Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

Just came back from a yard sale. After many previous and futile attempts, my fading spirit of hope finally started burning a little bit brighter. Found an Atari w/ 13 games for 7 dollars. Tried to CIF 4, but she was stubborn. Pics will come up later.

stopped at a yard sale today and found a small 12" color tv for $2 bucks. Looks nice on my desk.

might take a drive to the flea market in a bit see whats up there

I don't know what happened to the flea market thread......but........glad I went today

First I got these for $2 each

ezlb2s.jpg

Then..........I was digging through this lady's boxes and found this!

126fgxl.jpg

2pop5eh.jpg

344f9k2.jpg

Is it worth anything? It says it's from the "Pokemon Center in New York" I paid $3 for it.

It's one of the limited GBA's that you can only buy at the Pokemon Center store. I'm sure it is worth more than the average used GBA, although that one doesn't look to be in too good of shape.

Yea I know, there was black tape all over it, I put some fresh batteries inside and it boots right up, sound is clear on it too

[quote name='TiKi2']me too yard sales pick up in the fall.[/QUOTE]There are more in the summer, but still plenty in fall and winter. Its a nice 80 degrees out right now. :D

Nice find on the GBA. I remember seeing those back before the Pokemon Center became the Nintendo World Store. I think they were at least $20-$30 more than the regular GBA.

The best special edition I remember is the special gold GBA SP with the Triforce emblem on the top of it. That one was $150 I think. The same one with Miyamoto's signature cost $400 :shock:

NES stuff was $15, D&D game + Duke Nukem 3 cd set for $2, assorted controllers were $1 each, 2600 mini was $1, SF games were $4 each

finds110809.jpg

Zombies ate my neighbors
megaman x
megaman x2
megaman x3
super mario world
super mario all-stars
yoshi's island
cool spot
aero the acrobat 2
a few others
1 nintendo brand snes controller
SNES A/V cable (which I needed)
SNES power cord (which I needed)

mario kart 64
pokemon stadium
2 controllers
1 power pack

Random ghost in the shell dvd

Total?

$15 iap. I didn't bother to bargain.

From the past couple of weeks:

Debug PS2 model 50001 w/controller and hookups - $40

Blue wireless 360 controller - $5
Fable 2 (complete) - $8
SNES ac adatper - $2
PS2 Network adapter - $3
Felix the Cat and Contra Hard Corps - $4
NES Lot - $30 (keeping this, this is the cleanest NES i've seen in a long time)
3do controllers - $5 for the pair
Assorted N64 stuff, 3 games, Guncon 2s - $6 for the lot

The debug PS2 works great, it used to belong to Activision according to the sticker.

finds112209003.jpg

finds112209004.jpg

[quote name='Kuros']From the past couple of weeks:

Debug PS2 model 50001 w/controller and hookups - $40

The debug PS2 works great, it used to belong to Activision according to the sticker.

[/QUOTE]

If you want to part with that let me know. I'm serious.

I already miss garage sale season already. Too much competition on Craigslist and no good deals on video games at any of the indoor places.

Got this for my brother

80gig PS3 (non-bc)
hookups
2 Dualshock 3s

Blitz the League 2 (complete)
WWE SD vs RAW 2010 (complete)
Farcry 2 (complete)
Monopoly (disc only)

$200

[quote name='Kuros']Got this for my brother

80gig PS3 (non-bc)
hookups
2 Dualshock 3s

Blitz the League 2 (complete)
WWE SD vs RAW 2010 (complete)
Farcry 2 (complete)
Monopoly (disc only)

$200[/QUOTE]

Nice one.

today i got a wii fit board (that works) for $3
the kid decided he wanted an xbox instead so he was selling off all his wii stuff, but i just missed out on a rockband set at the same sale

[quote name='Blackout']I wish I could find an orange or blue N64 around here. Nice find.[/QUOTE]

Keep checking Ebay. I got one of the blue N64 with matching controller for about $16 shipped off ebay.

Ehh, garage sales are pretty much over here until April. I live in New York so I get the occasional estate sale in my area. I'm not by an upbeat urban area either.

finds121509001.jpg

$50 for the 35 Nintendo games here

finds121509002.jpg

finds121509003.jpg

finds121509004.jpg

$150 for this whole lot which included:

Vectrex with Cosmic Chasm, Tower of Narzod, Armor Attack, Ripoff, Solar Quest, Scramble
NES (Sold it already), 2 SNES systems, Atari 2600 (woody), Genesis (model 2), Saturn (model 2), Dreamcast (sports edition, kinda picky system)
Phantasy Star 1-4 complete, loose Super Mario 2, loose Shining Force 2, 5 complete NES games (DK Classics, Super C, Dragon Warrior, Xevious, Blades of Steel) and 4 common 2600 games

finds121509005.jpg

$12 for the Genesis/32x combo (hookups and controllers not shown), 5 for the Guy Game, 5 for COD4, 2 for King of Kings, 6 for Secret of Evermore

[quote name='phoenix529']Jesus, Kuros. Great finds! I see a couple things I would DEFINITELY buy off you(COD 4 and the DC come to mind).

Kudos, Kuros![/QUOTE]

Keeping COD4 as I want to try it and I gotta tweak the DC. It's really picky about games.

[quote name='Kuros']Keeping COD4 as I want to try it and I gotta tweak the DC. It's really picky about games.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for sharing the pics! Greatly appreciated. Super bored at work.

you guys have yard sales in the winter? or maybe some of you live down south. Up north here we get hammered with snow every year. No yard sales around until mayish.

Its very nice here in Arizona, about 50-80 degrees and sunny most of the time, but I've been too lazy to go yard saling, and the lack of good finds at yard sales the whole summer makes me feel like its not worth the time or waking up at 5 AM to fight mexicans and retirees for stuff that will make me a small profit.

My last finds of the year. Instead of going straight home from the gym the gf and I decided to check out a local dump that sells weird stuff:

gedc0080.png

Quiz Academy (PC), all brand new and sealed. I left 5 (FIVE) sealed copies of the very same game behind but I'm thinking of going back to pick them up in the new year just for the hell of it. Also, a DS cart holder.

But the find I'm most happy about, though not game related, was this:
gedc0081.png

A TURTLES MUG! Sweet mother of all that's good in this world, I love this mug to bits! And if Raphael isn't cool enough, the other side of the mug has these guys:
gedc0082.png

None other than Bebop and Rocksteady!

Final update for 2009

finds2009final.jpg

6 NES games - $3
Lufia 1 - traded my lufia 2 for it
Zelda and Zelda OOT - $5
Wing Commander - $5
SNES controllers - $5
Marko and 3 ps1 games - $10
Dragon Age PS3 - Trade

bread's done