Official 2010 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='dorino']Interesting story:
Went to one of the only Friday sales this week today. Although it was pretty crappy out that morning, the sale was set "till 8pm" so I went at around 3.

Interuptted his toking session, I believe. House smelled of the cheapest pot money can buy/you can grow, and before the host let us in he did shut and lock a door behind him.

Also, it burned my throat.

All he had was a 2600 with a small tub full of 2600 games, carts only, and no rare ones.

Pity he didn't share any of the smokems.[/QUOTE] That cheap shit is loaded with chemical preservatives like formaldehyde. Dude stay away.

I have a feeling July 3rd is going to suck for yard sales, very light duty if I decide to venture forth at all.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I have a feeling July 3rd is going to suck for yard sales, very light duty if I decide to venture forth at all.[/QUOTE]

I gotta agree, Next week will be massive though. I'm not venturing far, couple of miles at most.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Whoa, got buttraped over my Sega store comment. Just to let everyone know, the Sega Retail Outlet in Las Vegas is on the Strip, inside GameWorks (just down the street from the MGM Grand), and is pretty spiffy.

Meanwhile, there's some big block party/yard sale tonight, and they're promoting it as a church fundraiser. Maybe I'll find some hidden gems.[/QUOTE]

Bah I spent some time inside Gameworks and got a picture with Sonic but didn't notice a Sega store.

I got a PS3 Sixaxis controller for $3 today. I expected it to be a slow week, and it was; only 3 sales were advertised, and I only went to 4 sales.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Bah I spent some time inside Gameworks and got a picture with Sonic but didn't notice a Sega store.[/QUOTE]

I was there Saturday morning (a week ago today) and there was a huge sign near the front entrance that said "SEGA RETAIL OUTLET NOW OPEN." It was pretty cool. They have pretty much everything Sega for sale.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I have a feeling July 3rd is going to suck for yard sales, very light duty if I decide to venture forth at all.[/QUOTE]
July 3rd was good to me! Just getting back, picked up a few SNES titles:

Street Fighter II - 1.00
Beavis and Butthead - 1.00
Killer Instinct - 1.00
Jurassic Park - 1.00
Final Fantasy: Mythic Quest - 1.00
Warlock - 1.00

Last edited by a moderator:
snotknocker has returned - been a while. How's everyone doing? Good to see the thread still going strong and all the new YS addicts.

[quote name='snotknocker']snotknocker has returned - been a while. How's everyone doing? Good to see the thread still going strong and all the new YS addicts.[/QUOTE] Oh shit the YardSaleKing is back.

Barker Bill's Trick Shooting (NES Boxed)
Disney's The Little Mermaid II Pinball Frenzy (GBC Cart)

$1ish

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2
Virtua Tennis

(Dreamcast Both Complete) $1

Friday - non advertised sale, the NES game was marked .25 no price on the GBC game, had one other item and offered a buck for all three. Dreamcast games marked a buck each but took a buck for both, passed on a Namco Museum for Dreamcast as it had Crazy Taxi in the case which I already have.

Dirt (PS3 Complete) - $3
Motor Storm (PS3 Complete) - $2
Claymates (SNES) - $2
NES AC Adaptor & Some Misc Generic Stuff - .50

Saturday - the PS3 games were from the same sale and were IAP. Claymates was with a NES with a few games that was brought out when I asked about video games asked $2 and wasen't worth trying for a buck in this case. I saw the NES adaptor tangled with the rest of the stuff no price and the lady sounded like she wanted it all gone so I made the same offer I was going to for just the NES AC.

Non Find BS
Was out Friday for about 3 hours or a little more and got to 26 sales all over the place with not many sales as always 4th of July weekend.

I didn't see much for video games that I passed on but I did see a SMB/Duck Hunt for a buck at the first sale and later in the day at an indoor sale a guy had an NES with SMB & a boxed or complete Karate Champ set up to a TV and playing showing the NES working, asking $25.

One house I asked about old video games and the lady said she had a Genesis with lots of games in the attic somewhere but asked me the dreaded "what would you be willing to pay for it". I figured it was most likely nothing special and when she put me on the spot instead of saying oh I don't know I'll have to see it to decide which is typically the type of reply I give to this I said I would be willing to pay a buck a game to which she said no thanks and made up her mind that she definately wasen't going to go and try and dig it out for that kind of money.

Saturday I was out for about 2 hours and went to 14 sales.

one house mentioned having old Nintendo games guy I was talking to wouldn't mind selling them but mom mentioned how she wasen't allowed to as if somebody in the family made sure that the Nintendo was never sold behind their back and it sounded like mom liked the games also. Another house mom hinted at Jr having a SNES went and asked and he wasen't sure what he would want to keep or sell being put on the spot so he wasen't really serious about selling it and getting rid of it.

The house I got Claymates at I asked about video games and they mentioned having a Nintendo that they wanted to get rid of but didn't put out for the yardsale and mentioned that they would want nothing less then $40 for it (possibly why they didn't put it out thinking that would be too much and would only get offers for less). Brought it out and it was a NES with a few games (SMB 2, Zelda II, Gauntlet I & II, Xenophobe, Rampage, Castlevania & a game or two I'm forgetting and manuals for some of the games). I only bothered with Claymates and didn't want to haggle since eBay was mentioned at some point and Grandma was trying to say loudly that she didn't want to seperate anything while her daughter was trying to explain how it was ok as it didn't go with the system and she still hollered about some system in the basement at her place but her daughter mentioned an Atari which I'm guessing was possibly that other sytem and that they didn't (or most likely) didn't have that system (SNES) around and that it was ok. When I passed on the NES stuff they said they would take $35 but I figured it best to pass since I only needed a manual or two for myself and that I wouldn't really make that much selling the system and some of the games off for all of the trouble at $35-40.

Last but not least was a sale I made my first stop Saturday as it advertised "video game systems with games" which sounded like it could have been very promising. This was in the area with the neighborhood yardsale a few weeks ago with the printed up map where I usually do pretty good finding video games. I made a better effort to get out the door on time today and got to the sale right at 8. All I saw was a PSone with about 8 games, PS2 remote, Multitap & Donkey Konga with bongos. When I asked about older video games I ended up BSing with the guy for a few minutes. Somebody came at 6 in the morning and asked them about the video games right as they were starting to set up. Guy bought pretty much everything except for the PS1 stuff for $100. NES with about 35-40 games and a few other sytems with less games per a system (I'd guess the other systems had about a dozen games each) Sega CD and I think Dreamcast were mentioned. This super early intruder caught them off guard as the guy said he didn't even know if anyone would be interested in the stuff and seemed to feel kind of bad about it since the games were gone long before the sale's start time. It's always a bummer when you miss out on something like this especially since in this case this guy was clearing out all of his older games but I can't kick myself for doing anything wrong.

There's a lot of yard sale rage in Los Angeles...lots of fake yard sale ads being posted on craigslist...

There has been a rash of these fake ads lately - there was one that was WAAAAY too good to be true posted a few weeks ago involving tons and tons of complete, old A+++ games for $1 each.

Here's another one that was WAAAAAY too good to be true (in fact the only hot items they didn't list were old comic books, books, and video games), along with various responses:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/gms/1814703726.html

150 year estate sale (sherman oaks)

Date: 2010-06-28, 7:06AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Lots of stuff. Man stuff, kids stuff, baby stuff, old and new stuff, . tools, man toys, car fore sale dirt bike camping and hunting items 150 years of stuff. A nice 57 inch hitachi tv. how about 9 folding bikes. collectables for police,army.wwll, gamers, over 600 old hot wheels, yard stuff. 150 year old jewlery collection, gramps coin collection, gramps train collection(about 1300 pieces) 65 mamiya camera's with lens, 16 dog cages, antique art & oil paintings, indian sculptures everywhere and more. Sign up sheet will be out after 6am friday.

WHEN : friday saturday & sunday

TIME : 8am - 6pm

ADDRESS : corner of beverly glen bl & dickens st, sherman oaks

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/gms/1822612413.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/gms/1822989185.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/gms/1823531899.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/gms/1823566830.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/gms/1823574104.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/gms/1823595312.html

Got ristar for the sega genesis for 50 cents, cart only but looks perfect. Also got Xmen and Taz for genesis for 50 cents. Metal Gear VR mission or something for PSX for 50 cents too. Sorry don't have much time but that is all I got today.

[quote name='TiKi2']Oh shit the YardSaleKing is back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='snotknocker']Awesome! I have not been forgotten.[/QUOTE]

Not forgotten...But the king has been dethroned.

[quote name='slowdive21']Not forgotten...But the king has been dethroned.[/QUOTE]

Awesome again! I hope he'll reign supreme.

Very weak weekend in the amount of YS this go (As expected)

I did manage to come across a few sales with games.. Mostly crap sports titles from the late 90s...I did come across a handful of games I decided to walk away with for whatever reason (cheap). And I did come across a NES with around 50 titles..They wanted $300 for the lot.. Upon looking at the games I didnt see a whole lot that could warrant this price so I decided to pass. I did come across a Plug In Play Atari Flashback kit for dirt cheap and being as I do not have a Atari at all I snagged it.. Anyway on to my rather weak pick ups.

DSC06265.jpg

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza 3 two pack.. $3
- Tony Hawk: Proving Ground.. $1.50
- WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 08.. $1.50 (First wrestling game ive bought since WCW/NWO Revenge on N64 when it came out)
- Sneak King.. $0.50
- Grand Theft Auto III.. 1.50
- Gun .. 1.50
- Atari Flashback System.. $2.50
- PC Game Pad.. 0.50

...... Total= $12.50

Poor weekend. Kind of a reversal . . . usually I pick up a few gaming items but find more books, movies, and CDs. I also tend to find some general items like toys for my kids.

This weekend I hit only about 25 sales (tight on time but also very little going on) but I only bought gaming stuff :whistle2:( I missed last week and now hope next week will be better.

Anyway, on to the pics:

I got this and a complete copy of de Blob (Wii) for $10. Nice N64 but would have been better if there had been a Mario title in the mix . . .

070210N64.jpg

I probably could have gone lower but it was a 10 year-oldish girl and she was so happy with the $10.

I already gave de Blob to my nephew (they're poor and make poor gaming purchases--his parents are actually excited about the Wipeout game based on the TV show . . . ugh). But it came with a soundtrack CD--the one bought a few years ago didn't--so I hung on to it:

deblob.jpg

I got this NES at Salvation Army for $15 . . . a little pricey.

070210NES.jpg

It does have a copy of Dr. Mario in it--nice bonus.

I got this for $1

070210BratzDS.jpg

hope to flip it

.50 cents . . .

070210jp.jpg

I think I bought it only because I was bored

This was marked $2 but he took my offer of $1:

070310KTOR.jpg

Complete with minty disc

Another .50

070310SWN64.jpg

This was 2 young women. When I asked how much? They just looked puzzled, so I offered 2 quarters and they took it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very good finds this weekend.

Swap Meet:

$25 total for all of these 360 and Xbox games:

360:
Dead Rising no manual
Fallout 3
Resident Evil 5 disc only
Wanted: Weapons of Fate disc only
NBA Street Homecourt disc only
Bully Scholarship Edition disc only

Xbox:
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy no manual
The Punisher no manual
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee no manual
Star Wars Obi-Wan disc only
Grabbed By The Ghoulies disc only
Indigo Prophecy disc only

$15 total for:
Super Mario World cart only
Yoshi's Island cart only

$13 total for:
(all cart only)
Pokemon Red
Genesis:
Rocket Knight Adventures
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
Samurai Shodown
X-Men
Revolution X
WWF Royal Rumble
Wrestlemania The Arcade Game

TI-83 Plus calculator - $8

Transformers for $16 total:
Beast Wars Transmetals Optimus Primal CIB
Machine Wars Soundwave CIB
Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Cybershark NIB
Beast Wars Dinobot NIB

GoodWill:
Mario Kart DS - $3.99
Bleach: The Blade of Fate DS - $3.99
Crash Bash - $0.99
Tekken 3 - $1.99
Public Enemy - New Whirl Odor - $1.99
PC X-Arcade two person stick - $9.99

[quote name='snotknocker']snotknocker has returned - been a while. How's everyone doing? Good to see the thread still going strong and all the new YS addicts.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back!!! in the time you have been gone my town that used to be flowing with games has dried up :(

[quote name='Sinnbox']Welcome back!!! in the time you have been gone my town that used to be flowing with games has dried up :([/QUOTE]

Thanks! Sorry to hear about the dry spell. Luckily I've been doing quite well lately, seems since the economy took a turn for the worse, my area has been brimming with deals. Unfortunately time and space are limited. My dining room has become my official storage and work area witch the Mrs is'nt to happy about. She kinda of deals with it though cause the extra cash I make from resales is very good and consistant.

Anybody else finding better deals due to the unstable economy?

Had some cool scores the past few weeks:

Resistance: Fall of Man Ps3, complete.
True Romance 2 disc directors cuts
$5 for both IAP

Original Gameboy (minty mint) in Nintendo Branded shoulder bag w/
Tetris
Super Mario Land
Super mario Land 2-6 Golden Coins
Home Alone 2
Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters
SML2, HA2, and KIoMaM are complete with the boxes, instructions etc. The weird thing about this one is that the bag is in fantastic shape EXCEPT the zippers don't work and there is a cable of some sort in one of the pouches. I really don't want to destroy the bag, but I might have to...
$4 (IAP $5)

Cart only Genesis:
Mystic Defender
Contra HArd Corps
$1 (IAP $4)

Xbox, All mint & complete:
Mechassault 2 Lone Wolf
Tron 2.0 Killer App
True Crime NYC
Spy vs. Spy
$1 each (IAP)

Gamecube:
Eternal Darkness: Sanitys Requiem
$2 (IAP)
I thought she was going to say $5 (based on some of their marked prices) so when she said $2 (that was the # I already had in my head to pay) I had nowheree to go. It is mint and complete.

[quote name='snotknocker']Anybody else finding better deals due to the unstable economy?[/QUOTE]

I think the economy is cutting in two directions. There might be more people selling off stuff but there are also more people buying that stuff for resale. The competition can be pretty stiff.

[quote name='snotknocker'] Unfortunately time and space are limited. My dining room has become my official storage and work area witch the Mrs is'nt to happy about. She kinda of deals with it though cause the extra cash I make from resales is very good and consistant.
[/QUOTE]

I agree that time is a major constraint.

What do you sell? (I mostly handle books but also media.)

My situation is similar. I've taken over most of the basement and my wife has reached a breaking point with it but the money comes in handy. Its pretty much a part-time job for me.

Stuff from the last two weekends. (I know, I know. But last month's thread is old, and I just got around to taking photos. This current weekend's finds coming in a little while). Click pics for full-size:

Sega Dreamcast Sports Edition w/AC cable, red controller, red VMU, Mad Catz Tremor Pak and Shenmue Disc 3, $8

I talked this one down from $12 after pointing out that the AV cable was missing. This takes my sports DC total up to 3. I just wish the last two I bought had come with the proper sports controller -- I still only have one of those. I want to keep my original boxed, and one I'm going to use for my everyday DC, so I'll be selling or trading the third if anyone is interested.

GEN Sonic & Knuckles
GEN Dynamite Headdy, $1 for both
GBA Breath of Fire II, $2

Not much to say about these. I already have S&K and DH, but it was one of those rescue mission purchases. You know, where you can tell if you don't buy them, the seller's gonna toss them in the trash at the end of the day?

NES Krusty's Fun House
NES Jeopardy: Junior Edition, $5 for both

With each addition to my NES collection, I'm finding it hard to be picky about the price. In the past, I didn't like paying more than $1, maybe $2 per game, but now it's getting to the point that when I find a game I don't have, I'm spending a little extra to ensure I don't have to continue chasing it in the future.

PSX Gallop Racer (complete), $1

Um, it's a horse racing game. It was a dollar.

Sega Saturn (Model 1) w/AV cable, 1 controller, Bug (disc only) and N64 & DC RF units, $5

Haggled this one down from $10. As the DC above, I officially have too many Saturns, so I'll be selling one or two of them very soon. Give a shout if you're interested.

SNES Killer Instinct
SNES Donkey Kong Country
SNES Tetris & Dr. Mario, $5 for all

These were $2 each originally. I think these are a little cleaner than my exisiting copies, so I'm gonna swap 'em out.

XB MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf (complete)
XB Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (complete)
GBA GameShark (complete), $5 for all

As above, these were $2 each originally. Been looking for the GBA GameShark for a while now, so that was a nice little surprise.

GC Mario Party 4 (complete)
PS2 Manhunt (complete), $5 for both

PSX Final Fantasy Anthology (complete)
PSX Final Fantasy VII (missing manual and one of the discs; I forget which), $2 for both

Finally found the original Manhunt for cheap. Every copy I've found until now was priced at $7 or more! And what is up with Final Fantasy VII black label? Will I never find a complete copy?

Okay, this weekend's stuff coming next...

[quote name='TiKi2']Oh shit the YardSaleKing is back.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! With all of the unbelievable finds that allyourblood constantly posts, you guys are saying that snotknocker is/was the YS King!!!??? There's got to be some EPIC stories...? :pray:

[quote name='slowdive21']Nice finds! Manhunt Black Label is my white whale. It used to be GTA San Andreas, but now I have 3 or 4 copies.[/QUOTE]

What makes this so rare?

chimpster, I'm pretty sure it isn't rare at all. I think slowdive is just saying that he personally has had a hard time finding a copy for himself locally. I've passed up a dozen copies in the last couple of years, but that's because they were always priced a little higher than I was willing to pay, until now.

Here are my proper finds from this past weekend. As always, click the pics for full-size.

Silent Hill 2 Official Strategy Guide
Silent Hill 3 Official Strategy Guide, $3 for both

These were originally $2 each, along with an Onimusha 3 guide, which I left behind. There were also a bunch of games at this sale, and a couple Blu-rays, but nothing I was interested in. The SH games themselves, unfortunately had been sold off long ago. I think I've already got the SH2 guide, but the SH3 guide is my first, and I couldn't be happier.

Steel Battalion controller, $5

This is my second Steel Battalion controller. I think my other one has blue buttons, so this one's a little different. Unfortunately, this one is missing the little screws that hold the 3 blocks in place; when sitting on a table, everything stays together, but you can't pick it up all in one piece very easily. It is also missing the little flap that goes over the Eject button. I have no idea where my Steel Battalion disc is, so I can't test this right now, but it looks to be in okay shape.

PS3 Little Big Planet (complete), $13
PS2 Silent Hill 2 (complete), $2

LBP was originally $15. Seller said yes to $13 so fast, I wish I'd gone lower. Oh well, still seems like a good price. I mostly got this one for my wife, as she dabbles in all sorts of design, and I thought she might get a kick out of it. I popped it in and it seems okay.

SH2 came from a stack of PS2 games, 90% of which were sports. Now I just need SH2 Greatest Hits and I'll have every US PSX/PS2/XB entry of the first 4 games in the series.

NES Jaws, 1943, Adventures of Bayou Billy, Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers, Captain Skyhawk, Track & Field, Destination Earth Star, Donkey Kong Classics, Dr. Mario, Home Alone, Super Mario Bros. 3, Laser Invasion, Tecmo Super Bowl, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Time Lord, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Top Gun, 3 sleeves, $15 for all

NES Rescue: The Embassy Mission, Simpsons: Bart vs. the World, Super Spy Hunter, Star Tropics, Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland, The Untouchables, 3 sleeves, $10 for all

NES Total Recall
GG Tempo Jr., $5 for both

I only needed a handful of those NES games in the first bunch, but the seller said they were $5 a piece unless I took all of them. I asked how much the whole pile was and he said $15. WHATEVER.

GEN Evander Holyfield Boxing, Power Rangers, X-Men, $1.50 for all

PSX NFL GameDay 2000, Final Fantasy VIII (missing discs 3 & 4; all were in the same case), $1

XB Star Wars Battlefront II (disc only), $1

PSX Vagrant Story (missing manual and demo disc)
PSX Resident Evil 2 (missing manual), $7 for both

NES AC adapter
GEN Genesis (Model 2/3) RF adapter, $3 for both

Lexicon LDD-1 AC-3/RF Demodulator, $8

Finally. FINALLY. I have been searching for an LD RF demodulator for ages. If any of you know what this does, you know people aren't exactly giving them away. Except for this one! Plugged it in, works like a dream, and despite the flash in my photo bringing out some flaws in the surface, it's in wonderful condition.

Nice finds! Here's hoping this next week is atleast as good as last week. 6 SNES games each week... That'll grow a collection! :p

[quote name='chimpster1313']What makes this so rare?[/QUOTE]

The fact that he can't find one, that's all.

Fun fact, though; I Googled "Manhunt" to see if there was any reason a black label would be rare, and the first result was an aptly-titled gay dating site.

[quote name='allyourblood']PSX Final Fantasy Anthology (complete)
PSX Final Fantasy VII (missing manual and one of the discs; I forget which), $2 for both[/QUOTE]

Coincidentally, I bought a copy of Final Fantasy IX that came with an extra Final Fantasy VII disk. I think it was non-GH disc 2, but I'd have to check.

[quote name='elessar123']Coincidentally, I bought a copy of Final Fantasy IX that came with an extra Final Fantasy VII disk. I think it was non-GH disc 2, but I'd have to check.[/QUOTE]

PM incoming, thanks!

[quote name='allyourblood']Finally. FINALLY. I have been searching for an LD RF demodulator for ages. If any of you know what this does, you know people aren't exactly giving them away. Except for this one! Plugged it in, works like a dream, and despite the flash in my photo bringing out some flaws in the surface, it's in wonderful condition.[/QUOTE]
So, care to enlighten those of us who have no idea what it's used for? :lol:

I have a question: what is the difference between black-label and greatest hits PS1 discs? I looked through some of my greatest hits discs and none of them looked different.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']So, care to enlighten those of us who have no idea what it's used for? :lol:[/QUOTE]

From the instruction manual (I didn't know what it did either)

"Congratulations on your purchase of the Lexicon LDD-1. The LDD-1 is designed to interface between
a laser disc player (with an AC-3/RF output), and any Dolby Digital decoder which accepts a standard
AC-3 signal (like our DC-1). Because “AC-3 ready” laser disc players use a separate Radio Frequency
(RF) modulated output to carry the Dolby Digital information, special considerations must be made.
While this type of transmission works perfectly well, our engineers were rightfully reluctant to inject linelevel
RF directly into the meticulously designed DC-1. The solution is the LDD-1.

The LDD-1 keeps potential RF interference away from the sensitive preamp/processor stage while
providing highly useful improvements in AC-3 signal quality. By placing the requisite demodulation
circuitry in its own enclosure with dedicated power supplies and grounding, the potential to degrade
digital-to-analog conversion and analog audio signals within the preamp/processor is eliminated.

The LDD-1 incorporates fully automated “intelligent” switching between S/PDIF and AC-3/RF inputs,
meaning that any laser disc will be decoded to its maximum inherent quality. A low voltage “turn on
trigger” input and output are included for interconnection to the Lexicon DC-1 and NT Series Amplifiers.
The stringently designed outboard power supply ensures maximum signal purity."

http://www.lexicon.com/downloads/ldd1/LDD-1_User_Guide_Rev1.pdf

[quote name='ninja dog']black label = solid white disc

greatest hits = reflective background

I might have that reversed[/QUOTE]

I know with some of the final fantasy (VII, VIII, IX) games that holds true. White discs for original, silver or metallic disc for greatest hits. Also I believe black label discs in general have more colorized images on them than their GH counterparts.

I wouldn't rely on this rule of thumb 100% though, my Gundam Battle Assault 2 game is black label, but has a metallic-colored disc. Best to have the original Black Label games for comparison :)

[quote name='allyourblood']Finally found the original Manhunt for cheap. [/QUOTE]

I thought this game was cool back in the day--don't know how it holds up now.

Play it alone late at night with the lights off and use a headset . . . pretty creepy stuff.

Here are my pics from the 9...Yes, I said 9 sales I hit on Thursday and Friday. (There were no new advertised ones on Saturday or Sunday).

Remember, they get better...

I paid $5 each for these boxes. One is misc game stuff and the other is mostly Dragonball related, with a few Star Wars, D&D, and Transformers figures. I think I overpaid, but I felt bad for the woman running the sale. #-o

Evangelion CD Japanese mini disc, Macross Plus and Record of Lodoss War Japanese soundtracks. $0.25 each

2 Horror VHS tapes $0.25 each. I think the yellow cover Dementia 13 is rare.

Paid $2 for everything. Star Craft Guides, Mad Catz n64 controller, 2 n64 memory cards, rumble pack. That is a great segue for my next find(s)...

Paid $8 for everything. GREEN N64, game boy stuff, Ps1 games, VHS, Sesame Street NES games, etc.

Gameboy Color and BLUE Sega Gamegear with 9 games

$4 for everything.

Everything in these 3 pictures were 10 cents each

Diablo II and expansion both have the CD keys. Warcraft III has its CD key as well. I got the install and disc 1 of Final Fantasy VII PC.

One non gaming item:

Paid $0.50 Should be able to sell it for at least $35 or higher depending on if a new edition comes out. amazon sells it for $125 new.

Slowdive's find of the week.

It's a TIE!

Pac-Man marquee = FREE

I saw it sitting in a pile marked "Free" It isn't worth a lot, but I am happy to have found it.

AND

Castlevania SOTN complete black label with official strategy Guide.

$2 for both.
:whee:

[quote name='slowdive21']
Diablo II and expansion both have the CD keys. Warcraft III has its CD key as well. I got the install and disc 1 of Final Fantasy VII PC.

[/QUOTE]

If you dont have a battle.net account sign up for one and input those CD Keys, then you can install them from battle.net wherever you are

[quote name='SlammedNiss']So, care to enlighten those of us who have no idea what it's used for? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Captain Insano filled in the blank; I was at work. :D

I thought this game was cool back in the day--don't know how it holds up now.

Play it alone late at night with the lights off and use a headset . . . pretty creepy stuff.
Yeah, it's been a few years. When I first played this game, it was in the living room with all the lights out and the sound cranked. I nearly had a heart attack a few times. When you're carefully skulking along the edge of an area, and you make one little mistake and some guy screams out "HEY!" (or whatever), it's enough to make you jump outta your skin!

It really captivated me when it first released, but I'm not so sure it'll hold up as well now. I hope so. I played the sequel and it just didn't feel right at all; the tension and vibe weren't the same. Too bad, 'cause I think in the right hands, this series could've really taken off. Because of that ugly Part 2, I doubt we'll see another.

slowdive's finds

slowdive, nice pickups! I especially like the SOTN. I have a like new copy of the GH version, but I've never even laid eyes on the black label version locally. Getting the guide with it was even better. Nice.

[quote name='allyourblood']slowdive, nice pickups! I especially like the SOTN. I have a like new copy of the GH version, but I've never even laid eyes on the black label version locally. Getting the guide with it was even better. Nice.[/QUOTE]

I was able to pick up the black label locally, but mine wasn't as good of a deal, and didn't include the guide. Nice find, same with the green N64.

[quote name='Sinnbox']If you dont have a battle.net account sign up for one and input those CD Keys, then you can install them from battle.net wherever you are[/QUOTE]

i did not know that, that will save me a ton of time and hassle.

Slowdrive . . . first off you totally suck. I've had weekends where I stopped at 70-80 sales and walked away with less than you found at 9.

Second, the textbook looks like a gem. A new edition is extremely unlikely given that its too late for the Fall semester. Personally, I would set it aside and watch the prices in mid-August. I'm pretty sure it will spike and be worth over $50. There are some obscure texts that only a few profs (nationwide) use but when a semester starts many students balk at the $100 bookstore price and go online. The 25 copies that are less than $50 should melt away. Either way, the minimum price shouldn't drop until after Sept. 15th.

[quote name='slowdive21']Here are my pics from the 9...Yes, I said 9 sales I hit on Thursday and Friday. (There were no new advertised ones on Saturday or Sunday).

Remember, they get better...

I paid $5 each for these boxes. One is misc game stuff and the other is mostly Dragonball related, with a few Star Wars, D&D, and Transformers figures. I think I overpaid, but I felt bad for the woman running the sale. #-o

[/QUOTE]

Nice find on the Lodoss War Soundtrack. You're probably fine on the ps2 stuff, though I'd keep an eye out for a Gamestop +50% trade-in promotion to dump some of the ickier titles.

[quote name='schultzed']Slowdive . . . first off you totally suck. I've had weekends where I stopped at 70-80 sales and walked away with less than you found at 9.

Second, the textbook looks like a gem. A new edition is extremely unlikely given that its too late for the Fall semester. Personally, I would set it aside and watch the prices in mid-August. I'm pretty sure it will spike and be worth over $50. There are some obscure texts that only a few profs (nationwide) use but when a semester starts many students balk at the $100 bookstore price and go online. The 25 copies that are less than $50 should melt away. Either way, the minimum price shouldn't drop until after Sept. 15th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I did see 2 (ahem) "book buyers", but I must have beat them to this sale.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Nice find on the Lodoss War Soundtrack. You're probably fine on the ps2 stuff, though I'd keep an eye out for a Gamestop +50% trade-in promotion to dump some of the ickier titles.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I should start shopping at Gamestop, but I am an ebay/half/amazon guy. ;) I'll just keep em or use them as a bonus with my extra PS2 fat.

When I saw the CD I said "DEEDLIT!" and the lady running the sale said "What did you say?", so I had to explain. :bouncy:

[quote name='FOnewearl']Nice bonus on the Primus VHS tape in the first picture slowdive21[/QUOTE]

When she said $5 for the box I asked her to throw in the Primus tape and the boba fett bobblehead! I can't pass up a music VHS. :D

Edit: I already know what sale I am hitting tomorrow morning! I'm glad it starts at 9 since it will take me 15-20 minutes to get there, but they are advertising playstation games. I'll double check late night to make sure no other ones popped up.

bread's done
Back