Official 2012 Yard Sale Thread

Arcade Party Pack happens to be on the short list of games not backwards compatible with PS2 or PS3, so no big loss there, good job with the Team Buddies though, it's actually a good game too.

10fz5es.jpg

All of this stuff was from one house, the GBA SP stuff was marked 3, Halo 3 is sealed and was 1, Resident Evil 4 (complete) was .50 and everything else was .25 each. I offered 5 and the guy countered with 5.50.

Got to about 32 sales and was out for about 4-5 hours total this weekend. I was only told I missed a Gameboy Advance at one sale that was sold on Thursday. The only overpriced thing I saw was an Xbox marked $65 (no games included, those were $5 each)

Yes that is all NES sports games not surprisingly when I asked about old games at this sale BSing with the guy this was the dreck they were getting rid of. It was a bummer that it was all sports games yet sadly enough I was still kind of happy just to be seeing any cart games as dry as this year has started out. Overall another boring week the only other thing I would even mention is that the guy I bought all of the games from looked like Randy (Earl's brother - My Name Is Earl) My instincts were to say something about it to the guy as much as he looked like him but I though better and didn't (I'm sure he hears it way too much).

[quote name='spmahn']Arcade Party Pack happens to be on the short list of games not backwards compatible with PS2 or PS3, so no big loss there, good job with the Team Buddies though, it's actually a good game too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, though the Party Pack (underneath the Team Buddies) seems to work a-okay on my PS2. In this version the Smash TV has unlimited continues, not too shabby as ports go. :)

cool grabs guys! I was very turned away from yard sailin' today because of massive storms in the area, and it bein the weekend after finals I just wanted to relax a bit. Might go out next weekend since I haven't found anything decent in a week or so.

Nothing here this weekend, but we did go to an estate sale where they had a couple boxes of "dirty toys" if you get my drift.. First time seeing anything like that at a sale in my whole life... I am not sure who would try to sell this stuff at a sale, especially just having them out in the open, and there were a lot of kids around.

[quote name='SaraAB']Nothing here this weekend, but we did go to an estate sale where they had a couple boxes of "dirty toys" if you get my drift.. First time seeing anything like that at a sale in my whole life... I am not sure who would try to sell this stuff at a sale, especially just having them out in the open, and there were a lot of kids around.[/QUOTE]

You're talking about dildos

Went out yard saling today and was a complete bust, but thankfully I stopped at a couple thrift/consignment stores and had a very good day

Consignment shop
Ps2 broadband adapter sealed $2.89
Fallout 3 goty pc $3
Halflife 2 guide $1
Sims unleashed $1.99

Pawn shop
Office season 6 Blu $7.99

Thrift shop
Snes/n64/GameCube av cable $1
Sony av cable $1
GameCube power cord $1
Ps2 controller $1
Pacman world 3 Xbox $1 (already sold for 8)

Flea market (great day)
N64 complete w/ 7 games (tested and works) $13
Odyssey 2 no power cord plus spider man vs xmen for snes $5 (never saw one before)
24 seasons 1-4 official hong kong DVD boxset $5 (bought because it looks cool if anyone knows a value plmk)
Seinfeld seasons 1-9 box set $10
Transformers g1 skullcruncher excellent shape and had headmaster and tail but missing gun $30
Snes mini system missing av cable $14
Metal gear solid VR missions $1
Law and order year 6 $2
24 season 5 $1
External Blu ray burner still sealed $5

The good news is I found a never-been-used Atari Jaguar, CIB. The bad news is it was $150 so I ran from it fast (guy didn't want to budge)!

Thanks again to Reaggo for the deal on Wild Arms 2.

Only game stuff I found this weekend was a Sega Genesis w/ a few games, notables were Gunstar Heroes, Contra Hard Corps (I saw someone found this last week and I kept saying I wanted to find a copy in the wild), and Arcus Odyssey.

At one of the first sales I went to I missed out on a Roland Synthesizer by 5 seconds! A guy walked up and picked it up just before I could. Looking forward to everyone else's finds.

[quote name='SaraAB']Nothing here this weekend, but we did go to an estate sale where they had a couple boxes of "dirty toys" if you get my drift.. First time seeing anything like that at a sale in my whole life... I am not sure who would try to sell this stuff at a sale, especially just having them out in the open, and there were a lot of kids around.[/QUOTE]

So are they all in working order?

Completed my first day of yard sales after getting home from college and only found one thing worth while. Got a PS3 original wireless headset for $6. Otherwise, saw nothing but a copy of Cooking Mama for Wii that was priced at $20.

[quote name='yourlefthand']So are they all in working order?[/QUOTE]

Now the After Burner Climax avatar makes sense.

Were they used, or in the original package? I don't think it's legal to sell that kind of stuff used, yuck! I do always love the tag sales you see that have like boxes of old Playboys out in the open where kids would have free access to them.

[quote name='spmahn']Arcade Party Pack happens to be on the short list of games not backwards compatible with PS2 or PS3, so no big loss there, good job with the Team Buddies though, it's actually a good game too.[/QUOTE]
Funny. I've played my copy of the Arcade Party Pak on at least my two PS3 slims.
I could just imagine a lil kid finding one of those 'toys' and asking mommy or daddy if they would buy them the magic wand that vibrates.:lol:

But kids love toys!

Any chance you let that GBA SP go at a decent price?

[quote name='FOnewearl']
10fz5es.jpg

All of this stuff was from one house, the GBA SP stuff was marked 3, Halo 3 is sealed and was 1, Resident Evil 4 (complete) was .50 and everything else was .25 each. I offered 5 and the guy countered with 5.50.

Got to about 32 sales and was out for about 4-5 hours total this weekend. I was only told I missed a Gameboy Advance at one sale that was sold on Thursday. The only overpriced thing I saw was an Xbox marked $65 (no games included, those were $5 each)

Yes that is all NES sports games not surprisingly when I asked about old games at this sale BSing with the guy this was the dreck they were getting rid of. It was a bummer that it was all sports games yet sadly enough I was still kind of happy just to be seeing any cart games as dry as this year has started out. Overall another boring week the only other thing I would even mention is that the guy I bought all of the games from looked like Randy (Earl's brother - My Name Is Earl) My instincts were to say something about it to the guy as much as he looked like him but I though better and didn't (I'm sure he hears it way too much).
[/QUOTE]

Hit a lot of yard sales and found a decent amount of gaming supplies.

Super Nintendo with 2 controllers and Yoshi's Island - $3
Super Mario World - .25 cents
Perfect Dark N64 Cart only - .25 cents
Namco Mueseum n64 Complete -. 25 cents
Ms Pac Man N64 Complete - .25 cents
New Tetris N64 Complete - .25 cents
Indiana Jones PS2 Complete - $1
Metal Gear Solid PSOne Complete - $2
Tekken 1 PS1 Long Box w/o manual - $1
Final Fantasy VIII Guide, Goldeneye Guide, and Unauthorized Metal Gear Solid Guide - 3 for $1
X-Men Mutant Academy 2 PS1 Complete - $1 (Pawn Shop)

Non-Gaming
Orgazmo DVD - $1.50
300 Hardcover ($30 MSRP) - $1.50
Paul Blart Mall Cop blu ray (sealed) - $1

***Find of the Day***
Pokemon Card lot - over 100 holos, another 100 or so rares, 25 promos, a few thousand cards - $20
The Pokemon Card lot included a shadowless 1st edition Venusaur Holo which sells between $40-$80 alone (I've had shadowless cards before, but never have had an actual 1st edition one which are very hard to find). It also has 4 Charizards (different types ($7-$15 apiece), harder to find promos, and a number of holos that sell for $4-$7. A great find.

The Pokemon card lot was brought out to me. The guy said the cards were given to him by a friend and he didn't know a price. I flipped through the shoe box until I found the 4 Charizards. At that point, I only saw about 20 holos and asked him how much. He wouldn't give me a price. I told him if he wanted over $40, I was the wrong guy and I thought he could get it. if he listed on craigslist. He till didn't respond. I was bout to offer him $10 to see where he would take it but decided $20 to speed up the negotation. He took the $20 without any hesitation and told me again he didn't know anything about them and wanted them gone even though I told them they had value. He basically said he would've taken a lot less.

Wow, I'm jealous. Last two weeks have been lame for me :(.

Out of both weeks, I've only gotten one thing and that was yesterday. Granted, it's not a bad find.

Gamecube: Resident Evil 2 complete for $2

Hopefully things'll pick up for me.

I've just picked up some random stuff the last few weeks...including this.

40b2691563f08f872a63c991e45972b9.png

Yes, 2 weeks ago I picked up a 46" Sony Bravia LCD TV at a yard sale for $100. The owners told me there was a problem with the screen where it was dark on one side, but only on some of the inputs. I decided to grab it, since at the worst case scenario I could probably break even reselling it as-is. As a side-note, this was a repeat sale; last year I went and they gave me a broken 360 for free. Nice folks!

Well anyway, when I got it home sure enough the screen was all dark and blurry on the right side, or at least for 15 minutes until it gets warmed up. I did some research and found this model TV, which is from 2007/2008, had this problem all the time and is covered under extended warranty through October of this year. The previous owners had never registered it, so we got Sony to replace the TV for free. The replacement is the same model (46XBR4) and came with an additional 2-year warranty.

Now it is a pretty old model, and heavy too but damn is it beautiful. My old TV was a 2008 32" Sharp so the age isn't really an issue, relatively speaking. It's probably refurbished but it looks brand-new to me, and there's always that warranty if anything does go wrong. It didn't come with a stand but I got one for ebay for $60 shipped. So for $160 I got the new/refurbished TV, stand, and 2-year warranty. This is probably my single best yard sale score ever!

[quote name='AugustAPC']Wow, I'm jealous. Last two weeks have been lame for me :(.

Out of both weeks, I've only gotten one thing and that was yesterday. Granted, it's not a bad find.

Gamecube: Resident Evil 2 complete for $2

Hopefully things'll pick up for me.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not bad, some of the Gamecube Resident Evils are getting harder to find. With the recent 50% TIV bump at Gamestop I found my first minty complete RE3 and it flipped fast.

Well I've been wanting the GameCube RE series for a while, and they are pretty pricey. So this was a nice find for me. It seems like the GameCube is the best place to go for the RE series.

[quote name='spmahn']Were they used, or in the original package? I don't think it's legal to sell that kind of stuff used, yuck! I do always love the tag sales you see that have like boxes of old Playboys out in the open where kids would have free access to them.[/QUOTE]

Original package, but I obviously can't say they weren't used, because they could have been used and put back in the package. I don't think the playboy's are that bad, I have seen crates of them at a lot of sales, but the people usually keep them by where they are sitting, you can only see the covers and they are usually packed in so you can't really see them. These were just sitting there unattended. and there were quite a few, maybe 10-20 so it wasn't just one lonely box. Honestly it looked like someone bought out a store and got these in a lot, if that is not the case, then I really don't want to know what was going on in that house especially since there were so many..

[quote name='SaraAB'] just one lonely box. [/QUOTE]

Coincidentally, that's probably why they were there though

I didn't get much this week sadly.
Did find another (smaller) old radio shack electronics snap kit. minty CIB.
can probably make $20 profit on it. Last time I found the biggest one they made, sealed. got $60 for that one. Got a couple ps2 eye toys for $1 too.

I did find my mom a Prada bag. Just in time for mothers day, lol. Got my girl a DB purse too. $1 ea.

yard sale are starting to wind down out here. It's 11:30am and 100F outside.
-__-

[quote name='jman2avatar']I was too lazy to go shopping this weekend, but I might go to the MIT flea market next weekend.[/QUOTE]

I know that's where I'll be next weekend.

[quote name='schultzed']I just got lucky with my Wasteland. I picked it up while sifting through books at Salvation Army and got it without knowing anything about it but I loved the artwork and wanted to show my kids 5" disks. I was busy and never looked it up. If I could've gotten $50 for it at the time . . . I would've taken it.

When the Wasteland II announcement was news my son mentioned it (he reads constantly but isn't a gamer--although he is addicted to Minecraft) . . . and I went "hmmm, what was that game that I found last year?" I put it on Amazon for $250 and I had an interested buyer (from Norway) but he said I was overpriced . . . but would buy it for $170. He also said I should watch ebay to see how overpriced I was. So, I saw a PC version top out over $400 and put mine on ebay.

I caught a BIN at $350. I think I undersold it but I can't complain.[/QUOTE]

fuck! I sold mine for around $50 shipped. :cry:

I loved the artwork on it and had a sneaking suspicion that I should have kept it.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Orgazmo DVD - $1.50[/QUOTE]
Nice, I knew a guy who was in that movie. Haven't spoken to him recently. As far as I know, he could be dead.

[quote name='SaraAB']Honestly it looked like someone bought out a store and got these in a lot, if that is not the case, then I really don't want to know what was going on in that house especially since there were so many..[/QUOTE]
They could just be retailers. Some people do it with toys or makeup, some people do it with adult products. I know this gal who runs a business out of her van and she drives around selling various dildos and vibrators. The town won't let her open up a storefront, but she's probably better off this way anyway.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Nice, I knew a guy who was in that movie. Haven't spoken to him recently. As far as I know, he could be dead.

They could just be retailers. Some people do it with toys or makeup, some people do it with adult products. I know this gal who runs a business out of her van and she drives around selling various dildos and vibrators. The town won't let her open up a storefront, but she's probably better off this way anyway.[/QUOTE]

We have several stores here that deal in these sorts of things, so maybe they got a discount on the store's older merchandise, or the store just gave it to them, as these boxes appeared to be older, or they were just retailers of that sort of thing at one point in their life and wanted to get rid of remaining stock. Now if it was used items that would be a different story... fortunately I have never seen anyone around here trying to sell used ones..

I agree that she is probably better off just driving around, it costs gas money but opening up a store here if you are not a major retailer or a business that has already established themselves in the area 30 years ago seems to be something that does not last and becomes very costly very quickly. Most new independent businesses close up here within just a few months of opening.

[quote name='ajh2298']Any chance you let that GBA SP go at a decent price?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I am going to be keeping it since it's a AGS-101 model

Nice pickup on the Xbox. I've been looking for one myself. The only one I've seen this year had the cables and one controller, no games, for $50. Kind of hard to haggle that down.

Thanks man. I've been meaning to rebuild my Xbox collection and I was in the right place at the right time. I couldn't believe that someone would sell an Xbox with a bunch of controllers, all for 5 dollars.

[quote name='leecy']Nice pickup on the Xbox. I've been looking for one myself. The only one I've seen this year had the cables and one controller, no games, for $50. Kind of hard to haggle that down.[/QUOTE]

What price when u looking for? I have one that I barely use. its in great condition. Im not sure how many controllers, but i do have the S and the big controllers. PM me.

PS, how much would it cost to ship it?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Funny. I've played my copy of the Arcade Party Pak on at least my two PS3 slims.[/QUOTE]

I figured out the deal with Party Pack: Smash TV and Rampage work okay (as well as the developer interviews) but the screen gets muddled / locks up on Toobin' and some of the no-name games. It reminds me a lot of how an NES game behaves with dirty contacts--really weird since it's not like how ps1 games usually freeze.

Ugh, yard sales have been super lame for me this year. Only thing I've got so far is a pink GBA with case and Kirby's Dream Land 2, one of the Game and Watch collections, and a few crappy GBA games for $10.

I'm holding out for the big annual yard sale on July 4, where in the past I snagged Earthbound for $5, a Turbo-Grafx w/Keith Courage for $2, and a complete Odyssey 2 for $20.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I've just picked up some random stuff the last few weeks...including this.
[/QUOTE]

Bravo on the Bravia!

Not much going on here. I hit over 40 sales last week buying maybe 100 books and media items but only these games of note:

$1 each at separate sales.

Happy to find a Game Boy player disc (which I can wed to a player I have) and

The 3 PS1 games came at a last sale on Sat. that I almost drove right past (looked slim) but I did spot a grungy looking PSX with some poor-looking games but then I spotted the MK4 and Crash (amongst sports games) and then the FF. I pitched $3 for all . . . seller asked $3 each . . . so we settled on $6.

[quote name='schultzed']Bravo on the Bravia![/QUOTE]

Thanks schultzed. It really is an inspiration to start going through the backlog, heh. You got some nice games too...these days I'm looking for anything developed by From Soft so I'd love to find King's Field.

Sales have been pretty miserable around here (well, besides the TV lol) but if I get anything at all this week I'll post up my recent games and media finds.

Last weekend's goods, $15. Game Gear sadly doesn't work, needs new capacitors. Maybe I'll try the repair some time.

GEDC0337.jpg

That TV was a really good find, I find that most people don't know about their warranty options for things at all, their loss is your gain.

Got up at 7:45...can't motivate myself to go to sales...Missed the last 2 weeks because of family emergency and travel. Been hitting up thrifts more often since it is easier and I befriended a book scanner who is giving me tips.

I am still deciding if I am going to my friend's mom's wake today. She was a nice lady, but I would have to get my haircut and it may be awkward since my friend's wife (GF when I knew her) doesn't like me. I also haven't seen my friend for about 10 years, but I would see his Mom once a week at the library.

[quote name='slowdive21']I am still deciding if I am going to my friend's mom's wake today. She was a nice lady, but I would have to get my haircut and it may be awkward since my friend's wife (GF when I knew her) doesn't like me. I also haven't seen my friend for about 10 years, but I would see his Mom once a week at the library.[/QUOTE]

You should go. Despite his wife's gripe with you, he would really appreciate it.

went to like 40 or sales myself today. passed by a few interesting items, like an original xbox, the halo green one with like 10 games(mainly crap aside from halo 1 and 2) for $50, but all id be interested in is the system and they wanted to sell it as a package deal...and wasnt going to pay $50. Then saw a Pikachu N64 system with like 6 games. Was interested in this but there was no price on it. Asked the lady if she would take $10. she said she would have to ask her son who ewasnt available at the time. Gave her my number. She said she would call back when she finds out how much her son wants for it. I'd be willing to go up to $20.

Went to another sale and sadly saw a lady walking away with an xbox 360 and a stack of like 20 games.......good titles too as for what I could see..halo 3, soul calibur, rock band...didnt et a glimpse of the others too good but didnt see any blaring white spines indicating no sports titles. Didnt get to find out how much she paid...im hoping she paid a lot because I would feel even worse if she got it cheap. Hell even if she paid $100 itd be nice flip for the majority of the items.

Came across a sale with like 20 ps1 games..$1 a piece. I grabbed the non sports titles...7 of them and asked if they'd take $5. They agreed. this was the same sale with the halo xbox.

Another sale had like 10 360 games..alll marked $10..........nothing to point out really except they wanted $10 for Kinect Adventures........lol.............good luck with that. Only game that interested me in the pile was Lost Planet...I asked if theyd take $5 and they did...not a super deal..but decent.

Final sale worth noting is one that had ps3 and ds items. Apparently there were like 20+ ps3 and ds games earlier in the day including new super mario bros. wish i had gotten there earlier. :(

though the prices werent the greatest. the games that were left were marked $5,$10,and $15. 4 games caught my eye.....pokemon heart gold, pokemon heart silver, mario and luigi: bowser's story, and little big planet goty. The 3 ds games were marked $15 each and LBP was $10. Ased if she would take $40 for the 4 and she did...........decent deal..again nothing spectacular but better then buying them at say gamestop. Oh and also bought a ds lite for $20...in great condition...so that made it all worth it.

Hoping I get a call back on that Pikachu n64 though and that its a good price. oh and thats a Green Day cd I bought for $1 pictured with the ps1 games

Considered going to a fairly promising sale an hour away on Saturday, but reconsidered and ended up sticking close to home. Can't complain too much with my decision, as I had a decent day.

SDC10318.jpg

DS Lite was $12, Grandia, Squirtle, and sealed Creepy Crawlers set were each $1. All from different sales, nothing really noteworthy about any of them. Passed on a lot of junk xbox/ps2 games, and got beat to a pokemon card collection by about 3 or 4 minutes.

SDC10319.jpg

Thanks to this thread for pointing this Hero Quest game out recently; I probably would have passed on it otherwise. It's complete with all pieces (1 or 2 are chipped, but its in great, complete shape otherwise). Will try to Craigslist it for $60.

Same sale, I dumbly passed on a Teletubbies plush lot that I could have made $50 or $60 on (realized after looking it up later). So I stop by Monday after work and see that a lot of their stuff is left in their yard under a big tarp. I ring their doorbell and ask if I can take a looksie, they say go for it. They also go on to say that everything is going to the dump, so take whatever I want. Though the teletubbies are long gone, I proceed to haul all of the books and cds left to the local used book store for $120 in credit.

I normally try to sell items on my own without trading them into middlemen, but these items were low value books and CDs. I don't have time to list, pack, and ship a book/CD to make $2 or $3 on it. Instead, i'll convert the credit to games (their game prices tend to be fair for a physical store, at or a little less than online), and sell those. This find ended up being my find of the week; hope I can beat it this Saturday.

Nice find on the Hero Quest. Since reading about it I've been keeping an eye out for it! This weekend is going to be insane, there are 11 town-wide sales within an hour of me this weekend!

Man I remember creepy crawlers. I think I made about a million scorpions and put them everywhere. My parents definitely regretted getting me that.

You know, I have been researching prices on that halo green xbox, only because I want one really bad, but it seems like it honestly isn't worth much more than an original xbox. Its only worth more (maybe about $75-100) if its mint in the box with everything, obviously sealed in the box its worth a lot as are most old systems. Otherwise its worth like $40-50. I would think it would be worth more than that, but it really isn't. You also have to make sure you get the green controller and halo game with it.

bread's done
Back