Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='TheHelix']3 sales today, 2 had games, walked out with nothing.

First sale: No games.

Second sale had 2 PS1s and an :xbox:. Passed on the PS1s. Asked for :xbox: pricing, got quoted at $40, mom comes out and wants $50. No thanks. Look around some more and find a Yellow GBC with Kirby Mass Attack, an N64 controller, and 2 NES controllers. I get a quote on that, mom wants $30. I countered at $5 and $10 but she wouldn't budge. Walked away.

Sale 3 had a modded :xbox: and a lot of games and some DDR pads. I see KOTOR 2 in the pile and find out the Xbox is modded, but the lady says I have to buy everything. So I was like ok how much, she said $30 at first but then her bf comes by to correct the pricing, ends up asking for $130...hahaha no. BTW, the KOTOR 2 disc was missing.

WHY DO THESE TEARS COME AT NIGHT[/QUOTE]

For that lot, That boyfriend was an idiot and maybe drunk.

This weekend there was an annual festival at a nearby town, always plenty of yard sales on the highway into town and in the surrounding communities. I had Friday off so I was actually able to go before the weekend.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The CDs were $1 each and the DVDs were $2 each. The Movie replaces my worn out copy I got at a pawn shop. Didn't get to buy it new before it went OOP and this one is near mint. Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Various soundtracks $2 each. Lady would not budge on price, but I was interested because some soundtracks are no longer in print. These, apparently, are all duds. Oh well, another excuse to upgrade to a smart phone.

After hitting roughly 20 sales and actually making it into town, the weather started making a turn for the worse. The civil defense alarm had gone off once already and after a few sprinkles and a few booms of thunder, everyone went back to saleing. Then I found these:

I was expecting to pay at least $5 each for the Star Wars soundtracks, and I would have paid it. I ask how much for them and the copy of Final Doom and the lady running the sale says "I dunno, $5 for everything?". I had the money in her hand before she had a chance to change her mind. Risk was an additional $2 for a grand total of $7 for everything pictured. As I was handing the money over the civil defense alarm goes off again, this time they meant business. The tent holding the sale started bucking from the wind and rain started pouring down immediatley. Ran to the truck and headed for home. This was probably one of the strongest storms we had all year. Needless to say my Friday sales were done.

Saturday morning let me hit newer sales in the same area and allowed me to skip the stuff I had already seen.

These items are from various sales. The single DVDs were $1 each, 3rd Rock from the Sun S2 was $3, Dark Sector and Need for Speed Undercover (not pictured, nephew snagged it) were $5 each. The CDs were $.50 each! Unfortunatly someone else just beat me to them, grabbing most of the prime stuff. The reason I just missed out on the better CDs was because I was haggling with some lady on this next find:

NES with games, controllers and zapper for $10. This was roughly noon in an area set up for vendors with plenty of people walking around so I was very supprised that this was still there, especially at that price! Yet I hadn't really haggled with anyone so far that day, so for some reason I felt this was the one to do it on. It was tagged at $10 and I offered $7, she looks at me and says "I'll take ten". At that point I felt embarrassed that I had even tried to haggle, especially in offering only $3 less than asking price. It didn't include a power supply but I had found one at GW a day before for $2.

Not a bad weekend.

Found some goodies today:

Sega Dreamcast in box (box is pretty beat up) with 2 controllers - $5
Dreamcast games $0.50 each:
Project Justice (disc only)
NBA 2k1 (disc only)
NFL 2k2 (CIB)
NBA showtime NBA on NBC (CIB)
Resident Evil CODE: Veronica (CIB)
Spider-man (missing manual)

N64 with cords - $5

Bag of shitty DS/GBA games - $4 (trading the DS games to best buy/gamestop)

20r3bqq.jpg

Bought all of this for a ****ing dollar LMAO. It seems to be working fine. Talk about retro! It's a Macintosh IIsi computer.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']
20r3bqq.jpg

Bought all of this for a ****ing dollar LMAO. It seems to be working fine. Talk about retro! It's a Macintosh IIsi computer.[/QUOTE]

Lmao. Nice find, man.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']
20r3bqq.jpg

Bought all of this for a ****ing dollar LMAO. It seems to be working fine. Talk about retro! It's a Macintosh IIsi computer.[/QUOTE]

I think we used those in jr high.

Nice finds invicta!! That storm was crazy here too.

6-30-12 finds (nope, not a typo) :lol:

.25 cents for the SNES game and Strider 2 case only was FREE. I wish it had the game in it!

25cents.jpg

Bought this stuff from an old guy who used it primarily in his RV on long trips. I paid $5 for the game gear lot and $1 for the record.

th_Record2.jpg

th_Record3.jpg

GameGear5.jpg

GameGear54.jpg

GameGear56.jpg

Find of the week: 50 cents. Factory Sealed. I had a feeling it was good (I still don't have a smart phone or tablet or anything to check)

50cents.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/When-Things-H...93&sr=8-2&keywords=bad+things+good+people+vhs

:bouncy:

My father wanted to buy the Vizio All in one at Compusa this morning so I went ahead of him as there was an advertised yard sale down the street. The yard sale stunk (it was a thrift store) but I did find a few others. I noticed a crate of games and a SNES. The price was $40 and the lady would not budge. Upon further inspection I saw Super Mario RPG and Secret of Mana. I was Sold at that point.

Also included were 2 copies of Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle, 2 copies of Mortal Kombat 1, Mega Man X, Super Street Fighter 2, Super Smash TV, a few sports games, and others.

The Mario RPG sticker has wear and may sell it along with a copy of DKC and MK to come out on top on the lot.

Nice day for me. Here are my hauls.

PSP (1001) w/ 5 (junky) games
PS3 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
PS3 - Bourne Conspiracy
All for $10

SNES w/ 4 controllers and around 15 games. Only games worth mentioning are Zelda: LttP, Star Fox, Stunt Racer FX and a Capcom Mickey game. Rest are sports/junky titles.
All for $4

Will put up pictures later.

[quote name='Obiwan456']So, I just picked up a turbo grafx 16 for $3. Are these worth much?[/QUOTE]

Damn, you beat me when I bought it for $5.

Lmao. I just had my first awesome pickup of the year
(kind of. Was actually bought in 2012).

My younger brother picked up a a broken DS light a while back to repair and flip, decided it wasn't going to be profitable enough so he traded it to me.
I Just got the parts in from DX, and went to look at the DS. Well last month I bought a small DS soft case for it at a yard sale for $0.25.

I noticed there was a cloth flap on the case I didn't see before. I open it up and there's 3 Pokemon ranger games in it xD

So I got 3 Pokemon ranger games and a DS case for $0.25

2013-01-05_22-43-47_189_zps281e3600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I slept in until 10 and had to be at work by 11, but there was a flea market at the church across from my job and I was a few minutes early to work anyway so...

Ti-83 Graphing Calculator (x2)
DS Lite Onyx

Originally the graphing calculators were marked $5 each and the DS Lite was marked $15, but I was able to get the bundle for $15 total after showing her none of it turned on so I didn't know if it worked. As soon as I got home I changed the batteries in the graphing calcs and charged the DS, and voila! It all works! I think I'll wait until late summer to sell the calcs to get the most profit, but will probably go ahead and flip the DS now.

bread's done
Back