Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
Trade in Games and Get an Extra $30 Toward Your Next Video Games Purchase (EXPIRES 08/31/09)
Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before August 31, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory purchase in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.
Details:
-To qualify for the $30 credit, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (July 19, 2009 - August 31, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than September 7, 2009 to qualify.
-In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.
-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Trade-in submissions not accepted and returned to you do not qualify for the promotion. Your trade-in submission could be returned to you if the items are damaged or non-working, incorrect items are included in your package, or accessories such as artwork or manuals are missing. Any submission postmarked later than 7 days after a mailing label is printed will be returned to you automatically. You should receive returned games within 14 days of receipt via the U.S. Postal Service.
-Qualifying customers will be emailed their coupon code within 10 days after their trade-in has been accepted.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code applies to the lowest priced qualifying item.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.
-Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
-No substitutions or rain checks.
-Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
-Tax, shipping, and handling charges may apply to all products.
-Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
-Void where prohibited.
-Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order.

Trade-In(s) of the Day
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - $16.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - $13.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00

If you have not used the previous trade-in deal coupon (50% off on a game or accessory), here is a list of big-ticket items that qualify (thanks to Japakneez):

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/26/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest USPS Post Office and mail it by (one week from submission of trade).

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

If you are concerned about the reliability of Media Mail, you may send the games yourself and pay for postage. The address to send the games is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

FAQ

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
USPS Media Mail

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
Yes. If you’re worried about your package, definitely take advantage of these shipping options. You’ll just have to pay a little extra to ship your games. NOTE: There have been cases where the post office doesn’t allow adding these options on prepaid shipping labels, but try anyway or go to a different post office.

I don't trust Media Mail. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson, MA 01749

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the trade-in deal?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Does the ECA discount stack with the trade-in deal coupon?
Yes.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NismoZZzz']Subtotal of Items: $149.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee:
-$0.00
Promotion Applied:
-$75.00
Promotion Applied:
-$15.00
Promotion Applied:
-$0.00
Total:
$59.99 Gift Cards: -$52.00
Total for this Order:
$7.99

Awesome deal, got the COD:MW2 Prestige Edition for $7.99 along with free release date delivery, not to mention the extra $10 you get in your account when the game ships! Practically got it for free! Woooo!

[/QUOTE]

Semi-new to pre-ordering with Amazon, so I'm curious as to how you got free release date delivery?

Shipping Method: Release-Date Delivery
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $149.99
Shipping & Handling: $5.98
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$75.00
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
------
Total before tax: $65.97
Estimated Tax: $4.62
------
Total: $70.59
Gift Cards: -$62.75
------
Total for this Order: $7.84

Darn tax, oh well, after the $10 promo I'll be in the - : ). Oh yah, btw, PS3 Prestige :)

Received confirmation of gc deposit Weds. morning (shipped Sat. afternoon). Received my code this morning (Sat. @ a bit before 4 a.m. it looks like). A week turn around time...not bad.

-veggielasagna

sent my stuff in on Wednesday, hoping to get them delivered by tuesday. Get my coupon by friday. Trying to be realistic seeing I'm in cali and I sent it to MA.

Got my 50% off coupon today at 4 AM. Took 2 days after credit, and about 9 days after I shipped out my games. Not bad at all, very satisfied.

[quote name='dualedge2']Semi-new to pre-ordering with Amazon, so I'm curious as to how you got free release date delivery?[/QUOTE]

It's free if you have Amazon Prime.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Got my 50% off coupon today at 4 AM. Took 2 days after credit, and about 9 days after I shipped out my games. Not bad at all, very satisfied.[/QUOTE]

Same here, mine came in this morning. I'm trying to decide between RockBand Beatles (which edition to get I don't know) and CoD:MW2 Prestige Edition...

Screw it, went for RB Beatles for $99 (before $53 in credit where I spent $53 getting the games to trade in). So 10% ECA discount and basically a free $125 GC to Amazon! FRICKIN' SWEET!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, just got my credit. $193.50 of a possible $201.75. They only didn't accept my copy of Pokemon Red for GB and Banjo-Kazooie for N64. They're both listed as damaged, so I'll let you know what, if anything, was wrong with them when I get them back. I can't wait to get my coupon now, as I want to order myself a set of X4s! :D

now I am going to have to take advantage of the current trade in promotion. I need a pair of X4's or Trittons. Haven't yet decided but I think I am going to have around $90 in trade plus the $30 extra. :)

I sent my games out Monday from PA and they received them Friday.

Still waiting on the 50% off coupon.

Oh, and they accepted an N64 game without the box or book.

My trade in was received but one of the games was returned. Everything I sent in was complete with box/manual, etc. This takes me under the $50 limit for the 50% off promo, so I'm basically getting screwed out of $20+ due to amazon's TIV's. Is there any way to dispute the issue with them and still get the 50% off coupon? This really sucks.

again it say they attempted to deliver and a notice was left. im getting pretty confident i am going to get screwed out of the deal

Hmm, been 5 days and still no coupon. Seems abnormally long compared to everyone elses situation.

Yet I just got the code from a package I sent 2 days after my first, which makes only 3 days...

[quote name='deathb10w']again it say they attempted to deliver and a notice was left. im getting pretty confident i am going to get screwed out of the deal[/QUOTE]
Did you use the pre-paid media mail slip? If not, you may have mailed it to the wrong address by accident.

[quote name='Darklighter']My trade in was received but one of the games was returned. Everything I sent in was complete with box/manual, etc. This takes me under the $50 limit for the 50% off promo, so I'm basically getting screwed out of $20+ due to amazon's TIV's. Is there any way to dispute the issue with them and still get the 50% off coupon? This really sucks.[/QUOTE]

You may want to contact Amazon and explain your situation. Some people in this thread mentioned they got the coupon by edging just under the $50 area by contacting them. It never hurts to try to ask.

They said that my Fallout 3 was cracked (still haven't gotten it back), and it took me all the way down to 28.50 trade in credit. I didn't get the 50% off coupon, but they gave me a $50 credit. That isn't worth as much as the coupon would have been (I was going to use it on a TE stick, so it would have been worth 75 to me) but it was still good enough to not keep me super pissed at them. Still, I will never use the trade in service again because of how they seemingly arbitrarily deny discs, and it seems to take forever to get them back.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Did you use the pre-paid media mail slip? If not, you may have mailed it to the wrong address by accident.[/QUOTE]
i mailed it priority but have my receipt and it was mailed to the right address:

NorAm Industries
43 Broad St, C403
Hudson, MA 01749

I sent 9 games in and last night they finally said they recieved some of them. They accepted PS3/360 games without the manual, but they said they didnt receive my copy of KOTOR. I called them and they are gonna call me back to fix it

[quote name='deathb10w']i mailed it priority but have my receipt and it was mailed to the right address:

NorAm Industries
43 Broad St, C403
Hudson, MA 01749[/QUOTE]

Hmm...Right Address, Wrong Name

NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

Not sure how that'll affect it, if at all.

Well, so much for the one per household limit on the 50% off coupon. On a whim I submitted a trade on my wife's account near the very end of the promo. I'm glad I did as she just got the promo code early this morning (trades were accepted Weds or Thurs). So I'm glad I went with that whim - also glad that I included enough that when they rejected a $10 DS game for not having a manual I still had enough to qualify for the promo.

Anyway, now to figure out what to use it on :whee:.

I already preordered Beatles Rock Band SE under my account. I could get the Ion drums but man, we already have 4 sets of drums in the house with another on the way. Does it work with both PS3 and 360? And also, how much is it to make it a full electronic drum set? My son has a set of real drums, but it would be nice to have the electronic ones too I guess for him and the other kids.

(Edit - looks like there are seperate ones for 360 and PS3. 360 is not in stock at Amazon anyway - available through J&R Music so I guess I can't get that anyway till Amazon gets more. The PS3 one is available with just ONE in stock right now :lol:).

[quote name='dualedge2']Hmm...Right Address, Wrong Name

NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

Not sure how that'll affect it, if at all.[/QUOTE]
I sent it to the Postage Due address and it got there just fine, got my credit and coupon.

hmm still waiting for the 50% coupon. But i don't see why I should use it on Prestige Edition. If I use it on Hardened Edition after ECA its 32$ (22 after the rebate thing).

Prestige would be. 60$ (50 after rebate) so I'm paying 22 dollars extra to get NVG?

i'm not sure if the NVG is it even worth it to me. Just takes up space. Anyone agree?

[quote name='j0ey0ey']hmm still waiting for the 50% coupon. But i don't see why I should use it on Prestige Edition. If I use it on Hardened Edition after ECA its 32$ (22 after the rebate thing).

Prestige would be. 60$ (50 after rebate) so I'm paying 22 dollars extra to get NVG?

i'm not sure if the NVG is it even worth it to me. Just takes up space. Anyone agree?[/QUOTE]

Yep, maybe fun for like 5 minutes.. then it'll just be a waste of space.

I see the NVGs as a novelty item that anybody who is a hardcore fan should get. If you want actually decent working goggles than look somewhere else, but if you just want to show your love for IW and MW than get the NVGs.

I'm personally buying them and just putting them on display in my room.

My apologies if this is not the right thread, but had anyone traded or sold their 50% off coupon code? I've got one and I'd like to dish it, but don't know the going rate or where to find a buyer.

[quote name='Aysion']I would sell it for around $65-95. Most big ticket items (X4 TB headphones, MW2 Prestige, RB: Beatles) are $150-250.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'll sell for $70 if anyone is interested, cash, Amazon credit, or PayPal, and if I get multiple offers I'll start a private auction, but I won't top $95 based on this post, so let me know if you are interested.

[quote name='Aysion']That sounds like a fair deal, but it is possible to sell it for 100-110...just look for someone on here who wants RB: Beatles.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone would buy it for that much. You would save $125 if you bought RB beatles. It doesn't work on the G25 without some customer service interaction. And those are the two biggest ticket items. The X4 is only $169.

Why risk

1) coupon not working
2) amazon thinking some shenanigans is going on

just to save $15?

If there are no bites, I'm thinking I could buy Beatles Rock Band and then do a return to Walmart to cash out? Does that make sense? Walmart seems like the only ones that will actually dole out some cash for the deal...maybe that's my best bet anyway. Who knows, I might be able to sell it if the demand is high, and bypass the hassle of a return.

I'll still listen to offers if anyone is interested, but I guess I've just talked myself into a backup plan.

[quote name='converse']If there are no bites, I'm thinking I could buy Beatles Rock Band and then do a return to Walmart to cash out? Does that make sense? Walmart seems like the only ones that will actually dole out some cash for the deal...maybe that's my best bet anyway. Who knows, I might be able to sell it if the demand is high, and bypass the hassle of a return.

I'll still listen to offers if anyone is interested, but I guess I've just talked myself into a backup plan.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's just illegal. And since you're that type of person, I wouldn't buy the code from you.

(And I fucking HATE walmart.)

[quote name='confoosious']Well, that's just illegal. And since you're that type of person, I wouldn't buy the code from you.[/QUOTE]

Returning a product without a receipt is illegal? I'm sorry, but I've done that numerous times over the years, many times when I had lost the receipt. If it's in their policy, I fail to see how it's illegal.

[quote name='converse']Returning a product without a receipt is illegal? I'm sorry, but I've done that numerous times over the years, many times when I had lost the receipt. If it's in their policy, I fail to see how it's illegal.[/QUOTE]

Because your returning an item that was not purchased from that store.....considered Fraud, all comes down to morals buddy, if you do it...no security will tackle you or anything though, do as you pleas.

[quote name='Poor2More'] all comes down to morals buddy, if you do it...no security will tackle you or anything though, do as you pleas.[/QUOTE]

Right. And if this guy will defraud walmart, who is to say he won't defraud a CAG with a fake code.

Quit advertising in here.

Just put your code on ebay. Let people know they can use it on Rock Band Beatles, Ion Drums, MW2, etc. You would be lucky to get $65.

[quote name='Poor2More']Because your returning an item that was not purchased from that store.....considered Fraud, all comes down to morals buddy, if you do it...no security will tackle you or anything though, do as you pleas.[/QUOTE]

I dispute whether or not it's even fraud, because the policy wouldn't allow for fraudulent activity. I think people throw legal terms around too loosely without understand the definition of the terms. I agree it is a moral question. I've legitimately returned merchandise that I had bought from a store but didn't have the merchandise...so how is that any more or less fraudulent? Is the intent fraudulent.

[quote name='confoosious']Right. And if this guy will defraud walmart, who is to say he won't defraud a CAG with a fake code.[/QUOTE]

Paranoid much? Gosh, ask a couple of questions and suddenly you are a criminal. I'm just trying to liquidate this coupon code as I don't have any value for it, sorry for trying to pass along some of the savings to a fellow CAG. Especially considering that I stated I wouldn't sell it more than $95 when you could get $125 in value out of it with Beatles Rock Band. I guess I will leave sleeping dogs be and not push it.

[quote name='converse']Returning a product without a receipt is illegal? I'm sorry, but I've done that numerous times over the years, many times when I had lost the receipt. If it's in their policy, I fail to see how it's illegal.[/QUOTE]

Your ignorance of its legality does not somehow make it legal. It's fraud, plain and simple, and also an impermissible topic here on CAG. Reported.

Edit: If you want to debate the legality, I'm happy to do so via PM. That being said, take it from an actual attorney: you're on the wrong side on this one.

[quote name='converse']If there are no bites, I'm thinking I could buy Beatles Rock Band and then do a return to Walmart to cash out? Does that make sense? Walmart seems like the only ones that will actually dole out some cash for the deal...maybe that's my best bet anyway. Who knows, I might be able to sell it if the demand is high, and bypass the hassle of a return.[/QUOTE]
That's actually a pretty good idea with the holiday season coming up. Best time to cash in would be just after Christmas, since they will no doubt not ask questions.

[quote name='converse']

Paranoid much? Gosh, ask a couple of questions and suddenly you are a criminal. I'm just trying to liquidate this coupon code as I don't have any value for it, sorry for trying to pass along some of the savings to a fellow CAG. Especially considering that I stated I wouldn't sell it more than $95 when you could get $125 in value out of it with Beatles Rock Band. I guess I will leave sleeping dogs be and not push it.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's not a matter of paranoia. I'm sure you'll be able to sell the coupon to somebody.

As a personal preference, I prefer not to deal with shady people with limited morals. I would think others wouldn't either.

I'll anticipate the next response you have, which in all likelihood is that you're only ripping off walmart, so what do I care. Well, I care because when people like you defraud retailers, they raise the prices on ME and other shoppers to offset your fraud.

[quote name='Jodou']I call BS; real attorneys don't have time for games. ;)[/QUOTE]

Check my GT and notice the last time I played something :(

Gah, its come to this huh. Returning a $250 item to walmart that you PLANNED on buying from amazon. That's low, and thats coming from a CAG who once went to 4 Blockbusters on a flipping rampage a year ago. Not only that but wouldn't your get the tax too if amazon didn't charge you for it? Even worse...

Buying and selling to another store is one thing, but buying and returning to another is fraud, and it was discussed a lot in the flipping thread a while back.

Dammit someone already ordered the Ps3 Ion. Now I have to wait. This sucks. This is horrible. I have no idea when they will be getting more in. Stuck with guitar for a few more weeks now. Sigh.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't think anyone would buy it for that much. You would save $125 if you bought RB beatles. It doesn't work on the G25 without some customer service interaction. And those are the two biggest ticket items. The X4 is only $169.

Why risk

1) coupon not working
2) amazon thinking some shenanigans is going on

just to save $15?[/QUOTE]

1) True, this could happen. But you can argue with the worst scenario in almost any situation.

2) I'm pretty sure the code is standalone, not linked to your account.

Also: Has it taken anyone more than 5 days after their package was credited to receive their coupon?

[quote name='Japakneez']MODS please delete pg.32

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Done ;).

And to clarify for those people no doubt confused by all this, there was some discussion of returning stuff from Amazon to Walmart for a no-receipt return. Talk of return fraud is one of the few things forbidden here on CAG (along with piracy and X-rated stuff).

[quote name='speedrunner17']Dammit someone already ordered the Ps3 Ion. Now I have to wait. This sucks. This is horrible. I have no idea when they will be getting more in. Stuck with guitar for a few more weeks now. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

I considered buying that earlier but passed. Oh well, they do say more are on the way. Does anyone know if you can just buy the 360 module if you get the PS3 version so you can use them on both systems? I assume the kits are the same except for the little plug-in module for the console compatibility. If those aren't too expensive I'd just get the other one to go along with it.

For now, though, I'll have to wait till one or the other comes back in stock. Or I need to figure out what else to use my second 50% coupon on. Any ideas? I'm not interested in that LE for whatever game that is that everyone talks about (prestige edition whoos-it).

I'd consider getting a fourth 360 controller since my kids are all into playing multiplayer with their friends now (mostly Star Wars Battlefront II interestingly enough). But then I realized I can probably use the $30 coupon on that (once I get one) which is a much better use of that coupon (and a waste of the 50% off one).

Speaking of which, has anyone gotten a $30 coupon yet? Does it work easily on any video game item?

OK, pretty sure I know the answer to this, but how do they process the 50% coupon? I.E. I'm looking to lock in a Prestige edition to flip later on unless something better comes up by the 31st and I'd like to reassure myself that the coupon will still be valid if I need to cancel. I'm assuming the coupon is processed for the first order that ships with it applied. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back