Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
Trade in Games and Get an Extra $30 Toward Your Next Video Games Purchase (EXPIRES 08/31/09)
Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before August 31, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory purchase in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.
Details:
-To qualify for the $30 credit, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (July 19, 2009 - August 31, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than September 7, 2009 to qualify.
-In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.
-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Trade-in submissions not accepted and returned to you do not qualify for the promotion. Your trade-in submission could be returned to you if the items are damaged or non-working, incorrect items are included in your package, or accessories such as artwork or manuals are missing. Any submission postmarked later than 7 days after a mailing label is printed will be returned to you automatically. You should receive returned games within 14 days of receipt via the U.S. Postal Service.
-Qualifying customers will be emailed their coupon code within 10 days after their trade-in has been accepted.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code applies to the lowest priced qualifying item.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.
-Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
-No substitutions or rain checks.
-Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
-Tax, shipping, and handling charges may apply to all products.
-Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
-Void where prohibited.
-Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order.

Trade-In(s) of the Day
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - $16.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - $13.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00

If you have not used the previous trade-in deal coupon (50% off on a game or accessory), here is a list of big-ticket items that qualify (thanks to Japakneez):

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/26/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest USPS Post Office and mail it by (one week from submission of trade).

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

If you are concerned about the reliability of Media Mail, you may send the games yourself and pay for postage. The address to send the games is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

FAQ

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
USPS Media Mail

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
Yes. If you’re worried about your package, definitely take advantage of these shipping options. You’ll just have to pay a little extra to ship your games. NOTE: There have been cases where the post office doesn’t allow adding these options on prepaid shipping labels, but try anyway or go to a different post office.

I don't trust Media Mail. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson, MA 01749

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the trade-in deal?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Does the ECA discount stack with the trade-in deal coupon?
Yes.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='antitravolta']Gulp...just got my first code. The thing that makes me nervous is I had 3 trades accepted last Friday and I only received 1 code this morning. The language is pretty darn clear in the terms of service that this should work multiple times. Hopefully they're just running slow getting the codes out.[/QUOTE]

Replying to my own post as I figured out what happened. They put all 3 codes in the same e-mail separated by commas. The language doesn't give any hint that there are 3 codes there, but the unusually long code I guess gave it away so I did get 3 codes and all is well with this deal. Madden for $11.29 after $10 gift card is taken out. Realistically, once you figure out the money I made on the flip, I probably paid about $9. Gotta love that.

Somebody had asked earlier in the thread if you can buy multiple items to get to the $30 off. I can confirm that this works. I ordered a case for my PSP, a case for the UMDs and God of War Chains of Olympus. It took $30 off the total plus ECA to bring the total to $2.37.

Just to confirm, because I'm getting paranoid, when should I expect to receive noticed of my 50% off toward a purchase code from the previous promotion?

I received an email yesterday morning informing me that my trade-in was accepted, but no mentioning of the 50% off code.

Thank You!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Just to confirm, because I'm getting paranoid, when should I expect to receive noticed of my 50% off toward a purchase code from the previous promotion?

I received an email yesterday morning informing me that my trade-in was accepted, but no mentioning of the 50% off code.

Thank You![/QUOTE]
Mine took three days.

New Trade in deal of the day is an Gameboy Advance game. Has anybody sent these in before without a case and manual. I only have the cartridge.

I think they are more lenient with the older games not having the case and manual but there's still a chance that they'll send it back.

[quote name='Noxious Games']New Trade in deal of the day is an Gameboy Advance game. Has anybody sent these in before without a case and manual. I only have the cartridge.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too since some of my local Gamestops have the game, obviously used, and obviously neither with case nor manual. It would be 17.99+tax ->24.00, so a pretty good flip as far as these things go.

Doing some searching (duh), I see that people have had success with cartridge-only GBA games, but I suppose the other lesson is that these amazon trade-in folks are pretty darn inconsistent.

So I finally got my game back from NorAm that was rejected due to being "cracked". Well, it does indeed have a crack right near the center hole (I have no idea if that hole has a name) in the disc. It is almost certainly due to removing it from the case, but i have no idea if I did it when I owned it (even though I think I literally took it out of its case twice) or they did it just being rough when checking the disc. There is obviously no way to know, since I don't remember actually looking closely at the center of the disc prior to shipping it.

So, conclusion? I have no idea if the disc was cracked when I sent it out or not. But at least the game had real damage and a real reason to reject it. It would suck if they were the ones that cracked it, but again, no way to tell.

[quote name='Yaboosh']So I finally got my game back from NorAm that was rejected due to being "cracked". Well, it does indeed have a crack right near the center hole (I have no idea if that hole has a name) in the disc. It is almost certainly due to removing it from the case, but i have no idea if I did it when I owned it (even though I think I literally took it out of its case twice) or they did it just being rough when checking the disc. There is obviously no way to know, since I don't remember actually looking closely at the center of the disc prior to shipping it.

So, conclusion? I have no idea if the disc was cracked when I sent it out or not. But at least the game had real damage and a real reason to reject it. It would suck if they were the ones that cracked it, but again, no way to tell.[/QUOTE]

I remember when I bought 2 COD4's from Blockbuster and didnt check. One was cracked in the middle like you explained, and the other pieces had broken off from the middle. I traded them to GS and the guy checked them, but didn't notice or care. I got credit with no refurb fees. I guess I got lucky. It sucks that your disc is messed up though.

I received my 50% code today from Amazon. The games were sent in via media mail last Tuesday, so 1 week total for them to receive the games, process my credit and e-mail the coupon. Not bad.

Well, got my 50% off code a little bit ago, and went ahead and ordered my Turtle Beach X4s. Cost me $76.77 with overnight shipping (they'll be here tomorrow yay!) after 50% off code and ECA 10%. One neat thing I noticed is that the 50% off code also took 50% off of shipping, as the normally $10 overnight only added on an extra $5.

Item(s) Subtotal: $166.99
Shipping & Handling: $9.98
Promotion Applied: -$83.50
Promotion Applied: -$16.70
-----
Total Before Tax: $76.77
Sales tax: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $76.77
-----
Total for this Shipment: $0.00

[quote name='crunchewy']OT: Whatever happened to the Wii version of the Ion? Were plans for that dropped?[/QUOTE]

I think it comes out later this year. GS has it listed for $200.

so they finally received my order. i shipped from norcal last monday and got the credit today. one of my games i was afraid they wouldnt accept because it was pretty scratched up and even some of the label on top chipped off. it was nba 2k9 for the ps3. so maybe they don't check as much for ps3 games since its suppose to be scratch resistance? now code waiting time

Sent my games in July 18 using the provided Media Mail shipping label. The games were received and all accepted one week later, on the 25th. And today I received the 50% off code, the 28th.

Sent mine via the Media Mail label on Thursday, and I received notification that they were accepted today. Not too bad a turnaround.

Are the turnaround times on the extra $30 in credit about the same as the 50% off coupon? 2-3 days?

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Sent mine via the Media Mail label on Thursday, and I received notification that they were accepted today. Not too bad a turnaround.

Are the turnaround times on the extra $30 in credit about the same as the 50% off coupon? 2-3 days?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the turnaround's the same. I got my codes today for my order that was accepted on Friday. I had another order accepted yesterday. I'm hoping to see that code tomorrow. We'll see.

[quote name='jkircos']I was not giving up I am just pissed with amazon or whoever does the trade ins. I will complain everyday to different customer service and call in order to get that code. I can't see how the psp game us cracked. I went to gamestop the day that the games value went up to 20 and checked everything. I even swapped the game our because of a sticker.[/QUOTE]

When people say "F this!" that's usually a sign of them giving up.

However, I am glad you are not giving up. I, myself, have a shipment that should've reached NorAm some 15 days ago (it's been almost 30 days now) and I will see if they do anything about it, in a few more days.

Anyone interested in a $75 off game console coupon (Amazon)? I'm planning on using it on the PSP Go, but would sell it for the right price if someone is interested. Just PM me.

If you have already used the 50% off coupon but the item is a preorder, can you cancel the order and use the 50% off coupon on something else? I'm thinking about changing my order, but don't want to risk losing the coupon.

[quote name='Jagernaut']If you have already used the 50% off coupon but the item is a preorder, can you cancel the order and use the 50% off coupon on something else? I'm thinking about changing my order, but don't want to risk losing the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think I've seen a couple previous posts say yes. This one might qualify to be added to the FAQ.

I'm a little worried about people not getting multiple $30 coupons. I have 2 on the way and at least 2 more packages ready to go out soon. While they'd all still be worth trading in, I'd probably save some of the games for Gamestop (where they would get more with the 40% promo) if I'm not getting more than one $30 coupon. I'll hold off mailing my next one for as long as possible (though I think I have to ship it tomorrow at the latest).

But it will definitely effect whether I go through with my SF IV/Animal Crossing/Excitebots trade-in...

In the mean time, I had a small non-coupon submission accepted and credited today. I think I sent that in on the 20th or so, so pretty typical West coast shipment time (8 days).

[quote name='io']I'm a little worried about people not getting multiple $30 coupons. I have 2 on the way and at least 2 more packages ready to go out soon. While they'd all still be worth trading in, I'd probably save some of the games for Gamestop (where they would get more with the 40% promo) if I'm not getting more than one $30 coupon. I'll hold off mailing my next one for as long as possible (though I think I have to ship it tomorrow at the latest).

But it will definitely effect whether I go through with my SF IV/Animal Crossing/Excitebots trade-in...

In the mean time, I had a small non-coupon submission accepted and credited today. I think I sent that in on the 20th or so, so pretty typical West coast shipment time (8 days).[/QUOTE]

I had 3 orders accepted last Friday that I got codes for this morning. They all worked and all have been used. I have quite a few more orders in. Nothing to be worried about. One thing to be cautious of is that the coupons were all listed one after another separated by commas, but the text made it sound like it was one code. Just a heads-up.

[quote name='antitravolta']I had 3 orders accepted last Friday that I got codes for this morning. They all worked and all have been used. I have quite a few more orders in. Nothing to be worried about. One thing to be cautious of is that the coupons were all listed one after another separated by commas, but the text made it sound like it was one code. Just a heads-up.[/QUOTE]

Oh, see, I read your post last night and I thought you said you only got one code for 3 packages sent in. That was most of the basis for my worry (if you updated or posted again I didn't read it I guess. Edit - Ah, I see it now - you posted your update right after I went to bed ;)).

Anyway, thanks!

[quote name='io']Oh, see, I read your post last night and I thought you said you only got one code for 3 packages sent in. That was most of the basis for my worry (if you updated or posted again I didn't read it I guess. Edit - Ah, I see it now - you posted your update right after I went to bed ;)).

Anyway, thanks![/QUOTE]

What time do you go to bed? I did that post about 7:15 this morning.

[quote name='antitravolta']What time do you go to bed? I did that post about 7:15 this morning.[/QUOTE]

I'm usually up till 4 or 5 (Pacific) ;).

[quote name='io']I'm usually up till 4 or 5 (Pacific) ;).[/QUOTE]

I remember those days. These days, I look like :drool: the next day if I'm up late.

A bit unrelated, but I remember some people were wondering about this.

I've been asking about the DJ Hero Special Edition about once every 2 weeks on their facebook page, and I just got this message from Activision's/DJ Hero's marketing intern on facebook:

Get excited. There is something you've been waiting for coming tomorrow! I can't wait to share the news!
-DJ Hero

So yeah, get those 50% off codes ready tomorrow.

[quote name='J7.']Found the answer to my question, Goldbox includes all 4 of those listings. I wonder which one is where people usually "get" things into their goldbox though.

Don't know, but this will supposedly tell you how http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/10/the-gold-box-trick/[/QUOTE]

That trick would not work for me, but maybe I should wait til tomorrow to see. Yes that would make sense.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']A bit unrelated, but I remember some people were wondering about this.

I've been asking about the DJ Hero Special Edition about once every 2 weeks on their facebook page, and I just got this message from Activision's/DJ Hero's marketing intern on facebook:

Get excited. There is something you've been waiting for coming tomorrow! I can't wait to share the news!
-DJ Hero

So yeah, get those 50% off codes ready tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
o i was waiting for this as well, but i might just buy the regular version

Got my 50% code today. I bought 3 copies of brothers in arms used for $8.50 at gamestop for 360 and sent in my copy of prototype. BIA traded in for $9.50 a pop, used it to order mw2 prestige with release day shipping and covered the difference with GC's. Realized I already had an additional $10 promo gc used on it in addition to all the gc I had, AND I'm getting a $10 gc back due to the current promo.

fuckin awesome.

I called my local gamestops and found 2 copies of FFIV for gba and locked in a trade in deal tonight, now I need to make sure they're complete and pray it works if theyre not.

still have not received my 50% code! What can I do? HELP!!! Placed order on the 15th, received credit on the 22nd but no code!

[quote name='ohboy10451']still have not received my 50% code! What can I do? HELP!!! Placed order on the 15th, received credit on the 22nd but no code![/QUOTE]
I'd recommend you email or call Amazon and ask them about it. I know you're supposed to give it up to 10 days after you receive your credit for the coupon though.

Uhm question cause I'm like super confused or close to freaking out. I printed out the shipping label and everything (about 4th trade in I've done in past few months) and did everything normal. I went into USPS and had delivery confirmation for them and I just got an email showing that it's been delivered already and I was like whoa that's fast because usually it takes me 5 days but it only took 2.

My packages seemed to have ended up in GILROY, CA 95020 instead of MA... WTF ?

[quote name='DrAndonuts']A bit unrelated, but I remember some people were wondering about this.

-DJ Hero

So yeah, get those 50% off codes ready tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Keep us updated. I still need to figure out what to use my 2nd 50% coupon on :)

Well, I just used my 50% on a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel to be paired with my G25 (boy I'm running out of space).

Pretty good deal. Coupled with the 10% it drops down to 43.99 shipped. Not to mention, there's a $20 rebate you can fill out and a 50% off mag subscription if needed.

There's no clutch or H shifter, but no games really use this. And I hear the Force Feedback is similar if not identical to the G25. The only other difference is more plastic versus the metal on the G25. But who cares anyway, metal isn't really going to make it that much more realistic. Plus there's a PS button on the wheel whereas the G25 does not.

Ouch. Some games took a rather large hit price wise. In my case it was Endless Ocean and Singstar Pop Vol. 2.

[quote name='iPhone']Ouch. Some games took a rather large hit price wise. In my case it was Endless Ocean and Singstar Pop Vol. 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Endless Ocean has been bouncing up and down for a while. I locked it in at $11.25 last week after it dropped from the previous week and then a few days ago it went up to $16.50. Stupidly, I didn't lock it in again and now it is down to $12. That's still better than what I was about to trade it for but knowing that it bounced up to $16.50 makes it hard to send in for just $12. I'll probably wait and see if it comes back - it's not like that's readily available from a clearance or sale or something so there shouldn't be tons of them traded in.

:shock:

I almost freaked out tonight... I have a submission that needs to be postmarked by July 29th - no problem, right? Well, except for the fact that they change the status to "Ship deadline has passed" the very minute the last eligible day starts. This is clearly an error and they should allow you to edit or at least reprint the label on that last day. The problem I had was that I hadn't edited my submission (to delete a few extra things I threw in there but decided to keep). No big deal, eh? I'll just send it in without those and they will just note that in the trade and give me less credit. Well, yeah, except that I didn't print the label when I submitted because I knew I'd probably change it.

So here's a tip for you all. I was pretty panicked as I had opened some games I wouldn't otherwise want to keep (and could have returned) before I realized I couldn't reprint the label. But then I decided to look through my browser history and much to my relief I was able to find (and load) old label printing pages from weeks back. Then the panic returned as it seemed like I could find every submission I made except the one I needed (I ended up cancelling many of the others - I haven't done that many yet ;)). But then I realized the URL's were all the same for the label printing - the only difference being the trade-in transaction ID at the end.

So, here's the tip: should this happen to you (not printing the label till the very last eligible mailing day) you can simply load up any label (or create a new one if you don't have any open orders) and then just copy the transaction ID over the last part of the URL. It was a huge relief when I saw those games pop up on the packing slip. Several of them had dropped considerably since I originally submitted them. I was considering sending via priority mail with just a print out of the trade-in confirmation email. But that would have been expensive and taking a big risk - I'm relieved I was able to recover the label and, more importantly, the packing slip with the bar code and all.

There is still a slight risk since I didn't send in everything on the order, but I remember a CAG posting a trade-in confirmation that had "not included" (or something to that effect) next to a few of his games and he still had enough for the promo and got the code. So hopefully I'm OK there (I made sure it was just over $60 anyway). I did include a note saying that I decided to keep a few of the games (so they wouldn't feel like maybe they got lost/stolen). Of course normally I would edit the trade before printing the label but I couldn't do that (and certainly didn't want to risk messing with the URLs there as there'd be a good chance I'd get lower trade-in values on the resubmission if it is even possible).

[quote name='io']:shock:

I almost freaked out tonight... I have a submission that needs to be postmarked by July 29th - no problem, right? Well, except for the fact that they change the status to "Ship deadline has passed" the very minute the last eligible day starts. This is clearly an error and they should allow you to edit or at least reprint the label on that last day. The problem I had was that I hadn't edited my submission (to delete a few extra things I threw in there but decided to keep). No big deal, eh? I'll just send it in without those and they will just note that in the trade and give me less credit. Well, yeah, except that I didn't print the label when I submitted because I knew I'd probably change it.

So here's a tip for you all. I was pretty panicked as I had opened some games I wouldn't otherwise want to keep (and could have returned) before I realized I couldn't reprint the label. But then I decided to look through my browser history and much to my relief I was able to find (and load) old label printing pages from weeks back. Then the panic returned as it seemed like I could find every submission I made except the one I needed (I ended up cancelling many of the others - I haven't done that many yet ;)). But then I realized the URL's were all the same for the label printing - the only difference being the trade-in transaction ID at the end.

So, here's the tip: should this happen to you (not printing the label till the very last eligible mailing day) you can simply load up any label (or create a new one if you don't have any open orders) and then just copy the transaction ID over the last part of the URL. It was a huge relief when I saw those games pop up on the packing slip. Several of them had dropped considerably since I originally submitted them. I was considering sending via priority mail with just a print out of the trade-in confirmation email. But that would have been expensive and taking a big risk - I'm relieved I was able to recover the label and, more importantly, the packing slip with the bar code and all.

There is still a slight risk since I didn't send in everything on the order, but I remember a CAG posting a trade-in confirmation that had "not included" (or something to that effect) next to a few of his games and he still had enough for the promo and got the code. So hopefully I'm OK there (I made sure it was just over $60 anyway). I did include a note saying that I decided to keep a few of the games (so they wouldn't feel like maybe they got lost/stolen). Of course normally I would edit the trade before printing the label but I couldn't do that (and certainly didn't want to risk messing with the URLs there as there'd be a good chance I'd get lower trade-in values on the resubmission if it is even possible).[/QUOTE]

Interesting bit of info. I think its FAQ-worthy.

I hate that they change the status to "Ship deadline has passed" the very minute the last eligible day starts.I didn't send in my first order because of this. I also had the flu and didn't feel like going to the post office. But when I saw "Ship deadline has passed" when it hadn't passed i said screw it.

Last week I mailed two packages with delivery confirmation on each. I mailed the two boxes at the same time, but they've only delivered one of them. I got the giftcard for that one already and the other one hasn't even been delivered yet (according to USPS.com and amazon). Does this normally happen with media mail? it makes no sense. I'm afraid the box is lost somewhere on some delivery truck.

So I'm trying to be more aggressive in finding good flips. Given CAG itself is the ultimate resource for it, I'm still having some trouble, but I find leads for what can help.

Currently, these 2 threads are going on as many know:

GS/EB 20% off used ps2 games coupon
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231618

Gamestaq used deals
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232093

So far, only thing I saw that might be a "decent" flip is Fallout 3 for 360 selling at $22 on gamestaq and trading in at $25 on amazon. Anyone else know any other profitable flips that can be done through this or other promos going on right now?

9th day and no coupon. Called CS and told them about my problem two days ago and they said I would get an e-mail yesterday. This is really starting to get annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back