Official 7.1 Wireless Stereo Headset announced

[quote name='smiggity']Any deals on these for Black Friday? I would love a pair at like 60[/QUOTE]

It's $75 at Kmart on Thanksgiving day. Maybe Amazon will have it on sale as well.

Does anyone know how to increase the output of the mic on the headset? My friend tells me I sound low, but never really got any complaints from any of the other people I play with, so I'm hoping it's just his crappy mic :p

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Does anyone know how to increase the output of the mic on the headset? My friend tells me I sound low, but never really got any complaints from any of the other people I play with, so I'm hoping it's just his crappy mic :p[/QUOTE]

I believe you have to do this in the actual PS 3 settings area Audio Device > chnage volume

Could be wrong though :/ ; on the headset there are sliders on the front (area above mic) and back (opposite side) Front changes how you hear others on Mic; back how the game music/BG music sounds; if the first suggestion does not work try messing with the Front slider.

PS everytime I see your name I always want to watch that movie. Quite possibly one of my favorite bands:applause:

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Does anyone know how to increase the output of the mic on the headset? My friend tells me I sound low, but never really got any complaints from any of the other people I play with, so I'm hoping it's just his crappy mic :p[/QUOTE]More than likely his mic, see below.

[quote name='bjstucker']I believe you have to do this in the actual PS 3 settings area Audio Device > chnage volume

Could be wrong though :/ ; on the headset there are sliders on the front (area above mic) and back (opposite side) Front changes how you hear others on Mic; back how the game music/BG music sounds; if the first suggestion does not work try messing with the Front slider. [/QUOTE]
The mic volume is not adjustable, try playing with the mic it's self, extending and retracting while in the audio settings. I run between a regular bluetooth set up and my wireless set without anybody complaining much.

[quote name='knightsdwn']It's $75 at Kmart on Thanksgiving day. Maybe Amazon will have it on sale as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Looks like I may have to wait until Christmas for it to hit 50-60

I have a problem using this on MW3. When I play with my friends, it's hard to balance the game sound and the voice chat. Is there anyway to fix it?

[quote name='shiro13']I have a problem using this on MW3. When I play with my friends, it's hard to balance the game sound and the voice chat. Is there anyway to fix it?[/QUOTE]

There is a separate chat slider. When I am playing with the 10 year olds I turn my voice chat all the way down.

You will have to play with it until you figure it out to your liking.

[quote name='jmbreci']There is a separate chat slider. When I am playing with the 10 year olds I turn my voice chat all the way down.

You will have to play with it until you figure it out to your liking.[/QUOTE]

Yea I know about the chat slider but the thing is that when I turn it up to hear my friends, the game volume fades away and it's hard to balance them out. I've been playing with both of the chat slider and sound slider but I can't seem to balance them out.

I'll try playing around with MW3 sound option and see if that would help.

[quote name='jmbreci']There is a separate chat slider. When I am playing with the 10 year olds I turn my voice chat all the way down.

You will have to play with it until you figure it out to your liking.[/QUOTE]
Motherfucker. I was wondering why/how voice chat got screwed up on my receiving end and never bothered to look for or read the instructions again. I just set the headset aside and figured I'd get to it later. Found the above slider... slider was set all the way up to sound instead of being in the middle position, which is why I couldn't hear any voice chat. At least my headset isn't glitchy, it's the damned end user being retarded.

Can you use the headset while it's charging through the USB connection to PS3?

Also, I know this works on PSN downloaded movies, but does it work on Blu Rays and Netflix streaming movies?

[quote name='monash65']Can you use the headset while it's charging through the USB connection to PS3?

Also, I know this works on PSN downloaded movies, but does it work on Blu Rays and Netflix streaming movies?[/QUOTE]
Can be used while it is charging through the USB, I've done it before. It should just hijack the audio to the bluetooth dongle, so there really should be no reason why it wouldn't work with Blus and Netflix but I have no first hand experience.

[quote name='Mad39er']Can be used while it is charging through the USB, I've done it before. It should just hijack the audio to the bluetooth dongle, so there really should be no reason why it wouldn't work with Blus and Netflix but I have no first hand experience.[/QUOTE]

The virtual surround sound only works for PS3 games. Everything else, including Bluray movies and applications, only outputs stereo in the headset.

[quote name='Buuhan1']The virtual surround sound only works for PS3 games. Everything else, including Bluray movies and applications, only outputs stereo in the headset.[/QUOTE]

It also works for music and downloaded movie files (ex. DIVXs)

So damn no deals for this guy in a long time. I should have just bought it at launch. Was kind of hoping Target would clearance them out but no luck. Ive actually been looking at the Amazon Warehouse site for a cheap pair

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']It also works for music and downloaded movie files (ex. DIVXs)[/QUOTE]

What about movies like VUDU? Or is it just the PS3 movie store where 7.1 works? Just curious....

[quote name='doubledown']What about movies like VUDU? Or is it just the PS3 movie store where 7.1 works? Just curious....[/QUOTE]

I don't have VUDU but simulated surround works for Netflix. I haven't tried it for any PSN movies, but from my experience it seems to work for anything that isn't a disc-based movie.

bread's done
Back