Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

I love those figures. When I was workin at KB we got like 4 cases in when they clearanced them out so I have the full collection in my parents basement. One day I'll have room for my collection

[quote name='SaraAB']

Ok here's the kicker, I got the board game Fireball Island for only 1$. The last time I checked this was pretty expensive on ebay. I was really shocked to see this, I had to dig it out of a pile of games. Its missing pieces but probably better than not buying it at all.
[/QUOTE]

I've been lookin for fireball island at a garage sale since 1995ish time frame. Nobody has this freakin game.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']See, I really wish I could find a girl as awesome as the ones you guys have. My last GF mastered Resident Evil 4, was part of a Halo 2 clan, and was hardcore about the semi-obscure Xbox game Still Life. But she was also batshit crazy :lol:[/QUOTE]:applause: brother i hate to tell you they are all a little batshit crazy

[quote name='camelking6969']:applause: brother i hate to tell you they are all a little batshit crazy[/QUOTE]

lol, yea. You gotta learn to take the good with the bad. But if she is totally bat shit crazy, then that's a different story lol

WAIT Fireball Island is worth money?! I have a complete one in my basement! I've had it since I was a kid. I have to go look for it. (Didn't hit any sale this weekend).

Weekend Finds!

dsc05225g.jpg

NES w/ 2 Controllers, 2 Zappers, No Hookups
Excitebike
Golf
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet
Super Mario Bros. 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Total: $20

SmartBall (SNES)
Atomic Purple N64 Controller
Total: $2

Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore 2 (w/ Mic): $10

Gameboy Advance SP w/ Charger, GC Link Cable
Pokemon Emerald Version
The Nightmare Before Christmas: The Pumpkin King
Video: Nicktoons Collection Volume 1
Video: Pokemon - A Hot Water Battle / For Ho-Oh The Bells Toll
Video: Pokemon - Playing with Fire / Johto Photo Finish
Total: $29.10

RCA Lyra MP3 Player: $5

iRiver MP3 Player: $5

The NES and SNES game/N64 controller were found on Friday, taken as priced. The NES should make a pretty nice bundle to resell, and I'm sure I have the cables for it around here somewhere. American Idol is from a sale that advertised "N64 and many, many games" so I got there at 9am sharp, but they had already sold them to an early bird.

The GBA bundle was from craigslist, the person was asking 20 but lived an hour and a half away in the middle of nowhere, so they offered to ship it for an extra $8. The other $1.10 was the post office's fees for the money order. The GBA and videos are going to make an awesome present for my girlfriend's godson, and Emerald can make some of our money back. Sadly, there aren't any fun Pokemon for me to steal off it, it's saved at the beginning before even choosing a starter. :cry:

I picked up the RCA mp3 player at a sale, excited to have a tiny flash player for podcasts in my car, but then found that it didn't resume playback, which is pretty useless for podcasts. So I went back to another sale that I saw the iRiver at and grabbed it instead, once I find a USB cable for it it'll make a great podcast player.

And today I took a trip down to the flea market...

dsc05224.jpg

Sony PlayStation 2 w/ Hookups, Controller, Network Adapter, 40GB Hard Drive (and SOCOM II inside!): $30

Pokemon Red
Spyro The Dragon
Rally Challenge 2000
Rugrats in Paris: The Movie
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Total: $13

Elmo's Number Journey
Mace: The Dark Ages
Total: $6

Bomberman Hero
Fighter Destiny 2
Paper Mario
Mystical Ninja (SNES)
Total: $25

Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures: $5

Sony PlayStation 2 w/ Hookups, Controller, Memory Card, Network Adapter: $35

Belkin Wireless-G Router: $10

OH MY GOD THE FLEA MARKET. Usually there's one guy selling the same games that have been rained on multiple times for super high prices. Today there were 4 huge video game sellers, with much more reasonable prices. The first PS2 was originally marked $40, but I only had $43 in my wallet and didn't want to spend all my money in one place. She was glad to take $30. Much to my surprise when I got home, I found there was a hard drive behind the net adapter, and SOCOM II was in the tray!

I found the next bunch of games with MvC2, asked about prices, then offered the remaining $13 from my wallet, which he accepted. I was then out of money. I didn't know what to do. I kept looking around and found 3 other huge game sellers, browsed their collections... then one of them told me there was an ATM nearby! Sooo a hundred bucks later, I grabbed a few more things. Unfortunately, the second PS2's disc tray won't eject fully, I've gotta see if I can fix that.

Funny thing, when I was doing my second run through of the game sellers, there was another kid also interested in N64 stuff like me that was pretty hilarious. He sees the crate of N64 stuff and says "Oh man, I'm gonna find some rare games!" I'm holding Elmo already, so I say "I think I've got the rarest one already, sorry." He flips through the case and goes "Oh my god, Bio Freaks! And Nightmare Creatures! These are so rare!" Uhhhhh... Not really. He hit the next two dealers at the same time I did, just picking out crappy M-rated games and gushing about how rare they all were. I guess he wasn't allowed to play them when he was a kid, which makes them rare? Beats me.

Anyway, between the Network Adapters and MVC2, I should make back more than enough to cover all than I spent today. :D

Bad news...Fireball Island was lost in the great flood of 2000. (A water pipe broke and sprayed the entire basement like a sprinkler in an office building...So even items on shelves, like fireball island, were soaked. At least it was clean water!) I was able to find the game board and I know I have everything that is non paper in a bag somewhere.

I remember I tried to sell it at a GS back in the day (when it was only a few years old/MINT CIB) and some soccer mom told me it was too expensive. I was 12 or so at the time and I had $4 on it.

I am glad I didn't sell it, but I wish I would have kept the water damaged box/paper parts. I did find my NES box and instructions as well as my first Playstation box while I was looking, so it wasn't a total loss.

Hit over 50 sales at a townwide yesterday in about 6 hours. There was definately competition out.
Approximately a dozen sales told me they just sold game stuff minutes before. I did'nt get anything
rare or collectible but I did get some decent stuff that I'll turn to compensate for my time and money.
It was a very typical CIF kind of day.

1001912a.jpg

16 Pc. GBA lot 15 w/book - TOTAL $20
IAP was $3 a game. I asked how much if I took them all and the lady came back with $30 but took
$20 CIF 3 seconds after.

1001913j.jpg

4 pc. GBA and WII game (sealed) - TOTAL - $5
IAP on GBA games was $1 and $2 on the WII game - CIF'd $3 but was countered w/ $5
I have some nieces that I'll gift the WII game to.

1001914.jpg

13 pc. GB, GBC, GBA lot - $10
This was kind of interesting as I was at a sale and asked for games and a neighbor kid said he had
some at home a couple of blocks away. So I followed him to his house only to find out his house door
was locked and he had to wait 1/2 an hour before mom's came home. I told him I'd come back later.
I left then kinda got lost and could not find the street. After about another hour or so of surfing,
I stumbled back on to that street and there was the kid in front of his house just waiting with a little
buddy. so I asked him how much for all and the kid wants $15, then the little buddy says "nah $15 is
a rip off for those games - take $10" so the kid settles on $10, I double checked with him to make sure
he was'nt going to get in trouble by his mom for selling them, because seeing the Dora, Raven and
disney game I guessed that those games were not his. But he assured me it was all good. Believe it
or not I was actually looking for Snoopy Tennis cause i'm somewhat of a Peanuts fan.

1001915.jpg

SNES game lot - TOTAL $10
IAP on this was $3 a game there were about another 10 or sports games I had no interest in so I
asked for a bargain if I took a few, the guy was like sure. So I rounded these up and CIF'd $10 to
counter his $15 for them all. I'm sure to turn the DK's for about 4 times what I paid total and I
needed DOOM and R&S for my collection so I was quite happy with this.

1001916.jpg

4 pc PS1 game lot - TOTAL $2
Dug these out of a bin with an old beat up Xbox and beat to shit games, there were several cased
and loose PS1 games in the bottom that I sifted through after the guy told me he wanted $100
for the Xbox and games. I CIF'd $2 for these "old" PS1 games which have almost flawless discs

1001917i.jpg

Mixed lot - TOTAL $10
Asked for games at this sale and the kid went in the house and dug out a bunch of pretty ratty
stuff. there was a bag that contained all the stuff shown and everything else was either scratched
to hell or broken. I've been looking for a "smoke N64 " as I'm trying to get all the color variations so
I would of paid a lot more, regardless I countered his $20 IAP with $10 that he took

1001918t.jpg

COD 4 & COD WAW - TOTAL - $10
Asked for games at this sale and the guy brought out about 7 or 8 games all older sports except
for these. He told me his kids just broke the 360 and they were'nt getting another one. He wanted
$10 per game, I CIF'd $10 for both

1001919b.jpg

Misc finds
Everything was $1 each except the Mario pinball and G&W3, those were $2 and .50

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I just traded my COD4 and WAW into the Amazon deal (somewhat reluctantly). If I found them both for 10 bucks I'd be doing backflips. Nice finds.

Sega Genesis with two controllers, hookups, and about 15 games and manuals $7.50

The highlight of the bundle was Streets of Rage with its manual, which was a pretty cool added bonus, because I took the bundle for $7.50 CIF without really looking through all of the games. It also had a couple Sonic games and some older sports titles. There was also a PS1 system mint with a stack of about 12 games for $10. I offered the $10 right away, but it was 'on hold' for some lady who was deciding if she was going to buy it, while she was still picking through other things at the sale. Ughh lol

After scoring the Genesis at the yard sale, I decided to go to a few flea markets. I ended up getting a few games there too.

Street Fighter 2 Champion edition $3
Zelda 2 Link's Awakening with slipcover $2

And here is the real score of the day:

Sacred 2
Battle Fantasia
Civilization Revolution
Lost Odyssey

All 360 versions for $30

wow, great finds everybody! snotknocker, i see people are giving away 360 controllers in your neck of the woods, too! :lol:

i found some awesome stuff this weekend that i'm really excited about. nothing super-rare, but just some great prices on good games. i'll post up soon after i get some pictures taken.

Only thing I found this weekend was a Gamecube and Wavebird. Wanted $50 for both. $20 for just the wavebird. The kids dad came over and said, $10 for the wavebird. I said $5. He thought about it, and I started to walk away when he said ok $5.

So that is two wavebirds in two weeks. Weird.

Big find this weekend. Gonna take me awhile to sort it out and take pictures and such.

Here's how it went down: My friend and I just came right off the heels of a decent find– SNES + 60 games, but nothing worth more than $2, and a Genesis + about 20 games... but he wanted $150 for all of it! Screw that! I tried to CIF him, but was rather sheepish in my attempt ("um... well.. I just have $40, would you take that?")

Dejected, we headed to the next sale on the list... we spied a bin of controllers and started poking through it. It was just a box of Genesis controllers, so I turn to the guy and ask "Hey is there a Genesis to go with these controllers?" and he said "Tell you what, you give me $50 and you can take all of the video game stuff. All of it, just haul it away". I was kind of confused like wtf? $50 for a box of controllers, then my buddy tugged at my arm "Uh, Buck... look".

There are boxes and boxes of games, systems, peripherals. The guy used to be a collector, then went on to sell at Flea markets, and now he has a steady job and a girlfriend so the games have got to go. I only had $40 on me, so I had to borrow $10 from my friend, but I paid him and hauled it all away. Here's the full haul:

1 Sega Genesis (1st model)
2 Sega Genesis 3
2 SNES systems
1 Sega Saturn
1 N64
1 NES (broken... this will make my 3rd broken NES find :( I still don't have a working one)
1 Atari 400 and the 410 cassette recorder add on
about 25 Atari 2600 games
about 5 Commodore 64 cartridge games
about 18 Genesis games in box (mostly sports titles, though... feh)
1 Sega Master system game
1 Sega Master system phaser
1 NES light gun
a set of C64 paddles
about 10 N64 jumper paks (oh boy)
about 15 N64 AC adapters
1 set of N64 wireless headphones (I didn't even know Nintendo made these)
about 20 Genesis controllers of varying types (6 button, 3 button turbo)
about 16 NES controllers
6 N64 game boy adapters
16 (yes, 16) Dreamcasts, in varying condition. I've tested 4 so far and all 4 work, so we'll see how this goes.
6 dreamcast controllers
2 PS2 Guitar Hero 2 controllers
5 N64 games (bio freaks, jet force gemini, mischief makers, NBA something or other
and some random random junk like an assortment of adapters, an Xbox DDR mat, some PS2 skateboard peripheral, a paintball lightgun that you hook into the tv

All for $50.

The sad part of it is there isn't much here I'm going to keep. I already have all of the consoles listed, but I should definitely make my money back on eBay with all of the stuff (and then some) so I'll have more money to throw at the hobby. Maybe I can pick up that TGFX16 or 32x or some Saturn games or a working NES or something with the proceeds.

I tell you what, after doing this for 2 years, this was definitely a fun find! I was losing faith in Portland and I hit 4 sales almost in a row with interesting stuff.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Is the Skateboard peripheral the one that attaches to both of the analog sticks?[/QUOTE]

No it's some big heavy skateboard you put on the ground and stand on, looks like a Top Skater thing. I freecycled it at my apartments because I didn't much want to mess with it. I didn't think anyone would be interested.

[quote name='jakescape53']Hey guys! I'm the CAG from I think the 2005 thread who was too young to drive at the time and used to bike to sales in my area (about a 5 mile radius was all I could manage by noon with carrying a backpack, hills, and the like)

Well obviously a lot of time has passed (i AM driving now ;)) and I figured it's about time I go back to my roots and get back on the hunt again!

Hopefully I'll be posting again Saturday afternoon with some finds.[/QUOTE]

Dude I remember you haha. I remember you managed to get a pretty good haul once only to have to take two trips to get it home. :applause:

[quote name='zero_bit']No it's some big heavy skateboard you put on the ground and stand on, looks like a Top Skater thing. I freecycled it at my apartments because I didn't much want to mess with it. I didn't think anyone would be interested.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I was hoping it would the the Yanya Caballista fingerboard that attaches to the controller. The game itself isn't worth much, but if you pair it with the fingerboard, the value goes way up. I'm guessing its because most people lost theirs.

finally got the pics up... here we go:

PS3 Silent Hill 3 (complete)
PSX Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete 4 discs (1, 2, 3, and "Making Of", all disc only)
PSX Silent Hill (disc only), $6 for all

D-Link DI-624 Extreme-G Wireless Router (with power adapter), $2
Yamaha Footswitch, $1
Metal Gear Solid (non-GH, missing manual), 50¢

N64 GameShark v3.3, 50¢

PSX Burstrick Wakeboarding (disc only), 25¢
PSX Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (GH version, missing manual), $1

Sega Dreamcast w/1 controller (no a/v or power cables)
DC Speed Devils (disc only), $3 for all

CD Minor Threat: Complete Discography
CD Ultraviolence: Life of Destructor
CD Lords of Acid: Lust, $2 for all
PSX Dance Dance Revolution (complete), $2

Gold Game Boy Pocket (has battery cover, missing lens/bezel)
Game Boy Action Replay (x2, one with USB connector)
GB Home Alone (cart only), $5 for all

Loose Game Boy cartridges: Road Rash, Blades of Steel, Tetris, Super Mario Land (missing label), Pokemon Pikachu Edition, Pokemon (red version), Rug Rats, Donkey Kong Land, $6 for all

GBA Golden Sun
GB Pokemon (blue version)
GEN Starflight (complete w/map), $5.50 for all

GC power cable, $2
Nintendo multiplatform s-video cable (Monster), $1

Wii Zelda: Twilight Princess (complete)
Wii Red Steel (complete)
PS2 Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (complete)
PS2 Suikoden IV (complete)
PS2 Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (complete)
Wii Remote (x2), $16 for all

32X Kolibri (cart only)
32X Spider-Man: Web of Fire
NES "dogbone" controller, $2 for all

it was so hot this past weekend, i almost didn't go out. apparently temps were only in the 80s, but it felt like 100. despite my best attempts to protect myself, i think i still got a little burned.

on Sunday morning, i sat up in bed and told myself, "okay, i'm not going today. i'm too tired." ten minutes later i was in my car, rubbing my eyes. i'm sure glad i forced myself to go, 'cause everything, starting at the Game Boy Pocket down to the 32X stuff, was found on Sunday. this is extra awesome, because usually Sundays aren't very good for sales here.

my favorite stuff this go-round was the Wii/PS2 bunch. the games were all $5 each, and the Wii remotes were $2 each. i grabbed everything together and went over to the seller and asked if they'd give me a better price for buying a bunch at once. they said $20, and i countered with $16, which was accepted. everything is in beautiful condition, except one of the Wii remotes has some scuffs on it -- everything works perfectly though.

things that made me sad: the incomplete PSX games were a real bummer, but i've already got the book/manual for Lunar 2 so that's not so bad. the dogbone controller of course had me sniffing high and low for the top-loading NES, but alas, it wasn't meant to be: i asked the seller and he had no idea where it was. the 32X (and Genesis, obviously) were also nowhere to be found. i left behind some Genesis and NES sports titles.

here's a few interesting things: i had just picked up the Star Ocean: TtEoT and Twilight Princess guides in the last couple weeks, and now i found the games to go with them! i thought it was gonna be a triple play: my friend picked up a copy of PS2 I-Ninja at a sale and called me over. he held it out and said, "the disc inside is Dragon Quest VIII". i was disappointed that the proper case for DQ was missing, but i thought it'd be cool to pick it up anyway, since i had just bought the guide. without opening it to double-check, i held it up and asked the price... a dollar. i paid without haggling and didn't find out until later that the disc inside wasn't DQVIII; it was the demo for DQVIII. my friend's usually pretty careful about stuff like that, but the part that reads "DEMO" is kinda hard to see, so he didn't notice it. oh well.

also, i had picked up the manual and map for Golden Sun last weekend for free. i forgot to post it up because it was still in my car. then i found the game itself this weekend, so now all i need is a box (haha)!! this is exactly why i always buy/ask for odds and ends when i find them; i try to never leave boxes and manuals behind. you never know when you'll find the rest of the game.

Holy shit Web of Fire!

Lunar 2 is a cool find even if it is just the discs. I've been slowly buying the individual components as they pop up on ebay every now and then. Probably a dumb idea but it somehow feels less wasteful than dumping $100+ all at once. Anyway, cool finds, I'm super jealous, etc.

Only got to go out on Saturday this week, and only hit about 20 sales. Passed on lots of over priced xbox and ps2 games ($10-15 each), some guy was also trying to sell a WII for $275 and a 1st gen iPhone for $300.

IMG_0183.jpg

PS2 - Madden 02
PS2 - NCAA 06 Football
N64 - Memory card/rumble pak

-- Price = Free! :D

IMG_0182.jpg

ATI All-in-Wonder 9800 pro - complete with cables, remote, pack in games
Geforce FX5200

-- I know the tv feature in the all-in-wonder wont work anymore, but i needed a video card. Price = $5

IMG_0180.jpg

Playstation 2 w/controllers/cables
SNES - Madden 95
N64 Transfer Pak
Busted N64 controller
Pokemon Yellow
2 PSX Memory Cards
PS2 - Ace Fighter 2
PS2 - GTA III
PS2 - Gran Turismo 3
PC - Battlefield 2
2x SNES Controllers
SNES Power Cord
SNES RF Unit
Dreamcast - 2 controllers, VMU, NFL2k1, NBA2k1, Baseball 2k1
-- Price = $20 for the lot

IMG_0181.jpg

PSX - 2 Controllers and the following games
FFVII - complete and in fabulous shape!
Themepark - Complete
Gran Turismo - Complete
Command and Conquer - Disc Only
SimCity 2000 - Disc Only
Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit
6 Sports Titles

Nintendo Maverick 2 - CIB
-- The guy wanted $15 for the Playstation, I offered $10 and he accepted. Then he came back and said he wanted $3 each on the games and $5 for the Maverick 2. I CIF'd $15 for everything and he took it with little hesitation.

finds072009.jpg

MGS 2 Substance - $5
Kirby's Avalanche and Math Blaster - $5
Bomberman GB - $3
Cool Spot, Streets of Rage 2, King of Monsters, Zelda Collectors Edition - $10
N64 (see through blue) w/ 2 controllers, hookups, Mario Party 2 and DK64 - $15

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Holy shit Web of Fire!

Lunar 2 is a cool find even if it is just the discs. I've been slowly buying the individual components as they pop up on ebay every now and then. Probably a dumb idea but it somehow feels less wasteful than dumping $100+ all at once. Anyway, cool finds, I'm super jealous, etc.[/QUOTE]

My Silver Star Story Complete that I picked up over the weekend had an extra hardcover manual/strategy guide. Don't know if that interests you, but if it does, let me know.

[quote name='zero_bit']Big find this weekend. Gonna take me awhile to sort it out and take pictures and such.

Here's how it went down: My friend and I just came right off the heels of a decent find– SNES + 60 games, but nothing worth more than $2, and a Genesis + about 20 games... but he wanted $150 for all of it! Screw that! I tried to CIF him, but was rather sheepish in my attempt ("um... well.. I just have $40, would you take that?")

Dejected, we headed to the next sale on the list... we spied a bin of controllers and started poking through it. It was just a box of Genesis controllers, so I turn to the guy and ask "Hey is there a Genesis to go with these controllers?" and he said "Tell you what, you give me $50 and you can take all of the video game stuff. All of it, just haul it away". I was kind of confused like wtf? $50 for a box of controllers, then my buddy tugged at my arm "Uh, Buck... look".

There are boxes and boxes of games, systems, peripherals. The guy used to be a collector, then went on to sell at Flea markets, and now he has a steady job and a girlfriend so the games have got to go. I only had $40 on me, so I had to borrow $10 from my friend, but I paid him and hauled it all away. Here's the full haul:

1 Sega Genesis (1st model)
2 Sega Genesis 3
2 SNES systems
1 Sega Saturn
1 N64
1 NES (broken... this will make my 3rd broken NES find :( I still don't have a working one)
1 Atari 400 and the 410 cassette recorder add on
about 25 Atari 2600 games
about 5 Commodore 64 cartridge games
about 18 Genesis games in box (mostly sports titles, though... feh)
1 Sega Master system game
1 Sega Master system phaser
1 NES light gun
a set of C64 paddles
about 10 N64 jumper paks (oh boy)
about 15 N64 AC adapters
1 set of N64 wireless headphones (I didn't even know Nintendo made these)
about 20 Genesis controllers of varying types (6 button, 3 button turbo)
about 16 NES controllers
6 N64 game boy adapters
16 (yes, 16) Dreamcasts, in varying condition. I've tested 4 so far and all 4 work, so we'll see how this goes.
6 dreamcast controllers
2 PS2 Guitar Hero 2 controllers
5 N64 games (bio freaks, jet force gemini, mischief makers, NBA something or other
and some random random junk like an assortment of adapters, an Xbox DDR mat, some PS2 skateboard peripheral, a paintball lightgun that you hook into the tv

All for $50.

The sad part of it is there isn't much here I'm going to keep. I already have all of the consoles listed, but I should definitely make my money back on eBay with all of the stuff (and then some) so I'll have more money to throw at the hobby. Maybe I can pick up that TGFX16 or 32x or some Saturn games or a working NES or something with the proceeds.

I tell you what, after doing this for 2 years, this was definitely a fun find! I was losing faith in Portland and I hit 4 sales almost in a row with interesting stuff.[/QUOTE]

I have been finding alot of stuff like this lately, I think that alot of people around here turned to reselling when the economy started going down to generate extra cash and now, got their jobs back, or are so broke they can't resell anymore. I found a guy on Craigslist last year that was trying to sell all his reselling stuff for outrageous prices...AKA higher than Ebay. A month later He bought a SNES from me on Ebay...I go to his house to deliver it and he has 3 large cadboard boxes of Games and Systems on his couch. He asked me if I was a reseller and when I said yes he told me that he was getting out of reselling and that I could have all the boxes for the SNES and $20...I left a happy man. There was another local reseller that had a large truckload of old games for sale but It was about an hour away and I was afraid he was going to be asking market price once I got there so i didnt go. Another local reseller jsut sold out to a videogame store....the only problem here is that I may be moving a bout 30 min away from this town so I'm not sure what kind of competition I will run into there.

Yeah it's my first collection haul. On reflection I should have given him my information in case he had some other stuff to get rid of, because I doubt this was everything he had.

I haven't had the resources for anything but garage sales (had $50 in my budget envelope) but flipping some of this stuff should put me on track to be a little more aggressive with the hobby.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Holy shit Web of Fire!

Lunar 2 is a cool find even if it is just the discs. I've been slowly buying the individual components as they pop up on ebay every now and then. Probably a dumb idea but it somehow feels less wasteful than dumping $100+ all at once. Anyway, cool finds, I'm super jealous, etc.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it's only a matter of time before i find the case/box to Lunar 2. i originally found the hardcover books to both Lunar games at one sale where the person said they sold the games already. several months later, i found just the discs to Lunar and a week or two after that, i found the empty case!

now i've got the book, and the discs for Lunar 2, so the case is probably right around the corner (i hope!). i'm not too worried about the extras; i just want the complete game.

as for Web of Fire, yeah, that was awesome. i just wish i could find one in the box someday... darn those cardboard cases.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I have been finding alot of stuff like this lately, I think that alot of people around here turned to reselling when the economy started going down to generate extra cash and now, got their jobs back, or are so broke they can't resell anymore. I found a guy on Craigslist last year that was trying to sell all his reselling stuff for outrageous prices...AKA higher than Ebay. A month later He bought a SNES from me on Ebay...I go to his house to deliver it and he has 3 large cadboard boxes of Games and Systems on his couch. He asked me if I was a reseller and when I said yes he told me that he was getting out of reselling and that I could have all the boxes for the SNES and $20...I left a happy man. There was another local reseller that had a large truckload of old games for sale but It was about an hour away and I was afraid he was going to be asking market price once I got there so i didnt go. Another local reseller jsut sold out to a videogame store....the only problem here is that I may be moving a bout 30 min away from this town so I'm not sure what kind of competition I will run into there.[/QUOTE]

Around here the "I am going to get rich on ebay" attitude has really gone away. I think once people realized it takes actual work to pack items up, list items, take pictures and to keep the buyers happy they all said it was not worth it and realized that the dream everyone had of getting rich on ebay was not going to happen. 5 years ago everyone was hoarding everything they had hoping it would be worth something on ebay and that has backfired on a lot of people, now people are left with piles of junk they need to get rid of. Add to that the fees and policies they have come up with in recent years which make ebay very unfriendly. So now you have a bunch of ebay has-been's selling everything off for cheap. Stuff won't sell at ebay prices at a yard sale and it gets to the point where people just want rid of their stuff, or they have accumulated so much junk that they have no room for it anymore. There are a few crooked antique dealers and auction places that do estate sales here but those are easy to avoid because they put their names in the paper under which sales they are doing, and what town doesn't have these people in it?

I got Megaman X5 for PS1 CIB and great condition this past weekend for 50 cents. Sadly, that is the only videogame find I have found all season.:bomb:

We're moving too, 7 days more to go before we're allowed to go in. I've been busy packing stuff up the last few days. It's a booming yard sale area and they even have a once-a-year annual sale that goes 8 blocks down.

I picked up a perfect condition wireless 360 controller today for 50 cents.

The guy said his wife's brother left it at his house a while back and he didn't know what it was:D

it really sucks when you have to deal with people who know what they're selling. went out today and a guy had a TON of dvd's and games, and i mean a ton. however, he sells them for a living, thus, he wasn't a budger on prices. unfortunate.

however, my non gaming related finds, i got muppets take manhattan on dvd for a buck (which is a steal) and a nice lamp for my apartment for free.

Finally was able to get out and garage sale today. I hit about 10 sales, and found an opened in box GBA SP, and Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA game. They wanted 25 for the SP, and 3 for the game. Offered 15, and was accepted. This might not seem much, but this was awesome for me. :) Not a bad day.

[quote name='Staticbill']Finally was able to get out and garage sale today. I hit about 10 sales, and found an opened in box GBA SP, and Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA game. They wanted 25 for the SP, and 3 for the game. Offered 15, and was accepted. This might not seem much, but this was awesome for me. :) Not a bad day.[/QUOTE]Nice. This is a lot better than collecting pokemon, amirite?

I hit 2 sales this weekend.

Bought:

Lost season 1 Still sealed for $3
Rock n roll high school sealed $1
F4 animated complete series for $1

Monster rancher Evo $2 (PS2)

I visit often but rarely post. Usually I find a cart here or there . . . maybe a PS2 game or even a 360 title but today I had a real score.

I saw some boxes in a driveway and then a lot of games:

0724SNES.jpg

0724Cube.jpg

0724PS1.jpg

0724NES.jpg

0724N64.jpg

0724Master.jpg

0724Genesis.jpg

0724Gear.jpg

0724GBA.jpg

07242600.jpg

All of the above at one sale for $65 (games were individually priced but I negotiated some discounts).

Then I came back to haggle on some systems:

0724systems.jpg

I was able to pick up all four (with hookups and controllers) for $30.

I bought about 3/4 of what they had out (everything that I wanted).

After the fact, I realized I should have pulled out $80 right away and tried to CIF for all of the games and systems at the sale. If he balked I could've gone to $100.

Hoping I can hit up a few. It's supposed to be raining, so I can't bike, and my mom's gonna be at a funeral until around noon, so I might be able to get some, but I won't get any early stuff. :/

[quote name='darkslime']Nice. This is a lot better than collecting pokemon, amirite?[/QUOTE]

You know it. :) I can't drive yet, so fortunately my mom took me today. Very happy about it.

my gf found me some deals today. i had to work all night, damn ice cream, anyway
all this for 10 bucks from one yard sale

snes all hookups
2 controlers
chrono trigger complete plus a guide for it
season 1-4 csi
season 1-2 csi miami
shinning force 2 for genesis
there more games for snes but i have to go back to work

Decent haul today.

Intec Racing Wheel (PS2/GC/Xbox) CIB - $5 CIF (I saw TWO more of these later in the day; earlier this year I was refused when I offered 10 for one...good thing)

PS2 games (I can be a bit too generous with these sometimes...)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $3
Spider-Man $2.50
Activision Anthology $2.50

GBA / GB games, all CIB, $2.50 each
Men In Black The Series (GBA)
Pirates of the Carribean: Black Pearl (GBA)
Test Drive Le Mans (GB)

And my personal favorite

Game Gear system w/ AC adapter and 5 games: Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mortal Kombat, Jeopardy, and Wrestlemania Steel Cage Challenge - $15
IAP was $25 but she said she didn't know if it worked so I got it for 15. I plugged it in with the AC adapter and it does work, but the sound is very quiet and the screen looks like ass unless you view it from the right angle. So not too bad overall.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Decent haul today.

Intec Racing Wheel (PS2/GC/Xbox) CIB - $5 CIF (I saw TWO more of these later in the day; earlier this year I was refused when I offered 10 for one...good thing)

Spider-Man $2.50

Test Drive Le Mans (GB)

And my personal favorite

Game Gear system w/ AC adapter and 5 games: Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mortal Kombat, Jeopardy, and Wrestlemania Steel Cage Challenge - $15
IAP was $25 but she said she didn't know if it worked so I got it for 15. I plugged it in with the AC adapter and it does work, but the sound is very quiet and the screen looks like ass unless you view it from the right angle. So not too bad overall.[/QUOTE]

FYI It looks like ass cause its an LCD screen from 1991. Mine is in mint condition and looks horrible compared to any modern screen.

[quote name='Staticbill']You know it. :) I can't drive yet, so fortunately my mom took me today. Very happy about it.[/QUOTE]I can't either, got a friend to drive me today. Here's what I got:

yard sale stuff:

PS1:
Pro Pinball Fantastic Journey
Wrestlemania The Arcade Game GH

PS2:
Donald Duck Goin' Quackers

$1 for all 3.

NES Zapper
NES controller

$3 for both

Super Mario Sunshine PC missing manual
Mario Party 6 missing manual

$6 for both

N64 missing expansion slot cover
Power cable
Black controller
Banjo Tooie
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Madden 99
Jet Force Gemini
Wave Race 64
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire

$8 for all

Mario Party - $1

So today was my first experience in yard sale hunting and I can describe it in one word: TIRING.

After a good amount of hours going from one sale to the next, I ended up with no games :cry:.

However, I did score Seasons 1-3 of Cheers (one of my favourite shows of all time) brand new and sealed for $15 :D. The initial asking price was $20, but I ended up using the Cash-in-Face technique and had her lower it to $15 total.

Good Stuff.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Decent haul today.

Spider-Man $2.50

Test Drive Le Mans (GB)

And my personal favorite

IAP was $25 but she said she didn't know if it worked so I got it for 15. I plugged it in with the AC adapter and it does work, but the sound is very quiet and the screen looks like ass unless you view it from the right angle. So not too bad overall.[/QUOTE]

Its just a crappy LCD screen, nothing to worry about there. Your unit works fine other than the usual sound issues. The sound issues can be fixed by someone with soldering experience, so if you know how to solder you can either fix it yourself or find a friend that knows how to. Again sound issues with GG systems are almost always present, it would be rare to find one that does not have sound issues.

I went out today, I got some clothes but not much else, just a bunch of people selling junk today, didn't see one game.

SO I saw some guy that had a Watermelon Green 64 with Majora's Mask asking $250. He said it was worth all of that!! LOL maybe in 1997.

I did manage to find original gameboy that was RED(was this a special edition?) with 6 games for $5 otherwise it was a terrible day of over priced goodness.

[quote name='Sinnbox']SO I saw some guy that had a Watermelon Green 64 with Majora's Mask asking $250. He said it was worth all of that!! LOL maybe in 1997.

I did manage to find original gameboy that was RED(was this a special edition?) with 6 games for $5 otherwise it was a terrible day of over priced goodness.[/QUOTE]

lol

$250, wtf

Saw a guy trying to sell MvC2 for $200 too lol

bread's done
Back