CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHOOK1904']quick question

the original post touches on this but just needed some clarity:

from the OP:

Q: My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?

A:Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

NOW

what if it is the opposite of this? they have the GH version on the site, and i want to trade in the Original.

i would assume this is OK (unless, like stated above ,there are 2 different versions Listed with 2 different prices on the site)

yea or nay?[/QUOTE]

Type the UPC in the search box.

[quote name='kojiro']Got my credit today for my 4 copies of Donkey Kong Country (SNES) across 2 accounts. Scored a sweet $100 spot.[/QUOTE]

Were they all complete? Or do they accept cart only?

[quote name='henryVIII']Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360) has a trade-in value of $21.00, up from $7.75 just one week ago.

I'd like to hold on to mine, but $21 is very tempting! Hasn't been that much since August 2010.

H17eBeKAZBEARBEG+ReK7wrg8AAACA0gDXBwAAACoFuD4AAABQKcD1AQAAgEoBrg8AAABUCv8fSBkR5uG3RCoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
[/QUOTE]

Nice catch. It is now $23. With my backlog by the time I get back to it battlefield 3 will be out.

Forgive me if already posted, but here is a great site to track historical trade-in values from Amazon.

Its very helpful if you're unsure whether or not the current trade-in value is a good deal. Just look up your game and click the little graph icon next to the title.

http://ativ.scurker.com/

[quote name='bywaytm']Nice catch. It is now $23. With my backlog by the time I get back to it battlefield 3 will be out.[/QUOTE]

Was at $24 for a short while yesterday.

I am almost glad the PS3 version isn't in the $20 range. I love the game and want to hang on to it (though I haven't played it much lately). I think if I could get about $20-$25 then I couldn't resist because I got it for about $30 and BF3 is coming in the Fall.

I've traded 3 different $35+ plus games in the past two weeks without a hitch. I was a little nervous given all the recent complaints but they all went through. Usually credited 1 day after it was delivered.

[quote name='confoosious']I've traded 3 different $35+ plus games in the past two weeks without a hitch. I was a little nervous given all the recent complaints but they all went through. Usually credited 1 day after it was delivered.[/QUOTE]

That's good. Mine usually take like 3 days after it was delivered to take credited. Don't know why. Takes like a week to get there and then another 3 days to get credited.

[quote name='AJVtony831']That's good. Mine usually take like 3 days after it was delivered to take credited. Don't know why. Takes like a week to get there and then another 3 days to get credited.[/QUOTE]
Yeah mine have been anywhere from 1-3 days as well. Just depends on when during the week they get it I think. For me it seems like when they receive it Thursday/Friday, I wont get the credit until Monday.

I submitted a online trade in for Xbox 360 Elite.

I have the Batman/Pure version, can I go ahead and submit it under the regular Xbox Elite submission.

Also, do they need the original box? I was thinking of removing the stickers from the original box so they dont scan the wrong item. I know its still the Elite but the Spring edition has the games.

Or should I just send it in the white xbox box (arcade)

anyone have experience with hardware trade?

It must be my account.....I just got an email saying 2 of 4 games were missing disc AGAIN! I stopped using amazon for a while going with BB, but started using them again a couple weeks ago for a few random things BB wasn't paying as much for. I always thought they would damage or misplace games they were getting too much of/and paying too high of a TIV for ie. target clearance, gamestop sale/price reductions (fallout NV). This time they lost/stole wii Tomb Raider aniversary and Wii Spongebob squarepants game discs. Now I don't know what to think. There were 3 trades that went fine since the 6 target clearance games all disappeared from one trade in. Now this again. This has never happened to my wife's account which I use, only to my account. I think I will now permanently retire it and open a new one. I believe it must be black listed or something.

I just sent in my 40GB ps3 yesterday so I should be able to provide some feedback on how that trade in goes in a couple of days. I had UPS package it for $20. I took a picture of the ps3 running with the dashboard up in case Noram wants to peddle some bullshit about it being broken. As long as I get my $200 credit I don't really care.

[quote name='Brenex']I just sent in my 40GB ps3 yesterday so I should be able to provide some feedback on how that trade in goes in a couple of days. I had UPS package it for $20. I took a picture of the ps3 running with the dashboard up in case Noram wants to peddle some bullshit about it being broken. As long as I get my $200 credit I don't really care.[/QUOTE]

i did the same thing but ups only charged me $9 to package it :p

I just read this - this quote comes straight out of amazon's Trade-In Program Terms and Conditions.

" Rejected Items that are Incorrect, Extra, Unauthorized, Lost and Damaged items are not eligible for return or payment.
"Incorrect" items are items that do not match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store."

I just recieved a copy of a recent music game from AWD with the UPC or more likely the "not for resale" message cut out. The cover art was different from the single retail game (I have one of those here). It was sold to me in "GOOD" condition. I wonder if the person who traded this in got the shaft, according to the terms/conditions, they would not get paid and the game wasn't returned. I thought it was weird because NORAM will normally reject "not for resale" games.

Just a heads up ... make sure you have the right copy. If in question, I wouldn't send it. Any game that may have a "best buy exclusive" "gamestop exclusive map"etc. printed on its cover may have a different UPC from the normal retail copy and may be considered an Incorrect Item. For example, if you look up assassin's creed II on best buy's trade in program it shows 4 different UPCs they accept for that game. NORAM will only take one of them I think.

[quote name='Toss']I just read this - this quote comes straight out of amazon's Trade-In Program Terms and Conditions.

" Rejected Items that are Incorrect, Extra, Unauthorized, Lost and Damaged items are not eligible for return or payment.
"Incorrect" items are items that do not match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In store."

Just a heads up ... make sure you have the right copy. If in question, I wouldn't send it. Any game that may have a "best buy exclusive" "gamestop exclusive map"etc. printed on its cover may have a different UPC from the normal retail copy and may be considered an Incorrect Item. For example, if you look up assassin's creed II on best buy's trade in program it shows 4 different UPCs they accept for that game. NORAM will only take one of them I think.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, this has me a little concerned now. I am submitting a Limited Edition copy of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Since they didn't have a trade-in option for the limited edition, I simply submitted it under the regular edition of BFBC2. Is there a chance they would deem this "incorrect" and not send the game back to me?

wow.. if they aren't going to ship back "incorrect" items, they really should tell you what UPC they're looking for before you send it off

Yeah, this has me a little concerned now. I just sent in a Limited Edition version of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

However, since there was not an option to trade-in the Limited Edition version, I simply submitted the trade-in under the regular version of BFBC2.

Is there a chance they'll reject the item and not send it back?

[quote name='henryVIII']Yeah, this has me a little concerned now. I just sent in a Limited Edition version of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

However, since there was not an option to trade-in the Limited Edition version, I simply submitted the trade-in under the regular version of BFBC2.

Is there a chance they'll reject the item and not send it back?[/QUOTE]
No you're fine.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks!

[quote name='joogle']I submitted a online trade in for Xbox 360 Elite.

I have the Batman/Pure version, can I go ahead and submit it under the regular Xbox Elite submission.

Also, do they need the original box? I was thinking of removing the stickers from the original box so they dont scan the wrong item. I know its still the Elite but the Spring edition has the games.

Or should I just send it in the white xbox box (arcade)

anyone have experience with hardware trade?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DudeImGodly']i did the same thing but ups only charged me $9 to package it :p[/QUOTE]

I was in a bit of a rush at the time but wow, I just saw I got charged 16.77 for a box. fuck should have gotten it before hand at UHaul. Oh well, live and learn

Has anyone had any success arguing an incorrect item rejection? I got one today - there is only one version of this item... is there anything I can do?

[quote name='henryVIII']Yeah, this has me a little concerned now. I just sent in a Limited Edition version of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Is there a chance they'll reject the item and not send it back?[/QUOTE]

I did the same with Dragon Age 2 and they rejected it for incorrect item.

[quote name='cheeky']Has anyone had any success arguing an incorrect item rejection? I got one today - there is only one version of this item... is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

Amazon customer support will give you the credit anyway. At least they always seem to for everyone else in this thread.

I just sent in couple of games. They're listed as the greatest hits version on the site, but i sent the originals. Hope they don't get rejected because that.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I just sent in couple of games. They're listed as the greatest hits version on the site, but i sent the originals. Hope they don't get rejected because that.[/QUOTE]

I just added this to the FAQ:

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

next person to ask this question will be flogged :)

[quote name='cheeky']Has anyone had any success arguing an incorrect item rejection? I got one today - there is only one version of this item... is there anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

per toss' post and quote of amazon trade-in policy, does this mean they are not sending it back to you?

[quote name='frpilot']per toss' post and quote of amazon trade-in policy, does this mean they are not sending it back to you?[/QUOTE]

So far it looks like they are processing a return of the item.

per toss' post and quote of amazon trade-in policy, does this mean they are not sending it back to you?

[quote name='fujimitsu']Amazon customer support will give you the credit anyway. At least they always seem to for everyone else in this thread.[/QUOTE]

it is a headache and stressful and takes time. i ended up having to contact amazon multiple times between amazon saying they will issue credit and forgetting and once asking me to wait 15 days to see if NorAm contacts me back or received it back in the mail.

who knows what they say with this new "incorrect" item policy. it specifically says "incorrect items will not be returned" where as before, if it was wrong they say it will be returned.

[quote name='intuition']I did the same with Dragon Age 2 and they rejected it for incorrect item.[/QUOTE]

Did they send the item back to you?

[quote name='frpilot']
who knows what they say with this new "incorrect" item policy. it specifically says "incorrect items will not be returned" where as before, if it was wrong they say it will be returned.[/QUOTE]

That policy is not new and they still return items denied for trade in. That policy refers to random other shit you may accidentally throw in the box. Any company that gets shipments has a similar policy buried in their TOS.

[quote name='confoosious']I just added this to the FAQ:

next person to ask this question will be flogged :)[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you could type the upc code into the search box. Good to know, thanks.

[quote name='henryVIII']Did they send the item back to you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, would be pretty pissed if they rejected it and just jacked it as well.

It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, this was very helpful. I was able to track down the SKU for BFBC2 Limited Edition and punched it in the search at Amazon Trade-In. Looks like they will accept it after all.

They got my items yesterday and I got giftcards deposited today. 2 DSI without boxes only Chargers and stylus and one was rejected and one accepted. Dont know why but it was only $40 from craigslist anyways. All my other games accepted without problem.

[quote name='CyReN']Why does it take a week to get there but it takes like a day or two to get back?[/QUOTE]

because you live far away from them and use UPS.

When they return stuff, they use USPS.

[quote name='confoosious']because you live far away from them and use UPS.

When they return stuff, they use USPS.[/QUOTE]

Not always, LOL. I listed my PO Box as the return address and they tried to UPS it there.

next person to ask this question will be flogged :)[/QUOTE]

bless you my son. much obliged.

also, added Mortal Kombat :ps3: to the things of interest. 40.00 smackeroos ain't nothin to sneeze at.

[quote name='cheeky']Not always, LOL. I listed my PO Box as the return address and they tried to UPS it there.[/QUOTE]

they prob use UPS for larger packages. I've had a couple of games returned to me and they use USPS when it's a single item.

[quote name='CyReN']Why does it take a week to get there but it takes like a day or two to get back?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']they prob use UPS for larger packages. I've had a couple of games returned to me and they use USPS when it's a single item.[/QUOTE]

My last couple of returns were single games and were sent back via UPS in padded envelopes. Granted, this was back in late December so maybe they've changed. Though before that (like last summer) they used to send stuff back USPS.

Anyway, it was a real pain because it was 8-9 days to ship to them, 4-5 days of processing, and 8-9 days for the returned games to get back to me. I still have one sitting here by my computer - a perfectly mint copy of Bioshock 2 for the 360 that had the corner of the case stomped on and cracked. I mentioned this several times back in the big "do they or don't they" debate of early this year, but I sent it in a box with several other games which were all accepted, so I seriously doubt this damage happened in transit by UPS.

i know Amazon gets super volume discounts but can they possibly send a game cross country via UPS for cheaper than USPS? (which is like $2.xx retail)

(Only if they step on it first!)

[quote name='confoosious']i know Amazon gets super volume discounts but can they possibly send a game cross country via UPS for cheaper than USPS? (which is like $2.xx retail)

(Only if they step on it first!)[/QUOTE]

I know that a company I worked at that did lots of shipping got an insane discount on UPS for being a major shipper. Made small packages cheaper than USPS standard rates. Now I know USPS offers discounts to major shippers as well but maybe they aren't as good or something.

Looked around, but didn't see anything about it.

Say I have locked in a trade of 5 games, but I changed my mind on 1 of them and want to hold on to it. There's no way to just cancel 1 game, and would have to instead cancel all of them. If i do so then submit my other 4, I lose out on some credit.

If I just send the 4 off, would I still get credit for just those 4 smoothly? or would it just mess up the whole trade in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back