Official 99Gamers Thread

I have to say, I am not happy with the direction this site is going. It seems like the site is breaking in some way every day, which I could deal with in the past because the admins were pretty cool. However lately they've been showing signs of what made Goozex CS crap before that site's downfall. A near total lack of updates outside of the occasional response to a thread full of people complaining about it. And lately they have just been deleting threads en masse that have any hint of negativity, even if it's just constructive criticism or a joke, or hell people just asking questions about stuff they don't feel like talking about(like asking why the general discussion forums were removed)  the forums used to be a great little community, and unfortunately that isn't the case anymore.  

I agree (chris100185), things have died at 99gamers.com, just like Goozex.  I give them credit for trying to expand, but I think they tried too much too quick, and have killed the community.

I have 200+ coins and stuff is so overpriced I'll never cash out with anything i want.

I agree (chris100185), things have died at 99gamers.com, just like Goozex. I give them credit for trying to expand, but I think they tried too much too quick, and have killed the community.

I have 200+ coins and stuff is so overpriced I'll never cash out with anything i want.
This is so true, I managed to trade my last game just after xmas, and managed to grab Walking Dead Season 2, to cash out. Games started getting overpriced and staying that way for a long time, that it's just not worth it to deal with the hassle of trading.

Back before it took a major hit, it was amazing, I traded 26 or so games that I couldn't sell anywhere else, and got my wife a giant 3ds collection of all first party titles and a few games for myself.

This is so true, I managed to trade my last game just after xmas, and managed to grab Walking Dead Season 2, to cash out. Games started getting overpriced and staying that way for a long time, that it's just not worth it to deal with the hassle of trading.

Back before it took a major hit, it was amazing, I traded 26 or so games that I couldn't sell anywhere else, and got my wife a giant 3ds collection of all first party titles and a few games for myself.
i got around 300 coins and even if they crashed tonight i would still be on the plus side

whats up wiht

60 cions 48 cash

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree (chris100185), things have died at 99gamers.com, just like Goozex. I give them credit for trying to expand, but I think they tried too much too quick, and have killed the community.

I have sort of cashed out...I'll keep my balance around 50-75 for now....

Probably going to be cashing out myself. ugh. I hate it. VG5 was a little slice of awesome before the goozex owners decided to be sore losers and take it down with them. Now 99 is going down the tubes.

Are there any other good trading sites right now? 

Probably going to be cashing out myself. ugh. I hate it. VG5 was a little slice of awesome before the goozex owners decided to be sore losers and take it down with them. Now 99 is going down the tubes.

Are there any other good trading sites right now?
Cag which you probably use, Nintendoage, Facebook sometimes, Gametz, heard good and bad things about Leaptrade.

The site really feels like Goozex again. The expansion into non core items reminds me of the goozex exchange expansion. The clamp down on the forum for all except the "have faith, everything if fine" crowd has happend again. Now this 25% hit to the value of coins (1 coin/ $0.75) is just like the move goozex had to do when it more than doubled the celing price for games. Uncanny similar moves on both sites occured after inflation became an issue. Kinda  crazy in their similarity really.  All that's left is the funding from an investor being pulled and the site going down with everyones money. haha I don't think it will happen, but you never know. I guess I should be happy they forced me to spend down my huge balance from earlier this year.

Leaptrade has definitely picked up for me. It's not at the same volume as 99 but it's moving in a positive direction, while 99 may be going the opposite way. 

Check it out - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

Cag which you probably use, Nintendoage, Facebook sometimes, Gametz, heard good and bad things about Leaptrade.
leaptrade is a joke, 99% of the vets have left , i think the owner of the site are dumping games into the site or requesting games just to make it look like it has traffic. I been stuck with 40 bucks over there for 6 months . i see leaptrade folding way before 99

The site really feels like Goozex again. The expansion into non core items reminds me of the goozex exchange expansion. The clamp down on the forum for all except the "have faith, everything if fine" crowd has happend again. Now this 25% hit to the value of coins (1 coin/ $0.75) is just like the move goozex had to do when it more than doubled the celing price for games. Uncanny similar moves on both sites occured after inflation became an issue. Kinda crazy in their similarity really. All that's left is the funding from an investor being pulled and the site going down with everyones money. haha I don't think it will happen, but you never know. I guess I should be happy they forced me to spend down my huge balance from earlier this year.

Leaptrade has definitely picked up for me. It's not at the same volume as 99 but it's moving in a positive direction, while 99 may be going the opposite way.

Check it out - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3
I was going to pm you about dumping my coins on 99Gamers but recently I've picked up a few things cheap Im going to trade in at a few B&M stores. I'm going to keep my coin balance around 50-80 from here on out

I was following the 99gamers subreddit, but apparently the subreddit has been set to private.  There aren't many outlets left to discuss what is happening right now.

I was following the 99gamers subreddit, but apparently the subreddit has been set to private. There aren't many outlets left to discuss what is happening right now.
Which is exactly what they want. It's almost like they think preventing people from discussing the problems will make the problems go away. All it does is the opposite. The mind blowing thing is that these guys used to go to Goozex. They saw Goozex implode using the same policies that they themselves are now enacting.

The sad thing is that these guys seemed to have a good head on their shoulders when they first started and listened and interacted with the community. Ugh, TZ needs to come back and make a new site.

I get the complaint that people who had purchased coins previous to the drop should get more, but as far as it throwing off the economy, have the prices gone up 25% on average?  I see the crazy Amiibo listings or random crazy prices in the "Everything Else" category but for the most part when browsing "Recently added" prices seem normal. 

I get the complaint that people who had purchased coins previous to the drop should get more, but as far as it throwing off the economy, have the prices gone up 25% on average? I see the crazy Amiibo listings or random crazy prices in the "Everything Else" category but for the most part when browsing "Recently added" prices seem normal.
ive noticed this too. honestly, i think a lot of people haven't realized it or never bothered buying coins so they dont realize the value difference now.

And now the forums have been removed completely.
ya...some flags started going off a week ago when i couldn't find a way to get to the forums through the site itself, had to go through history. just sold 2 things putting me at over 50 coins so im probably gonna buy up a few games ive been eyeing for a while and not really mess with the site. it just feels like its getting risky to do any business on there anymore.

Eh,Trading on the site still seems to be active, and the actual customer service regarding trades still seems solid. I've looked at the other options as far as sites go, and none seem all too appealing. I'll still trade just at a significantly reduced capacity. At my height I had over 300 coins. I won't let it get that high again, that's for sure. 

Really sad to see the forums go away. It was a nice little community I went to semi often. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth with the site that they would do that to us just to prevent us from talking about the sites issues. Anyway, this begs the question, is it at all possible for a site like this to stay economically stable? I suppose without some way for coins to come out of circulation, inflation is inevitable. I always saw that as not too big of a deal with 99gamers, you buy higher but you also sell your games for higher so no big deal. But i guess the ones taking the biggest hit are the makers of the site, hence why they freak out and take drastic actions. it's a bummer, I have really liked using 99gamers and thought the guys who started it were initially doing well to avoid all this. It aint over yet... But sure seems like we're heading that way

Ugh. I saw this coming when my polite but critical posts were removed from the site. Sad though, I liked the forums there. To be honest, I had no idea about the valuation shift. 

They really need some better buyer FAQ's.  So tired of people bitching at me about trying to scam them because the tracking number doesn't show anything after an hour.   I've gotten 3 messages in 3 days that all end "Did you even send it?!?"

did you send it :)
I'd love to reply to them "No, After 800 transactions on this site, I've decided that you are the one person I wanted to screw over by not shipping the item and giving a fake tracking number". Instead, I just send them the Stamps transaction page showing the # is correct.

I'd love to reply to them "No, After 800 transactions on this site, I've decided that you are the one person I wanted to screw over by not shipping the item and giving a fake tracking number". Instead, I just send them the Stamps transaction page showing the # is correct.
i love it when the post office does not scan it after getting it...

Shows as scanned in and then nothing for days until the day its delivered. They keep going. The scan isnt moving and im like well go ask the post office why , i have no freaking clue why they are not scanning it. Im glad the price went down to ship but with 300 coins there is no reason to ship out anything

hopefully all of the people who accept ships if so  getting

Puzzle and dragons back

Fire emblem  3ds

mario party 3ds

as smart as  vita (only gave 5)

down to  160   so getting closer to  if they fold i would not care point

Didn't realize 99Gamers wasn't doing so well. With all the categories they added, I thought it was doing better. I did wonder why it added a real money listing though.

I've only used the site to buy/sell 10 games and 80% of the time I had no issues.  I'm surprised to see people holding onto 50-200 coins. That's a lot of money to lose if the site folds the next day. All I have at 99gamers is 1 coin. The most I'm willing to gamble is $20 worth of currency (I lost around $25 with Goozex).

I switch between CAG, and Leaptrade (where I have $5 in credit and a good record in trades) so I'm not worried. 

Didn't realize 99Gamers wasn't doing so well. With all the categories they added, I thought it was doing better. I did wonder why it added a real money listing though.

I've only used the site to buy/sell 10 games and 80% of the time I had no issues. I'm surprised to see people holding onto 50-200 coins. That's a lot of money to lose if the site folds the next day. All I have at 99gamers is 1 coin. The most I'm willing to gamble is $20 worth of currency (I lost around $25 with Goozex).

I switch between CAG, and Leaptrade (where I have $5 in credit and a good record in trades) so I'm not worried.
Aside from people having worries, why do you say 99g isn't doing so well? I've seen an uptick in trades, and there is a lot of new stuff being added constantly.
I will admit I'm taking a gamble, but I'm currently stockpiling coins to hopefully snag a PS4 or XBO

damn.  really does suck at the constant de-valuing of coins.  at this point im pretty much going through all the steam games on there and buying up the ones im interested in.  there are a lot of 1-3 dollar  games so your coins can go a long way.

dont know why people ever though a coin = 1 buck in the first place  trade wise..if you was stupid enought to pay for coins well that is your own fault 

Community has been pretty bad, where are you guys trading your games now? I'm trying to spend all my coins and move away from 99gamers!

I haven't used LeapTrade in a while, but it seems like there were never enough games listed. I also disliked the ability to use my own shipping label, we were forced to use an overpriced one printed from the site.

Eric in Nebraska

I haven't used LeapTrade in a while, but it seems like there were never enough games listed. I also disliked the ability to use my own shipping label, we were forced to use an overpriced one printed from the site.

Eric in Nebraska
i been sitting on 40 credit for the last 5+ months i think but still up

traded in shows how bad trade vaules drop

army for vita 30

little big vita 25

young justice 3ds 25 lol

ace combat 3ds 15

my reader something ds 25

got

mlb 14 vita

mario tennis what i sold for 35 as soon as i got it what paid for almost everything i sent in

dragon crown

rag ace

tok. age of demons

wow looking at account last time i got something OCT 14 2014

last time sent something april 15 2015

so its been a year since i ever got matched

I gave up on 99gamers. Sad to think 6-7 years ago Goozex was rocking, then we had the meltdown which brought VG5, then I switched over to 99g and wondered why I didn't use it sooner. Now it has crapped the bed too. I'm done doing online trading aside from this site, but I barely even do that anymore.

I'm still using the site, although traffic has died a lot, it seems. I pretty much only trade for 3DS and DS games. Was able to get Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, MySims Kingdom, and Epic Mickey 3DS in the past month. I check my wishlist many times a day to see if new things pop up. Prices have been inflated recently, but it all seems to be adjusting to a new point level for games. It's not too bad, and I'm getting used to it. Wish more people would come back. It really is a great system. I love being able to trade off 360 games for 3DS games much more easily than in other places. 

I just noticed a lot of items high sky rocket the past 2-3 weeks to the point it is almost unreasonable.  Like a month or 2 ago Dangonropna 2 was like 40-50 coin and now it is like wth 90 coin.    It come as a shock since a month ago i was able to get order 1886 and infamous second son for 30 coin each.  Decide it is almost time to jump ship since inflation like this is likely never going back down.  I  try to grab as much item that i have interest in.  Managed to grab killzone 4 for 15 coin, sleeping dog definitive edition steam for 14, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 vita for 27 and j star victory vs + for 59. 

I do miss goozex too, it was pretty good but it went downhill and now 99gamer is going through the same road as well.

I just noticed a lot of items high sky rocket the past 2-3 weeks to the point it is almost unreasonable. Like a month or 2 ago Dangonropna 2 was like 40-50 coin and now it is like wth 90 coin. It come as a shock since a month ago i was able to get order 1886 and infamous second son for 30 coin each. Decide it is almost time to jump ship since inflation like this is likely never going back down. I try to grab as much item that i have interest in. Managed to grab killzone 4 for 15 coin, sleeping dog definitive edition steam for 14, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 vita for 27 and j star victory vs + for 59.

I do miss goozex too, it was pretty good but it went downhill and now 99gamer is going through the same road as well.
ya 99gamers has been selling 25 coins for $10 a lot lately and as you'd expect, that would greatly change the value of coins to being worth less then $1

ya 99gamers has been selling 25 coins for $10 a lot lately and as you'd expect, that would greatly change the value of coins to being worth less then $1
last 3 matches i got the people go we ship out within 3 day , then they make up excuss why they did not ship and never ship nothing is done to them anymore so dont see a single reason to even support the site anymore stuck with 220 pts

Figures,  Finally find someone I can dump some coins on w/ GBA games and when he uploaded pics, i noticed all of them are fakes.  I sadly did not look at the pictures til after the item shipped, so it looks like i'll have to open some disputes. 

The other interesting thing is that the guy's profile page doesnt seem to exist anymore.  http://99gamers.com/9958587/feedback_games

bread's done
Back