Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='slowdive21']Only hit a couple of sales this weekend.

A lady advertised Old nintendo w/games and super nintendo with games. She lived pretty far form me, so I emailed her and asked how much for all of it.

She wanted $170 for the 2 consoles and 33 games. I didn't even bother driving out.[/QUOTE]

You should email her back now that the sale is over and ask if she still has it. I doubt she sold it for that price and now she might take a reasonable offer. Another trick that usually works for me is when I get crazy prices like that in an email prior to a sale, I will reply with "oh nevermind then, I am not interested in paying ebay prices, sorry". A lot of the time they will reply with "oh I dont know what these are worth, what will you give me?" because they honestly dont know and for some reason they think 100s of dollars is acceptable for a yard sale, if you explain what the actual value is sometimes they will go way down on price. Or it could be they are just insane, or a failed flea market/ebay reseller trying to get run a flea market under the guise of a yard sale, in which case you can just troll them for some lulz!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']If you check back, ask about manuals or strategy guides. Even after trading in their games, some people still have these hanging around.[/QUOTE]

Good suggestion . . . I didn't even think about it at the time . . . DOH!

Crows in Black is also making some good points. When I see overpriced videogame stuff at a sale I don't immediately give up. A few weeks ago I spotted a PSP with games . . . but it was marked $50 or $60. It was Saturday at about 11 am. So, I softened her up by buying 2 sealed board games but getting her to go 50% on them. I walked them over to my car and came back and started haggling on it (I pointed out that most of the discs were movies, etc.) . . . the result? I got the PSP for something like $20.

Next year, I'm going to make up some cards that have my cell and email on them. I think it might be worthwhile to tell someone who is overpriced now that you might buy what is left after the sale.

[quote name='schultzed']
Next year, I'm going to make up some cards that have my cell and email on them. I think it might be worthwhile to tell someone who is overpriced now that you might buy what is left after the sale.[/QUOTE]

I made cards last year when staples has 100 free business cards in store. They come in handy once in a while.

Oh I just remembered I found a dead 360 console a couple weeks ago for $15. It looked like a launch/1st gen model because it didn't have an HDMI port in the back. Is it worth it just for parts? I didn't haggle because it was at a fundraiser sale so I just passed on it.

[quote name='TheHelix']Oh I just remembered I found a dead 360 console a couple weeks ago for $15. It looked like a launch/1st gen model because it didn't have an HDMI port in the back. Is it worth it just for parts? I didn't haggle because it was at a fundraiser sale so I just passed on it.[/QUOTE]

Depends, probably not worth a whole lot in general, but since GS is running that extra 100% on trade ins, if you have the wires/controller for it, you can still get like 100 bucks for it even with a refurb fee I think. Might be worth a try.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Depends, probably not worth a whole lot in general, but since GS is running that extra 100% on trade ins, if you have the wires/controller for it, you can still get like 100 bucks for it even with a refurb fee I think. Might be worth a try.[/QUOTE]

Refurb consoles don't get bonuses, and I think GS stopped taking broken 360s.

[quote name='elessar123']Refurb consoles don't get bonuses, and I think GS stopped taking broken 360s.[/QUOTE]

They don't? Weird, I thought they were. Then disregard my advice haha.

This was on 9/26 (Friday). I walked up the driveway and there was nothing of interest at this Grandma and Grandpa sale. I did see a little shelf with some videotapes in the garage and almost missed a little stack marked "DVDs .50 each."
0928gcgames.jpg

I immediately thought "cool, Mario Kart" . . . and for half a second "but what is LOZ?"
0928gcgames2.jpg

The Mario Kart has the very, very disappointing bonus disc:
0928gcgames3.jpg

I remember when the bonus disc was announced thinking that it would be so cool to have a Mario Kart collection. They could have the SNES and N64 games on it. But alas its just a stupid demo disc.

[quote name='TheHelix']Oh I just remembered I found a dead 360 console a couple weeks ago for $15. It looked like a launch/1st gen model because it didn't have an HDMI port in the back. Is it worth it just for parts? I didn't haggle because it was at a fundraiser sale so I just passed on it.[/QUOTE]
Not trying to be a downer, but:
I got no clue what it's worth for trade at Gamestop, but at my local pawn shop they're selling for like $80...not sure what hard drive, if any, or whatever else you get, but I know that is with a controller and hookups.

Still though, $15 is a good price that you can flip it for at least what you paid for it.

i remembered my own unit of this, i've put it on the box for xmas present to the orphanage as an order of my mother.

Quick question: does anyone have a reliable website/source for old computer game pricing? I might be picking up two boxes of old computer games, but I am not sure it's worth my time. From what I saw, it was mostly role playing and strategy games from the late floppy disc/early cd era, so I thought there might be some value there.

[quote name='ChuckT']Quick question: does anyone have a reliable website/source for old computer game pricing? I might be picking up two boxes of old computer games, but I am not sure it's worth my time. From what I saw, it was mostly role playing and strategy games from the late floppy disc/early cd era, so I thought there might be some value there.[/QUOTE]
ebay?
If the games are complete in box and it's cheap enough, it's worth it regardless. RPG and Strategy are probably the two best genres in terms of value in old PC games.
make sure you post what you get.

[quote name='ChuckT']Quick question: does anyone have a reliable website/source for old computer game pricing? I might be picking up two boxes of old computer games, but I am not sure it's worth my time. From what I saw, it was mostly role playing and strategy games from the late floppy disc/early cd era, so I thought there might be some value there.[/QUOTE]

The market is pretty tough on old pc stuff unless it's sealed or you have some very specific nostalgia-inducing titles (early sierra, a bundle of ultimas, etc). Another difficulty I've found in reselling these is not being able to test them or track down a parts list to determine whether they're complete (I re-donated my uncommon Escape From Hell for this reason, even though the box art was cool it may have been missing floppies and there was no way I could guarantee it as working).

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']The market is pretty tough on old pc stuff unless it's sealed or you have some very specific nostalgia-inducing titles (early sierra, a bundle of ultimas, etc). Another difficulty I've found in reselling these is not being able to test them or track down a parts list to determine whether they're complete (I re-donated my uncommon Escape From Hell for this reason, even though the box art was cool it may have been missing floppies and there was no way I could guarantee it as working).[/QUOTE]

This is what I figured - I'm going to look through and hopefully cherry pick. Everything was boxed, but I am not sure if they were complete, and I didn't have time to shuffle through them. They're put aside for me, though, so I am going to take some time and dig through them tomorrow.

If they are cheap enough, I'd buy a whole lot of old PC games. There are often some surprises in value. Just recently I saw an article about Cliff Bleszinski and his first game (Jazz Jackrabbit) is worth some money but I wouldn't have known it a week ago.

I'd play it as a cherry pick and once a price was arranged . . . I'd lowball for the rest.

Of course, this depends on the quality of the games . . . there are obvious duds.

[quote name='schultzed']This was on 9/26 (Friday). I walked up the driveway and there was nothing of interest at this Grandma and Grandpa sale. I did see a little shelf with some videotapes in the garage and almost missed a little stack marked "DVDs .50 each."

I immediately thought "cool, Mario Kart" . . . and for half a second "but what is LOZ?"

The Mario Kart has the very, very disappointing bonus disc:
0928gcgames3.jpg

I remember when the bonus disc was announced thinking that it would be so cool to have a Mario Kart collection. They could have the SNES and N64 games on it. But alas its just a stupid demo disc.[/QUOTE]

Nice score on the Double Dash 2-disc set!

[quote name='schultzed']If they are cheap enough, I'd buy a whole lot of old PC games. There are often some surprises in value. Just recently I saw an article about Cliff Bleszinski and his first game (Jazz Jackrabbit) is worth some money but I wouldn't have known it a week ago.

I'd play it as a cherry pick and once a price was arranged . . . I'd lowball for the rest.

Of course, this depends on the quality of the games . . . there are obvious duds.[/QUOTE]

Little known secret - you can still order all of Epic's old PC games from http://epicclassics.com/

All I found today was a copy of Metroid Prime for GC with the MP2:Echos demo disc $3. Not a great deal but it's in better shape than mine, has the demo disc, and has a manual so it was worth it.

Went to the largest yard sale I have ever seen today. There was probably over a 100 big containers/boxes/ of just everything/anything. I spent about an hour digging through everything and came out with these :cool:

96ydg4.jpg

No cords/cables for N64 or the Genesis

And about 50 ps1 games, none had manuals/cases :cry:, came in a CD binder. These are some of them:
5d721c.jpg

The best ones are: Mega Man Legends 2 :D, castlevania symphony of the night, legend of legaia, the contra adventure, twisted metal 3&4.
Paid $40 for everything

Anyone know how to remove these damn blockbuster stickers?

[quote name='evuong']
Anyone know how to remove these damn blockbuster stickers?[/QUOTE]

If you take those off, they can fuck up the front of the disc. I used to have a copy of Armored Core 2 that had it done. It kinda pulls the front label off the disc, so you can see the blue or silver or whatever underneath it.

It was one of those things so you wouldn't want to steal their games or something, you don't see them too much anymore though.

Not hitting a lot of great sales these days (this weekend will likely be the last for yard sales in my area), but managed to snag a few items from one place. They didn't have anything on display when I arrived, but hauled out a box and a duffle bag when I inquired. This is what I landed:

Random Lot by ChuckT2012, on Flickr

Random Lot Part Two by ChuckT2012, on Flickr

$30 for everything - all the games work fine, have yet to test the systems. If the systems/accessories don't work, no issues - they were all given to me after I purchased the games.

P.S. I decided to take a pass on the computer games. Only three caught my eye, but I don't really see a market for it in my area and am not interested in getting into shipping if I can avoid it. That being said, if anyone is interested, I can snap a few photos of the two boxes.

Nice find Chuck. Still waiting for a haul like that. I tend to get beat to every single sale no matter what time I get up.

Absolute WORST garage sale day in a very long time.

Woke up at 7 to hit an 8:00 sale that advertised "genesis, gameboy, xbox" and when I got there at 7:50 (10 minutes is still early so I like to make my apologies for getting there before they start) they told me they opened at 8:30 (ad said 8..) and wouldnt let me see anything even though I knew what I was looking for. I was kinda pissed after this and ended up sitting in a parking lot for 40 minutes for their sale to actually open. When I came back it was "boxed PS2 system $50" "xbox with games!! (sports..) $30" and a genesis with some shitty titles for $25.

I snagged Bonkers for the genesis and Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure for $1 each, and a Korn CD for $1

Other than a $1 Alice in Chains CD later on, that would be all I got for the day. I must have stood outside peoples houses waiting for them to come back because they said "OH I HAVE GAMES" at least 4 times, and only once did someone actually have something. It was an older guy with an Atari with maybe 15 games and a few controllers. He said it was taped up in a box in his garage for about 15 years. I lowballed him with a $10 offer expecting maybe a $20 rebuttal, only to be matched with "no less than $30, these things were expensive". The games were mostly shitty math games, torn labels, with some strange goo on them. I hope he has fun playing with his Atari

2012-10-13_09-46-06_714_zps9bd4a90b.jpg

NES model 2 with all cords and dog bone controller.
$20 for everything. Same sale my brother got an original xbox and over 20 games CIB for $10. (also, randomly a PS1 game shark) Best day in MOOONTHS

Lol I didn't bring cash with me, thinking id just get a few dvds like most days. trying to talk my brother into giving me a price break on the $20 loan because I found the xbox. he will probably make a clean $60 on it. last xbox we sold on facebook went for $40 no games.
bundle halo with the xbox, sell the rest for $1 each.

obviously the Nintendo goes to my private collection :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eagle3ye']Absolute WORST garage sale day in a very long time.

[/QUOTE]

Bullshit buddy could not have been worse than my day. Another 4 hours and ABSOLUTELY nothing. All I sall gaming wise today was a crappy common MLB NES game drenched in water. At least you scored some things.

Got a Skylander's starter pack today for $5. Came with the 3 figures, the portal and game all in the box.

Anything I need to know about this thing before I list it? Any issues with used figures or anything? I'm clueless when it comes to this.

rainy/cold...

$1 - 360 Kinectanimals/ GC RTS

passed on an everpriced PS2 lot, sad as I wanted it to trade in the console at GS for $40...

Question - drawing a blank, what DS games use the R button?
Trying to test a DSI and cannot locate my Metroid Prime Pinball...
Thanks!

Never mind, centipede ... and did the "blow" method... lol worked! all buttons back to fine!

I hit the Gamecube motherload today lol. The system and controller, OOT Master Quest, Zelda collection (it has 4 games on it), Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Soul Calibur 2, Rouge Squadron, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Rayman 3 and Luigi's Mansion...

All for 25 bucks! Some of the cases are a little beat up, but whatever, the discs look perfect. If this is the last yard sale I get to for the year, I'm still a happy CAG.

[quote name='SnesGuy']
2012-10-13_09-46-06_714_zps9bd4a90b.jpg

NES model 2 with all cords and dog bone controller.
$20 for everything. Same sale my brother got an original xbox and over 20 games CIB for $10. (also, randomly a PS1 game shark) Best day in MOOONTHS

Lol I didn't bring cash with me, thinking id just get a few dvds like most days. trying to talk my brother into giving me a price break on the $20 loan because I found the xbox. he will probably make a clean $60 on it. last xbox we sold on facebook went for $40 no games.
bundle halo with the xbox, sell the rest for $1 each.

obviously the Nintendo goes to my private collection :D[/QUOTE]

That appears to be a Color Dreams game up on the top right, but I can't tell what it is. What is it? Nice find on the top loader, BTW. I can't even find one that is overpriced around here.

[quote name='schultzed']If they are cheap enough, I'd buy a whole lot of old PC games. There are often some surprises in value. Just recently I saw an article about Cliff Bleszinski and his first game (Jazz Jackrabbit) is worth some money but I wouldn't have known it a week ago.

Of course, this depends on the quality of the games . . . there are obvious duds.[/QUOTE]

Wow, who knew, wish I kept my copy of Jazz Jackrabbit from back in the day. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to PC game pricing

[quote name='Invicta 61']That appears to be a Color Dreams game up on the top right, but I can't tell what it is. What is it? Nice find on the top loader, BTW. I can't even find one that is overpriced around here.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I never expected to find one around here. I've only ever found one super Nintendo. One of my best finds of the year.

The game is Galactic Crusader by bunch games? only non licensed NES game I've come across as well (of almost 100 NES carts)

edit - wow. Just priced the game. worth $20 -$30 avg, and the cheapest one on ebay is $40 at the moment.

Went to a community event that had yard sales first sale went for books, all romance >.> had some ps2 game all madden, racing or gta

2nd stop with games was a reseller >.>

3rd just set out a ps1

grabbed a console hookups memory card, 3 controllers 12 games [$20] and Kid Icarus (game boy) [$5]

among the ps1 games are silent hill, and spyro year of the dragon

Ahhh.... Bunch Games was part of Color Dreams. That is one of five different titles developed under Bunch Games. I love finding the unlicenced games, they're not much fun though.

Yesterday was my final day of the year. Just too few sales at this point. If a sale looks interesting I might hit it but I won't go out and spend my whole morning doing it again. Too few sales. I put together a route this week but the sales were too far apart...

I did get:

Fester's Quest (NES) CIB: $2.00 (marked 3.00, offered 1.00, agreed on 2.00)

Nectaris: Military Madness (PS1): $1.00 (marked $2.00, offered $1.00, accepted)

Skate 3 (360): $3.00 (not marked, asked and they said $3.00. Didn't bargain from that as it was a fair price and I was down to just a $20.00. Felt tacky to try and get them down to $2.00 and then ask them to break a $20.00. When they said $3.00 I said I'll do that if you can break a $20.00 and they said not a problem. They had a TON of change, that's how you prepare for a garage sale)

Game Boy Lot:
I got two GBA SPs (no cords, both a tad bit rough but solid shape. The L button on one only works if you press it a few times, everything else works great though on both, and I just sold one in much worse shape for $35.00 shipped), as well as a Game Boy Color (yellow, GREAT shape) and 21 games (all for GBA), as well as 2 Gameboy Color carrying cases for $20.00. They asked what I would pay (only the cases were out, they brought the rest out when I asked) and I offered $10.00. They countered with $20.00, I tried to get them to $15.00 but they wouldn't budge, said they thought it would sell at that price. I agreed finally.

The games were pretty awful. I remember:

Super Mario Advance (the best game easily)
Lego Star Wars
Lego Star Wars 2
Star Wars: Flight of the Falcon
Backyard Football
Backyard Baseball
Backyard Hockey
The Incredible Hulk
Spider-Man 3
Superman Returns
Some Hot Wheels game
Some Micro Machines game
Drake and Josh
Phil of the Future
Nicktoons Unite
Two Spongebob games

A few others, this is just off the top of my head. The only one I'm planning to keep is Mario Advance. The rest will go in an eBay lot I can hopefully get $40.00 or $50.00 for.

fuck GARAGE SALES! I'm done for the year :wall: :bomb: (maybe.....I might need to redeem myself next week)

Drove up to this sale and a somewhat older gentleman was running it, maybe early 60s. I walked up and saw some stuff and got very excited. Only problem was....the prices

Today I passed up on an N64 system with
Ocarina of Time
Mario 64
Star Wars (I didnt really want the system, just mario and zelda because I don't have them, but he said he wouldnt split it up)

$80...I told him I'd buy one online for that price and he said online they sell for about $125. Was he looking at a gold plated N64? Because I dont think anyone would pay $125 for an N64 and 3 games

aaaaaannnd the shit stain on the underpants that was my day

A fuckING VECTREX!!!!!!

I saw this thing and started shaking. I know they're worth some cash, but I didn't want to sell it. I wanted to make this the centerpiece of my collection, my prized piece after 5 years of game hunting. My reward after the countless "I just sold all my games to that woman". Lets take a look at the price tag...... $80.....

What. the. fuck.... I asked him how firm he was, and he said make me an offer. I said anything I asked would probably be offensive, only to be matched with "well 30 would be offensive, 70 we'll talk". I told him that I really wanted to take this thing home and play and that I wouldnt resell it or anything, and I offered him a low $20 (all I actually had on me) "NO" obviously..then countered with 40 and said I'd have to go home to get cash "NO".

I'm so sick of people going on the damn internet, looking at a current auction with some guy thinking his games are worth millions, and then "cutting me a deal" by offering a low $80. This is a GARAGE SALE. If you want eBay prices, YOU fuckING SELL ON EBAY. Do the work, list the items, pay the fees, pack that shit up, deal with the auctions, drive to the post office, and enjoy your money because you will have earned it. Don't just tease people with ridiculous price tags and have your shit sit out there all day. I realize the vectrex wasnt that far off, $70 bucks if I wasnt hard up for cash and I knew it worked, I would have bought it, but the N64? thats just fucked up.

The guy could have made a young mans day and had $60 in his hands (I'd have given him 40 for the vectrex and 20 for the 64) but instead those wonderful machines are going to sit in his house till the day he dies and "Nancy's Estate Sales" comes along to throw them on the internet. The guy acted like kind of a dick in the end too so I told him to have fun playing his games afterwards

I apologize for the length of this post and for the fact that most of it probably doesn't make sense XD This just got me pretty pissed and was an unfortunate end to the season for me :/ I'm sure many of you will criticize me for not grabbing the vectrex for 70 but I just really cant afford it right now (im in college so I can barely afford gas). I did get some Power Rangers trading cards from another sale though :lol:

Also, I realize it's his right to ask whatever he wants for them. I know I wasn't entitled to these things and that he didn't have to sell them to me. It's just strange how some people would rather eat their items then sell them for less than what their worth. We had a garage sale a few years ago, and hell no I didnt put any games out, but the board games toys and other shit I had, I was practically giving away at the end of the day.

hey man I feel your pain! You pretty much said exactly what I've said on here several times about a-holes expecting ebay prices. Although $80 is a great price for a Vectrex, I probably would have taken it, I definitely would have taken it for $70....but yeah you are correct that this is a garage sale and realistically it should have been like $5 or something. You are probably the only person around there even interested in it or that knows what it is and now it will rot in this guys garage till the end of time because he will never go through to trouble of selling it on ebay because its obvious he's a lazy shit-head. But for all the stupid sales like that one, or the one near me where a guy wanted $50 one week for an intellivision, then upped it to $100 the next month when no one bought it because "i looked on ebay", or the one my mom went to where they had a atari 7800 for $150, there are still several sales where people don't look on ebay and just want to get rid of stuff. You just have to ignore the ebay idiots and be happy knowing they will NEVER sell any of that stuff

Anyway today I checked out some sale I saw on the way to the grocery, they had tons of Wii and DS games for way too much money, then just as I'm about to leave I see a freakin' CD-i on sitting in the yard! I asked how much and surprisingly she says "5 dollars.....uh, actually you can have it for 3". She thought it was a VCR lol (and hell no I didn't tell her what it really was). Yeah I know its a piece of crap system with zero decent games but its still a rare find. I still can't believe I found a 3DO and and CD-i within 3 months of each other at yard sales! Especially considering that they are almost no sales anymore now since its getting colder out.

I run into the ebay sellers and I ignore them. Theres a few people here who have yard sales every week and advertise amazing games and then want a lot for them. I once told a guy at the end of the day who wanted $50 for a NES to get a real job after I overheard him insult people who asked for a deal.

I think everyone is entitled to keep or sell their property what they want to get for it. I do question the wisdom of asking for an expensive amount considering that rarely do people bring a large amount of money to a yard sale.

People need to sell on Ebay if that's how much they're looking to get for something. They're trying to avoid the hassle and still get that much, not going to happen.

[quote name='Percy Harvin']Man, you guys expect handouts. It's kind of sad.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt EXPECTING anything. I expected the guy to consider my offer at least. It's his stuff and he can do whatever he wants with it. The guy acted like kind of an ass and the situation cheesed me off just because I knew it was going back in a box at the end of the day. I said if I had the cash I'd have done 70 which is a pretty good deal. The vectrex was just unfortunate because I really wanted that and would have taken good care of it. But come on the 64 was kinda crazy, I dont think anyone at a garage sale would pay 80 for it. I dont want to make it sound like I'm some privileged A-hole who expects everything to be dirt cheap, I just like it when people consider offers or respectfully decline them (dont laugh in my face and tell me I must be broke when I try and haggle a little, I mean I didnt offer 5 bucks, 40s at least a decent chunk of cash to spend at a garage sale. I've told plenty of people that what they have is worth the price their asking, I just cant afford it right now.
I'll probably start saving up for a vectrex now that I've got it on my mind

[quote name='Percy Harvin']Man, you guys expect handouts. It's kind of sad.[/QUOTE]

I think you're missing the point of a yard sale.

I'm not gonna drive around to random sales looking to pay internet/retail prices for shit. I'm having a yard sale next month and I'll be pricing shit to move.

I think maybe you guys went to Percy's yardsale and upset him LOL

[quote name='Eagle3ye']I wasnt EXPECTING anything. I expected the guy to consider my offer at least. It's his stuff and he can do whatever he wants with it. The guy acted like kind of an ass and the situation cheesed me off just because I knew it was going back in a box at the end of the day. I said if I had the cash I'd have done 70 which is a pretty good deal. The vectrex was just unfortunate because I really wanted that and would have taken good care of it. But come on the 64 was kinda crazy, I dont think anyone at a garage sale would pay 80 for it. I dont want to make it sound like I'm some privileged A-hole who expects everything to be dirt cheap, I just like it when people consider offers or respectfully decline them (dont laugh in my face and tell me I must be broke when I try and haggle a little, I mean I didnt offer 5 bucks, 40s at least a decent chunk of cash to spend at a garage sale. I've told plenty of people that what they have is worth the price their asking, I just cant afford it right now.
I'll probably start saving up for a vectrex now that I've got it on my mind[/QUOTE]

I feel ya, but just try to think about this guy... maybe to him you're a young "whipper snapper" and he's on guard before you say a word...
(too bad your mom didn't tag along that day... j/k...)
... ya gotta take a few minutes to warm him up to ya... older folks tend to appreciate that...

Kinda onry but consider this -
on the '64 perhaps you could say something like... "really?" I just passed on a $25 one with a bunch of games ...
then look around and try to buy something cheap without haggling... then on the Vectrex offer what you will (in your case, IF he already stated $30 was offensive.... and $40 would be a great deal... just offer $35 to $40 tops... he then wins a little by accepting $40....)
in the big picture, you WILL eventually find a '64 cheap but may not see another vectrex....

and you could always leave your name/number IF he would accept $40 after the sale ends ...

.... and on expensive systems at these sales... (over $10 for old gen)...
I never forget to ask to see them work for that much... but I would take a chance at xx$$ .... that seems to work about 75% of the time ....

Some people are just clueless about their prices; I've seen n64 systems for around $20 locally and $35 would probably be the tops I would ask with 5-7 cheapo games thrown into the mix. Ocarina and Mario 64 might net you $30 from online sales on a good day...so $65 would be a fair price to any seller who isn't full of crap. :cool:

Hahah, on the subject of a seller not breaking anything up; I saw a Baldur's Gate 1 for pc this weekend with just discs and map, and they refused my offer of a quarter for the map because it was a "set." Not even a counter offer of 50 cents, and I was like "How is it a set? You don't even have the manual!"

I got laughed at this weekend for offering 20.00 on a 25.00 Slim PS2 system.

Seriously.

But I did get one of my best finds of the entire season, I'll post pics soon.

[quote name='Percy Harvin']The whining is so sad. It's almost as bad as flippers when you guys expect to be catered to.[/QUOTE]
Just leave the thread then noob. Whinery has been going on in the yard sale thread for years............years.

I think this percy kid is just pissed at the deals you guys find. Envious...

Can anyone tell me if there's anything I should know about my Skylander's starter pack? I got one used at a garage sale and to my knowledge, it has everything in it. The figures, portal and game are all there. I have like absolutely no clue about this game, is there anything I should know about it before selling it? Any issues with selling used figures?

bread's done
Back