Final Fantasy 7 black label complete
Resident EVil 2 Black Label complete
Twisted Metal 2
Duke Nukem Time to Kill
MGS VG something
Max Payne 1 and 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$5 for all.

I haven't posted any finds in about 4 weeks..... not because I haven't found anything. It's because I'm lazy!

Got a late start this morning, out at about 10:30. This is from the first stop of the day. Sega Game Gear with Sonic Triple Trouble $5 and Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided for $2. I just found out that it was announced 2 days ago the servers will shut down 12/15/11. Tried getting a CIB Atari Flashback, they were asking $15 and I offered $10. They said $12.50, I then thought about my original that sits in the closet and decided to pass.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offered $1 each for DVDs, lady agreed but wanted $2 for South Park. Alien Apocalypse is sealed. Paid $8 total:

This was an advertised sale that listed NES, N64, SNES and XBOX. I got there about noon and was suprised to see the consoles still there, and after seeing the prices I realized why. $50 XBOX, $35 N64, $15 NES that didn't even have the power cord. The lady said her son was selling them and that prices were firm. I leave those behind and grab some movies which were $1 each.

Next two pics were from the same sale.
Mass Effect was $5 and the GBA games were $3 each. They had an original Xbox with no wires sitting amongst some clothes. They said to make an offer. I examined the bottom and noticed it had been taken apart, didn't even bother.

This belonged to the husband of the woman running the sale. It is 50's, 60's era. The helmet is complete with lining sleeve. Originally he wanted $25, then it was marked down to $15. I offered $10 which was accepted.

This sale was closing up and I asked how much for each and he told me $9. I told him I wasn't really interested in Annie or Rose Petal Palace, but he insisted that I take all and offered $7. I still refused and told him $5 for Trans Formers and Zaxxon. He said ok, $5 for all four. Not sure what I'm going to do with Annie or Rose Petal Palace.

Finally, I found this at my local game shop when I finished with the sales. Not a great price ($15) but it's the first time I've seen one. Kartia: The word of fate

Not exactly a good week, the games start drying up around here this time of year. I have a backlog of finds from past weeks that is certainly more interesting than what I found today. I might just report everything I can remember from past weeks on one post.

IMG_20110626_151415.jpg

[quote name='Invicta 61']I haven't posted any finds in about 4 weeks..... not because I haven't found anything. It's because I'm lazy!

Got a late start this morning, out at about 10:30. This is from the first stop of the day. Sega Game Gear with Sonic Triple Trouble $5 and Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided for $2. I just found out that it was announced 2 days ago the servers will shut down 12/15/11. Tried getting a CIB Atari Flashback, they were asking $15 and I offered $10. They said $12.50, I then thought about my original that sits in the closet and decided to pass.

Offered $1 each for DVDs, lady agreed but wanted $2 for South Park. Alien Apocalypse is sealed. Paid $8 total:

This was an advertised sale that listed NES, N64, SNES and XBOX. I got there about noon and was suprised to see the consoles still there, and after seeing the prices I realized why. $50 XBOX, $35 N64, $15 NES that didn't even have the power cord. The lady said her son was selling them and that prices were firm. I leave those behind and grab some movies which were $1 each.

Next two pics were from the same sale.
Mass Effect was $5 and the GBA games were $3 each. They had an original Xbox with no wires sitting amongst some clothes. They said to make an offer. I examined the bottom and noticed it had been taken apart, didn't even bother.

This belonged to the husband of the woman running the sale. It is 50's, 60's era. The helmet is complete with lining sleeve. Originally he wanted $25, then it was marked down to $15. I offered $10 which was accepted.

This sale was closing up and I asked how much for each and he told me $9. I told him I wasn't really interested in Annie or Rose Petal Palace, but he insisted that I take all and offered $7. I still refused and told him $5 for Trans Formers and Zaxxon. He said ok, $5 for all four. Not sure what I'm going to do with Annie or Rose Petal Palace.

Finally, I found this at my local game shop when I finished with the sales. Not a great price ($15) but it's the first time I've seen one. Kartia: The word of fate

Not exactly a good week, the games start drying up around here this time of year. I have a backlog of finds from past weeks that is certainly more interesting than what I found today. I might just report everything I can remember from past weeks on one post.[/QUOTE]

Annie is worth 35+ by itself... http://www.amazon.com/Annie-Path-Ha...MSKQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309117143&sr=8-1

Nice finds all around this week!

I went back after feeling like death itself yesterday. I found a sale or 2 worth mentioning

I love Alice and System Shock 2, and for less than 10 cents a piece? Sheesh :p

Anyway, I picked these up today. 5 bucks a piece for the games and 3 for the board game. Not sure what the board game is worth - the date is 1968 and the insides are minty as brand new, all pieces present. It looked damn cool so I grabbed it.

1001202y.jpg

I just tested the games and Mario Party 7 had circular scratches. I could only get it to start up 1 time out of 4. Any advice on getting it playable?

While im at it I may as well ask: black marker on game discs, easiest way to get it off? I know there was a talk about it before but I cant find it..

[quote name='slowdive21']

Nope, I am from Northern Illinois. I do go through Fort Wayne occasionally when I travel (but I hit retail stores) It is nice to see you back. I was thinking what happened to sinnbox?

[/QUOTE]

Between a full time job and new garage sale competition I don't get out much anymore. I have only gotten afew 360 games this year, nothing worth bragging about...

[quote name='pollmonster']Went to only 2 sales today both of which were advertised. Found this at the first one for $15

DSC01092.jpg

The second sale had a snes with 6 games. The guy wanted $50 so I passed. The games were crap.[/QUOTE]

Good find. Jackie Chan is actually a $15-20 game when the market is right.

[quote name='Potatoeman']
While im at it I may as well ask: black marker on game discs, easiest way to get it off? I know there was a talk about it before but I cant find it..[/QUOTE]

91% Isopropyl Alcohol, or Motsenbocker's Lift off #4 (Graffiti Remover) if the alcohol does not work.

91% Alcohol sold at Wal-Mart or CVS, Lift Off #4 is sold at Home Depot. Be gentle and use a little. Don't scrub too hard or you might take the disc print off.

DAyardsale002.jpg
found all at a yard sale for $6 total --> N64 (with all cords)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Dark Rift
Battle Tanx Global Assault
Rampage: World Tour
Perfect Dark
Doom 64
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Blast Corps
Jet Force Gemini
The New Tetris
Super Smash Bros (Forgot to photograph)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']
Another thing is look for stuff made by Avalon Hill, hex-based war-gaming generally has a dedicated following. Take a look at this set I gave to Goodwill years ago, ugh.

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Decline-Third-Reich/dp/B0026NB5MQ

And here's another that looks somewhat familiar:

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Avalon-Hill-1776/dp/B001NCBNLO

http://www.amazon.com/1305-Illuminati-Deluxe-Edition/dp/B001812IQO[/QUOTE]

Apparently your post had some magical power and caused several Avalon Hill games to appear at thrift stores during my travels today. I've never seen a single Avalon Hill game in the last two years (and I've been looking intently), but I found four today, 1776 being one of them. I paid $4 for each of the four I bought and they are all unpunched.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Good find. Jackie Chan is actually a $15-20 game when the market is right.[/QUOTE]

Swamp Thing is a good one too. Think it is $15-$20 on average.

91% Alcohol sold at Wal-Mart or CVS, Lift Off #4 is sold at Home Depot. Be gentle and use a little. Don't scrub too hard or you might take the disc print off.

Just an FYI, the CVS by me only carries a lower % now. I think it is 73% or something. I needed a bottle for my NES carts and noticed it was a different %.

[quote name='Doomstink']Apparently your post had some magical power and caused several Avalon Hill games to appear at thrift stores during my travels today. I've never seen a single Avalon Hill game in the last two years (and I've been looking intently), but I found four today, 1776 being one of them. I paid $4 for each of the four I bought and they are all unpunched.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they don't show up in concentration that often, but all it takes is one person to think that those old games from the 70s or 80s aren't worth dealing with. I've been there myself, but most of mine were in parts and pieces (a gift from a crazy uncle).

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Myth-Magic-Box-Set/dp/B000BZVZSK

This one I kept. ;) Oh yeah, another random item on my shelf that turns out to be rare. There's also an unrelated encyclopedia set of the same name that's difficult to find complete.

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Myth-Magic-Encyclopedia-Supernatural/dp/0839360355

[quote name='Potatoeman']
While im at it I may as well ask: black marker on game discs, easiest way to get it off? I know there was a talk about it before but I cant find it..[/QUOTE]

The way I stick with 99% of the time is the dry erase marker over a sharpie. Takes a few times and it will eventually kill the dry erase but I get the best results 99% of the time.

And my week was virtually video game free (a few related)

FF7 Brady's Guide - $1 right at 7:55
- People said the son forgot to put out his games and I should leave my email and phone for them to call. When I was there two different sets of dirty looking guys in the 50's showed up and were like do you have Nintendo? She said no sorry and they left. I'm going to assume as they both got into their plumber vans and drove off that they are some of the people who work or run some of the local reselling/junk stores. I doubt they were the people who run the collectibles, comics, and other stores in the area because they just looked really dirty.

Batman & Superman Publlic Enemies Volume 1 - 50 cents.
- Seemed like a good read and thought I should pick it up.

Tetris Board Game - 50 cents.
- Got this at yardsale to support local senior center. Had some other board games but nothing that looked really interesting and some were beat up. It looks complete from quick inspection but I will have to do a piece count later.mer

Homer Simpson key chain (new) - 50 cents.
- Also had a brand new board game called Flea Market. I never heard of the company that made it or the game itself. They wanted 2 dollars for it but I passed. I play games but usually trivial pursuit, trivia, and then stuff like Shogun, Cataan, etc. This looked pretty close to a rip off Monopoly. Didn't seem like it would be worth anything and i didn't see any for sale one eBay.

Alice In Wonderland - Definitive Annotated Edition - $1
Four Days - a book about the days following JFK's death $1
Let's Paint the 90's x2 - 50 cents
- This one had a lot of Alice in Wonderland stuff. Whole collection of LPs and other stuff - but I don't know anything about it so I just stuck with the book because it seemed like a good read. Maybe I will email them about rest of the Alice stuff if it is cool.

Shopaholics (paperback) - 50 cents
- Girlfriend wanted it.

One place had one of those 3D puzzles for $4 but it had been opened and some of the pieces moved around. I didn't want to try and figure out if it is complete of the 2000 pieces that come in it.

Another place I asked about video games and the husband pulls out a Nintendo 64 with just Mario 64 and starts to go get a Colecovision and Atari. The wife was a real piece of work and sold the 64 when I was waiting for the husband. They pull out the Coleco and Atari - both have boxes (in kind of poor shape though) and some other stuff like expansion module, game case, etc. Pretty cool stuff that I would keep for myself actually.

Wifey starts getting all harpy and the husband begins to roll his eyes. She says she wasn't planning on selling this - blah blah blah - of course it has about 2 inches on dust on it from being kept in the garage for probably at least 10 years. She just keeps saying I'm going to throw out a big number, a biiiiig number. I should've just left then but I wasted time waiting for her to finally come over and talk about it. I offered $60 for them both. She is all insulted and says she would want at least 50 for the Coleco and a few a ton more for the Atari - and not just 100 bucks for it either she lets me know. I say that's too much for me and thank anyways and turn around and walk out.

I'm starting to reconsider the yardsales a little bit now. Not many gaming finds at all since the second weekend (or any actually). Most places I get to either have already sold them much earlier or just didn't have any. I might keep up at it for a little bit just because of some of the cool stuff though.

had to help my sis move, so i was only able to stop by 3 sales.

Picked up legend of dragoon (greatest hits) disc are in bad shape, but nothing a resurface cant take care of.

Some nice finds this weekend folks.

I can't wait to get back out there next weekend. Last day in DC today . . . we've had a great time.

[quote name='Dokstarr']I'm starting to reconsider the yardsales a little bit now. Not many gaming finds at all since the second weekend (or any actually). Most places I get to either have already sold them much earlier or just didn't have any. I might keep up at it for a little bit just because of some of the cool stuff though.[/QUOTE]

Saleing for games can be pretty tough . . . most of us face a lot of competition. Most times that I ask for games I get . . . 1) sold them already, 2) keeping them for ourselves, and 3) you're the 3rd person asking about videogames.

You have the right idea at the end. Go for fun and buying cheap stuff (either to keep, flip, or give away to friends). Then the gaming finds come as a bonus.

It's the end of the month, and around here that means lots of storage auctions! I got 2 units between friday and saturday. One unit had some gaming finds: A large box with a wii, a wii fit board, 3 remotes, 2 nunchucks, and a ton of those nerf controller add ons (baseball bat, golf club etc) It had wii sports, wii fit, super mario galaxy 1, and 3 other shovel ware games. There was also a PS1, one controller and 5 disc only games...namco museum, crash, syphon filte and a couple other I forget now.
found some cool antiques in the other unit: a couple different bar sets, one that looks like a train, and one that is a pump bottle, with a built in rack that holds 6 shot glasses. some weller pottery, some milk glass pieces, and a kron tv lamp from the 60's (siamese cats with a green light bulb that makes they're eyes light up). The best stuff though was a small jewlery box with a ring that I'm not sure what the main stone is, but it looks like diamonds around it, and 2 mismatched diamond earrings, along with some other silver jewlery, and there were 2 small carved elephants that my first guess is they're ivory, but I need to take it somewhere to get that verified. ( I did the hot pin test on them, and could not push the pin in, so at least I know it's not plastic...)
I think I've found all the wow stuff, now I'm going through boxes of clothes, and kitchen stuff. zzzz. But lots of stuff that should sell well at a yard sale next weekend.

Got a PlayStation racing wheel which looks like they never used it for 5 bucks. a Sega Genesis with 1 controller 2 games a PS1 multitap and NES Zapper for $5.

I found a lot of gaming stuff this weekend actually.

SNES w/ Super Mario World $2 (The guy gave it to me for $2 because initially the game couldn't come out of the system and was completely filthy. I cleaned it up and runs like new!)

Dragon Valor and a stack full of Nintendo Powers for $5 (I came by earlier and asked the guy running the yard sale if he could hold the games for me. I came back 15 minutes later he was already selling a PS3 game to some old guy) fuck

Final Fantasy 12 Special Edition + God of War 2 for $5

4 Pokemon Strategy Guides + Mega Man Network Transmission: Red Sun $10

Nintendo 64 w/ Ocarina of Time (BOXED), Mario Kart 64 and 3 other crappy titles for $10

Sonic Adventure Battle 2, Kirby Air Ride and Resident Evil 4 for $5

Mega Man X, Turok 64, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, SNES Controller and some other crappy titles I'll probably give away for $10

I bought a couple more random things but nothing really worth mentioning. OK weekend for finding games. Last weekend was a lot better.

6-25-11 weekend finds post 1 of 3...maybe 4 ;)

Eddie Izzard VHSs and a Neil Gaiman (comic book writer) book 25 cents each.

I bought the VHS, because I thought they were a LE /Canadian version. I think one of them is worth $5 bucks or something, but nothing too special.

57550181.jpg

Another keyboard. Same model as the one I bought a couple of weeks ago, but this one had the A/C! Now I can make a complete one and dump the other one locally.

$3 They were nice people, so I didn't try to lowball them.

41d07ea6.jpg

Vintage Barbie Friend Ship (airplane playset) $2

It is pretty beat up, but it has the cart which is hard to find intact.

95d40c47.jpg
cbe4031e.jpg
cbf0735f.jpg

Wizard of OZ Trivia game $1. The tin isn't sealed, but the contents are still sealed. Should still be able to get $10-$15 for it.

32b60706.jpg

Paid $1 each for these. Battlefront 2 PS2, RENO 911 season 1, Desperate Housewives Season 4 and CHIPS season 1. I will probably keep Reno and CHIPS, but the DH one is worth some cash, so I may dump it.

106374c3.jpg

Bought the book to see if any of the tips work, the puzzle is still SEALED. 75 cents total.

The only pricing I can find for the puzzle is $30 new on ebay. It doesn't come up in amazon's catalog or google shopping. It is from 1993 "After The Mission" by Gil Cohen UPC 099252901579

9de97d3c.jpg

FFXII guide (just in case I need it), Return to Zork Dos game SEALED, and Disney Stamps Puzzle SEALED.

Paid 50 cents each for these.

Cheapest Disney one on Amazon is $25+

fe13ad77.jpg

As always more to come and they get better (at least in my mind) :)

[quote name='Dokstarr']
Another place I asked about video games and the husband pulls out a Nintendo 64 with just Mario 64 and starts to go get a Colecovision and Atari. The wife was a real piece of work and sold the 64 when I was waiting for the husband. They pull out the Coleco and Atari - both have boxes (in kind of poor shape though) and some other stuff like expansion module, game case, etc. Pretty cool stuff that I would keep for myself actually.

Wifey starts getting all harpy and the husband begins to roll his eyes. She says she wasn't planning on selling this - blah blah blah - of course it has about 2 inches on dust on it from being kept in the garage for probably at least 10 years. She just keeps saying I'm going to throw out a big number, a biiiiig number. I should've just left then but I wasted time waiting for her to finally come over and talk about it. I offered $60 for them both. She is all insulted and says she would want at least 50 for the Coleco and a few a ton more for the Atari - and not just 100 bucks for it either she lets me know. I say that's too much for me and thank anyways and turn around and walk out.[/QUOTE]

Blame collector's guides and tv for this crap, I saw a book in the public library that valued atari consoles at $150 (lol, yeah right). I got a big number lady myself on a gamecube with two games last week, when they ask me to offer first I'm like "Uhhhh, ten bucks?" or $1 apiece on bulk games. No sense in offering a "big number" because the greedy type will then think they can haggle for more. The best thing to do is say "I dunno" (claiming non-knowledge of value) and casual disinterest until the seller comes up with how much they think it's worth.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Hey Jedi have you ever found really weird stuff inside those things? Or dangerous stuff?[/QUOTE]

Weirdest Find: A man's foot. Ok, it was a prosthetic, but still creepy opening a box and seeing a rather realistic foot staring back at you. It had a metal rod, and a cupped area that attached to what was left of his leg.

Dangerous: not so much...One that I cleaned out had an unknown white powder all over the floor. You have to leave the units 'broom clean' and sweeping it made a cloud of dust that I was wary of. Then the usual knives, bullets, gun powder (haven't found an actual gun yet) sort of 'dangerous in the wrong hands' stuff.

[quote name='JediKiller24']It's the end of the month, and around here that means lots of storage auctions! I got 2 units between friday and saturday. One unit had some gaming finds: A large box with a wii, a wii fit board, 3 remotes, 2 nunchucks, and a ton of those nerf controller add ons (baseball bat, golf club etc) It had wii sports, wii fit, super mario galaxy 1, and 3 other shovel ware games. There was also a PS1, one controller and 5 disc only games...namco museum, crash, syphon filte and a couple other I forget now.
found some cool antiques in the other unit: a couple different bar sets, one that looks like a train, and one that is a pump bottle, with a built in rack that holds 6 shot glasses. some weller pottery, some milk glass pieces, and a kron tv lamp from the 60's (siamese cats with a green light bulb that makes they're eyes light up). The best stuff though was a small jewlery box with a ring that I'm not sure what the main stone is, but it looks like diamonds around it, and 2 mismatched diamond earrings, along with some other silver jewlery, and there were 2 small carved elephants that my first guess is they're ivory, but I need to take it somewhere to get that verified. ( I did the hot pin test on them, and could not push the pin in, so at least I know it's not plastic...)
I think I've found all the wow stuff, now I'm going through boxes of clothes, and kitchen stuff. zzzz. But lots of stuff that should sell well at a yard sale next weekend.[/QUOTE]

Hey Jedi - how much did you end up paying for each unit, if you don't mind my asking?

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']Hey Jedi - how much did you end up paying for each unit, if you don't mind my asking?[/QUOTE]
The larger room (10x15) with the Wii and othe video game stuff (and furniture etc) I paid $210 for. The smaller room (10x5) with the antiques, and jewlery I paid $100 for. Then there's sales tax (7%) on top of that. (I don't have a tax id # which would get me out of paying sales tax up front, but I would then have to collect it from the people I sell the items to)

Thanks for the insight. Another quick question for you action figure aficionados. I did end up getting those three sealed Wheeled Warriors, but they are a bit beat up and I picked up a near mint Legions of Power toy made by Tonka, but this weekend I just found a vehicle from The Infaceables called the Horrible Hammer. It is still in box, but obviously resealed. Anyone know of a site or book to get rough values for these things.

[quote name='JediKiller24']Weirdest Find: A man's foot. Ok, it was a prosthetic, but still creepy opening a box and seeing a rather realistic foot staring back at you. It had a metal rod, and a cupped area that attached to what was left of his leg.

Dangerous: not so much...One that I cleaned out had an unknown white powder all over the floor. You have to leave the units 'broom clean' and sweeping it made a cloud of dust that I was wary of. Then the usual knives, bullets, gun powder (haven't found an actual gun yet) sort of 'dangerous in the wrong hands' stuff.[/QUOTE]

White powder may have been drywall dust, we just had some renovating done and I had to clean up lots of that stuff, its very fine white powder. I can see why that would cause alarm though.

Also for clothes don't pass up plus sized womens clothes, they sell really good on ebay but you have to make sure you describe every flaw or hope they are in perfect condition in order to please the buyers.

In case you missed my last post

Here are some more of my weekend finds now with 75% more video games!

HBO promo Lunar Lander Robotix Model SEALED $1

Can't find a value for this one. May be one of the few still sealed. ;) I wish I would have gotten to the sale a few minutes earlier. I would have had a copy of this but she gave it to her neighbor. #-o

bf29d9aa.jpg

Marx Vintage Train Set $2

9f378b5b.jpg

Metroid Prime GC and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Criterion collection (SEALED) $2 each.

ea7f76ba.jpg

I asked about games and the kid came out with this. Wanted $20 offered $15, settled on $18. The SP is in nice shape, so it is going in my permanent collection.

2nd pic for a better view of the games
5dce8f18.jpg
a318438d.jpg

LEGO Star Wars guys
These were at a sale where I bought Pikmin (GC) for a buck 2-3 years ago. These were marked $1 each or $35 for all. I ended up paying $14 and he threw in the Hoth set and the spaceship.

3d622edd.jpg
9f1dfdc6.jpg
37a6ca55.jpg
ea3a896e.jpg

Command and Conquer Best Buy exclusive soundtrack $1.

I got lucky. This is the sale where I bought the Evangelion CDs a week or two ago. I left this one and looked it up when I got home when I also looked up the Evangelion CDs. I was at another sale and I happended to see the garage open. Sure enough this was still on the rack and I offered $1 for it. :D

fef4b761.jpg

Oh I got this thrown in with the train set. SEALED (beach ball? probably a BB promo)

e23edba1.jpg

Stay Classy CAG. More to come! :bouncy:

Nice finds slowdive. So I get home and have a little chat with my mailman (I rely on him to take packages and he's a cool guy). First thing he says is . . . "man you missed a lot of rummage sales." Then I take a drive to pick up my dog (from a caretaker) and I see tons of leftover signs from this last weekend . . . DOH!

Gaming finds for the day:

oB2zml.jpg

Xbox 360 w/ controllers and hookups and the following games:
MX vs. ATV Untamed
Juiced 2: Import Nights
Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc

mL8Eil.jpg

Nintendo 64. Looks like the owner decided to part with if after a seagull took a huge dump all over it. It has the expansion pak and looks to be functional when I get it cleaned up.

Paid absolutely nothing :bouncy:

Is the console broken or banned or did you buy a bunch of other stuff from the sale?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the idea of people at yard sales giving away stuff that isn't absolute shit that they should be paying me to take away.

[quote name='schultzed']The lack of details makes me think you got a "five-finger discount."[/QUOTE]

With that amount of stuff I think it would have to be a "two arm discount" or maybe a "radio flyer discount"

;)

I helped the owner out for a couple of hours and the 360 was my "pay" :) The N64 was salvaged from a local scrapyard. And yes, they both play well, and the 360 isn't banned or anything.

I guess it pays off being a nice guy. This isn't the first time I've gotten great stuff for nothing by just being polite.

In case you missed my last two posts

Here are some more of my weekend finds all video games!

Story:
I asked about video games and they lady said her son is sleeping and he was going to sell some systems. He ended up walking out the front door while we were talking. He then went inside and grabbed a PS1 with junk games and a Dreamcast with junk games. They wanted $20 per box (system,games,etc). I asked if there were any other systems or games they wanted to sell and the kid said "I have another system, but it is old." I said "Bring it out!" and he brought out the Saturn and the games. They said I could get the Saturn lot for $10 since it is older and I offered $25 for the Dreamcast lot, Saturn lot and the two Ps1 games.

I paid $25 total for everything in the pics:

b2e3ed8b.jpg

bb2f8567.jpg

bf1dfdf3.jpg

My First Sega Saturn! Plus Die Hard Arcade!

e0f9b7e8.jpg

b0d44f62.jpg

The only disappointing thing is it all smells like cats. :puke:

I have washed with soapy water and with alcohol. Any other suggestions? I am going to dump most of the Dreamcast lot anyway, so I am more concerned about the Saturn console. (I know I can take the controllers apart).

1 more MEGA post to come. I haven't finished my pics yet. :bouncy:

[quote name='slowdive21']In case you missed my last two posts

Story:
I asked about video games and they lady said her son is sleeping and he was going to sell some systems. He ended up walking out the front door while we were talking. He then went inside and grabbed a PS1 with junk games and a Dreamcast with junk games. They wanted $20 per box (system,games,etc). I asked if there were any other systems or games they wanted to sell and the kid said "I have another system, but it is old." I said "Bring it out!" and he brought out the Saturn and the games. They said I could get the Saturn lot for $10 since it is older and I offered $25 for the Dreamcast lot, Saturn lot and the two Ps1 games.

b2e3ed8b.jpg

bb2f8567.jpg

bf1dfdf3.jpg

e0f9b7e8.jpg

b0d44f62.jpg

I have washed with soapy water and with alcohol. Any other suggestions? I am going to dump most of the Dreamcast lot anyway, so I am more concerned about the Saturn console. (I know I can take the controllers apart).

1 more MEGA post to come. I haven't finished my pics yet. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Use febreeze on it lightly if its really bad, otherwise just put it out on the porch or in the garage depending on your living situation and it should be aired out in a couple days. You could do that after wiping everything down with febreeze too and it should be spiffy in a couple days, but you will have to use windex again to get the sticky febreeze off it.

This is what I've done before and it worked:

Find a place where you can set something for a few days where it wont be disturbed or knocked over by kids or an animal. Take a large garbage bag and place the console in it. Then take a bowl and put cheap ground coffee in it. Set the bowl inside the bag on the floor and tie the bag off so it's air tight. Let it sit for a few days like that. The smell will be gone for good.

[quote name='bunnybum']I helped the owner out for a couple of hours . . .[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good deal but not exactly free . . . so, you got paid something like $50/hour. Pretty cool.

[quote name='blindinglights']This is what I've done before and it worked:

Find a place where you can set something for a few days where it wont be disturbed or knocked over by kids or an animal. Take a large garbage bag and place the console in it. Then take a bowl and put cheap ground coffee in it. Set the bowl inside the bag on the floor and tie the bag off so it's air tight. Let it sit for a few days like that. The smell will be gone for good.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, never heard of using coffee before.

For musty smelling books, you're supposed to get a large rubbermaid (or equivalent, like 2' by 3', the kind you store clothing in), cover much of the bottom with baking soda, elevate the middle with a book or anything really, and put the books on the elevated part. Close the lid and store under your bed (just out of the way) for like a month or a year. Books are porous, so it probably doesn't take as long for a console.

Basically, same concept, but using baking soda.

Edit: I apparently remembered wrong. You only need an airtight container a couple inches larger than the console. You also need to elevate out on something like a cooling rack, so the bottom is exposed to air. And you leave it for a few days.

[quote name='slowdive21']In case you missed my last two posts

Story:

b2e3ed8b.jpg

bb2f8567.jpg

bf1dfdf3.jpg

e0f9b7e8.jpg

b0d44f62.jpg

1 more MEGA post to come. I haven't finished my pics yet. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Would you like to trade that Seaman to me:D

Thanks for the tips everyone! I heard basically the same thing as Elessar, but with Vanilla. I cleaned it Saturday and it has been sitting in the garage, but it still smells...Time to bust out the rubbermaid!

Here is the final post. Everything was found on Saturday (a day I usually do not sale) and from the next town over (where I occasionally go for sales).

I made a wrong turn and ended up at this sale.

I asked about video games and the lady said her son said she could sell his original Nintendo. She comes out with this:

be6dc5de.jpg

I noticed Fire and Ice and some other games I thought might be uncommons. I also noticed the adapter on the front. She said "Wait there is more" and brought this out as well. I figured she was going to hand me the satellite, but she had this official Nintendo wood/plastic storage container.

6b4d9fc5.jpg

Top Drawer

89bf995d.jpg

Bottom Drawer

61339bf1.jpg

I saw the Maniac Mansion, Bubble Bobble, and what I hoped were uncommon / rare games. I knew then I was going to buy the system.

I asked how much and she said how about $30, I countered with $25 and it was accepted.

I stayed and chatted with her for a while and tried to help her out pricing some of her toys she had for sale.

I was pretty happy with my 38-40 game purchase and I headed toward the sale I was originally looking for.

-----------------------------------

I was at this sale a day or two before (where my Nemesis bought the $5 Xbox -post 1). One of the ladies running the sale told me she had other older gaming stuff as well as a X-box and that she would hold them for me.

Of course when I get there there is another gamer (probably a CAG) who is holding a couple of boxed N64 games. One was a Rampage game, but I couldn't see the other one. As I am walking up the lady says "Hey it's the X-box guy!" The other gamer said "You have an x-box for sale?" and the lady responded, "Yes but we were holding it for him."

As I was walking towards the garage I noticed they put out some more stuff on their tables. I quickly grabbed these 2 games, but there were no other games left.

11e8dc76.jpg

As I am checking out the Xbox the other gamer says "You have a N64 too? That Mario Game is worth money, but I already have it". At this point I was tempted to inform him, that all the n64 games were supposed to be held for me, but I didn't want to cause a scene (plus the lady was not there, only her games were present). I was a little irritated he said that especially since I hadn't discussed price with the seller.

The other gamer buys his gaming stuff and I overheard them tell him the n64 games were $1 each. He then looks over at the Mario game in my stack and I smile :D (especially since it was marked $20. I didn't plan to pay much for it, maybe $5-$7).

I ended up looking at the Xbox, but there was no A/V cable. We powered it on and it was flashing green then orange with a game in the system. Neither one of us knew if that meant it was working, so I left it.

--------------------------

I was still a little salty about missing out on the other N64 games (mainly because I was helping the old lady and because the others forgot to hold the all the games for me) and I followed a sign to a house that was setting up for a sale. I said "Hello" and noticed this on a table right when I walked up the driveway.

2413c385.jpg

I casually asked "How much are you asking for your Nintendo?" The husband said "$20". The wife responded "It is not just the system there are games in those rubbermaids."

She proceeded to show me some of the games which are nice and clean and out of habit I asked "Would you take $15?" She said "I don't think that will be a problem" and asked her husband. He said "$15 is fine!"

I asked if he had any of the instructions for the games. He said "I don't have the instructions, but I have the box for it...Do you want it? I know where it is." I said "That would be great!" and he came out with this.
8ddfc5f1.jpg

It has the original Styrofoam and bags.

These are the contents of the rubbermaids. 56 games :D

8a3d5b75.jpg

Next two pics are for better detail.
3ea28cac.jpg

ddc8cfa0.jpg

A pleasant surprise.
7e1f6614.jpg

:bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.