CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Rayman Raving Rabbids Travel in Time Wii accepted today for $32.00. Current value is $25.00, and it went as low as $19.50 after I locked in my trade. So, price drops didn't affect this trade either.

[quote name='Kamera']Yay! Both of my copies of AC:B were accepted. I locked them in at 36 and the TIV has since dropped to 25, so obviously the price drop didn't affect whether or not they took the games.[/QUOTE]
My theory is if you send in 3 games theyll take 2 out of 3 if significant value has dropped. will test out theory this week when games gets in.

[quote name='nas6034']My theory is if you send in 3 games theyll take 2 out of 3 if significant value has dropped. will test out theory this week when games gets in.[/QUOTE]

We have had 3 of the same accepted on numerous occasions. I had no problems just last month

THEY DO NOT REJECT BASED ON TIV

[quote name='dchrisd']Is the minimum trade in value still $10? I just tried submitting a trade in for $6, because I wanted to lock the price, and Amazon accepted the trade and gave me a free shipping label. Confirmation email came through fine and nothing indicates my trade won't be accepted or that I'll be charged for shipping. Whats up?[/QUOTE]

I don't have a clear cut answer, but I traded in RE5 for $9 and everything went through just fine.

I know the rules state you have to have the box/manual but what if there's slight damage to the cover? I have a copy of God of War to get rid of and there's a small tear on the cover art (I can switch the box with another).

So what if the case and manual are in pristine condition, but the disc has some scratches on them?

This will be my first trade, and a lot of them are Wii games that they won't have many copies of like Donkey Kong, Sonic Colors, and the New Smackdown.

What do you think, will they accept?

A lot of the comments on here seem to be from flippers, how about from people that have traded in their games that they play?

UPS says my package was delivered on December 22, 2010, but Amazon's status still says waiting to receive. I have contacted customer service twice and got this response both times
Items you trade in are sent to an Amazon Merchant for inspection. If your
submission is accepted by the merchant, Amazon Gift Card funds for the quoted
amount will be deposited automatically in your account within 2 business days of
receiving your trade-in at the processing facility. We cannot send cash or a
check for your trade-in.

Your payment for this item should be issued soon. In the rare case that you wait
longer than expected and your Trade-In submission status doesn't change, please
write back to us on January 13 to let us know:
Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

Any advice on what to do? Should I just wait it out and email them again on the 13th? Am I screwed?

Nothing. I once had mine delivered and then sit there due to holiday and then delivered again once the trade in expired so they simply returned them to me. You might be SOL.

I sent them a bunch of games a couple weeks ago and it said one of my copies of UFC 2010 for the 360 was damaged. It wasn't that big of a deal since all my other items were accepted. So I got my item back that they said was 'damaged' today and it is not the item that I sent them. How do I know? It has a blockbuster sticker over the barcode on the back from a store in Madison. I am 100 miles away from that store and I would have noticed a blockbuster sticker over the barcode before I sent it(I made sure they were all good quality games before sending the lot of games off to Amazon). Is there anything I can do? Otherwise I will just give the game to my friend for a late christmas present.

[quote name='warfox33']
Any advice on what to do? Should I just wait it out and email them again on the 13th? Am I screwed?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are screwed but you probably will have to wait till the 13th. They definitely should have checked them out by now. But your UPS tracking shows delivered so you are covered there. Amazon will probably make good on it even if NorAm doesn't come through.

So, I got my "damaged" game back today... It may be the same game disc, I'm not sure. It has some light scratches but nothing that would make them reject it based on that alone.

However, the case is completed crushed on one corner with big chunks of it missing and the cover art ripped where the game was obviously stomped on (and/or dropped, crushed by something else, etc). There is 0 chance I sent it in this way. Had this been a 1 or 2-game submission I sent in a padded envelope I might have bought that it could have happened in transit. But this was sent in an Amazon box with 4 other games (which were all accepted just fine) and was in a plastic bag and wrapped with paper inside the box. There is no way this happened to one game and not the others. So, yeah, there is definitely something fishy here. I will be contacting Amazon ASAP about this one as well. They've already given me credit for a more recent rejection (that I won't get back for another week probably).

Noram received my trade ins yesterday. Got credited for my 3 test drive unlimiteds and 1 my fitness coach. The other 2 I sent in were marked as damaged, scratched. My Dream Dance & Cheer trade in also got sent back as damaged, scratched, but I figured they wouldn't accept that. It only cost me $9 and my dignity anyway. I still made out from the trade ins, but getting those 2 my fitness coach games rejected makes me sad.

I had My Fitness Coach locked in at $90.75 but couldn't find one to send in. I'd have been happy with 1 out of 3, though it would have taken a lot of work to find 1 let alone 3 ;).

Two questions. How do you guys find these crazy high trade in value items? And...how often do you actually get credit for those items? Are we talking like a 50/50 shot...or more like one in a million?

Yeah I drove all around town trying to find mint copies of the game. I'm glad there's a boatload of GS around me. I also got back my damaged dinosaur king ds game. It had part of a preowned GS sticker still on it, so I guess that was my bad for not noticing and giving them an excuse to reject it.

[quote name='aspen1284']Two questions. How do you guys find these crazy high trade in value items? And...how often do you actually get credit for those items? Are we talking like a 50/50 shot...or more like one in a million?[/QUOTE]

1) There is a link in the first post that lists amazon TIVs. Check that.

2) The ones that are obvious TIV mistakes used to be accepted fine but recently CAGs have been getting rejections for it.

[quote name='io']
So, I got my "damaged" game back today... It may be the same game disc, I'm not sure. It has some light scratches but nothing that would make them reject it based on that alone.

However, the case is completed crushed on one corner with big chunks of it missing and the cover art ripped where the game was obviously stomped on (and/or dropped, crushed by something else, etc). There is 0 chance I sent it in this way. Had this been a 1 or 2-game submission I sent in a padded envelope I might have bought that it could have happened in transit. But this was sent in an Amazon box with 4 other games (which were all accepted just fine) and was in a plastic bag and wrapped with paper inside the box. There is no way this happened to one game and not the others. So, yeah, there is definitely something fishy here. I will be contacting Amazon ASAP about this one as well. They've already given me credit for a more recent rejection (that I won't get back for another week probably).[/QUOTE]

They're stomping on our games! That sucks. I've had the exact experience. Sent it in a box, then it came back with case cracked on one end. The crack was weird too and really looked like it got stomped or hammered.

We can at least get to the bottom of the game switching issue. From now on just put your initials on the inside of the manual and inside of the coverart. I have 3 games i'm sending in like this today. It really does feel like some switching is happening.

[quote name='Japakneez']
We can at least get to the bottom of the game switching issue. From now on just put your initials on the inside of the manual and inside of the coverart. I have 3 games i'm sending in like this today. It really does feel like some switching is happening.[/QUOTE]

I would be very careful with that, as it would give them reason to reject them. I'd use something less conspicuous like a red dot on some internal page in the manual.

At this point I'm done sending them stuff for a while. All I have pending right now is a guide trade.

As for that $364.25, I missed that one for sure. But I do know a few people that actually got credited for that (they sent me PMs about it as I don't think they wanted to post it publicly), so go figure. Yet they stomp on my $13 game ;).

Come to think of it, rejecting games for broken cases, even if it is a legitimate claim (ie, the case was already broken when they got it which may be the case occasionally but not as often as they claim) isn't even very smart. Surely they can get new game cases in bulk pretty damn cheap. I'd think that would cost less than mailing the game back - then they could sell the otherwise good condition game in a brand new case, making the end buyer even happier.

[quote name='evenfl0w']$364.25![/QUOTE]

Well, fudge. That's ridiculous!

Is there a way to look at the website and sort trade-in's by value? Amazon only offers Bestsellers and alphabetically.

Alright. Time to add my two cents to this. I've sent in a few trades to Nor-Am prior and got everything accepted and credited with no issues.

But two weeks ago or so I sent them :wii:F1 2009(which was a bitch to find new or used btw) and :psp:Test Drive Unlimited for $364.25 and $31.50 respectively.;)

They credited me the $31.50 for TDU, but rejected F1 for being 'incomplete', when in fact I had printed up a coverart and manual for it. I had contemplated sending it incomplete since I knew they'd reject it anyway(and they did), but I figured maybe I'd squeeze by and they'd give me the full value. Nope.

So I chatted with an Amazon rep about it, gave them my trade ID and what not, they offered me a $15 promo credit:roll:. Whatever.

So today they received/verified two more trades I sent:)360:Lips Party Classics and 3 generic HDMI cables that I sent in under the Sony PS3 SKU;)). Full credit for all three HDMI cables($9 each, fuck you and your piddly $4.40 each Gamestop), but they rejected my LPC, which was mint/complete as 'damaged-scratched'.:roll:

So I fired off emails today about both F1 and LPC. If they give me promo credits for both I'll probably buy a PS3 with the credit and maybe game or two, but I'm done with this bullshit company. Of course I really did rake them over the coals on my first trade in, where I sent $.33 worth of penny guides in for $127 in credit.;)

[quote name='io']I would be very careful with that, as it would give them reason to reject them. I'd use something less conspicuous like a red dot on some internal page in the manual.

At this point I'm done sending them stuff for a while. All I have pending right now is a guide trade.[/QUOTE]

I was going to initial it really small but I like the "dot" idea better. I'll start doing that from now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

So I fired off emails today about both F1 and LPC. If they give me promo credits for both I'll probably buy a PS3 with the credit and maybe game or two, but I'm done with this bullshit company. Of course I really did rake them over the coals on my first trade in, where I sent $.33 worth of penny guides in for $127 in credit.;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, F1 was the game we were talking about a few weeks ago. There were some shady sellers of that game that kept messing with their sale price. I think it was well over $2,000 at one point which caused F1's TIV to fuck up. The highest i saw it at was around $50. I can't imagine what caused it to go that high :lol:

No one should have got that trade to go through. Why even try to force amazon into honoring it?

[quote name='ComfortablyNumb']I wouldnt have bothered but they did honor my TIV for a Harry Potter game for $275, so anything is possilble.[/QUOTE]

Huh.. that sounds familiar. Are you sure you're a new CAG? I seem to remember another one talking about that.

Hmmm... can someone remind me who that was?
-----

a little red dot sounds like a brilliant plan actually. I'll test it on my next trade.

(can't wait to get my items rejected for damaged manual because of the dot)

[quote name='confoosious']Huh.. that sounds familiar. Are you sure you're a new CAG? I seem to remember another one talking about that.

Hmmm... can someone remind me who that was?
-----

a little red dot sounds like a brilliant plan actually. I'll test it on my next trade.

(can't wait to get my items rejected for damaged manual because of the dot)[/QUOTE]

they took my Lets Draw for $182. : )

I need more tiv mistakes..

[quote name='Japakneez']Oh, F1 was the game we were talking about a few weeks ago. There were some shady sellers of that game that kept messing with their sale price. I think it was well over $2,000 at one point which caused F1's TIV to fuck up. The highest i saw it at was around $50. I can't imagine what caused it to go that high :lol:

No one should have got that trade to go through. Why even try to force amazon into honoring it?[/QUOTE]
Take a look around in this thread. If they're going to continue doing business with a company like Nor-Am(which was supposedly reselling used games bought through this program under the name PieceOfMindMedia as 'new' after resealing them) that rejects stuff when they feel like it, then Amazon needs to wake up and end their association with Nor-Am.

Although I have a sneaking suspicion that Nor-Am/PieceOfMindMedia is much like Deal Tree is to Best Buy(aka owned by BB). Otherwise why would Amazon be so willing to issue credits(even promo credits) for ANY of these trades, since it should be up to people to have to contact Nor-Am directly. But I don't believe there IS a contact for them.

FYI: Here's a link to the WhoIs info for NorAm Partners International.

http://whois.domaintools.com/norampartners.com
Registrant:
DUGALLY, MICHAEL
NorAm International Partners, Inc.
40 Nouvelle Way N1041
Natick, MA 01760
US

Domain Name: NORAMPARTNERS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
DUGALLY, MICHAEL [email protected]
NorAm International Partners, Inc.
40 Nouvelle Way N1041
Natick, MA 01760
US
978-857-7451 fax: 707 281 4603

Record expires on 27-Dec-2011.
Record created on 27-Dec-2005.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET 66.96.142.103
NS2.IPOWERWEB.NET 65.254.254.139

And here's a business listing for them, complete with phone number:

http://www.dexknows.com/business_profiles/noram_international-l822348173

Noram International

(603) 881-3151
22 Hampshire Dr, Hudson, NH 03051

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Japakneez']Oh, F1 was the game we were talking about a few weeks ago. There were some shady sellers of that game that kept messing with their sale price. I think it was well over $2,000 at one point which caused F1's TIV to fuck up. The highest i saw it at was around $50. I can't imagine what caused it to go that high :lol:

No one should have got that trade to go through. Why even try to force amazon into honoring it?[/QUOTE]

I got around $71 for my F1 2009 no problem and that wasn't outrageous. At the time, they were selling for $80 or $90 on eBay. So I'm not sure what Amazon sellers were doing with it that was shady, but it was (and still is) a hard to find game that has a decent secondary market value (the last completed auction for a used copy was for $79). The $71 I locked it in for was not out of line, though a little on the high side for sure. If it was $40 or $50, though, I actually would have passed since I could have gotten more for it myself.

So that was one rare exception where the high value was somewhat justified. But seriously, most of these other ones are just glitches that they shouldn't let happen. They need to deal ith that problem, obviously. But above and beyond that, the rejection of semmingly random things (especially when they are just $12 games) is getting out of hand

io, here is a post i made about shady sellers back on 12/11/10. I was actually talking about F1. I noticed a low volume, but authorized seller constantly changing his pricing on F1 in a very suspicious way. I wish i remembered what his name was. It didn't look like the authorized sellers with a Company Icon and Company Name.

[quote name='Japakneez']Merchants are setting prices that trigger the ridiculous TIV script. I have seen a seller mess with his values on a day-to-day basis recently. I suspect he did this on purpose in order to trade in stuff for himself. The problem is the automated script and Amazon needs to figure this thing out. I don't blame them at all for canceling whenever issues like this occur. It is their right to do so.

If people witnessed any similar issue like this at their local mom+pop store then they would likely alert the shop of the mistake. When its a large company like amazon they feel entitled. It does not matter whether the business is small or large. Just use your common sense and let good ethics guide you... :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rpgfan']What's so great about this F1 game?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop occasionally gets exclusive releases that are only sold from their stores. F1 and Final Fantasy XII are two that i can think of off the top of my head.

The problem here is that an authorized amazon seller can create their own listings. If that listing becomes part of the trade-in program, then that seller has strong influence over its TIV. F1 is definitely a seller made listing.

[quote name='io']I got around $71 for my F1 2009 no problem and that wasn't outrageous. At the time, they were selling for $80 or $90 on eBay. So I'm not sure what Amazon sellers were doing with it that was shady, but it was (and still is) a hard to find game that has a decent secondary market value (the last completed auction for a used copy was for $79). The $71 I locked it in for was not out of line, though a little on the high side for sure. If it was $40 or $50, though, I actually would have passed since I could have gotten more for it myself.

So that was one rare exception where the high value was somewhat justified. But seriously, most of these other ones are just glitches that they shouldn't let happen. They need to deal ith that problem, obviously. But above and beyond that, the rejection of semmingly random things (especially when they are just $12 games) is getting out of hand[/QUOTE]
But they obviously haven't put that into their acceptance policies yet, just that the games have to be mint/complete, which both of mine were.

It's not MY fault that their shitty software can't stop glitching and putting up these super high values.

[quote name='Japakneez']
The problem here is that an authorized amazon seller can create their own listings. If that listing becomes part of the trade-in program, then that seller has strong influence over its TIV. F1 is definitely a seller made listing.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it is a somewhat valuable used game. I was looking at actual completed sales prices on ebay and I doubt anyone is gaming that just to make the Amazon trade-in high. It was very reasonable for NorAm to offer $40-$50 for it given its eBay value. But they also honored my $71 trade-in which I give them credit for. Even at that price it was less than it could be sold for, but I went with Amazon trade-in because after fees/shipping + the potential eBay buyer hassle I just figured the Amazon route was a better one. So, except for when it went up to $300 or whatever, I don't view that as a glitched trade-in value as much as, say, Let's Draw or My Fitness Coach or that Cheerleading game.

And IATCG, printing up a cover art and manual is not going to cut it. I know some people have gotten away with printed cover art in the past, but how exactly did you print up a manual? I had the manual for that game and it was a color glossy-covered one. You ain't duplicating that in any meaningful way. So, really, maybe it was worth a shot, but you really shouldn't expect to get anything out of that one. Of course they would inspect that one a might bit closer than for some $10 game where maybe you could print cover art. You'd have been better off just selling it on eBay. But oh yeah, I forgot, you don't do PayPal ;).

[quote name='io']And IATCG, printing up a cover art and manual is not going to cut it. I know some people have gotten away with printed cover art in the past, but how exactly did you print up a manual? I had the manual for that game and it was a color glossy-covered one. You ain't duplicating that in any meaningful way. So, really, maybe it was worth a shot, but you really shouldn't expect to get anything out of that one. Of course they would inspect that one a might bit closer than for some $10 game where maybe you could print cover art. You'd have been better off just selling it on eBay. But oh yeah, I forgot, you don't do PayPal ;).[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I don't do Paypal still and if I did I would be doing it in a way which is against PP/CAG rules(gift only or the other person pays the fee(s):booty:), so that's why it's good that I stay strictly anti-Paypal.

As for the manual, I did make the cover on glossy paper, but the rest was meh paper.

I didn't really expect them to honor it(it would've been nice), but what's really pissing me off is that several people I know sent in :360:Lips: Party Classics and they got the $90.75 trade value for that. I got mine DENIED and mine was mint/complete(from GS, no less:shock:).

It was denied due to being 'scratched', so now that means that by the time it comes back to me the GS return period is long since done, so now I'm stuck with a game that's going to probably be given the sandpaper and Binaca treatment to totally destroy it. That means that if I wanted to try and recoup what I spent on it by trying to sell/trade it on CAG I likely can't either because it won't be in perfect shape anymore.

I would've been happy to receive the LPC value and just get back the copy of F1 to resell somewhere else, but since it's gonna come back destroyed probably that means I'm SOL on both fronts.

So for that reason alone I'm tempted to file a complaint with the FTC for NorAm's selective approval process.:cry:

they really need to fix the tiv software. bunch of people are gonna send in an item that has no value and then bitch all day long about it when it gets rejected.

[quote name='confoosious']they really need to fix the tiv software. bunch of people are gonna send in an item that has no value and then bitch all day long about it when it gets rejected.[/QUOTE]

It really does seem waaay too easy to manipulate it. I really should post disclaimers every time one of those comes up that the likelihood of it actually getting accepted is slim to none and that amazon cs will play the world's saddest song on the world's tiniest violin when you complain but you probably still won't get the credit.

I forget that sometimes folks don't understand that those tivs are a mistake, not the actual value of the item. You're welcome to roll the dice (I do myself sometimes), but you're on your own!

[quote name='handsomepete']Not even sure where you'd go about finding this, but the Nyko PS3 Intercooler has a TIV of 250.00 today (http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3-Intercooler/dp/B000KIPDZO/ref=trdrt_list_asin). Note that this is _not_ the readily available ps3 slim version, but rather the old fatty version. Or at least that's what it appears to be.[/QUOTE]

People who try to send this stuff to Amazon in the hopes of getting this value on a trade deserve to have their stuff smashed with a hammer and get banned from trading ever again.

I'm all for people trading in games they no longer play so they can buy new games. It's people buying and sending in seven copies of "Hello Kitty's Grand Party" because they saw a TIV of $200 per game...you people are eventually going to ruin this for everyone else.

I can't believe this website doesn't have more of a backlash against people doing this garbage.

lol are people actually upset because they didn't get $300 credit for some racing game with a reprinted cover and manual?

Amazon isn't required to accept any trades.

That said they probably should cap out their trade in value script at $50 or something to avoid this stuff happening in the future. They have no reason to give out more than $50 for anything that isn't hardware.

More fun UPS store shenanigans yesterday. I walked in and there was one customer and two employees. I put my box on the counter and the guy said thanks and just looked at me wondering why I was still there. I asked if I could have a receipt and he said that I was welcome to copy down the tracking number. I asked him to scan it and print one out and he said that it was "a store by store thing and they didn't do that there." I told him they'd done it the last time I was in and he just stared at me. It was a small trade-in, so I didn't push it, but I think I'll go elsewhere next time.

I've sat back through most of the conspiracy talk, but if you guys want to see if you get the same game back, use a yellow highlighter or a UV pen and put a dot on each item.

You can get a UV pen on ebay for $4 shipped...probably even cheaper if you look around the internet.

[quote name='io']I don't think you are screwed but you probably will have to wait till the 13th. They definitely should have checked them out by now. But your UPS tracking shows delivered so you are covered there. Amazon will probably make good on it even if NorAm doesn't come through.

However, the case is completed crushed on one corner with big chunks of it missing and the cover art ripped where the game was obviously stomped on (and/or dropped, crushed by something else, etc). There is 0 chance I sent it in this way. Had this been a 1 or 2-game submission I sent in a padded envelope I might have bought that it could have happened in transit. But this was sent in an Amazon box with 4 other games (which were all accepted just fine) and was in a plastic bag and wrapped with paper inside the box. There is no way this happened to one game and not the others. So, yeah, there is definitely something fishy here. I will be contacting Amazon ASAP about this one as well. They've already given me credit for a more recent rejection (that I won't get back for another week probably).[/QUOTE]

Yup, the damage sounds very similar to what happened to my game:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8027523#post8027523

My game was missing a manual, so there wasn't an extra motive needed to trump up a damage claim. Possibly some guy thought it would be fun to jump on the packages while the supervisors were gone during the holidays? :p

[quote name='handsomepete']Not even sure where you'd go about finding this, but the Nyko PS3 Intercooler has a TIV of 250.00 today (http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3-Intercooler/dp/B000KIPDZO/ref=trdrt_list_asin). Note that this is _not_ the readily available ps3 slim version, but rather the old fatty version. Or at least that's what it appears to be.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like they fixed the price by moving a decimal point. I'll gladly take $25 for it though. I have one sitting in a box somewhere collecting dust, because the thing was too damn loud.

Does anyone know if you need the original box for something like this? I've only ever traded in games and dvds, so I don't know the protocol for accessories.

[quote name='io']

that sounds familiar ! one of mine came back just like that

Don't know whether or not this has been posted previously, but someone was lamenting about not being able to sort by trade in values. You actually can, by manipulating the address bar's value for the various pages. I haven't found anything mindblowing so don't get your hopes up for more F1 2009's (now trading in at $1.75) and whatnot, although there are placeholders for various items that can't be traded in that would be insanely more valuable than they really are based on the trade in values of the items they fall between (usually full system trade ins). Other items show up very high in the value sorting (for example, the #1 item is Crazy Taxi Fare Wars UK edition, but with no trade in price listed or button to trade it in) but either have no value set or appear to have ridiculously low trade in values. And all sorts of items are not in order - Earthbound shows up with a trade in value of $20, FLOL, in between items that are $89 and $90.50 IIRC. Suikoden 2 has a $15 TIV.

Now, here's how to sort trade ins by price - go to the first trade in page (featuring 1-24 out of 11 thousand some odd trade in choices), let's say you choose to sort alphabetically from the drop down on the top right of the page.

Now the address bar for the page that pops up will be something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1294441722/ref=sr_st?page=1&rh=n%3A468642%2Cn%3A%2144263011%2Cn%3A979418011&bbn=979418011&sort=titlerank

See that little "sort=" filter at the end? Modify that to equal their pricing filter (price).

Price from cheapest to highest is sort=price

Price from highest to cheapest is sort=-price

(just as A-Z is =titlerank and Z-A is =-titlerank)

So modify the address bar to sort=-price and you will get the highest trade in values of the 11 thousand items (actually it's only about 9,600 items)

Unfortunately, you will have to change the page numbers (i.e. "page=1", "page=2 etc.) manually in the address bar to traverse the list by price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back