken. Not bad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2562214229/

This was another no story find. Worms 2 for PC for a quarter sitting on a table. Yes, I'll take that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2562214411/

Once again though, I have to give some congrats on the dual earthbound copies... That is phenominal. I hope to get some good deals again around here soon. I am almost starting to get discouraged :(

[quote name='erehwon']I'm not sure if I'm running into the reseller problem or the neighborhoods I'm going to just don't have much. I mostly go to neighborhood sales and don't hit a lot of individual sales right now. I also wonder if video games just aren't that popular here in Fort Wayne. I've always had small amounts of finds, never like anything that some of the people here get. That is after hitting three and sometimes four neighborhoods in a day.

One thing I've been wondering is the about the main days you have most of your sales. Here in Fort Wayne there are a few sales on Thursday with the main sales starting on Friday. Is this the same for most of you? I just graduated and now have to find a job. I'm going to have to stop yard sailing since it really isn't worth going out on Saturdays in my area. A neighborhood sale starting out on Saturday isn't very common in my area. I love being able to go to yard sales, but it will be difficult to find an IT job that will that will allow me to continue yard saling.[/quote]

McVans in known to send out game hunters, the new store on Lima may do teh same thing. I live inbetween Bluffton and Decatur and I have heard that McVans even sends people down here.

[quote name='kube00']Cmosfm nice find how much total did you spend?[/QUOTE]

No clue, 300-400? I go out every weekend and usually spend between 100-300. haha

[quote name='Sinnbox']McVans in known to send out game hunters, the new store on Lima may do teh same thing. I live inbetween Bluffton and Decatur and I have heard that McVans even sends people down here.[/QUOTE]
That's just great to know. I have to deal with all the other ebayers, flea marketers, and now them as well. I didn't know they had a new store on Lima. Where is it?

[quote name='erehwon']That's just great to know. I have to deal with all the other ebayers, flea marketers, and now them as well. I didn't know they had a new store on Lima. Where is it?[/quote]

It's not a McVans, I'm not sure what it's called, but i hear it has high prices, and a crappy selection.

There is also a guy from New Haven that runs a fleamarket booth, I ran into him once and he hits all Fort Wayne, Decatur, Huntington, Berne, Bluffton, plus all the Pawns weekly. I'm not sure how he does it I know he has a son or two that help him. I havent seen him since march though so i'm hoping he tired or my area.

finds0i4r.jpg

Stuff for today:

Dreamcast with controller and power cable - $3

Silent Scope gun for Xbox - $5

Mojo - $3

Mega Man 2 - $3

Zelda - $3

Punch Out - $2

Gyruss and Tetris - $3

Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 4 - $5

Shadowrun - $2

Sega CD and Saturn games: Dracula Unleashed, Die Hard Arcade, Corpse Killer, Mad Dog 2, Loadstar, Lethal Enforcers 2, Who Shot Johnny Rock, Crime Patrol - $20

Toe Jam and Earl - $2

Loose Genny model 1 + Ren and Stimpy, Sonic 1, Aladdin, SF Championship Edition, Moonwalker, bubsy and LHX Chopper - $5

Not pictured: 5 genny controllers + 7 games including Rocket Knight Adventures - $5

I'm going to go crash, but I wanted to throw a link to my craigslist find from yesterday. You have to go a couple of posts back where I give the background. Long story short, this woman is splitting with her husband and selling his stuff, and listed electronic games for sale on craigslist.

I took a shot since she was nearby, and she had a huge CD case full of PS1 and PS2 games. This was my score of the century...I had the huge comics score from the swapmeet as a kid in the late 80's, and this is my big score for this century. I think I'm going to retire.

I just need her to find the damn cases for the games, as well as any more she has. Note she couldn't find the "Playerstation that plays the games".

$100, and there are probably at least 100 games in this CD case (though there are a bunch of multi disc PS1 RPGs, so I don't know the exact number). I will have to make a complete catalog/list of what's in it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4460585&postcount=447

[quote name='Kuros']
finds0i4r.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ahhh dude...quick note.
That Sniper Rifle sucks. I bought that when it came out with Silent Scope Collection and it never really worked. Out of SS 1, 2 and 3...the gun only seemed to partially work on SS2. It was a horrible purchase. Good luck to you!

[quote name='karkyco']I'm going to go crash, but I wanted to throw a link to my craigslist find from yesterday. You have to go a couple of posts back where I give the background. Long story short, this woman is splitting with her husband and selling his stuff, and listed electronic games for sale on craigslist.

I took a shot since she was nearby, and she had a huge CD case full of PS1 and PS2 games. This was my score of the century...I had the huge comics score from the swapmeet as a kid in the late 80's, and this is my big score for this century. I think I'm going to retire.

I just need her to find the damn cases for the games, as well as any more she has. Note she couldn't find the "Playerstation that plays the games".

$100, and there are probably at least 100 games in this CD case (though there are a bunch of multi disc PS1 RPGs, so I don't know the exact number). I will have to make a complete catalog/list of what's in it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4460585&postcount=447[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good find, even better if she can find the cases. Basically an instant PS1 RPG collection. I would say it is worth what you paid. Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II can go for quite a bit by themselves.

[quote name='karkyco']I'm going to go crash, but I wanted to throw a link to my craigslist find from yesterday. You have to go a couple of posts back where I give the background. Long story short, this woman is splitting with her husband and selling his stuff, and listed electronic games for sale on craigslist.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4460585&postcount=447[/quote]

The husband is going to come back with a shotgun, thats a life time worth of quality rpgs in there

[quote name='nickmad']Ahhh dude...quick note.
That Sniper Rifle sucks. I bought that when it came out with Silent Scope Collection and it never really worked. Out of SS 1, 2 and 3...the gun only seemed to partially work on SS2. It was a horrible purchase. Good luck to you![/QUOTE]

I figured, for $5, it's still rather cool.

That Sniper Rifle sucks. I bought that when it came out with Silent Scope Collection and it never really worked. Out of SS 1, 2 and 3...the gun only seemed to partially work on SS2. It was a horrible purchase. Good luck to you![/quote]
believe it or not, it works great with House of the Dead 3

That Sniper Rifle sucks. I bought that when it came out with Silent Scope Collection and it never really worked. Out of SS 1, 2 and 3...the gun only seemed to partially work on SS2. It was a horrible purchase. Good luck to you![/quote]

Must've gotten a bum rifle, mine works fine.

[quote name='Splatoon']Decent day yesterday. First sale my sister and I hit with an advertised Neo Geo Pocket/Dreamcast was a bust, as the woman's husband apparently pulled the items at the last minute (Note to self: RSVP). [/quote]
Are you in Rochester? I saw that sale advertised too, but all the big neighborhood ones were on the other side of town.

Ugh, I loathe that. One time, I emailed someone who mentioned video games at their sale to ask what they had...and they responded with a list including Silent Hill and most of the PSX RE's...and the husband kept them all at the last minute. :mad:

2 Eartbound copies in one week is unbelievable, I have only ever seen one at a yard sales/flea market

Finally back from vacation... Tons of sales ~70 but not a lot of games

Madden 92 Genesis
Madden 93 Genesis
Lime GB Color
Pokemon Pinball
THPS2 GBA
4in1 Fun Pak
$5

Seinfeld Seasons 1-3
$5

PS One with LCD Mint
Memory Card
Tetris Plus
Wheel of Fortune
Namco Museum Vol 3
$8

Small Soldiers GB
Tarzan GBC
Jurassic Park: Lost World GB
$2

Super Monkey Ball Toy
5 Sonic Toys
Super Mario All Stars/SMW
$1.75

Pokemon XD
Top Gun GC
Rug Rats GC
Sonic Mega Collection GC
XGRA GC
Pokemon Leaf Green
Pokemon Fire Red
Spider Man 2 GBA
Star Wars New Droid Army GBA
TMNT GBA with Manual
2 Pokemon Mini Games with 4 carts (not sure what these are)
$20

Atomic Runner Gen
Virtua Racing 32X
Sonic
Sonic 2
Jeopardy Gen
Wheel of Fortune Gen
Wheel of Fortune Sealed
NBA Jam TE 32X
WWF Raw Gen
Paperboy 2 Gen
Bugs Bunny Double Trouble
NFL95
Aladdin
Fahrenheit CD32X
Double Switch SCD
Double Switch SCD Sealed
Rise of the Dragon SCD
Sewer Shark SCD
Sonic CD
$4

I think I got a bad haul last weekend...

Rome:Total War = 5$
Starcraft + Expansion = 3$
Gamecube w/o remote = $15
Atari Flashback 2 = 6$

29$ ...Yeah...I need some bargaining skills help.

I went to one yard sale today, and only got one thing.

Hearing a 7 or 8 year old ask what a dollar is- Priceless

Now, if the kid was 3, 4 or maybe even 5 that would be acceptable, but this kid was 7 or 8 and didn't even know what a dollar was. The lady at the sale just said "It's a hundred pennies, or 4 quarters" and I said "10 dimes". Some other lady pulled out a dollar bill and showed her, and it was just funny.

[quote name='videogamemaster']I went to one yard sale today, and only got one thing.

Hearing a 7 or 8 year old ask what a dollar is- Priceless

Now, if the kid was 3, 4 or maybe even 5 that would be acceptable, but this kid was 7 or 8 and didn't even know what a dollar was. The lady at the sale just said "It's a hundred pennies, or 4 quarters" and I said "10 dimes". Some other lady pulled out a dollar bill and showed her, and it was just funny.[/quote]

LOL, that is crazy....A sale on a Wednesday? = almost as crazy.

I finally got another story from last week up...

I originally went to this sale around my lunch time while I was at work. I asked if there were any games available and after stopping to think for a moment, the woman running the sale said that there were but she had to get them out of the house. She asked if I could come back later and I said that was fine.

I show back up and there is a box with "all the video game stuff I have" I take a quick peek in hte box and immediatly offer $2 for the whole box. She took it. Now what was in the box? Well...

6 back issue of Nintendo Power
Back issue of Tips and Tricks
Back issue of Gamepro
3 issuees the Uncanny X-men
1 issue of Catalyst
2 game boy magnifiers with lights
1 rechargeable battery pack for GBA/GBC
1 Ni-Mh/Ni-Cd battery charger
1 GBA codeBreaker
1 Super Mario Adventures Comic Book
NBA Jam (Gen)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Wheel of Fortune (Gen Complete)
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past + Four Swords (GBA)

I didn't even see the Zelda cart in the box but it was definatly a nice haul for $2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirpkered/2572915042/

bread's done
Back