CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='epb']Has anyone had issues shipping an item towards the end of the deadline? I logged into my account today and it says the deadline has passed even though their e-mail said today was the last day. I saw this mentioned in the OP, but just curious if anyone's ever had a problem.[/QUOTE]
It shouldnt be an issue.

[quote name='Biggquis']Has anyone had games returned to them for having no manual?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Read the OP.

lol awww bummer , they changed the price back to $6 for that dancing game, but i did lock it in for $365, should i still attempt to buy and trade it in?

Or is it just wasting money and packaging.

[quote name='theking20']lol awww bummer , they changed the price back to $6 for that dancing game, but i did lock it in for $365, should i still attempt to buy and trade it in?

Or is it just wasting money and packaging.[/QUOTE]
Most likely a huge waste but if you can get it for cheap and dont care what happens with it why not take the chance for $365.

Is there a way to search for games by trade in value? How does everyone find these random games for crazy trade in prices? lol

I just had my first trade-in rejected. They said it was damaged (which of course wasn't the case:roll:). My question is, what is the most successful means of contacting amazon? Would contact via email suffice?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I just had my first trade-in rejected. They said it was damaged (which of course wasn't the case:roll:). My question is, what is the most successful means of contacting amazon? Would contact via email suffice?[/QUOTE]

my first trade in was rejected too. they said it was damaged (scratches) on my white knight chronicles which it wasnt. im on chat with them right now to see what they can do. ill update once they do something

edit: they said it was damaged in transit so they are going to "refund me in 30 days". i never heard that term before but they said they will be depositing the $10 (the trade in value) in 30 days... thats an awfully long time to wait for it..

i have had them to honor every trade in that has been rejected
over 500 dollars worth. but i had to put a lot of effort into it lots of chats lots of emails. Phone is the absolute worst way Chat seems to be the best as long as you dont get a robot. email is hit or miss

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']my first trade in was rejected too. they said it was damaged (scratches) on my white knight chronicles which it wasnt. im on chat with them right now to see what they can do. ill update once they do something

edit: they said it was damaged in transit so they are going to "refund me in 30 days". i never heard that term before but they said they will be depositing the $10 (the trade in value) in 30 days... thats an awfully long time to wait for it..[/QUOTE]

I just emailed them, so hopefully it gets worked out. I've never had any problems with Amazon's trade-in service before now, but there's always a first time for everything.:bomb:

try sending an email that says you have a friend who traded the same games and they also got rejected, and that they were issued a promo credit and you expect the same treatment.

Ok quick recap: Sent in Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (brand new). They rejected the trade in as "missing artwork" when I know for a fact there was no missing artwork. As I said the fucking game was brand new right from an Amazon order.

Anyway I get my game returned back to me today and there is no missing artwork. However, the case is smashed completely in half and all cracked up. It is literally in 2 separate pieces and one of the 2 pieces is all cracked up.

Like I said I complained multiple times already to Amazon about Noram over the last 3 weeks and Amazon did give me my credit for the game so I now have the credit + a smashed up game case. The game disc itself seems untouched. So thanks to Amazon for taking care of it.

Bottom line: I cant wait for Amazon to drop them. fuck YOU NORAM. I'll have the last laugh when every one of your sorry asses is in the unemployment line wondering where you went wrong in life. Happy Holidays.

[quote name='ShockandAww'] I'll have the last laugh when every one of your sorry asses is in the unemployment line wondering where you went wrong in life. Happy Holidays.[/QUOTE]

Seriously dude? Relax.

So I have 2 copies of halo reach i\'m going to send in, but one has the spartan recon helmet code thing mentioned in front of it. It was in all the laucnh copies i think. will they reject it for not having that? i never used it but who knows wheres its at.

[quote name='confoosious']Seriously dude? Relax.[/QUOTE]
No it came off more serious than I was. I shouldve added that I hate their faces I guess. In the end I got my broke ass game that I really dont care much about anyway for free so no big deal. But seriously I will laugh when Amazon no longer deals with them because of issues like this.

damn the only time i ad a rejection from noram before was last year i traded in my old nintendo wifi usb adapter, saying it was missing the case..which is absolutly stupid reasoning since it's an accessory it came in plastic packaging that had to be cut open to get to it. amazon credited me that value after 1 email (and then i went and traded it in again a few months later and it got accepted no problem).
now i just sent in 1 box of dvds yesterday (which is already up to MA!) and i dropped off a game today, but seeing multiple noram complaints at once makes me wary.

I too got a game rejected today. I think its either a) the people at Noram are freaking idiots; or b) there are so many games coming in right now at the same time that the boxes are getting smashed and things are getting damaged but with one caveat, some people are getting rejected by sending in the same gamex3 in the same package - weird how 2 games are fine but 1 is damaged. So, yes, it is very very suspicious.

[quote name='ShockandAww']No it came off more serious than I was. I shouldve added that I hate their faces I guess. In the end I got my broke ass game that I really dont care much about anyway for free so no big deal. But seriously I will laugh when Amazon no longer deals with them because of issues like this.[/QUOTE]

They seem to be getting a bad reputation fairly quickly, honestly I'm surprised Amazon still wants to be affiliated with them.

[quote name='ComfortablyNumb']So I have 2 copies of halo reach i\'m going to send in, but one has the spartan recon helmet code thing mentioned in front of it. It was in all the laucnh copies i think. will they reject it for not having that? i never used it but who knows wheres its at.[/QUOTE]

I sent mine in and it had that. I don't think it will matter as they tend not to require one-time use DLC codes. I got the Legendary edition from Amazon so this trade-in cuts that in half - it better go smoothly as otherwise I could have just tried to sell it for about the same amount (after fees).

I'm sending a boatload of packages in today. I hope all goes well.

I had one small trade accepted today, so, so far it has been smooth sailing besides Let's Draw which they should have gotten 5-6 days ago and I've heard nothing (trade was canceled of course - the day after I mailed it).

[quote name='io']I sent mine in and it had that. I don't think it will matter as they tend not to require one-time use DLC codes. I got the Legendary edition from Amazon so this trade-in cuts that in half - it better go smoothly as otherwise I could have just tried to sell it for about the same amount (after fees).

I'm sending a boatload of packages in today. I hope all goes well.

I had one small trade accepted today, so, so far it has been smooth sailing besides Let's Draw which they should have gotten 5-6 days ago and I've heard nothing (trade was canceled of course - the day after I mailed it).[/QUOTE]

Just had my copy of Reach with the Recon helmet offer received yesterday and credited today so neither of you shouldn't have any problems.

For anyone willing to venture out in the near future to your local neighborhood Gamestop:

Test Drive Unlimited :psp:

Currently trading for 31.50, sells for 10.00 used at Gamestop. In the extremely unlikely event that you're able to find 3 complete copies at any one Gamestop during b2g1free, that's not a bad haul.

[quote name='handsomepete']For anyone willing to venture out in the near future to your local neighborhood Gamestop:

Currently trading for 31.50, sells for 10.00 used at Gamestop. In the extremely unlikely event that you're able to find 3 complete copies at any one Gamestop during b2g1free, that's not a bad haul.[/QUOTE]

Looks like the TIV has dropped back to $2.50 in line with the other editions.

Got to say I am LOVING amazon's trade ins and deals, I was a Gamestop only person on the trading and some buying... but wow when I can get $39 from amazon back on Black Ops compared to

I send in Entourage season 1 and 2 plus Call of duty Black ops- but somehow black ops ended up damaged or incorrect-

so i e mailed them telling them how could the dvd's get there in fine condition while the game is damaged seeing as they were in the same package and i went out of my way to protect the game (used bubble mailer on it.) so they accepted both Entourage seasons and gave me $9 total for them but rejected the $39 item.

Also stated that it was probably easier for them to reject it as it now trades in for $30 and i locked the trade in at $39.

I told them i felt cheated which i do--cuz in all honesty nothing was wrong with the game it was in great condition-i packaged it right-i know its the right item-since i bought it from them--so this is just B.S.

this just happened yesterday, and i just noticed today
im hoping they fix this and help me out-

anyway merry X-mas to all...........except Noram. nah o.k them too.

[quote name='youenvy']I send in Entourage season 1 and 2 plus Call of duty Black ops- but somehow black ops ended up damaged or incorrect-

so i e mailed them telling them how could the dvd's get there in fine condition while the game is damaged seeing as they were in the same package and i went out of my way to protect the game (used bubble mailer on it.) so they accepted both Entourage seasons and gave me $9 total for them but rejected the $39 item.

Also stated that it was probably easier for them to reject it as it now trades in for $30 and i locked the trade in at $39.

I told them i felt cheated which i do--cuz in all honesty nothing was wrong with the game it was in great condition-i packaged it right-i know its the right item-since i bought it from them--so this is just B.S.

this just happened yesterday, and i just noticed today
im hoping they fix this and help me out-

anyway merry X-mas to all...........except Noram. nah o.k them too.[/QUOTE]

I've had the same thing happen to me several times. I know others have had luck with amazon giving them some compensation but I've always got the generic were sorry but their not a part of amazon so we can't do anything to help you out response. Best of luck though and merry x-mas back at ya.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I've had the same thing happen to me several times. I know others have had luck with amazon giving them some compensation but I've always got the generic were sorry but their not a part of amazon so we can't do anything to help you out response. Best of luck though and merry x-mas back at ya.[/QUOTE]
That fucking sucks. I remember when I traded in games to EzTradein and sent them in sealed to avoid any chance of getting shot down. It's like, fuck that shit.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I've had the same thing happen to me several times. I know others have had luck with amazon giving them some compensation but I've always got the generic were sorry but their not a part of amazon so we can't do anything to help you out response. Best of luck though and merry x-mas back at ya.[/QUOTE]

I got that same sort of response about my trade-in that was "damaged", and that it would be returned to me. So I contacted customer service via phone. The employee didn't address my problem whatsoever, but instead told me that when I received my trade-in to "try and sell it through Amazon marketplace if it wasn't damaged that badly". fuck that. My trade-in was sent in practically new condition, but after it gets returned to me I have to try and sell something that was damaged due to no fault of my own.

Can someone tell me how they went about getting credit for a "damaged" game via chat? Has anyone tried to file a claim with UPS? I'm wondering if the "guaranteed $100 insurance" would cover this so-called damage.

has anyone shipped something that was about 5 days past the deadline to ship?

totally forgot to ship left 4 dead 2 and since UPS is closed today i think and tomorrow , i wonder if i will get rejected.

thanks in advance

I have shipped games 20+ days late.. As long as the trade has not been cancelled then there is still time to ship.. They cancel trade ins 30 days after being submitted..

[quote name='theking20']has anyone shipped something that was about 5 days past the deadline to ship?

totally forgot to ship left 4 dead 2 and since UPS is closed today i think and tomorrow , i wonder if i will get rejected.

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mitemouse']I have shipped games 20+ days late.. As long as the trade has not been cancelled then there is still time to ship.. They cancel trade ins 30 days after being submitted..[/QUOTE]

Looks like they cancel after 25 days now. I usually lock in trade values, but rarely trade anything in...

[quote name='slowdive21']Looks like they cancel after 25 days now. I usually lock in trade values, but rarely trade anything in...[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing.. I usually lock in the trade deal of the day no matter what..

[quote name='handsomepete']For anyone willing to venture out in the near future to your local neighborhood Gamestop:

Currently trading for 31.50, sells for 10.00 used at Gamestop. In the extremely unlikely event that you're able to find 3 complete copies at any one Gamestop during b2g1free, that's not a bad haul.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe I missed that. It's down to $2.50 trade now.

I send in Entourage season 1 and 2 plus Call of duty Black ops- but somehow black ops ended up damaged or incorrect-

got a response-According to the information provided by the Merchant processing your submission, your item didn't meet the trade-in conditions and will be returned to you. The specific reason noted is Damaged Item.

I told them there was no way the game i sent in was damaged-n asked why Noram didn't specify how the game was damaged or in what condition it was supposedly in- I mentioned that they may have thought it was easier to reject the game as damaged then to honor the trade in price.
here is what he said

You can resend the Call Of Duty: Black Ops again for reconsideration. Some factors like pricing might be one of the reasons why it was returned.
at least he was honest.

[quote name='youenvy']I send in Entourage season 1 and 2 plus Call of duty Black ops- but somehow black ops ended up damaged or incorrect-

got a response-According to the information provided by the Merchant processing your submission, your item didn't meet the trade-in conditions and will be returned to you. The specific reason noted is Damaged Item.

I told them there was no way the game i sent in was damaged-n asked why Noram didn't specify how the game was damaged or in what condition it was supposedly in- I mentioned that they may have thought it was easier to reject the game as damaged then to honor the trade in price.
here is what he said

You can resend the Call Of Duty: Black Ops again for reconsideration. Some factors like pricing might be one of the reasons why it was returned.
at least he was honest.[/QUOTE]

That's a game changer(the last line). Does he expect you to send it back at the old TIV or new-lower TIV price?

I am trying to use this for the first time to trade-in some dvds and it has got to be one of the most frustrating experiences I've had. I don't know if it's just not working properly right now or what but I get my whole freakin list ready and then I go to check out and it says it's empty. Then I go to re-do it, but any time I update my cart or refresh a page or whatever, the list clears itself again. I guess I'll just try again later and hope it actually works.

[quote name='dburger']I am trying to use this for the first time to trade-in some dvds and it has got to be one of the most frustrating experiences I've had. I don't know if it's just not working properly right now or what but I get my whole freakin list ready and then I go to check out and it says it's empty. Then I go to re-do it, but any time I update my cart or refresh a page or whatever, the list clears itself again. I guess I'll just try again later and hope it actually works.[/QUOTE]

I'm speculating, but it's possible that the site uses "cookies" to hold the data. Maybe you have your cookies disabled from your browser? (Alternatively, it really could just be Amazon, but I've never had that problem, so I don't know).

[quote name='mitemouse']I have shipped games 20+ days late.. As long as the trade has not been cancelled then there is still time to ship.. They cancel trade ins 30 days after being submitted..[/QUOTE]

Really? Despite the fact that they say they only give you a week to ship? (I'm asking because I locked in two copies of AC:B at the 32 dollar TIV last week and it just dropped to 18, but I might not get them until the 31st, when it says to ship on the 30th, and I don't want to get screwed by sending them in and having them be rejected).

[quote name='Kamera']Really? Despite the fact that they say they only give you a week to ship? (I'm asking because I locked in two copies of AC:B at the 32 dollar TIV last week and it just dropped to 18, but I might not get them until the 31st, when it says to ship on the 30th, and I don't want to get screwed by sending them in and having them be rejected).[/QUOTE]

I think youll have bigger problems than having the game rejected cause of late shipping now-a-days with Noram.

[quote name='nas6034']I think youll have bigger problems than having the game rejected cause of late shipping now-a-days with Noram.[/QUOTE]

Aren't those the folks who were resealing used games and selling them as new? They can't be the only buyers of used games through the trade-in program, though...

ETA: Nevermind. Looks like they are. Well, hopefully things will work out (but I'll be careful to document the games and packaging before I send them in so they can't tell me the games are in poor condition/missing or something).

Just curious if anyone has experience locking in TIV for a game and canceling multiple times.

For example, there's a game I was planning to trade in, locked in at $20. It went up to $25 a couple days later so I canceled and locked in new price. Went up to $27, so I canceled previous and locked in new price. Then friend said he might get it for Xmas so I decide to keep so we could play together; canceled trade. Turns out he didn't get it so I locked in at $24. TIV goes up today, so I cancel and lock in at higher value.

Has anyone experienced negative consequences from Amazon from doing all this locking in and canceling? I don't make a habit of it, but it looks bad when I'm looking at my history and seeing all these cancellations for a single game. Lol.

[quote name='CaseX']
Has anyone experienced negative consequences from Amazon from doing all this locking in and canceling? I don't make a habit of it, but it looks bad when I'm looking at my history and seeing all these cancellations for a single game. Lol.[/QUOTE]

I've done that many many times for well over a year - no problems at all. My trade-in history is so cluttered with completed and cancelled trades that it takes a long time every time I click on my "Trade-In Account" link. So I guess there is one minor negative consequence ;).

Has anyone had experience losing their trade-in packages thanks to UPS?

I had about 10 games (mostly BBV fodder) to trade in to Amazon at the start of the month. A couple of the games that I sent in are apparently lost as they hadn't updated for 2 weeks. I contacted UPS and they want me to file a claim. Should I handle it directly, or should I contact Amazon as well? I basically ask because in the claim report it asks for the account number which I don't have, and I'm guessing Amazon does since they set up the shipment information.

[quote name='y2jasper']well my box of tv season dvds was accepted today and fortunately all were accepted. yay.[/QUOTE]

That's good news. With all this talk about them rejecting perfectly good trade-ins, I was getting worried.

When did they receive your shipment? They got mine on Friday, but I assume they're busy with the holiday weekend and all.

[quote name='Nubukon']That's good news. With all this talk about them rejecting perfectly good trade-ins, I was getting worried.

When did they receive your shipment? They got mine on Friday, but I assume they're busy with the holiday weekend and all.[/QUOTE]

they received my package on friday i believe, although it might have been thursday (can't see the tracking number anymore since the transaction is complete).

and yeah i still get worried trading games in to amazon because of the bad experiences that get reported, but luckily i haven't had any bad experiences myself. i have another package on route, and i think i'll probably send another game out before the end of the week.

[quote name='y2jasper']yeah i still get worried trading games in to amazon because of the bad experiences that get reported, but luckily i haven't had any bad experiences myself. i have another package on route, and i think i'll probably send another game out before the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

it doesn't happen that often-from about 35-40 games ive traded they've only rejected 2-1 they were right about the game was scratched but played so they didn't want it-but this one Call of duty Black ops was brand fucking new-nothing wrong with it-$39 tiv--now they are saying its damaged-which sucks-cuz i know it wasn't so im just hoping they return my game back with a broken case at the worst and not a broken game--

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back