Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

Finally got lucky at a yard sale this weekend, the lady was selling her husbands games. They were $1 each but I only had 7 ones and she was fine with $7. They are all in excellent condition and all have the receipt from the mid to late 90's from Electronic Boutique
1e2b83c0.jpg
[/IMG]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The battery life is short on a single charge, the PS button needs to be 'broke in' before it'll work on the first or second press and the L2/R2 triggers have weaker springs than the Dual Shock 3's.

But those three issues aside it's a great controller, especially if you plan on playing a game where you may be button mashing a bunch.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sounds good enough for $5 for me especially considering how little current gen stuff you see at yardsales, or at least I do. 5 or so years in with the GC/PS2/Xbox was better then this from what I remember back around 2005~6.

[quote name='SaraAB'] If you can hit a "first annual" community sale or something similar you might be in business but you will have to start early.[/QUOTE]

You want to hear something sad?
This was a first annual community sale I was at this weekend :D

[quote name='Rexall']What about for the exterior of the cart? If you look at the pic I uploaded, 1943 has some gunk on it. Some of the exteriors of the other cartridges could use some cleaning too[/QUOTE]

Besides everything else mentioned, I would take a toothbrush and wet it and use that to clean out that gunk (after a once over with whatever you use to clean it) in the tough spots around the indent grip whatever you call it part of the cart.

[quote name='Rexall']I thought a pencil eraser generates static electricity. Wouldn't that be a no-no?[/QUOTE]
No, that will definitely not create a static charge. Using a pencil eraser can be very damaging, however. The acids in them, while not particularly powerful, are still corrosive and may cause problems later on. If you are going to use an eraser for cleaning electronics, you want to use a gum eraser and always clean out any rubbings.

[quote name='elessar123']Fun fact: 70% isopropyl is better at disinfecting than 90%. So when you buy hand sanitizer, they're not gypping you, because they're usually around 70% alcohol.[/QUOTE]
True, but 90%+ is better for cleaning electronics because it evaporates much faster.

@junkie88 Epic score!

I hit a few yard sales on Saturday. Got a Blue Gameboy Advance SP w/car charger and headphones. Asking $5, she took $3 (No wall charger.)

And my best find of the year so far is a complete big box copy of Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall for PC. I've never seen it before, but it has a nice holographic box, and it's in pretty good shape. Picked that up for $2. Seems pretty rare, but I'm keeping this beauty for myself.

[quote name='ZombieToast']True, but 90%+ is better for cleaning electronics because it evaporates much faster.[/QUOTE]

For actual metal (i.e. contacts), definitely. But I'd rather kill the germs on the outside of the carts with 70%. And 70% isn't exactly bad for electronics.

[quote name='elessar123']For actual metal (i.e. contacts), definitely. But I'd rather kill the germs on the outside of the carts with 70%. And 70% isn't exactly bad for electronics.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, if you're concerned about germs, then you'll want to use the 70% because 90% is ineffective for that. I was just talking about cleaning off gunk and whatnot, not actually sanitizing the games.

So a friend of mine came over and was getting ready to go to his church to drop things off for a yard sale type thing they are doing tomorrow, friday, and saturday. I decided to unload some of my old clothes on them since its either that or I throw them in the garbage.
While I was donating I seen they had a turbo grafix 16 with darkwing duck and some jack or johnsomething golf game all for 10 bucks. Couldn't talk them into letting me buy it early but they open at 6 am and I plan on getting there at 5:45 and waiting out front to open. Hopefully it works and no one helping out with the sale snakes it before I can get it.

[quote name='NormanB258']Nothing big, but two nice finds:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 w/ box, no manual: $7. Marked 10, offered 5, settled on 7.

Majora's Mask Perfect Guide: Free w/ purchase of $1 Yankee Candle![/QUOTE]

Can't believe I'm the first one to ask this. What candle?

IDK why I bother...Went to a sale and saw a guy carrying 2 bags of ps2 stuff away from the garage and noticed a ps2 fat in one of the bags. I asked the woman if she had any more games and she said "no, that was it". Then she recognized me from last year and said that she remembered I bought some comics from her,blah,blah,blah. Of course she must have forgotten that I gave her my email and phone number for video games.

I asked how much she sold the ps2 stuff for and she said $35. Then she says "I also had a nintendo Ds that I sold for $85".

I say that is a good price for you and she replies, well it had 32 games, so I am not sure I did too well. :bomb:

I was done for the day at 9:30 am today. It is getting to a point where it isn't worth the effort for me to do this anymore.

So that controller I bought on Saturday works okay. Since I didn't have a battery cover for it I found one of my old play and charge kits for $5 from Sears and it works. Only major concern is the bumpers are badly worn but they still respond.

Had a citywide garage sale a couple of cities over today so I made the drive and got some *decent* deals.

One house had an Ice blue N64, all the hookups, 2 controllers, a memory card and Mario Tennis for $10. I didn't complain and picked it up. Probably will sell it to a friend of mine who has been wanting an N64.

Next find was a cart-only copy of Zelda II (NES) for $1. The lady said this was the only NES game she could find, it was lying amongst a bunch of empty plastic game cases. Shame she couldn't find more at that price...

Finally, I bought a red Game Boy Pocket with 5 games for $20.
-Pokemon Blue
-Operation C
-Lock n Chase
-Snoopy's Magic Show
-Motocross Maniacs
I definitely overpaid, but I stupidly somehow confused Operation C with Contra Alien Wars, which is a rarer game, so I though I was getting a better deal. Oh well, the Pokemon covers the cost if I sell/trade it, and the Gameboy itself is a color I wanted with a nice-looking screen. Plus I love Contra and didn't have any of the Game Boy games yet :p

Not the best day IMO, but an alright one.

[quote name='C0dy']I definitely overpaid, but I stupidly somehow confused Operation C with Contra Alien Wars, which is a rarer game, so I though I was getting a better deal.[/QUOTE]

eBay and Amazon both show cart only copies of Operation C selling for $1-$2 higher than Contra Alien Wars. In terms of production numbers, though, I don't know.

Just saw that a factory sealed Contra Alien Wars on Game Boy sold for $1k. Wow.

[quote name='slowdive21']IDK why I bother...Went to a sale and saw a guy carrying 2 bags of ps2 stuff away from the garage and noticed a ps2 fat in one of the bags. I asked the woman if she had any more games and she said "no, that was it". Then she recognized me from last year and said that she remembered I bought some comics from her,blah,blah,blah. Of course she must have forgotten that I gave her my email and phone number for video games.

I asked how much she sold the ps2 stuff for and she said $35. Then she says "I also had a nintendo Ds that I sold for $85".

I say that is a good price for you and she replies, well it had 32 games, so I am not sure I did too well. :bomb:

I was done for the day at 9:30 am today. It is getting to a point where it isn't worth the effort for me to do this anymore.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it helps to slow down; I've only been going out between 9:00 - 12:00, largely because 95% of my collecting goals have been met. There's no rule that says busting your ass will always get you the deals; often you can do just as well with a lazy or indifferent approach.

[quote name='Scorch']eBay and Amazon both show cart only copies of Operation C selling for $1-$2 higher than Contra Alien Wars. In terms of production numbers, though, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Well this makes me feel a bit better about it then, I had heard Alien Wars was the more valuable of the two. Then again Game Boy isn't one of my more knowledgable areas. :p Thanks for the info!

[quote name='slowdive21']IDK why I bother...Went to a sale and saw a guy carrying 2 bags of ps2 stuff away from the garage and noticed a ps2 fat in one of the bags. I asked the woman if she had any more games and she said "no, that was it". Then she recognized me from last year and said that she remembered I bought some comics from her,blah,blah,blah. Of course she must have forgotten that I gave her my email and phone number for video games.

I was done for the day at 9:30 am today. It is getting to a point where it isn't worth the effort for me to do this anymore.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think you missed out on much here, the PS2 probably had a ton of shovelware and sports games with it, most of which are worthless. The chance of finding a PS2 with a ton of RPG games for $356 is radically low and probably isn't going to happen. The system may not have even worked that good, as the PS2 has plenty of problems. A DS for $85 doesn't seem like a good deal unless it came with a ton of complete mario or nintendo franchise games.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Sometimes it helps to slow down; I've only been going out between 9:00 - 12:00, largely because 95% of my collecting goals have been met. There's no rule that says busting your ass will always get you the deals; often you can do just as well with a lazy or indifferent approach.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SaraAB']I honestly don't think you missed out on much here, the PS2 probably had a ton of shovelware and sports games with it, most of which are worthless. The chance of finding a PS2 with a ton of RPG games for $356 is radically low and probably isn't going to happen. The system may not have even worked that good, as the PS2 has plenty of problems. A DS for $85 doesn't seem like a good deal unless it came with a ton of complete mario or nintendo franchise games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for making me feel better. I am mainly disappointed because she never called or sent the email about games. The Ps2 lot I was a minute late, the DS lot was long gone before I got there (BTW I got there at 9:05. The sale started at 9 AM). I came home empty handed today (for everything), but I only used a half gallon of gas and and couple hours of time hitting the main areas.

I have about 4 days of posts to read in the thread, but I can see some people had some big finds!

[quote name='slowdive21']Thanks for making me feel better. I am mainly disappointed because she never called or sent the email about games. The Ps2 lot I was a minute late, the DS lot was long gone before I got there (BTW I got there at 9:05. The sale started at 9 AM). I came home empty handed today (for everything), but I only used a half gallon of gas and and couple hours of time hitting the main areas.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with Indigo_Streetlight & SaraAB, it's easy to picture what you missed being the dragon that you've been chasing. I missed 40 DS games last year at a yardsale only to see them at the flea market the very next day and about 35 of them were shit sandwich :)

I actually saw an ad on CL Monday night that mentioned video games and systems and said something about a preview starting that day or Tuesday or something like that, I didn't feel like wasting the gas since it's a bit out of my area and from the wording in the ad it sounded like a "preview" so I didn't know if any video games would be out or for sale yet so I sent an e-mail just to get a general idea of what they were going to be selling. Tuesday afternoon I got a reply saying that everything sold Tuesday morning. I was having some deja vu of seeing this sale listed in previous years so it probably wasn't anything that great that I missed.

I actually had 2 people last year that remembered me and took my name and number for a second time to which they never got in touch with me again so you can guess how optimistic I am about hearing back from people when they take my number. (Yes I have been doing this too long for that to happen once let alone twice)

Indigo_Streetlight's suggestion about slowing down is a good idea. If you are like me and yardsaling in the same area(s) and have a number of years under your belt your only going to have so many new sales to go to. Even my first week out was a good example of how dumb luck can be the most important think when yardsaling considering how I did with 1 sale last Friday compared to 50 some Saturday.

Finally got out to some sales today, and ended up with some pretty sweet finds. Mostly ended up getting lots of cheap CDs I wanted, but I did end up with a few gems. The good stuff:

Earthworm Jim (Gen)
Shenmue (DC)
Sonic Adventure (DC)
Die Hard Arcade (Sat)
Raiden Project - disc only (PS1)
$1 each

Silver PS2 slim $10
probably could have gone a bit cheaper, but I'm just happy to finally pick up an inexpensive spare PS2.

Best find of the day: Sealed monopoly W.R. Berkley edition - $0.50.
I literally only got it because of these yard sale threads in which I've seen people say repeatedly that it's hard to lose on sealed board games. So thanks, guys. Cheapest one of these I've seen is on Amazon for $65.

[quote name='dynafire']Finally got out to some sales today, and ended up with some pretty sweet finds. Mostly ended up getting lots of cheap CDs I wanted, but I did end up with a few gems. The good stuff:

Earthworm Jim (Gen)
Shenmue (DC)
Sonic Adventure (DC)
Die Hard Arcade (Sat)
Raiden Project - disc only (PS1)
$1 each

Silver PS2 slim $10
probably could have gone a bit cheaper, but I'm just happy to finally pick up an inexpensive spare PS2.

Best find of the day: Sealed monopoly W.R. Berkley edition - $0.50.
I literally only got it because of these yard sale threads in which I've seen people say repeatedly that it's hard to lose on sealed board games. So thanks, guys. Cheapest one of these I've seen is on Amazon for $65.[/QUOTE]

Good score, but be careful with monopoly editions. The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are surefire winners, but a lot of the brands you haven't heard of really aren't worth much at all.

I have to say I love this thread! I've been a long time yardsaler so it fun to see what other people pick up. I'm out nearly every weekend from April-Mid Oct. I resell book and other misc Items but I'm always on the look out for games to add to my collection.

I went to several community sales this past weekend. It started out really slow lots of fairly large sales but I just wasn't finding anything. Not even books! which is really strange because i usually don't have a problem finding those. Around Noon is when I started really hitting pay dirt =)

First gaming thing I found was a TI-99 :bouncy: with a Make offer sticker on it. It had the original box (a little beat up) Styrofoam and manuals. Everything else was priced pretty cheap so I offered $10 and they took it, of course I think they would have taken $5 but that's ok I've been wanting one of these for awhile. He also had a crate with some games, controllers and speech synthesizer.

I picked up about 15 TI-99 Games with boxes and instructions at Value Village last year. They were 4.99 each which is more than I would have like to have paid but since with the boxes are becoming harder to find I sucked it up. Though I'm still trying to get those darn Value Village stickers off the boxes. What a Pain! But I'm Happy to finally have they system to play them on

DSC02437.jpg

DSC02438.jpg

At the house next door I found a box with a Playstation, 3 Controllers, & 15 games marked down from $10 to $5. I can not believe no one picked it up at $10! I also Picked up 4 PS2 games for $1 each and an Ipod Shuffle 1g for $5

Also in the photo is a New Pokemon figure I picked up for $1

DSC02439.jpg

Not gaming so the pictures are in spoilers but I picked up around 38 X-men figures (Plus a few Misc) for $50 all made around 1994. They also had a bunch of new star trek figures but I passed on those

DSC02445.jpg

DSC02444.jpg

Oh man, I would gladly trade all of my X-Men figures for that Ray Fillet!

I'm a bit curious about books...I know a couple of guys in this thread buy and sell them. What kinds do you look out for? Specific titles, publication dates, or editions? I imagine certain art, science, and technology books (even old ones) are bound to be worth something, but I almost never find anything worthwhile. And where do you sell them? Amazon, eBay, trade-in site, somewhere else? I would to do something with some of the books I acquire, aside from simply donating them. Heck, I would even be happy with a book store that would take them for store credit, but I don't know if any places like that exist around here. Right now, the best thing I've got going for me is PaperBackSwap.

2012-05-04110537.jpg

Here's my buys for the day. Gonna sell most of this stuff for a profit.

2 Nintendo DS Lites- $30 TOTAL :D Both work great and come with chargers!
Logitech Cordless keyboard- $3
GTAIV with Gay Tony Expansion Pack- $4
David Chappelle DVD- $1
Yoostar 2- $1
Motorola Razr- $1
Some wireless mouse I'm giving to my sister- $3
Mario Kart DD- $3
Indianapolis Colts sweatshirt- $5

[quote name='slowdive21']Thanks for making me feel better. I am mainly disappointed because she never called or sent the email about games. The Ps2 lot I was a minute late, the DS lot was long gone before I got there (BTW I got there at 9:05. The sale started at 9 AM). I came home empty handed today (for everything), but I only used a half gallon of gas and and couple hours of time hitting the main areas.

I have about 4 days of posts to read in the thread, but I can see some people had some big finds![/QUOTE]

Based on my area, there will be plenty of opportunity to score huge PS2 bundles for cheap this season and beyond. PS2 dumping is in full swing here. Again, I really don't think you missed anything, a lot of people who have PS2's here have NOTHING but worthless sports games. Finding a PS2 gem is a lot harder than finding a PS1 gem, which I have gotten a few of those.

The DS games that sell for $8-10 here aren't even worth the price, again unless they are mario, nintendo franchise or RPG games. Even some of those don't have much value. Getting stuck with a bunch of games that have a $3-4 value on ebay even if you paid a dollar each will just leave you with a pile of junk that is hard to get rid of and that takes up space unless you genuinely want to play those games, then it would be worth it. You have to cherry pick around the shovelware if you can.

544790_352670424792360_100001482152503_1016263_1406010394_n.jpg

$10! Door's missing on the console but oh well. Just excited to add MTPO, Metal Gear, and more to the collection.

not many sales today, its sort of overcast, guess it kept people inside.

I found:

Lime green gbc (no battery cover, or serial)
Super mario deluxe (gbc) (flithy but saves)
zelda links awakening (I can't get this one to load, the nintendo logo just stays fragmented, outside looks clean)
-marked 5, when asked if he would take less, he quickly said 3, I didn't argue.

[quote name='orcafan8']
zelda links awakening (I can't get this one to load, the nintendo logo just stays fragmented, outside looks clean)
[/QUOTE]

Keep cleaning the contacts. Everytime I've had a game behave that way I kept at it and eventually got them to work.

So here's my pickup for the day:

SNES System with intec 3 in 1 AV cable
Bunch of NES/SNES controllers including an NES Zapper
YLOD 2nd Gen PS3

All for $40

The NES/SNES lot was $30. Broken PS3 was $10. Not sure if I overpaid but at roughly $1 per game plus 2 consoles, one of which is definitely broken, maybe not.

The lot came with an NES power supply but the guy couldn't find any of the NES hookups. The SNES was a bit dirty and is missing the AC adapter. Should I just get one of those AC adapter kits with all the different tips?

Anyway, I think I have a yard sale "nemesis" too. Some old white guy who also hunts for games. The sale was supposed to start at 8 but he started selling at 7:30. So I passed by since my previous sales were busts and lucked out. I also beat this guy out to a Lego set I paid $10 worth $80 while he went for some Xbox shovelware.

NES Games:
Wizards and Warriors
Tecmo Super Bowl
Ninja Gaiden
Final Fantasy
Gunsmoke
Shadowgate
Pro Wrestling
Legendary Wings
Cobra Triangle
TMNT
Gradius
Faxandu
Hoops
Gumshoe
Dragon Warrior
Contra
Kid Icarus
Rygar
SMB/Duck Hunt
Kid Niki
Metroid
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Blaster Master
Commando
Zelda 2 with a clear cartridge case

A lot of the games have the black cartridge covers too. There was a Double Dragon II instruction manual but no cartridge.

SNES Games:
Madden 94
Super Mario World
Bulls vs Blazers
Mega Man X
Final Fantasy III (with instruction manual)
WWF Super Wrestlemania
NBA Live 95
Super Street Fighter 2
F-Zero
John Madden Football
Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat 2

There was another sale that had some PC games but wasn't interested in them. Mostly EA stuff from 5-7 years ago and FPS games.

2ivmvs3.jpg

Rumble Roses XX (No Manual) - 3
The Greatest Wrestling Stars of The '80s - 1
Twilight Princess & Tools of Destruction (Both Complete) - 7
Hardball III - .25

TP was 5 and I'm guessing ToD was also, took my offer of 7 for both. Offered .25 for the baseball game. Other two were asking price.

Between Friday & Saturday I was out for about 5 hours and got to about 32 sales total between both days.

The house I got Rumble Roses at I missed some GameCube games and another house I was told that everything sold but it was one of those cases were the lady didn't know anything about video games so I couldn't tell if it was anything worthwhile.

I ran into a guy I went to school with who was telling me a few weeks ago he saw an Atari with about 15 games at a yardsale for $125. One house this week actually told me that they had some old NES games but they threw them out.

Passed on crummy 360 games for $10 each. I was going to go to a few big sales but I decided I didnt want to drive 30 mins away

I did snag a Linksys WRT54G router and a usb snes controller for $3

Found an nes with original mario, two controllers and all cords for 3.00. Came in the plastic but for some reason in a snes box. Say they found in garage. No games but I dont care. Is there a market for snes boxes?

[quote name='Zazoo']I have to say I love this thread! I've been a long time yardsaler so it fun to see what other people pick up. I'm out nearly every weekend from April-Mid Oct. I resell book and other misc Items but I'm always on the look out for games to add to my collection.

I went to several community sales this past weekend. It started out really slow lots of fairly large sales but I just wasn't finding anything. Not even books! which is really strange because i usually don't have a problem finding those. Around Noon is when I started really hitting pay dirt =)

First gaming thing I found was a TI-99 :bouncy: with a Make offer sticker on it. It had the original box (a little beat up) Styrofoam and manuals. Everything else was priced pretty cheap so I offered $10 and they took it, of course I think they would have taken $5 but that's ok I've been wanting one of these for awhile. He also had a crate with some games, controllers and speech synthesizer.

I picked up about 15 TI-99 Games with boxes and instructions at Value Village last year. They were 4.99 each which is more than I would have like to have paid but since with the boxes are becoming harder to find I sucked it up. Though I'm still trying to get those darn Value Village stickers off the boxes. What a Pain! But I'm Happy to finally have they system to play them on

DSC02437.jpg

DSC02438.jpg

At the house next door I found a box with a Playstation, 3 Controllers, & 15 games marked down from $10 to $5. I can not believe no one picked it up at $10! I also Picked up 4 PS2 games for $1 each and an Ipod Shuffle 1g for $5

Also in the photo is a New Pokemon figure I picked up for $1

DSC02439.jpg

Not gaming so the pictures are in spoilers but I picked up around 38 X-men figures (Plus a few Misc) for $50 all made around 1994. They also had a bunch of new star trek figures but I passed on those

DSC02445.jpg

DSC02444.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if they are worth something now but I wish I would have never got rid of my Cable figures.

[quote name='Bing147']Found an nes with original mario, two controllers and all cords for 3.00. Came in the plastic but for some reason in a snes box. Say they found in garage. No games but I dont care. Is there a market for snes boxes?[/QUOTE]
There is if the box is in decent shape and has the inserts/cardboard, though you'd probably do better to find a SNES to put in it and sell it as a CIB.

I had an interesting day. No awesome game finds, but a decent day all the same.

First I found an NES R/F Cable for 0.25
then across town I found a NES power Cable For 0.25
(great because I have like 5 deck only NES's)

THEN! I found an interesting looking "Game System" by MB called "Hero Quest"
Got it for $1. Turns out It's collectable and worth a pretty penny.
2012-05-05_11-51-43_177.jpg

Next I found a Copy of RISK that uses actual
army characters versus the gay arrow markers. ($1.00)

Then at an unlikely yard sale I found some interesting books
(the book of Thoth by Aleister Crowley for example)

the pic is a small sample. ($0.50 ea)
2012-05-05_11-53-31_365-Copy.jpg

Edit - also, got 2 copies of the Stargate movie at the same place as the books
(one sealed VHS and a extended cut DVD) $1.00 for both

Did my second run of the year and hit about 20-30 garage sales. I don't have the energy to photograph it, because honestly there's too much. Here's a rough run down:

2 Xbox Consoles - only one set of cables though
1 PS2 fat
2 GB
3 GBC
1 GBA old model
35ish PS2 games
12ish PS1 games - 2 complete Spyro games
30ish GB/GBC/GBA games - couple Pokemon games, few random valuables
tons and tons of the gameboy clam shell game cases
Metroid Prime 2
tons of controllers (like 4 per system even though the PS2 has two slots?)

I left behind quite a bit also because things were marked so absurdly I couldn't even lowball it and still be satisfied with the price. Did pretty well though - selling off the extra systems and doubles of games should easily net me more than my spending cost of $90 for all of that. Absolutely shocked at the value of old gameboy stuff. Thought it was worthless.

Edit: 3 GBC systems, not 2

Its in fantastic shape, still has slip on it to send away fo a free mario all stars even. But no inserts or styrofoam.

Picked up;

PS2 Slim with cables and controller
Tony Hawk Pro skater 4
Tony Hawk underground 2
GTA: SA
Ace Combat 5
Need for Speed Underground
WWE Smackdown here comes the pain
Unreal Tournment
Metal Gear solid 2
NHL 2004

all for $10.00

[quote name='SnesGuy']I had an interesting day. No awesome game finds, but a decent day all the same.

First I found an NES R/F Cable for 0.25
then across town I found a NES power Cable For 0.25
(great because I have like 5 deck only NES's)

THEN! I found an interesting looking "Game System" by MB called "Hero Quest"
Got it for $1. Turns out It's collectable and worth a pretty penny.
2012-05-05_11-51-43_177.jpg

Next I found a Copy of RISK that uses actual
army characters versus the gay arrow markers. ($1.00)

Then at an unlikely yard sale I found some interesting books
(the book of Thoth by Aleister Crowley for example)

the pic is a small sample. ($0.50 ea)
2012-05-05_11-53-31_365-Copy.jpg

Edit - also, got 2 copies of the Stargate movie at the same place as the books
(one sealed VHS and a extended cut DVD) $1.00 for both[/QUOTE]

Man I remember having a great time with a couple of friends playing Hero Quest. Wish I took it with me when i moved when i was a kid. Heard they are worth a nice amount nowadays, nice pickup

I went to 3 bag sales (fill a bag for $2) and I got a load of stuff, barely any gaming stuff, but I am getting good at looking at big piles of junk and then picking out the resellable items. I am sure I miss a lot because I can only fit so much into a bag but I try..

My best item was a Droid Razr vehicle mounting kit, which sells for like $40 online...

First real yard sale outing for me this morning netted me zero gaming stuff, but plenty of goodies:

Dachsund rug $3
Art of Racing in the Rain book $0.50
8x10 frames (black, qtyx4) $2
2 Jimmy Buffett CDs and a book $5

Find of the Day:
75 vinyl albums (keeping 60+) marked $1 each..... paid $10 total

Squandered Flip of the Day:
First 6 seasons of Sex & the City $10 total. Probably could have doubled my money at Hastings (they had theirs marked $17 each).

The sales in my area (small town) are ruined by two families who go to all the yard sales every week and buy everything up only to put it in their own yards, which are set up 7 days a week. Then of course it's eBay pricing. What gets me the most is the one family buys furniture and lets it sit in the yard all night covered by a tarp. The yard is maybe 40 feet from a corn field, I can only imagine how many field mice live in those couches. fucking idiots.

So I haven't posted finds on here in a few months, largely because (a) my computer died a horrible death, and (b) I haven't found a fucking thing at yard sales this year.

Today was just too strange not to post.

First two sales I hit were run by absolute morons. First one had a fat PS2 with one controller...and was asking $50. The next one advertised a Nintendo 64 on Craiglist. I get there a few minutes early only to find a $250 price tag on a 64 with a stack of games. I can't make this crap up. Judging by the fact that this d-bag had a house three times the size of mine, it didn't surprise me that her prices were outrageous.

Next one was fun. I pull up, get out of my car and the guy says "Hey, you're my first customer! Anything for you, a quarter apiece!" Uhm...ok.
dscn1214f.jpg
By mrrapp at 2012-05-05[/IMG]
The Xbox is modded...if anyone has experience with Xenium...I can't tell if it's broken or if I'm missing something. The Mac tower didn't come with any cords, so I can't tell if it works or not...next stop, thrift store!

Randoms...
dscn1211sg.jpg
By mrrapp at 2012-05-05[/IMG]
dscn1213b.jpg

By mrrapp at 2012-05-05
.hack//INFECTION - $1
Game Boy Color - $10 (guy threw in a Gamecube controller, which I needed)
Castlevania Adventure - $0.50

Found some other goodies at a Goodwill...but this isn't the right thread.

Picked up the following
Slim ps2 system only - $5
Ps1 all cables and 2 controllers (just wanted the accessories) - $5
Original gameboy - $1
Olympus DS-40 voice recorder (complete) - $10
Samsung 19 inch HDTV LCD WORKS - $10

[quote name='TheHeef']The Xbox is modded...if anyone has experience with Xenium...I can't tell if it's broken or if I'm missing something. [/quote]

Whats it doing or not doing? I have mine modded with a Xenium Ice chip.

Went to one on the odd part of town, guy had boxes of comic books, a NES, and a Sega Genesis Launch/Sega CD. He wanted higher than $50 a box, and at least $20 a system, and wouldn't budge. One of the games was Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. So I left.

At another one, for $5 I got:
Batman: Long Halloween
Daredevil- issue 26-31 tpb
Essential X-Men 6 (Disappointed that good deal of the material was also in X-Factor 1).

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Whats it doing or not doing? I have mine modded with a Xenium Ice chip.[/QUOTE]

I'll take another look and PM you with some details.

Rained this weekend, so not too many sales going on. I picked up a cool looking Polaroid camera for 3 bucks (it still works!) and not much else.

bread's done
Back