Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

I picked up a Sega genesis w/two controllers and the power cord for $7 today. I offer $10 since he said to make an offer, and he said "how about 7?" and I said "sold!"

I just need to find an AV cable, and I'll be set since I picked up two games at a local game/dvd/cd shop. (Pitfall the Mayan Adventure, aka my first video game[for pc], for $2.50 and F-22 by EA for $1)

[quote name='TiKi2']How many of you ask for video games at sales??
I use to ask all the time but I keep forgetting.[/QUOTE]

I ask every time. My philosophy is that it doesn't hurt to ask. Young/old, rich/poor, you just never know. My daughter also makes me ask for Pokemon cards too. I just joke with them about it. Helps butter them up for the negotiation part.

Of the purchases I had today, around 75% were either not out or hidden under junk. For example purposes I'll asterisk (*) what was not out/hidden. Not that I had a great day or anything.

(N64) Legend of Zelda Marora's Mask-Gold Lenticular*
$1
Asked the guy if he had any video games. He went into his garage and brought out a box with a PS1, N64, cables, and games. Funny, I was more excited about the video cables, especially the N64's since they work on about all Nintendo's systems. He said they were his son's who is away at college, but said he had to check with his wife first. Heard his wife say no, so I figured no go. He came out and said his wife said his son still wanted it, but sheepishly asked if I wanted anything. I didn't want to disappoint his son, so I just picked out the Zelda game. As I was paying for the game, the wife came out and saw what was going on and got a look on her face like "How dare you not listen to what I just told you!" to her husband. She looked pissed. I wanted to get out of there . . . until I ran across a plastic grocery bag and for some reason I decided to look in. Saw 1 old gameboy game and I thought to myself, "interesting". Looked in and found

Red Gameboy Advance SP with charger
Kirby Dream Land 2 (Gameboy)
Tetris (Gameboy)
Stuart Little The Journey Home (GBC)
Spongebob Squarepants Legend of the Lost Spatula (GBC)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
Shrek 2 (GBA)
Super Mario Advance 2 Super Mario World (GBA)
Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros 3 (GBA)
Mario Party Advance (GBA)
Pelican GBA Screen Magnifier
PS1 Memory Card
Along with some other decent junk.
$5
Told the guy I would take the bag for $5 and he accepted. Did not even look.

Activision Classic Games Collection for Atari 2600 (PS1)*
$1
Nothing out games wise, but asked and the guy said he had a boxload of PS1 stuff. Brought it out with several games and a system. Looked through and I already have most of the stuff, but wanted to reminisce with the Collection.

Spider-Man (GBA)*
Banjo-Kazooie Grunty's Revenge (GBA)*
$1
Church sale. Saw he had a sealed copy of Lego Rock Band (PS3) that I was not particularly interested in, but should've offered $5, and asked if he had any other games. He hesitated and remembered he had some GBA games. He went to a box that I would have never searched and brought those out.

Paper Mario Official Nintendo Player's Guide (N64)
Warioworld Official Nintendo Player's Guide (GC)
Super Mario Advance Prima Official Strategy Guide (GBA)
$1
These were out, but asked the lady about other games and cards and she said that they had several of both at home. She called her son and told him to bring everything. I was pretty stoked. Son shows up, and all he brought was a complete copy of Pokemon Snap (N64) and Pokemon Colosseum Preview (GC), no cards and no old school Nintendo games, plus the daughter said they had a Pokemon version N64. Ugh. Left my number. Doubt I'll hear anything though.

Heroes Collector's Edition Season 1
$5
Heard good things about this season. Also had a copy of Call of Duty World at War (Wii) for $10. Kind of wish I picked that one up.

80 Pokemon cards*
$1
Community yard sale in a gated mostly retirement community. Just about every sale was plates and stuff, you know the kind. Stuck to my guns no matter how silly it might be to ask 60-70 year olds for games and cards and a grand child popped up with cards. Nothing great, but my daughter doesn't give a shit.

200 Yu-Gi-Oh Cards
$3
Saw those out and figured my daughter can work a trade for Pokemon cards as she wants nothing to do with YGO.

Nothing particularly awesome, but good volume.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I picked up the first 5 seasons of the west wing, first two seasons of lost, the first season of the shield, trainspotting, and shawn of the dead for $30. decent haul

[quote name='dabamus']I picked up a Sega genesis w/two controllers and the power cord for $7 today. I offer $10 since he said to make an offer, and he said "how about 7?" and I said "sold!"

I just need to find an AV cable, and I'll be set since I picked up two games at a local game/dvd/cd shop. (Pitfall the Mayan Adventure, aka my first video game[for pc], for $2.50 and F-22 by EA for $1)[/QUOTE]

LOL! you offered $10 he counter offered $7 to purchase his item?

haha

Had a little luck today, but nothing [SIZE=-1]ra[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]re...

Box full of game [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]r[/SIZE]elated goods fo[SIZE=-1]r
$10.00

[/SIZE]

• 2x N64 /w co[SIZE=-1]rds - both wo[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rks but one of the av co[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rds left audio is b[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]roken.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]2x N64 Cont[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rolle[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rs - one official and one f[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rom pe[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rfo[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rmance[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]Zelda, Ma[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rio 64, Goldeneye, Mission Impossible, and NFL blitz
    [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]D[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]reamcast - with co[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rds, have not tested[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]D[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]reamcast cont[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rolle[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]r - official cha[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rcol g[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rey millenium[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]D[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]reamcast VMU[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]PS2 multitap[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]2x Dualshock 2 - one of the co[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rds has a tea[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]r[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]PS2 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]remote[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]2x PSX cont[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rolle[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]r[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]2x PSX memo[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ry ca[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rds[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]5x Xbox Cont[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rolle[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rs - 3 official, 2 3[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rd pa[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rty[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]Xbox dvd dongle[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]Xbox Component and AV cables[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]etc
    [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I think I got my money's wo[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]rth this time a[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]round ^^
[/SIZE]

[quote name='dinobot']LOL! you offered $10 he counter offered $7 to purchase his item?

haha[/QUOTE]
Yep. I was very happy. He said it works, but I have to wait for the cable from fleabay to show up so I can test it.(I needed an AV cable for modern TVs)

Got a Bright Green N64 console still in box ( wasnt new, they just kept the box )
also picked up all the games they had for it :
1. Hey you Pikachu ( lol )
2. Golden Eye 007
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Super Smash Bros.
5. Super mario 64

All for $17

:D

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Got a Bright Green N64 console still in box ( wasnt new, they just kept the box )
also picked up all the games they had for it :
1. Hey you Pikachu ( lol )
2. Golden Eye 007
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Super Smash Bros.
5. Super mario 64

All for $17

:D[/QUOTE]
Damn dude! That's awesome! I love SM64 and GE64. :D

Hey will nice write up on your adventure.

I got an awesome deal on some books I remember from childhood.

.25 cents each. In my late 20's and I still love me some waldo . First edition hardcover.

DSCF1679.jpg

[quote name='N3UROP0D']
dztop3.png

Big Box PC games: WarCraft: Orcs & Humans, Grand Theft Auto, Ultima Collection - $2 each
Sam & Max: Bad Day on the Moon comic - $1
[/QUOTE]
I hate you. How did you get the Sam and Max comic? Was it standing out? Was there any other S&M stuff? I'd like to know.

Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego? (Genesis, Complete) - .25 (IAP)
Slam City With Scottie Pippen (Sega CD, Complete) - .25 (IAP)
Genesis 6-Button Controller - .25 (IAP)
NES Cleaning Kit In Box - .50
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex (PS2 Complete, GH) - $2 (IAP)
PS1 Demo Disc In Case For Crash Bandicoot - Free
Resident Evil Outbreak (PS2, Complete) - $2
Saw (PS3, Complete) - $5 (IAP)
Diablo II Guide (Electronics Boutique SE Cover) - .50 (IAP)
PS2 Network Adaptor With Install Disc And Papers - $5
Bandai Electronics FL Frisky Tom With Plug - $1 (IAP)

A bunch of single finds from different sales except the Sega games which both came from the same place. NES Cleaning Kit, asked a buck took .50. RE Outbreak's IAP was $3.

I asked about games at one house and it sounded like it was going to be a Sega or an Atari or something but the guy only came back with Frisky Tom and Hard Drivin' Genesis cart so I don't know if he couldn't find it or decided he didn't really want to sell a system he found (at least cheap at his YS) but it was still a neat little find.

The PS2 adaptor I found late in the day in a shoe box with a fat PS2 with controllers, hookups, 2x memory cards & a multitap sitting around all day at $125. Said I was interested in the Network Adaptor and took my offer of $5.

Ms. Pac-Man Wireless P&P - $2 (IAP)
Hamtaro Ham-Hams Unite! - .25 (IAP)
GameCube 251 Memory Card - .25 (IAP)

Gameboy Color With 4 Games - $6

Ms. Pac-Man
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tetris

$2

First 3 items were all from the same sale. GBC stuff was $8 and I offered $5, agreed on $6.

When I asked about games at one sale the NES games were brought out. They had 7 and wanted $4 and I offered $2 to which the lady said no and instead of (possibly) countering said that they could just give them to a neighbor kid or something of the likes. I said I was only mostly interested in the 3 I got and she took $2 for them. The 4 games I didn't get were Astyanax, Monopoly, SMB & SMB/DH and the contacts on 1-2 of these games looked really bad.

N64 With Hookups (Power, RF), 1st Party Controller & Rumble Pak, Manuals, Book & 11 Games - $10 (IAP)

Asked about games and this was all brought out and offered for $10 which I took the little PS1 or PS2 steering wheel was marked .25 and I didn't say anything about being interested in it but the guy gave it to me as I was leaving.

Non Find BS -
I got out the door at about 8:10 today and was out for 6 hours. A community sale, decent sized street sale and a few block sales = too many sales for me to try and get to and late in the day passed a number of houses that were done for the day. I lost count but I surely got to a good number of sales, 50ish I'd guess give or take.

Overpriced stuff GameCube - $30, GC Games - $10 (Nothing special either, stuff I would guess is cheaper even at GameStop) and when I was at this sale the lady was complaining to another lady holding the sale about people who didn't like her prices (refering to offering less then the IAP of $2 on jeans). Two $125 PS2 systems one I mentioned and another with some junk games & some PS2 Rockband instruments. I think I also saw a PS2 slim for $50 which is too much for a YS but at least isn't way too much for anywhere.

The house I got Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex at I asked about old games and the one lady made a phone call home, sounded like she had an NES and possibly more. Told somebody where to look and they didn't see it (heard here also mention Bubble Bobble) and she told me it was probably thrown out (that being the truth or maybe a white lie if said kid didn't like the idea of old games being sold).

The house I got the Sega games at everything was .25 and I was told that they sold abunch of games already so what I got was the dreck, Slam City actually also had jewel case sized manuals for Ecoo The Dolphin, Sonic CD & Sega Classics Arcade Collection so while I probably didn't miss anything earth shattering for a quarter I can't help but wonder if Sonic CD was one of the games which I used to have way back and would like to get again on the cheap. I would also guess that it wasen't a crazy number of games either, I'd guess a dozen at most. Besides one house that mentioned something vague that was "Sega" this was the only old video game thing mentioned that I missed out on today when I asked about "older video games".

One house I asked about games, brought out 3 SNES & 2 Genesis games. Nothing particularly speical I offered $2 for The Lion King (SNES) & Super Aquatic Games (James Pond, Genesis) the lady countered with $4 and I declined and thanked her. I though it was funny that she would rather just keep the games and stand firm on her counter as when I first asked and told her what I was interested in she seemed flabbergasted that anyone would want these old games so I would have guessed that she'd be happy to sell them for a buck or even less.

The sale I got RE: Outbreak at also had some decent 360 games Fable II - 10, Dead Space & SH: Homecoming - 5. I have Fable II but I should have at least grabbed Silent Hill but it was in a non 360 case and I figured I'd be able to get it for $5 anywhere by the time I might get around to playing it. Yet I bought Saw for $5, I guess it's still kind of hard for me to pass on a $5 PS3 games even if it's bad and/or I'll never get to playing it and not an old sports game.

Last mild thing barely worth noting is the house I got the Genesis 6-Button Controller at I saw a NES AC adaptor under a table by some plastic bags but as I go to pick it up I was told that it was brought to the sale by mistake and a family member wanted it back.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']

dztop3.png

Big Box PC games: WarCraft: Orcs & Humans, Grand Theft Auto, Ultima Collection - $2 each
Sam & Max: Bad Day on the Moon comic - $1

[/QUOTE]

Nice find on the Ultima Collection . . . I love finding stuff like that.

I had a few gaming finds this weekend. Friday was rainy so I went to fewer sales but I found more gaming stuff. Wish I had more time on the weekends . . . I'm only putting in about 2 hrs. each on Fri. and Sat.

Aura052110.jpg

Paid .50 . . . already flipped for $15.

GC052110.jpg

This stuff was all on a table at one sale. I offered $10 for everything . . . she accepted so fast that I realized I should have said $5. The cube is missing hookups . . . but I have a few that I want to sell so it might come in handy. I liked the memory cards because I can pack them in. Two corded cube controllers and the games can be used for to outfit systems. The N64 and SNES controllers were a bonus.

The woman at this sale said she might be able to find the hookups and suggested I stop back on Sat. I did even though this was out of the way . . . big waste of about 20 mins. on Sat. when she didn't :whistle2:(

HM052110.jpg

I saw this at another sale and offered $5 . . . she accepted--from $15 to $5!? I think the seller could tell that I wouldn't go any higher. Its sealed so I hope it will bring in $30--but it might not sell until Xmas.

PSPgames052110.jpg

Paid $5 for these. I offered $4 for Crash and SNK. Then $1 more for Battlefront.

Live052210.jpg

This was on Sat. This was at one of those sales where it is so tempting to just stay in the car. Tons and tons of clothes--really almost nothing but clothes. I spotted these on a table (both are new) they were unmarked so I decided not to ask (afraid she's say $50 each) but to throw out a bid. When I brought them over and said "how about $20 for the pair," she countered $25 and I paid on the spot.

barbie052210.jpg

I paid .25 for this . . . and it was still too much.

HyperFlyer052210.jpg

I generally don't post my non-gaming finds but this looks like it could be fun. It was marked $8 . . . I tried to bring it down but they wouldn't budge . . . so I paid $8. If it had been my sale, I would have marked it $20 (or more) and sold it for at least $15. Its new in box . . . hopefully it will work--don't know what its worth but I see it for $50 or more online.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='schultzed']
Live052210.jpg

This was on Sat. This was at one of those sales where it is so tempting to just stay in the car. Tons and tons of clothes. I spotted these on a table (both are new) they were unmarked so I decided not to ask but to throw out a bid. When I brought them over and said "how about $20 for the pair," she countered $25 and I paid on the spot.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit dude, nice score.

Picked up 3 shitty snes games for $5 at a church flea . Turns out non of them work. I'm sure the asshole knew it too.

Really cool finds everyone.

[quote name='schultzed']Nice find on the Ultima Collection . . . I love finding stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The packaging is pretty classy, plus it's got 10 games, how could I say no?

[quote name='Shazyzang']I hate you. How did you get the Sam and Max comic? Was it standing out? Was there any other S&M stuff? I'd like to know.[/QUOTE]

It was just there with a bunch of other, much more generic, comics at a community sale. If there was more you can bet I would've bought it. When I see comic books I usually look through them but I don't know as much about them as I probably should, but Sam & Max kinda stands out next to "classics" like the Dr. Strange / Ghost Rider crossover.

[quote name='sporty50']Picked up a N64 w/3 controllers and 20 games for $25. Same sale picked up 9 Wii games for $5 each.[/QUOTE]
wow, thats a nice deal!

[quote name='TiKi2']Picked up 3 shitty snes games for $5 at a church flea . Turns out non of them work. I'm sure the asshole knew it too.[/QUOTE]

Did you try cleaning them?

[quote name='schuerm26']

$10[/QUOTE]

Please don't come in here posting a find like this :)

fuck . . . any idea how complete it is?

Nice find.

[quote name='Ash Burton']Did you try cleaning them?[/QUOTE] Oh yeh, cleaned contacts twice and tried them out on 3 different snes decks. Sux that I got them at a church and I am sure all the games he had we broken. At least he could have told me. It's not about the money cause it was only $5 it's more about the morals.

[quote name='schultzed']Please don't come in here posting a find like this :)

fuck . . . any idea how complete it is?

Nice find.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have the instructions. But it has a HELL of a lot of pieces so if it isn't complete it has to be damn close. It still has the initial price tag on the box, $299.95!!!!

[quote name='TiKi2']Oh yeh, cleaned contacts twice and tried them out on 3 different snes decks. Sux that I got them at a church and I am sure all the games he had we broken. At least he could have told me. It's not about the money cause it was only $5 it's more about the morals.[/QUOTE]

It's probably not fair to assume he knew at this point. I've received free games from friends and had them tell me they work fine, only to get them home and find they're dead. It happens.

Nice finds, everyone! I got a bunch of good stuff this weekend, but I'll wait until I've taken pics to post.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Really cool finds everyone.

Yeah. The packaging is pretty classy, plus it's got 10 games, how could I say no?

It was just there with a bunch of other, much more generic, comics at a community sale. If there was more you can bet I would've bought it. When I see comic books I usually look through them but I don't know as much about them as I probably should, but Sam & Max kinda stands out next to "classics" like the Dr. Strange / Ghost Rider crossover.[/QUOTE]
Hm. I'll look through the comics next time I go out. Thanks.

[quote name='TiKi2']Picked up 3 shitty snes games for $5 at a church flea . Turns out non of them work. I'm sure the asshole knew it too.[/QUOTE]

I have found close to 500 SNES games at garage sales over the last few years, I have only found 1 that i couldnt get working, if you can get it working try takeing the cover off and cleaning the contacts with oven cleaner, or hitting them with scotch guard.

[quote name='GoAztecs']That is an awesome pickup![/QUOTE]

It is weird because where I got it was a neighborhood garaqe sale. The house I got it at was about 2 hours after I started. It was just sitting in the driveway. I had been to about 15 sales before that and was all out of cash!! I had to have the people hold it and dash to the bank to get more money. It is strange how people don't just pick stuff like this up. There were TONS of people at this neighborhood garage sale yet this somehow managed to not be picked up.

schuerm26 that was a nice pickup. people probably assumed the set would be incomplete so they past right by it. i have not stumbled across any good deals such as the rest of the CAG members that post here week after week but their findings and yours keep me going every other weekend lol

[quote name='Sinnbox']I have found close to 500 SNES games at garage sales over the last few years, I have only found 1 that i couldnt get working, if you can get it working try takeing the cover off and cleaning the contacts with oven cleaner, or hitting them with scotch guard.[/QUOTE] Thanx I'll give it a shot. I 've only found a few snes carts these last few years. Everyone that I have purchased from a homeowner has worked fine. But the people at the flea markets are a bit shady. I've only bought about 8 games at these church fleas and so far 5/8 don't work. Thats the last one I goto.

Last edited by a moderator:
NES with all cables (havent tested yet but looks great)
Two Controllers
GREY Zapper (Were these the original?)

Ducktales
The Untouchables
Crystalis
The Legend of Kage
Dungeon Magic
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Gargoyle's Quest II
Strider
Metroid
Gauntlet
Punch-Out!
Demon Sword
Kung Fu
Rad Racer
Dragon Warrior
Dragon Warrior IV
Final Fantasy
Legend of Zelda (w/ manual)
Terminator 2
NARC
1943: Battle of Midway

Total: $50

Really happy about the deal overall. Seller wouldn't take less than $50, and had DWIV not been there I probably would've declined. Great selection of games though. Seller has pretty good taste :p

[quote name='Porpoise King']NES with all cables (havent tested yet but looks great)
Two Controllers
GREY Zapper (Were these the original?)

Ducktales
The Untouchables
Crystalis
The Legend of Kage
Dungeon Magic
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt
Gargoyle's Quest II
Strider
Metroid
Gauntlet
Punch-Out!
Demon Sword
Kung Fu
Rad Racer
Dragon Warrior
Dragon Warrior IV
Final Fantasy
Legend of Zelda (w/ manual)
Terminator 2
NARC
1943: Battle of Midway

Total: $50

Really happy about the deal overall. Seller wouldn't take less than $50, and had DWIV not been there I probably would've declined. Great selection of games though. Seller has pretty good taste :p[/QUOTE]

nice pickup yes gray zapper is the original orange was after

Well, it's been a Sega-kinda weekend (click pics for full-size):

12 SNES games with dust covers: Brawl Brothers, Firepower 2000, Peace Keepers, Hook, Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Ninja Boy, TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Robocop 3, Mega Man X, Battletoads/Double Dragon, Pocky & Rocky, SMW2: Yoshi's Island, $32 for all

My sister actually found these for me. She called me up and started reading off the titles. After about she read about 5, I told her to buy them all. They're in excellent condition and every game includes a dust cover.

Model 1 Sega Genesis (TMSS)
Sega Dreamcast Sports Edition, $5 for both

As you can see from the photo, these are both kinda scuffed up. They both work flawlessly, though. I own a Sports DC already, but now I've got sort of a "beater" that I can leave hooked up all the time, keeping the one I bought new safe in its box.

360 Borderlands (complete), $16

Not much to say about this one. I've been wanting to play this game for a while, but didn't want to pay much for it. I still might've overpaid since this game has been out for a while and may be due for a price-drop. I'm gonna try to start this one tonight. The kid I bought it from said he played it for about two hours and hated it. We'll see.

Nintendo Top Secret Password Player's Guide
Super Mario Advance Perfect Guide
Resident Evil 2 Official Guide, $2 for all

The seller was originally asking $1 each on the guides, but these are all kinda beat-up, so I offered $2 for all three. I don't think I own them yet. Actually, I might already have that password guide. I'll have to check.

Japanese Dreamcast console, $3

Walked up to a sale and saw this lying on a table. No games, no cords; I asked. I didn't even intend to buy it, but I picked it up anyway and looked it over just for the heck of it. The bottom label looked funny at first, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I looked at it from the back and saw that the power input was the "figure 8" style, unlike the US version which has that "circle/square" thing going on. It also has no modem. Confused, I looked at the label again and caught it: NTSC J. Nice. Guy wanted five bucks, I offered three, he accepted. Took it home and plugged it in; works like a charm.

XB Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
XB Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
XB Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse, $12 for all

Finally, I own a copy of Morrowind. You would not believe how many times I have passed on this game. Probably about a dozen. I have not seen this game for less than 8 bucks until now. My previous copy of SH2 was missing the manual, so now I have a nice, complete one. These were originally $5 each; I offered 12 for all three which was accepted.

26 NES games: Gauntlet, Legacy of the Wizard, Batman, Adventures of Dino Riki, Dragon Spirit, Dragon Warrior, Tetris, 1942, Faxanadu, Kid Niki, Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Ultima: Exodus, Jaws, Top Gun: Second Mission (x2), Shingen the Ruler, Section Z, SMB, Slalom, The Karate Kid, F-117A Stealth Fighter, Silent Service, Stinger, Metroid, Genghis Khan, Conquest of the Crystal Palace (with manual), $10

These were laying out in two stacks. As I walked up, another guy was already digging through them. Most of them were upside down in their sleeves, but I flipped a couple over and saw some I needed for my collection. I held up a few in my hand asked how much. Interestingly, when the seller said "a dollar each", the guy next to me set down the one in his hand, stood up and walked off! Apparently that was too rich for his blood. Without counting or bothering to check which games they were, I asked how much the seller would take for all of them. He thought about it for a few seconds and asked, "10 dollars?". Sounds good to me! I paid as quick as I could and my friend helped me scoop them all up. For fun, we didn't check anymore of the titles until we got home. There are a few duds, but there are also more than a handful that I didn't already own, so it was a killer find no matter what.

Sega Mega Drive 2 (Japanese) w/2 controllers, AV cable, power cord, and 8 games:

Spider-Man, Bulls vs. Lakers, Mortal Kombat II, Beavis & Butthead, NHL '94, F1 Grand Prix (Japanese), Slime World (Japanese), Star Cruiser (Japanese), (all complete except F1 GP), $20 for all

Guy originally wanted $30 for this one, but came down to $20 for me. This is my first Mega Drive system, and while I don't have a lot of use for it, it's a neat addition to my collection. I love finding import stuff locally.

Just a couple more things coming up...

Odds and ends:
GBA AC adapter, 50c
GEN (Model 2) RF unit, $2
DVD Resident Evil Code Veronica X: Wesker's Report, $2
DC Dreamcast mouse (new), $2
Linksys Wireless G Range Expander, $3

This is my second copy of Wesker's Report, my first copy includes the original sleeve. This one has several light scratches all over the playing surface, but I let it play all the way through and it never skipped or froze once.

NES Miracle Piano Teaching system (missing pedal, cartridge, and Miracle cable), $27

Not sure if I overpaid on this one or not. I know the cable is notoriously hard to find, but I haven't laid eyes on one of these in the box (the NES-labled box, no less) since it was in stores, so I bought it anyway. The game was actually missing too, but I already had it in my collection, so I'll keep it with the piano from now on. I actually almost left this behind because it takes up too much dang space and I'll likely never use it - especially if I can't find the cable for a low price. Everything is in wonderful condition. I hooked it up when I got home and it sounds great, for what it is. The speakers still sound crisp and clean with no distortion.

The seller wanted $40 but it was late in the day and I figured he didn't want to store it any longer. I offered $25, he countered with $30, I again offered $25 and he came back with $27. Close enough.

The piano, MD2, and Sports DC were probably my favorite finds this go-round. If only I had a house big enough to display all this stuff!

how often do you go yard sailing (yay ocean!) allyourblood?
anyways, you make me want to go out and try it!

[quote name='jab1235']how often do you go yard sailing (yay ocean!) allyourblood?
anyways, you make me want to go out and try it![/QUOTE]

The more you go the more you find--but be prepared for some disappointment. You really have to commit to the task.

It seems to me that I go to 10 sales for every one that I buy something at.

So, I'm guessing that allyourblood hit 50-100 sales this last weekend.

[quote name='schultzed']The more you go the more you find--but be prepared for some disappointment. You really have to commit to the task.

It seems to me that I go to 10 sales for every one that I buy something at.

So, I'm guessing that allyourblood hit 50-100 sales this last weekend.[/QUOTE]

Well, the MD2 came from Craigslist and like I mentioned, the SNES games were actually found by my sister. It's yard sale season year-round here, for the most part and starting back in April, they've been wall to wall. This last weekend, we probably hit 45-60 sales between Saturday and Sunday.

[quote name='Porpoise King']AYB - Do you map out all your sales before you go? Or is there a certain way you find your sales?[/QUOTE]

I use Craigslist and my local paper to find sales, and then form a route. My friend and I trade off who drives each weekend, and we make sure to hit any unadvertised sales along the way, out and back.

We don't hit the same part of the city usually. We'll pick a different area each week if there are enough sales, and then branch out here and there to pick up the "scraps". If we're desperate, we'll hit more than one area and sometimes a swap meet or two as well. It's an all-morning/part of the afternoon thing usually.

[quote name='Porpoise King']AYB - Do you map out all your sales before you go? Or is there a certain way you find your sales?[/QUOTE]

Map schmap. You could have a flying car and psychic knowledge of the location of every sale in a 20-mile radius, and you still wouldn't be able to lay a finger on this guy's pure bullshit good luck.

My dad just got back from a random Wednesday yard sale on his way to the bank. He said he snagged up all the games they had for $1 each.

Pilot Wings 64
WWF Attitude 64
Namco Collection (64)
WWF Warzone (PS1)
and a copy of Grand Masters of Wrestling on DVD, which I already have.

The games are in sort of haggard shape... all the 64 games look like a kid's collection who ate a lot of cookies while playing games. Still, they clean up easily enough.

Just got around to taking pics of last week's finds:

Picked up everything for $25. She was a Red-Headed Cougar and somehow was better looking than her daughter in college. She also did a cheer for me (without me asking) because she was also selling pom-poms. She either thought I was gay (which 70% of people think) or she was hitting on me. ;)

PS2 fat complete with memory card, Dreamcast CIB with extra controller and memory card, 3 Ps2 games, 3 DC games, and about 200 pokemon / pocketmonster cards. (I took a pic of the two foil ones). I don't know anything about these things.

$1 for the GC game, $5 total for the Xbox Star Wars games and 70 xbox demo discs.

This one was a cutie, but too young for me (sophomore in college). I asked about the Genesis games and she said their system broke and offered them to me for $15. We talked a little bit more and she said "You know what? You can have them for $10"

I am not a Sega expert, but I believe shining force 2 is supposed to be a great RPG. I am just happy to have a nice complete copy of Altered Beast. :)

[quote name='slowdive21']This one was a cutie, but too young for me (sophomore in college). [/QUOTE]
Sophomore in college? Why is that too young. That's a purrfect age!

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Map schmap. You could have a flying car and psychic knowledge of the location of every sale in a 20-mile radius, and you still wouldn't be able to lay a finger on this guy's pure bullshit good luck.[/QUOTE]

Or just pure bullshit. Never know.

bread's done
Back