Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:
-- BlueLobstah
-- CheapAssGamer
THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about NORAM smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 06/07/2011)
Can I post a question on this thread?
  • Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.
Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
  • You bet! Up top there is a section for notable TIVs - feel free to add anything in there (and if you can remember, clean up after yourself in a few days when the TIV has undoubtedly dropped). You can edit the FAQ too, please just make sure it's useful and well formatted! Thanks!
Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
  • The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.
What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
  • Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.
Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
  • Yes.
Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.
Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
  • Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.
Can I send in sealed games?
  • Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.
Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
  • UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.
I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
  • Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
    NorAm International
    22 Hampshire Dr
    Hudson, NH 03051
    (This is also an option when submitting your trades)
When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
  • You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!
Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
  • Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.
How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
  • From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.
How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 6/8/11)
  • Usually a day or with little delay at all, but the longest reported days so far is 4.
My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
  • People have received credit on a Saturday.
I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.
I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!
My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
  • This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.
My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
  • It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!
My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
  • It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.
I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
  • If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.
The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
  • This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.
I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
  • Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.
Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
  • Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
  • Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.
I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).
Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
  • It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.
So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
  • Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.
Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
  • Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
  • The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
    LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.
Can I edit a submitted trade?
  • Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.
Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
  • Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.
Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
  • According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.
Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
  • Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)
I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!
What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
    • Good Condition eligibility (games):
    • - The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
      - Game still plays perfectly
      - Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

[*]Acceptable eligibility (games):

- Game still plays perfectly
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
      - Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

[*]Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:

- Game does not play perfectly
      - Disc is cracked
      - Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)
    Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.
Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.
Who is AFS? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Not sure yet, but that's the name on the trade-in shipping labels now instead of NORAM. May just be NORAM with a different name. This will be updated as we learn more.
Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skateraXVIII']

A few weeks ago I sent in a textbook in perfect condition, but found out that it was rejected because the cover was damaged. After it had been returned to me, I saw that there was a huge cut down the back cover of my book (most likely from the boxcutter), so I contacted an Amazon customer service rep and explained that when I had shipped my book it had been in near perfect condition, but after it had been returned to me it had a humongous cut down the back cover. The rep took sympathy on me and gave me a credit to my Amazon account.

All you have to do is be courteous and you'll more than likely get the credit you deserve.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, I gave it a shot and they told me that it was damaged in transit by UPS (riiiiight) and to contact UPS to place a claim for my damaged disc. Yeah, I'm sure that'll work.

So no trade in credit and a busted game, fantastic!

[quote name='Pride7ds']Thanks for the advice, I gave it a shot and they told me that it was damaged in transit by UPS (riiiiight) and to contact UPS to place a claim for my damaged disc. Yeah, I'm sure that'll work.

So no trade in credit and a busted game, fantastic![/QUOTE]

Just keep trying with amazon cs. Don't think ups would care if you talked to them anyways since you didn't pay for the shipping.

[quote name='Pride7ds']Thanks for the advice, I gave it a shot and they told me that it was damaged in transit by UPS (riiiiight) and to contact UPS to place a claim for my damaged disc. Yeah, I'm sure that'll work.

Did you shipped it in a bubble mailer or an envelope?

I always reuse the boxes from Amazon.

[quote name='luischav3z']Did you shipped it in a bubble mailer or an envelope?

I always reuse the boxes from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Bubble mailer - I know I should have used a box but I had been 4 for 4 with the bubble mailers and I hadn't heard many bad stories lately so I thought I'd be okay.

I actually haven't received the game back yet but I figured their description of cracked disc would render it busted. Maybe I'll get lucky and just the case was cracked in transit. If the game is unplayable, I'll try to contact them again.

Thanks for the advice fellas and I'll definitely be using boxes from here on out.

Keep trying the all options, email, chat , and phone. Sometimes you gotta do all 3.

Amazon rocks! I sent them a couple of items and they said that one of them was not received even though I put it in there. I emailed Amazon about it and they sent me a promotional credit for the value of the item, no questions asked.

[quote name='NOFX232']Amazon rocks! I sent them a couple of items and they said that one of them was not received even though I put it in there. I emailed Amazon about it and they sent me a promotional credit for the value of the item, no questions asked.[/QUOTE]
Amazon direct or the trade in company?

Just got notification that they accepted my Driving Force GT that arrived on Wednesday and I got the like new credit of $109.25. Pretty awesome that in December I paid $99 for it from Amazon and then was able to trade it in for $10.25 more than I paid!

[quote name='retail sucks']I've been using USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxes(Size: 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2")
http://www.usps.com/shipping/pmc_files/jan022011/usps_pm_car_med_fr.jpg

There is one little side tab that holds the box together, so I carefully peel it away from the box, turn the box inside out, poke two small holes close together two at the top & two at the bottom of the tab to put it back together and use garbage/bread ties to hold it, and then tape the hell out of it. It's worked everytime, no problem.
[/QUOTE]

Bad idea...The more recent boxes have the inside striped with 'priority mail postage required' throughout and if it not used for priority mail, it can be viewed as 'misuse of postal property', a federal offense. While they may be 'free', the USPS views those boxes as their property and are profoundly unhappy with anyone not using them to mail stuff via priority mail.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16072154/detail.html

Wow, Amazon is freaking ridiculous with accessory trade-ins. I sent in a mostly unused Dualshock 3 as "like new", complete with the plastic box it came in (and it was really nicely exacto-knived open, not torn up like crap), and they returned it to me because they rated it as "acceptable" (not even "good"!)

That's just... sigh.

yup amazon is fucking done for trade ins. I'm not going to deal with them determining what value something is and giving you half the value they advertise on the website.

I guess it's a step above stepping on games and returning them as defective, but still bullshit.

[quote name='zohar']Wow, Amazon is freaking ridiculous with accessory trade-ins. I sent in a mostly unused Dualshock 3 as "like new", complete with the plastic box it came in (and it was really nicely exacto-knived open, not torn up like crap), and they returned it to me because they rated it as "acceptable" (not even "good"!)

That's just... sigh.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, that sucks! Definitely going to have to think twice now before trading into amazon :cry:

[quote name='K_G']Bad idea...The more recent boxes have the inside striped with 'priority mail postage required' throughout and if it not used for priority mail, it can be viewed as 'misuse of postal property', a federal offense. While they may be 'free', the USPS views those boxes as their property and are profoundly unhappy with anyone not using them to mail stuff via priority mail.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16072154/detail.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I had no idea it was that big of a deal :cold: I'll quit doing that LOL. I'm still not using a bubble mailer though. :shame:

so they messed up a trade in of mine and instead of giftcard credit they gave me promo credit. Now anytime i buy something it is taken off my giftcards instead of my promo credit. im afraid the promo credit will expire and i have $700.xx giftcard credit so that isnt going away anytime soon. i never had this issue before but how do i get it to take off the promo credit instead of gift card credit? iv tried amounts under and over the $14 promo credit and still nothing... thanx!

They just want stuff that's actually like new so that they can resell through the Warehouse. I'm almost convinced of it. But, they did accept my copies of KOTOR and Devil May Cry trilogy as Like New, so I got no complaints (yet) ;)

[quote name='Velo214']so they messed up a trade in of mine and instead of giftcard credit they gave me promo credit. Now anytime i buy something it is taken off my giftcards instead of my promo credit. im afraid the promo credit will expire and i have $700.xx giftcard credit so that isnt going away anytime soon. i never had this issue before but how do i get it to take off the promo credit instead of gift card credit? iv tried amounts under and over the $14 promo credit and still nothing... thanx![/QUOTE]

promo credit can only be applied to items sold directly from amazon.com, not wherehouse deals or any other 3rd party sellers.

shit, I just sent in

Halo Reach
NBA2k11
Mario Party 8
Just Dance
Mario Galaxy,

my games are cleean, all cases, manuals and disks were like new, they credited me $107 hope they dont jack me once they get them..

I sent in two PS3s and it worked like a charm, and was really fast. The more I read this thread, the more I think I pretty much was just the luckiest guy ever. I feel bad for you guys, since I know the stress I was feeling while the consoles were on their way and I was reading this thread. I don't know how it can be this hard to get reliable people to process the trade-ins for them.

I sent in a pristine PSP -- not one scratch -- and not only did they not accept it as 'like-new,' they wouldn't take it as 'good' either. They marked it down to 'Acceptable' and I'm glad I didn't accidentally click on 'accept lower trade value' because the difference was $93 for the like-new and $24 for acceptable!

I guess they now need the box itself to be in like-new condition too, because the system itself was flawless. My box was in OK shape, completely intact, and I had the manuals and everything else....guess they are just being REALLY particular when it comes to system trade-ins.

[quote name='zohar']Wow, Amazon is freaking ridiculous with accessory trade-ins. I sent in a mostly unused Dualshock 3 as "like new", complete with the plastic box it came in (and it was really nicely exacto-knived open, not torn up like crap), and they returned it to me because they rated it as "acceptable" (not even "good"!)

I am sorry that happened to you. You should tell Amazon CS what happened. I traded in my DS3 a while back before this tier trade in system started and they accepted my trade in without any packaging.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I sent in a pristine PSP -- not one scratch -- and not only did they not accept it as 'like-new,' they wouldn't take it as 'good' either. They marked it down to 'Acceptable' and I'm glad I didn't accidentally click on 'accept lower trade value' because the difference was $93 for the like-new and $24 for acceptable!

I guess they now need the box itself to be in like-new condition too, because the system itself was flawless. My box was in OK shape, completely intact, and I had the manuals and everything else....guess they are just being REALLY particular when it comes to system trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

You have to look at it from their point of view: the consumer they sell it to will judge the condition on everything, including the box.

[quote name='confoosious']You have to look at it from their point of view: the consumer they sell it to will judge the condition on everything, including the box.[/QUOTE]

The box was definitely 'good.' I didn't even know they guaranteed a box when selling systems, did they?

Either way, to have it downgraded to 'acceptable' is IMO unacceptable. I'll just sell it on Amazon Marketplace instead.

[quote name='jer7583']wow. Is the box for a PSP really worth $70?[/QUOTE]

Apparently it is. The PSP I had was absolutely mint. I had the manual, charger, card -- everything. As far as the box goes, let me put it this way: it was the same condition that Amazon's Warehouse Deals had listed as 'Like-New' when I bought it from them a couple of months ago!

They were going to bypass both Like-New and Good and give me $25 for it instead of the $92 the 'like-new' was getting (even 'good' was nabbing $80 the other day).

Definitely odd, because I've had good success trading in games with scratches and all kinds of other issues in the past. Not this time though! At least I'm getting it back tomorrow (hopefully with no issues).

I was going to send in my 360 Elite but just realized I have the Forza 3/Ultimate Alliance box. Should I even bother sending it in? I see stories of people getting it rejected for no reason.

I had mostly good luck with them accepting acceptable games. I wasn't sure if they would reject everything or not.

Game 1, former rental with manual in rental case and many scratches, accepted
Game 2, disc only rental game with sticker on the disc, many scratches, accepted
Game 3, original case with cover art, no manual, disc had writing on it, many scratches, accepted
Game 4, disc only game in generic case, many scratches, accepted
Game 5, cartridge only Gameboy game, torn label. rejected due to "severe damage"

So unless it was YMMV my games got accepted, it looks like the disc games just have to play and not be cracked to be accepted.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']The box was definitely 'good.' I didn't even know they guaranteed a box when selling systems, did they?

Either way, to have it downgraded to 'acceptable' is IMO unacceptable. I'll just sell it on Amazon Marketplace instead.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. That's why I always check "Return Items".

[quote name='confoosious']I hear you. That's why I always check "Return Items".[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going for it on my Elite - I'm letting them downgrade. Amazon will hear from me if it goes below good, though. I submitted it at "Like New" which is pushing it (though it is very clean and looks pretty new) - but it definitely qualifies as "Good". If they, in good faith, mark it down to that I have no problem. However, losing $60 more for acceptable, is, well, not acceptable ;).

Granted, $140 is still good for an Elite. But I remember why I didn't trade it for $172 before (when they didn't have the condition tiers). It still works just fine and I kind of need a second 360 in the house (with me and the 2 boys playing games). I'll end up having to buy a replacement. It will run me $300 to get a new one with a HD, so even if I get the best possible trade-in price, I'm still shelling out quite a bit more to get essentially the same thing. While it is nice to upgrade, my Elite works perfectly fine.

In any case, I spent much of the weekend transfering content and I think I have it all taken care of. I didn't wipe the drive (except for profiles of course) just in case they completely send it back for some reason.

I have lots of pictures including a shot of the box as I put each accessory in. I am definitely including everything, and some of it is still sealed from purchase (like that adapter thing and the network cable).

There is absolutely no reason for it not to be marked "good". We'll see... I'll probably mail it Tuesday. I need to find a nice huge box to put the original box in to make sure there is no damage in transit. I hadn't looked in that box since I got it - there no styrofoam and almost no padding at all around the 360, which is somewhat shocking. There are just two pieces of cardboard that slide in front and behind the system. The top touches the top of the box and the bottom is packed up against the accessories. It definitely needs to go inside another box with lots of additional packing material.

I sent an accessory, a PS3 / PS3 Move Assault Rifle Controller, in last week along with a game(in separate box/transaction) that wasn't accepted as like new with the reason given as *Original packaging damaged.

First of all the item was only used twice, literally, after I received it brand new directly from CTA Digital(won it in a promo). I took video of the item before sending just in case a problem occurred, which in this case it has.

Here is a link to the HD video of the item just before I packaged & sent it:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/cubicinch/?action=view&current=CTAdigitalmoverifleMP4.mp4

There is no way this item could be considered any but like new or good at the worst, but it was given an "acceptable" rating because of the original packaging but as you can see in the video the item was "like new"!

Because of this I will no longer send in any trade items to Amazon/AMS(?) & I'm considering a BBB complaint against the trade-in company.

Anyone have any luck trading in the PS3 bluetooth remote without the original packaging? I've got 2 of them and no longer need both... but who the hell keeps the packaging of a remote control? Especially Sony's military-grade plastic. There's no way to get the thing out without cutting it up!

Anyway just wondering if it's worth my time to try.

Just have them return it if they dont take the like new option. I doubt you will get the full value without the box but at least you will get the item back

They grade them now, like new, good, acceptable and give you value based on what they feel your item is worth.

You have the option to pick one when trading in and you can either have it returned to you if they want to give you less, or allow them to give you a lesser value

[quote name='jacknicklson']Just have them return it if they dont take the like new option. I doubt you will get the full value without the box but at least you will get the item back[/QUOTE]

Well "Good" is offering the same value as "Like New" so I'm going with that. However, even for "Good" it says that they need original packaging.

I guess I'll just give it a try and see what happens. Worst case scenario, GameStop.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Just have them return it if they dont take the like new option. I doubt you will get the full value without the box but at least you will get the item back[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I selected the like new option for the Move Rifle, and to have it returned if graded otherwise so mine is being returned which morally I couldn't accept anything less than that condition & I knew other CAG members had problems with items being stated as acceptable when their at least in "Good" condition.

I've never had a problem with getting credit for games which I've sent in many, & all have been like new as well. I sent Crysis 2 in for $30 last week and just like the Move assault rifle it was mint. My accessory not being accepted in just plain bull sh!t and a scam to get lower price to resale.

[quote name='confoosious']BBB is useless. Don't even waste your time.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I've always had decent success when using the BBB, unless someone here has already tried complaining about Amazon Trade-In. It at least requires the company to respond & it puts them through the trouble of having to deal with the issue.

I too have had success with BBB as well. Any reputable company will at the very least respond to the complaint which BBB passes on to you.

Really we should figure what they're doing with the Warehouse. I'm putting my tinfoil hat on again here, but I think NorAm/Amazon Trade-in is in cahoots with their Warehouse store to resell things received through trade-ins as like new and such. While this in itself isn't a problem since I mean, what else are they going to do with the trade-ins? However, they shouldn't claim the products they're selling are just things that were damaged while sitting their warehouses or during deliveries or just returns (unless they have changed something in the wording about their Warehouse products). I'm not too keen on their dishonesty about that. Selling Earthbound, for example, when Amazon didn't even exist when the game came out makes no sense.

[quote name='imacgod']I too have had success with BBB as well. Any reputable company will at the very least respond to the complaint which BBB passes on to you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I might give the BBB a try to at least put in a formal complaint out counting I already spoke with Amazon support and their useless, all I got in response was a "no duh" link:

Amazon.com Help: Trade-In Product Eligibility
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...8390_electronics?nodeId=200438390#electronics

Also, my Move Rifle had better arrive in the condition it was sent in. I'm going record it's condition as soon as it arrives from UPS. Otherwise if it's not damaged as they stated I see a conspiracy to get items traded in and then lower the grade to make $$$.

My suggestion to everyone is to not settle for a lower price/condition option when trading something you KNOW was in better condition.

I've given them too much business to get dumped on. I have two paid in full pre-orders(MW3 & BF3) and I buy 90% of my games from them:shame::censored::argue::headache::bomb:

How many games can you have on a single trade in order ? I am trying to clear out space in my house and am fine with what Amazon is giving but I have around 100 I need to send off. Can I put all these on one order even if I have to use multiple boxes.

I would assume they would just look through them and send any ones they didnt like back (although my stuff is all in pristine condition).

[quote name='AdvOfJet']How many games can you have on a single trade in order ? I am trying to clear out space in my house and am fine with what Amazon is giving but I have around 100 I need to send off. Can I put all these on one order even if I have to use multiple boxes.

I would assume they would just look through them and send any ones they didnt like back (although my stuff is all in pristine condition).[/QUOTE]

Not sure there's a "number of overall items" limit, but there is a limit on the number of one item (ex: Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2) you can trade in, and any trade-in is limited to a max. trade-in value of $750.

[quote name='jely']Not sure there's a "number of overall items" limit, but there is a limit on the number of one item (ex: Xbox 360 Mass Effect 2) you can trade in, and any trade-in is limited to a max. trade-in value of $750.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks. Not going to get near that limit I imagine and they are all just 1 copy of each title so I should be ok. Might have to do this then. Thanks :)

[quote name='AdvOfJet']How many games can you have on a single trade in order ? I am trying to clear out space in my house and am fine with what Amazon is giving but I have around 100 I need to send off. Can I put all these on one order even if I have to use multiple boxes.

I would assume they would just look through them and send any ones they didnt like back (although my stuff is all in pristine condition).[/QUOTE]

If you're using multiple boxes, you're probably better off submitting separate trade ins. Even if you don't, I would still submit multiple trade ins because trading in 100 items at one time makes it easy for them to say that some weren't included or they were "lost". There is too much risk in my opinion to do one trade in of 100 items.

[quote name='AJVtony831']If you're using multiple boxes, you're probably better off submitting separate trade ins. Even if you don't, I would still submit multiple trade ins because trading in 100 items at one time makes it easy for them to say that some weren't included or they were "lost". There is too much risk in my opinion to do one trade in of 100 items.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with 100, but for a point of reference, i just sent in 40 DVDs and all were accepted with no issue. I sent in one smaller/medium size box and had no issues it seems.

They do let you break up one order into multiple boxes. There should be a link under the "print label" link when you check out your trade.

Granted, if you think you have so many games and require multiple boxes, might as well make separate orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back