Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

Finally had a little bit of luck this last week. After several flea market type yard sales ($18 for fall of the footclan for GB, $25 for Family Guy PS2 -- pass buddy) I happened onto a family yardsale. A guy had a sign that said $2 all GBA games. I picked up Namco Museum and asked if he had anything else. He went into the house and came back with the GBA and it had Pokemon Ruby in it. $5 for the lot including the GBA. Not horrible.

My wife also managed to buy $1500 worth of furniture for $120. She obviously did better than me.

finds062409.jpg

Japanese Mega Drive + 17 games for $25

I know what most of the games are, the rest I'll just have to pop in and see. :)

Not pictured:

Luigi's Mansion - $3
Mike Tyson's Punch Out, SMB2 and LoZ - $4

[quote name='Kuros']
Japanese Mega Drive + 17 games for $25

I know what most of the games are, the rest I'll just have to pop in and see. :)

Not pictured:

Luigi's Mansion - $3
Mike Tyson's Punch Out, SMB2 and LoZ - $4[/QUOTE]

ha! i almost bought that, but i'm too dang cheap. congrats though, looks like fun.

[quote name='allyourblood']ha! i almost bought that, but i'm too dang cheap. congrats though, looks like fun.[/QUOTE]

I figured $8 for the system and $1 per game is a great deal

[quote name='Kuros']I figured $8 for the system and $1 per game is a great deal[/QUOTE]

oh no, don't get me wrong; if you haven't got any of those titles yet, that price is great. i already have at least five of the games, and more Genesis/MD consoles than i care to admit (over 12). so for me, it would've had to have been almost free for me to jump on it, and i figured i wouldn't talk them down from $30 to $10, ya know? ;)

I went out today to check out two that started today. No luck at all, and I even stumbled across a third unadvertised one.

Hopefully tomorrow and Saturday are better.

Thursday finds!

dsc05150q.jpg

Amidar
Football
Surround
Combat
Tennis
Bermuda Triangle
Galaxian
Basketball
Gangster Alley
Total: $3

PS2 Multitap: $2

Tyco Power Plug: $2

Sega Genesis model 2 (system only)
Jurassic Park
Hexen
Sonic Heroes
PS2 Memory Card
2 NES Controllers
Total: $5

Not much of a story behind any of these, the last lot was from a dude who claimed that he once had a near complete NES collection, but sold it all a while ago. The Genesis is gonna need a lot of cleaning, but I should have all the cables, controllers, and games to sell with it from last week's Genesis 3 find.

Looks like this weekend will be slim pickings. Only 1 yard sale in the area that even mentions electronics. They say they are cleaning out the kids stuff since they are moving and mention computers, VHS and electronics.

[quote name='theGrue']The Genesis is gonna need a lot of cleaning, but I should have all the cables, controllers, and games to sell with it from last week's Genesis 3 find.[/QUOTE]

Genesis 3 cables don't fit the model 2. Trust me, I've tried :bomb:

[quote name='allyourblood']oh no, don't get me wrong; if you haven't got any of those titles yet, that price is great. i already have at least five of the games, and more Genesis/MD consoles than i care to admit (over 12). so for me, it would've had to have been almost free for me to jump on it, and i figured i wouldn't talk them down from $30 to $10, ya know? ;)[/QUOTE]

I have to ask, and please don't take this the wrong way, but what are you going to do with 12 of the same console? And it took TWELVE to finally get you to say "no more"?:D

[quote name='stikmanrp']I have to ask, and please don't take this the wrong way, but what are you going to do with 12 of the same console? And it took TWELVE to finally get you to say "no more"?:D[/QUOTE]

haha! no, it's cool. honestly, the first 3 or 4 Genesis systems i bought were from a long while ago, when i had no idea just how "everywhere" they were going to be; i also was eager to own one of each configuration. every one since then has come home because the people getting rid of them were selling everything as a bundle. as in, "if you want these 20-plus games, you gotta buy the system too", which is fine by me as long as the price is low enough (which it invariably is).

and i was being conservative with that "twelve" remark. there's likely to be over twenty lying around between the house and the storage shed. more if i count the X-eye and CDX.

currently my pile of Genesis and Turbografx systems is being rivaled by Dreamcasts of all things. in all honesty, i can't stop buying those. the last one i bought was a dollar -- i just can't turn my back on them!! i've got a stack of six next to me right now, and that's just from this year. why don't people want these things?

oh, and i haven't said, "no more", for the record. if people keep making me buy the system to get the games, this won't ever end. :lol::cry:

[quote name='allyourblood']haha! no, it's cool. honestly, the first 3 or 4 Genesis systems i bought were from a long while ago, when i had no idea just how "everywhere" they were going to be; i also was eager to own one of each configuration. every one since then has come home because the people getting rid of them were selling everything as a bundle. as in, "if you want these 20-plus games, you gotta buy the system too", which is fine by me as long as the price is low enough (which it invariably is).

and i was being conservative with that "twelve" remark. there's likely to be over twenty lying around between the house and the storage shed. more if i count the X-eye and CDX.

currently my pile of Genesis and Turbografx systems is being rivaled by Dreamcasts of all things. in all honesty, i can't stop buying those. the last one i bought was a dollar -- i just can't turn my back on them!! i've got a stack of six next to me right now, and that's just from this year. why don't people want these things?

oh, and i haven't said, "no more", for the record. if people keep making me buy the system to get the games, this won't ever end. :lol::cry:[/QUOTE]

lol, There are so many consoles in my room that I have bought to get the games, but how the heck do you find more than one turbo, in my years of garage saliing I have never found one.

So far this week I found
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
SSB:M
Animal Crossing
Metroid Prime
Backyard baseball 2007
Kirby's Air Ride

total $50, more than I wanted to spend but I talked the guy down from $140!!

I have tomorrow off work and it looks lke there should be some good sales, plus I found a new thrift in my town.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the flea market reseller is in the comunity sale a town over!!

I had a few finds today...

23 PS1 games and a game boy game for $4. She said name your price and I said .25 per game, then I CIF $4 for the lot after I picked out what I wanted. Most notable is a near perfect copy of Final Fantasy VII GH. Not bad for 17 cents!

I also got a NES four score multitap FACTORY SEALED for $1

The funny thing is...I remember when these went on clearance at TRU, but I didn't buy one at the time. Those were the days before video games were collectible.
I have more finds, but I will have to snap some pics with better light.

Here is my last find. A Commodore 128 complete in original box with the monitor in the original box as well as a decent amount of games.

On to the games/software...

Oh and I also got Ultima V. 100% complete w/ coin and Sid Meier's Pirates.

Wanted $5 CIF $2 :bouncy: (for everything)

[quote name='slowdive21']Here is my last find. A Commodore 128 complete in original box with the monitor in the original box as well as a decent amount of games.

Wanted $5 CIF $2 :bouncy: (for everything)[/QUOTE]

you know you don't have to pull the find of the weekend out on us this early!!

[quote name='allyourblood']haha! no, it's cool. honestly, the first 3 or 4 Genesis systems i bought were from a long while ago, when i had no idea just how "everywhere" they were going to be; i also was eager to own one of each configuration. every one since then has come home because the people getting rid of them were selling everything as a bundle. as in, "if you want these 20-plus games, you gotta buy the system too", which is fine by me as long as the price is low enough (which it invariably is).

oh, and i haven't said, "no more", for the record. if people keep making me buy the system to get the games, this won't ever end. :lol::cry:[/QUOTE]

Lol my last Dreamcast was about $.75 broken on the insides though but i fixed it.

[quote name='dodgeme']Lol my last Dreamcast was about $.75 broken on the insides though but i fixed it.[/QUOTE]

around here people think dreamcast's are worth alot, I saw three at the city wide and I think the cheapest was $20. the only one i have actualy purchased at a sale lately was just so I could get the awsome games that were with it, MvC, MvC2, SFIII, ect...

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Genesis 3 cables don't fit the model 2. Trust me, I've tried :bomb:[/QUOTE]
The power brick is different, yeah, but the video cord is the same. I took this as some initiative to organize my Sega drawer and found that I have a ton of everything I need. The system seems to work great. :D

One of my best days of the year today and I only hit one yardsale (there was another that I walked all the way down to (like an extra mile), but I didn't see anything except abit of clothes on the porch and it was raining.

Anyway, my loot...

214xy8l.jpg

Phantasy Star II (cart only)
Phantasy Star III (CIB)
Phantasy Star IV (CIB)
Shining Force (box, no manual)
Castlevania Bloodlines (CIB)
Shadow Run (CIB)
Dr. Mario (cart only)
Final Fantasy (cart only)
Athletic World (cart only)
Not Pictured: Power Pad (it's looking pretty haggard and the woman admitted she had no idea if it worked, but offered it for 50 cents, this is why I grabbed Athletic World.)

All the games, especially the NES ones are in excellent condition.

She told me the games were $2 each but she'd make me a deal if I bought a few.

...I ended up getting all of that for $6. I should mention, I don't CIF, she made that offer. I have nothing against CIF, I just don't feel comfortable doing it and a lot of people seem to cut me really good deals for some reason. Maybe because I look a bit bummy, maybe because I'm so skinny and they think I'll pass on food to buy stuff.

Hopefully I'll get back tomorrow as there were a few games I'd considered picking up and she said the prices would be even lower with some stuff for free.

[quote name='pyoobez']I have nothing against CIF, I just don't feel comfortable doing it and a lot of people seem to cut me really good deals for some reason. Maybe because I look a bit bummy, maybe because I'm so skinny and they think I'll pass on food to buy stuff.[/QUOTE]

no worries; i never CIF myself, and i do okay. good finds indeed! i think the PSIV is the best, considering how well-preserved it is in the cardboard case.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Moonwalker is getting $100-$150 on ebay and even more for a sealed one :lol:[/QUOTE]

yeah, that was briefly discussed a few posts up from yours.

I had an ok day today nothing special, but decent for taking a route right behind my competition, most of the games I got the people had to go into the house to get

My best find was a huge stack of old playstation underground packs, some still wrapped.

other wise just a few common games for pretty cheap. I did buy my first Garage sale PC Games, I had been looking for rise of legends and age of mythology for ages and finaly found them!!

you guys with your Friday sales are lucky; i could count the Friday sales around here on one hand, and they're always the same houses with the same stuff!

oh, and Sinnbox, congrats on finding those PC games -- don't you just love when you finally trip across that certain something that you've been looking out for? that's how i felt after i finally got my Neo Geo system. granted, i had to pay a non-yard sale amount thru Craigslist, but it was like a wave of satisfaction came over me after i got the thing in my hands at last.

Meh, haven't been to a yard sale in like two months, but had the morning off so I checked craigslist to see if anyone advertised games. Found one advertising Nintendo on up so I ran there quick. Guy had a bunch of shit, but alot of it was sports games and alot of commons I either had or wasn't interested in, but I told him I'd give him a $1 a piece for these:

Black Belt; Sega Master System CIB
Ghostbusters; Sega Master System CIB
Out Run; Sega Master System CIB
Zelda II Adventures of Link NES CIB
Ghosts n' Goblins NES
Ninja Gaiden NES
Exodus Ultima NES
Zoda's Revenge NES
Zelda A Link to the Past SNES
Lethal Enforcers SNES

Nothing spectacular but this was my first outing in quite awhile. I might head out tomorrow too.

And are Sega Master Systems relatively cheap? The dude had one but wanted $20 for it, and I thought that may have been ovepriced. I don't know anything about Sega prices. Lol and I'm too lazy right now to do any research. :)

[quote name='allyourblood']you guys with your Friday sales are lucky; i could count the Friday sales around here on one hand, and they're always the same houses with the same stuff!

oh, and Sinnbox, congrats on finding those PC games -- don't you just love when you finally trip across that certain something that you've been looking out for? that's how i felt after i finally got my Neo Geo system. granted, i had to pay a non-yard sale amount thru Craigslist, but it was like a wave of satisfaction came over me after i got the thing in my hands at last.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I was lucky the friday i had off work actualy had sales, last time i got a friday off there were no sales at all. I wish I could see what the flea market guy that was ahead of me got!!

[quote name='allyourblood']YeOldmario, why do you keep reposting this? it's not even the right thread.[/QUOTE]

^^^^what he wrote x2^^^^

I drove to a sale in Chester,IL since it advertised Star Wars figures, Comics, and DVD's. Didn't expect a whole lot since the sale had been open for some time.

Hardly any DVD's left. Comics were all graphic novels ($3 each, but nothing great) and the figures were crap. Carded, but still crap.

They did have some cool LOTR busts... but there were priced right. So outside my price range.

Didn't get much this weekend.

Yesterday: Star Wars Ep. 2 DVD $1
Found this at a sale with a bunch of games. I passed on the games since they weren't in very good condition. The DVD was in very good condition.

Today: Iceman cold therapy system $1 and network cable $0.50
Found a cold therapy system for a $1. I've found several of these and managed to sell them for around $60 on ebay. They're rather nice, which is why I kept one of the ones I've found.

I hoping I can find some more good stuff to sell, so I can build a new computer.

Sleepless in Seattle VHS and Star Trek Insurrection VHS- 50 cents CIF, asking $1 each

Namco Arcade plug-and-play- 25 cents CIF

007 The World is not Enough VHS, Gran Turismo 2 PS1, Polaris Snowcross PS1- CIF'd 25 cents, they said $1, I just payed the dollar.

I rarely find anything here.

There was a sale that advertised games and opened at 7am. I got there at about 6:55, saw an NES and a PS1 with a stack of games. As I got out of the car, some woman that looked like she was in her 50's grabbed all of it, and bought it without even looking at it. I didn't think I had any competition around here, but I guess I was wrong. There was another sale that advertised old sega games at started at 9, so I made sure to get there earlier. I got:

Genesis with power base convertor
SMS Light Phaser
SMS Altered Beast CIB
SMS Rambo: First Blood Part II CIB
SMS Great Golf CIB
SMS Great Baseball CIB
SMS World Grand Prix, game and case
SMS Alex Kidd in Miracle World, game and case
SMS Pro Wrestling, game and case
SMS Hang on and Safari Hunt, game and case
SMS My Hero, game and case
SMS Ghostbusters cart only
SMS Zillion cart only
SMS California Games cart only
SMS Paperboy cary only
GEN Altered Beast CIB
GEN ESWAT, game and case
GEN Ghosts and Goblins cart only
GEN Game Genie with book
total: $20

Okay, I'm retarded for paying that, but it was still worth it to me. All I had on me was 20's since I had just gotten money from the ATM (-1 point for not being prepared), so I offered 20, there was no IAP. (-1 point for not lowballing). When I walked up to the sale, the woman offered us a bookcase for free, (-1 point for not taking the hint that she was just trying to get rid of things). I probably could've gotten it all for $5, I was just excited to actually find some SMS games and a power base convertor which I've been wanting for a while.

anyways, about 20 sales later I found:
N64 Forsaken 64 cart only
N64 Mario Kart 64 cart only
N64 Zelda, Majora's Mask cart only, and the cart has a holographic label, I haven't seen that before

Total: $7

A bit much, but I already have Mario Kart and that's an easy flip

Towards the end of the day I was ready to go home, ran across one more sale on the way and found:

Virtual Boy with manual
Nester's Funky Bowling with manual
3D Tetris with manual
Golf with manual
Mario Tennis with manual
Galactic Pinball with manual
all in a nice carrying case that looks like it was meant for a camcorder

Total: $20

I was really excited to find this. I've been wanting one for a long time, and didn't think I'd ever find one in my area

Crap week but at least it finally stopped raining.

Genesis: Lethal Enforcers (with the Justifier gun, pretty cool)
NES: Ikari Warriors II (and another crappy NES with no hookups...I just wanted the game)
And a wood DVD tower with glass door. I'm running out of space for these things but I really do need them.

Went to a community yard sale cost me $3 to get in.

Got a black GC, 2 nintendo controllers, 2 memory cards, a mic, and karaoke revolution for $10

Passed on a silver ps2 with a few singstar games and a mics

First yard sale

Call of Duty 4 MAc
Pirates PC
Neverwinter night expansion PC
Carmageddon

$8

that guy also got a bunch of console games for $1 but they were gone

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Crap week but at least it finally stopped raining.

Genesis: Lethal Enforcers (with the Justifier gun, pretty cool)
NES: Ikari Warriors II (and another crappy NES with no hookups...I just wanted the game)
And a wood DVD tower with glass door. I'm running out of space for these things but I really do need them.[/QUOTE]
Personally, I think you overpayed.

Went to a flea market type yardsale today and the sellers were mostly overpriced. I saw a gold Zelda cart for NES, but when I asked how much, the guy replied, "We both know what that is" as if it was rare lol. Anyway, he wanted $10 saying they are $25 on ebay, needless to say I passed on that price.

Sellers and vendors like that take all the fun and charm out of yard sales

[quote name='Shazyzang']Sleepless in Seattle VHS and Star Trek Insurrection VHS- 50 cents CIF, asking $1 each

Namco Arcade plug-and-play- 25 cents CIF

007 The World is not Enough VHS, Gran Turismo 2 PS1, Polaris Snowcross PS1- CIF'd 25 cents, they said $1, I just payed the dollar.

I rarely find anything here.[/QUOTE]

CIF would be 'coins in face' in your case lol

jk

[quote name='Macheezmo']
N64 Zelda, Majora's Mask cart only, and the cart has a holographic label, I haven't seen that before[/QUOTE]
That's weird, I don't think I've ever seen it without the special label.

8 different garage sales today, and only one of them had anything worth mentioning. This guy was selling a GameBoy with 3 games (crap games), GameBoy Color with 2 games (crap games), and a Game Gear with about games. He wanted $20 for each with the system, but I wasn't dying for anything, and I wasn't caring to battle for it. In hind sight, I probably could have gotten the GameGear for $10, but I really don't collect Sega much... mostly NES.

The one find that pissed me off was the second to last sale, which was gaming unrelated. I saw a set of golf clubs in the garage, and I was looking at them, and waggling the 1 Wood to see if it measured to my height. Well, I'm no expert, but it seemed good and it had a complete set of woods (graphite, too!), irons, and even a nice putter. I was about to offer $25 for it (the tag said $35) when the lady goes: "They're already sold to that lady there , but I'll let you have them if you offer me more than $30."
I told her, "If they've already claimed them, I won't try to steal it from them, I think that's wrong."
"Hey, I don't care, as long as you offer me more than $30."
I was pissed that I was 2 minutes late on a set of golf clubs that I REALLY wanted, but I'm kinda glad I kept my dignity somewhat, despite still being pissed about it.

On a lighter note, I picked up 2 DVDs for $5 at the Flea Market: Raging Bull and Alexander the Great. yay.

various finds today. not much.

NES games: 1943, mario/dh, tetris, jeopardy, dr. mario, mario 2, marble madness, Silent Service
Advantage controller, regular controllers X2, grey zapper
$5

DS/SP charger $1

64 Games: Crusin USA, Sarges Heroes, Tiggers honey hunt $1

Spent 7 bucks total today. not bad. Picture in spoiler.

VG_062709_Shrunk.jpg

wil919 ill give you 2 thumbs up for not taking them clubs that were claimed for, thats good yardsale sportsmanship. as for me i had to work 8-3 and its like 96 degrees, i might go to some flea market tomorrow

Last weekend was a bust due to rain. This week was better.
Hit about 30 sales in around 3 hours

1001825.jpg

360 Lot all complete - $30
Started off at $5 a game and offered $30 for all (not CIF). The husband accepted, just then the wife came out and asked
him how much and he said $30. Well she started pitching a hissy fit saying their $5 each and I could come back later, if
they did'nt sell I could have them for $30. I was like he said $30 and then the guy says "she's got the final word" I kinda
shook my head in disbelief and shot the guy the you f*cking wimp look and it must of worked cause he manned up and told
the wife to take the $30. I might of even paid the $5 each cause those games will easily flip, but in my book if you say yes
to a deal ---- DEAL DONE!

1001826x.jpg

More 360 games - Total $3
This sale had a bunch of xbox games mostly sports and these 3 360 games.Since these were the only games of interest
I pulled them out and asked the lady if she would take $1 each which she accepted. I also asked about older games and
she said she has a big tub of N64 games which she went to look for but could not find. I left my number. hopefully I get a call

1001828v.jpg

PS2 guitar heroes - Total $3
This sale had a beat down PS2 and driver 1 and 2 ps1 games and the guitar heroe stuff. I asked for games and the kid
pointed to the box with the stuff in it. He said $15 for everything but the PS2 was'nt working right. I picked up the guitar
and games and CIF'd $3 which he took. In hindsight I probably should of offered him $8 or so for everything seeing as how
there were 2 controllers and 2 memory cards. - Oh well!

1001827u.jpg

Gamecube no wires or controllers + 2 memory cards & THAW w/ several scratchs - Total $1
This sale had a ton of total garbage. I was really only interested in the memory cards and asked the lady how much for
the gamecube stuff. She came back with make an offer I just want to get rid of it, so I offered a $1and she took it

1001829n.jpg

Misc finds
Flight DVD's - $1
Stewie - $1
Fantasia - $1
Mario All Stars complete - $2
PS1 Alien Trilogy - .50
Risky Buisiness - .50
Oddworld Guide - $1

[quote name='kube00']Went to a community yard sale cost me $3 to get in.[/QUOTE]

huh? bastards are charging to go in? i can just see some jerk off kids screwing with people. haha. sorry man but that sucks.

bread's done
Back