Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit about 20-30 sales today with nothing to show for my trouble. I did pass on a few random controllers at various sales. I had that feeling of being one step behind the competition all morning, and it didn't help that feeling to see an empty shelf labeled "Super Nintendo Games - $1 each at one sale. I asked about them and she said they only had 3 or 4 though. Hopefully those four weren't Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, FF2 and FF3 :)

Hopefully tomorrow will be better if I can convince myself to get up early again.

I'm considering going on a hiatus from yard sales. Second straight week of hitting 20+ sales and coming home empty handed. Bummer.

It is pretty disheartening when you find nothing after searching all day, especially when its hot as the devils drawers outside.

Also: does anyone else read what people find, see that they left the sports games behind and automatically think, "IT WAS YOU!" I always find left over sports games so I assume someone got there before me

I was on vacation for a bit so didnt do much.. Might go tomorrow if I feel good when I wake up

[quote name='Potatoeman']It is pretty disheartening when you find nothing after searching all day, especially when its hot as the devils drawers outside.

Also: does anyone else read what people find, see that they left the sports games behind and automatically think, "IT WAS YOU!" I always find left over sports games so I assume someone got there before me

I was on vacation for a bit so didnt do much.. Might go tomorrow if I feel good when I wake up[/QUOTE]

Generally yes, although sometimes there were never any good games in the first place.

[quote name='donut']Great story...
Rather surprised you let DS Mario Kart go ... easily $20 TIV at GS but that was nice of you!
and $10-$15 for a working DS or DS lite (even without a charger...very cheap to replace and a great negotiating reason) is a great deal.
The original DS is a lil tank and remarkably holds an easy $25 value...

great posts and great stories, thank you for taking all the time to post!

[/QUOTE]

It was part me being nice/part me being anal about what games I keep. I only want complete games in my collection. ;) I know the Mario Kart is flippable, but I usually only sell games on ebay, half, or amazon...I'm not big on trading stuff in.

Nice finds! Minty games are always a plus!

I have an update on my Nemesis.

I got up at 7:30 AM to get to a sale starting at 8 that was advertising a x-box and games and a GameCube. I pull in at 7:42 and I my Nemesis driving off as I am parking.

I see a few junk games left and ask about the xbox. The lady tells me that a guy just bought it and some games as well as a ps1 and some games. She said she wanted $10 each console/$1 per game and he said they were only worth $5 for both systems and the games he pulled. :censored:

So basically he got an x-box with games and a ps1 with games for $5 total.

Fast forward to later in the day: We cross paths at another sale and he overhears me ask the lady about video games. He then speaks up and says "There are tons of video games downtown. I saw them at a few sales" I say "Oh really? Thanks."

He then leaves the sale because he needs more money to buy something at the sale. I turn to the lady and tell her I was just downtown and there were no games. I said in fact that guy bought a system from out of my hands. (the xbox story) I said that is why I remember him, so basically he was sending me to an area he already went to.

She said "That is so rude! He was being really pushy before you got here." She then told me it was a $100 item and they settled on $75.

I then warned her that he will try to negotiate on price and then will try again when he comes back. She thanked me and said "Don't worry. He is going to pay what I ask or he wont get it!" :D

The moral of the story, don't think you are slick by lying to my face. I will retaliate because I am petty.

On a side note I saw a new scanner today. He was pretty subtle and I almost didn't notice. He had a bluetooth so it was muted, but I could tell something was up when he was going through cassette tapes! Who buys cassettes still! :shock:

That makes 6 scanners in my area. One guy must have moved, because I haven't seen him this season.

On a happy note, I did get a system I did not have in my collection this weekend. I want one in better shape, but it is still nice to finally have one. Pics to come! :D

[quote name='Tsel']I'm considering going on a hiatus from yard sales. Second straight week of hitting 20+ sales and coming home empty handed. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

I've been getting worn-out myself, so now I've been going out once every two weeks or doing half-shifts on Saturday morning. I'm at the stage where finding nothing would be a good thing, since it's real easy to get backed up gaming and testing and selling.

That said, I hope to find some SNES and PS1 games tomorrow...it seems like all the deals I find in my area are for NES, n64, and PC.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I've been getting worn-out myself, so now I've been going out once every two weeks or doing half-shifts on Saturday morning. I'm at the stage where finding nothing would be a good thing, since it's real easy to get backed up gaming and testing and selling.

That said, I hope to find some SNES and PS1 games tomorrow...it seems like all the deals I find in my area are for NES, n64, and PC.[/QUOTE]
All I ever seem to find are overpriced 3 year old Wii games.

I am on an everlasting quest to find a damn GBA SP. I cannot find one on Craigslist, Thrift stores, or yard sales. I've been looking for over a year now.

[quote name='Tsel']All I ever seem to find are overpriced 3 year old Wii games.

I am on an everlasting quest to find a damn GBA SP. I cannot find one on Craigslist, Thrift stores, or yard sales. I've been looking for over a year now.[/QUOTE]

The best deals on those are usually when they're missing the AC Adaptor (good reason to pick up spare adaptors whenever possible). The one I have for my personal use cost a whopping $2.

Here's a tip that might help you though; when you're at a yard sale that has children about (ages 8 to adolescent) ask if they have any portables. Younger people tend to be helpful in producing pokemon games and sometimes their parents will let them set their own prices for purposes more educational than profit-driven. This is where you'll get your console with 10 games for $20, or [whatever favorable rate you can dream of in this space].

Do you live in a small town Tsel? From your talk of that huge yard sale thing a while back I would guess not.. but not being able to find a GBA SP in a year is crazy! I get ads every day for GBAs on craigslist and see them in pawn shops all the time too..

[quote name='Potatoeman']Do you live in a small town Tsel? From your talk of that huge yard sale thing a while back I would guess not.. but not being able to find a GBA SP in a year is crazy! I get ads every day for GBAs on craigslist and see them in pawn shops all the time too..[/QUOTE]

I live in a VERY small town. It's actually not even considered a town. It's a village. There's probably 75 people max that actually live in my town, but it's basically on the outskirts of several bigger towns. I have to drive at least 15 miles til I find civilization. All we have here is a bank and two bars. If you're wanting a reference, I live about 2 hours south of Chicago.

I've decided to give it another go and go to a different town that I don't normally go to tomorrow. One sale was advertising games, but what's the likelihood of actually finding those games at a sale that started the day before? Not good I would imagine.

I'm just hoping one of these days a really cheap GBA SP will pop up somewhere. Whether Craigslist, yard sale, or thrift store, I don't care. The closest I've come is finding a Game Boy Color at Goodwill just a couple of weeks ago. The reason I want a SP so bad is because I've never actually owned one. My original GBA broke and I haven't owned any handhelds since, except for a PSP, which I haven't even used in two years because I dropped it and the headphone jack completely broke. No sound = no fun.

[quote name='slowdive21']I have an update on my Nemesis.
[/QUOTE]

I was going to say something about this last week. Enjoy it when you beat your competition because they are certainly going to enjoy it when they beat you.

[quote name='schultzed']I was going to say something about this last week. Enjoy it when you beat your competition because they are certainly going to enjoy it when they beat you.[/QUOTE]

If the guy hears from that woman that you told her about him then he will probably start telling people about you. Might makes things shitty for both of you.

[quote name='Dokstarr']If the guy hears from that woman that you told her about him then he will probably start telling people about you. Might makes things shitty for both of you.[/QUOTE]

This is a good point . . . I was thinking something like this. But Slowdive and the nemesis probably already have enough bad blood between them that it won't matter.

I try to play my cards close to my vest but when you are seeing red, it is hard to be discrete.

[quote name='donut']
006.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A.) I can't even begin to tell you how long I've looked for Bust A Groove. I rented it shortly after release, called EB Games regarding it and was told it was already discontinued and they wouldn't be getting it in again.
B.) I had no idea that they made a sequel.
C.) You suck.

Went out for about an hour and a half today to 2 advertised and 1 unadvertised sales, only to find nothing but an Anastasia DVD for $0.75 (I always pick up Disney DVDs when I see them for under $1 or $2)

Ugh. I went out today at 7:30 and hit up about 12 sales until 9 or so, when my stomach started feeling so bad I had to head home. Not digestion bad... bleh, feels awful.

I saw some cool sales though: one guy had tons of box set dvds/blu rays relatively cheap, but didnt want to deal with it since he would have been hard to haggle with. Nip Tuck and Weeds season 1-5 on dvd and blue ray respectively for $45 and $40. He had a lot of board games( 20 or so ). All complete and a couple sealed, but I had never bought board games before and the $6 a piece price tag drew me away.

2 people advertised an Xbox and ps2 respectively. NO EARLY BIRDS on caps. I get there at 8:45 and the xbox is gone at the first place. The second place the woman was asking 75 for a PS2 with no cables at all. GTA and DDR with it of course. Terrible day overall. Hope you guys make out like bandits to compensate

I did ;)

War And Peace (Russian 6-hour one, VHS, 2 tapes)
$1

The Greatest Story Ever Told DVD
50 cents

Out of Time DVD
50 cents

Dreamcast system (all cables)
2 Dreamcast controllers
1 VMU
Dreamcast Generator disc
Resident Evil Code Veronica (complete)
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 (complete)

NES system (all cables)
2 controllers
1 orange zapper
Games cart only:
Skate or Die
Tetris
Rad Racer
Major League Baseball
The Legend of Zelda (gold)
Mega Man 4
California Games
SMB/Duck Hunt
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Golden Game: 150-in-1

$30 total

He took these out of the house when I asked for games. $20 for the Dreamcast stuff, 10 for the NES stuff. Any information on the Golden Games 150-in-1 cart?

Pretty good day today.

Found some PS1 games on a table. Picked up Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action, Resident Evil: Directors cut w/RE2 demo, and Rayman 2. All in original jewel cases.(Except Rayman 2 which was in a Crash Bandicoot case.)
$1 total

Spiderman 1 & 2
$2 total

Halo 3 Poster

Spent a total of $3.10 and found some great stuff.

Snagged the following for $18

xbox360.gif
Dancemasters :hot:
xbox360.gif
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
wii.gif
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
wii.gif
Tiger Woods PGA 10
wii.gif
Zoo Hospital

The ironic thing is that all my finds this week were from an apartment sale further west than my usual range; seems like the soil has done gave out in all my local haunts.

Axis and Allies boardgame - $5
This is the revised edition; the sellers said they only played it once and if everything checks out it should easily list for $40
:hot:
Fifth Avenue Crystal 3 in 1 game set - $6
Took a gamble on this because the styrofoam looked like it had never been opened, plus I used to be into chess a few years back. Could be worth around $20-30
The Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Yeah, how often do you see this at a yard sale?) - $1

And some finds from last week for the curious:

Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario 64 - $5 for both
Asked a nice family about older games and they brought out two n64 carts, both winners.

Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3 (NES, both CIB) - $10 and a Nemesis Story
These were actually pulled from a group of seven CIBs, the seller wanted $35 and I had the additional problem of a retro gamer vulture that showed up exactly when I asked about the games. This charming individual *ahem* felt the need to be stupid, telling the seller "You know this stuff is worth more" and interfered with my initial offer of $10 for all. The lot also had a Legend of Zelda CIB which I let the third wheel have for $5 to get them the hell out of there (it's worth $20 on ebay, whoop-de-do f*ck). Most of the other CIBs were crap like a boxed Tetris and Excitebike, probably the only other noteworthy one was a Donkey Kong Junior (but no game in box).

I tell you what, if I meet this person again I hope it's over games that I desperately want, that way we can have a bid war and the lion can send the hyena packing. ;)

[quote name='Potatoeman']Ugh. I went out today at 7:30 and hit up about 12 sales until 9 or so, when my stomach started feeling so bad I had to head home. Not digestion bad... bleh, feels awful.

I saw some cool sales though: one guy had tons of box set dvds/blu rays relatively cheap, but didnt want to deal with it since he would have been hard to haggle with. Nip Tuck and Weeds season 1-5 on dvd and blue ray respectively for $45 and $40. He had a lot of board games( 20 or so ). All complete and a couple sealed, but I had never bought board games before and the $6 a piece price tag drew me away.

2 people advertised an Xbox and ps2 respectively. NO EARLY BIRDS on caps. I get there at 8:45 and the xbox is gone at the first place. The second place the woman was asking 75 for a PS2 with no cables at all. GTA and DDR with it of course. Terrible day overall. Hope you guys make out like bandits to compensate[/QUOTE]

Sealed board games can be lucrative, you just have to steer away from all the television series based clearance (24, twilight, etc.) trivia games that are hitting the thrift stores now. I don't know if you've been keeping up on my finds, but here's a few I've been successful with:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer The Game (Milton Bradley) - Sealed
Trivial Pursuit: The Lord of the Rings Movie Trilogy Collectors Edition - Sealed
Planescape Campaign Setting (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons) - Open is Fine
As you may have noticed from my pick-up, almost any core Axis and Allies set is a no brainer.
Also there's still money in Warhammer stuff, I had a Battlefleet Gothic set from ten years ago--the rulebook alone sold on Amazon for $30 and the rest of the set went fast on Craigslist for $20.

Like anything else you learn as you go along (btw, I missed out on this monopoly set today for $5; might've made $10-15 profit on that one)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJH3BC/sr=1-2/qid=1309022505

@ HYDFDEMON, I would have pounced on one of those Odd World guides lol. I'm terrible at that game.
Anyway, I haven't had any luck with video game finds the past couple weeks. Although, last week I got a sweet Casio synthesizer for $5. And this week I got a 6'6" surf board for $1. Aside from those I've been buying things that are cheap, interesting, and potentially worth more, like a Pachinko machine for $20 :) that's been fun.
Good luck everyone!

The board games were Cranium(additional 800 cards, not the main game), Risk, Yahtzee, trivia crap, and more KNOWN games that I just didnt think would resell well. I always look for older games and "rare" ones, but they're few and far between here.

[quote name='dasme313']@ HYDFDEMON, I would have pounced on one of those Odd World guides lol. I'm terrible at that game.
Anyway, I haven't had any luck with video game finds the past couple weeks. Although, last week I got a sweet Casio synthesizer for $5. And this week I got a 6'6" surf board for $1. Aside from those I've been buying things that are cheap, interesting, and potentially worth more, like a Pachinko machine for $20 :) that's been fun.
Good luck everyone![/QUOTE]

I nabbed both of them, as I had to have something to show for a 1/4 tank of gas. Only downfall to them is they are kinda bent from what looks like being shoved in a box carelessly. They also have the original price tag sticker on them, not bad for a random stop in a trashy neighborhood I guess? Might have been a better day if the weather had held off.

Well I finally got some stuff today

Backlit GBA SP $6 down from $10 Pretty beat and no charger but not bad for the price

PS One for $3 down from $5

Some other misc stuff including clothes for me

People were willing to bargain today since it was nearly raining out and everyone took my offered prices instead of saying that they would not sell for less.

I have a question, is there any easy way to charge cell phones, I have a few phones that I bought here for $1 each but its impossible to find chargers for them because each phone takes a custom charger and of course every single phone I bring home is all out of battery. Sure I can order a charger for each phone from ebay for $2-3 each but that could get expensive pretty quickly. Is there any easy and cheap way to charge all different kinds of phones, if anyone here sells phones, what do you use?

There are 3 other major characters involved.
The Lady running the sale, her Mother, and a familiar lady (that is a customer like me)

I asked about games and the lady said "I have some DS games, but I can't find them."

I start looking through stuff at the sale and I find the games. I picked them up as well as the guides and I am carrying them.

Meanwhile I see a Red Robosapien sitting on the driveway. I walk towards it and a woman steps in front of me and picks it up. I think to myself "She looks familiar..." I let it go since I was pretty happy with my DS games.

She asks the lady running the sale if she would take $2 for it. Apparently it was marked $5. The lady says It is missing the battery cover on the foot, that is why it is so cheap. She says "I guess I could go $3".

The familiar lady says. "I'm not sure I want it for $3" in a bitchy way and walks away with it in a huff.

I then turned to the lady at the sale and asked about the DS she had sitting by her chair. (This was the DSLite covered in stickers that she wanted $15 for without the charger).

As we are talking the familiar lady comes up and hands the woman $3, then walks over to me and says: "Are you going to buy those DS games or what?"

I smiled at her and said "I think I will take all of them" :cool:

She walks off in a huff again and apparently leaves the sale.

I ended up staying at the sale for a while since the lady was getting a charger to see if the DS works or not.

Meanwhile I am talking to the lady's mother who is also running the sale and she says "That one was a piece of work!" I agree and tell her that she looks familiar and I remember her because she also buys video games. At that moment I remembered where I knew her from: She is my Nemesis's wife!

(Now I know I have talked about a few people here, but this is the guy who purchased the xbox I was carrying for $10 in the past. I think he is related to the other guy that wronged me with the comic books).

As we are talking a little girl comes up and says "Look he has some DS games!" I thought to myself I better figure out what ones I want and I hastily went through them. I ended up leaving Mario Kart (no art or manual) brain age 1 and brain age 2. I offered the little girl and her Mom first dibs on the games. They were happy to get them and they ended up paying $10 for the 3 games (marked $4 each).

I then knew I could get a deal on my games and asked if she would go $13 on everything.

As I am walking away from the sale I look over and I see my Nemesis's wife standing by her SUV watching me.

Turns out she was waiting by her car to see if I left the games.

I ended up seeing her at 3 other sales. I beat her to all 3 and as I walked to my car I made sure she could see that I was carrying games and putting them in my trunk. I know- immature- but it felt good to piss her off. :D

If I remember correctly you are from Fort Wayne. If so I believe that is the Lady that made me realize that garage saling is not worth it for me. lol... Her husband and his mom, and possibly his brother hit Decatur, Fort Wayne, and afew surrounding areas each week, the mom has been know to throw games in a box and throw a $10 at the people running the sale and leave with $50-$100 worth of games. I have met alot of people that run sales 2-3 times a year that talk shit about her after she leaves.

P.S. does anyone else here ever run into the same items year after year at the same houses? There are 2 or 3 houses in town I know I can always get Zelda, mario, ect... games at. IDK is they just rebuy what the sell at the game store, or what. lol

My dad got a 3.5'x6' stainless steel food prep table with two large drawers underneath today for $25. That's over $300 worth of scrap or well over $500 for the complete table ($1500 new.)

Stuff1.JPG

PS1 games: Street Fighter Collection, Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers - $1 each
NES Zelda (gold cart, beat to hell) - $.50
PSP 1001 (no charger, battery or battery cover) + 1GB Memory stick - $5

Nice mid-range PS1 games for the collection. Puzzle Fighter manual has holes punched in it though.
The PSP is mint; plugged it in with my charger and works great It has a really old firmware (2.5) and obviously needs a battery. 1GB memory is a nice bonus.

Stuff2.JPG

:xbox: Far Cry Instincts, Full Spectrum Warrior (PH), Half-Life 2, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
:ps2: Mobile Suit Gundam Journey to Jaburo, Soulcalibur III
$5 total

More decent games. You can never own HL2 on too many formats.

Best Android Apps book - $.25
Published May 2010. Horribly outdated by now I guess.

Tin.JPG

Mario Christmas tin - FREE

This had some army men-type toys in it; I told the lady running the sale I just wanted the container and she just dumped 'em out and said "you can have it". YES! Who doesn't love classic Nintendo memorabilia at the low, low price of free? You can't quite tell from the photo but it's about 13" high and 8" diameter. It has logos for Pepsi and the Super Nintendo along the bottom. Overall condition is ok, some paint scratching and the inside is grimy, but still - awesome.

Couple more pics:
Tin1.JPG

Tin2.JPG

Closeup (scary rapeface on Yoshi...)

Obviously it's a Nintendo / Pepsi promotion item, anyone know if it's rare or anything?

At a local yard sale here's the playstation one they have for sale:
29888GE1.jpg

and the games:
138_cassettes.jpg

Here's "their" PS2:
wrt54g.jpg

and the games:
8-tracks.jpg

That plus about 6 other garage sales with no games was my experience today.

Alright, I can safely say that I have redeemed myself after today. It's about damn time I had a good outing.
unledoju.png

Ren, Charizard, Snorlax - $1 altogether
iPod Nano 4GB - $15
500GB Seagate external HDD (cords not pictured) - $15

I was amazed at how low the electronic prices were. I just had to pick up both of those. They can be my spares. :D

sdc10108h.jpg

First sale that had games and this was pretty much all they had. No cherry picking here, because they were all good'ns.

Fable: The Lost Chapters
Red Dead Revolver
The Punisher
Jade Empire: Limited Edition
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
The Sims 2
The Sims Bustin' Out
Need for Speed Underground 2
Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix
Tony Hawk's Underground
True Crime New York City

$1 each so $11 spent altogether at that sale.

sdc10110.jpg

House Season Two - $3
Jackass 1 and 2 - $1 each

I love finding cheap TV season box sets. :D

sdc10104c.jpg

Black slim PS2 was marked $20, so I offered $10 and it was happily accepted. It's a little dirty, but it's mostly just dust. Came with the two controllers pictured.

The N64 games are Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64. I got both for $1. :D

This next sale was the creme of the crop, by far. I couldn't get a good picture because my camera was being retarded, so excuse the blurryness.
sdc10127h.jpg

I found those! At a garage sale, nonetheless! This guy was pretty damn awesome. He said he had a ton of other newer games that he had already sold. He said he'd bring out a few, sell those, and then bring out more so everybody would have a chance to get some good games. His prices were also unfuckingbelievable. I got what was out there on that go round and that was it. He gave me his number and he said he'd text me the next time he was having a sale.

Star Wars Force Unleashed II: Collector's Edition (everything's there) - $10!
Super Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary - $10!
Smackdown vs Raw 2011- $5!
NBA 2K11 - $5!
Yakuza 3 - $5
Demon's Souls - $5!

At those prices, I'm more than happy to pay without haggling.

All in all, VERY good day. I have hope yet again.

Ok, I need to stop hitting up the flea/swapmeets and focus on these so called "yard/garage" sales.

Granted, I did well at the flea market today, but you guys are picking up golden items...

[quote name='Potatoeman']
Terrible day overall. Hope you guys make out like bandits to compensate[/QUOTE]

I know I have said this before, but today I hit the Jackpot! :D I am reevaluating my no Saturday saling policy. This is also the same area (the next town over) where I got my mega lot a few years ago. I may have to expand my territory.

(BTW I think saling should be a word, but would it be "saling" or "saleing"? I think you would have to drop the 'e' if it were a real word, but grammar/spelling are my weakest subjects). I need to submit it to Webster's!

[quote name='Sinnbox']If I remember correctly you are from Fort Wayne.
[/QUOTE]

Nope, I am from Northern Illinois. I do go through Fort Wayne occasionally when I travel (but I hit retail stores) It is nice to see you back. I was thinking what happened to sinnbox?

[quote name='Tsel']Alright, I can safely say that I have redeemed myself after today. It's about damn time I had a good outing.

All in all, VERY good day. I have hope yet again.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I rarely find current gen games at sales around here for less than $10-$30 each.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']

Mario Christmas tin - FREE

Obviously it's a Nintendo / Pepsi promotion item, anyone know if it's rare or anything?[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about that Pepsi/SNES promo tin, but that is a cool find!

Side note:

Had this song in my head all day, so I had to find it on youtube.

http://youtu.be/zg21Rkew874

Never saw the video before, pure cheese.

[quote name='Potatoeman']The board games were Cranium(additional 800 cards, not the main game), Risk, Yahtzee, trivia crap, and more KNOWN games that I just didnt think would resell well. I always look for older games and "rare" ones, but they're few and far between here.[/QUOTE]

There's some weird Risk variants on Amazon (like 2210 A.D. and Onyx) that might be worth checking out. Think nerd gaming and not casual gaming; also if you have a local hobby shop that sells comics and Settlers sets you might want to see what they sell for $50-60 bucks (this is your research).

Another thing is look for stuff made by Avalon Hill, hex-based war-gaming generally has a dedicated following. Take a look at this set I gave to Goodwill years ago, ugh.

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Decline-Third-Reich/dp/B0026NB5MQ

And here's another that looks somewhat familiar:

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Avalon-Hill-1776/dp/B001NCBNLO

And finally, here's a card game on my shelf that I would recommend in whatever form you find it in:

http://www.amazon.com/1305-Illuminati-Deluxe-Edition/dp/B001812IQO

[quote name='SaraAB']
I have a question, is there any easy way to charge cell phones, I have a few phones that I bought here for $1 each but its impossible to find chargers for them because each phone takes a custom charger and of course every single phone I bring home is all out of battery. Sure I can order a charger for each phone from ebay for $2-3 each but that could get expensive pretty quickly. Is there any easy and cheap way to charge all different kinds of phones, if anyone here sells phones, what do you use?[/QUOTE]

I'm actually in the same boat as you. I collect cell phones from yard sales for my high school community service project (if any of you have some to donate I'd be very appreciative! :bouncy: I sell them on Ebay and donate all proceeds to a charity but moving on...) So when I ask at sales, they willingly give them to me for free, but of course 95% don't come with chargers and I'm not going to ask obnoxiously whether they have it or not because they're already doing me the favor of donating the phones for free.

Anyway...what I've done for the few phones that I've collected is just bought the iGo charger, which you can buy replaceable tips on for all kinds of cell phones. They're initially relatively cheap -

http://cgi.ebay.com/IGO-PS00254-000...ultDomain_0&hash=item3a671c32c1#ht_500wt_1140

And then you can buy the tips for whatever cell phones you have to test for $1 to $2 online. I keep the tips that I buy because most of them work for 3-4 different phones of the same brand so I can use them later on if I pick up a similar phone. I hope this helps. The alternative is to buy used chargers on Ebay for each individual phone which isn't a much more expensive option so you may want to consider that also!

I'm glad to see someone else is yard saling for phones too though! Good luck to everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Tsel:) nice finds all around!

My stomach problem escalated and only now am I feeling better, haha. Felt like I was going to pass out all day. Glad you guys compensated for me;)

[quote name='Potatoeman']Awesome Tsel:) nice finds all around!

My stomach problem escalated and only now am I feeling better, haha. Felt like I was going to pass out all day. Glad you guys compensated for me;)[/QUOTE]

I can send you an un-working copy of Rayman 2 if it makes you feel better.:D

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']
and the games:
138_cassettes.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Aren't those the micro casette sized Transformers? Hopefully if that is what they had for sale you bought them, if they were cheap enough that is.

Friday

008.jpg

Noting the best (found last) at this sale it was a 2 car wide carport full of young men's items, not to mention 4-5 young men running the sale...I asked about games...and he brought this out with his mom...without boring you with all the details..mom and I called GS for the trade-in value ($70+$25) so I offered $110 for all you see pictured.
Runs great but a lil loud (one of our other 60s is loud also) my first reasonably priced PS3.
006-1.jpg

Guides - asked $.50, accepted $2 for all (most are rough but complete)
Rosetta (my first) asked $10 accepted $5 (older version but complete)
N64 games asked $2 each, accepted $1 for these
XBox cable, N64 memory & 2 sega games $1 (offered/accepted)
Yoga DVD $.50
Christmas CD set free
5 VHS tapes $.25 TTL (3 sealed)

Today
007.jpg

SW Bfront II asked $5 accepted $2
wii jeep (sealed) asked $5 accepted $2
GBA power adapter set (sealed) asked $2 accepted $1
Fall of Eagles BBC set $.50
VHS cleaner (new) Yoga DVD $.45
Yar game $1 (overpaid due to what she went through to find games when asked yesterday...sigh she found a filthy atari with games and wanted $100 just for the console (after researching....) games were marked $2-$30 (lol yes $30) and a filthy/yellowed SNES console complete for $75...but hey, she was really nice ...)
Lost, Coltrane CD, 2 sealed blus - $5
005.jpg

My first colored N64! at first I just noticed the games $.50 each or 3/$1 I then spotted the console...$10 for all, I didn't counter but did miss a TI 83+ ...oh well...

Out at 6:45, home at noon ... lots of driving... found a $1 fixer upper bike, a $3 perfect but dirty bike and a $25 kitchenaid mixer...hoping to sell these to cover gas for the next week or two...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donut']
005.jpg

My first colored N64! at first I just noticed the games $.50 each or 3/$1 I then spotted the console...$10 for all, I didn't counter but did miss a TI 83+ ...oh well...

Out at 6:45, home at noon ... lots of driving... found a $1 fixer upper bike, a $3 perfect but dirty bike and a $25 kitchenaid mixer...hoping to sell these to cover gas for the next week or two...[/QUOTE]

You are one lucky dude. I've been looking for a colored N64 for a while.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']

And finally, here's a card game on my shelf that I would recommend in whatever form you find it in:

http://www.amazon.com/1305-Illuminati-Deluxe-Edition/dp/B001812IQO[/QUOTE]

I actually managed to find the original "One With Everything Factory Set" of Illuminati at a thrift store for $1 a few months back. I only thought to pick it up because I play Munchkin pretty frequently and figured it wouldn't hurt to pick up a different Steve Jackson game. In the end I was way too lazy and unmotivated to learn the rules and sold the thing for close to $90.

Managed to go to about 10 yard sales this morning, no video games :cry:

Got quite a few books though, mainly Stephen King's Dark Tower Series (1,2,3). Not sure which revision they are though. Also the feeling of waking up early and enjoying more of the day is a plus, wish I would be able to get find some video games or movies though.

Oh well, until next time.

I'm going to put some pictures up tomorrow morning, my girlfriend is asleep in the room with all of my finds today.

So it rained here this morning, and I love it when it rains because everybody has a garage, but nobody wants to ever walk in the rain. I headed out at about 7:45, and at the first sale I found a decent pickup. It was an older lady who had only 3 or so tables in her garage. As soon as I walked up I saw a gameboy color zip case.
I made a bee-line to it and opened it and inside was an absolutely minty Gameboy (gray brick) with a tight battery door. There were four games with it and when I saw the 5$ price tag I didn't even look at the games and just agreed to buy it.
As I was walking about I opened it back up and inside there were Pokemon Gold and Kirby Pinball Land. This was my 2nd brick :gb: in so many weeks. Might make a super bundle with all 8 games and sell it on ebay. Not sure yet.

After that, I didn't find anything for a while. I hit a few sales, one which had a Dreamcast with 2 controllers, 1 VMU and 2 rumble packs for 10$. I think I might have made a mistake on passing, because I've never seen the rumble packs before... What do you guys think?

Finally I hit a rummage sale at a local Catholic elementary school. That's when I saw my one and only nemesis waiting for the doors to open at 9 (it was about 8:50). On the door there was a sign that said "everything you can fit into a plastic bag, 1$". I saw the VHS's and DVD's and darted over. There was a box on the ground with manuals for about 50 games like COD 4, Pirates!, and Civilization 3/4, but there were no games. So I walked around a bit more and found a shoe box. My nemesis was standing right next to the box but hadnt opened it. When I pulled the lid off I just about shit my pants.

In the box (all with complete jewel cases, inserts, manuals, no boxes):
Alice (YES!)
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Quest for Glory V
Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance
Terminus (all 3 disks minty)
Unreal Tournament 2003
Echelon
Unreal 2
Stronghold

I grabbed the shoebox and took it to the front desk and I could feel that pudgy balding bastard's eyes beating into my back as he watched 100$+ slip out of his hands. I threw the whole box into a plastic bag, handed the woman a crispy Washington and walked out the door.

This was easily my best find ever (and only post in this thread), comments are welcome :D

Went to only 2 sales today both of which were advertised. Found this at the first one for $15

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

The second sale had a snes with 6 games. The guy wanted $50 so I passed. The games were crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back