CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']It goes both ways - surely Amazon/Noram could have handled it better and said wow, that was a mistake, we're sending these back to you, but I can't imagine why anyone thought the $120 TIV was ever going to materialize. Or anything remotely close.[/QUOTE]

yeah, Noram's not gonna take a $300 bath.

I hadn't even heard about these double packs before but saw it at walmart the other day and realized what it was.

Just traded in Madden and Other M no problem.

And holy crap $42 for NHL?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It goes both ways - surely Amazon/Noram could have handled it better and said wow, that was a mistake, we're sending these back to you, but I can't imagine why anyone thought the $120 TIV was ever going to materialize. Or anything remotely close.[/QUOTE]

Haha - I wasn't even going to touch this one with a ten foot pole. I'm all for a little flipping, but I figured as touchy as Noram is on stuff, there was NO WAY this would ever go through. I'd rather save the hassle and not have to figure out how to return these games.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Haha - I wasn't even going to touch this one with a ten foot pole. I'm all for a little flipping, but I figured as touchy as Noram is on stuff, there was NO WAY this would ever go through. I'd rather save the hassle and not have to figure out how to return these games.[/QUOTE]

that reminds me, there was a flip a little while ago for like a wii case? bag? that was like $30+. Did that ever go through? I was thinking no chance in hell on that one but I don't remember anyone complaining about it.

I have a quick question about trade ins. Usually i package my own stuff and drop it off at ups but im out of boxes. Would UPS package it for me for free since i have a amazon shipping label or would i have to pay extra?

Just had an Animal Crossing City Folk accepted by NorAm. It was another trade-in DotD for $16 - it really pays off to monitor those every day. In fact, I'd say I've gotten much better deals recently from the trade-in deal of the day than the regular Amazon video game deal of the day :lol:.

Something strange is going on with today's though. It is Skies of Arcadia Legends and I swear when I checked it out last night it was for $20 or so. Now it is $8.75, which looks like a "normal" value to me and not DotD pricing.

[quote name='io']Just had an Animal Crossing City Folk accepted by NorAm. It was another trade-in DotD for $16 - it really pays off to monitor those every day. In fact, I'd say I've gotten much better deals recently from the trade-in deal of the day than the regular Amazon video game deal of the day :lol:.

Something strange is going on with today's though. It is Skies of Arcadia Legends and I swear when I checked it out last night it was for $20 or so. Now it is $8.75, which looks like a "normal" value to me and not DotD pricing.[/QUOTE]

io why do you ignore my pms @_@

[quote name='confoosious']that reminds me, there was a flip a little while ago for like a wii case? bag? that was like $30+. Did that ever go through? I was thinking no chance in hell on that one but I don't remember anyone complaining about it.[/QUOTE]

I had luck with that, it was a pain to package but they accepted it surprisingly enough.

Is it just the games I'm watching, or did trade-in values just nosedive on a bunch of games?

NSMB Wii $32 --> $20
Madden 11 $37.75 -> $23.75 (PS3 version was 39.xx recently, now 23)
Red Dead $25.25 -> $18
SMG 2 $28 -> $20
Metroid: Other M $33 -> $25

Yeah, looks like everything went down in some form. Guess it's just another "phase", hopefully.

The only game I found that didn't go down was Assassin's Creed 2 PS3 which shot to $20.50.

[quote name='Foladar']Metroid: Other M $33 -> $25
[/QUOTE]

Metroid says $30 for me. Good thing as I'm planning on trading this in this week.

[quote name='Foladar']Is it just the games I'm watching, or did trade-in values just nosedive on a bunch of games?

NSMB Wii $32 --> $20
Madden 11 $37.75 -> $23.75 (PS3 version was 39.xx recently, now 23)
Red Dead $25.25 -> $18
SMG 2 $28 -> $20
Metroid: Other M $33 -> $25

Yeah, looks like everything went down in some form. Guess it's just another "phase", hopefully.

The only game I found that didn't go down was Assassin's Creed 2 PS3 which shot to $20.50.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it was just temporary on a few of them at least. Metroid is now $30, SMG2 is now $29.50,and Madden 11 is a whopping $39.75 for 360 and $35 for PS3. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen anything as high as $39.75 before! Assassin's Creed II, though, is down to a more reasonable $15.50 for PS3.

Some others: Halo Reach is $37.75, 3D Dot Game Heroes is $15.50 (not bad with the $20 lightning yesterday), etc... I looked at several others, too. They all seem pretty much normal to me.

Odd that the prices would change mid-day like that. They usually change around midnight eastern time.

[quote name='io']Looks like it was just temporary on a few of them at least. Metroid is now $30, SMG2 is now $29.50,and Madden 11 is a whopping $39.75 for 360 and $35 for PS3. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen anything as high as $39.75 before! Assassin's Creed II, though, is down to a more reasonable $15.50 for PS3.

Some others: Halo Reach is $37.75, 3D Dot Game Heroes is $15.50 (not bad with the $20 lightning yesterday), etc... I looked at several others, too. They all seem pretty much normal to me.

Odd that the prices would change mid-day like that. They usually change around midnight eastern time.[/QUOTE]

I've actually noticed more price changes around 4am EST. Halo Reach was as high as 39.25 the other day and Metroid was 33.50. They tanked last night around 4am EST and then went back up by 1pm or so.

[quote name='kataztrophik']I've actually noticed more price changes around 4am EST. Halo Reach was as high as 39.25 the other day and Metroid was 33.50. They tanked last night around 4am EST and then went back up by 1pm or so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they were definitely lower this morning, and I've too noticed them change shortly after the "3am" deadline so you can basically lock in the extra day that way with the prior day's prices. probably the first time I've ever seen a midday change in multiple TIVs, maybe a system error or they were messing around on the back end earlier.

I'm def locking in my Madden for $39.xx though - wow. Now to hold onto it for 5 days and hope for it to go higher. I wish Assassin's Creed 2 would have went back up some, still at 11.xx and I'm not sure I'll finish it in the 5 days I have to trade it in.

I figured the lower values were another one of those 'days' for Amazon though, since it seems to come and go with the TIVs & Amazon Warehouse like that.

Madden NFL 11 on the 360 went up by $1.50 in the past day or two to $39.25.

I've been checking it regularly since I ordered my 360 from Dell which came with a free copy of the game.

Anyone know what the difference is between the two Halo Reach options? When I search for Halo Reach, I get an option for 37.75 and then below it is another one with the halo reach box with no rating for 42.

I'm not sure what happened today/this morning but this is what I locked in at about 2:30am west coast.
all ps3
tekken 6 20.25
valkyria chronicles 20
cod waw 20
eternal sonata 19.50
gta iv 18!!!
gow collection 18
dead space 14
fallout 3 13
ratchet clank crack in time 19.25

They all dropped sometime today.

[quote name='Toss']I'm not sure what happened today/this morning but this is what I locked in at about 2:30am west coast.
all ps3
tekken 6 20.25
valkyria chronicles 20
cod waw 20
eternal sonata 19.50
gta iv 18!!!
gow collection 18
dead space 14
fallout 3 13
ratchet clank crack in time 19.25

They all dropped sometime today.[/QUOTE]

Clearly this morning's prices were a mistake, then, because tekken 6 was not that high late last night when I checked (after midnight Pacific). Neither was VC - it was under $10 I think.

wow, i wish i noticed those tiv's. that's insane. then again... it might be a mistake, and you know if amazon makes a mistake then you just sent them the incorrect version... and by the time they send it back in a few weeks the tiv will be 0. lol.

[quote name='Velo214']wow, i wish i noticed those tiv's. that's insane. then again... it might be a mistake, and you know if amazon makes a mistake then you just sent them the incorrect version... and by the time they send it back in a few weeks the tiv will be 0. lol.[/QUOTE]

Hah, possibly... I know they screwed you over Velo, but they have honored price mistakes in the past. People had the Wii cases accepted, and I can personally vouch for them taking the PS2 Sonic 2-pack ("Sega Fun Pack featuring Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Mega Collection Plus") for $46.25 each (I sent two). So it does happen ;).

So I've sent in one order before for a trade in of 4 games that was accepted, fine and dandy. But I've been following this thread and it seems like more than a few people have been screwed using the trade in system.

I'm sitting on a stack of 30 or so games that I would like to trade in for credit. Personally, I don't ever shop at Gamestop, so amazon's credit seems like a much better way to get it (plus I've always been under the impression amazon's trade in value was good).

My question is: Should I send a few smaller orders or just throw them all in? I can't help but feel like I'd get screwed out of at least a few of the games' credit if I sent a box full of games. Of course, I'd like to do this using as few boxes and little time as possible.

What do you guys think?

I would make several small orders and then just throw them all in the mail at the same time. I doubt they look at the name very close just how many items are in each package and whether or not they feel like your getting too good of a deal.

Also keep Gazelle in mind - their prices are often the same, plus you can get cash or a 5% bonus if you want Amazon credit. And I've never heard of them rejecting a game for any reason. I only use Amazon for the DotD trade-ins (BTW, today's is NCAA 11 for 360 for $25 - probably a decent deal for someone who is done with the game) and the oddball game that Gazelle doesn't match.

I love gazelle now, but my first trade with them was rejected. They claimed there was a pricing/computer mistake and cancelled a bunch of trades. Mine was already in the mail and was still rejected.

Personally I like to send small batches (or even 1 game at a time) and I don't send them till the last day so just in case tivs go up I can cancel and do a trade at the new price. Then again I got probably close to a hundred used bubble mailers I can recycle and ship with again....gotta love goozex!

[quote name='io']Also keep Gazelle in mind - their prices are often the same, plus you can get cash or a 5% bonus if you want Amazon credit. And I've never heard of them rejecting a game for any reason. I only use Amazon for the DotD trade-ins (BTW, today's is NCAA 11 for 360 for $25 - probably a decent deal for someone who is done with the game) and the oddball game that Gazelle doesn't match.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, Gazelle has always offered lower TIVs than Amazon. Today Gazelle is offering $20 for Metroid: Other M ($21 with 5% extra) and Amazon has it at $31.50.

But if you are going with Gazelle, you can get Costco cash cards (with the 5% bonus), too: http://costco.gazelle.com/

Just got credited for a trade in of Assassin's Creed II, Madden 11 :wii: and a pile of dvds with no problem and a 24 hour turnaround. Just thought I'd report some good news.

[quote name='yeah-yeah']In my experience, Gazelle has always offered lower TIVs than Amazon. Today Gazelle is offering $20 for Metroid: Other M ($21 with 5% extra) and Amazon has it at $31.50.[/QUOTE]

I've been trading a pretty big stack in the last few weeks and nearly every value is the same, except for those that had Amazon DotD pricing. It is only on brand new release type games that Gazelle no longer matches... See below for the context of my suggestion to use Gazelle.

[quote name='Dalerax']
I'm sitting on a stack of 30 or so games that I would like to trade in for credit. Personally, I don't ever shop at Gamestop, so amazon's credit seems like a much better way to get it (plus I've always been under the impression amazon's trade in value was good). [/QUOTE]

This guy was saying he had 30 games to trade in. I assumed that most of those were not brand new releases. Chances are 75% or more of those are the same at Gazelle.

Some examples:
Darksiders PS3: $11.25 Amazon / $11 Gazelle (but is $11.55 in Amazon credit)
Bayonetta PS3: $15 / $15
Rock Band 2 PS3: $10 / $10
Big Brain Academy Wii: $9 / $9
Star Ocean 360: $10 / $10

etc... So, yeah, I'd say pretty much anything $20 or less will be the same.

[quote name='Toss']I love gazelle now, but my first trade with them was rejected. They claimed there was a pricing/computer mistake and cancelled a bunch of trades. Mine was already in the mail and was still rejected.
[/QUOTE]

I think I remember that day. They had some wild crazy TiVs and they got shot down a few days later whether people had shipped or not. But that's a little different than rejecting games for picky things like NorAm does.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I would make several small orders and then just throw them all in the mail at the same time. I doubt they look at the name very close just how many items are in each package and whether or not they feel like your getting too good of a deal.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they screw you intentionally -- from my own experience, I think they are simply careless and if you send a large (and I'm talking like 30 titles or more) box, they might misplace a few titles and/or lose them, then say they never got them even though they were in there (which happened to me, as I wrote before). I send all kinds of titles to them regularly so it's not like they "look at the name" and decide you're getting too much credit (which isn't the case), but I DO think they are prone to just being careless at times.

I agree with your suggestion. If someone has a really large assortment of discs, just break them up into smaller increments (like don't send more than a dozen titles at a time). They're a lot less likely to have that problem. Just one of those IMO kind of situations. :)

I received my credit for the first batch of strategy guides I shipped on Monday :) the Amazon trade in program has been a godsend for me no problems yet knock on wood.

Anyone have problems with the stated weight on the UPS labels you print off of amazon? I'm trading in a textbook with some of my games and there's no way the package only weighs 5 lbs.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Anyone have problems with the stated weight on the UPS labels you print off of amazon? I'm trading in a textbook with some of my games and there's no way the package only weighs 5 lbs.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter - UPS will bill them for whatever it actually weighs. They nearly always put 1lb on the video games even if it is several and there's never been a problem reported here about that.

--------------------------

And for what it's worth, the results are in for my experiment of sending games simultaneously to Amazon, Gazelle, and Dealtree. I posted this in the Gazelle thread but for those who don't read that one:

All mailed on 9/17 via UPS (dropped off at a UPS store):

- Amazon: Delivered 9/24, credit received 9/28
- Gazelle: Delivered 9/24, acknowledged 9/15, Amazon credit code received 9/27
- Dealtree: Delivered 9/24, verified 9/28, no payment yet (but it is pending)

So Gazelle wins on slightly faster processing time as well as the intermediate step of acknowledging acceptance of the games the day after they arrived (whereas it took Amazon and Dealtree 4 days to say anything). Not to mention the 5% credit boost if you select the Amazon option at Gazelle plus the 30 days to mail instead of 7...

Note that the Amazon processing seems to be a bit slower recently. I've had them taking 3-4 days on my last few submissions whereas before they usually credited the very day they got the package, or at the latest the next day.

[quote name='io']It doesn't matter - UPS will bill them for whatever it actually weighs. They nearly always put 1lb on the video games even if it is several and there's never been a problem reported here about that.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank ye.

[quote name='scarhawk']What if I send in my order after the shipping deadline passed?[/QUOTE]

.looks up

oh this is NorAm. Your games will be cracked and you will be blamed for sending the wrong and/or defective item. they will be returned to you with stickers on it. Enjoy your broken game.

[quote name='confoosious'].looks up

oh this is NorAm. Your games will be cracked and you will be blamed for sending the wrong and/or defective item. they will be returned to you with stickers on it. Enjoy your broken game.[/QUOTE]Seriously? :O I have a couple of copies of NHL 11 coming my way and I was planning to trade em in but now I'm scared :(

Meh, don't let him scare you. While I personally have never done it, several others have reported sending the games in a day or two past the deadline with no problem. I just wouldn't push it too far. Worst they can do, really, is just send them back to you.

Note that you cannot print the label any more once you go past the deadline so if it isn't too late, get that done ASAP.

[quote name='io']Meh, don't let him scare you. While I personally have never done it, several others have reported sending the games in a day or two past the deadline with no problem. I just wouldn't push it too far. Worst they can do, really, is just send them back to you.

Note that you cannot print the label any more once you go past the deadline so if it isn't too late, get that done ASAP.[/QUOTE]

I've sent in games as much as 1 week after the shipping deadline. Trade-ins expire 25 days after submission, so I'm pretty sure as long as they receive it before then, you're golden.

just sent in my madden, locked it at $36.50..thank god ..cuz its at 28.50 rightnow..I hope i get the credit soon so i can preorder NBA 2k11 witht he 10 dollar credit..

I'm sending in madden and nhl. 39+42. I wonder if they'll find a reason to reject my trade in.

Come on Gazelle, get your act together so I can use you instead!

I can't search 53 pages, but I didn't see this answered in the FAQs...

What if I'm doing something crazy, like selling a huge old collection of DVDs and/or books? I mean, I KNOW they will not fit in a reasonable sized box, so I will have to ship them in several different boxes (especially the books)...

Should I just do separate submissions for as many as I can fit per box?

Also is there a LIMIT on submissions withing a given period of time? I see there's a limit on 3 copies of the same game within a 3 month period...but on submissions in general?

EDIT

Ok I found some answers, so you can just general as many shipping labels as you want for each submission? For free?

This is utterly shocking. The trade in values for super mario galaxy 2, super smash brothers, and mario kart wii are all at $0.25... They went from about $30 to now only twenty five cents. Wow, I hope this is a mistake or temporary.

Is there a trade-in value minimum? I thought I had seen it listed at $25 a long time ago but can't find that information anymore.

[quote name='RallyV']Is there a trade-in value minimum? I thought I had seen it listed at $25 a long time ago but can't find that information anymore. [/QUOTE]

no.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm sending in madden and nhl. 39+42. I wonder if they'll find a reason to reject my trade in.

Come on Gazelle, get your act together so I can use you instead![/QUOTE]Gazelle is awful for trade ins worth more than $25.

[quote name='scarhawk']Gazelle is awful for trade ins worth more than $25.[/QUOTE]

Only because they don't have any anymore.

A couple months ago when they had tivs north of 30, they were stellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back