Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

Not really a yard sale find but didn't know where to brag...

Went to the local police auction this morning & picked up a few good deals (at least to me):

Black suede jacket - $1 (genuine leather, needs to hang up for a bit - wrinkled)
Portable light table (for slides/negatives) - $4 (figure I could use it for tracing/drawing, had a $90 price tag)
2 Kodak 2mp cameras with cables/memory cards/manuals - $13 (figure my sons could use them as "starter" cameras, boy are they bulky!)

The real shocker was a box of miscellaneous stuff I thought they would sell separately but sold the box as a lot, got it for $4:

Intec DS/DSlite metal suitcase (with all accessories included)
Off-brand FM transmitter/charger for an iPod
2 miscellaneous cellphone car chargers
A VHS-C to VHS tape adapter
3 kids CDs (nursery rhymes & such, good for my youngest)
CD folder with 25 or so discs (a lot of commercial CDs of bands I've never heard of, the majority are home-brew CDs including 2 named "Sara's Sh*t CD")
A wood carving gouge (?)
A Gameboy SP car charger
A Panasonic portable tape player/recorder w/ built in mic & speaker (about the size of a walkman)

The real goodies were at the bottom of the box:
A pair of Oakley wraparound sunglasses (real sweet-looking)
A Nextar X3-T GPS/media player (apparently you can put an SD card with MP3s or photos on it and listen/view them on the unit) I hooked it up to my computer (since there was no USB charging cable included, used one I had for my camera) and it powered up! I already have a GPS, figure I can sell this one and more than pay for the entire haul!

They didn't have too much stuff, there were more bikes than anything else. Have to check it again next spring when they have it again. Maybe there will be more "recovered" stolen items after the holidays...

Picked up the following transformers stuff at a yard sale today. Spent 40 total. Weird sale as they had the robots in bad condition marked ridiculously high, but a bag of targetmaster guns, a bag of cassettes, 2 bags of weapons all marked 5 bucks each which i snagged. They also had Abominus bots w hun-gurr in his box marked 25. Here is the list and if any collector can help me with the last 2 guns thats great

All for 40 bucks total

Targetmasters (robots not included just put who they go with) $5

Spoilsport (sureshot)
Fracas (scourge)
Caliburst & blaster (slugslinger)
Hairsplitter (spinister)
zigzag (needlenose)
tiptop, turret (quake)
flintlock & Silencer (Landfill)
boomer & ricohet x2 (quickmix)
tracer (scoop)

Casettes $5
Grandslam w big gun
Raindance complete
slugfest complete
rewind w/1 gun
eject
ramhorn

Abominus $25
cutthroat complete
sinnertwin complete
blot w/backpack
hun-gurr w/box missing gun and abominus foot
rippersnapper complete

Parts (2 bags $10 total)

g2 starscream missile
g2 prime missile
skywarp missile
Kup Laser
Brainstorm gun
quickswitch gun
sideswipe gun
kup gun
snapdragon 2 guns and booster fin
metroplex scamper gun
wingspan/pounce gun
Whirl all weapons
Trypticon blaster stand
trypticon double barrel blaster
mirage launcher
mirage missile
kickback gun
shrapnel gun
mindwipe pistol
vortex glue gun
hosehead left laser pistol
apeface gun
Highbrow gun
Wheeljack Missiles x3

Piranacon Parts
2 weapon bases
1 tripod rifle
5 connectors
tentakill slime lasers (both)
skalor crustacean rifles (Both)
overbite monster arm
overbite jawbreaker cannon

Computron parts
nosecone gun x2
strafe pulse blaster
lightspeed gun
lightspeed launcher

Devastator Parts
Scavenger missile
scavenger gun
mixmaster laser pistol
mixmaster twin blaster
mixmaster blaster
bonecrusher missile

menasor parts
head
blast deflector
foot
dead end big gun
wildrider big gun

Defensor Parts
Both Chest pieces
hose
1 cannon
blades gun

superion
fist
foot
chest

and these mystery parts
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3299/img00221k.jpg

[quote name='Javansdaddy']
The real shocker was a box of miscellaneous stuff I thought they would sell separately but sold the box as a lot, got it for $4:

Intec DS/DSlite metal suitcase (with all accessories included)
Off-brand FM transmitter/charger for an iPod
2 miscellaneous cellphone car chargers
A VHS-C to VHS tape adapter
3 kids CDs (nursery rhymes & such, good for my youngest)
CD folder with 25 or so discs (a lot of commercial CDs of bands I've never heard of, the majority are home-brew CDs including 2 named "Sara's Sh*t CD")
A wood carving gouge (?)
A Gameboy SP car charger
A Panasonic portable tape player/recorder w/ built in mic & speaker (about the size of a walkman)

The real goodies were at the bottom of the box:
A pair of Oakley wraparound sunglasses (real sweet-looking)
A Nextar X3-T GPS/media player (apparently you can put an SD card with MP3s or photos on it and listen/view them on the unit) I hooked it up to my computer (since there was no USB charging cable included, used one I had for my camera) and it powered up! I already have a GPS, figure I can sell this one and more than pay for the entire haul!

They didn't have too much stuff, there were more bikes than anything else. Have to check it again next spring when they have it again. Maybe there will be more "recovered" stolen items after the holidays...[/QUOTE]

That's crazy cool stuff you got for cheap. How'd you find out about the sale?

[quote name='willynateDgreat']That's crazy cool stuff you got for cheap. How'd you find out about the sale?[/QUOTE]

They post a notice in the police station when the sale date is, the apparently around here have one every 6 months... Sometimes its posted in the paper the day before the sale. I guess you can check with your local police station to see if they do this kind of thing...

My grandpa had an epic pick-up about 2 weeks ago that I have been meaning to post. For $35 we got.

2 Sega Genesis Systems
1 Sega Gamegear
1 NES
1 Atari 2600 (Heavy Sixer) with all original manuals
1 Nintendo 64
1 PSOne
30 Genesis games all in box
12 2600 games all with manuals
4 NES games all in box
11 Gameboy games
10 PS1 games

There may be a bit more, thats just off the top of my head. If I ever get to it I will post images.

[quote name='tarouza']

and these mystery parts
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3299/img00221k.jpg[/QUOTE]

I can tell you those guns go on the hind legs of an animal or dinosaur transformer and they attach horizontally. (so the gun is on its side and swivels up and down).

I am trying to remember from my childhood, but that is the best I can do. I want to say it is one of the orange and black animals like the lion or the cougar? /panther? or something.

[quote name='slowdive21']I can tell you those guns go on the hind legs of an animal or dinosaur transformer and they attach horizontally. (so the gun is on its side and swivels up and down).

I am trying to remember from my childhood, but that is the best I can do. I want to say it is one of the orange and black animals like the lion or the cougar? /panther? or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking Technobots or Predacons, but google has yet to yield a confirmation picture. Those guns look familiar dammit. I keep seeing a rhinoceros creature.

I quit going to library sales around here as they've got too crowded. Plus, the main reason I used to go were $1 DVDs and now yardsales around here are finally in that ballpark and the selection's usually better. My sister's had a ton of luck with 25/50 cent CDs there as well, but she listens to a lot of country which is usually what they have along with classical.

As for the re-sellers, I don't really see them. Then again, there's quite a few colleges in a 50 mile radius, so most of them stick to those I'd imagine. My friend makes at least $100 every year buying textbooks and dumping them on amazon. His gf is at a public college now compared to the private one she was at, though. He said at the private one he usually made $200+ without any real effort. He'd just stop at yardsales or boxes that had "FREE" labeled on them and then when his gf dumped a few of hers at the book store, he said it was always crowded and people would end up giving him theirs as they didn't want to wait.

Got Golden Axe II genesis(complete) - .50
Found it in a random box at a sale. Guy said he had sold the system/games at a previous sale and it must have gotten missed.
Went to an estate sale, mostly higher end antiques. It was their 3rd for this estate so they had a 50% off thing going on. Found the Robocop OCP Interceptor (police car) with a figure for .25. It's not mint, but not in bad shape. Surprised it lasted as it was worth the IAP of .50.

A small post-season find for me; my dad picked up a $5 console-only Saturn at some sale he stopped at. It works and I already have one, so maybe I'll try to region mod it or something, I dunno.

I had a good find this weekend. Two NES systems complete with cords/controllers/zappers and 39 games. $40 for everything. None of the games were anything really amazing but he had a few good ones like Metroid, Double Dragon and Tetris.

It's pretty much been dead around me too for the last couple of weeks. I only went out about 5 saturdays or so. I was mostly looking for Lego sets and any newer video games. I didn't find any video games, but I did find a couple of good Lego deals.

I went to one house where a family had some stuff set up - bikes, toys, older PS2 sports games, etc. I asked if they had any Lego and the lady says they forgot to bring them out. I was about to walk away when I turned around and said I would wait. After about 10 minutes, the kid comes back with 5 bins full of Lego (about 40 pounds). I saw a bunch of star wars stuff in there so I knew it was worth something. The kid wanted $50 for the entire lot and I agreed, though I might have gotten it for less.

It was an awesome haul though, there's a complete Millenium Falcon, a Republic Gunship, an Imperial Shuttle, Harry Potter, and some other random Ninja and Space stuff. I was very happy.

Two weekends ago, I picked up the Harry Potter Lego Castle for $5 because the lady thought it was missing a few pieces. It cost about $90 when it was new so I was very happy about that one too.

WOW , picked up the newspaper and there are so damn many sales going on. I might just hit up the community sales. This is peak garage sale time in my area. Nov and Dec.

Picked up 25 random games for $45 last weekend.

Best one was contra force for nes
also finally got mario allstars been wanting that one for a long time.

Sales today stank so much. It's the sort of thing where you keep asking for Playstation stuff and they keep bringing out n64 consoles, and you gotta be looking if the controller is a different color and breaking it off the set. Where Goodwill has Modern Warfare 2 for xbox360 marked for $30 bucks, and it's not them that even marked it at that price, it's the price on the sticker that says "salvage" fuck Then there's the part where you're giving out your contact info and nearly every stop either has games that aren't on site, or they're too lazy to bring them out. Plus there's the waiting on people to dig out fuck multiple runs of sports games, and fuck little kids having possession wars right in front of your eyes.

Sega cd model 2 no connections $1
Bunch of pokemon cards $5
Chuck rock sega cd 50 cents

N64 gameshark complete
Nes turtles 2
Gex 64
Beetle adventure racing
2 NES controllers
Total $10 I think I overpaid.

Overload of sales today. Way too many to goto.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Sales today stank so much. It's the sort of thing where you keep asking for Playstation stuff and they keep bringing out n64 consoles, and you gotta be looking if the controller is a different color and breaking it off the set. Where Goodwill has Modern Warfare 2 for xbox360 marked for $30 bucks, and it's not them that even marked it at that price, it's the price on the sticker that says "salvage" fuck Then there's the part where you're giving out your contact info and nearly every stop either has games that aren't on site, or they're too lazy to bring them out. Plus there's the waiting on people to dig out fuck multiple runs of sports games, and fuck little kids having possession wars right in front of your eyes.[/QUOTE]
Shitty day huh?

[quote name='TiKi2']Shitty day huh?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I sort of lost my cool there, I probably could've picked up another n64 red controller and Digimon 4 if impatience wasn't getting to me. Though it wasn't a complete wash just because I had my usual random bs pick-ups that sometimes pan out.

For $10 I walked away with:

- n64 atomic controller
- Kingdom Hearts 1 Toykopop Manga Boxset
- A sealed Swat 1 Police Quest for PC
- 3 Smithsonian Wooden Dinosaur puzzle things, CIB
Spinosaurus, Triceratops, Quetzalcoatlus. These aren't worth a lot, $10-15 tops for the bundle, but I remembered them from when I was a kid and this is the first time I've seen them while sailin'.
- Shivers 2: Harvest of Souls for PC

Not really a rummage sale but a Milwaukee college radio station had a "rummage sale" today.

My wife saw the ad in a newspaper and suggested I go.

I was on the fence but I went. They had tons of CDs (many promos) priced at 10 for $1. I'm guessing that there were well over 2000 CDs.

I scanned for about 90 mins. and then I wanted to get going (I think I made my way through most of them). They counted 166 . . . so I gave them a $20. Most are pretty obscure but I can list about 120 of them for $5 and up. I'm guessing I'll bring in as much at $500 in the end.

The only videogame related item was this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Video-Games-L...Q5T4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1289783954&sr=8-4

Today was impressive in that I spent $50 on Wii and NES games, and after all the haggling I'll probably clear $50 on them. XD It was such a bummer when they brought out an NES with 18 games that would've been okay for $30, but they were thinking $100. I'm pretty sure the only game of value they had in that lot was Punch Out, so that's what I'm looking at right now--I've got Punch Out, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games, plus $25 in Gamestop credit. It was something of a bummer on all these budget titles that couldn't crack the GS $1.50 trade-in mark to get the extra ten: Rig Racer 2, Kidz Sports Basketball, and Kidz Sports International Soccer. If they had been complete, I might've tried getting $10 in credit via the amazon route, but they weren't, and even though the list price for all three was around $17, I couldn't see trying to sell stuff that got one star reviews.

On the plus side I picked up a Lego set for free in the deal. It's a number 4496 and it looks like a starter set. All the bricks are still in the bag, lots of nice colors for building houses and the like.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1290280820&sr=8-1

Okay, anybody have an idea on the real value of this thing? Time to visit the lego thread!

my buddy went to some community flea market while he was in melbourne(east coast of florida) earlier this morning.

he found some guy with a shitload of games. the guy had the games priced right, pretty much(going by ebay). he had some games in cases that were worth some cash moneys(like $30+).

however, my bud ended up finding team buddies and demon fighter for 5 bucks each in the rando pile.

not sure how the guy selling the shit didnt know about team buddies at least.

$31

I didn't really haggle much since the starting price for all or most of the games seemed reasonable. I was up to 27.50 and asked about the Xbox 360 rechargable thing and I think they wanted $8 at first but I got it added in for $2.50 bringing it to $30 even then I asked about Castlevania Adventure which was with a GBC and added that in for a buck to bring it to $31 total, only other thing I haggled on was Prince of Persia (PS3) which they let me add in for $5 (I'm guessing they had $10 in mind for it for a starting price). Here's the breakdown on what they were asking for everything else.....

Earthworm Jim 2 (Saturn) - $2
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP, Complete) - $5
Old Portable & 2600 Games - .50 each (Except for Castlevaina Adventure $1)
Everything Else Pictured Not Mentioned Was A Buck Each

I've only gone to one yardsale since mid October that was a few blocks away from my place but today I saw one advertised down town that mentioned video games or video game systems in particular that I figured could be worth checking out. I'm guessing I'm not the only one but over the last month I've still seen yardsales around my area but it's only ever a few so I don't bother unless it nearby and a few of them being repeats and by this point mostly church sales in the after season, a moving sale, something Holiday related or just crazy folks having a yardsale in November/December :D (I think I remember seeing one on Christmas day advertised a few years back or at least near Christmas).

Maybe as much video game stuff as I've ever seen at a yardsale and It ended up all belonging to "dad" if I understood correctly. While nothing crazy ($1 Earthbounds, Chrono Triggers or a bunch of 1st party SNES, N64 game, PS1 $$$ RPGs etc etc) it did have some good stuff to be found. BSing it sounded like all of this stuff was in storage and brought out to be sold in an effort to lighten the video game load, the one thing that didn't make any sense at all was that they didn't have a single NES game or item for sale but I jokenly mentioned something about that and it sounded as if they may have had some NES stuff in storage that was somehow missed to be brought out for sale.

They had maybe a dozen 2600 carts, 16-bit & older portable games about a dozen or 2 dozen for each, 2 Saturn games, a ton of PS1, PS2, a decent number of xbox, PSP Movies & PS3 and a few PSP & 360 games. For systems a N64, Saturn (Model 2), Genesis 3, PS2, PStwo, Xbox, Playstation and maybe a few other I'm forget along with about a dozen different GameBoy systems ranging from the old original to regular GameBoy Advance systems. They also had some misc accesories for different systems. They actually mentioned something about eBay, I can't remember if they were trying to get across that the owner did a lot of buying or selling but I'm guessing it was buying.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']- Shivers 2: Harvest of Souls for PC[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha, this game is soooo bad. What a disappointment after the amazing first. I woulda paid for it right there and smashed it in front of the guy.

bread's done
Back