CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheapfrag']Well, the status of my PS2 trade in states: RETURNED, Condition: UNACCEPTABLE. When I click the "Learn More" link it says "Your item was inspected and found to not be in Good condition for the following reason: Missing accessory"

I included the PS2 in the original box with the Sony power cord, the Sony Audio/Video cord, a Sony Dualshock controller (not the original black one but a translucent gray one) and the instruction manual and DualShock manual.

So what did I miss? (I even used the instruction manual to confirm the original contents)[/QUOTE]

Probably needed the original black controller.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Probably needed the original black controller.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's exactly it.

I can confirm that Amazon has additional information over what is displayed on the trade-in page. I chatted with a rep (Kavitha) and she said:

Kavitha: I see it is returned due to a missing accessory.
Kavitha:It says, controller Missing Black Dualshock 2."

Me:But I did include a Dual Shock controller

Kavitha:I am sorry we do not have any further information about this
Kavitha:I am truly sorry, not to have better news

So I assume that they returned it because I included a translucent gray controller instead of a black one.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Well, the status of my PS2 trade in states: RETURNED, Condition: UNACCEPTABLE. When I click the "Learn More" link it says "Your item was inspected and found to not be in Good condition for the following reason: Missing accessory"

I included the PS2 in the original box with the Sony power cord, the Sony Audio/Video cord, a Sony Dualshock controller (not the original black one but a translucent gray one) and the instruction manual and DualShock manual.

So what did I miss? (I even used the instruction manual to confirm the original contents)[/QUOTE]The system when pulled out of the box came with a black Sony-branded DS2. If you didn't give that to them, then that's why it was rejected.

I even paused when I put the controller in the box -- it was a Sony branded Dual Shock 2, but a gray one. I went with the gray instead of the bright green or blue one hoping that no one would care since it is a first party controller. Well, lesson learned... when there is a miniscule chance of getting a "deal" make sure you don't leave any loophole.

Not sure I even have the original black ones - but since I only have 3 colored ones, maybe there is a fourth one laying around.

Unbelievable, mods are deleting posts about people expressing disapproval about the whole ps2 trade-ins. What an abuse of power. Let's see if this one gets deleted.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I even paused when I put the controller in the box -- it was a Sony branded Dual Shock 2, but a gray one. I went with the gray instead of the bright green or blue one hoping that no one would care since it is a first party controller. Well, lesson learned... when there is a miniscule chance of getting a "deal" make sure you don't leave any loophole.

Not sure I even have the original black ones - but since I only have 3 colored ones, maybe there is a fourth one laying around.[/QUOTE]
Grey is an original Playstation Dual Shock and would likely be incompatible with some games on the PS2.

[quote name='akuma77']got my credit for $200 ps2
10aad5155227acc7062890b1b04ad7df.png
[/QUOTE]

Nice, this is what I will be shooting for. I know he may have just been lucky but what exactly did you send it in with? Thankfully I have a black DS2 controller so that shouldn't be a problem although when this was first posted I was thinking of getting rid of my gray DS controller but doesn't look like I can do that.

So what did I miss? (I even used the instruction manual to confirm the original contents)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cheapfrag']Well, that's exactly it.

I can confirm that Amazon has additional information over what is displayed on the trade-in page. I chatted with a rep (Kavitha) and she said:

Kavitha: I see it is returned due to a missing accessory.
Kavitha:It says, controller Missing Black Dualshock 2."

Me:But I did include a Dual Shock controller

Kavitha:I am sorry we do not have any further information about this
Kavitha:I am truly sorry, not to have better news

So I assume that they returned it because I included a translucent gray controller instead of a black one.[/QUOTE]

Like I said earlier, Amazon has specifics on why these are getting rejected. I implore you guys who have already received rejection notices to keep pestering them till they fess up.

He's not the only one. I got 2 accepted and a friend of mine had 1. I thoroughly tested my systems and packed in original a/v cables, power cable, console, and controller. One controller was black, I think the other was translucent blue (not 100% sure). My friend traded in a black controller if you were wondering.

Edit: I take it back. The controller was black since I still have the blue one. I think I swapped it last minute. *** I did not have a Playstation 2 box or instructions... I sent them in plain old cardboard box with bubble wrap. ***

Mine was delivered Wednesday at 2AM according to tracking. Just got credit today.

[quote name='steve nash']25 at best buy[/QUOTE]

:D I forgot to check there. Looks like I'm cashing in at BB today. Ha, thanks.

[quote name='akuma77']got my credit for $200 ps2
10aad5155227acc7062890b1b04ad7df.png
[/QUOTE]

Congrats akuma :) Damn it, I'm going to risk it and send mine in too.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Those that were accepted when did they get delivered? Wondering if the first couple slid by before someone noticed and put a flag on everyone elses.[/QUOTE]

nah. its probably the people pestering amazon that brought up the red flags ;)

j/k. its good to see there are at least 4 accepted systems.

Oh man I didn't realize any of the PS2s had been accepted yet. I could still pick 1 or 2 up from GameStop and give it a shot. The deadline to ship is tomorrow. Unless I'm counting wrong if that is 4 that have been accepted that is more than the number that have been rejected so far.

The downside is I don't get credit for either I'm likely to lose close to $20 on each system. But if I were only credited for one that would still be really nice. I submitted them separately to give me a better chance.

And I do have enough GameStop credit to get at least one system.

My main recommendation is to test the @#$% out of it. Make sure EVERYTHING works, including old (blue) and new (silver) discs.

Edit: Another buddy of mine that got in on this said his 2 got rejected because of "controllers".

Wait what the heck?

I had seen people mention that the condition requirement was back. I didn't know it was applied to trades I ALREADY submitted? Next to my PS2 submission it says good which by thier definition requires the original packaging.

Regardless with another confirmed acceptance I think I'm going to risk it. I'm going around to the local Gamestops. I will make sure I only buy systems that are in perfect condiiton.

Looks like they updated the condition requirements. You can now choose either "good" or "acceptable". Also, congrats to those who got their PS2 accepted.

[quote name='shrike4242']Always good to check the spam filter once in a while, as mine's another one that was accepted:[/QUOTE]

Nice congrats shrike. Looks like mine will be going in tomorrow wee :D

Holy crap!! i just got two ps2s accepted for $400. I paid $50 for both ps2s that I found on craigslist just so I can exploit Amazon for this deal. What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Oh man, I can't wait for the next price mistake so I can get on it LOL! I guess I'll follow this thread more closely from now on. Thank you guys for all this great info whoever posted :)

This place is my new Slick Deals hahaha.

[quote name='itsoverninethousand']Holy crap!! i just got two ps2s accepted for $400. I paid $50 for both ps2s that I found on craigslist just so I can exploit Amazon for this deal. What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Oh man, I can't wait for the next price mistake so I can get on it LOL! I guess I'll follow this thread more closely from now on. Thank you guys for all this great info whoever posted :)

This place is my new Slick Deals hahaha.[/QUOTE]

Classy.

Congrats nonetheless :)

If it wasn't already mentioned, they had a $150 trade-in value for an Ipod Shuffle 2gb earlier this morning at 1am-3am (This was posted on Slickdeals)... sadly they fixed the estimate so now it's at $15.

Talked to another Amazon rep and was informed my PS2 was rejected because on the controller "both the digital pad & face buttons will not register inputs from user"

I guess it's possible the controller wasn't functional but that's the controller I've always used. Oh well, it was worth a shot anyways.

wow this annoys the shit out of me. I sent in some trade in stuff before this ps2 thing happened and still haven't gotten credit or rejected for them. boo urns. I do have the ps2 locked in, but eh, not worth the risk to send one in now... *shrug*

[quote name='chicagocubs04']Talked to another Amazon rep and was informed my PS2 was rejected because on the controller "both the digital pad & face buttons will not register inputs from user"

I guess it's possible the controller wasn't functional but that's the controller I've always used. Oh well, it was worth a shot anyways.[/QUOTE]Sorry to hear that you didn't get it accepted, though they at least told you what it was that had it rejected. Better than some "damaged" blanket reason without the backing behind it.

Was waiting to see if any of these took off after I locked mine in, so this sucker is packed up and ready to go tomorrow. Thankfully I'm a completist, so I have all the original packaging, manuals...heck I still have all the plastic wrapping that went around the items, and I was playing the thing the day before. If they call damage or anything else on this, I'ma be pissed. :p

Just got back from getting my PS2s at Gamestop and testing them. I managed to get two that are in really good condition. The controllers aren't quite ideal but I don't think its anything to cause a rejection.

One of them has a bit of a smoke smell to it although otherwise it feels great and seems to have hardly been used at all. Hopefully I can reduce the smell some. It had been packed inside a tight plastic bag which I'm sure hadn't helped. The other controller has a little wear but is still very good. The circle button is maybe a tiny bit sticky but stickiness usually isn't hard to get rid of.

I think the only reason they would have to deny these is because they don't have the original packaging or manuals and even then only because they pushed the new condition stuff recently. I'm not going to be happy if that is the case since it wasn't like that when the trades were locked in.

Wondering if anyone tried any other electronics on them? Gonna try my Canon camera on them and see what excuse they come up with that (quote from last night is about 4x what it is now). Even went with "acceptable" condition (even though it's better) to take that excuse away from them.

**AND IF THEY SHIP IT BACK, IT B-E-T-T-E-R BE IN THE SAME CONDITION AS WHEN I PACKED IT**

[quote name='nas6034']Interesting to see all that get rejected are for the same "controller" reason. Almost makes me suspicious.[/QUOTE]

well one person admitted that they sent a different colored controller and another wasn't sure that it worked for sure.

[quote name='slowdive21']Man I really wish I would have seen the PS2 TIV. I could have traded in 4 or 5 of them. I pick them up at Garage sales for $10-$15 each.[/QUOTE]

omg what kind of garage sale are you going to where they have them for 10-15???? I don't even want to trade one in , i just want to finish playing my old ps2 games :(

[quote name='AshesofWake']omg what kind of garage sale are you going to where they have them for 10-15???? I don't even want to trade one in , i just want to finish playing my old ps2 games :([/QUOTE]

Check out this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283481

Most of us post our Garage Sale finds with pictures. I haven't bought any PS2's yet this year, but I bought 3 or 4 last year. One I paid $5 and it came with a network adapter if I remember correctly. I've been on a NES streak this year...I think I picked up 4 or 5 already. :bouncy:

[quote name='slowdive21']Check out this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283481

Most of us post our Garage Sale finds with pictures. I haven't bought any PS2's yet this year, but I bought 3 or 4 last year. One I paid $5 and it came with a network adapter if I remember correctly. I've been on a NES streak this year...I think I picked up 4 or 5 already. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

o_O i never knew that thread existed, thanks!!!

I have a white slim ps2 that has a laser that won't move and all I want to do is play Person 3 FES and Persona 4 I have sitting here. haha.

[quote name='slowdive21']Check out this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283481

Most of us post our Garage Sale finds with pictures. I haven't bought any PS2's yet this year, but I bought 3 or 4 last year. One I paid $5 and it came with a network adapter if I remember correctly. I've been on a NES streak this year...I think I picked up 4 or 5 already. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Oh you feel like parting with one of those nes for a reasonable price? I've been to sooooo many garage sales and watching craigslist in my city for over a year trying to find one not listed as "collectible." I gave mine away to my neighbor when I moved because it was the most technological item his dad would allow him to have (this was in 2003 btw).

do you guys think I should pick up a ps2 tomorrow and send it in? I have it locked and the shipment deadline is tomorrow....it is 50-something for one from GS...worse comes to worse I get it back and actually use it right?

[quote name='AshesofWake']do you guys think I should pick up a ps2 tomorrow and send it in? I have it locked and the shipment deadline is tomorrow....it is 50-something for one from GS...worse comes to worse I get it back and actually use it right?[/QUOTE]

If you don't have a PS2 or backwards compatible PS3 you should get one especially if you like RPGs. MASSIVE library and tons of excellent games. Plus also plays PS1 games in case you don't have a PS3. Lots of good games you can get really cheap.

So you should get one and send it in and if it gets accepted go buy another PS2 for yourself. GameStop's price on them is a little high, but at least most stores have multiple systems in stock for you to try and return immediately if there are any problems.

I went in knowing I was probably going to have to look at several systems and maybe multiple stores. Nothing at the first store I went to was very good but I found two consoles in pretty good shape at he second. I had to swap the controllers at the store though since one had a GameStop controller and the other controller had minor damage.

You need to be picky since you want Amazon to accept it and if they don't you'll be getting it back and probably want one in decent shape. You should buy preowned, not refurbished. Get one with an original warranty sticker on the back of the system. Grab a $0.99 game to test with.

[quote name='aem'] GameStop's price on them is a little high, but at least most stores have multiple systems in stock for you to try and return immediately if there are any problems

You should buy preowned, not refurbished. Get one with an original warranty sticker on the back of the system. [/QUOTE]
Test the system IMMEDIATELY once you get it home to make sure it works, especially if attempting to send it into Amazon.

As for the difference between preowned and refurbished, refurbished means the store may have sent it to the main warehouse in TX for repairs after taking it in for trades, while preowned means they just plopped that bitch in a box and it looks the same as it did when the person traded it in(shit stains, scratches, etc and all;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back