Official 2008 Yard Sale Thread

Well, I can see mid-week sales - especially toy-heavy sales - being increasingly common through the summer since the kiddies are out of school.

Took last weekend off for weather; taking this weekend off for my parents visiting from out of state.

Well, went all over today, but only found a couple of things.

Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Carrying Pouch
NBA 99 Game Boy Game
All for 5 bucks. Originally the lady wanted 10, but I CIF'd 5 and she toke it. She also had a GBA, but wanted 5 bucks each for games and was rude,

[quote name='AquaHaute']Well, I can see mid-week sales - especially toy-heavy sales - being increasingly common through the summer since the kiddies are out of school.

Took last weekend off for weather; taking this weekend off for my parents visiting from out of state.[/quote]

Here the only Thursday sales are welfare people or old farts that have a bunch of 70's style furniture and clothes.

once in a while I find some sweet games at the welfare looking peoples houses.

I only hit 5-7 sales today and two of them "had games, but they sold earlier", one lady said her neighbor may be selling a PS1 and some games, so I left my number.

Only thing I got today was a 19 inch Magnavox TV for...FREE! She said the sound was crackling, but she also said it may have been the cable box attached to it. I tried it and haven't had any problems with it (yet :pray:), plus I can always run the sound through a stereo rather tahn using the TV speakers. It is in really nice shape and came with the original remote!

I put it in my basement with a Genesis...As long as it works after a couple of days, I'll hook up the NES, SNES, and TG16.

[quote name='slowdive21']I only hit 5-7 sales today and two of them "had games, but they sold earlier", one lady said her neighbor may be selling a PS1 and some games, so I left my number.

Only thing I got today was a 19 inch Magnavox TV for...FREE! She said the sound was crackling, but she also said it may have been the cable box attached to it. I tried it and haven't had any problems with it (yet :pray:), plus I can always run the sound through a stereo rather tahn using the TV speakers. It is in really nice shape and came with the original remote!

I put it in my basement with a Genesis...As long as it works after a couple of days, I'll hook up the NES, SNES, and TG16.[/quote]

LOL I got a TV in a similar fassion, My neighbor threw it out because it didnt work. I hooke dit up and it works great, The only problem is the cable input. So i just use rhhe RCA jacks and It works great!!

findsmxlfe.jpg

Great Craigslist deal. $10 for the whole lot. Mostly racing, but some good games.

Congrats, Conker's Bad Fur Day is worth more than $10 alone....and it's rare to see PS1 games in the old style boxes.

got a black gamecube with 2 controllers and all the hookups. she wanted $40, i countered with 'i can get one used for $25' and she said she'd take $20, so i got that. not a great deal, but i've been looking for a relatively cheap gamecube because i always find AMAZING games for kind of cheap and i don't have one to play them on. now if only i could get my stitches out so i could actually play........:cry:

Ehh, okay haul today...

SNES System (w/ all hookups)
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World (x2)
Zelda: LttP
Shaq-Fu (LOL)
Harley's Humongous Adventure
Spiderman X-Men Arcade's Revenge
Killer Instinct
Goof-Troop
Street Figher II
Tetris 2
Starfox
Madden 96
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Earthworm Jim
Extra SNES Controller
PS1/2/3 AV Cable (o_O?)
Regular AV Cable

for $12...not a great deal at all, but I've wanted to play some of the stuff, and I already had an SNES, so I can at least make my money back with the system...how much does an SNES go for nowadays?

[quote name='drtomoe123']Ehh, okay haul today...

SNES System (w/ all hookups)
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World (x2)
Zelda: LttP
Shaq-Fu (LOL)
Harley's Humongous Adventure
Spiderman X-Men Arcade's Revenge
Killer Instinct
Goof-Troop
Street Figher II
Tetris 2
Starfox
Madden 96
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Earthworm Jim
Extra SNES Controller
PS1/2/3 AV Cable (o_O?)
Regular AV Cable

for $12...not a great deal at all, but I've wanted to play some of the stuff, and I already had an SNES, so I can at least make my money back with the system...how much does an SNES go for nowadays?[/QUOTE]

Not a great deal? WTF?

That's a pretty good deal for $12. I sell SNES systems for $25 with 1 controller.

[quote name='Kuros']Not a great deal? WTF?

That's a pretty good deal for $12. I sell SNES systems for $25 with 1 controller.[/quote]

Well, I'm not really used to SNES prices, but after seeing the other posts here, it looked a little lacking, lol.

But anyways, that's good to hear! Hopefully they all work, I'm about to test them out, lol.

My first yard sale was a dud :(
The house the yard sale was a haunted house that my family use to live in O-O
ever since they passed that yard sale ordinance in my town, the only good ones are 10 miles away....

I had better luck yesterday than today. There really weren't that many sales today. I passed on a $30 snes with a bunch of games since it was incredibly dirty and didn't have any good games. I also passed on a $20 xbox since it had been opened. I have two already and I don't think I could get much for one, even if I modded it.

Yesterday was pretty good though. I managed to get an original DS for $15 from a estate sale. I've been wanting to find a DS for a while. I also picked up that afternoon the Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD box sets volumes 1-3 for $18.

Hit 9 or 10 sales this morning, but most of them 'already traded them in to gamestop'. I did get a NES with 2 controllers, no hookups, and Dr Mario cart only for $3. The 'Latino guy' who buys video games already hit all of the sales (some of them an hour before they opened). The only one he didn't get to was the one I got the NES at.

Sega Saturn, 2 controllers, missing a/v cables
Virtua Fighter 2 (Cardboard Sleeve)
Daytona (Cardboard Sleeve)
Preview Disc (Cardboard Sleeve)
Wanted $3, offered $1 because of the missing a/v cable.

Any suggestions on finding a/v cables for the system? Can probably test it off of the S-Video port.

12 NES Carts all Complete
TMNT
Double Dribble
R.C. Pro Am
Zelda
Kings of the Beach
California Games
Pinball
Double Dare
Skate or Die
Skate or Die 2
Excitebike
Golf
$5

Scored after I asked about games. They said no, but I walked around to check some other things out. As I was walking out the wife said she sent her husband up into the attic to get their game stuff.

On top of what I got, they had a NES system with hookups and controllers, original Gameboy with a few games, and Atari 2600 with about 20 games too. Probably could have gotten it all for around $25, but just didn't want to deal with the Atari stuff.

Anyone out there that messes with Atari games/systems? Are they $worth$ picking up at .50 to 1.00 per cart?

3 PS2 Games & 1 DS Game
Bloodrayne
Time Splitters
We Love Katamari
Hannah Montana (DS)
$17

Hit about 10 sales and saw jack,
30 miles later...sigh

I did just miss a DVD-R recorder for $5

And I was NFS Carbo 360 and Katamari Damancy for $10 a piece she said $15 I countered with $5 she wouldn't budge and I left.

[quote name='willc23']

Anyone out there that messes with Atari games/systems? Are they $worth$ picking up at .50 to 1.00 per cart?
[/quote]
My understanding is that most games go for about $0.50 - $1.00. However, recently a CAG member picked up an atari 2600 cart that turns out to be worth around $700.
Couldn't hurt if it's cheap.

[quote name='willc23']Anyone out there that messes with Atari games/systems? Are they $worth$ picking up at .50 to 1.00 per cart?
[/QUOTE]

Atari games are pretty hit or miss. They'll either be worthless, or worth hundreds. It's a good idea to get a general scope of the rare games, and keep an eye out for them in specific.

Went back out and got Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 1. Marked $2, didn't bother to haggle. $2 was a damn good price and I wasn't gonna argue.

Finally got around to registering for this site even though Ive been looking at the yardsale forum for the past 2 summers. Havent found any yardsale stuff yet but I hit up goodwill at least 3 times a week. My GW use to sell games for $3 apiece but just today bumped it to $4 for some reason (still not bad though). For $21 (this is not a one day find) ive gotten kirbys dreamcourse, super mario world, super mario allstars, and mario paint no mouse for snes, tomb raider the last revelation, silent hill gh, and re2 dual shock edition for ps1. Today I bought Final Fantasy 7 for pc for $4 but its the Eidos Platinum Collection version which ive never seen before. All the disks are basically scratch less and are in the original little cardboard folder/sleeve thing. Anybody know how much this versions worth?

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']how do you guys usually find out about yard sales?[/quote]the weekly paper and trading papers
i dont know what you call them in your area but in WV we have "The Trading Post" and "The Ol' Mountain Trader"

SNES Model 2 with 1st Party Controller & Hook Ups
1st Pary Playstation Controller (Analog)

$5

Found this in a box about a half hour after this sale started, also had an N64 with hook ups 2 baseball games but no controller marked $5 that I passed on. When I brought this stuff up to the lady running the sale she seemed really nice and made sure I knew that the SNES didn't have any games with it. I offered her $5 for both the SNES & PSX controller which she took, I was thinking about offering 2 or 3 for the SNES when I first saw it and picked it up but when I see stuff reasonably price and if the people selling seem nice I won't always shoot as low as I might otherwise like if the stuff seems questionable, missing a cord, something that might not work etc.

Tiny Toons Adventures ACME All-Stars (Genesis Boxed)
Ren & Stimpy: Quest For The Shaven Yak (Game Gear)

$2

Asked about video games at this sale and the lady running the sale said she had a few systems with a bunch of games she didn't bring out and said that they were going to sell them on eBay but offered to bring them out to show me. She brought out one of those clear bags that blankets come in with an N64 with a few controllers, Nomad & Genesis 3 along with a few Game Gear games & probably about 25-30 genesis games. I looked though the stuff and picked out these 2 games and offered her $2 for them as I didn't feel right offering something like .25 for each game with the trouble I had this lady go though bringing this stuff out for me to go though. 1st time I've seen a Nomad in the wild in years I tried it out on an extenion cord and it didn't seem to work the screen didn't show anything and the power light didn't seem to light up but flickered when I turned it off. I don't know for sure if it was the actual system that was broken or it was something else like the extenion cord not getting enough juice but the screen was rather scratched up and I could hear some small loose pieces shaking inside so I didn't bother making an offer for it as it would have been a backup system anyways. Really didn't see anything special that I didn't have amongst the non sports, good/good uncommon games in the bunch. A few better games I remember Mortal Kombat II, III, Sonic 3, Rocket Knight Adventures, Two Crude Dudes, Leathal Enforers II, The Incrediable Hulk. It was kind of sad seeing a good number of Genesis games and not seeing any earlier 1st party Genesis games (stuff like E-Swat, Last Battle, Mystic Defender etc.) as I am always glad to pick up such games if I see them complete but have them cart only.

Arch Rivals Acrade Machine

Free (Or $5)

I saw this at a sale around 9:15 and asked about it as it didn't have a price or anything on it. The lady running the sale said she didn't know if it worked and that I could have it as they did want it out of the house. I plugged it in and it didn't do anything. I said I'd be interested but couldn't take it in my car. When I got home I ended up calling my one friend that has a truck and lucky for me he wasen't working and his wife was off too so he wasen't stuck at home with the kids. I told him about the machine and offered him $5 to recoup his gas to pick me up and go pick it up as it wasen't to far of a drive since the sale wasen't far from my place or his. Brought Arch Rivals back to my place and was happy to see that it works as either the extention cord wasen't getting juice or the switch in the back that I didn't notice when I first tested it was off. Sorry that the pictures are bad as the lighting in my garage isn't very good but in the front where the coins go is covered up and when I fired up the machine all you had to do was hit start. I'll probably try and take some better pictures within the next few days and will edit them in if I do. I always wanted an arcade machine and I was rather happy that it was free and worked as a few years ago I saw a Robocop arcade machine off to the side at a garage sale and when I asked about it it wasen't for sale and needed some work :(

Not a find but I though this was funny. Asked about video games at one sale and the lady said her son had some old NES stuff but he lives in Virginia? (This being in Pennsylvania) She made a call and he wasen't interested in selling, but then he calls right back and told her he would sell them for $5 a game I asked to double check if it was a newer system, nope Nintendo as in probably NES. I said I wouldn't pay that much per a game to which she said he would just keep them for his son then. I was thinking your dam right he will keep them and if he can sell them for that much he'll go out of state to do so :D

[quote name='karkyco']I'm going to go crash, but I wanted to throw a link to my craigslist find from yesterday. You have to go a couple of posts back where I give the background. Long story short, this woman is splitting with her husband and selling his stuff, and listed electronic games for sale on craigslist.

I took a shot since she was nearby, and she had a huge CD case full of PS1 and PS2 games. This was my score of the century...I had the huge comics score from the swapmeet as a kid in the late 80's, and this is my big score for this century. I think I'm going to retire.

I just need her to find the damn cases for the games, as well as any more she has. Note she couldn't find the "Playerstation that plays the games".

$100, and there are probably at least 100 games in this CD case (though there are a bunch of multi disc PS1 RPGs, so I don't know the exact number). I will have to make a complete catalog/list of what's in it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4460585&postcount=447[/quote]

Jesus!!!! Retire, indeed.
I got a sweet CD spindle full of PS1 RPGs 2 years ago (including Valkyrie Profile, FF7, etc) but even that doesn't hold a candle to this.

Here are some picks of my Thursday finds I posted earlier.

I also want to say that that arcade cabinet is an awesome find. I would love to find an arcade cabinet, but I'm not going to have room for one till I move out of my parents house.

:bomb:

Went to three sales and only got this:

WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain (PS2) - $2

The other two sales told me they had video games, but sold them yesterday. I'm afraid there's now competition in my own town....

I finally actually went yard sale-ing.

Got an old blocky game boy and super mario land for $1. I talked with the guy who was running the sale, he said he had some Amiga system and games, Atari, Nintendo and other stuff but he couldn't find them ATM.

I gave him my email and number and he said he'd call if he found them. Now, I never heard of this "Amiga" system but apparently lemmings first came out on it.

how rare is this system and the games? Hopefully he finds his old games and contacts me.

Also got a medium-large Hello Kitty and black teddy dog for $5.

At another yard sale, they said they had a bunch of games but they sold them yesterday to gamestop. All that was out was Frogger 2 for the PS1 which I passed on. Is Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge rare? I'm looking on eBay right now and i see all these listings with "rare!" in the title.

I'm about to head back out to some "multi-family" yard sale that I read about on craigslist. Hopefully I'm not too late.

Only got to check out about 5 sales due to a family crisis, but at the first sale I landed a decent deal.
I walked up to the lawn, and I saw Nintendo on the side of a box, and it was a n64 box. I asked about games, and he said there were a few inside of it. Here's what there was.
N64 System CIB with one or two controllers (didn't check yet), styrofoam, etc. Great condition, still has the $180 price tag on it.
Goldeneye CIB
Star Wars Rogue Squadron CIB
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire CIB
Quake II CIB
These are all in great condition, and have the cardboard insert and all the manuals/papers.
It was marked $20, but I offered $15 (forgot to CIF, doh!), and he hesitated a few seconds, but then seemed glad to accept.
I'll get pics later.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']I finally actually went yard sale-ing.

Got an old blocky game boy and super mario land for $1. I talked with the guy who was running the sale, he said he had some Amiga system and games, Atari, Nintendo and other stuff but he couldn't find them ATM.

I gave him my email and number and he said he'd call if he found them. Now, I never heard of this "Amiga" system but apparently lemmings first came out on it.

how rare is this system and the games? Hopefully he finds his old games and contacts me.

Also got a medium-large Hello Kitty and black teddy dog for $5.

At another yard sale, they said they had a bunch of games but they sold them yesterday to gamestop. All that was out was Frogger 2 for the PS1 which I passed on. Is Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge rare? I'm looking on eBay right now and i see all these listings with "rare!" in the title.

I'm about to head back out to some "multi-family" yard sale that I read about on craigslist. Hopefully I'm not too late.[/QUOTE]
http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-Amiga...yZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seeing that arcade machine brings back a bad memory...I was GSing with my friends (when I was in High School) and saw an acade machine on a treelawn. The owner said it works and everything, but the coin door had a broken lock. I asked how much and he said you can have it.

I was excited until I realised my Mom had taken the minivan and I had no way to transport the game. The guy said he will hold it for me, so I left and waited for my mom to get home with the minivan. 5 hours later I get the minivan and drive back to the house and I see a pickup truck driving away with the machine in the back. :bomb:

I don't know what game it was, but I think it was similar to astroids. It was really old and basic, no graphics on the side or anything.

Just came back from going out again for that multi-family yard sale. Two of the houses said their sons (middle aged) had older games but for various reasons their sons weren't there.

I left my email and number with those two houses. Hopefully I get a few responses.

Wow, that Amiga thing goes for quite a bit. I hope that guy finds it.

[quote name='joldko']http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-Amiga...yZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

Actually, that isn't what he was talking about. I believe the guy was talking about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_Amiga

I can't find any listing on eBay to find out how much they cost though. I'm pretty sure it's this one, because he stated that Lemmings first came out on it and according to wikipedia, Lemmings first came out on this system.

Anyways, *crosses fingers*

Today's garage sale finds!

Lot 1
Working PlayStation 2 (fat)
-2 first party controllers
-1 third party memory card
-1 first party memory card
Six games:
-Beach Volleyball: Summer Heat
-The Mark of Kri
-Tetris Worlds
-Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
-Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
-Onimusha

Total: $20

Lot 2
Working Genesis Model 2 w/ all hookups
-Turbo controller
-Super Battleship game

Total: $5

Lot 3
Working Game Boy
-Baseball
-Tetris
-Cool Spot
-Plastic cases for all three, as well as big Game Boy case

Total: $7.50

Lot 4

XBOX:
Azurik Rise of Perathia
Bloodwake
Shrek
Blinx (Brand new and sealed, Platinum Hits)
Blinx (opened, non-Platinum Hits)
Wreckless The Yakuza Missions
Dead to Rights
WWF Raw
Outlaw Volleyball
Mercanaries

PS2:
Jeremy McGrath Supercross World
Seek and Destroy
NASCAR Heat 2002
The Thing
Black & Bruised
The Mummy Returns
Max Payne
Spider-Man

GAMECUBE:
Super Monkey Ball
Shrek Extra Large
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Total: $10

Overall Total & Summary for the Day: $42.50 for 31 games, a PlayStation 2 (w/ 2 controllers & 2 memory cards), a Genesis (w/ 1 controller), a Game Boy, and a Game Boy case

Today was a good day for last gen gaming. All last gen games had cases, most had manuals too

Well, today was short and sweet. This was an awesome week, but expensive -- brought beer to a BBQ with my friends on Monday, went into the city with them for Coney Island and Kojima on Wednesday, and spent yesterday with my friends as well, we ended up going to GS and BB and I bought them a bunch of candy while flipping games and then BBQ'ed for them.

So, by this morning, I was down to $14 cash on hand, a couple of bucks in change, and couldn't find my ATM card. What a week. =D

2578280104_d7cfa04c91.jpg

So, let's see how I managed to stretch it:

Asked about games, the guy went inside and came out with about 12 NES titles. I offered him $5 for the lot, and he told me no less than $10 since "some guy on CraigsList" was offering him that. Instead of arguing that I was here and he wasn't, I just picked the best of the lot and CIF'ed $4.

$10 to go.

2577447195_545c6dee3f.jpg

Remember, if there's anything that you're interested, pick it up and DON'T LET GO. There were two boxes, one of PS2 games and one of Cube games, marked $5 apiece. I was thinking about the Cube stuff (everything was in great shape, but they were titles like Sonic, etc. that I already had) and what to offer while perusing the much larger box of PS2 titles, when someone came over and grabbed them all.

I initially offered $3 for these (total was marked $11) and we settled on $5. I forgot to check boxes in my haste, and didn't notice that Goblin Commander was missing the manual. Discs and boxes are mint, though -- but always open cases!

$5 spent, $5 to go.

2577447163_e70f939f39.jpg

I saw a bin of mixed Sega system games next to a box of NES games and sifted through them, the salerunner told me $1 each...there were a lot more Genesis games and some Sega CD and Saturn stuff, but it was all racing, wrestling, and sports titles.

I tossed the Genesis games into the NES box and offered $5 for everything; they told me that they wanted $25 for the NES stuff alone. Shoot, the system looked like it was in perfect condition, too.

So, I grabbed a couple of the better NES games and offered them $5 for those with the Genesis stuff and Saturn gameshark. "How about $7?" was the reply after a hesitation, but I told them it was the extent of the cash I had on me, and they accepted.

Unfortunately, Phelios was missing the cart. Once again, checking cases, lesson learned, I'm going to stop getting 3 hours of sleep before yardsales.

$5 spent, that's all my cash for today.

Good volume day. Maybe more to come later on.

Dirty SNES System, one controller, 2 generic golf games, broken RF
$2

NES System Complete w/2 controllers, 17 Games
Spy Hunter
Top Gun
Shinobi
Bionic Commando
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Ice Hockey
Joust
Dragon Warrior
Bases Loaded II
Major League Baseball
Super Mario 3
Super Mario Duck Hunt
Wrecking Crew
Burgertime
Excitebike
Superspike V-Ball
Cool box of Mario Fact Questions
NES Control Pad Repair Kit
$35

Definitely overpaid, but thought I saw a couple good flippers. System is in good shape, so should break even.

16 NES Carts
Tecmo Bowl
Tecmo Super Bowl
Roger Clemens MVP Baseball
Super Mario 3 x2
Tetris
Tetris 2
Gauntlet
Gauntlet 2
Jack Nicklaus Golf
Punchout
Blades of Steel
Double Dribble x2
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt x2
$15

Supposedly has lots of SNES carts to get rid of, but were at other house. Left number, although I have never had anyone call me after I left a number.

I got excited for one yard sale that advertised PS2 and Xbox games, only to find out they were all overpriced sports games. But then of course, after that every sale I went to had something gaming related.

PS2 total $5

Max Payne 2
Bully

Gamecube total: $10

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Worms 3D
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Call of Duty Big Red One

I almost got Metroid Prime with it all...but the kid decided he wanted to keep it last minute. Darn.

NES total: $5

One oven loader
two controllers
zapper
Super Mario 1/Duck Hunt
SMB 2
Blades of Steel
TMNT
Tetris
Pac-Man

SNES total $4:

Super Mario World (two copies)
Super Mario All Stars
The Flintstones
Mortal Kombat II
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Power Rangers
Justice League

PS1 total Freeish

Twisted Metal 4

The lady at this sale threw it in for free when I bought a couple of her CDs at a buck a piece.

That's it for games, but I did buy 12 CDs throughout the day, and a few books.

Total for the day 31 dollars.

EDIT: The NES doesn't work, the red light sort of blinks slowly on and off and the tv screen will go black, happens with every game. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Today I spent $30

I found a NES with 15 games and some various other videogame stuff in a bag. I asked what they wanted and the lady said they wanted $2 for the stuff, I said that's cool and grabbed $2 out of my pocket. The lady then said no, Now i want $2 per game....I said I would on ly give $10 for the lot, she said $15 for the games only so i accepted becasue there were several titles i didn't have yet.

Then I drove for 2 hours finding only overpriced or crap games and fought to dirve with old people and Amish parkign in various parts of the road. one old man almost hit me as he pulled from the side of the road by one sale as I was driving by, he stopped me at the next sale and stared cussing at me, I looked him in the eye and said "Sir, I think you should use a turn signal and stop swearing" that ticked him of, and the people at the sale were all laughing at him.

My last 2 sales were ok, I got 7 NES games for $5, and some sweet DVD/CD/Game Shelves that cost $90 at K-mart for $8!!

Sorry, im to busy to list titles or pics today.

[quote name='Undrallio']
EDIT: The NES doesn't work, the red light sort of blinks slowly on and off and the tv screen will go black, happens with every game. Any ideas on how to fix that?[/quote]
Common problem. Dirty connectors.
You can either purchase a new 72 pin connector off ebay (less than 10 bucks), refurb the connector (involves pulling the pins I believe), or just clean the games. You can blow on them, but over time that only makes the problem worse. Use some isopropyl alcohol and q-tips and clean the connectors.
And if you press reset/hit the nes lightly sometimes it'll start to work.

^^
0% for me. I've probably left my number 6-10 times in the last two years. I am hoping that it will change today though. The person that is supposed to call me lives in my neighborhood. Although that doesn't always work. I left my number with a neighbor that perpetually has yard sales, and said she had a ton of games to sell, but not one ring. I even stop by and she just apologizes and says that she hasn't gotten them out, but will get back with me.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Whats the average percentage of people that actually call back after you leave your number?[/quote]

I usualy get about 20% callbacks. I would recomend trying to get their number, that always works the best for me, you have a better chance of getting ahold of them, and since you dont knoow them you dont have to worry about ticking them off!!

Ick went to a huge apartment sale early b/c on CL they advertised ps2 stuff. Well there were some crummy pc games, and some overpriced vhs tapes. They did have a ps2 slim for $75 and the guy said make him an offer, but I felt bad lowballing him, so I just left.

About 20 miles later and an hr and 15 minutes and like 10 sales, nothing, just overpriced books and clothes.

bread's done
Back