CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent in 2 copies of Dinosaur King with 2 different trade in values. The one that traded in for $100+ got sent back as damaged. The one at $61 just got accepted.

I still have 3 games not accepted that got in on Thursday and another 3 to send in tomorrow, Im hoping they get accepted. I havent had any problems yet, although the recent comments make me a little worried.

2 of my last 4 trades (all 2 game trades) have been 1 accepted, 1 "damaged". Without fail (for me at least) a drop in TIV means at least 1 rejection.

Talk about a rock drop - AC2: BH for PS3 went from $33-->$31.50-->$23.50 all in the same day. I locked in at $33 but I have a fear that they'll reject it for sure as "damaged"

Ok guys so here is what Noram is doing with over-valued trades....

1- Throw the case on the floor
2- Step on it
3- Put a damaged sticker on it and send it back
4- No profit for you!

[quote name='Japakneez']Ok guys so here is what Noram is doing with over-valued trades....

1- Throw the case on the floor
2- Step on it
3- Put a damaged sticker on it and send it back
4- No profit for you![/QUOTE]

Sometimes they feel nice and just return it with a "wrong item" sticker.

I dont really think NorAm is not taking a trade because of value, i think they might be doing it because of the quality of what they receive.. I have traded over 150+ games with them and have only had 1 game sent back (Wii Party).. I sent it back to them and they accepted it the second time.. I also sent them a couple of copies COD Black Ops for 43.25 each and they accepted all of them last week..
I also could be a little bias because they accepted my Lets Draw for 189.00.. :)

I'm just joking around. I've had 4 rejections that I can remember.

Two were for damaged cases. I don't know where or when they were damaged. One was for a cracked disc...which was clearly Noram mishandling my disc. And the remaining rejection was for wrong item. That one was a known risk since their listing had the wrong company name.

[quote name='mitemouse']I dont really think NorAm is not taking a trade because of value, i think they might be doing it because of the quality of what they receive.. [/QUOTE]

trust me- my game was like new-barely played it-everything included-case/artwork/manual/ scratch free disc-wrapped it up in bubble mailer-and put a small piece of bubble mailer inside to protect it yet it arrived damaged. yet 2 dvds in the same package unprotected were accepted for a cheap price.

that's why i think its a B.S move on their part.

but i wouldn't advice against trading with them as i still will-good trades and they pay promptly-just an irritating hiccup on my trade which i will have to have them fix.

nor am has rejected at least one of my games in everything i have sent them, and i always get my credit anyways, just complain to them you will get your money

[quote name='bredbu']nor am has rejected at least one of my games in everything i have sent them, and i always get my credit anyways, just complain to them you will get your money[/QUOTE]

Yup-they just gave me my credit--talked to a very cool guy-
for future reference e mails seem to suck-they get you no where-but they did come in handy when i went on chat and explained my side of the story and how i had spent some time trying to resolve this problem trough e-mails to no avail-

dude was like "oh ok. sorry bout that--the game does say damaged-but im going to issue the $39 anyway-the game may be sent back to you.
I said no, just inform Noram that they can keep as its the right thing to do-he gave me my credit-- i said thanks and that was it

edit--just saw he gave me the $39 to me as Video game credit only-Stupid Motherfucker--nah its all good i buy games all the time anyway-im just happy he helped

I have a feeling my trade, which was 2 of the same game and 1 other, both TIV drops might get canceled. Although the stories of people being able to get their money back does make me feel a little better about it all. Hopefully all goes well.

welp sent off left 4 dead 2 and donkey kong country returns today, hopefully it doesn't get rejected , i need some credit for dead space 2

all this talk about rejected games concerns me... I've done 1 trade over a year ago and it went smoothly (they took mario party 8 without the manual) It seems as if they are more strict now or at least more shady...

[quote name='Nintendokid54']all this talk about rejected games concerns me... I've done 1 trade over a year ago and it went smoothly (they took mario party 8 without the manual) It seems as if they are more strict now or at least more shady...[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. Newbies are just being paranoid. Read 1st post, send it complete, and pack your games well so damage won't occur during shipping.

They are sloppy, but do not reject trades based on TIV unless it was a clear mistake.

Trade of the day: Heavy Rain for 30?
No, silly Amazon, you've got it backwards.
I give you 30 and you give me Heavy Rain.

I sent in a whole bunch of packages before Christmas and 3 of them all items (2-5 in each one) accepted on Monday. So, yeah, it does work sometimes ;). We'll see how the rest go before I give my final verdict though.

I also sent in a few guides for the first time last week. They were all the correct ISBN and all in pretty much like new condition, so I expect that to go smoothly as well. 5 guides for $50+ was just too hard to pass up even though I might poissibly have gotten more for them from eBay or been able to trade them here. But in the former case there's always the potential hassle of a collector not being happy with some sticker residue or a tiny crease or something, and as for the latter, well, sorry, I'd rather have Amazon credit than more games/guides I don't need (back in a trade) ;).

[quote name='theking20']welp sent off left 4 dead 2 and donkey kong country returns today, hopefully it doesn't get rejected , i need some credit for dead space 2[/QUOTE]

Forgive the total side track, but I just started paying attention to media for dead space 2. holy cow that thing looks damn cool. I still need to find time to play the first one, but it definitely just jumped to the top of the list.

My first package was just accepted, still waiting for the second. But the first one wasn't packaged as well as the second, so I assume that one will go smoothly, too.

[quote name='Japakneez']Don't worry about it. Newbies are just being paranoid. Read 1st post, send it complete, and pack your games well so damage won't occur during shipping.

They are sloppy, but do not reject trades based on TIV unless it was a clear mistake.[/QUOTE]

I take a little bit of offense to this. I am by no means a newbie when it comes to trading in or flipping. I actually purchased a 46" TV from amazon last xmas entirely purchased with flipping trade in credit. Perhaps some people are to blame for the "damaged" rejections and perhaps some of the packages are damaged in transit. Having said that, my only rejections over the course of more than a year have come in connection with TIV drops.

I shipped off a package with 3 games in it on Dec. 20 from Austin, TX to Noram. A few days ago its delivery date on the tracker was rescheduled to Dec. 29, no biggie. Now I check it today, and my package has experienced an exception for "adverse weather conditions."

Apparently it's in Chelmsford, MA which is just outside Hudson, NH. My ship deadline has passed and UPS isn't giving me any sort of estimated delivery date anymore. Any suggestions? Should I be worried that my box jumped off a truck and is under a foot of snow or some shit?

Edit: Just checked the weather in both cities and it's clear and sunny, below freezing a bit. Oh noes!

Finally got my credit for MLB 2K10. I was a bit scared because there were extremely light scratches on the game but they still accepted it anyways! Awesome.

[quote name='handsomepete']Forgive the total side track, but I just started paying attention to media for dead space 2. holy cow that thing looks damn cool. I still need to find time to play the first one, but it definitely just jumped to the top of the list.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bsmiff']I shipped off a package with 3 games in it on Dec. 20 from Austin, TX to Noram. A few days ago its delivery date on the tracker was rescheduled to Dec. 29, no biggie. Now I check it today, and my package has experienced an exception for "adverse weather conditions."

Apparently it's in Chelmsford, MA which is just outside Hudson, NH. My ship deadline has passed and UPS isn't giving me any sort of estimated delivery date anymore. Any suggestions? Should I be worried that my box jumped off a truck and is under a foot of snow or some shit?

Edit: Just checked the weather in both cities and it's clear and sunny, below freezing a bit. Oh noes![/QUOTE]

I have a friend in Chelmsford and they got 18 inches of snow.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I have a friend in Chelmsford and they got 18 inches of snow.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. Here's hoping it melts soon--I need a stinkin' cover for my Kindle!

And now the second one has been accepted, except for the DS. That one still has the "Not yet received" status. Do handhelds take longer to approve than games? Should I be worried?

Lol, I traded in a used Xbox 360 S + Kinect + Halo Reach, Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures and 2 controllers. I kinda stuffed them all in a box together and foam wrapped them inside the original Xbox box with gorilla tape. I didn't expect them to accept it but they did! ;D

[quote name='bgame2']I take a little bit of offense to this. I am by no means a newbie when it comes to trading in or flipping. I actually purchased a 46" TV from amazon last xmas entirely purchased with flipping trade in credit. Perhaps some people are to blame for the "damaged" rejections and perhaps some of the packages are damaged in transit. Having said that, my only rejections over the course of more than a year have come in connection with TIV drops.[/QUOTE]

I suspect the truth of all this is somewhere in between. I think noram is probably a bit shady and we have plenty of anecdotal evidence to show that. Probably causing just as many problems are how the business is run and some underpaid employees who have no incentive to go out of their way to help you (or who just don't care).

nonetheless, this still continues to be one of the better trading alternatives available today with an incredibly low hassle threshold. it sucks that noram has gotten worse, promo bonuses are gone, the tiv setting script on amazon.com is being gamed, etc etc. If it would help the thread signal to noise ratio of noram bashing I'll gladly put a disclaimer/warning about these issues in the faq outlining them in light detail.

sorry to usurp your post for my little soapbox bgame2.

[quote name='handsomepete']I suspect the truth of all this is somewhere in between. [/QUOTE]

Bingo. I think Noram is shady to just say "wrong item" when they clearly just f'ed up with a high TIV. They need to just say "sorry, we messed up, here's your game back."

However, a lot of stupidity on the part of traders also contributes to things getting rejected. Duh, don't you think it raises a red flag when you send in 3 SEALED copies of a game like enslaved. WTF. Open that shit first. Someone mentioned to me once that the people with the most rejections are the people with the most flips. Just a numbers game? Coincidence? Or are they smart enough to look at accounts and say "this person has sent us batches of sealed games at once.... hmmm"

I had one game damaged and returned to me. Pain in the ass since I knew I sent it in mint. But what can you do. Noram kinda sucks but people killed gazelle, which was a much better alternative before they dropped the max TIV to $25.

Of course the idiots who sent 20 games sealed to gazelle don't think they had anything to do with it. :roll:

Well, I just got off customer support chat, and they are listed as "not received", according to their records. The person who was helping me said that they'll have to investigate. Since the DS was the highest valued item, and took extra care to package it, I hope they find it or figure out what the heck is going on.

EDIT: That was quick. Everything's gone through now. Yay!

[quote name='Japakneez']Don't worry about it. Newbies are just being paranoid. Read 1st post, send it complete, and pack your games well so damage won't occur during shipping.

They are sloppy, but do not reject trades based on TIV unless it was a clear mistake.[/QUOTE]

They can and do reject trades based on made up reasons.

If you trade with them you have to be willing to accept the fact that they may reject your trade even if everything is complete and packaged well. You also have to take into account that the value of your item may drop while you're waiting for your item to be rejected and returned.

I doubt I am going to do anymore trades with them as it is impossible to tell if everything will go through smoothly even if you send in like new complete items in a box of bubble wrap.

I spoke too soon of course. No sooner do I post that everything is going well, then I get a rejection on 1 item (out of 5 sent) as "Damaged". That is BS, of course - and it wasn't on a particularly highly (or overly) valued game or anything. So sometimes it is just random.

[quote name='confoosious']Bingo. I think Noram is shady to just say "wrong item" when they clearly just f'ed up with a high TIV. They need to just say "sorry, we messed up, here's your game back."

I had one game damaged and returned to me. Pain in the ass since I knew I sent it in mint. But what can you do. Noram kinda sucks but people killed gazelle, which was a much better alternative before they dropped the max TIV to $25.

Of course the idiots who sent 20 games sealed to gazelle don't think they had anything to do with it. :roll:[/QUOTE]

damn confoosious is a wise man indeed-agree %100

[quote name='realwords']Lol, I traded in a used Xbox 360 S + Kinect + Halo Reach, Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures and 2 controllers. I kinda stuffed them all in a box together and foam wrapped them inside the original Xbox box with gorilla tape. I didn't expect them to accept it but they did! ;D[/QUOTE]

Why would you even trade it in? Trade values for consoles are absolutely terrible and you could've sold that package online or locally for much more. Heck, I would've bought that Kinect off you for $100-110 alone.

My $12 trade for dragonage in perfect condition was rejected due to damage. The TIV was $10.75 at the time of rejection. Yup, its because of the TIV :roll:

edit: Sorry. I've read every page of this thread and I'm completely annoyed with this latest trend of paranoid posts.

[quote name='Japakneez']My $12 trade for dragonage in perfect condition was rejected due to damage. The TIV was $10.75 at the time of rejection. Yup, its because of the TIV :roll:

edit: Sorry. I've read every page of this thread and I'm completely annoyed with this latest trend of paranoid posts.[/QUOTE]

It's not paranoia when it actually happens.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']It's not paranoia when it actually happens.[/QUOTE]

Because the TIV has dropped? Give me a break. In that case get ready for a storm of rejection posts due to Amazon adjusting their TIVs to compete with gamestops latest promo.

If you had read the last 20 pages of this thread you will see that most posts from people worried about TIV rejections are CAGs with little to no Noram trading experience at all. Put it together from there and read my prior posts on this BS.

well i think i am gonna cancel that $365 value for that cheerleading wii game lol
the snow storm ruined my chance of getting it from a far gamestop and i didn't feel like gambling

would have been awesome if i got it

meh i got rejected when i sent in two perfect condition halo reach for $40 a couple months back, you can get rejected for anything, so paranoia is expected

[quote name='Japakneez']Because the TIV has dropped? Give me a break. In that case get ready for a storm of rejection posts due to Amazon adjusting their TIVs to compete with gamestops latest promo.

If you had read the last 20 pages of this thread you will see that most posts from people worried about TIV rejections are CAGs with little to no Noram trading experience at all. Put it together from there and read my prior posts on this BS.[/QUOTE]

I have actually traded with Noram previously and did not have a problem until last week. They first claimed it was the wrong item, then claimed it was due to excess quantity and then that the item was damaged. I got through to Amazon and they made it right, but the point is, I believe based on my experience and my coversations with Amazon that Noram is engaged in a pattern of fraud with regard to trade-ins. If the trade value drops significantly or there is a glitch with an inflated trade value, they will mark the items as incorrect or damaged. Dozens of people on here have posted the same experience, as well as around the net. You can choose to believe it or not, but the fact is that people have had it happen recently as is clear from the other posts in this thread. As such, I would say trading in with Noram is at your own risk.

while bitching on an internet forum about something is admittedly fun, does anyone have any productive suggestions on how to get amazon to do something about noram's tomfoolery? complaining to customer service doesn't seem to be doing much to change the situation.

[quote name='handsomepete']while bitching on an internet forum about something is admittedly fun, does anyone have any productive suggestions on how to get amazon to do something about noram's tomfoolery? complaining to customer service doesn't seem to be doing much to change the situation.[/QUOTE]

Request every CAG'r that believes they are a victim of Fraud to have Name AND Evidence ready showing that they are a victim of this TIV "Fraud". Alert Amazon and the Internet Crime Complaint Center of this thread and the intention to file complaint.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

That's just it though - it's your word against theirs, and they reserve the right to reject any and all trades as they see fit. We're all trying to play the system by buying up cheap games and turning a profit, and now we get mad because they try and protect themselves by not buying ex-rentals or crap games that nobody wants.

yeah Noram doesn't make mistakes people just like to complain.
just like people complain about gamestop-i know cuz I've bought about 10-15 used games this year and nope not one problem. So people must be full of B.S

Go hastings is also perfect not one wrong item sent-or a canceled $1 game while being charged full price for the other 2 again people are just lying trying to freak others out.
No bullshit I'm being totally honest about this- (i had one problem with go hastings but that's cuz someone stold my package)-but they made it right-but that wasn't their fault.

but the heres the thing just cuz nothing bad has happened to me doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just like Noram just cuz nothing has happened to you guys saying its all B.S doesn't mean that I or others are lying.

I for once will keep trading with them-cuz it was one mistake. They have great trade in values, pay promptly, and you can count on Amazon to make thing right if shit goes wrong.By the way, I have been trading games to Noram for a little over a year-so i know what they are looking for in trades and I know how to properly package a game. They just dropped the ball on my trade. That it plain and simple.

[quote name='JJSP']That's just it though - it's your word against theirs, and they reserve the right to reject any and all trades as they see fit. We're all trying to play the system by buying up cheap games and turning a profit, and now we get mad because they try and protect themselves by not buying ex-rentals or crap games that nobody wants.[/QUOTE]

Without getting into this in any detail, they still have an obligation to act in good faith even if they can reject the trade for any reason. Their is an implication/obligation that the reason will be a good faith reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back