CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, first problem so far. I sent in a few games last week, and the tracking shows the box got there on the 29th. Yesterday, all of the games were credited but one, when I shipped them all in the same box. I've heard that chat seems to be more effective than e-mail, anyone have any recent success?

[quote name='NickNorman']Alright, first problem so far. I sent in a few games last week, and the tracking shows the box got there on the 29th. Yesterday, all of the games were credited but one, when I shipped them all in the same box. I've heard that chat seems to be more effective than e-mail, anyone have any recent success?[/QUOTE]
Did you do multiple trade ins in a single box or was it all on a single trade in? I sent in multiples in a single box and finally got credited from Amazon after arguing for 3 weeks. Huge pain in the ass..but if yours was a single trade in (all on one trade slip) at least you have good evidence they received it.

For anybody that hadn't print out their shipping label yet for games that they locked in, you should be aware that the printing label link is only available for 7 days. I'm 2 days late on my ACB TIV and I hadn't gotten around to printing my label till just now and now Amazon won't let me do it anymore replacing the previous "Print shipping label" with "Shipping Deadline has passed"

So basically print out your shipping label as soon as you lock in your TIVs.

[quote name='Donut2922']For anybody that hadn't print out their shipping label yet for games that they locked in, you should be aware that the printing label link is only available for 7 days. I'm 2 days late on my ACB TIV and I hadn't gotten around to printing my label till just now and now Amazon won't let me do it anymore replacing the previous "Print shipping label" with "Shipping Deadline has passed"

So basically print out your shipping label as soon as you lock in your TIVs.[/QUOTE]

You can still print them. Just copy/paste the trade # of the trade you can't print a label for into an active trade link.

[quote name='Donut2922']For anybody that hadn't print out their shipping label yet for games that they locked in, you should be aware that the printing label link is only available for 7 days. I'm 2 days late on my ACB TIV and I hadn't gotten around to printing my label till just now and now Amazon won't let me do it anymore replacing the previous "Print shipping label" with "Shipping Deadline has passed"

So basically print out your shipping label as soon as you lock in your TIVs.[/QUOTE]

Not true. If you read the OP's post you can figure out how to get the print out. It requires clicking on something and replacing it with something else.

I tried to trade in my Modnation Racers but I'm getting an error where the UPS prepaid label should be. ""Sorry, there was a problem Try again to print shipping label."

I canceled the order and re-submitted and got the error again. If I choose to pay the shipping, will I get reimbursed for the shipping? I've only used the prepaid option, never had a problem before. Had to get the error on the trade in of the day, so I cant try again tomorrow.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I tried to trade in my Modnation Racers but I'm getting an error where the UPS prepaid label should be. ""Sorry, there was a problem Try again to print shipping label."

I canceled the order and re-submitted and got the error again. If I choose to pay the shipping, will I get reimbursed for the shipping? I've only used the prepaid option, never had a problem before. Had to get the error on the trade in of the day, so I cant try again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

try explaining to amazon customer service before doing anything and they might reimburse the shipping. as a rule they do not though.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I tried to trade in my Modnation Racers but I'm getting an error where the UPS prepaid label should be. ""Sorry, there was a problem Try again to print shipping label."

I canceled the order and re-submitted and got the error again. If I choose to pay the shipping, will I get reimbursed for the shipping? I've only used the prepaid option, never had a problem before. Had to get the error on the trade in of the day, so I cant try again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. What I did was go to the trade in account and click print shipping label. Then you will get the error UPS label can't print. At the bottom of the error message it says try again. Just click on try again and it should work.

I can't believe the TIV of the PS3 Slim 160Gb is $0.50.
moz-screenshot.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.jpg

[quote name='handsomepete']try explaining to amazon customer service before doing anything and they might reimburse the shipping. as a rule they do not though.[/QUOTE]

All is good now, guess waiting a couple hours was what it took for the label to show up in my account. :)

[quote name='ploppsdman']You can still print them. Just copy/paste the trade # of the trade you can't print a label for into an active trade link.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nas6034']Not true. If you read the OP's post you can figure out how to get the print out. It requires clicking on something and replacing it with something else.[/QUOTE]

My bad - It's been a long time since I read the OP so I didn't remember. Shame on me - thanks guys.:booty:

Just boxed up my copy of Heavy Rain from the DotD last week and I got a bad feeling.

Are they going to reject the OG release of the game just because the new ones have the Move branding on them? I'm pretty sure the sku is the same.

I have a question about the credit that Amazon gives you. Is it unlimited or does it expire after a few months? If so, how long is it valid?

[quote name='Havok83']I have a question about the credit that Amazon gives you. Is it unlimited or does it expire after a few months? If so, how long is it valid?[/QUOTE]

yeah watch out cuz it does expire ---right after you use it-

no but really-- it won't go away until you use it up-

it will not expire on its own like some amazon promotional credit=think of it more like a gift card balance.

Amazon makes no sense, some times. I sent 3x GoW and 3x PS3 Dantes inferno in the same package (an amazon box) and the 3x GoW (one of which had a slightly busted case) were accepted while the 3x Dante's Inferno were "Return - Damaged"

Should be interesting to see how "damaged" they come back, lol

I sent in 2 Bioshock 2 360 and noted where I keep track of my trade-ins that these two in particular were in "perfect condition". They are returning one as "damaged" :roll:.

dyeknom - Looks like maybe we had a "winning" crew on duty this morning... I have 2 other trade-ins they got last Weds or Thurs that haven't even been checked in yet.

I see now that they return them UPS instead of USPS like they used to. So that means instead of getting them back in a few days it now takes the same 9 days that it takes to get there. Wondeful... I've never been one to complain to Amazon to get the whole trade-in value back (I've asked in the past for the difference between what it was when I locked it in and what it was when I got it back), but I think I will this time. This is getting ridiculous.

[quote name='io']I sent in 2 Bioshock 2 360 and noted where I keep track of my trade-ins that these two in particular were in "perfect condition". They are returning one as "damaged" :roll:.

dyeknom - Looks like maybe we had a "winning" crew on duty this morning... I have 2 other trade-ins they got last Weds or Thurs that haven't even been checked in yet.

I see now that they return them UPS instead of USPS like they used to. So that means instead of getting them back in a few days it now takes the same 9 days that it takes to get there. Wondeful... I've never been one to complain to Amazon to get the whole trade-in value back (I've asked in the past for the difference between what it was when I locked it in and what it was when I got it back), but I think I will this time. This is getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Whats even funnier is that I sent in a second box with it, both were received within seconds of each other and it has yet to be checked in too. Of course, those were xbox 360 UFC games... so I expect them to get returned as well. The person checking them in must have had a shitty weekend. I dont know if I will even bother arguing with them over it, I need to see what kind of condition they come back to me in before I do.

A few weeks back, when they had the PS3 version of RDR as the deal of the day, I sent in my copy and it was rejected as "No Disc" (which doubles as "damaged"). I got the disc back the same day I was going to send in some other stuff. It clearly wasn't the same game I mailed them. there was a lot of bizarre damage to the box, etc.

Anyway- i peeled off their stickers and added it to the order I was sending in that day and they took it without any issue. Granted- i lost $5 on it. The whole thing was silly.

I was down to my 6th and final trade in today without any incorrect items or damaged nonsense. And, of all things, a God of War 3 got rejected as Damaged. Multiple 360 games without any problems. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

All but one of my damage rejections was for a cracked case. They suck. Thats why i joked around about them stepping on cases :rofl:

And for the TIV paranoia crew...those games probably only dropped $1 or $2. Yes they reject for $1 TIV drops omg!

[quote name='nbballard']A few weeks back, when they had the PS3 version of RDR as the deal of the day, I sent in my copy and it was rejected as "No Disc" (which doubles as "damaged"). I got the disc back the same day I was going to send in some other stuff. It clearly wasn't the same game I mailed them. there was a lot of bizarre damage to the box, etc.

Anyway- i peeled off their stickers and added it to the order I was sending in that day and they took it without any issue. Granted- i lost $5 on it. The whole thing was silly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah one of my past rejections didn't look like the same game i sent in. I usually buy my games in "mint" condition but the one i got back looked "good" only.

All these trade in's to Amazon is liking opening up the mystery box in Zombie mode of Black Ops. You never know if you're gonna come up snake eyes :)

Well, two of the games from one of my earlier trade got rejected as damage. Funny as it was the package that got stuck in Colorado for almost a week.

Edit: Wow, damaged art work and manual.:roll: Anyone know how to get a "cool" customer service?

got a random rejection today also for "damage". otherwise my other five games were accepted no problem with their high tivs.

today I sent in a pristine copy of test drive unlimited :psp: that I locked in for ~$34. the disk is perfect, case is perfect, art and manual are perfect. it'll be interesting to see if it's honored or marked incorrect/damaged/whatever.

They came through with the rest of my trade-ins later in the morning (after I went to sleep ;)). Everything else got accepted. So I don't think my 2 rejections over the last week+ (out of several games sent in) had anything to do with trade-in values. However, one has dropped from $12 to $6.50 and the other from $12.75 to $6.25 so those are way more significant than "$1 or $2" drops, Japakneez - thus I don't rule it out entirely as a motive. I also know that there was nothing wrong with either one, so it is either that or just more random BS.

Rejected one copy of UFC 2010 from amazon. Sent them a great condition case and disc, get a scratched as hell one with a partially crushed case back. Good job, amazon.

The other 12 or so games I sent in had no problems but I'm still annoyed. They did this with a copy of CoD4 before too.

[quote name='jer7583']Rejected one copy of UFC 2010 from amazon. Sent them a great condition case and disc, get a scratched as hell one with a partially crushed case back. Good job, amazon.

The other 12 or so games I sent in had no problems but I'm still annoyed. They did this with a copy of CoD4 before too.[/QUOTE]

How the hell are you getting them back so quickly? I'm still waiting on one back from a rejection from like the 23rd of Dec. It took them 6 days to drop it back in the mail and then it went via UPS so that means several more days. I'll be curious to see what they send me back. It almost sounds like they have a pile of crappy condition games that they just swap out every so often with a legitimate trade-in.

I sent some games in today along with a picture of my games to show their condition (plus a note saying that I have kept a copy of the picture in case they decide to send me some fucked up games).

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I sent some games in today along with a picture of my games to show their condition (plus a note saying that I have kept a copy of the picture in case they decide to send me some fucked up games).[/QUOTE]

thats just ASKING for trouble. The employee checking in the games is definitely gonna step on them.

[quote name='Japakneez']Request every CAG'r that believes they are a victim of Fraud to have Name AND Evidence ready showing that they are a victim of this TIV "Fraud". Alert Amazon and the Internet Crime Complaint Center of this thread and the intention to file complaint.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx[/QUOTE]

Quoting a post I made last week. Noram is clearly a piece of shit. The rejections are going to continue unless you guys do something about it. Emails to amazon won't stop it. Its time to step up!

I do not believe they are committing TIV Fraud. I just said that because of the posts I have read here from CAG'ers calling it that. But if you believe so then back up what you say instead of just taking it. I'm calling you guys out!

For the rest of us with problems...Noram sending back broken games/cases is not cool. That is not the game you sent them and they can be reported for that. Get on it.

[quote name='Japakneez']Quoting a post I made last week. Noram is clearly a piece of shit. The rejections are going to continue unless you guys do something about it. Emails to amazon won't stop it. Its time to step up!

I do not believe they are committing TIV Fraud. I just said that because of the posts I have read here from CAG'ers calling it that. But if you believe so then back up what you say instead of just taking it. I'm calling you guys out!

For the rest of us with problems...Noram sending back broken games/cases is not cool. That is not the game you sent them and they can be reported for that. Get on it.[/QUOTE]

I just sent some brand new games, with pictures indicating how they were shipped and their condition. If my games are rejected and returned in a manner that does not match up with how they were shipped, I will look into taking legal action.

For the jackass who posted earlier about people not knowing about the law, I'm a 3L at a top 5 law school, I know what I'm doing.

i think the scale at which nor-am is pulling this crap is pretty amazing! they must know they will get caught eventually. Anyone want to invest in some spy cams and attach them to your video game cases. Only with the super high value's though

I'm sure you're a fine fine law student. If NorAM rejects your games and screws you, would you have yourself as a client?

Look man, the vast majority of trade ins go without a hitch. Does it suck when it happens to you? Yes. But if I was the monkey checking in the games and some jackass implied/said/whatever that there'd be hell to pay if they got their games rejected and had photographic proof of condition of games, the first thing I'd do is step on them and then reject them. Then put a wrong item sticker on the front and missing upc over the back. Then rub the cases against my balls before sending them back to you.

You have photographic proof? bring it. Your word against mine that the photos weren't taken, package sealed, and then you stepped on them and then repackaged them. You're a law student? OK. We got lawyers too. Since I'm a $8/hr employee, it's not even my headache. In fact, it's probably something me and the fellas in receiving will get a good chuckle out of.

I just got a game rejected today. It's not that big of a deal.

does your custom title apply to yourself because thats without a doubt the stupidest thing ive ever read on this board. Its one thing to reject your games and send them back with whatever lame excuse they want, but to damage YOUR property is another thing. Until they accept the games they are YOUR PROPERTY and as far as I know, you cant just go around breaking shit for shits and giggles. You need to stop defending that sort of actons.

I am going to take irish advice and include a note sayibng that the conditions of my games has been documented and they better not break them again and if they do so, i will sue them for breaking my property.

[quote name='ComfortablyNumb']does your custom title apply to yourself because thats without a doubt the stupidest thing ive ever read on this board. Its one thing to reject your games and send them back with whatever lame excuse they want, but to damage YOUR property is another thing. Until they accept the games they are YOUR PROPERTY and as far as I know, you cant just go around breaking shit for shits and giggles. You need to stop defending that sort of actons.[/QUOTE]

:roll: Dear god, did you read the thread or only my post?

I'm not defending it. I'm saying that's what a bored kid would do if you did some high handed shit like send photos of your games. Youre basically challenging them to a pissing contest and they have nothing to lose.

You ever been a bored high schooler/college student? Or if you dropped out after 8th grade, ever see the movie Waiting?

---

As for the guides, there are very few guides worth anything. Most guides they don't even take in trade.

Prima's Viva Piñata 2 guide is worth $14.xx. I picked up three of them for a penny months ago at Blockbuster. Works for me, along with the $3.50 for the vanilla Fallout 3 guide I've had laying on my shelf for months.

You said if YOU were the employee checking the items in. So that means to me, that you find their actions acceptable and how did you put it, games get rejected, its not a big deal. That whole post is nothing but defending the actions. So if you dont condone them, who cares what irish and others say or do about noram/amazon. Let them do what they want to do and let them say what they want to say. Dont go around making sarcastic and hypocritical comments like you do.

sure thing tough guy. But the fact is that I'm not a minimum wage monkey working at NorAm after school lets out. Get it?

How about: If i were a gangbanger, I'd shoot up the whole place. Does that mean I condone gangbangers traveling to Nashua NH and shooting up the whole place?????

Condone: I don't think that word means what you think it means.

edit: for some reason resident evil 5 is trading in higher than RE5 Gold. Good for people looking to upgrade via Target clearance.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm sure you're a fine fine law student. If NorAM rejects your games and screws you, would you have yourself as a client?

Look man, the vast majority of trade ins go without a hitch. Does it suck when it happens to you? Yes. But if I was the monkey checking in the games and some jackass implied/said/whatever that there'd be hell to pay if they got their games rejected and had photographic proof of condition of games, the first thing I'd do is step on them and then reject them. Then put a wrong item sticker on the front and missing upc over the back. Then rub the cases against my balls before sending them back to you.

You have photographic proof? bring it. Your word against mine that the photos weren't taken, package sealed, and then you stepped on them and then repackaged them. You're a law student? OK. We got lawyers too. Since I'm a $8/hr employee, it's not even my headache. In fact, it's probably something me and the fellas in receiving will get a good chuckle out of.

I just got a game rejected today. It's not that big of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Your word against mine that the photos weren't taken? How does that fly when I took a video of myself putting the photos into my box as I packaged it at the UPS Store. Gonna be hard for Nor-Am to deny that given my video evidence and if necessary the video from the security camera inside the UPS Store.

The big deal is their destruction of property, a simple rejection isn't the end of the world but when I send a game in mint condition and have it sent back and it looks like a sander was put to the bottom of my PS3 disk I have an issue.

I'm going into Criminal Law so I would not be having myself as a client, but I know a dozen or so practicing attorneys who live off of cases such as that.

yeah i don't know--I can see a young employee opening a game with a pic and a letter threatening to sue them-if they send them back a damaged game--and be like WTF- show his fellow worker the pic and note n say something like "look at this shit-can you beleive this guy"and just put return disc damaged sticker on it just to be a dick-- i don't think they would break thought.

but at the same time i see nothing wrong with showing proof that you've got proof of what you sent-better safe than sorry-so who knows.

as for my rejected damaged Black Ops--i had already posted that the case came back a bit beat up-but the game and manual were perfect. So i still have no idea why they rejected it as damaged.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']
The big deal is their destruction of property, a simple rejection isn't the end of the world but when I send a game in mint condition and have it sent back and it looks like a sander was put to the bottom of my PS3 disk I have an issue.

[/QUOTE]

yeah this was my problem thinking i was going to get back a broken/cracked disc-or at the very least a cracked case with fucked up art work-

that would have been totally fucking wrong-as i sent them in something perfect and they send me back crap-basically destroying my property.

im hoping your still waiting for game and that they indeed haven;t send you anything back in that bad of a condition cuz that would be a B.S move on their part.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Your word against mine that the photos weren't taken? How does that fly when I took a video of myself putting the photos into my box as I packaged it at the UPS Store. Gonna be hard for Nor-Am to deny that given my video evidence and if necessary the video from the security camera inside the UPS Store.

I'm going into Criminal Law so I would not be having myself as a client, but I know a dozen or so practicing attorneys who live off of cases such as that.[/QUOTE]

If you could do that in one continuous take, you might have something. But, then they'd just shrug and say "must have been damaged during shipping".

Seriously man, isn't this just a bit much?

[quote name='youenvy']yeah i don't know--I can see a young employee opening a game with a pic and a letter threatening to sue them-if they send them back a damaged game--and be like WTF- show his fellow worker the pic and note n say something like "look at this shit-can you beleive this guy"and just put return disc damaged sticker on it just to be a dick-- i don't think they would break thought.
[/QUOTE]

youenvy has got this exactly right. "can you believe this guy? fuck this. Oh look.... crack...Look, the inner ring is cracked. Must have been cracked during shipping. Not our problem. Hold on a second, let me throw in a pube before we return it."

You see what I'm saying here? Your over the top evidence procedure might be fun for Chris Hanson but this is a video game trade in. You think it's ever gonna get to the EVIDENCE PRESENTATION stage of it? Of course not.

You'll call amazon. At some point, one of the CSRs will give you money just to get you off the phone. Meanwhile, the guy checking in your game has a laugh at your expense.

Is it possible it's simply a mistake and not some vast conspiracy? After all, if they didn't want to pay you for a certain game because the TIV was too high, they simply could say "Pricing Error". Which, and I'm no 3L student at one of our fine legal institutions, seems to me is covered in their T&Cs.

I'm not saying you're lying about the condition of the game/case. I'm just wondering what exactly you think will be accomplished. I'd LOVE to see you bring legal proceedings against them just for the unintentional comedy of it.

So whats your problem with what hes doing? Are you scared amazon will go away? Let irish and others do whatever they want to do. Maybe itll get results and maybe it wont. If not, who cares. I dont see why you have an issue with it. It doesnt affect you in any way possible. Ive had stuff broken by them, 6 games in fact, and that sort of behavior is not acceptable except by you.

[quote name='confoosious']If you could do that in one continuous take, you might have something. But, then they'd just shrug and say "must have been damaged during shipping".

Seriously man, isn't this just a bit much?

youenvy has got this exactly right. "can you believe this guy? fuck this. Oh look.... crack...Look, the inner ring is cracked. Must have been cracked during shipping. Not our problem. Hold on a second, let me throw in a pube before we return it."

You see what I'm saying here? Your over the top evidence procedure might be fun for Chris Hanson but this is a video game trade in. You think it's ever gonna get to the EVIDENCE PRESENTATION stage of it? Of course not.

You'll call amazon. At some point, one of the CSRs will give you money just to get you off the phone. Meanwhile, the guy checking in your game has a laugh at your expense.

Is it possible it's simply a mistake and not some vast conspiracy? After all, if they didn't want to pay you for a certain game because the TIV was too high, they simply could say "Pricing Error". Which, and I'm no 3L student at one of our fine legal institutions, seems to me is covered in their T&Cs.[/QUOTE]

Look, I'm simply stating that I have myself covered if they fuck up my games as they have to MINE and others in the past.

All of my shipments to Nor-Am are wrapped in bubble wrap to the point where nothing inside the box moves at all. If they want to push their luck with me they are more than welcome to.

If they say 'pricing error' then fine and dandy, they have every right to...but they DO NOT have the right to intentionally damage my games.

Wow confoosious Whats wrong with us not wanting to be screwed over by nor-am? do you own the company or something. It is a big deal when they destroy your games. I also filmed myself shipping out my most recent games . Great minds think alike i guess :)

How do you know they're intentionally damaging your games? How? Unless you have a little spy video camera in your box, how could you absolutely prove it was them who damaged it?

I'm still not convinced that anyone would take this case. Now, I've never been to law school so I'm not as learned as you. Why don't you interview one of your professors and ask him (or her) his legal opinion on how exactly your video could be used in a lawsuit against norAm that they're intentionally damaging disks. Would love to see the video of that. Clearly, if one of the esteemed professors at your school says it to be so, I would have to agree. I know who my betters are.

bredbu - nothing wrong with it. I didn't much like that they damaged my L4D disc and sent it back to me. However, I also don't think there's some vast conspiracy to destroy disks and return them. I also don't think the photo/video evidence amounts to a hill of beans in a court of law. But like I said, I'm no 3L in a top 5 law school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back