Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

actually most people here ARE stupid enough to pay ebay prices and higher. Theres been a million times that I've been at a sale, found older games, and as soon as I say "no thanks" because of the retarded price, some frat guy douche or a wigger will run up and say "omg daaayum I remember this shit, like, all super mario brothers and shit! ah man this shit is OLD SCHOOL! awww shit dawg, I used to have one of these!" and then they pay $100 for an NES with mario/duck hunt

Saw a sale advertised with old video games and its on my way to work so I figured i would stop by. Its starts at 7am I got here at 6:15am.....there was already one guy sitting on the sidewalk waiting and two others waiting in their cars....its still pitch black outside. Goddamn I hate this place

I woke up this morning at 5:30 and decided it would be a good day to go since I was already awake. Took a shower got dressed and I just looked out and forgot it is still dark. I guess I will be putting it off until the sun comes up so I can see the posters on the poles.

F yard sales. Get up at 645 and go to one down the street at 7 advertising videogames. They have 2! overpriced 360 games, and a bunch of legos all put together. So I ask how much on the AT TE walker and the mid20s mouthbreather son says twofifty, so I whip out three bucks and he says two HUNDRED and fifty. So I laugh and say you know this is a garage sale? Guy gets pissed, grumbling about limited edition collectors set and complaining to his MOM.

So I look it up and it is 280 new on amazon. 150 used. Seriously sell the shite on ebay not your yard sale if you really want to sell it.

Was planning on hittin some sales today, check the papers website... nothing, check my local B/S/T page, one advertised.

What the hell! last month when it was still 90f at 6am there were 6+ sales a day. It cools off, nothing. Damn desert rats >_

It was no go. A guy got there before I did and cherry picked most of the titles. Later found out the Seller was a seller and knew his games, lol. Just didn't feel up to getting the rest. I'm just glad the guy buying the games was a collector and not a reseller.

The Transformers they advertised weren't the ones I liked.

Went to another Garage Sale and the Old Guy literally had three Xboxs he tried selling me. Lol. He had 2 nintendos plus wires and controllers for 25 but I didn't really want.

There were barely any advertised sales around here so I slept in. My dad when to a couple by his house a few miles away. He found a green N64 w/games and a Gamecube w/games for $5 each. While he was trying to call me and ask me if I wanted them, someone grabbed 'em up and bought 'em. Looks like I have some competition in the area in the gaming market. :(

Edit: Guess I need to teach him better. I figured he would know by now, although last weekend he thought he did good buying Madden 06 for PS2 for .50 cents. My dad and I try to look out for things that the other likes/collects, it's still a work in progress.

I went out today and had some good and bad. Lot of places mentioned they had NES, N64, PS2, Gameboy, etc. but were sold. Saw a Wii for 80 and crappy games for 5 bucks each and a regular gameboy for 40 with some crappy games.

Got one of those Norway troll statues for 50 cents for my sister.

One sale there was an old man who bought up some good PS2 games right in front of me (including Mega Man X collection). He bought everything good and left behind the crap. Next sale I went to the same old man pulled out about 80 kids DVDs (TMNT, Disney, 80's cartoons like He-man). Refused to pay more than 45 for it guy said he wouldn't do it for less than 50. Guy started to do that I'm gonna walk away thing so I offered the guy the 50 bucks for it. Included Beauty and the Beast, Winnie the Pooh and a bunch of others so I can definitely make my money back just selling like 10 to 15 of them.

At that same sale I poked around and the guy had a lot of awesome comic books, memorabilia and stuff like that. Ended up buying Sonic & Knuckles, Kings Quest VI, a giant GameStop pokemon standee (like 5 - 6 ft tall), a few posters, and a Dark Knight Returns unused stand up advertisement for another 25 bucks.
He had some real good comic book taste - Irredeemable, Ed Brubaker stuff, Luna Brothers, etc., but everything he had I've already read and I would only buy like hardcover collections at this point.

The Dark Knight countertop standee is this thing
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1985-miller-batman-dark-knight-1980s-127576935
It is unused and unassembled. I wonder how much this is worth? I don't plan on selling it, just curious.

Another place had comic books 4 for a $1. I saw in the picture on craigslist the Dark Pheonix saga in the box but when I got there they were gone. I did pick it Dark Knight Strikes Back, some Moon Night pb, an X-factor pb, and issue 1 of Married w/ Children (couldn't find a 4th book).

Picked up a sealed little kids Truck (like Fisher Price I think with a DVD too) and a sealed Hot Wheels toy. Not to flip or anything, but to give to my friend's 14 month year old.

Another place I picked up Risk: LotR Trilogy Edition. New but unsealed for 4 bucks.

All in all my best day of the year even with missing out of Mega Man X collection for a buck and all the other misses I heard about.

The sale i talked about earlier with the people waiting almost an hour early turned out to be a total waste. One obese man in his 60s immediately grabbed all the NES games, but I saw what was there and it was all crappy sports games with badly faded labels. Now I feel almost embarrased for even going but I feel even more embarrassed for the idiot who waited an hour just to get that crap. Normally I travel about an hour away to another city for yard sales because there is zero competition there, I will find huge lots at 3pm even some times. The town I live in though is like a damn feeding frenzy anytime someone has games

Today wasn't exactly a homerun, but I did okay. There were a bunch of ads in my area, so I started out with two sizeable flea markets (both tapped out, and one "false info" lady who had been saying for two weeks that her husband has games :bomb: ) However I did find these to appease the anime god...

Ghost in the Shell SE
Cowboy Bebop the Movie
Escaflowne the Movie
Dead or Alive 3 xbox
Twilight Princess Wii guide

All for $5. They were asking 3 for $5 on the DVDs, so I basically got them to throw in the other two items for free.

Next up was one of these hole-in-the-wall townhome community sales; it wasn't much unless you count the table with vintage 1979 Playboys...however I talked to a neighbor who had various systems such as Game Gear, a PS2 slim (both above my comfort range, he wouldn't take my pitch of $10 + $20 = $30 for the systems). I was fortunate to peel off a

Gameboy Pocket & Link's Awakening cart

for $10. He also tossed in some free PS2 sports titles which luckily had a ps1 disc mixed in, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. :D

Anyhow, the best part is on the way home...there's a sale on a hill and my eagle eyes spot an NES frontloader sticking out of a shoebox. I'm jogging back from a sidestreet, thinking wtf this might be hiding in plain view--of course when I get there it's just a system and one game. :drool: It's one of these AWOL yardsales with no one around either, so I head around back and start talking to this old-timer who's an okay sort. Now I usually dislike naked systems, especially ones that aren't...the cleanest in the world. But then again he's only asking twenty, which prompts me to conduct a wild maneuver of pulling all the small bills out of my wallet and cash-in-facing him for $9.

Went to a number of yard sales today today and not much went right. I got up at 7am (earlier than usual) and was told I had just missed video games everywhere I went. At 1030am I went to this advertised video game sale. The house had a yard that was overgrown and there was nothing out front. The guy told me to come inside and the house was empty. I was led to a back room and got this for $10

Super Nintendo with wires and 8 cart only games
TMNT IV
Top Gear
Donkey Kong Country
Battletoads / Double Dragon
Street Fighter 2 turbo
Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat
Spider Man / X Men

I saw a few strategy guides that he gave me for free (Pokemon Yellow, Street Fighter EX + Alpha, Pokemon Stadium)

We walked out to leave and he told me theyll have more later. I spotted a gameboy carrier as I was leaving and he sold me it for $5. It included

Game Boy Color
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Blue
Tetris Blast
Zelda DX
Kirby 2
T2
Tony Hawk
Robocop
Super Advantage Controller

He said he had an N64 with games somewhere but couldnt find it.

I was thrilled with the deal and about to leave when m girlfriend was negotaiting for a stereo system. I looked through the garage and -!!!!- I found a Super Nintendo PAL!!!! (I thought it was a Super Famicom which I already have)

He ended up giving us the Super Nintendo PAL with Syndicate PAL and Game Boy PAL with the stereo that my girlfriend but for $20 (very expensive MP3 / CD stereo.

I then went to a few more yard sales and got 20 PS1 / PS2 games for $2 and a complete Parappa the Rapper for $2.

We later went back to the same sell and the guy had found and sold the N64. My girlfriend bought a car charger and twin bed sheets for $7 and I was allowed take some Pokemon cards, PS1 Namco Museum Vol. 1, and a Sqauresoft demo Vol 1 in sleeve (sells for $20).

The PAL Nes was freaking awsome. I wouldve paid a lot more for it alone.

Gamelan guides were lower print runs but if its the only one on sale they may just be trying to fish for a high price.

Got 34 official xbox magazine "xbox game disc's +
carrying case +
artwork/manual for 4 games (midnight club 3 DUB ed, Dead to Rights/Otogi/True Crime streets of LA)
for 1 dollar at yard sale.

Discs 1-44, missing discs 1-3,11,19,25,29,41-43.

I don't even have an xbox.

Any of these worth anything?

[quote name='nixmahn']Got 34 official xbox magazine "xbox game disc's +
carrying case +
artwork/manual for 4 games (midnight club 3 DUB ed, Dead to Rights/Otogi/True Crime streets of LA)
for 1 dollar at yard sale.

Discs 1-44, missing discs 1-3,11,19,25,29,41-43.

I don't even have an xbox.

Any of these worth anything?[/QUOTE]

Video games magazines are never worth anything. Not even Nintendo powers are worth anything.

Dscn7871.jpg

Random stuff;

$3 each for :ps2: TimeSplitters, Silent Hill 2 (GH), Silent Hill 3, Fatal Frame and PS1 Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories
$.50 each for :pc: Counter-Strike (CD key should work on Steam) and Dark Seed
$1 for the Mario coin bank. I think it's an older one from the '90s based on the paint job.

Already had TimeSplitters and SH2, but these are in better shape at least. I'll definitely be playing the SH games considering how awful the HD collection supposedly turned out.

Dscn7872.jpg

$10 for this Genesis lot; none of the boxed games have manuals. Some good games though! Also included a model 2 Genesis without cables or controllers, which is annoying because I have at least 4-5 of them now and probably only enough cables for 2.

Dscn7873.jpg

$10 for this Atari Flashback 3; the box is a little worn but the contents are all brand new. I remember reading quite recently that these are selling for a decent amount so I picked it up.

[quote name='needler420']Video games magazines are never worth anything. Not even Nintendo powers are worth anything.[/QUOTE]

NO, not magazines. The demo games discs that came with them, they worth anything?

I have 34 of them, 1-44 - missing the above mentioned earlier

edit:(missing discs 1-3,11,19,25,29,41-43)

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nixmahn']NO, not magazines. The demo games discs that came with them, they worth anything?

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

They are worth as much as OPM demo discs. Nothing. Maybe each have a few key demos that collectors want but overall they aren't worth anything. Its nice to own a bunch in good condition though. I have many but I always treated my demos like crap so they are all messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Nintendo power magazines definitely have some value if you can get some Nes/snes/64 era ones. The first issue is selling ridiculously high too lately, as high as $80 on ebay.

I went to a town wide sale today in a place I never go to, and it was mostly a bust. Missed on a 64, xbox games, etc. Picked up Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy for $4. I've been having better luck at the pawns lately.

Today's gaming buys
2llzg95.jpg

Pokemon Gold, Red, Pinball, Legend of The River King, ROcket Power Gettin Air, Perfect Dark, Madden 95, and the Special Edition guide for Pokemon Red, Yellow, and Blue. Total- $15. Everything saves.

Resident Evil 2/3 complete, Dino Crysis complete, FFVII- $5

3 gamecube games- $5

4 Wiimotes( Nintendo brand ) and a wireless numchuck- $5

N64 with smash bros and NBA Jam 2000- $2.25

PS3 controller Dualshock 3- $5

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Today's gaming buys

Pokemon Gold, Red, Pinball, Legend of The River King, ROcket Power Gettin Air, Perfect Dark, Madden 95, and the Special Edition guide for Pokemon Red, Yellow, and Blue. Total- $15. Everything saves.

Resident Evil 2/3 complete, Dino Crysis complete, FFVII- $5

3 gamecube games- $5

4 Wiimotes( Nintendo brand ) and a wireless numchuck- $5

N64 with smash bros and NBA Jam 2000- $2.25

PS3 controller Dualshock 3- $5[/QUOTE]

Damn, now that's some impressive negotiating!

[quote name='leecy']Old Nintendo power magazines definitely have some value if you can get some Nes/snes/64 era ones. The first issue is selling ridiculously high too lately, as high as $80 on ebay.

I went to a town wide sale today in a place I never go to, and it was mostly a bust. Missed on a 64, xbox games, etc. Picked up Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy for $4. I've been having better luck at the pawns lately.[/QUOTE]

I have a ton of Nintendo Power (mostly NES and SNES I think) I had to throw out many issues of Gamecube and beyond because they were simply taking up space that I do not have and they were becoming a pain to haul around since magazines are so heavy.They are selling good because the magazine is ending publication in december, perhaps I need to get around to selling my collection.

I've been buying up mags because I think they are going to become more popular. I actually got a couple of lots at sales last month that I (obviously) haven't posted yet.

Had some luck today with just a few sales happening...

005_zpsb5db619c.jpg

first find, asked $5 accepted $3 (lol thought ps2 game might be rare)

009_zpsbdee61b7.jpg

unadvertised sale - asked $10 accepted $5 includes about 10 more games in the case, love the screen (speakers are impressive) and finally keeping this one...

007_zpsb955b7bf.jpg

unadvertised sale asked $30, accepted $25 (DS touch screen not functioning, but plays gba games)

011_zpsfcf35561.jpg

don't usually buy pc games but took a chance as the whole lot with wii/ps3/ps2 games - $15

fave find has to be the psone with lcd... dirty covered with stickers, cleaned up great and seems to work great....

Bad day for yard sales. First yard sale that I went to advertised snes games. When I got there he had snes games, nes games, and some sega games. He had a crap load of nes and n64 systems. I asked if he could bring out the sega cd, he said only if the sale goes well:roll:. The games he had were mainly crappy titles and he was asking $5 for them. Then I went to a neighborhood yard sale and none of the sales had any games so it was a waste of time to get up early today.

Finally found some stuff older stuff at a yard sale, not much but something

SNES controller $5 (really needed one as I only had some cheap knock off, can really tell the difference)
Yoshi's Cookie (NES) + Paperboy 2 and NHL 96 (SNES) for $5

[quote name='nixmahn']NO, not magazines. The demo games discs that came with them, they worth anything?

picture.php
[/QUOTE]
They're not worthless, but they're hard to sell. Maybe hang on to them for a while. I've seen some PS2 demos go for quite a bit of money, I imagine the same might eventually happen for Xbox.

Eh been too lazy to get a picture up, but Ill share the find.
Picked up all for $35

X360 Games:
Red dead redemption
Dragon Age origins
Call of Duty Black Ops (Keeping this one.. is it just me or is it 10x better than MW3?)

DVDs:
Lost Season 2, 3, 4
Heroes Season 1, 2
Planet Earth
Pan's Labyrinth (Loved this movie.. thought it might of been worth something since I don't think many people were expecting it to be so good, Ill be glad to keep it)

The guy had probably 200+ dvd's. I don't know why I didn't spend more time looking through them. I passed over Criminal Minds season, some simpsons seasons, and lots and lots of movies.. Still kicking myself for not buying a lot more of these. Heres the kicker, all movies were $0.50 each. I even think I was first to look through them all. Ugh!

I would have tried to buy them all. Like, if he gave you a good deal you could probably have gotten a pretty good flip on those.

I think you should've spent some time looking through them dvds. :lol: I myself would've probably jumped on the movies I liked and any possible Disney titles they had. Especially Horror and Sci-fi for me. Especially since they .50 each. Can't go wrong on that. xD

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Ignore needler420 as he's making a blanket statement with no research - there IS an Xbox Magazine demo disc that can sometimes sell for $20+. You've got it - disc 39. It's got the demo for Metal Wolf Chaos - an awesome game that never came to the US. It's about the President piloting a giant mech.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Wolf_Chaos

[quote name='Doomstink']Ignore needler420 as he's making a blanket statement with no research - there IS an Xbox Magazine demo disc that can sometimes sell for $20+. You've got it - disc 39. It's got the demo for Metal Wolf Chaos - an awesome game that never came to the US. It's about the President piloting a giant mech.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Wolf_Chaos[/QUOTE]

You miss read a big part of my post. The part that said most expect a key few ones.

And even though I knew there were some around that price you just basically proved me right. He's got one disc worth $20 which won't be easy to get and the other 30 or so are worthless.

The big binder they came in was a better score then demo discs.

[quote name='Doomstink']Ignore needler420 as he's making a blanket statement with no research - there IS an Xbox Magazine demo disc that can sometimes sell for $20+. You've got it - disc 39. It's got the demo for Metal Wolf Chaos - an awesome game that never came to the US. It's about the President piloting a giant mech.

Thanks, makes me feel alot better about spending that one dollar. Plus I've been comparing with this list

http://www.oxmonline.com/oxm-demo-disc-archive

and it seems I have 2 disc with Panzer Dragon Orta and some other notable games (even only if they are only demos)

Any other titles people suggest I should look for?

[quote name='needler420']You miss read a big part of my post. The part that said most expect a key few ones.

And even though I knew there were some around that price you just basically proved me right. He's got one disc worth $20 which won't be easy to get and the other 30 or so are worthless.

The big binder they came in was a better score then demo discs.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I figured I broke even with the binder, lol.

Damn you for mentioning that game. It now has to go on my list of ridiculous novelty games that I can't afford.

Not much today at the yard sales. Some guy keeps buyin all the good stuff before I get to them lol.
I got the following for $2:
NES games:
Paperboy
Lemmings
Town & Country Surf Designs: Wood and Water Rage
RC Pro-Am

DVDS:
Nightmare Before Christmas
Santa Paws
Lion King

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Not much today at the yard sales. Some guy keeps buyin all the good stuff before I get to them lol.
[/QUOTE]

I hear you and especially with the small number of sales going on. One sale (Thurs morning) I bought a good LOTR computer game and a Lego Star Wars set . . . and I just start chatting and found out that they had sold a ton of gaming stuff (sale was advertised but didn't mention games) while I was on the other end of town at 10 neighborhood sales (which turned up no games). On Friday, a sale (an hour in) had a little gaming stuff . . . so I asked if they had more . . . but they had sold the better stuff earlier.

There is a lot of competition here.

[quote name='NiiNJA']$2
Super Smash Bros Melee GC
Super Mario Sunshine GC

Both complete and unfortunately have sun damage on the front covers.[/QUOTE]

Nice, those are trading into amazon for $60 right bow at the time of this post.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Not much today at the yard sales. Some guy keeps buyin all the good stuff before I get to them lol. [/QUOTE]

There is a lot of competition here too. I'm in a fairly rural area but there's still a ton of people after video games. I was at a sale advertising games ten minutes before opening Saturday, and was told someone was there while it was still dark out and bought a N64 with games. It sucks getting beat but if you go out early and often you will find stuff. I'm just not going to approach someone at 5:30-6 in the morning at a 7 am sale to hound them for games.

[quote name='vantheman']Nice, those are trading into amazon for $60 right bow at the time of this post.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the heads up; I had already locked in SSB at 30 last night but Sunshine was only at like 8 bucks. Just locked it in at 30 now though. :)

[quote name='NiiNJA']Thanks for the heads up; I had already locked in SSB at 30 last night but Sunshine was only at like 8 bucks. Just locked it in at 30 now though. :)[/QUOTE]
Back to $8 :cry:

yup i ditched my luigi's mansion they must be hoping values will jump when the 3ds game releases.

here are my finds

went with my cousin this time

R2D2 Voice-Controlled Interactive Droid - $25 same as one in amazon link ( my cousins find)

HS94254lg.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Interactive-Astromech-Droid-Robot/dp/B001E95SQ2
120 gb xbox 360 hd- $5, i was able to pen up the hard drive and use it on the 4gb 36 slim (my find)
littgle big planet - $2.50 (my find)
Star Trek: Legacy (Xbox 360) $2.50 (my find)
Tv stand glass & chrome - $12 kinda looks like this (cousins find) he's just moved to apartment and as been looking for funiture
2818922246_bd9281279d_t.jpg

super mario all stars - 50 cents, lady wanted $1 but i talked her down to 50 cents (my find)

Not sure if I should keep Skyrim or sell it. Wondering if there will be updated versions of the game released, a la GOTY or Anniversary.

I haven't played any Elder Scrolls games yet... hmm...

[quote name='Olengie']I'm pretty sure there will be a GOTY Edition after they release all dem DLCs.[/QUOTE]

probaby will be maybe more than a year down the line. since as of right now, there's only one DLC expansion out. so if you're interested in playing skyrim, i would say keep it for now. the value should hold for a while. i played skyrim and loved it. if you're into that type of game.

bread's done
Back