Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']You can get twist ties for free from the produce aisle of your local supermarket.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info but I should have specified. I'm looking for black 5"-6" twist ties.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']@FOneWearl: And now I know the sorrow of passing on a $1 disc-only Digimon World.[/QUOTE]

I passed on 2 of the Digimon World games at the flea market a few years ago that I was thinking I should have bought afterwards. Next week only one of them was left, IIRC it was the 3rd one I missed out on.

Sales are just starting back up, but I missed this weekend. My car has a weird problem and won't start in the morning.

My brother did make a decent find this weekend. He picked up a iPhone for $20. He said the lady was selling it for that since it didn't have a charger. He thinks it's more likely at that price since the phone is one of the first gen of iPhones. He's planning on using it as a portable video player. The iPhone has a bigger screen than his droid.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Solid Snake $1.50. I'm rather shocked at how much this goes for.

A bunch of quartz rocks in a box. "50¢ Whole Box". I confirmed the price anyway. I don't know where the box comes from.

28 NES games. $1.00 each, but I offered $20 for all. Dragon Warrior IV is the only valuable game, but there were a few games with nostalgic value. Mega Man 2 had to have the only hurt label. This was at a church sale. When we (my brother and I) got there, we didn't realize there were multiple buildings to the church, so when we started walking up to the main church we were greeted with hearses and a man in a suit with a "FUNERAL" tag. The sale was in the building behind. Very bizarre.

PS2 games. The top four were 2 for $5, which is pretty high for mediocre games. The rest were 50 cents each and one table away from the sale my mom was having (at a community sale). It was her first sale in several years and probably her last. The second Code Veronica X has Soul Reaver instead of the demo.

A bunch of 2600 games. $6. Just filler. The Frogger box is just the box with some instructions and catalogs inside. Another Pac-Man - I've found four 2600 lots this year and they all had Pac-Man.

Not shown: An unopened Intec GBA starter kit from Toys R Us for 3.00 and a cart only Pokemon Pinball for a quarter.

These are Thursday's finds. I visited with a friend on Friday and had the Chicago CAG meet up Saturday (all day at an Arcade), so this is all I got!

Misc books 6 for $1

Marge Burger King promo sealed and a tea set $1 total.

Genesis, games, Casio adding machine, etc $3 for all

Star Wars SAFEWAY promo packs $2 (about 40 packs).

PS2, wavebird, games, TI-83 calculator, memory cards, etc.

Wanted $30 just for the PS2. Ended up paying $15 total :bouncy:

Hopefully I will have time to hit some sales this weekend.

[quote name='slowdive21']These are Thursday's finds. I visited with a friend on Friday and had the Chicago CAG meet up Saturday (all day at an Arcade), so this is all I got!

PS2, wavebird, games, TI-83 calculator, memory cards, etc.

Hopefully I will have time to hit some sales this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I've learned that picking up any Graphing calculator for under 5 dollars tends to pay off. I got a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition last year for 5 dollars and managed to sell it on ebay for $75. I do regret that though as I could use the thing now.

[quote name='dodgeme']I've learned that picking up any Graphing calculator for under 5 dollars tends to pay off. I got a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition last year for 5 dollars and managed to sell it on ebay for $75. I do regret that though as I could use the thing now.[/QUOTE]

I picked up 2 of them in the 2nd half of the rummage season last year (after I learned about them here). But I haven't seen a single one this year. :whistle2:(

I saw 3 at one sale, but they were a ti 63 or something (blue, low end graphing?), and the guy wanted $8 each. I forgot to look them up and go back for them.

EDIT: I am getting rained out! :bomb:

I have seen the calculators here but that amounts to people wanting $25+ for older models which I am not even sure if they are worth anything, they also want $5 + for any scientific calculator but I did pick up 2 TI basic scientific calculators for 50 cents each earlier in the year so I am covered for those.

ha waste of time. my mom and dad asked if i wanted to go with them to some yardsales this morning and we went to a whopping 2. of course i didnt see anything. i usually need at least that third sale before i see something.

Hit 2 garage sales today.

First sale had some games stuff, my first big game sale.
They had 360, atari, ps2 and pc games. Even a Ps1 for $5.
Only problem was they forgot to cover it up. Most games were waterlogged and water damaged. I saw a prize a 360 HD DVD drive. Was $25. Would have haggled but it was covered in water. SO disappointing. Did buy a DS case for 25 cents.

2nd sale the guy had tons of DVD, all in like new condition including TV shows like The 4400. All movies were $3 and 4/$10. I got

4/$10
Watchmen
Public Enemies: Special Edition and has Digital Copy
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Californication: Season One

BF got
Push
The Andromeda Strain- A&E Version
crap
History Channel crap

Was very happy.

[quote name='juangrande386']i usually need at least that third sale before i see something.[/QUOTE]

This seems to be the case for me. It seems like once I've hit 5-10 sales, then I can find some gaming stuff. Then if I pay more dues, I might see some other game stuff.

adriley313 . . . I really hate how some people don't take care on rainy days.

NES Zapper - .25
Turbo Grafix 16 Bundle With 18 Games All Hookups & Some Misc - $10
Castlevania Adventure 2 - .75
Top Gear Rally 2 & Some Misc N64 Stuff - $1.50

Found the zapper at the first sale, no price seller said how about a buck to which I said I was thinking .25 which was taken. Asked about video games at the second sale of the day and I was pointed to the box I overlooked in the first picture which was kind of easy to miss (hidden in plain sight), said $10 on it and I was sold! Unadvertised sale asking about games I was pointed to a small thing with books that had a Game Boy game in it also that I didn't notice, they were asking .75. One of the last sales of the day, wanted a buck per a game and I ended up adding in the rumble pack & empty case for .50 more (passed on a generic N64 memory card, generic rumble pack and a WCW wrestling game in a snapcase like the ones I got).

Non Find BS -
Got out late (shortly after 8:30) and was out for almost 2 hours 45 minutes Went to 18 sales total and had a list of 16.

Nothing overprice, I don't think I even saw a single last gen game today and at only one sale I was told that they sold the "video games" yesterday (Thursday).

This is the first time I've found anything TG16 at a yardsale around my area and while it's harder to find TG16 stuff in the wild then other 16 bit systems anywhere it's that much harder in my area I'd imagine as the only store that carried it when it was new around here was Electronics Boutique. Before this I once found a controller & Splatterhouse (CIJ) at the flea market on seperate occasions that being all I've found in the wild for used TG16 stuff ever.

The stuff in the top left corner is some newsletter type stuff and it has the same address on it that I got the stuff at so I can tell that this wasen't all bought in some other area then moved to my area and packed away at some point (Bonk 3 being the exception you could say).

This was found at about 8:45 so besides being poorly displayed I'm guessing that it was overlooked for those that noticed the box of stuff breezing by as many people wouldn't know what it was and might have been looked at closer if it was say an NES with 18 games in the box for $10 which would have been more likely to catch somebody's eye since just about everybody remembers the NES.

When I was pointed to this I opened up the bag with some card games flipped back 2 or 3 games to land on Bonk 3 paid right away and didn't bother looking over for any missing cord etc etc and trying to haggle and figured I'd have a surprise to look foward to when I got home seeing what all it came with. I was told that he was asking $10 for it and how you couldn't go wrong as if jr decided the price to put it out for.

The funniest part about this sale was that they had an old TV up and running and I overheard a lady who was buying a VCR for $10 as it sounded like the seller offered to (it was marked $15). I heard said lady telling another family member who questioned why and what she was buying to which she replied because they had so many VHS tapes around the house and no player. A good example of a yardsale having good prices & bad prices on different stuff depending on what it is and who's pricing it.

[quote name='schultzed']adriley313 . . . I really hate how some people don't take care on rainy days.[/QUOTE]

I didn't bother to go more overboard and mention it in my last post in the non finds BS part but I did see a sale today were everything got rained on and nobody was around so I'm guessing besides leaving the stuff out in the rain they either over slept or decided not to bother since it rained in the middle of the night/early morning and was still cloudy this morning. The worst I've ever seen this and it was a sad sight to behold lol

^^I found a tg-16 with 10 games about a month ago everything works great except the turbo pad. If your looking to sell/trade the pad let me know.

My grandpa managed to find 2 NES systems with hookups and 4 controllers and 4 games (Ghosts N' Goblins, Blades of Steel, Double Dribble, Dr. Mario) for $7.00. Still a poor year for my finding things.

VERY Nice find on the TG 16. I think Toys R Us sold them too, I remember seeing pictures of the demo kiosk and the systems on clearance, they went on clearance after a while (along with the Turbografx handheld). I have never seen Turbografx stuff in the wild at all here.

I guess its concieveable that I could find it here, its just that I don't think we even had TRU then in my area, it was child world, which was basically like TRU but without the giraffe mascot.

People are really stupid to leave stuff in the rain, they obviously don't realize that electronics get ruined and no one will want them after its all been waterlogged. This tells me that they really don't value any of their stuff at all.

It's hard to go to garage sales when you work 25 hours a week and trying to graduate from college. I still enjoy reading your guys finds though and rage with jealously from afar.

I really wanted that HD DVD drive for the 360. But the water scared me away.
Now Im wishing i would have bought the white faceplate new.

anyone know how much an all-leather official pacman backpack would go for ? i can't find it on ebay, but the guy at the yard sale said $5 for 2 of em, so i might go back if it's worth it.

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']anyone know how much an all-leather official pacman backpack would go for ? i can't find it on ebay, but the guy at the yard sale said $5 for 2 of em, so i might go back if it's worth it.[/QUOTE]
I don't know anything about its value, but go for it. It's only $5, and if in a few months one sells for a lot, you'll be pretty annoyed.

[quote name='TheHelix']It's hard to go to garage sales when you work 25 hours a week and trying to graduate from college. I still enjoy reading your guys finds though and rage with jealously from afar.[/QUOTE]

haha, same here. I check this all the time.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Turbo Grafix 16 Bundle With 18 Games All Hookups & Some Misc - $10

[/QUOTE]

fuck

Nice find . . . that is a sweet bundle. I had a TG16 that I bought at a resale shop for $10. It was complete in original box but the missing the pack in game (Keith Courage). I bought a complete copy of the game on half.com for a few bucks and sold the sys for well over $100.

Things are really slowing here :whistle2:(

I was going to go to a community-wide sale in Saukville WI (supposed to be over 80 sales) . . . anyone near there??

Its a good hour away and I bailed on the idea.

Today was the second Saturday in a row with strong rain in the AM . . . crap!

^^^Got rained out today as well, but I did make it to 2 sales before the downpour began.

I did hit 1 sale yesterday and here is a brief story...

I saw one of the usual suspects talking to the guy running the sale. He always buys electronics (he must resell them on CL, because he buys pretty much everything).

As he is talking to the owner about a stereo receiver, I pick up a xbox and start looking through the bundle and games. I wait patiently with the box because I do not want to interrupt their conversation.

The guy sees me holding the box and says to the owner "How much for the xbox?"

The owner replies $25 and the guy says "I'll take that too". Now this was early in the morning and it only came with a sport's game and a halo game w /guide so I didn't start an argument.

Now this guy is on my shit list. I am hitting the sales hard next weekend and I am going to cock block him whenever possible. It just bothers me that he started hitting my territory the past couple of years. He should respect his Garage Sale Elders (though I am probably younger than him). ;)

Here are my finds from 1 sale.

Dealer's Choice game

Fisher Price stuff.

OK another story similar to the first...

:bomb: As I am picking up my FP stuff a lady comes up and grabs the horses that come with the farm and some other pieces. I wasn't feeling confrontational, but I said. "I think those go with this (and I pointed to the farm I was buying)" She said "Well I bought one last week and it didn't have any people." She then offered/handed the owner $1 total for the pieces and left the sale before hearing the owner's answer.

That one really pissed me off, but it is her first offense against me, so I will let it slide. :lol:

I did have these in my pile already as another chick tried to buy them from under me.

I ended up paying $7 total for everything mainly because the owner felt bad about what happened. I didn't bother trying to negotiate since it started to rain. I still got a pretty good deal since he originally wanted $20 for everything.

I don't know, it is not as fun as it used to be. I may retire from Garage Saleing.

Ok, I only had one find today but it was pretty amazing.

5bc1ae51087c71d5bbbff591e3b42921.jpg

Genesis games - all complete unless otherwise noted
Toy Story
Tiny Toon Adventures - Buster's Hidden Treasure
Goofy's Hysterical History Tour
Mickey Mania
Spot Goes to Hollywood
AAAHH!! Real Monsters
Sonic 2 (no manual)
General Chaos
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Earthworm Jim

a3f93f9bacfb7ed8a3ca7f3481ea257c.jpg

More Genesis stuff and other stuff
Genesis Cleaning System CIB
Genesis Game Genie
Cart-only games: Sonic 3D Blast, Vectorman, Dynamite Headdy, Desert Demolition starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote, Pac-Man 2 The New Adventures
Robocop vs. Terminator box & manual (no cart)
Sonic & Knuckles manual (nice, my boxed copy needed one)
Jurassic Park w/ manual
Monopoly w/ manual
1 plastic NES game case
Red vs. Blue Season 1 Special Edition DVD

Now to the main attraction.
3135b42553303aee36a578c5a6662401.jpg

N64 system w/ power & AV plus expansion pack (no controllers)

ead396b7f2aefda6f67897590458f1e2.jpg

A whole crap load of N64 games
Starcraft 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium
Vigilante 8
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense
Tonic Trouble
Pokemon Puzzle League
Goldeneye 007
Jet Force Gemini
Glover
Bomber Man 64
Paper Mario
Mario Tennis
Iggy's Reckin' Balls
Hey You Pikachu
Mario Party 2
Banjo-Kazooie
South Park Chef's Luv Shack
Gameshark Pro 3.2
Banjo-Tooie
Mario Party 3
Battle Zone
Mario Party
Pokemon Snap
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
Donkey Kong 64
Zelda Majora's Mask
Kirby Crystal Shards
Diddy Kong Racing
Space Station Silicon Valley
Rugrats Scavenger Hunt
Rugrats in Paris The Movie
Turok Dinosaur Hunter
Army Man Air Combat
Toy Story 2
Rayman 2
South Park Rally
Yoshi's Story
Army Men Sarge's Heroes
WCW vs. nWo World Tour
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Vol 1

For all this I paid $40. Which is pretty damn good in my book. I couldn't believe how many N64 games were in that box, and not a single sports game. Time to sell some extras though, I'm running out of space again.

I had a pretty good day myself for once picked up the following

DSCF8107.jpg

Looks complete $3

DSCF8110.jpg

1 buck for the hell of it

DSCF8109.jpg

5 bucks i needed a new chair

And my mother load

DSCF8108.jpg

DSCF8113.jpg

DSCF8112.jpg

DSCF8111.jpg

Thats a PS2, Guitar Hero 3 bundle, 2 controllers 1 wireless, 2 mem cards, DVD remote, 28 PS2 games and 8 PS1 games all for $45.

I needed to protect a cute girl from space aliens late last night so today was completely casual. I headed for my usual senior center haunt and picked up a Gameboy Advance link cable and Gameboy Advance SP adaptor for $4. I figured I was okay on this considering the Pokemon Yellow cart hidden in the back of the bag ;) It was a weird way for a seller to put a bundle together if you ask me, but I'm not complaining (at least until I see a dead battery XD)

Sorry, camera battery died, and we haven't found the charger for it yet.

Got up at 6:10 to go about 40 minutes away, cause there seemed to be more sales up there, and we've never garage saled up there. It was mostly a mistake, since two of the four community sales were much smaller than advertised (60+ had about 10, 24 unit one had... 1).

Did a lot less haggling than usuaul for whatever reason.... Didn't do too bad, but probably won't bother driving that far in the future for garage saling.

First stop, 40 minutes away, advertised anime, manga, cosplay, games, etc.
Got Card Captor Sakura manga vol 1-6, six Artemis Fowl books (not pictured, GF wants to read them before sending them to her brother), and Dirge of Cerebus (BL) for $10.
They wanted $1 a piece for CCS, $1 a piece of Artemis Fowl, and an unsure $15 for Dirge, which obviously isn't worth $15.

1c9ac0fe.jpg

e5738acc.jpg

Heavy Rain was marked $20, while Oddworld Munch's Oddessey, Sex and the City, and Eragon were marked $1 each. Offered $20 for all of it, he asked for $21~$22, and as I said $21, he said he would take $20... oh well. Been wanting Heavy Rain for $20 or below, so I didn't mind paying it.
76098ffd.jpg

Church sale benefitting cancer or some other benefit had Doom 3, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, and Breakdown for $3 a piece. They also had this Puzz3D for $2, and a plate that we saw a week or two before for $2 (instead of $10-$15 we saw it at before). Didn't haggle, since it's not exactly a bad cause...
4fd33b17.jpg

Bought 5 CDs with the Ravenheart/Amazon game for $5. They wanted $7. Probably could have asked for less, but oh well. Point Blank was $1, lady was asking for $2.

Kinex 3' ferris wheel, $7.
3d65978c.jpg

Lego Mindstorms Robotic Invention 1.5, $2.
54657553.jpg

Not sure if I did well on this lot yet... hope the Guild Wars thing s worth something, especially since the game inside is unopened. But she wrote on the box =( Paid $20 for everything. I didn't want the WoW battlechest at all, but she threw that in with Guild Wars expansions for free when I offered to buy the rest.
841d9ee0.jpg

Find of the day, one of the last stops on our way back home (not pictured cause I don't want to bother taking them out of the bin.
3x N64s, 2x rumble packs, a few N64 controllers, 1x Sega Saturn (no cables at all), 2x PS1s, 1x black Dreamcast, a couple games :)dc:Silent Scope, :dc:World Series Baseball 2k1, :dc:Virtual Cop in the DC, a sports game in the Saturn, Soul Reaver in one PS1, haven't opened the second PS1, (n64)Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, (n64)Tonic Trouble, (n64)JetForce Gemini, (n64)Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, (n64)Wave Racer 64)
ALL FOR $25

Not pictured: 25-30 books and a pig..piggy bank for kids that counts.

Do you have this console for sale? If so I'd like to buy it o any other N64 complete console. Please contact me @ [email protected] and we can figure out a payment method. Thanks!

N64 lot - $3 for all
Black 64 system w/ memory expansion, 1 grey controller, power cable, and AV cable
Games:
DK64, Paper Mario, Triple Play, Wrestlemania 2000
Mario 64, South Park, NHL 99, Monster Truck Madness 64

Dirty as hell but pretty awesome for that price, good games too.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Where do you guys looks for yard sales? Like the news paper or online or something?[/QUOTE]

I look at my local paper and consult with craigslist (although not many people in my town use CL).

While I hit the listed ones, I also drive along major streets looking for signs. My city (pop. near 100,000) has a number of streets that are natural for posting signs. I like the half-assed sale most of all because the sellers will often sell cheap. Often the people who list videogames in ads (esp. CL in my experience) want the most money for them.

[quote name='TiKi2']^^I found a tg-16 with 10 games about a month ago everything works great except the turbo pad. If your looking to sell/trade the pad let me know.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already I'd recommend taking the controller apart and cleaning it. The controller I bought at the flea market a few years back was completely dead but doing this got it working perfectly.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Wow - Congrats FOnewearl on that TG-16 find! I have never seen one in the wild around here.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SaraAB']VERY Nice find on the TG 16. I think Toys R Us sold them too, I remember seeing pictures of the demo kiosk and the systems on clearance, they went on clearance after a while (along with the Turbografx handheld). I have never seen Turbografx stuff in the wild at all here.

I guess its concieveable that I could find it here, its just that I don't think we even had TRU then in my area, it was child world, which was basically like TRU but without the giraffe mascot.

People are really stupid to leave stuff in the rain, they obviously don't realize that electronics get ruined and no one will want them after its all been waterlogged. This tells me that they really don't value any of their stuff at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, thanks & thanks (to schultzed below), I never would have guessed that I would have lucked into a number of these games if I only knew I was going to run into a TG-16 bundle but didn't know what games would be included.

I can relate on the whole TRU bit SaraAB, we got a TRU around my area somewhere during the 16 bit era so it was too late to carry TG16 stuff. I'm sure they clearanced much of it out and even seem to remember tripping over some stuff with clearance tags from TRU on eBay even though I wasen't looking for it.

The sale I was at that was rained on I was thinking they must not care about the stuff and would sell it dirt cheap, at least they didn't have any electronics out.

[quote name='schultzed']fuck

Nice find . . . that is a sweet bundle. I had a TG16 that I bought at a resale shop for $10. It was complete in original box but the missing the pack in game (Keith Courage). I bought a complete copy of the game on half.com for a few bucks and sold the sys for well over $100.

I was going to go to a community-wide sale in Saukville WI (supposed to be over 80 sales) . . . anyone near there??

Its a good hour away and I bailed on the idea.[/QUOTE]

Personally I'm not big on driving too far away to go yardsaling, I was thinking about going to a community sale in an area I never YSed being about 20-25 minutes away, not as far away as your example but besides that I wouldn't know the streets like I do around the areas I normally go to. I always figure maybe next year on this particular community sale when I see it advertised.

At the end of the day I saw some free stuff which was put out from a sale that was done for the day. Stopped by on the way back down the road and grabbed this box for what I saw hidden down in the bottom.

Spyro: Year of The Dragon (GH, Complete) - $1
7 PC Games (3 With Guides, All of Which Look To Be Complete) - $3
Castlevania: SOTN (Complete, GH) & 7 PS1 Demos (New) - $12

Spyro was $2 took a buck. Decent number of PC games at one sale were asking a buck each and the lady let it be know that she was serious about getting rid of stuff as I started looking around. Picked out a few and offered $3 which was taken no problems. I only knew about the Diablo guide, the other 2 were nice little surprises that I found jammed in the game boxes when I got home.

Castlevania was $10 from a guy I went to school with so I didn't bother to try and haggle it down at all and the demos were from a guy that used to work at EBgames about 10 years ago I said I was thinking a buck or two for them and he said he'd do two, I actually also had a Harvest Moon: Back To Nature demo also that was generic looking like the Gauntlet Legends demo that I hope I left in my car and didn't somehow leave behind at the sale.

N64 Bundle & GBC (No Battery Cover) - $24
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World - $2
GameBoy Printer - $1

The GBC was a buck and as I went to pay for it I offered $20 for the N64 bundle which was marked rather high at $45. The guy countered with $25 to which I offered to meet in the middle and he ended it at $23. Asking $3 for the GBA game, offered a buck and took the counter of $2. GameBoy Printer said "make offer" of which I did in a dollar.

SNES Mini With Everything Needed And 16 Games - $20
A dozen SNES Games - $5

Asked about games and was told no but was called back as I was walking away as the lady remembered an SNES they had. Brought it out and was told up front as they showed it to me that I could have it for $20 which I did. Asked about games at another sale to which the guy said he had some SNES games in the attic, brought them down and after I looked them over I offered $5 which was taken.

Non Find BS -
Overslept and didn't get out till about 9:15 and I was out for a little over 5 hours. The last area I went to today was a little town having it's yearly community sale that I've never been to in previous years and while I figured it was going to be a good number of sales it ended up being more then I expected, I went to about 65 sales today mostly from this community sale.

IIRC I was only told about any games I missed at two sales back to back. First I only know it was something Nintendo & the second was the sale I got the lone GBA game at, only old thing was the lone NES game I saw all day in Robocop and when I asked I was told that a SNES was sold and what sounded like some other NES games. I'm not sure how much the NES game was but it was hanging out with some PS1 games for $2.50.

For expensive mostly pricey stuff, some last gen stuff for $5 an Xbox system for $45, fat PS2 for $50 (with 2 games of your choice from a bunch of mostly sports games that were marked $2) and I think some last gen stuff for $10 with some of them being new and some other stuff like old PC games for $5. I did see a GameCube game marked $25 but when I looked at it the guy hinted about doing better as if it was marked a long time ago and never sold and he was well aware that $25 was too much. Nothing in particularly special to mention today, hopefully some others had some good finds here on CAG (I see some did!) seeing as this will probably be the last big weekend for yardsaling this season being the last weekend of summer.

[quote name='FOnewearl']

At the end of the day I saw some free stuff which was put out from a sale that was done for the day. Stopped by on the way back down the road and grabbed this box for what I saw hidden down in the bottom.
[/QUOTE]

Man, I've been looking for a National Guard key chain!

Seriously though.... what is that?

I actually got to hit some yard sales this morning! Didn't see anything old school at all today.

At the first one I stopped at, I got a complete cooking momma DS for $1. Lady was selling it because it scares her kid (I guess when Mama gets mad and all).

At another one, I picked up 5x misc rock CDs for .50 each and 3 hardback books for .50 each...

One of the books was "Excelsior!: The Amazing Life of Stan Lee". I originally just thought it would be interesting to check out, and then I got home and noticed one was a signed limited edition! (#138 of 3000). So with that in mind, I checked out the amazon listings for it (after reading all the recent book flipping posts)...... and damn!There are 2 "collectible" listings for the signed limited editions.... one is an ex-library book (#561) in good shape for like $45, the other is in like new shape (#2958) and listed at $250!?!? The one I got was like new, doesn't look like it was ever even read.

So, here's a question for all you pro book resellers.... what should I list it at?

http://www.amazon.com/Excelsior-Ama...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284861973&sr=8-3

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']I actually got to hit some yard sales this morning! Didn't see anything old school at all today.

At the first one I stopped at, I got a complete cooking momma DS for $1. Lady was selling it because it scares her kid (I guess when Mama gets mad and all).

At another one, I picked up 5x misc rock CDs for .50 each and 3 hardback books for .50 each...

One of the books was "Excelsior!: The Amazing Life of Stan Lee". I originally just thought it would be interesting to check out, and then I got home and noticed one was a signed limited edition! (#138 of 3000). So with that in mind, I checked out the amazon listings for it (after reading all the recent book flipping posts)...... and damn!There are 2 "collectible" listings for the signed limited editions.... one is an ex-library book (#561) in good shape for like $45, the other is in like new shape (#2958) and listed at $250!?!? The one I got was like new, doesn't look like it was ever even read.

So, here's a question for all you pro book resellers.... what should I list it at?

http://www.amazon.com/Excelsior-Ama...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284861973&sr=8-3[/QUOTE]

$29.99 under NEW heading and start your description in CAPS with SIGNED! #XXX of XXX....

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Man, I've been looking for a National Guard key chain!

Seriously though.... what is that?[/QUOTE]

It's a Xbox, I believe.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']

So, here's a question for all you pro book resellers.... what should I list it at? [/QUOTE]

Stan Lee's autograph on any certified item rarely is for sale under $100. There is one on ebay for $99. A couple sold at 49.99 BIN. I would undercut the amazon guy at 249.95.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Where do you guys looks for yard sales? Like the news paper or online or something?[/QUOTE]

I use pretty much Craigslist exclusively. I've found printed papers to be pretty worthless in San Diego, with a tiny fraction listed in newspapers and pennysaver. A lot of them pop up Friday night. Like a full page or two in a matter of a few hours.

I usually don't like going more than 20 minutes away for sales either, so I usually stay in a radius. I can choose almost any direction and go 20 miles though, cause there's huge ground to cover. So we usually see on Friday what direction to go based on the ones we'd most like to hit and/or the most amount listed, then focus on that direction.

[quote name='donut']$29.99 under NEW heading and start your description in CAPS with SIGNED! #XXX of XXX....[/QUOTE]

Why on Earth would you price something in new condition $15 lower than an ex-library book. You sir, are part of the reason I hated selling on Amazon. That's a $220 undercut of the closest comparable book. Absolutely ridiculous, there's no reason to price that much lower than the market rate.

[quote name='Doomstink']Why on Earth would you price something in new condition $15 lower than an ex-library book. You sir, are part of the reason I hated selling on Amazon. That's a $220 undercut of the closest comparable book. Absolutely ridiculous, there's no reason to price that much lower than the market rate.[/QUOTE]
He probably wanted to buy it for cheap!

[quote name='Doomstink']Why on Earth would you price something in new condition $15 lower than an ex-library book. You sir, are part of the reason I hated selling on Amazon. That's a $220 undercut of the closest comparable book. Absolutely ridiculous, there's no reason to price that much lower than the market rate.[/QUOTE]

lol no, I just missed typing a 1 ... my bad

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Man, I've been looking for a National Guard key chain!

Seriously though.... what is that?[/QUOTE]

It's an Xbox system as somebody mentioned that caught my eye, if your interested in the National Guard lanyard and are willing to pay what it would cost to have it shipped to you drop me a PM.

[quote name='FOnewearl']It's an Xbox system as somebody mentioned that caught my eye, if your interested in the National Guard lanyard and are willing to pay what it would cost to have it shipped to you drop me a PM.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Thanks though.... I was just kidding about the key chain.

Congrats on the free xbox!

bread's done
Back