Official 2015 CAG Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Gah who knew Morris and Woodhead would do so well this week. I had read Morris was going to do crappy since Cousins was playing. 

Yeldon/Murray/Martin did okay, but it would have been better to start Morris/Woodhead in one of their places for this week

Ugh I so should have switched Gore for Abdullah, which sadly enough I thought I had done and Fantasy cast had shown me as doing for a game and a half. Pretty disappointed when that changed before my eyes. Espn claims I never hit save. I claim they shouldn't let me switch between several screens and show a changed lineup if the changes haven't actually been saved.

Still pretty sure I wind up winning this matchup. Going in with a 28 point lead. He has 3 players left, I have two. One of players is White, the WR2 to my WR1 Julio. Basically as long as Demarco doesn't go off for 30 some points in ppr I should be alright.

Still kind of disappointing to watch 28 more points evaporate between Abdullah and Brown not actually being in my lineup. 56 point lead with Julio versus three players would have been even more comfortable. All I can say is Johnson better perform.

And I would just like to say to all the naysayers out there (not here necessarily I just want to rant) who laughed when I showed them that I had drafted the Broncos D, they came up big for me to the tune of 18. Just as many as my QB and more than Lynch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm winning 3 of my 4 match ups this week, and would have won the 4th if I had started Philip Rivers who threw for 404 yards over Peyton...

The only league that matters to me because I have money in it, I killed my match up... having Brady, Gronk, and Williams from Thursday helped immensely! 

Damn so many key injuries last night that I'm going to have to go reach in the waiver wire. Hilton, Bryant, Ellington. I was ready to sub in James Jones for Andre Johnson but since Hilton might be out for a few weeks I may have to keep him.

Just won my game by 1 point. Was down by 30 coming into tonight's PHI/ATL. Had Jones and Mathews. Thought it was over when Mathews got injured butbglad he came back. And Jones absolutely killed it tonight

Yeah, Jones really killed it tonight. And I was lucky enough to get him at #14. Definitely makes me comfortable heading into my last game with a 34 point lead where all my opponent has is a kicker and I still have a wide receiver. I figure what are the odds of getting 10 field goals and 4 extra points while my receiver gets nothing?

Thanks to Hyde and Jones I lost. Bradford and Mathews had a good game and I only lost by 30 pts and I would have beaten 6 other teams if I had played against them.

RB question for next week, based on Morris great PPR performance Im thinking of starting him against STL and Martin at NO. My flex spot is up in the air, Im thinking Yeldon but he's against Mia. Anyone have an opinion on him or Murray against Bal? We do get more points for first downs and Yeldon and Murrary are every down backs.

I never seem to have this problem with WRs. I just start the 3 I have J. Mathews, Jeffery, and Maclin and they do decent. I guess if I had been smart and grabbed a dominate RB1 that would have helped, too bad in a keeper league most of the good ones were gone. Stafford is my QB and Gronk in my TE. I have Matt Ryan as well so I may trade him

I had this problem last season with WRS too. I had Marshall/Jeffery/Mike Wallace/Roddy White and only two of them were pretty consistent. RBs were not great either count count on Gore/Morris to do good week to week. 

Sorry for the long rant

My gut says Murray. Baltimore is missing Suggs for the season which with impact how the line plays.

Looks like I needn't complain too much about my not saving my lineup changes. Even though Gore and Johnson wound up with a whopping 9 points between them and the players I thought I had in got 33, I still led the league in scoring on the strength of Julio and Stefarian-Jenkins. Over a third of my points between the two. Still hate Fantasycast for leading me on for a game and a half though.

I just saw that Julius Thomas was dropped. I already have Gronk and I don't really need a TE but I could pick him up and stash him for next season...

Here's some interesting data. http://www.borischen.co/2014/10/weekly-ppr-wr-tiers.html

If I go off this for PPR I should start Woodhead/L Murray/Doug Martin and bench Yeldon/Morris. But I also have to consider my leagues rules and getting more pts for first downs. In that case Yeldon/Morris are intriguing plays too

This is why I really need an RB1. Or better yet I should just stop over thinking this

So glad I was already up 50 and disn't need to depend on AP this week. Deandre Hopkins ftw.

So Its hard to say this, but I'm thinking about benching Brady this week even with how good he looked. They're going up against a tough Buffalo D, while I've got Tannehill against the Jags. Any thoughts??

So glad I was already up 50 and disn't need to depend on AP this week. Deandre Hopkins ftw.

So Its hard to say this, but I'm thinking about benching Brady this week even with how good he looked. They're going up against a tough Buffalo D, while I've got Tannehill against the Jags. Any thoughts??
Brady should do okay. Tannehill against the Jags is a good match up for Miami. I may lean toward Tannehill. Standard league or PPR?

In a bit of a bind at receiver... I have Dez bryant, Martavus Bryant, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, and I just picked up kendall wright.

Right now I am starting Evans and Wright, should I start Watkins, or pick up someone else?  

Options are Harvin, Funchess, Wheaton, Cruz, M.Floyd, or Travis Benjamin... any thoughts?

Thank God I am set at RB with 4 really good starters, once Bryant comes back from suspension I should be good with Evans and Bryant 

I personally like Rivers but it's gut call not statistical. I just don't trust Mariota just yet and Peyton worries me right now.

Someone dropped DeSean in my league. Even though I have Evans who is dealing with a hamstring and now Julio who might be doing the same throughout the year, I took a gamble and added him.

As long as the injury gods don't strike me down I should be able to make it until everyone is fully healthy or at least some semblance there of and then I have a loaded house. Got Jarvis Landry and John Brown to help pick up the load in the meantime if need be. Plus there is a decent amount of WR talent in the free agent pool if worse comes to worse.

Damn, Broncos may have given up the yards and points but between sacks, interceptions, fumbles recovered, and fumbles returned they still got me 20 points. Funny thing is my friends made fun of me when they saw Broncos D on my lineup.

18 points last week, 20 this week. Let em laugh. I'm happy with the pick.

Evans claims his hamstring is 100%. Depending on if he goes full in practice tomorrow, or reports are good I would definitely start him. I would probably give the slight edge to Woodhead over Bernard right now.

I think Woodhead will get more touches but Bernard may have a bit better matchup overall. I still look for Danny to get more points. Definitely in ppr even though both tend to be passing backs and it didn't show last week but mainly due to red zone opportunities in any league.

Damn, Broncos may have given up the yards and points but between sacks, interceptions, fumbles recovered, and fumbles returned they still got me 20 points. Funny thing is my friends made fun of me when they saw Broncos D on my lineup.

18 points last week, 20 this week. Let em laugh. I'm happy with the pick.
Yeah things weren't looking too good for me until about 30 seconds left. Im against Charles (fumble), I have the Broncos D (fr, td), and kicker (xp) all at once

Yeah things weren't looking too good for me until about 30 seconds left. Im against Charles (fumble), I have the Broncos D (fr, td), and kicker (xp) all at once
Sanders also put up 28 for you against me. Thankfully I put CJ Anderson on the bench. Hopefully Sankey and Ingram can do a little better than him.

So it sounds like Hilton's staus is still up in the air. I've got a question Jeffery and Jordan Mathews. Do I use Moncrief as my WR3 or do with Eric Decker?

Moncrief. Colts can't stop the run but they can smother the receiver. I still think Johnson commands enough respect that even with last week's game Revis will cover him part of the time. Plus ya know his QB I hear isn't half bad compared to the other guy's.

Moncrief. Colts can't stop the run but they can smother the receiver. I still think Johnson commands enough respect that even with last week's game Revis will cover him part of the time. Plus ya know his QB I hear isn't half bad compared to the other guy's.
Thanks for the advice sounds like Hilton might play. If Jeffery is out (game time decision) I guess I'll start Decker

Well you have 2 Colts cb confirmed as out since I posted that as well, so... things change, lol

Ellington is only out for a few weeks at this point. Bernard will probably be a more consistent performer but Johnson may have some sneaky potential for right now potentially paving the way for more playing time later. I would take Bernard though.

Crap Jeffery is out this game. Guess its time to use Decker but's a boom or bust. Really hope he gets a few catches

With Alfred Morris playing Seattle this week, going to end up using Tevin Coleman today. I don't like the idea of 3 starting Falcons in my starting lineup (the other two being Julio Jones and Matt Ryan), but figure it's better than what Morris may get me today.

One choice I'm undecided on. If Mike Evans is out today, considering putting in Seferian-Jenkins in at TE over Greg Olsen (PPR). If Evans is playing however, not sure which way I want to go.

Ugh, Evans is looking like he's being used as a distraction and I went back and forth on pulling him for Landry.

Edit: #1 That rat bastard Fuller just committed pass interference that cost me big points and #2 this Jaron Brown fella keeps confusing me and that touchdown had me excited for a second.

#3 80 yards. Eighty fuck ing yards in pass interference against defenders guarding John Brown. On 2 plays. At least one of which, a forty yarder, he definitely would have had. And we haven't made it past the second half. I feel a lot of cussing coming on if this continues, particularly as I am in ppr.

Damn, not sure Tannehill will be able to match Bradys points this week. My bench is going strong with Brady and Matt Jones on it. I should be able to squeak out a win this week though.

Thank God for Big Ben and Julio. I go in 55 up but he has 6 players left to my two. What scares me most is Romo, Lacey and the Dolphins Defense. I do have Lynch but my other is a kicker, Tucker. Here's to the Ravens getting a lot of field goals otherwise I think I am screwed.

Who knew Tampa would hold a lead and apparently the Vikings could both hold a lead and stop the run?

My main league comes down to the Jets D versus Andre Johnson.  Thanks a lot to the combo of Eddie Lacy and Jeremy Hill giving me a whopping 0 points out of my starting RB's, lol.

Really it looks like at this point due to injuries, my draft was solid enough that unless Lacey comes back there was literally no way for me to lose this week no matter what lineup my opponent or I set. Kinda feel bad to win that way.

Moncrief tore it up! Almost swapped him for Decker last minute

So next week if Jeffery is still banged up Im going Maclin, J. Mathews and Moncrief.

Now here is the RB question. According to this data 

http://www.borischen.co/2014/10/weekly-ppr-wr-tiers.html

I should roll with Woodhead at flex and Lats as my RB1. TJ Yeldon and Morris are both rated higher than Doug Martin. Yeldon goes up against NE which means Jags will be playing from behind.  Morris goes against NYG and Martin has Houston. Im kinda leaning toward Martin. Thoughts? This is PPR with 1st downs getting a boost in points

I don't know how the heck I have scored the most points in my league each of the last two weeks.  Each week I have had Evans go for 0 and yet am averaging 210 points each week.  However, my roster has been decimated by injuries already.  Dez, Coleman, Possibly Lamar Miller now.... I've had to reach deep.  Picked up Johnson from the Cardinals, and Benjamin from Cleveland to start this week, although with Manziel not starting I am a little down on Benjamin.

Have some RB issues this week. With Spiller still not healthy and Coleman out, my two slots are stuck between four guys. One will go to Lacy/Starks, but the other, I have Alfred Morris and Matt Jones. Leaning Jones, but looking for other opinions.

I don't know how the heck I have scored the most points in my league each of the last two weeks. Each week I have had Evans go for 0 and yet am averaging 210 points each week. However, my roster has been decimated by injuries already. Dez, Coleman, Possibly Lamar Miller now.... I've had to reach deep. Picked up Johnson from the Cardinals, and Benjamin from Cleveland to start this week, although with Manziel not starting I am a little down on Benjamin.
Averaging 210? How's your scoring? Cause either we all suck in my league or that is seems seriously high with a 0 scorer in the mix. A quick check shows no one breaking 150 in my league yet (1 ppr). I came close at 149 the first week and if you look at my bitching last week I thought I had more for a while but no where near 210 (fuck ing Fantasycast) Would have been 173.

Don't get me wrong I am hoping to push that later with a fully healthy roster but damn that seems like a lotta points.

Disclaimer: All of this is said from the perspective of a first year player. I do my research on players and watch too many games but I am still learning details like why someone who is #1 in their division but has a lower overall ranking has than a #2 in another division has a lower priority on the waiver wire but someone with a #2 in the original division but has a lower overall ranking than a number #3 in the other division has a higher priority.

Seems like they should both be higher or lower either based on seed or overall ranking or something. There must be something I am missing. I just don't get why they are separate cases.

bread's done
Back