Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='slowdive21']I did have these in my pile already as another chick tried to buy them from under me.

I don't know, it is not as fun as it used to be. I may retire from Garage Saleing.[/QUOTE]

Some pretty rough experiences.

Do you think its just because its the end of the season and there aren't many sales to go to?

I have to make some time to get my finds posted (not much stuff but I owe it to you guys) :)

I've been very busy with family, stuff and watching football. Go Packers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Friday and Saturday were so-so outings . . . season is winding down here and Sat. had rain.

I saw some Xbox titles at one sale and picked out Sonic and SW RC and got them for $3:

I passed on Battlefront II and afterwords discovered it had some value. Luckily I was able to go back and then noticed the Streetfighter game . . . $3 for the second pair.

I was driving by one tiny driveway sale and I almost didn't stop but I saw a few books on a table . . . so I got out of the car. The books were junk and I was headed out when I noticed a smallish box under a table loaded with baby clothes . . .

A Genny marked $10 . . . then I looked through the games that were in the box:

I was pretty sure that ToeJam and Earl would be worth something . . . so I pitched $5 for all which was accepted. I should have asked why they had 2 copies . . .

Sat. was a rainy disaster . . . but I did hit a few sales.

Saw this Game Gear for $8 (car and AC power) with one Sonic game. The woman wouldn't budge. Of course the sound doesn't work . . . but the headphone jack does.

Saw this PS1 lot marked $25 . . . was about to skip it when I noticed the portable screen and MGS (which is worth a few bucks).

I gave the guy a bid of $10 and he said sure.
I'm sure that if one of you guys would've found it, it would have come with 20 high-end RPGs. :) But I only find cruddy bundles :whistle2:(
I checked the CD-case later to find mostly junk but a Dino Crisis and RE3 . . . which lifted the deal.

Of course, once my kids saw the portable screen (in great shape) they wanted to keep it. They did play it in the car the next day on a drive. I wonder if I should sell it all as bundle or list the screen separate.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Nah, Thanks though.... I was just kidding about the key chain.

Congrats on the free xbox![/QUOTE]

fuck

My sarcasm detector didn't pick that up at all you seemed serious as a heart attack lol

[quote name='schultzed']
Saw this PS1 lot marked $25 . . . was about to skip it when I noticed the portable screen and MGS (which is worth a few bucks).

I gave the guy a bid of $10 and he said sure.
I'm sure that if one of you guys would've found it, it would have come with 20 high-end RPGs. :) But I only find cruddy bundles :whistle2:(
I checked the CD-case later to find mostly junk but a Dino Crisis and RE3 . . . which lifted the deal.

Of course, once my kids saw the portable screen (in great shape) they wanted to keep it. They did play it in the car the next day on a drive. I wonder if I should sell it all as bundle or list the screen separate.[/QUOTE]

Those portable screens are somewhat scarce (at least around here). A guy at a local shop is trying to sell his for about $40, which is way too high for my tastes. ;)

I haven't been on here in awhile and have a backlog of about 4 weeks of finds. Have to make time to post them here before I forget the details.

Looks like yard sales are de3ad for me- only 2 advertised in my area, one is a repeat from another week and one is too far. I probably won't even go out.

Its been slow

As I was leaving to take my car in, I passed by one yard sale I saw some games and thought I'll come back in a bit
Came back like 2 hours later all the games were gone

But he had a complete Steel Battalion for Xbox with all the hookups and the game, $40, I got him to throw in Half-Life Anthology 1. I also grabbed a ps2 NA for $5

Left him my business card he said he knew where the box was and would call me in a few days.

Today was fairly bangin', therefore I'll have to keep the stories to the minimum and the finds to the maximum.

Final Fantasy 7: Greatest Hits
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Metal Gear Solid

These were all disc only, though MGS and Soul Reaver had manuals. Toss 40 winks complete into the mix. $3 total.
There was an older lady in front of me filing through the disc binder when the FF7 flashed itself at me. I waited patiently, casting my "Do not recognize" juju before diving in for the kill. I was really surprised to see a FF7 unmolested at 9ish in the morning.

Intelligent Qube (Complete) - $1
Hell yeah, this goes into the collection. Came out of a box of $1 Playstation games w/ many unrecognizable Bratz and dance titles.

16 good n64 game manuals
+ Glover - $1
I bought stuff from this guy before (he's the one who had 4-5 Daikatana's complete in box). I can't figure it out, he was stocked like he was a dealer or something but much of his stuff was set at give-away prices (Got Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon from him for a buck before)

Gameboy Pocket
+ Trauma Center: Under the Knife for DS
both for
$1.50

Starting to look like an allyourblood kind of list, but hold on, it gets worse.

n64 games:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Brothers
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Xena Warrior Princess: The Talisman of Time
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Goldeneye
Pokemon Stadium
Gauntlet Legends

$5 total.

(2) PS2 controllers +
pokemon emerald +
two other crap gba games.

$5 for all.

I might have overpaid for these, but I've never played a Red Faction game:

Cars (Gamecube, complete)
Red Faction 2 (Ps2, complete)
Starcraft + Broodwar Expansion
Dungeon Keeper 2

$3.50 for all.
No CD key on the Dungeon Keeper, the Starcraft looks ok though. Since I have both of these games for PC already, I'll try upgrading and selling off the remainder.

Creating Babylon 5 (book) - 25 cents.

13 scratch-free CDs - $12
Flip three of these and I'll get my money back. I'm not even sure what Radiohead stuff is worth so I took a chance on those.

Box of questionable stuff -
$5
Went back to the folks who sold me the Smash Bros etc, and finished them off.
Contents include:

Gameboy Color (Magenta)? w/ scratched screen
X-men Mutant Academy +
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX (both for Gameboy Color)
Disney's Treasure Planet (gba)
NBA 3 on 3 (gameboy)
cruddy n64 core, memory card, controller, no A/V or power brick
The rest of these are n64 games:
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Perfect Dark
Jet Force Gemini (disfigured label)
Army Men Sarge's Heroes 2

Either I'm getting better at ferreting this stuff out or the competition in my area is somewhere between intermittent and non-existent.
:hot:

For some reason it's still pretty hot out here and there are still as many sales as there were in July. I'm not complaining though. Had some decent finds today but I probably overpaid on some stuff. Here it is:

d345d296bd0fab3c8485310a56556401.jpg

2c5cb176acb0aba4563cf3e45198f8f5.jpg

:gc: DDR Mario Mix complete
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Shaman King manga vol. 1 - 3
Flame of Recca manga vol. 1 - 4
Total: $19
Didn't Mario Mix used to be rare or something? Anyway, decent prices, and I always enjoy finding cheap manga too.

cfaba40a929c84235898e4c93eeffd41.jpg

N64 Controller, Perfect Dark
DC Shenmue
PS1 Twisted Metal 3, Resident Evil 3
Total: $10
PS1 Atari Anniversary Edition Redux, Top Shop $1 each

Random cherry-picked stuff, if you can call it that.

33a2fedf72f8aa1e350f332f1b0a769a.jpg

Bone vol. 2 (color edition)
Pokemon XD Strategy Guide
$.50 each

[quote name='kube00']I'll take one of those ps2 controllers off your hands.[/QUOTE]

:) You might not want these. I tested them and they both work; however the green one looks to have some loose innards (I'm guessing the vibration feature is questionable). Generally it's easier for me to take these to Gamestop; though I will say that if they don't take the green one I'd be willing to pass it along to you for whatever my actual cost would be to ship, as is.

Had a really good day today actually, here's what I found:

NES (2nd Edition Dogbone System) with all hookups + 12 Games - $5

Sega Nomad + Games - $10

Both of these sales were from the same couple, pretty insane how they had two pretty rare systems. I planned on keeping both systems, but seeing how much the NES goes for, it's tempting to sell it.

Super Nintendo Games - $.25 each, $1 total

2 Gameboy Colors - $5

Tony Hawk's Underground (Xbox), Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GCN) and Mercury Meltdown Revolution (Wii) - $7 total

and this was an interesting find....

Brand New E-Reader for Gameboy Advance - $2

Pretty awesome day for sales I'd say! The NES was easily the best deal of today.

Hope everyone found some goods today!!

8 PS1 Games & 2 Manuals, 3 Last Gen Games And A 360 Controller (Burnout The Only Game Missing It's Manual) - $5
Forza 2 (Disc Only) & An Interact Deal For Wireless Controllers - $1.25
NES Sleeve - Free

The $5 find was from the first sale of the day. Asked about old games and the PS1 games were brought out in a thing marked .25 each as if they were already marked for sale and forgotten to be put out. Everything I had was totaled up to 9.25 and they took my offer of $5. $1.25 was the asking price for the 2nd find and the NES sleeve was found in a box of typical yardsale stuff and the guy said I could have it.

Non Find BS -
Didn't go out Friday, only had a list of 12 sales if I did. Saturday got up late and got out about 5-10 minutes after 9 and was out for just over 3 hours. Had a list of 25 sales and got to 30 sales total missing two at the end up the day that packed up early or didn't end up setting up.

No video games I remember that were priced way over the top and the only sale I was told I missed anything at was the one I got the NES sleeve at, the guy only mentioned a box that was out with an N64 and I'd guess some games.

The first sale was pretty funny has it had PS1 & last gen games for pocket change while it also had some 360 games for $5-15 with the best deal I would guess being Army of Two for $5. I also couldn't help myself jokingly mentioning to the sellers how Burnout looked like it was in a car crash with what the game is about.

One moving sale I stopped at had nothing going on and no signs but then a guy opened the door and told me anything inside was for sale, not much around since he was moving and it was a mess but he did have some 360 stuff. I asked about a wireless controller and he said something like what's it worth and offered it for $20 which I politely declined. I didn't even bother asking how much he would want for some of the decent 360 games figuring it wouldn't be that cheap.

At one sale I picked up a generic looking surge protector from Radio Shack out of a box of misc cords. I was gonna try and offer .25 for it and foolishly didn't notice the sticker on the bottom of it for $3. When I held it up and was told how much it was they also mentioned that they sell for $15 new. I thanked the lady and passed and told here I didn't notice the price and was thinking more like .25 or .50. While you typically don't say anything and would feel like an asshole I was thinking about mentioning getting them FAR and that you could surely get one just like the one she was selling new any day of the week for less then $15.

I'm pretty sure this is the "$15 New" Surge Protector I saw if not it might as well be the same thing - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3832493

Only other minor thing that sticks out from today was at one of the last sales I stopped at when I asked about video games the one lady asked me about SNES games and how much I pay for them only to find out that she has some in her attic at home and that she was only asking me to get an idea of what she should price them at whenever she has her own sale lol

@FOnewearl: People that charge a lot for wires fuck I remember a guy at a flea market wanting $9 for a Gamecube A/V cord, and in my world I was thinking I could get a whole system for that price.
Ended up getting a multi-A/V from a CAG for $3.50 shipped.

25-50 cents is exactly the right offer for something that can be gotten for free with a little diligence :bomb:

Here is my haul from today's yard sales...

63857_1542855125306_1052795612_31558939_6745818_n.jpg

Picked up the N.E.S. (in box) with two controllers + light gun + power glove (with sensors and game) along with:

Mario / Duck Hunt / Track n Field
Tetris
Contra
Metroid
Zelda
Zelda 2
Punch Out
Marble Madness
Simpsons - Bart Vs Space Mutants

All for $50.

Then I picked up the Ice Blue N64 with controller and mysterious PS2 dualshock and:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
007 The World is Not Enough
Star Wars Shadow of the Empire

For $10.

Finally, I found a used Intellivision with 14 games, in box, with instructions and overlays.

For $1.

Not many game related finds today, but the highlights were a Tony Hawk Ride (with the limited red board) for PS3 used, but packed back into it's original packaging for $10, and Kirby's Tilt and tumble for gameboy for 50 cents.

[quote name='jshackles']Here is my haul from today's yard sales...

63857_1542855125306_1052795612_31558939_6745818_n.jpg

Picked up the N.E.S. (in box) with two controllers + light gun + power glove (with sensors and game) along with:

.[/QUOTE]

I love the PowerGlove - it's SO bad . . .

Seriously though, I'd love to have one of those.

Got a few things yesterday, but not much. Puzz3D Millennium Falcon, 2 Battletech toys, a Ryu figure, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, the Macross Plus soundtrack...

Guess the season's about over here too, even though it was nice and warm.
At one sale, a guy wanted $30 for used Mercenaries 2, and wouldn't budge to $20 (someone else was trying to buy it). Obviously, I wasn't stupid enough to bother after that.

Another kid wanted $30 for a GBA and $5 for the charger. So I picked out the only good game in his lot, Kirby for $2.

Another person wanted $2 per CD... the ones you usually can find for $0.25-$0.50 at any other sale.

The guy with the figures had 9 bins of them, but things were dripping wet. Guess he decided to spray them to get dust off, but it made looking through them uncomfortable. So I stopped after awhile.

I passed on ~100 Atari games with system, but no paddles for $60. I'm sure I could have gotten him down lower, but I just find myself not very enthusiastic about games older than NES.

Never get to post since i am a mailman and usually always work on Saturdays but today i went to a small flea market and came across a great load of PS1 RPGS...the guy wanted $10 for the Lunars and $5 each on the rest...both Lunars seem complete and even the paper wrapping is still on the medallion...most of the discs are in great shape so for $90 i got the following

Lunar
Lunar 2
Suikoden
Suikoden II:drool:
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tales of Destiny
Legend of Mana
Alundra 2
Silent Hill
Saga Frontier
Saga Frontier 2 (missing back cover)
Breath of Fire IV
Hoshigami
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve

sorry for the huge pic

very curious to see how much i can make from these
20100926161358931.jpg

[quote name='Jedi1979']Never get to post since i am a mailman and usually always work on Saturdays but today i went to a small flea market and came across a great load of PS1 RPGS...the guy wanted $10 for the Lunars and $5 each on the rest...both Lunars seem complete and even the paper wrapping is still on the medallion...most of the discs are in great shape so for $90 i got the following

Lunar
Lunar 2
Suikoden
Suikoden II:drool:
Persona 2
Final Fantasy VII
Tales of Destiny
Legend of Mana
Alundra 2
Silent Hill
Saga Frontier
Saga Frontier 2 (missing back cover)
Breath of Fire IV
Hoshigami
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve

sorry for the huge pic

20100926161358931.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is such a beautiful haul...:cry::applause:

[quote name='Jedi1979']very curious to see how much i can make from these
[/QUOTE]

Your find is basically what I've been dreaming of all summer.

You're going to make a crapload of $ . . . not bad on your day off.
I see something like $500 in value . . . maybe more if you're patient. You should give us a number when your done.

After Jedi and Penguin (and pretty much the rest of you) . . . I no longer feel like posting my gaming finds :whistle2:(

Although, I did have one stroke of luck this weekend. Today, I was walking the dog and I found some old textbooks in the trash a block away (neatly put out in a box). About half are worth selling and I estimate that they have a listing value of $300 with some in demand. I sold one for $50 within an hour of listing.

[quote name='Jedi1979']
[/QUOTE]

A lot, put simply. You'll likely get a x5 return on your investment, at the lowest. More realistically, you're probably looking at $600 - $700 (With Suikoden II making up a large portion of that). Congrats.

Also, if you do list them on eBay, make sure to swap out the cases with new ones from Target or Kmart, you'll be able to get more for them if the cases aren't cracked or covered in stickers.

Edit: Just looked at the picture and guesstimated the value at about $680 based on what I've previously sold some of those games for. I've previously sold a copy of every game you found except Suikoden II, which I'm relatively certain is worth about $110 - $120 in Complete, Very Good condition. You may also want to wait until November to list these, as prices are low right now and will start to pick up in October (and peak in January).

[quote name='Potatoeman'], and I think you'll all like it.[/QUOTE]

Or, we'll start crying :)

$500 for Jedi was very conservative on my part--basically just dumping them quickly--disc condition could made a big difference . . . the "patience" I brought up assumes selling in Nov-Dec.

Here is half of that epic lot I picked up a while back finally got around to documenting it. Not pictured 24 genesis games.
segalot002.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']Got a few things yesterday, but not much. Puzz3D Millennium Falcon, 2 Battletech toys, a Ryu figure, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, the Macross Plus soundtrack...

Guess the season's about over here too, even though it was nice and warm.
At one sale, a guy wanted $30 for used Mercenaries 2, and wouldn't budge to $20 (someone else was trying to buy it). Obviously, I wasn't stupid enough to bother after that.

Another kid wanted $30 for a GBA and $5 for the charger. So I picked out the only good game in his lot, Kirby for $2.

Another person wanted $2 per CD... the ones you usually can find for $0.25-$0.50 at any other sale.

The guy with the figures had 9 bins of them, but things were dripping wet. Guess he decided to spray them to get dust off, but it made looking through them uncomfortable. So I stopped after awhile.

I passed on ~100 Atari games with system, but no paddles for $60. I'm sure I could have gotten him down lower, but I just find myself not very enthusiastic about games older than NES.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't pay that much for atari stuff, you will most likely have to throw out the controllers and its not worth all that much on ebay especially if most of the games are commons. The system might not even work. I would pay maybe $30 for this only because it included so many games. This is a case of people think its worth a lot when it really isn't.

The first part of my post is not video game related, but antique related. Its still interesting though! Skip past it to see my game haul.

Alrighty, here's my haul. Last Thursday my mom told me about a sale one of her customers was having. She said he had a lot of antiques and to go check them out for her, so I went. He had very little electronics, but he did have a lot of old stuff. Cool stuff. He's 93 years old and was getting all of the stuff out of his house so he could sell it, and I picked up two things.

This is one - probably not worth anything more than I spent, but I think my dad will like it as a gift. The old guy said he bought it in Spain a looong time ago. If he wasnt a friend I wouldnt believe him, but there's no certificates or anything. It still fires and everything, but it needs gunpowder and etc. it smells like its been used, but Im not an expert. paid $20.

1000678.jpg

The other item I bought from him was a safe. It weighs a ridiculous amount - I would post pictures but I have yet to move it out of his house because it's so massive. 2 ft wide, 3 ft tall and incredibly heavy, I could barely nudge it. Im moving it on Wednesday, maybe Ill post a picture afterward. It was made in 1843, has a patent plaque on the front of it. Still closes, works, even has the key to it. My grandfather used to appraise antiques and says it could be worth $600-1000, but he needs to inspect it more closely.

Now for the actually gaming finds.

1000679l.jpg

1000680.jpg

1000681d.jpg

1000682b.jpg

I got all these games from the game guy - the GBA games were $5 each. I had some major luck with the playstation stuff though. The guy said he had been looking to get rid of all this stuff for a while, and to just take everything he had in the box for $50, I argued him down to $35 saying that there are cracks and such. There's also a PS1 system w/ cables, 1 controller, and 1 memory card that I just tested to work.

All of the games are CIB with all manuals and etc. The GBA games even have the little bags that come with it. Some of the cases have small cracks or scratches, but discs look great. Kingdom Hearts CoM is still sealed and yes, there's two copies of BoF3 for some reason...

Good to see the thread still going strong. Just don't have the time lately to take pics and post finds. However I picked up this lot of Anime DVD's and while this is definately not my forte, I figured it had to be worth the $5 I paid for it. Can anyone give me an idea of exactly what these are and an ebay value as a lot and or individually. The Hunter X set appears to be 70 episodes. I think the other ones are season sets of that YU YU guy or whatever his name is. All are in japanese with piss poor English and Chinese sub titles. All discs are flawless. I'm not looking to give it away, I'd prefer to stick with a BUY IT NOW price and let it sit if need be. any help is greatly appreciated
img0871m.jpg

[quote name='snotknocker']Good to see the thread still going strong. Just don't have the time lately to take pics and post finds. However I picked up this lot of Anime DVD's and while this is definately not my forte, I figured it had to be worth the $5 I paid for it. Can anyone give me an idea of exactly what these are and an ebay value as a lot and or individually. The Hunter X set appears to be 70 episodes. I think the other ones are season sets of that YU YU guy or whatever his name is. All are in japanese with piss poor English and Chinese sub titles. All discs are flawless. I'm not looking to give it away, I'd prefer to stick with a BUY IT NOW price and let it sit if need be. any help is greatly appreciated
img0871m.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those look like bootlegs... And it's Yuu Yuu Hakusho.

I know a little about anime, and those are definitely bootlegs. The quality of the subtitles should be a dead giveaway. If you try to sell them on ebay you might get in trouble for counterfeit goods, I wouldn't risk it.

I haven't check the boards in a few day... Let me just say, that last page was EPIC!! I'm pumped. Anyone else get a high when they hear about people getting great deals? lol. Congratulations to everyone.

Yeah, all that anime is definitely Chinese/Hong Kong bootlegs. The first indication is that the subtitles are in "Engrish" and also include Chinese subs. Legit releases almost never have Chinese subs.

[quote name='kermit036']I haven't check the boards in a few day... Let me just say, that last page was EPIC!! I'm pumped. Anyone else get a high when they hear about people getting great deals? lol. Congratulations to everyone.[/QUOTE]

While I'm happy for my fellow CAGers, those posts had the opposite effect on me. Here the season is pretty much done and I don't see much going on any longer. I'm not sure if I will troll around tomorrow. I have some better places to buy books (my main objective anyway) but I won't have time to do both.

I guess I will hold off on retiring...

I had my own garage sale today with my neighbor, but I went to 3 sales before we opened and one after we closed.

Trivial Pursuit 20th anniversary edition, Pieces still sealed $1

The Simpsons Clue, Pieces still sealed $1

1/2 off (this was from the sale I went to late in the day). This was the only video game stuff her son would part with. The rest of the old stuff was "traded to gamestop (years ago)" Paid $1 total and also got 2 textbooks (not pictured).

3 manly VHS tapes and a NES quick shot Arcade Stick $1

AND probably my last finds of this season...

Paid $10 total

I might hit a sale or 2 tomorrow, but I am leaning towards staying home, so I can end the season on a good high.

There is 1 I have to hit Saturday though...

If anyone is wondering I found the problem with the Pokemon games, its not the contacts its the battery inside. The game doesn't work cause the battery is either almost dead or dead. In my case I got a cart with a rusted battery inside.

You can fix this by replacing the battery, but you need to know how to solder and have a soldering iron + solder + battery and holder parts. The battery and holder parts are really cheap.

It seems to me pokemon games in particular have that problem saraAB... weird...

I have a neat story for today! I woke up at 7:30 this morning... to go give platelets at the blood bank... They asked me to give plasma instead, which I said yes to. I dont know if the nurse drawing the blood was bad at it, or if they just messed up, but they had to terminate it because my vein closed halfway through the procedure. Got blood all over my right arm, reaaallly not a good start to the month I thought...

Afterwards however, I decided to stop at a local half-price books on the way home and low and behold, amongst all the guides I found this -
1000710d.jpg

You may be able to see, but it isnt very minty. It has some scratch on the front and back, but otherwise its not too bad! Only 6.95 too!

Today I found:
PS1 : Creatures .50 (missing manual)

PS1 : Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (mint) $3!!
Was asking $5, CIF $3. Shocked at how much it's worth. Not much of an RPG guy, but Persona is one of those titles (like Final Fantasy or Zelda) that's in the back of my head when I see games. Score!

Was at a town-wide sale last weekend. Stopped by a house that had a milk crate on a table with PS1 & PS2 games stacked inside. Sign on the crate said "PS1-$10/ PS2 $15". PS1 games were all missing manuals, & mostly lame titles (Rugrats, etc) & the PS2 ones were sports/commons (Path of Neo, Tiger Woods). Was a bit confused and asked "are the prices for all?", and the woman said "no, that's for each, the PS2 games are the ones in the big cases".
riiiiggghhttt....
Some people..

First time doing a yard sale

All for $10

IMG_2080.jpg

Flipping Final Fantasy 2 since this is my 3rd copy and Populous since I dont like this game

Garage sales sucked today.

$2 for Knex, $1 for book
dsc01396lm.jpg

$2
dsc01395qj.jpg

$5 for P.E. (no demo disk, finally found it in the wild), $2 for Pan's Labyrinth
dsc01394g.jpg

Went to two Goodwills because of the lack of decent garage sales. Found these at the first one. Mario 64 was $2.99. Star Fleet Command III is complete, and the definite find of the day.
dsc01392x.jpg

Found these at the second one. GF wanted 7th Guest for the longest time, probably since it first came out in the 90s or whatever it was. The Icewind Dale II disks are in great shape, else I probably wouldn't have gotten them.
dsc01393l.jpg

Went to Book Off afterwards, and got these for $1 each. Parasite Eve game and guide on the same day.
dsc01397fc.jpg

Overpriced B.S.
At one garage sale, they wanted like $10 for each game. The only one they were selling that's worth more than $5 was Contra complete. The rest included NES baseball games, and DDR.

At another (where I got Parasite Eve, guy wanted $30 for God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil, $15 for cart only Final Fantasy Tactics A2, etc...

Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge (PS2, Complete) & Sonic The Hedgohog 3 (Genesis, Cart) - $1.25
The Incredible Hulk: The Pantheon Saga (PS1, Complete) - $2
Ratatouille: Food Frenzy & Meteos: Disney Magic (NDS, Both Card Only) - $1
Forgotten Worlds (Genesis, Boxed) & Toughman Contest (32x, Complete) - $2
2600 Joystick - .25

First Sale PS2 games a buck each and 1 lone Genesis game in Sonic 3 for .25. The Playstation game was asking price from a vender at a flea market type deal they do twice a year. I asked about video games at one sale to be told that the kids loose the games in the couch and they usually get thrown out when found if the kids don't care about them and the guy mentioned some DS games he found but didn't throw out yet. I offered a buck for Meteos and he said I could take them both for that price. Picked out 2 Genesis games at a sale that had a few out marked $2 each, no problem taking $2 for both. Saw the 2600 joystick out no price took a quarter for it.

N64 With 1 Controller, Hookups & 2 Games (Mario Party 3 & WCW NWO Revenge) - $7
Conker: Live & Reloaded, Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb (Xbox, Both Complete) - $6

I only did a seperate picture for this stuff as I actually ran out and tripped over this sale shortly after 2 and had already taken a picture of everything else already. Unadvertised sale in town that I've been to before a few years ago and they were all set up as 2 sales at one house. The N64 stuff was marked $15 and I offered $5 for it which was countered with $7. The other half of the sale had some PS2 & Xbox games and I picked out Conker, was $5 a game but took my offer of $3. I actually had to come back as I had no money on me and when I came back I ended up asking about $5 with Indiana Jones added in but they countered with $6 for both so I just went with it instead of trying to argue it to save a buck.

Non Find BS -
Only 12 sales Friday so I didn't bother going out. Saturday I got out just before 9 and was out for 3 1/2 hours. Had a list of 27 sales and got to 38 sales and one decent sized flea market they do twice a year.

I only missed out on 3 sales that were Friday only and wasen't told about a single thing that I missed when I asked about video games today. Most expensive, runner up would be Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Volume 2 (PS2) marked $10 from the sale I got the 2600 joystick from (also passed on the lone 2600 game in Super Challenge Baseball, no price) and the winner being a 2600 with everything needed but no games for $30 which I didn't bother with but looking back should have tested them and offered $3 for, I asked about games just incase a big box was included say under the table that wasen't showcased very well but I was told that they couldn't find the games that they used to have that went with the system.

Was told at a house or two that the games were sold last sale or year and at one that (her) husband wouldn't let her sell the old Nintendo and for something a little different I was told when I asked about video games at one sale that Jr keeps asking if said old video games were found whenever mom goes digging in the attic.

I had to go out to my Sister's house to take care of her cats since she's away this weekend and I ended up going to two more sales, the later was one that was advertised right at the corner of the street she lives on but the important one was an unadvertised sale I happened to pass by on the way out of town that I would have missed if I didn't have to go out to her place today. Afterwards I'm thinking that I didn't really get any sort of even minor deal on Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb for $3 but I added it in when I came back has I made the mistake of not having any money on me and (perhaps) lost the edge on haggling when I came back, it was a mild want of mine so I don't feel bad about it with Conker along with it.

The second picture is a perfect example of how much luck factors into what you find at yardsales, 36 sales and I didn't really find anything better then some alright parting gifts then the yardsale gods must have been watching over me seeing as I stubbled into my best finds just after 2 PM between 2 sales, one that I could have easily missed being unadvertised and picked over better being on a busy street (hence the reason they must not bother spending the money on advertising).

bread's done
Back