Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='zero_bit']Going Saling this weekend for the first time in 2 years. First time doing it in Portland, so it should be interesting. I took quite a hiatus from the hobby but I'm back baby.

Shaq, you should give us more story! CIF? Did you have to ask to get most of the stuff or was it out? What were the sellers like? Give us more info![/QUOTE]

Well, ok... I was looking for games but didn't find any. I then saw a PaRappa The Rapper figure. On closer inspection, it was an alarm clock. I asked how much they wanted and I dug into my pocket for money but only had 3 ones. I told them all I got was $3 and they said sold. That's about it. People seemed normal and all. Pretty surprising find for me.

Ok I figured it out. Here's the pic. I put my Ipod next to it to show its size. The yellow button on his beanie is what you press to turn the music on and off

IM000335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen any video games at the garage sales around me. But then again, I normally don't head out until around 12/1ish. Guess I'll have to wake up early to try and find them, lol.

I just got back from a community yard sale today. Not the greatest day, but I was out and back after an hour with some finds...

First hit... GENESIS GAMES!
Bart's Nightmare (cart only)
Mortal Kombat II CIB
Toy Story CIB, but the box is pretty battered and in one of those weird sleeves. I'm guessing even battered, it's probably a little rarer due to the fact it's a kid's game in a cartboard case.

Anyway, $2.25 for those three. They had some PSOne titles for $1 a pop, but nothing good. Apparently they were all some woman in her late 20's-30's games.

Second hit, I picked up an SNES controller in a box full of random kid's stuff for $1. No games or anything else gaming related.

That's it gaming wise. I also got a Fort Augusta mug(local city fort) that was a quarter. I got a matching one a few weeks back for a dime. Oh, I saw the Pac-Man glass I saw last year. I forgot the price and got amped when I spotted it, then remembered it was $5. I've got two identical ones, one I got for .25 and another for $2 that I thought was steep.

Not too bad, considering this year's been mostly miss period for me, especially gaming wise. I'm hoping the other community yard sale that's tomorrow only has some good deals as well.

So I'm walkin around this garage sale and I see a xbox 360 premium bundle box with a $30 tag and it looks perfect. So I start getting an adrenaline rush, and trying not to seem to excited. I start to think its to good to be true, so I check inside and its an original xbox w/ 2 controllers. sigh

I am getting rained out today, but I did manage to hit 4 sales during the monsoon. I picked up Smash Bros on gamecube for $5 and a gameboy (color?) Zelda game (that is a clear cartridge) for $2. I think it is oracle of ages, but I can not get to my car to check ATM.

Came across some overpriced ps2/360 games.

I also bit on blue/green imac g3
400 mhz 256 mb of ram, 2 keyboards and mice
OS X, no system discs
It also came with an idoc

It was $10 might have to go back and bite

[quote name='kube00']Came across some overpriced ps2/360 games.

I also bit on blue/green imac g3
400 mhz 256 mb of ram, 2 keyboards and mice
OS X, no system discs
It also came with an idoc

It was $10 might have to go back and bite[/QUOTE]

damn, I would have grabbed the g3 in a heartbeat for $10, hope you still get it!

Well, the rain stopped for a little while so, I picked up some more stuff.

Army men 3 pack collector's edition for $3.
Shark Tale and Pokemon pinball .50 each

BTW the Zelda game is oracle of ages.

And the game related find of the day is...

Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc (GC)

Marked $3 CIF $2

[quote name='erehwon']Some items you can get a lot for. I don't plan on selling any of those Lucas Arts games though. I do sell stuff on ebay, but my primary goal when yard saling is expanding my collection of classic games. I really want to find more quality SNES and Saturn games, but they're rather hard to find in my area.[/QUOTE]

I have found 2 large totes of SNES games in the last 2 years, but like you satrun games are hard to find in our area, the only ones I have found at garage sales was a stack of them under some N64 games in a box I bought last year. I saw some dude selling abunch in the glenbrook mall afew months ago, i'm not sure if he still has them.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']are g3 worth anything? My brother was going to give me one, but i dont want that hunk of junk =/[/QUOTE]

The tray-load G3s aren't worth much since running Tiger on them is pretty tough to accomplish, and they have low caps on RAM. The slot-load ones aren't bad, they can go up to 1GB of RAM and run Tiger just fine. From my experience, a 350MHz, 512MB slot-load will go for about $50. If it's faster, has a DVD drive or CD-RW, or has more RAM, then you should be able to get more money.

They can be pretty handy, we're using one as a remote Time Machine and print server.

wow, yet another terrible GS day this week, my first find was a colecovison so i bought if since I dont have one, most of the other sales in town said that someone was going though the sale listing in the paper and knocking on doors at 6 am asking for games? WTF?? LOL and people were actualy selling him stuff.

[quote name='Sinnbox']wow, yet another terrible GS day this week, my first find was a colecovison so i bought if since I dont have one, most of the other sales in town said that someone was going though the sale listing in the paper and knocking on doors at 6 am asking for games? WTF?? LOL and people were actualy selling him stuff.[/QUOTE]
I really hate that. It's not fair to the rest of us that go out and a pain for the people running the sale. I know I would be annoyed if someone came to my door at 6 AM.

I didn't have much luck this weekend. I skipped Friday because of the storms. Today I only found Mario Party 8 for $3. I'm going to trade that in towards a PSP game, most likely.

[quote name='erehwon']I really hate that. It's not fair to the rest of us that go out and a pain for the people running the sale. I know I would be annoyed if someone came to my door at 6 AM.

I didn't have much luck this weekend. I skipped Friday because of the storms. Today I only found Mario Party 8 for $3. I'm going to trade that in towards a PSP game, most likely.[/QUOTE]

What part of Fort Wayne do you hit sales in? I tried to go up there one day and it was confusing compared to hitting the small towns down here.

P.S. dont worry i'm not plannign on going up there, I would have to get up way to early to do that. lol

[quote name='Kuros']I got jackshit today. Although I do have some stuff from the week I'm gonna post.[/QUOTE]

I am in the exact same boat

[quote name='Sinnbox']What part of Fort Wayne do you hit sales in? I tried to go up there one day and it was confusing compared to hitting the small towns down here.

P.S. dont worry i'm not plannign on going up there, I would have to get up way to early to do that. lol[/QUOTE]
I usually go to sales in the NE and NW side of town. I don't like to spend the gas to go the the southside and I don't like driving downtown.

How was it confusing? The big thing up here is neighborhood sales. Most of the sales only happen when the neighborhood has its sale, and there are a lot of neighborhoods. They also primarily start on Friday. I rarely find games on Saturday. You can also treat some of the neighborhoods like small towns. Arlington and Pine Valley are very big sales. Arlington is usually busy enough that they print off maps for just that neighborhood and have porta potties brought in.

One thing that does help is getting the morning paper here. In the classified section, there is a color coded map that shows where all the sales are. That is a great help.

Washout today here, if it clears by tomorrow I might go out and see if anyone put their stuff out. There weren't many sales anyways since the forecast was for rain all weekend and people knew that.

Saw a virtual boy with all the hookups and one game, Galactic Pinball for $15 I passed

I picked up Sim City 3000 and Axis vs Allies for $1 total

After looking at ebay doh, maybe I should have bought it...

The weather here has been HORRIBLE. Been rained out for the past few weekends! Gah, hopefully tomorrow will be decent and people will try and sell stuff since they haven't been able to for awhile now.

Atari Woodgrain 2600 In Box With AC Adaptor, 2x Controllers & Paddle Controllers.

Games
Breakout (Sealed!)
Combat (Complete)
Kaboom! (Complete)
Pac-Man (Boxed)

SNES/N64/GC AV Cables
Nintendo 64 Pocket Power Guide Volume 3
Some Sort of GameShark Game Codes Disc

First sale I went to on Friday as it advertised video games. I got to the sale late (probably about 8:20) and I saw some newer stuff PS2/Xbox/PC games and a PSone system at $5 that a younger kid was looking at when I got to the sale and bought. I'm sure this was mostly why video games were advertised but I saw the 2600 box right in front of a different table and offered $5 for it.

Green Gameboy System $1

The girl at this sale said she wasen't even sure if it worked and said I could have it for a buck instead of the $2 it was marked.

Animal Crossing (Complete, PC, No Memory Card)
Super Mario Sunshine (Complete, PC)
Kirby Air Ride (PC, No Game Disc)

$5

Same house I got Pikmin & Paper Mario: TTYD at last year. Each game was marked $3, took $5 for both and let me have Kirby since they couldn't find the game disc inside after checking the system. I got an orphan Kirby Air Ride from Hollywood Video so this was nice to find :D

Spyro The Dragon (Complete)
Tekken 3 (Complete)

IAP for both of these as they were marked .75 each.

x2 1st Party Dreamcast Controllers Each With A VMU
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

$3

Dreamcast Controllers were each marked $1 along with a generic one I passed on. They had a Gameboy Color (2 Color system yellow and something else) in carrying case with a link cable, some Taz Mania GB game, Mickey Mouse: Magic Wands! I think & Zelda all marked $10. I offered $5 for it and the DC controllers to which the lady said she had to ask a guy (who was busy cooking hot dogs on the grill) when she told him my offer he just said "no" and turned right back around to what he was doing lol I told the lady I was just mostly interested in Zelda and couldn't warrent paying that so she offered what I got for $3 (she must have been his wife).

Bad Street Brawler (Complete)
Bases Loaded
Bo Jackson Baseball (Boxed)
Hoops (Boxed)
Ice Hockey
John Elway's Quarterback (Boxed)
Little League Baseball (Boxed)
NES Play Action Football
Mickey Mousecapade
Quattro Sports
Super Off Road
Tecmo Bowl (Boxed)
Tecmo Super Bowl (Complete)
Track & Field II

Bill Walsh College Football (No Game)
NBA Jam (Complete)

NES 1st Party Controller

$2

Everything I'm posting this week, I'm posting in the order I found it and by the time I found this stuff it was about noon. I saw a box with some kids books and this video game stuff. I offered $2 for the box minus the books. This is probably the worst spread of NES games I've ever seen lol

PSone, A/V Cords, Power Plug, 1st Party Controller, Generic Memory Card & Disc Only Die Hard Trilogy - $2 (IAP)

V-Tennis (Complete) - .25

Saw this with no price, beside it was a box of CDs for .25 each or 5 for a dollar. I picked out 3 CDs and got them with V-Tennis for a buck. I shouldn't have bothered picking this up but I'm a sucker for long cases and it's in perfect shape.

Game Gear With NBA Jam, Coplifter III & A Random AC Adaptor - $3

This was the only thing I picked up today (Saturday) With it raining off and on this morning & afternoon. I stopped by a few sales in town that are addresses I've never been to shortly after 11 this morning when the rain let up some. Marked $5, system wasen't working so I offered $2 which was countered with $3 which was good enough for me as I don't have Coplifter III.

(Almost) Non Find BS

I went to about 60 (largely in part thanks to two decent sized street sales) yardsales this weekend and was out Friday for almost 5 hours total. I also forgot to mention I got The Sims on PC for .25 IAP at a sale which I already gave to my niece and didn't take a picture of.

Do any of you Fort Wayne people hit Huntington? I'm going to be there for about 2 days next week including saturday and won't bother yard saling if you do.

Sup fellow CAGs,

My cousin called and let me know about this "awesome" deal he just got for a bunch of old school games which includes Final Fantasy 7 for the PS1. He just bought this entire list of games for $125 and I told him that he overpaid for the lot. And no I'm just not being a hater about this deal. ^_^

XBOX
==============
Prince of Persia - Warrior within
Star wars - KOTR (Platinum Choice)

Game Cube
==============
Tales of Symphonia
Final Fantasy - Crystal Chronicles
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker
Fire Emblem - Path of Radiance
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Super Smash Bros Melee
Super Mario Sunshine

Playstation 1
===============
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII (Greatest Hits)
Final Fantasy Anthology
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Raystorm - (This is my favorite from the whole lot ^_^)
Brave Fencer - Musashi

Playstation 2
================
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Armored Core 3
Final Fantasy XII
Silent Line Armored Core
Siren

I went over to his place today and saw the lot myself, which I have to say I was impressed due to how well everything was taken care of. Almost made a mess of things when I saw Raystorm, one of my all time fav SHUMP game, in which he turned around and just gave it to me since my B-day is coming up next week. ^_^

So CAG members in order to put this argument behind us, in your honest opinion, would you pay $125 for this whole lot of games?

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have tried to knock that down to $90 or $100, but he got some pretty great games for about 5 dollars each. Not too shabby. Tell him I'll give him six bucks for Brave Fencer Musashi :lol:

First post here at CAG, but here's what I got from a random garage sale I went to while waiting for Gamestop to open.

PS1:
Metal Gear Sold (Black Label) (Complete)
Twisted Metal 2 (Black Label) (Complete)
Crash Bandicoot (Black Label) (Complete)
Resident Evil 2 (Discs Only)

N64 (All Cartridges):
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Party 2
Super Smash Brothers
Perfect Dark

All of the games where in good condition, except the Mario Party 2 which has a blockbuster sticker on which I can get off carefully with some goo-gone.

Total Paid: $12

[quote name='EnronLackey']

So CAG members in order to put this argument behind us, in your honest opinion, would you pay $125 for this whole lot of games?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would. That was a good deal.

not video game related but picked up a 1993 kdx 200 motorcycle for 200 dollars at a yardsale yesterday. thing cranked on first try. runs gd rode 3 hours today

[quote name='darkslime']Do any of you Fort Wayne people hit Huntington? I'm going to be there for about 2 days next week including saturday and won't bother yard saling if you do.[/QUOTE]
I don't hit Huntington. I usually only stay on the North side of Fort Wayne, so I can't really tell you anything about the sales in Huntington.

dsc05145p.jpg

Sega Genesis 3 w/ Hookups, 4 controllers (1 broken)
Bubsy II
John Madden Football '92
Madden NFL '95
NBA Live '95
NBA Live '96
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog (2 copies)
Mortal Kombat
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
WWF Royal Rumble
Streets of Rage 2 (2 copies)
Troy Aikman NFL Football
Muhammad Ali Heavyweight Boxing (2 copies)
Beavis and Butt-Head
Prime Time NFL Football
Sonic Spinball
Unlabeled Game (turned out to be Sonic 2)
Total: $15

Only find of the weekend, since it was way too rainy most of the time. First trip to the flea market this year, and it looks pretty much like the same vendors as when I went there last year. Found this all just lying on the ground at a sale, normally I'd pass on this many sports games, but the Genesis 3 is just so darn cute! They were asking $20, I countered with $10, and we met in the middle at $15.

[quote name='erehwon']I usually go to sales in the NE and NW side of town. I don't like to spend the gas to go the the southside and I don't like driving downtown.

How was it confusing? The big thing up here is neighborhood sales. Most of the sales only happen when the neighborhood has its sale, and there are a lot of neighborhoods. They also primarily start on Friday. I rarely find games on Saturday. You can also treat some of the neighborhoods like small towns. Arlington and Pine Valley are very big sales. Arlington is usually busy enough that they print off maps for just that neighborhood and have porta potties brought in.

One thing that does help is getting the morning paper here. In the classified section, there is a color coded map that shows where all the sales are. That is a great help.[/QUOTE]

Cool, when I tried to hit lower fort wayne I did it like I do decatur, just driving around looking for sales. that makes sense how you do it.

DARKSLIME: I have never hit huntington, I know it has a large gaming comunity so it is probably worth hitting, I will warn you that there are 3-4 resellers from there that post on the local craigslist, but I'm not sure if they garagesale. there is also a local gaming shop to checkout if you want the owner is a huge douch but the store is worth checking out. I thing it's called the collectors box.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Cool, when I tried to hit lower fort wayne I did it like I do decatur, just driving around looking for sales. that makes sense how you do it.

DARKSLIME: I have never hit huntington, I know it has a large gaming comunity so it is probably worth hitting, I will warn you that there are 3-4 resellers from there that post on the local craigslist, but I'm not sure if they garagesale. there is also a local gaming shop to checkout if you want the owner is a huge douch but the store is worth checking out. I thing it's called the collectors box.[/QUOTE]Thanks, I'll go ysing out then. My brother lives there, and I think he plays MTG tourneys at the collector's box, will probably check that out too. That sucks that there are resellers there.

I'm glad my town doesn't seem to have resellers. In fact, I hardly run across anyone buying or even really looking at games when I go.

I got rained out yesterday, from a street sale. I'm pretty sure it was listed as rain or shine, but usually half the people don't bother and plus it's a mile walk and back. This coming weekend is the local car show, so there's usually a bunch of yardsales nearby.

[quote name='darkslime']Thanks, I'll go ysing out then. My brother lives there, and I think he plays MTG tourneys at the collector's box, will probably check that out too. That sucks that there are resellers there.[/QUOTE]

cool, I may have actualy met your brother then, a friend talked me into playing at the state MTG championship with him last fall and I was talking to the guys from the collectors box there...although seeing so many MTG players in one place kinda made me never want to play again. lol

[quote name='Sinnbox']cool, I may have actualy met your brother then, a friend talked me into playing at the state MTG championship with him last fall and I was talking to the guys from the collectors box there...although seeing so many MTG players in one place kinda made me never want to play again. lol[/QUOTE]yeah, the smell is awful. seriously, i've been in the card shop here and don't think most of them ever shower.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Cool, when I tried to hit lower fort wayne I did it like I do decatur, just driving around looking for sales. that makes sense how you do it.

DARKSLIME: I have never hit huntington, I know it has a large gaming comunity so it is probably worth hitting, I will warn you that there are 3-4 resellers from there that post on the local craigslist, but I'm not sure if they garagesale. there is also a local gaming shop to checkout if you want the owner is a huge douch but the store is worth checking out. I thing it's called the collectors box.[/QUOTE]
Yea, you might not have a lot of luck just driving around here. You need to have an idea of where you're wanting to go. As far as the south side goes, I think the Southwest is probably nicer. The Southeast is a little older.

Pyoobez, it sounds like you are lucky. I think there are resellers here, competition from other yard sale goers, people just taking stuff to mcvans, and maybe just people weren't into games that much in this area. I do sell a little bit of stuff I find, but most goes into my collection. The problem is most of the time I can barely find anything at all compared to some of the other people in this thread.

[quote name='erehwon']Yea, you might not have a lot of luck just driving around here. You need to have an idea of where you're wanting to go. As far as the south side goes, I think the Southwest is probably nicer. The Southeast is a little older.

Pyoobez, it sounds like you are lucky. I think there are resellers here, competition from other yard sale goers, people just taking stuff to mcvans, and maybe just people weren't into games that much in this area. I do sell a little bit of stuff I find, but most goes into my collection. The problem is most of the time I can barely find anything at all compared to some of the other people in this thread.[/QUOTE]

and competition from mcvans buying stuff at garage sales.

i hit up a big community sale this weekend, picked up a pink ds system only j, pokemon platinum, the legend of kagee 2 and the new super mario bros, i also got twilight princess and super smash bros brawl and nfs undercover for the ps 2, only 25 for all

Finally a haul to be proud of, unfortunately not games though.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/467/img6103j.jpg
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5166/img6104.jpg

All the comics for $30
Punisher Max Hardcover Vol.1
Punisher Max Hardcover Vol.2
Transmetropolitan Vol.3 Years of the Bastard
Transmetropolitan Vol.4 The New Scum
Transmetropolitan Vol.5 Lonely City
Transmetropolitan Vol.7 Spider's Trash
Transmetropolitan I Hate It Here
Transmetropolitan filth of the City
Hellblazer Vol. 1 Original Sins
Hellblazer Vol. 5 Rare Cuts
Hellblazer Vol. 6 Dangerous Habits
Hellblazer Vol. 8 Fear and Loathing
Hellblazer Vol. 9 Tainted Love
Hellblazer Vol. 10 Damnation's Flame
Hellblazer Vol. 11 Rakes at the Gates of Hell
Hellblazer Vol. 13 Haunted
Hellblazer Vol. 17 Freezes Over
Hellblazer Vol. 18 Highwater
Hellblazer Vol. 19 Red Sepulchre
Hellblazer Vol. 20 Black Flowers
Hellblazer All His Engines
And that was just a small fraction of what he had, he also had a bunch single issues for 25 cents but they were unsorted so it was kind of a blind search

Season 1 of Six Feet Under $2

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8571/img6107e.jpg
SNES
Super Advantage controller
Dr.Mario and Tetris
Family Feud
Give N' Go CIB
John Elway's Quarterback for NES
$12
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2199/img6109.jpg

[quote name='Sinnbox']and competition from mcvans buying stuff at garage sales.[/QUOTE]there's so much competition here, tucson has tons of collectors and resellers.
i still manage to find good stuff though

finds062109.jpg

Star Control, Ultima 6, Wing Commander 2 and AD&D Secret of the Silver Blades - $7
Sonic Spinball - $2
Darwin - $5
Philosoma, Sonic & Knuckles, Slime World, Zombies Ate My Neighbors and The Ultimate Stuntman - $15
Okami - $4
Nip Tuck season 3 - $5

Not pictured:

Nvidia Geforce 9800gt 512mb - $6 (Currently in use)
Commodore 64 (boxed, no hookups, lots of booklets) and an Atari 800XE - $20

this past weekend:

Xbox Wireless G Network Adapter w/cable (missing power cord), $2

Turbografx-16 TurboStick, $1

DS Animal Crossing: Wild World, $4

Sonic Foundry Acid Music 2.0 (new & sealed), $1

PS3 Street Fighter IV, $7

CD Mortal Kombat: More Kombat
CD Daft Punk: Homework
CD Bloodhound Gang: Hooray for Boobies
CD The Police: Greatest Hits
CD Armageddon Dildos: Lost
CD Frank Sinatra's Greatest Hits (new & sealed)
CD Star Wars: Episode I Official Motion Picture Soundtrack, $3.50 for all

Yet Another Sega Dreamcast (system only -- no cables), $1
DC VMU (x2), $1

DVD Mega 64 Version 1
DVD Lost Boys (new & sealed)
DVD My So-Called Life: The Complete Series
DVD South Park: The Complete 10th Season
DVD Jerry Maguire, $13 for all

PC Oblivion
PC Oblivion: Knights of the Nine expansion (in the same case), $1 for both

RFX MP128P MIDIBuddy (no power supply), $2

BD Baby Mama
BD Traitor, $12 for both

Silver Nintendo GBA SP
GBA Yoshi's Island, $1 for both

Wii Ratatouille (few scratches, plays fine), $2
GC Mario Party 6, FREE

pretty good weekend, value-wise.

my favorite find this weekend was the GBA SP. when i caught sight of it, there were several people between it and myself, and i figured one of them was gonna grab it before i could squeeze in there and lay claim. i didn't know the price yet, and i was secretly hoping that if someone did grab it, the price would be ridiculous and i wouldn't want it anyway (am i the only one that does this?). anyway, after a moment, there were two women standing more or less side-by-side, blocking me from it. the one to my left bent down to rummage in a box, just as the other was turning toward the table with the GBA. in an act of pure desperation, i leaned over as far forward as i could, resting one hand on the edge of the same box the lady was digging in, and just plucked it in my right hand with my fingertips; please note that this unfortunately positioned my face mere milimeters above the hind quarters of the bent-over lady -- should she have stood up, we would've both been in for a rude surprise. as i righted myself, it became clear that the lady to my right was noticing the Game Boy at the precise moment that i grabbed it, and was clearly irritated that 1), i grabbed it first, and 2), that i was willing to wedge myself between her and the other lady in order to get it. all this and i didn't even know the price yet!

i flip it over and find to my pleasure that there is a Yoshi cartridge already inserted; bonus! i turn to the seller, hold it up, and ask how much he wants for it. he seems skeptical and asks what it is, as i'm walking toward him. i flip it open and hold it out for him to see. he says, "oh, the game boy? i don't know, a dollar?" as i'm asking if he has any other games for it (he says they didn't), i immediately open my wallet and hand him a dollar. i say "thanks", and as i'm just starting to walk away, a woman (turned out to be his wife), walks over and says, verbatim, in a low tone (but loud enough so i can hear), "why did you just do that? was that a game boy? just the games for that thing are like twenty to forty bucks!", followed by something to the effect of "well, that's annoying" (or "irritating" -- i don't recall exactly). the guy gives me a helpless look and starts to argue with her, but at this point i can't hear what they're saying. i'm about to leave the sale, but without thinking, i walk over to the lady and say, "i didn't mean to overhear what you were saying, but just so you know, this is the old Game Boy system, and isn't that hot anymore." she says, "really? are you sure?", and i reply, "yeah. the one that everyone wants right now is the DS -- the one that flips up with two screens, and you use 'a pen' on the screen to play." at this she relaxes, and says, "yeeahh.. you're right. well, thank you -- that's better. i thought he (her husband) was being stupid." we all laughed for a second. and i thanked them again and started to leave. the guy follows me real quick, leans in and says, "thanks man -- she was gonna give me s**t about this all day." we both laughed, and i left.

the best part is how you got them to feel better because it was "old" but you could still make much more then $1 reselling it

[quote name='juangrande386']the best part is how you got them to feel better because it was "old" but you could still make much more then $1 reselling it[/QUOTE]

that's what i thought, too. i mean, what i said was true: the GBA SP is old and not really that sought-after, but at the same time, the guy more or less "gave it away" by selling it for a buck. he lowballed himself!

bread's done
Back