Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Daw19yoyo']So here is what i bought Today

Legend of Zelda: Oricana Of Time N64 Instruction Booklet .50

Myst With Journal of Myst and Guide 0.50 PC

Duke Nukem Kill-a-Ton collection with Gamewizards guide and Disc. 0.50

TimeLapse 4 disc's with guide 0.50

For FREE Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Prima guide gold Edition, Instruction Book, and Mission Pack instrution book. also a Free vitamin water.

Really siked about the instruction book to Zelda. Always sucked at it untill now.

Story for them:

My family and i went Garage saleing and found this huge combo of sales. The first one we bought at sold me the instruction book fo 0.50 because he sold the game already.
The lady i got everything ese from gave me the vitamin water Because her husband worked for Coke and if coke gets overstock they give the extras to the employes to give to people to advertise... but anyway she sold me the games for 1/2 off for no reason and i got the Rainbow six stuff out of the recycling because she was throwing it away. I WON!!!!![/QUOTE]

There's a valuable Duke Nukem pc collection? I never knew.

My games:

Thurs had the big Game Gear set and two other game finds:

This sale had a Pilates DVD with a circle tool . . . marked $1. I got her to throw in the Full Throttle.

Genesis games suck . . . I saw this complete copy of Earthworm Jim (committed to .50 on it) and asked if there were any others. She brought out these:

She said that she needed to get $1 each on the rest but I got her to take $3 for the other 5 ;-) Later I compared the value of a complete EWJ for Genny vs. Super N. The difference made me weep.

Friday started with heartbreak when I spotted an NES (hookups and 4 controllers) with about 25 games. They were all very common but there was a Lolo 2 in the mix (which I looked up later). This was at 7 am at a day-care fundraiser. They wanted $40 which was just too high for flipping (in my mind) I tried $20 but it was early. I got back at 11 am and it was gone. If someone was looking for a personal set . . . they got a nice deal.

Elsewhere, a woman had a box of Xbox games for $5 each all crap except:

I was going to suggest $3 (my goal) but instead I said $2 (thinking we'd get to $3) but she took $2.

I was a total bastard on these:

There was a case with a GBA (original) with 6 games and marked $30. I pulled out these and asked if they'd take $5 for them. The granny running the sale wasn't going to do it because she didn't know anything about it. A teen girl (sister of owner?) suggested it was a good idea. Thanks!

Spotted this at a sale where I got DVDs (and passed on common overpriced PS2 games):

Paid $1.

Saturday offered very little. I got these for $1:

I took a chance on the PC game--but its really just an unbroken 2-CD case.

These were in with a few other (common) games:

I ignored that the box said $15 each for the games and offered $10 for the pair.

I don't get to as many sales as I'd like, mainly money and space is an issue. I have a small studio apartment, so whatever I buy has to be small, and REALLLY worth it. So I mainly go only for games and kitchen appliances, designer bags and books.

Found an unadvertised moving sale. I got:

The Simpsons Season 2 DVD collectors edition- 1.00

REALLY authentic looking knock off Prada bag brand new 1.00

I keep hoping to relive my once in a lifetime find of a REAL (yes R-E-A-L)Louis Vuitton bag for 5 dollars...rich lady didn't like it anymore because of the loose threads on the handle. This was in 2006.

Today I drove around town, rummaged through some strangers' junk, and gave them money in exchange for some of that junk. Gentlemen...these are those items.

Dscn6423.jpg

First haul of the day. $5.50 total. Wow, I didn't realize but a few of these have some decent value.
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Gex: Enter the Gecko
Dino Crisis (w/ RE3 demo)
Dino Crisis 2
Monopoly
Nightmare Creatures
Nightmare Creatures II
Casper (no manual)

:ps2: Silent Hill 2 disc-only

Dscn6424.jpg

Cheapo Genesis games. $.50 each, $4 total. Kinda junky but I hate abandoning Genesis games. They'll at least make good padding next time I have to put together a lot for ebay or something.
Ecco the Dolphin (complete)
Tommy Lasorda Baseball (no manual)
NBA Jam (no manual)
ESPN Baseball Tonight (w/ manual & poster)
Dashin' Desperados (w/ manual)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
The Jungle Book
Taz-Mania

Dscn6425.jpg

:360: Dead Rising $2
:360: Crackdown $2
:360: Overlord 2 $2
:dvd: Animaniacs vol. 2 $1

All complete, love finding cheap 360 games and Animaniacs is self-explanatory.

Dscn6426.jpg

Some things from last week.
Gran Turismo (no manual) - $1

PS1/PS2 Lot - $4.50
Thunder Strike 2
Driver 2
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Gundam Battle Assault 2 (no manual)
Mega Man X4 (disc only)
Mega Man Legends 2 (disc only)
:ps2: Timesplitters
:ps2: Onimusha 2 (not pictured)

Logitech V220 Laptop Mouse NIB - $2

Dscn6427.jpg

Salvation Army finds from a couple days ago. $4 total.
Genesis Games $.25 each
Toy Story
Super Battleship
Tecmo Super NBA Basketball
World Series Baseball '95
Jurassic Park Rampage Edition
Mortal Kombat 3
ToeJam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron
The Magic Schoolbus

:pc: Star Wars: Dark Forces

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']There's a valuable Duke Nukem pc collection? I never knew.[/QUOTE]

I don't knnow if it is valuable or not.

[quote name='elessar123']Hehe, I remember that one.[/QUOTE]

my ex had a bunch of complete PC games that I sold for $100.
Had a bunch of Duke Nukem games. He couldnt believe it.

[quote name='adriley313']my ex had a bunch of complete PC games that I sold for $100.
Had a bunch of Duke Nukem games. He couldnt believe it.[/QUOTE]

Your ex before or after you sold it? :lol:

[quote name='schultzed']Nice deal, who the hell would sell a multi-disc DVD set for .25?
[/QUOTE]
People who are giving their proceeds from their sale to charity, apparently. This was their asking price, and I saw a guy with 2 seasons of 24 at the sale, I wish I'd gotten there sooner...

10 NES games - $5

Asked about video games, mentioned some Playstation games when brought out they were actually NES games. Asked me to make an offer to which I did at 5 which was taken.

Light rain off and on Friday morning, left the house at 8:30 got to 22 sales and was out for almost 3 hours.

Not much for expensive stuff, PS1 with memory card, everything needed and no games for $25 being the worst. One sale sold video games last sale and a few mentioned grand kids who took some sort of old games at some point. Only thing I was told about missing was one house sold most of the Xbox games they had for sale, had 3 sports games left.

I saw a sale advertised on CL Friday morning that mentioned an old Nintendo (house I've been to before "Bandai Electronics FL Frisky Tom With Plug - $1" in 2010). Sale started at 9 I got to it about 8:45 $50 for a NES with everything needed and IIRC 8 games - Super Mario Bros. 3, Paperboy 2, Micky Mousecapdes, Gumshoe that I can remember with nothing that I needed for my collection anyways. I asked about doing better to which the girl said she would a little (guessing $40 at best) to which I said I was honestly looking to spend $20.

House nearby an older lady mentioned having an Atari with games but mentioned wanting to look it up on eBay to find out what it was worth and asking a son in law or some family member about it. It was clear that she wasen't interested in getting rid of it at her yardsale.

One other sale a lady mentioned having a SNES (description sounded like an NES) that didn't work with about 20 games which she didn't even think to bring with her to sell as if she would sell it if it was handy.

The only sale I bought from was actually a sale I was also at last year pretty late in the day but nobody was around so I made a note of the address and that nobody was around, I probably would have passed the sale altogehter if it wasen't for a few other addresses on the same block that I've never been to.

The seller at this last sale was asking everybody if they were looking for anything in particular. The seller mentioned to a buyer who just showed up how I asked about video games as they weren't even out for sale as an offer to dig up something in the house that said buyer may be interested in if they have it and the guy mentioned how he had a Nintendo and/or games he would sell. I politely asked about it and he asked me "how much I pay for them" or something like that. I don't even remember what I said but I didn't give him a number and I'm sure he was sensing that I didn't want to pay the moon and the stars but I didn't want to say something like .50 that he wouldn't like (like I just paid per a game) or something higher infront of a guy I just paid .50 per a game to. I was having deju vu and think it was the same guy at a block sale a few years back near my place that I gave my name and number to who asked me how much I would be willing to pay up front without seeing anything for IIRC a NES with games.

PGA Tour 96 (Disc For 98) - .50
Nintendo 24 Cart Storage Case - 1
Super Paper Mario Happy Meal Type Toy (New) - .25
Pelican PS1 2x Memory Cards (New) - 1
Micro Machines V4, Rampage: Total Destruction (Both Complete, PS2) - 3
Luigi's Mansion (No Manual) - 1
N64 With Power Cord, Mario Kart 64 & 4 1st Party Controllers - 5
The Rest of The Misc Older Video Game Stuff - 3

The first four small finds were all IAP, wasen't really interested in the golf game but couldn't pass up the big case since it wasen't cracked or broken. The 2 PS2 games were at a sale with mostly PS2 dreck, 2 a game or 3 for 5 offered 3 for the two I got. Luigi's Mansion was in a small pile of GameCube games which was $5 for all I offered a buck for it. The N64 was from a house I asked about games at, brought it out and I looked it over and asked how much and the guy said $5 which was what I was thinking about offering anyways. The last find was all out with everything mark .25 or .50 and was probably only still out at about 10:30ish dirt cheap because they weren't getting a ton of foot traffic I'm guessing, I offered to take it all for $2 and they countered with $3 (As marked totaled up to 3.75).

Got out at 7:50 and was out for 4 hours, first nice day with no rain or clouds in two weeks. Had a list of 23 sales and with unadvertised and 2 of the sales being decent sized block sales I ended up going to about 48 sales and a bi-annual flea market.

I don't remember seeing any way overpriced video games and was told at one house that they sold the video games they had already and the house I got the 2 PS2 games at I was told that they already sold an Xbox and a Nintendo with mention of the Nintendo going in the first half hour.

[quote name='schultzed']Friday started with heartbreak when I spotted an NES (hookups and 4 controllers) with about 25 games. They were all very common but there was a Lolo 2 in the mix (which I looked up later). This was at 7 am at a day-care fundraiser. They wanted $40 which was just too high for flipping (in my mind) I tried $20 but it was early. I got back at 11 am and it was gone. If someone was looking for a personal set . . . they got a nice deal.[/QUOTE]

Without knowing what all games were included that doesn't sound too bad, I know compared to the days of reading about on here (or even finding yourself) say an NES with games for $5-10 or maybe even $20 with a shit ton of games it doesn't sound like the most yardsale worthy price but the truth of the matter is that finding $5 systems with games at yardsales is getting harder every year.

You could make about $40 roughly just selling an NES that works with hookups 2 controllers a zapper and SMB/Duck Hunt on Amazon I'm guessing.

That Snow Bros looks nice also, one I've been looking for. Would be nice to luck out and find it in the wild since I don't see myself paying what it goes for online.

5744477871_30da0a9f1e_b.jpg

My young son is out of town for the weekend, so with him not waking me up early, and my wife free to sleep in, I had the kind of Saturday morning us 'sailers dream about. It's not that I found the greatest stuff ever today, but just the thrill of the hunt, getting out early to hit 25-30 sales, meeting all kind of strange and fascinating characters, and searching for treasures is an indescribable high for me.

Anyway, here's a quick rundown of my finds (there seemed to be a strong Star Wars theme going today...fine with me since I'm a freak for that stuff).

One of the first sales I hit I scored the awesome Vader mask with an N64 sans a/v cord (not pictured) for $5. Asked him about any games, and he produced the N64 South Park and Mario Cart for another $5.

Hit up a nice little neighborhood sale a little later, with 15-20 houses participating. At various sales I scored the SNL DVD Trivial pursuit (new, sealed) for $3, followed by a nice little pair of air force one's for $2 for myself (if I find cheap shoes in my size, 13, I tend to buy them as long as they are in decent condition; these are actually 12.5's, but I'm hoping they are a little large). Things got even better when I picked up the OG Han & Chewie puzzle for $0.25, and the stack of old Nintendo guides for $3 total.

Not really getting close to my budget for the day, and my quest for treasure unsatisfied, I decided to cruise the local thrift stores to keep the day rolling. At Goodwill I score the Phantom Menace and Keillor hardbacks for about $3 for both, after the 50% off sale they had on books; also grabbed a weird little Banjo Kazooie Blockbuster promo VHS tape for $0.25. Probably had my best finds (at least monetarily) at the Salvation Army, though. Grabbed nice complete copies of Syndicate Wars and Clock Tower (both PS1) for $5/ea, and a CIB Justifier PS1 light gun for $10. Thought those prices were a little high for an SA, but everything was in nice condition, and all of those seem to go for decent money. Also grabbed a sealed Taxi Driver SE VHS for $0.25, and the SW Paradise Snare audio books (cassettes) for $1 there.

Still finding myself with a good bit of time before my semi-formal, self-imposed 12 noon curfew, I decided I would make a quick run of some of the pawn shops, as well:
5745068044_fc02d86678_z.jpg

Managed to snag this trio between two shops to wind down my day. Got Reach at the first store for $10, then WWE All Stars for $9, and DC Universe Online for $10 at another; just found out that apparently DC Universe is basically untradeable anywhere basically, so I'm hoping that the 30 day online pass still in the case is valid. The other 2 went straight to Worst Buy for $55 in store credit. So basically $55 in BB store credit and a copy of DCUO for $29.

All of that, and I was still home before 11am! Unbelievably, I slept about an hour and a half later than I had planned, but everything worked out in the end. I ended up skipping probably 3-5 of the 30+ sales I had mapped out, but all in all, a great way to spend a couple of hours.

By some crazed circumstance, both my wife AND my son will be out of town next weekend (he is young, so we usually are pretty much all together wherever we go), do Dad might be throwing a little mid-morning trip to the Flea Market into his routine next weekend! :whee:
Don't know how much will be going on, though, because of the Memorial Day weekend. I guess I'll just have to look forward to the BBV B1G1 to console me...:)

BTW, we don't post any children books and clothing and some other books.

Two weekends ago. I already posted about these, I think. I just forgot to crop/resize and upload the photos.

2ac9d7ac.jpg

I actually just suddenly found out about the book, and I found it the day after. I'm a fan of dystopia stories, though I don't read much.

3c2b9d2b.jpg

The bumper sticker my GF was excited about.

412b318e.jpg

$5 for the two DS cards, missed out on a DSL and an iPod.

c48ac0ed.jpg

Been wanting to watch Soylent Green as well. Picked up Star Wars for flipping. The game is a Mensa game that looked interesting.

852f86a7.jpg

Cat modeling some fairy wings. GF's mom wants wings for... something. I never bothered asking what.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Didn't get much today.
cc39fb95.jpg

$1 for the lot

ccb23345.jpg

This isn't at a garage sale, but at Book-Off. Was $16.xx total. The D&D book itself is worth $20+.

Not pictured: A multimeter. Can't find a price online, but a slightly higher model sold for $150. It's not a Fluke, and the probes look a little bent. Story is that an electrician left it at the guy's house, and didn't finish the job. He said he had to pay a second electrician to finish the job, so he's selling the first electrician's crap because he never came back to get it, or to finish the job.

I'll post last week's in a bit. Forgot to take pictures.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Edit: Last week's. I already posted about the games.

0b35009a.jpg

Each hardcover costed about $1, and each soft cover was like $0.25 or $0.50. It was from 2 sellers.

elessar . . . just imagine if you had gotten all the games with those instructions . . .

[quote name='FOnewearl']Without knowing what all games were included that doesn't sound too bad, I know compared to the days of reading about on here (or even finding yourself) say an NES with games for $5-10 or maybe even $20 with a shit ton of games it doesn't sound like the most yardsale worthy price but the truth of the matter is that finding $5 systems with games at yardsales is getting harder every year.
[/QUOTE]

I agree and I said that it was a great find for someone looking for a personal system. Maybe I could've pushed for $30 . . . but I also have a few NES systems on hand that I need to flip. I don't like them because I figure they will blink upon arrival :) Had it been an SNES or N64 with a decent compliment of games . . . I'd have been into it.

[quote name='sgaldis']
5745068044_fc02d86678_z.jpg

Managed to snag this trio between two shops to wind down my day. Got Reach at the first store for $10, then WWE All Stars for $9, and DC Universe Online for $10 at another; just found out that apparently DC Universe is basically untradeable anywhere basically, so I'm hoping that the 30 day online pass still in the case is valid. The other 2 went straight to Worst Buy for $55 in store credit. So basically $55 in BB store credit and a copy of DCUO for $29.[/QUOTE]
Any chance you'd sell DCUO for a reasonable(see: not over $15 shipped:razz:) price since apparently every fuckin' Target I go to hasn't begun to clearance it yet?

Mind ya, that's ONLY if the code in it is actually good.

I only wanna try the game for the month trial n like $15 is max I'd pay for it cuz I know I'm NOT going to be keeping the sub after the month is up.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Any chance you'd sell DCUO for a reasonable(see: not over $15 shipped:razz:) price since apparently every fuckin' Target I go to hasn't begun to clearance it yet?

Mind ya, that's ONLY if the code in it is actually good.

I only wanna try the game for the month trial n like $15 is max I'd pay for it cuz I know I'm NOT going to be keeping the sub after the month is up.[/QUOTE]

How is 15 dollars reasonable? Seems like a wicked lowball to me.

[quote name='AugustAPC']How is 15 dollars reasonable? Seems like a wicked lowball to me.[/QUOTE]
I know it's a lowball offer, but as I said I would most likely play it for the free 30 days and then never play it again, so paying anything over that is kinda pointless to me.

But the guy got it for $10, so $15 covers shipping and a couple of bucks profit.

I know I yell at people for trying to lowball me(which is why I removed my PS3 game list from my trade list since that's all I ever got for offers), but my offer was based on the value the item has to me(next to none).

It'd be worth more to me if the monthly fee was either eliminated or reduced to like $5 a month at most. But isn't it run by Sony? I don't trust their servers on anything to be secure in the least, so hopefully the one time code allows you to just get on for 30 days w/o having to give em debit/credit card info at all.

I don't recall having to submit credit card information upon the free trial. I also agree that the monthly fees are pretty high. Their servers are very stable as of now, though, and the game has seen many upgrades and fixes.

They also release new content monthly, so it does feel like you're paying for something. The game is very relaxing to me, it's got a very easy pace to it, but there's plenty to do.

I'm gonna stop derailing this thread now, though. lol.

Is it more like an action RPG with pressing a button doing actions or is it more turn based where you press a button, watch your character do an animation then have to wait for a meter to recharge before you can do another attack?

My Friday Beer Sign madness . . . I was in this subdivision and really coming up empty . . . not only games but media of any kind. In retrospect, I think I just wanted to buy something . . . DOH!

First I bought this one for $7 . . . I figured this would be a great sale on ebay.

I think I can make some money on it--they appear to sell on ebay and its light and should ship well. It might bring $30 . . . maybe more during the holidays.

The other two are wild cards.

I saw this great Guinness sign at a sale and passed on it. As I was leaving the subdivision, I went back. I was thinking it would be great for my father in-law. He likes Guinness but even before I told my wife, I realized they have no space for it since they downspaced :whistle2:(

Its brand new (still wrapped in plastic and in original shipping box) and pretty big (18" in diameter with this huge armature to mount it). It was marked $50 but I got it for $40. I don't see anything like it on Ebay.

The other one was at the same sale and was marked $20 but I got it for $10:

I'll need to take better pictures of this one for ebay (sell it near the holidays). Both the Bud and Guinness signs were made by Everbrite . . . which has a website. This one is 18" square with a clock in the middle. The clock works but the sign doesn't light up . . . hopefully a new bulb with take care of it. The car is a 3D model inside. I thought the combo of Bud and NASCAR would give it some value.

^^^There are 2 guys that popped up this year in my area that exclusively buy beer signs/beer related stuff. The everbrite signs I believe were given (maybe now they sell them) to pub owners, so I do not think they were available for regular consumers. That is good because the supply in the consumer market is low for these versions of the signs.

@
elessar123 and sgaldis I wish I could find guides in that shape!

desert_gold_hound did you buy that cleaning machine online or did your get it from a closing store?

N3UROP0D Awesome PS1 lot.

FOnewearl always impressive!

[quote name='slowdive21']

6624b6a8.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Awwww man. There's some memories right here. I had this game as a kid(and a Knight Rider board game), but when I stopped going up my dad's house for weekends when I was about 14 I left them all there.:cry:

Probasbly my first day going to yard sales in over 2 years.

First sale I hit had just Wario Land 3 for the Game Boy. Gave them a buck for it.

Next three were busts - never go to yard sales that advertise games. Just modded xboxes, and the such.

Final sale was right across from where I lived. I wasn't going to go because no parking on main street and I had just finished working 13 hrs at 8 am, but I pulled in anyways.

Here I got:
GBA SP NES edition - w/ link cable, and power cord
Zelda: Minish Cap
Poker
Mario Golf
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Legend of Zelda for NES
Zelda 2 for NES
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! for NES
2 Controllers
RF Adapter - needed for extra systems along with controllers
Power Glove (no sensors)
How to beat Nintendo games book

Risk -LotR Trilogy edition - new sealed

Dungeons and Dragon - rule book 01 or something.

Total I spent there was $47

I'm not sure what I will keep out of the bunch - aside from the Power GLove and how to beat Nintendo games book. I wish I knew the Power Glove had sensors. I had one when I was 4 but I didn't remember it having sensors - probably why it didn't work well. I would've looked for them through the box of wires - oh well.

I'd keep looking for some more sales - but I should head to bed before work and there weren't many posters out. Also a few of the posters led to nothing - so I guess they were for yesterday.

[quote name='Dokstarr'] I wish I knew the Power Glove had sensors. I had one when I was 4 but I didn't remember it having sensors - probably why it didn't work well. I would've looked for them through the box of wires - oh well.[/QUOTE]

No. I had one brand new when they came out and the Powerglove just didn't work well at all.

[quote name='Dokstarr'] I wasn't going to go . . .

Here I got:
GBA SP NES edition
Risk -LotR Trilogy edition - new sealed

[/QUOTE]

Sweet pickups on these!

I love how the sale that you almost skip turns out great.

On Friday, I did one side of town and then the other and went home about noon. Then I had to go out and pay a bill so I stopped at an advertised sale in the middle of town around 3 pm that I had skipped earlier. I found a so-so book and was almost ready to leave when I spotted a table full of CDs at the back of the sale. I dropped $60 buying 50 CDs and a few CD-sets. These are obscure (many oop) R&B releases . . . Motown-type stuff. The listing value is in the $100s but it may take awhile to make anything on them--because they have high sale ranks--I'll update later in the season if I score on them.

Also, Rummage Fail:

I found these in a box at a sale and paid $1 for them. I thought maybe, just a slim chance, they were multi-carts for the Genesis (based on shape) but I'm pretty sure they are for some knock-off game system. I wouldn't have bought them at all but I was moving very fast at the moment.

[quote name='schultzed']My games:

Thurs had the big Game Gear set and two other game finds:

This sale had a Pilates DVD with a circle tool . . . marked $1. I got her to throw in the Full Throttle.[/QUOTE]

Man, I had a minty Full Throttle complete in box that I donated a few years ago (this was before I tried to brave the wacky world of DOS patches). You should give it a try if you can get the audio to work.

Valkyrie Profile PS1 Complete
Suikoden PS1 Complete
Suikoden II Guide
Resident Evil GC Guide
Pikmin Guide
Pikmin II Guide

all for $2.00
These were at a sale I went to that advertised having 1000's of records and dvds, but only had a few hundred even though I got there before the advertised opening time. A little pissed, but not really surprised, I asked the guy if he had anymore records. He and his wife got really excited and told me that they had sold hundreds last weekend. By now I was really disappointed and on the way out when I saw a small table with all the crap I got and a bunch of empty cd cases and PC guides, none of it priced. Maybe he felt bad about the records, or just didn't care about the stuff, but when I asked for a price he said 50 cents for games and 25 cents for guides!

Only hit 2 sales yesterday morning and got out late (11 or 11:30) due to pure laziness. At the first the first thing I spotted from a few feet away was an NES sitting on the table. Upon closer inspection I saw that there was also a Genesis model 1 and Dreamcast sitting right next to it. The Dreamcast was the only one with any controllers or wires. I ask if the guy has any games and he says they might be over on the other side of the yard sale.

So I head over to the other corner and see two buckets full of CD's and start digging. I find about 15 Dreamcast games at the bottom. Mostly sports but a couple of non-sport titles. I pick up Dreamcast Web Browser and Evolution: The World of Sacred Device, thinking one might be worth something. I head back over to the guy and ask how much for the Dreamcast and he tells me $5 so I ask about the games and end up paying $7 for everything.

Not much but for only hitting two sales I was fairly happy... especially because I haven't gotten the chance to play on a Dreamcast. At the next sale they had nothing but I spotted a 3rd party Gamecube controller and ask about games, but she says her son "takes care of selling all the games" and starts chatting with her friend about how her son brought home a bunch of Playstation 3 games and resold them at Gamestop... naturally I walked away.

Was hoping to hit an advertised apartment complex sale but when I went to it there were no sales, and I went completely out of my way to get to it :/ sucks when that happens. It probably closed before I got there, so it's really my fault for getting out late. Anyway, not worth it to post pics. Nice finds though everyone!

[quote name='afrodo']Valkyrie Profile PS1 Complete
Suikoden PS1 Complete
Suikoden II Guide
Resident Evil GC Guide
Pikmin Guide
Pikmin II Guide

all for $2.00
These were at a sale I went to that advertised having 1000's of records and dvds, but only had a few hundred even though I got there before the advertised opening time. A little pissed, but not really surprised, I asked the guy if he had anymore records. He and his wife got really excited and told me that they had sold hundreds last weekend. By now I was really disappointed and on the way out when I saw a small table with all the crap I got and a bunch of empty cd cases and PC guides, none of it priced. Maybe he felt bad about the records, or just didn't care about the stuff, but when I asked for a price he said 50 cents for games and 25 cents for guides![/QUOTE]

Pics or it didn't happen. :D

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']Only hit 2 sales yesterday morning and got out late (11 or 11:30) due to pure laziness. At the first the first thing I spotted from a few feet away was an NES sitting on the table. Upon closer inspection I saw that there was also a Genesis model 1 and Dreamcast sitting right next to it. The Dreamcast was the only one with any controllers or wires. I ask if the guy has any games and he says they might be over on the other side of the yard sale.

So I head over to the other corner and see two buckets full of CD's and start digging. I find about 15 Dreamcast games at the bottom. Mostly sports but a couple of non-sport titles. I pick up Dreamcast Web Browser and Evolution: The World of Sacred Device, thinking one might be worth something. I head back over to the guy and ask how much for the Dreamcast and he tells me $5 so I ask about the games and end up paying $7 for everything.

Not much but for only hitting two sales I was fairly happy... especially because I haven't gotten the chance to play on a Dreamcast. At the next sale they had nothing but I spotted a 3rd party Gamecube controller and ask about games, but she says her son "takes care of selling all the games" and starts chatting with her friend about how her son brought home a bunch of Playstation 3 games and resold them at Gamestop... naturally I walked away.

Was hoping to hit an advertised apartment complex sale but when I went to it there were no sales, and I went completely out of my way to get to it :/ sucks when that happens. It probably closed before I got there, so it's really my fault for getting out late. Anyway, not worth it to post pics. Nice finds though everyone![/QUOTE]

$7 bucks for a Dreamcast and some games isn't too shabby. I think Evolution 2 is the one that's mildly uncommon; it's getting hard to tell on Dreamcast titles because on a lot of them the value tanks and then slowly crawls back up again. Now's the time to buy. :)

[quote name='sp00ge']No. I had one brand new when they came out and the Powerglove just didn't work well at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will have to see later what those sensors were on ebay. A bunch of auctions had sensors with it.

I remember trying to use the power glove but getting fed up. I think with bad street brawler. A class ic crappy game in which you can punch gorillas and ciruc midgets.

I have to ho home and netflix the wizard. "I love the power glove...."

Sat pretty dry for games, even if I'm out with the birds...thinking a local thrift store with a glass case with overpriced games might be my competition...

Gameboy color with 6 games $10 offered $5 for these titles...
Gb Monster Rancher Battle Card
Pokemon red
GBC Zelda Oracle of Ages
GBC Zelda Oracle of Seasons
GBC Harry Potter
GBA Ty2
GBA JImmy Neutron Jet Fusion

and picked up another $2 Dark Room Timer with buzzer for poker tourneys...these work great! but I keep giving them to tourney hosts...

PS2 controller $2 mint (keep seeing $15 PS2s without controllers on craigs...)
PS1 Crash $1
GBA Pokemon show & old beat up Mario guide $1

Today
PC Dawn of Wars II free (complete)

http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n570/ShoNuff915/

Link to what I got today at the only sale I hit this morning.

Ad goes up on CL advertising video games (Ps1, Ps2, Xbox, 360, Dreamcast). I get there within an hour I see 2 duffel bags full of XBOX and 360 games. I go directly to the guy running it ask about Dreamcast and PS1 games. Says they all sold with the PS2 games. However while I'm sifting through the duffel bags he comes out with a CD case full of PS1 and DC games. I grab em. And get the best of his Xbox and 360 collection. Ran out of cash but really wanted his consoles (DC, PS2 and XBOX). Got his number said he give me a deal if they didn't sell.

I got lazy with the XBOX games I know theres some decent stuff in there. Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Silent Hill 2 is in there. I basically built my collection today. Hefty price tag but I think it was worth the $95 especially in this city.

ADDED:
Forgot to add traded a stack of comics I got at a yard sale for $2 for a MINI SNES with 2 Controllers and Yoshis Island, Lion King and Chavez 2.

Also got a text from a guy with a LARGE amount of video games he wants to get rid of.

Pics or it didn't happen. :D
Whatever happened to word is bond?

They won't let me post pics or links yet since I'm a new user. How many posts do I need to make before I can share links and images?
It's too bad, I cleaned up the discs at work with a professional CD buffer (I work at a used music store) and replaced the scuffed outer cases, making them look minty.

I was really hoping the guy would have the Suikoden II game to go along with the guide as I sold my copy a few years ago. Brief aside, I used to work in the electronics section at Target back in 2000 when I was a sophomore in high school and in the stockroom there was a cabinet with games that they didn't have enough copies of to make it worth devoting shelf space to. The games I was able to pick-up were ridiculous, copies of Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Intelligent Qube, Devil Dice and Suikoden II all cost between $5 and $20 each. Unfortunately, I quit after they moved me to housewares. I never saw that magical cabinet again.

If you live near a Target that has been there for long time it might be worth talking up a person in electronics and trying to get them to check out the "discontinued game cabinet".

Hey all...

Came out to the in-laws' for a yard sale this weekend. They live in a gated community, so they only do garage sales once a year. Got a nice little collection this year, better than I've done in the past...

GH copy of Final Fantasy 7 for $15
Nintendo 64 (the original, no color) with 18 games, including Gold Ocarina, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Diddy Kong Racing, etc. for $40
Game Boy Color with a stack of games, Metroid II and Link's Awakening being the big ones for $10
LEGO Harry Potter for $6 (OBVIOUSLY reselling this...couldn't pass it up)
And another N64, just console and power cord for $1.

Also, my copy of Diablo for the PS1 that I got for $3 just sold for $40. Not a bad weekend.

GUESS WHO'S BACK?

One of my old friends is really into yardsaling, too, and has been coming with me, doing the driving while I plan and navigate. And since we have very little overlap in yardsale interests, him being more pragmatic and housewares oriented, and me being a gaming-and-movie fiend, it works beautifully because there will rarely be any squabbling over loot.

Last week my highlight was this lot:

Rad Racer II
Super Mario Bros Duck Hunt
2 NES Controllers

And, some CIB, but all having at least their box:

Blaster Master
Burgertime
Darkwing Duck
Home Alone 2
Kung Fu Heroes
Mickey Mousecapade
Pinball
R.C. Pro-Am
Tetris

All for $5.

And I've decided to start recording my adventures more accessibly this time. Who has a new blog and got Portal 2 for $5 yesterday? This guy.

I'm going to be posting here weekly, but the BIG posts will be on my blog now. I also did something new and went out today, a Sunday! I found AWESOME things that will be going up in the next day or two once I write everything out, they've all been photographed. But any Power Ranger fans here will likely shit their MegaZord underoos when they see what I picked up in the next post.

[quote name='DeadStranger']http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n570/ShoNuff915/
I got lazy with the XBOX games I know theres some decent stuff in there. Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Silent Hill 2 is in there. I basically built my collection today. Hefty price tag but I think it was worth the $95 especially in this city.
[/QUOTE]

Definitely worth $95 in any city. Pretty much every major Capcom fighting title from the PS1 era is in there, plus you've got all the Resident Evils and Silent Hill in there. If you sold all of that stuff, you'd easily make $300 - $400 or more.

[quote name='Doomstink']Definitely worth $95 in any city. Pretty much every major Capcom fighting title from the PS1 era is in there, plus you've got all the Resident Evils and Silent Hill in there. If you sold all of that stuff, you'd easily make $300 - $400 or more.[/QUOTE]

:hot: I thought I overpaid for the CD case ($30)... Holy shit. I've never dropped $95 at a single place before.

[quote name='kube00']Alright Gatsby I'll have to take a look at your blog[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks. I'm pretty stunned I got a bottle of bourbon and seven bottles of wine at a yard sale. I usually take care of my gaming habits with yard sales, not my drunken escapades.

I was also happy to snag these for a buck total. The hunt is on!

OK I have to break it up into 4 posts.

Some of these things I really don't know why I bought them. Some of them I just wanted to see how low of an offer people are wiling to accept.

Misc Marvel toys $2 for all
0271b986.jpg

Paid $5 for the pair...I think I overpaid

3fca1d74.jpg

50 cents each DVDs "Strange Days" is still sealed.

0d208ce3.jpg

Books 10 cents each. I didn't lowball for this price...I am not THAT cheap! ;)

8822334e.jpg

PS2 Games $1 each

21d5471f.jpg

VHS 50 cents each. The ones in the first pic are all sealed as well as the top row of the second pic. Charity sale (prices are firm)

e65ce701.jpg

c110993f.jpg

Misc items .50 Smurfs lunchbox, KFC record, toy plane sealed.

11ecc459.jpg

MISC items .25 each. Top row as well as N64 cleaner are still sealed.

0e48ad3f.jpg

Yamaha PSS-130 Keyboard missing A/C $1.50. I am on a keyboard streak.

c49bdc94.jpg

FREE. I went to a sale and asked about video games and she gave me these for free, since they were all she had.

ac0437f1.jpg

OK. This lady pissed me off. I asked about video games and her (high school aged) daughter said they have some n64 games inside. She comes back out and her Mom also comes out. The Dad and brother are already outside.

I had also already bought a couple of things at the sale.

I ask how much for the games and the Mom says "I don't know. How much do you usually pay for them?"

".25 cents to $1 each usually"

"I don't want to get screwed on these. You better not be lying to me! I can take them to Gamestop."

"Actually gamestop does not take them anymore...I am not sure if they even take Gamecube anymore which is the system that came out after this one. That's why I buy the old ones, since they are usually cheap."

The girl then speaks up and says "How about $5 for all of them?" (there were 8 games 5 of them I hope were junk - goldeneye, another bond game, a wrestling game, space invaders, and some game with a purple mean looking medieval robot thing)

The Mom then says "No, these should be at least $1 each" and said "We are going to fight about this."

I said "Who me and you? or You and her? I don't need them that badly and I don't want to get her in trouble. If they are $1 each I'll take these 3."

These are the ones I pulled:

09bc8f57.jpg

[quote name='juangrande386']^i wouldve gotten all 8 if it was only going to be $5 or $8. Someone would probably give you $20 for one of the Zeldas[/QUOTE]

I would have taken all 8 for $5, but the Mom wasn't having it, so I cherry picked the 3 above. I don't think I left anything that was very good. I know I could resell them for more, but I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of charging me $1 each for junk games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back