Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

Nothing game related today. Saw a ton of $5 PS2 nonsense and the like, but nothing decent. I did score 5 boxed + one loose Super Go-Bots for $2. Also found a Mego Spock for $8. Not a crazy good deal like the Go-Bots, but was the first toy I ever bought with my own money as a child and first time seeing one at a yardsale. Guy was a collector and wasn't crazy with his prices. His initial asking was $10, which was still a good deal for a figure that old.

I skipped yard sales this weekend. I haven't had the energy to go out that early the last couple of days and there were wasn't much in the way of sales anyways. Better to save my gas for next week.

Went to about 25 yard sales. Only Two Had Games which were all overpriced video games. Hit up one of my local flea markets from 10am-2pm.

3557827092_d3bb648ac0.jpg

1) I first saw games at a table at the flea market and looked in a CD Book. I saw Parasite eve disc 1 and 2! Got them both for $6. I checked again later and it was fycken Disc 1 Of #1, Disc 2 of #2! Arggghhh
Total : $6

2) Walked around about an hour and a half later this dude had a huge as tent with games. Saw PS1 games $1-$5 in a box. Checked and saw.... Megaman Legends, Parasite Eve #1 Disc 2

Wow!!! I now see why the market has dried up on my "Old School Nintendo" business!!! I went to Vegas' only outdoor swap meet this morning. Remember how every other business was either t-shirts or every type of fruit and bean ever known to man?? No longer. There were about 10-15 tents that were nothing but games and gaming... and I mean hi-tech, hi-end commercial game sales. These people even had Nintendo 64 console packages in plastic. If anyone dreams of flipping or adding to their collection.. stay away from Broad Acres Swap Meet in Vegas. Even the Mom and Pop tents were ever bit as savvy as I was. I seen a young woman with a baby in her hand at a tent and thought I had a chance.... "How much for that.... Kobe Bryant Nintendo 64 game" .. "Oh, you can have it for $1.00" ... "Well, how much for that Conker's Bad Fur Day..?" "Oh, that's $45." #-oMind you, these games were just haphazardly put out with no rhyme or reason and she was dead on with the prices. The "commercial" places were crazy... they wanted $80 for Conker's with a bad logo and writing and $60 for N64 consoles. //
In related news, as my blog states, the rest of my day was filled with wasted time. Junk Sale after Junk Sale after Junk Sale.

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

• PS2 with controller, no cords, $10
  • PS2 with controller, all cords, network adapter, and ATV Offroad Fury 2, $25 CIF
  • Animal Farm DVD new $1
  • Pandemonium PS1 mint $1
  • Nascar Racing 2003 Season $1
  • Not pictured: two tall CD wire racks for $5 ea (needed them cos I'm running out of places to stash games!)
I found the second PS2 at a church sale fairly late in the day (by yard sale standards), around 11:15. It was tagged at $40. I would have totally passed over it if it weren't for the network adapter. I CIF'ed $20 and the lady asked me for $25, which I agreed to.

If you don't know why I picked up the Nascar game, you need to look at the Amazon prices. It was Sierra's last Nascar game and there is a huge modding community for it.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Wow!!! I now see why the market has dried up on my "Old School Nintendo" business!!! I went to Vegas' only outdoor swap meet this morning. Remember how every other business was either t-shirts or every type of fruit and bean ever known to man?? No longer. There were about 10-15 tents that were nothing but games and gaming... and I mean hi-tech, hi-end commercial game sales. These people even had Nintendo 64 console packages in plastic. If anyone dreams of flipping or adding to their collection.. stay away from Broad Acres Swap Meet in Vegas. Even the Mom and Pop tents were ever bit as savvy as I was. I seen a young woman with a baby in her hand at a tent and thought I had a chance.... "How much for that.... Kobe Bryant Nintendo 64 game" .. "Oh, you can have it for $1.00" ... "Well, how much for that Conker's Bad Fur Day..?" "Oh, that's $45." #-oMind you, these games were just haphazardly put out with no rhyme or reason and she was dead on with the prices. The "commercial" places were crazy... they wanted $80 for Conker's with a bad logo and writing and $60 for N64 consoles. //
In related news, as my blog states, the rest of my day was filled with wasted time. Junk Sale after Junk Sale after Junk Sale.

:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

That is awful. Whats worse is Conkurs bad fur day is only worth about $35 tops loose. It's alright though, that person will learn a lesson sooner or later. After a while when they see the games still sitting there and the reality sets in they'll lower the prices. Hopefully.

Theres a guy up here in the bingo flea i go to, he still has the same NES he had when he opened his booth back about 6 years ago. And crazy prices, $30-$60 for any game with mario on it.

Ugh, alot of online price match people in swap meet. Oh why oh why, do they have to be there? Rain down or sun burn (in other words fade) artwork case and putting in same price like amazon or ebay....It just out RAGE.

Anyways, just pick up Fallout 3 (PC) for $3 but i already have it for 360.
I have question
Are the codes could be use again or just once?
Is the game only have one disk or more?
Should i keep it or sell it?

Also, I passed up a MASSIVE Super Mario plushie today. It was probably 3 feet tall. It was $2. It was awesome, but I know that I have nowhere to put it, so I had to restrain myself from buying it.

ugh, today was pretty crappy. The forecast said cloudy with a 15% chance of rain for the city I was going to about 20 miles away, so I figured it shouldn't be too bad. Of course as soon as I get there, it starts raining.

I stopped at my first sale, asked about games, and they brought out an NES that looked like it had been sitting in the basement for several years with 2 games, Cobra Command and Wrath of the Black Manta. They asked $5, I shot back with $3 which they accepted, and that was it for the entire day. Almost every other sale closed down. About 25 minutes after we leave the city, the rain stops and the sun comes out.

In a probably-not-too-interesting turn of events, I started taking apart the NES to clean it, and found another game inside. RBI Baseball, on one of those weird black Tengen carts. I went to add it into my collection, and it turns out I already have the game, but on a regular gray cart. I just thought that was kinda odd.
rbi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cranguy']

• PS2 with controller, no cords, $10
  • PS2 with controller, all cords, network adapter, and ATV Offroad Fury 2, $25 CIF
  • Animal Farm DVD new $1
  • Pandemonium PS1 mint $1
  • Nascar Racing 2003 Season $1
  • Not pictured: two tall CD wire racks for $5 ea (needed them cos I'm running out of places to stash games!)
I found the second PS2 at a church sale fairly late in the day (by yard sale standards), around 11:15. It was tagged at $40. I would have totally passed over it if it weren't for the network adapter. I CIF'ed $20 and the lady asked me for $25, which I agreed to.

If you don't know why I picked up the Nascar game, you need to look at the Amazon prices. It was Sierra's last Nascar game and there is a huge modding community for it.[/QUOTE]

Nice find on the Nascar 2003. I have looked for it everywhere. I see literally every other Nascar Sierra game constantly. That one is a b--ch to find.

Been a bit since I posed anything on here but I'll post my past couple weekends:

3559673906_ac24b2e5b8.jpg

This was a nice haul. I was told to come back the next day originally when the husband would be available to dig out some video games that they had. I arrived and he and I looked through what he had and I got the following games:

The total price? $5.

3558868051_abe2ed51b2.jpg

The was a sale that I was asked to come back to as they would have the games out then. I came back and got a chance to look through what they had. I got the following:

Dragon Warrior 2 (NES)
Pokemon Red (GB)
Pokemon Blue (GB)
Pokemon Yellow (GB)
Pokemon Crystal (GBC)
Pokemon Silver (GBC)
Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA)
Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
Pokemon Ruby (GBA)
Pokemon Sapphire (GBA)

I ended up giving $14 for all of them together. I felt it was worth it.

3558872081_73b3e45613.jpg

This has probably been the best score so far this year for me. I went to this sale as it advertised some Nintendo Power Magazines for sale. I arrived and there were 2 large boxes of them for $7. I took them all and as he wouldn't haggle at all and then sorted them at home. Here is what there is:

Nintendo Power Mag Issues:

70-90
92-149
151-185
188-189

extra copies of 173, 174, 176, 177, and 178

also included were:

Nintendo Power Advance 1 and 2
Megatokyo Vol 1 with art print
multiple subscriber satalogs
Killer Instinct EYEDOL card
NES Link Animal Crossing e-Reader card
Ho-oh and Rapidash e-Reader cards
misc Batman comic

I feel that this will be a hard one to top for myself.

I had a couple more sales but nothing game related. Check my Flickr Page if your interested though.

Not much for me this weekend.

Gen 2 Genesis with Wheel Of Fortune 5.00
10" Mega Man 15th Anniversary 3.00
Baseball Glove 3.00

First one I went too this lady had a nice little GBA collection, but it was all overpriced. 5.00 a game and 30 for a gen 1 purple GBA. She had a list with all the games she had, but all the good ones were gone before the sale even started. I asked how much for all of the GBA stuff and she gave me prices listed above and said " I can get more on eBay, and later today when the kids start showing up" I said thanks and moved on.

What Nintendo power issues are KEY issues? (ie: collectible, have cards or inserts that people want?

On a related note...I bought 4 Nintendo powers for $1
issues: 211,215,216,235. 211 has a Pokemon ashcan comic vol. 5 in it. The issue also has wii stickers.

I left the damaged ones (torn up, subscription area cut off, etc). I did page through them to make sure there were no inserts or anything.

i just found out that issue 173 is a keeper for NP. it has the eon ticket in it. look it up on ebay. i found one for free at a garage sale last weekend.

also just got back for a pit stop.
found a Nomad for 12 (not that cheep but i wanted one) and DDR mario mix box and pad no game for 4 bucks. they will look for the game and get back with me (yah right)
now i'm off to check back up on a lady with a snes and nes that she wants to sell to me. hopefully its good stuff. i'll post pics later today.

EDIT: anyone know anything about getting battery packs for a Nomad? And no snes. the kid was a dick and didnt want to sell and even cried about it. ah well.

VG_052509_01_Shrunk.jpg

mario ddr (box and pad no game) for 4 bucks

nomad for 12. no battery. i would probably use it if i had a battery. ah well. i need to find more stuff this summer has been sucking.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Whoa, i would love love love to have a rrod 360 to tinker with, would you be willing to part with any at the right price?[/QUOTE]
thats the reason i got them, maybe fix it or at least try

[quote name='PotatoGuy']i just found out that issue 173 is a keeper for NP. it has the eon ticket in it. look it up on ebay. i found one for free at a garage sale last weekend.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I just checked both of them and saw that they both had the eon ticket in mint condition!

If anyone else has any other information on items that were included in nintendo power magazines, let me know.

I had some great finds today at the swap meet:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7093/img0177u.j...
I see gold cart OoT and Castlevania on his table. Ask for a price and he says $4 each, and I can't get him to go any lower than $7 for both. So, because I don't either of those and it's a pretty good price, I bit. He then goes behind the stand and pulls out boxes for OoT and Castlevania: Legacy of darkness (which I think is different than just castlevania for N64, correct me if I'm wrong.)
I think cool, and ask if he has any more games back there. He says no, but I have just the boxes for some, you can have them for 25 cents each. I figure they will just be average N64 game boxes, but the first one he pulls out is Secret of Evermore, then secret of mana, and I shit bricks. I get him down to a dollar for all of the boxes. After that, I see the Brain Lord box, and remember it was on his table, and it's an Enix RPG, so I go grab it. He gives it to me for $3.

So, for $11, I got:
Zelda: OoT Collector's Edition CIB
Castlevania cart only
Brain Lord CIB
Super Mario 64 box + manual
Zelda: Majora's Mask box + manual
Castlevania Legacy of Darkness box + manual
N64 system manual
Super Metroid box
Secret of Evermore box + manual + poster
Secret of Mana box + manual + poster
Donkey Kong promo VHS

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2138/img0179i.jpg
These come from a guy who runs a store with just a bunch of crap, he occasionally gets games in and saves them all for me because no one else buys them. He prices all games at $2 each.

So, for $4 I got:
Bio Hazard Battle CIB
Shadowrun CIB

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9319/img0181aeh.j...
The lady wouldn't go any cheaper than $15 for these three.

For $15, I got:
Super Mario Bros. 3
Kirby's Adventure
Pokemon Yellow

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/831/img0182k.jpg
Golden Sun actually has no game in it, someone stole it, but the guy just threw in the box and manual when I bought Guilty Gear.

For $3, I got:
Guilty Gear X Advance Edition CIB
Golden Sun box + manual

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/248/img0183r.jp...
Sorry for the bad pic, but that's Pokemon Emerald. It was originally $10, I offered $5 and he said 8, so I bought it for 8.

Busy weekend.

TMNT Tournament Fighters - $2

NFL QB Club, Pokemon Stadium and N64 system with 2 controllers and hookups (not pictured) - $5

Simpsons Game - $5

RE Archives book - $5

Zelda OOT, Yoshi's Story and Diddy Kong Racing - $15

SF Alpha 2 - $3

Point Blank 2 (sealed) and Point Blank 3 (complete) - $10

Crystals Pony Tale - $2

20 SNES games and 2 PS2 guncons - $25
Games included are: Rock n roll racing, Maui Mallard, super pinball, SM all stars, aladdin, cool spot, SMW, pilotwings, mickey mania, bassin's black bass, Speedy Gonzales, star fox, pitfall, big sky tropper, final fight, tin star, kirby superstar, college slam, jurassic park and kirby avalanche

finds052409001.jpg

finds052409002.jpg

Kuros, is it possible to play PS1 and PS2 shooter games on the PS3 with the PS3 guncon? I have been wondering this for a while but don't have a PS3.

[quote name='Mirpkered']Kuros, is it possible to play PS1 and PS2 shooter games on the PS3 with the PS3 guncon? I have been wondering this for a while but don't have a PS3.[/QUOTE]

I dont have a ps3 either.

so...I headed out this saturday and my alternator goes out on me!! I spent all morning fixing it. as soon as I get it fixed my friend calls me and tells me that he found a garage sale that had SNES games for $2 apiece Here is what i missed!!

CIB Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana With Manual
Ogre Battle with manual
Harvest Moon with manual
plus tons of less pricey games with manuals!!

I went over to look at his haul later...everything was in mint condition, the Chrono Trigger even had all maps, and the box was pristine!!
DANG!!!

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']and DO have exact change.....if you haggle and pay with a higher bill such as 20 they'll get angry[/QUOTE]

I have never had a problem haggling to get an item for $5 then using a $10. now if you're like my lieing competition and say I only have $5 then pay with a $10 you'll get people pissed. I have seen people do that before.

If you say something like "I shouldnt pay more than $5 for that" and pay with a $10 they usualy wont get mad at you. I do it almost every saturday. I think most people around here bump prices up just because they know people like to haggle. the only people that get mad around here are the people that are selling sega genesis systems with 1 game for $75 and get mad when I tell them that the game store sells them for $20 with several free games.

If beat to shit segas and nintendos for $75-$250 and up that are "rare and hard to find look it's the hope diamond!!!11111" is what you're after, craigslist cannot be beat. Mark my words on that. I bought my sega genesis type 1 for $15, in my eyes, that's reasonable. $15 and under if it's a system i don't have or I want, i'll get it.....

but yea like you said, 75+ for an outdated sega, no thanks.....

Over here haggling is somewhat of a courtesy, depends on who you're dealing with.

Well my Gf went out to a yardsale to get some Cloth Diapers for the bay lol. She ended up picking up
Ace Combat 6
Sonic The Hedgehog No Manual
And Saints Row for $1 a piece.
They were beat to hell so I had em buffed. Hopefully they all work now

a yard sale is being advertised about 45 minutes away from me and they are saying they have 75+ NES games for sale. i'm wondering if it's worth it to wake up early tomorrow to head up there and check it out...

[quote name='Mizzou75']a yard sale is being advertised about 45 minutes away from me and they are saying they have 75+ NES games for sale. i'm wondering if it's worth it to wake up early tomorrow to head up there and check it out...[/QUOTE] You could always try calling / emailing and asking if you can come check them out today.
Do they call the games old nintendo or something like that, or NES? If they call them NES it probably means they will be higher priced.

[quote name='darkslime']You could always try calling / emailing and asking if you can come check them out today.
Do they call the games old nintendo or something like that, or NES? If they call them NES it probably means they will be higher priced.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the title is "HUGE yard sale nintendo nes games" and in the text it says "nintendo nes games." i'll shoot them an email

My city had their annual city-wide garage sale a little while back, and I've made it a tradition to scour the sales for games. Unfortunately, it seems this year dealers are getting to the games earlier than I am, and people are wising up about ebay pricing. I can't tell you how many sales I've got to and either people have already sold their stuff, or want outrageous prices for them. Reading through this thread, it seems several of you are running into the same problems.

Anyway, onto the haul so far this year.

DSCI0017Medium.jpg
I picked up this NES Advantage for $1 CIF. I've wanted one since I was a kid, but never had one. The lady originally wanted $10 for it, but it was pretty late in the day when I got there, and when I pulled out the dollar, she took it with little hesitation.

DSCI0016Medium.jpg
Dragon Ball - The Saga of Goku
Vectorman CIB
$5

This was a pretty sweet deal. If you know me, you know I love Dragon Ball, and I've been looking for a copy of the first 13 episodes for a while. They're so heavily edited and poorly dubbed that I didn't want to spend too much money on them. When I rolled up at this sale, I found the DVD set right off the bat. I snatched this up right away, and when up to the guy running the sale to ask about games. He brought out a box full of loose sports games, a boxed Sonic 2 and boxed Vectorman. I pulled out Vectorman and asked how much he wanted. He said he didn't know, so I gave him five, which he happily took. Hindsight says I should have given him more, or at least taken the Sonic 2, but I'm pretty happy with what I got.

DSCI0014Medium.jpg

Populous
Super R-Type
ActRaiser 2
$9

Milon's Secret Castle
$5

These were actually from a flea market that I went to after I got done Garage Sailing. Populous and Super R-Type were marked at $3 each, and ActRaiser 2 was $5. I CIF'd $9 for all of them, and to my suprise, the guy actually bit.

Milon's Secret Castle was from another dealer. She had a stack of NES games marked $5 each, all common games, most of which I already had. Oddly, she had Mario/Duck Hunt behind glass marked as "RARE GAME! $25":roll: Anyway, I only wanted Milon, so I tried to get her to come down a little by offering $3, but she held firm. I paid the asking price, which I didn't mind because it had the plastic sleeve and manual.

DSCI0013Medium.jpg
Street Fighter 2 CIB
$5

NBA Jam CIB
T2 The Arcade Game
$.50

Jurassic Park
$1

Street Fighter 2 was a fleamarket find. It was from a dealer I'm very fond of. They always have great prices, are very friendly, and are genuinely nerds about gaming, which is hard to find with dealers. I always pay asking prices with them, beacuse it's usually fair. SF2 has a pretty beat up box, but I don't really care because I'm not looking to sell it.

NBA Jam and T2 were both games I wanted as a kid. I found them in a box in a lady's driveway. NBA Jam is totally complete, it even has the plastic covering them game inside the package. They weren't marked, so I had to ask. She said 25 cents each. I paid right away. Of course I'll take two games for 50 cents!

Nothing special about Jurassic Park. Found it marked a dollar and just paid for it. I was getting late in the day and I didn't feel like haggling.

DSCI0012Medium.jpg

Bust-a-Move 3
$8

Galactic Attack
Robotica
Virtua Fighter 2
$10

NiGHTS
Free

Bust-a-move was found in the dirt mall from a shady dealer. It's marked $12.99 (on a sticker that I can't f%*#king get off!), but I asked how much anyway. He looked at it, and said ten. I noted the case had broken hinges and it's hard to get replacements. He said he couldn't go lower than ten, and I stared walking away. He called after me that he'd take eight, so I went back and bought it. I didn't really want to spend more than five, but he kind of guilted me into buying it. I won't go back to that dealer again.

Galactic Attack, Robotica, Virtua Fighter and NiGHTS were all bought at the same sale. They belonged to a lady's son who had moved out a couple years ago. The lady said she was glad someone else would get enjoyment of of them. Only Galactic Attack, Robotica, and Virtua Fighter were on the table, marked $5 each. I CIF'd $10 for all of them, and she gladly acceped. Later, as I was getting into my car, she ran out with a copy of NiGHTS and handed it to me, saying thanks for stopping at her sale. She was really nice!

DSCI0018Medium.jpg

Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
$1

Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Final Fantasy III
$9

This is pure bragging, since I got these deals at least two years ago. I was a big fan of Zone of the Enders, and I had both games until tough times made me sell them. I easily re-aquired the first ZOE, but The Second Runner was much more difficult to find. Two years ago I was at a garage sale picking through sports games when this gem popped out at me. I quickly paid the dollar and smiled all the way home.

The three RPGs I got five years ago. I was still in high school, and I was in the marching band. we had a saturday practice before a competition, and we had a lunch break. A few friends and I were walking to the store when we passed by this garage sale. We decided to go in, and I saw these games right away, marked $3 each. I knew what gold they were even then. I bought them without hesitation. I went without lunch, but it was soooo worth it.

So thats all for now. Sorry it was so long, it'll be shorter next time, I swear.

I just got back from three yard sales that were going on today. It was pretty much a bust, as all I saw gaming wise were kid's PC games that were scratched up for a quarter. I did pick up one of those metal folding guitar standswith foam support bars for $1, just for my Rock Band guitar. I looked over a Mac video card the guy had for $2, but it didn't look all that new, so I passed.

Visited a sale today after work about 9 a.m. (sale started pre 8) ad stated video game systems...well, someone beat me to most but the home owner pointed out a 3DO console still there. I've never seen one and it upon glance looks like a old VHS player to me...
It is console only but we plugged it in...wallah the disc tray opens with the game D inside...! $4 (down from $5 due to lack of controller)
Ebay has some controllers listed (even new ones)...should I go this route or do members here have any other advice/source to buy a controller?
Thanks in advance... doin the happy dance on this one...:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

oh and I passed on a $1 Madcatz PS1 dance pad (mint) ... should I go back for this? no PS1 dance games yet...
duh, it works on PS2..going back right now...whew still there and picked up DDR Xbox mint/complete $.50

Nice steal on the 3DO donut. I got one in the box last year with a few games. Controllers shouldn't be that hard to get. Games are cheap enough too.

Went out today to a sale that advertised games. Same sale as last year, but they had more PS2 then. No good titles. Just missed some Star Wars titles for original Xbox. They were all marked $5 each.

Won't have an opportunity to make it to any of the other sales this weekend. Dang.

Found Warlords and star wars for the 2600 and wizards and warriors III for 4 total on lunch break today. they had systems but were asking 50 for genesis and 40 for nes. wanted to tell them to sit and spin. I'll post a picture if i find anything tomorrow.

I recently volunteered for our local SPCA garage sale. Mostly helping set up sort things ect. Anyhow while i was there I came across a Snes with a bunch of games and being it was by donation I offered $20.oo The lady in charge said i was doing so much work i could have it for $10.oo. NO argument there.

Well since then i sort of went a little crazy looking for snes stuff online and in classified and stuff. Thats when i found this nice little thread. Now i had been to the site before but always as a lurker after reading through this thread i felt i would share my finds (as other around me seem less than impressed about it).

Anyhow this is my finds so far this year.

picture.php

The Snes came with 21 games two working controlers a super game boy and Poke Blue cart.
Beauty and the Beast
Brain Lord
Donkey Kong Country
Flinstones
Home Alone 2
Legend of Zelda
Lufia 1
Maden 94 (cib)
Mario Paint (no mouse/pad)
Motral Kombat 2 (box no inst)
NCAA basketball (CIB)
NCAA Football
NHL 96
Romance of the three Kingdoms 3
Shadowrun
Streetfighter alpha 2
Super All Stars with mario world
Super Pinball
Super Tennis
Utopia
Vortex

Went to about 25 sales but picking were slim.

DK bongos unopened -$5 no game version
Philips 14' LCD - $4
Yellow GBC with Zelda Ages $4

One Sale had a N64 with about 30 games but it was all packaged weird. Bags with 5-6 games marked $25-40. No mix and matching no single sales. Controlers sold seperate from the system. The weirdest thing was about 5 pokemon games seperate from the N64 Transfer pak Seperate from the pokemon stadium game with no gameboy in sight?!? The only person at the sale was an old lady and she said she could not discount it cause it was not hers. Total for all the gear was $150-200= pass by me.

Also at a thift shop i was looking for anything game related, i almost left when i saw the Aura Interactor. It was $10 with no returns if it did not work, i took the chance. I had to go to work so i could not test it all day.
When i did get home to try it i seen from the manual it was CIB! I hooked it up the SNES and slammed in Street Fighter II. Well it appears to be working fine but dam if that is not one of the worst noises i have ever heard coming out the back of this thing. It seems this is normal with these though.

aura interactor commercial If anyone care to see it in action,as it were.

Not picured here is my Watchmen Graphic novel. It was a buck.
a Spare set of gamecube cables for a buck...the a/v cable fits the snes too.

All told not bad for $35.00

I also have a rather minty Superscope coming in the mail with a Japanese copy of Darius Twin both CIB for $45 total + shipping.

I got about 70 games for $60 today mostly NES stuff. There were about 10 CIB games and the rest had something missing whether it was the box, manual, or slip case. Nothing too terribly great but I do love me some complete NES games; they are so nice to look at. They had some other stuff too (genesis, playstation, etc) but nothing of interest. I think I saw a disc only copy of Dino Crisis and Rebel Assualt II. I offered sixty for everything (100 games) the said no, then I tried offering sixty for just the NES stuff. They countered with $70 and I told them all I had was sixty and they took it. Here is some of the games I got in box

Bionic Commando
To the Earth
Mission Impossible
Knight Rider
Zoda's Revenge
Sesame Street ABC
Nascar Challange
Solstive
Play Action Football
Tetris 2
Mach Rider
Rad Racer

Then about another 50 incomplete games. I was having a little bit of buyers remorse at first but after doing some math I think I'll be okay.

YARD SALE FINDS:

HAUL 1:

GBA cart only:
Spiderman Mysterio's menace
ready to rumble boxing round 2
metroid fusion
shrek hassle in the castle
dragonball z game (label is ripped where the rest of the name is)

Leapster cart only:
kindergarten
spiderman the case of the sinister speller
learning with leap

Leapster SEALED:
scooby doo spooky snacks

PS1 complete:
arcade's greatest hits longbox
namco museum v. 1

PS2 disc only:
rugby 2004

ALL FOR $5 TOTAL.

HAUL 2:
PS1 with cords and 3rd party memory card
N64 with jumper pak, av cable
NES toploader with RF cable and mega man 2 cart only

ALL FOR $7 TOTAL.
Just bought this for the toploader.

N64 clear purple controller - $1

Doom 3 CB XBOX - $2 (cute little kid convinced me to buy this >>)

DK64 + goldeneye cart only - $3

Donkey Kong plushie - 50 cents

After one of my first trips out this year not too much.

I got Breath of Fire 3 for the PS1 for $5.00 after lady misread the label which originally was $15.00 and I got Jurassic Park 3 dvd for $2.00

Yard sale finds for the week

Sale 1
Kingdom Hearts 1 - $1

Sale 2
TLOZ: Wind Wanker - $1 for some reason this is the first time I have ever found this game at a garage sale, I am slightly disapointed that the case art was messed up because I was wanting to replace my personal copy that was stolen when I was in college.

Sale 3
Mario Kart 64 - $1 for some reason I find a copy of this almost every week

Sale 4
Paperboy 2 & Animaniacs(SNES) $1 apiece

offered $2 instead of asking price of $7

Sale 5
Baulders Gate: Dark alliance I&II $5 apiece, I had to talk the lady into breaking apart her xbox bundle then offered $5 apiece when she said $10 apiece.

Sale 6
Street Fighter II Video Strategy Guide $.50

Sale 7
Dark Rift(N64)
Arc the lad complete goodie box(they had sold the game and abunch of other rare PS1 titles before I got there.
$4.28(sales tax???WTF????)

Sale 8(local game store)
Paper Mario(64) CIB $22+tax

Sale 9
NES:
Gyromite
Super Mario 2
kid Kool
Super Pitfall
Golf
Bad Dudes
Rampage
Contra
Batman
Operation wolf
Infiltrator
Mario/DH(thankfully only one this week!!)
Mike Tyson' punchout
TMNT
Nintendo World cup
Bayou Billy
Bart Vs. the world
Bart Vs. Space Mutants
MLB
1 game with label torn off
1 DH GUN

SNES:
Mario All*Stars
Ms. pac-Man
Donkey Kong Country
Stanley Cup
Zelda
Black Bass
Nigel Mansell's World Championship

I offered $10 the lady said $20
we settled on $15
I didnt take any of her systems because they looked like they were once part of a peanut butter and jelly sandwitch!! EWWWW

the lady said they were her grandson's but she was tired of having them in her closet!! WOW!!

I also noticed several bugs crawling in these carts..may have to let them sit on the deck for a while.

I also grabbed Champions of norrath, Return to arms, and God Of War II from blockbuster for $10.

I am verry happy, lately my town seemed dried up, but today was amazing!!!

dsc05108s.jpg

Friday's Finds:

Game Boy Advance SP w/ Charger, Headphones, Link Cable
Shark Tale
SpongeBob SquarePants Double Pack
Total: $8

Sony PlayStation: $1

Cloudy day, not rainy, but bad enough to scare people off from sales. Found these at the same neighborhood sale. I was pretty happy with the price on the GBA SP, I didn't have one of them yet. I just have to get the heart painted on it off somehow. Haven't had a chance to test the PS1 yet, but I have plenty of accessories for it from a couple weeks ago.

dsc05109.jpg

Saturday's Finds:

Batman Forever
Disney's Aladdin
Jurassic Park
Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure
Primal Rage
Super Game Boy
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Off-Road: The Baja
WWF Super Wrestlemania
Total: $5

Super Mario Bros. 3
007 Tomorrow Never Dies
Army Men: World War - Land, Sea, Air
NCAA Gamebreaker 2000
Syphon Filter 2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Total: $5

Cheap SNES games are always nice to add to my collection, and the PS1 games will all be good to include when I sell the system that I found on Friday. Just like Friday, these were found at houses right next to each other, which is always nice.

Not much today as my son had a Baseball game at 10:30. However I got a a copy of Super Smash Bros. and Mario Golf both for the N64 5.00

Found an old guy with a box full of Original Game boy games, Tetris, Alleyway, some Pokemon etc etc he wanted 3.00 a per game. I told him they were worth .50 each to me and he said no so I walked away.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Not much today as my son had a Baseball game at 10:30. However I got a a copy of Super Smash Bros. and Mario Golf both for the N64 5.00

Found an old guy with a box full of Original Game boy games, Tetris, Alleyway, some Pokemon etc etc he wanted 3.00 a per game. I told him they were worth .50 each to me and he said no so I walked away.[/QUOTE]

just a tip, instead of saying that you will pay .50 per game find 8 games you want and offer $4, 4 seems like a lot more than $.50 even though he is getting the same amount of money per game.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Not much today as my son had a Baseball game at 10:30. However I got a a copy of Super Smash Bros. and Mario Golf both for the N64 5.00

Found an old guy with a box full of Original Game boy games, Tetris, Alleyway, some Pokemon etc etc he wanted 3.00 a per game. I told him they were worth .50 each to me and he said no so I walked away.[/QUOTE] I would've grabbed at least Pokemon. That's a good deal for $3, they sell for $15 on ebay.

I went to some sales today, ended up spending too much but got some decent stuff.

First sale:
  • PS1 system with controller, hookups, 2 mem cards, and about 8 common games - $5
  • Silver GBA SP - $5
  • GB Games: Mega Man III, Mario Tennis, Wario Land 3, Tetris - $1 each
  • GBA: Golden Sun - $1
The PS1 is actually the semi-rare SCHP 1001 model, which supposedly has superior audio output or somesuch. Kinda neat. The GBA SP had no charger, but I can use my DS charger so it's coo'.

Next sale:
Saw a big ol' pile of games, nothing great but some decent. I said how much for all this, he goes "uhhhh..." and I whip out a fiver. Works like a charm.
  • GBA: Zelda 4 Swords/LTTP, Rocket Power, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
  • GB: Men In Black, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Gold, Terminator 2
  • Xbox: Unreal II: The Awakening, Mortal Kombat Deception
  • PS2: Music Maker, Mojo (both sealed)

Long story short, this last guy had a ton of NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis games but wouldn't budge from $5 apiece. I just picked two, and for some reason decided to give him $20 for a SNES.
  • Genesis: Contra Hard Corps (complete) - $5
  • NES: TMNT: The Arcade Game - $5
  • Complete SNES System w/ 2 controllers & hookups - $20
I had a "what was I thinking" moment about 2 minutes later but oh well, now I have a SNES. It works fine so it's alright.

Gotta sell the PS1 and maybe the Pokemon games and get most of my money back.

At least 75 sales but a very crappy game day

Time Crisis 3 CIB with Guncon
$5

Mario Kart GBA
$1

Mario Party CIB
FZero 64 CIB
$8

Mario Tanuki McDs Toy
2 Snork Figures
Donkey Kong Stylus

115 CDs including tons of Kiss, Beatles, Clapton
$20

Silence of the Lambs Criterion
Robocop Criterion
Royal Tanenbaums Criterion
$5

Got some great deals this week.

Pulled this out of a $45 N64 lot. I offered $3 just for Mario Kart 64 w/ manual. She took it.
mariokart.jpg

Next sale I saw these for 50 cents each. I figured the Game & Watch/Sonic might be worth something. The Sonic is worthless, but it turns out the Game & Watch is worth like $40. Score.
gamewatch.jpg

Snagged this like new Transformers DVD for $2.
TRANSFORMERS.jpg

The next sale I went to, I asked for games and a kid came out with some N64 games. He didn't want to sell a lot of them, but he had some valuable games (very excellent taste). I offered $10 for what he had, which was like 13ish carts. His dad was like "That is worth $80 on the Wii!!11". Bought Glover for $2 because I'm nostalgic for it. Asked him if he had anything else. He went in and pulled out some Wii/GameCube games, all complete and in fantastic condition.

(Dance Mat not pictured) Snagged all this for $30:
gcwii.jpg

Last sale I found had these, $5 for the lot. They both work. They through the C++ book in for free because we were talking about how his son was a programmer or whatever while his wife was getting these inside.
nes.jpg

bread's done
Back