Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:
-- BlueLobstah
-- CheapAssGamer
THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about NORAM smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 06/07/2011)
Can I post a question on this thread?
  • Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.
Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
  • You bet! Up top there is a section for notable TIVs - feel free to add anything in there (and if you can remember, clean up after yourself in a few days when the TIV has undoubtedly dropped). You can edit the FAQ too, please just make sure it's useful and well formatted! Thanks!
Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
  • The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.
What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
  • Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.
Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
  • Yes.
Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.
Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
  • Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.
Can I send in sealed games?
  • Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.
Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
  • UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.
I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
  • Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
    NorAm International
    22 Hampshire Dr
    Hudson, NH 03051
    (This is also an option when submitting your trades)
When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
  • You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!
Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
  • Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.
How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
  • From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.
How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 6/8/11)
  • Usually a day or with little delay at all, but the longest reported days so far is 4.
My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
  • People have received credit on a Saturday.
I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.
I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!
My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
  • This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.
My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
  • It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!
My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
  • It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.
I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
  • If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.
The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
  • This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.
I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
  • Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.
Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
  • Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
  • Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.
I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).
Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
  • It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.
So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
  • Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.
Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
  • Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
  • The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
    LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.
Can I edit a submitted trade?
  • Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.
Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
  • Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.
Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
  • According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.
Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
  • Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)
I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!
What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
    • Good Condition eligibility (games):
    • - The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
      - Game still plays perfectly
      - Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

[*]Acceptable eligibility (games):

- Game still plays perfectly
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
      - Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

[*]Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:

- Game does not play perfectly
      - Disc is cracked
      - Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)
    Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.
Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.
Who is AFS? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Not sure yet, but that's the name on the trade-in shipping labels now instead of NORAM. May just be NORAM with a different name. This will be updated as we learn more.
Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
While I keep nearly all my console packaging (thus why I had a really nice box for my Elite) I do draw the line at clamshell packaging for controllers and such. That seems ridiculous to have to keep.

If they gave everyone $200 for PS2s they ought to honor these Elite trade-ins, but we'll see of course.

I'm hoping it does go through because right now from Fred Meyer I can get a new 250GB 360 for $299.99 - $30 coupon + $50 gift card (which I can use on groceries so I consider that a cash discount). Thus the total would be $220. I was thinking we would just live with the one 360 in the house, but that is mighty tempting (and there are 3 of us that play frequently so having 2 is not outrageous). It's too bad I can't wait until I find out about the Amazon trade-in first, though. The coupon offer is only today and tomorrow for Father's day and I probably ought to buy it right now to be sure they have them in stock.

Jodou - as for game trade-ins, I haven't had any problem getting the "good" value on the ones I've sent in over the last few weeks. What they consider "good" is pretty much what they required before. They simply rejected stuff before that would otherwise count as "acceptable" now (missing manuals, disc-only, etc).

I purchased an item "used - like new" I tiv it and they rate it acceptable - missing retail box. Stupid double-standards.

Also who cares if you keep the boxcutted up packaging. They'll rate it "acceptable - damaged packaging"

So I'm wondering about the option to get a lower credit if they deem the item is Acceptable instead of Like New. Will the lower value be the shown in the store at the time you submit the trade, or at the time they receive and process it? Say I submit an item at $7 for Like New and $5 for Acceptable (and it'll only get Acceptable), but in the time between I submit it and they get it, the acceptable value drops to $3. Which will they give me?

My Xbox 360 Wireless N Adapter was rejected due to missing instructions and missing original packaging. I will stick to trading in games to Amazon. No way I can save all the packaging to video game accessories...too much clutter.

[quote name='faceless007']So I'm wondering about the option to get a lower credit if they deem the item is Acceptable instead of Like New. Will the lower value be the shown in the store at the time you submit the trade, or at the time they receive and process it? Say I submit an item at $7 for Like New and $5 for Acceptable (and it'll only get Acceptable), but in the time between I submit it and they get it, the acceptable value drops to $3. Which will they give me?[/QUOTE]

I would assume it was the TiV at the time you locked it in, but it does bother me a bit that I don't have any record of what the good/acceptable values were for my Elite trade. I did lock in a second at "good" so I have that $200 value on record from the same time as my $230 "like new", but I don't have the $140 acceptable anywhere. Someone earlier was asking for a screenshot of the page showing all 3 values and I wish I had that now. But we'll see what happens soon enough with the first guy who got his in ;).

Hey if I want to trade in my Dead Rising 2 : Zombrex Edition...do I include all the included things that came with it ? ..like the pen, artbook, etc. ? or just the steelbook and game disc itself ?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Got my 200 PS2 credit and preordered the PS Vita- 53 shipped for a 250 dollar super nex gen portable, hell yes!

No offense, but I cant believe the 3DS is also retailing at 249.99 :p[/QUOTE]

Sweet how'd you score that TIV? :bouncy:

[quote name='io']Jodou - as for game trade-ins, I haven't had any problem getting the "good" value on the ones I've sent in over the last few weeks. What they consider "good" is pretty much what they required before. They simply rejected stuff before that would otherwise count as "acceptable" now (missing manuals, disc-only, etc).[/QUOTE]
Ah, that makes sense. Maybe I'll pick up a Vita with my winnings. :)

I think the best thing to do is to start spamming noram with large shipments of damaged or obviously not good condition stuff along with your normal trades so they have to keep paying in shipping junk back for their new "acceptable" program.

[quote name='jer7583']I think the best thing to do is to start spamming noram with large shipments of damaged or obviously not good condition stuff along with your normal trades so they have to keep paying in shipping junk back for their new "acceptable" program.[/QUOTE]

that sounds like a brilliant solution. :roll:

[quote name='confoosious']that sounds like a brilliant solution. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Mostly kidding, but i'm so annoyed that amazon is going the way of gamestop with their trade ins. Pay as insultingly little as possible and rate condition as low as possible when buying, charge as much as possible and rate condition as high as possible when they sell.

Makes business sense, but it doesnt mean i have to keep using them.

[quote name='jer7583']I think the best thing to do is to start spamming noram with large shipments of damaged or obviously not good condition stuff along with your normal trades so they have to keep paying in shipping junk back for their new "acceptable" program.[/QUOTE]

I like this solution!!

I have started ordering everything on amazon individually with my prime so they have to spend more on me. Its my little way of sticking it to the man

[quote name='bredbu']I like this solution!!

I have started ordering everything on amazon individually with my prime so they have to spend more on me. Its my little way of sticking it to the man[/QUOTE]

you know they don't have to pay anything extra right? Apparently they have an all you can eat deal with UPS.

[quote name='confoosious']you know they don't have to pay anything extra right? Apparently they have an all you can eat deal with UPS.[/QUOTE]

Just let him think he's sticking it to the man :)
shhh2.jpg

all he's sticking it to is the environment with all that packaging and gas being used for those extra packages.

[quote name='confoosious']you know they don't have to pay anything extra right? Apparently they have an all you can eat deal with UPS.[/QUOTE]

The same applies to Amazon/Noram/whatever-they're-called-now.

[quote name='bredbu']I like this solution!!

I have started ordering everything on amazon individually with my prime so they have to spend more on me. Its my little way of sticking it to the man[/QUOTE]

This is how I get my boxes and bubble mailers. although they do group individual orders together if placed too closely together time wise.

My Elite was accepted! $200 for "good".

Considering I had most of the original packaging but the box and controller were a little beat up, and considering I've gotten many hundreds of hours of gameplay out of the 360 in the 4 years I've had it... I couldn't risk attempting it as "like new".

Now, it's time to get a new slim with that credit. I'll have to get another hard drive, but I can use my 16gb of flash memory all my stuff is stored on for now.

Update: I got the $230 for my Elite!

Considering it had been refurbed once by MS for a not-quite-RROD-error, this was just a great trade for me. Thanks Amazon!

Condition I selected: Like New
- Excellent box condition
- All manuals and documents that came in the box
- All the wrappers for the cables (controller, headset, power block, power cable, hdmi cable, audio adapter)
- Spent extra time wiping off the controller, and used a toothpick to get the crud out of the seams
- Even more time dusting the vents and behind the faceplate on the Elite, and wiped clean the outer case
- The box had a sticker that said "Forza 3/Marvel UA included", but I did not include the games.

Good luck CAGs. Now to go spend some Amazon credit!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='perdition(troy']already locked one in for $110, lets see if I can find one lol.[/QUOTE]

Same. Google shopping lists Kmart as vendors but you'll have to call to see if they have any (which means they probably won't).

[quote name='bh47']Any updates on those 360 Elites w/ $230 TIV?[/QUOTE]

I sent mine in complete with box/manuals. Everything was pretty pristine. It was accepted at $230.

So far my console trade-in history with Amazon goes like this

Accepted:
120gb Xbox 360 Elite - $230
120gb PS3 slim - $219.65 (replaced with the 160gb PS3 slim for $140 during that Target deal)
PS2 fat - $200
120gb Xbox 360 Elite - $185.75 rejected at first, but I chatted with Amazon and they credited me the entire trade-in amount, AND I got the console back (bought the Xbox 360 slim with the credit)

Rejected:
120gb Xbox 360 Elite - $161 - rejected due to stuck disc drive while console is vertical (changed out console with my other one and resubmitted for $230)

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Same. Google shopping lists Kmart as vendors but you'll have to call to see if they have any (which means they probably won't).[/QUOTE]

glad you mentioned this - I think I saw this thing at a sears grand that's having a 'converting to kmart' clearance sale yesterday.

Damn, I have that PSP kit. I'm right here looking at it. What was the acceptable value for it, since we know the 110.00 was a typo?

Good news all around. Mine is in Chelmsford, MA right now but not quite delivered (hopefully tomorrow). I really hope this goes well as I need some good news. I just found out some horrible news about my job and that is now very much up in the air at this point. I could use this $230 ;). I was going to buy a new one to replaces this oen but that is now on hold as are all other purchases.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']My Elite was accepted! $200 for "good".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bh47']Update: I got the $230 for my Elite!

Considering it had been refurbed once by MS for a not-quite-RROD-error, this was just a great trade for me. Thanks Amazon!

- All the wrappers for the cables (controller, headset, power block, power cable, hdmi cable, audio adapter)
[/QUOTE]

Mine is nearly pristine but I worry a little bit about those wrappers. While I had most of them (and some of the items were still sealed in their bags), I did not have one for the controller.

[quote name='chuckywang']I sent mine in complete with box/manuals. Everything was pretty pristine. It was accepted at $230.[/QUOTE]

Did you have all the original bags and such?

I also just hope that with my longer shipping time they don't pull a "Let's Draw" and accept the first few that get there and then reject the later ones!

Amazon is offering $37.25 trade-in value for pink Xbox 360 controllers. This is the highest price ever offered according to the tracker history.

LIKE NEW: 37.25
GOOD: 31.65
ACCEPTABLE: 11.20

I sent in my controller only (no packaging) and I'm hoping to get the GOOD price; will update my results in a few days.

Amazon link to Pink Xbox 360 Controller: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VSDON6/

[quote name='biglou13']Amazon is offering $37.25 trade-in value for pink Xbox 360 controllers. This is the highest price ever offered according to the tracker history.

I sent in my controller only (no packaging) and I'm hoping to get the GOOD price; will update my results in a few days.

Amazon link to Pink Xbox 360 Controller: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VSDON6/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for tip - i have one not even opened, might just see if i can get the $80 new for it on there :D

[quote name='Toss']hello-thinking of sending an elite in. Any success sending them in without the original box yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gamer SDP']hot damn! just locked in $230 for my old elite. so what do I have to include for a "like new" submission?

edit:
okay so I have the Lego Indy/Kungfu Panda bundle box :cry:[/QUOTE]

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but... Places like eBay have the Boxes for Xbox/PS3 systems for cheap. I stumbled upon this one day.

Amazon may sell boxes, too, but I wouldn't know because I haven't ordered anything from there, ever, yet.

[quote name='biglou13']Amazon is offering $37.25 trade-in value for pink Xbox 360 controllers. This is the highest price ever offered according to the tracker history.

Amazon link to Pink Xbox 360 Controller: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VSDON6/[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you. Last week I sent in 2 :360: white wireless controllers with the green packaging that came with the console and had them rejected. Good thing I chose to return the item because they were going to give me the acceptable TIV (it was $16.10 for like new, $14 for good, and $9.80 for acceptable). Honestly they qualified for at least good; sh*t I even sent them with batteries...and I only received 2 of the 4 batteries I sent :-({|=:headache:

Best of luck.

As expected, Amazon rejected my mint 250g PS3 that I submitted for $221.95...the deemed it as "acceptable". The reason? damaged or missing controller. My PS3 better come back with a mint working controller, because that was how I sent it.

[quote name='RavenHawk']As expected, Amazon rejected my mint 250g PS3 that I submitted for $221.95...the deemed it as "acceptable". The reason? damaged or missing controller. My PS3 better come back with a mint working controller, because that was how I sent it.[/QUOTE]

And as soon as you reckieve it you better contact Amazon CS, and tell them you sent in a Like New Condition PS3 and received an acceptable one with a broken controller.
*even if the controller isnt broken*, and console is like new**

[quote name='DudeImGodly']And as soon as you reckieve it you better contact Amazon CS, and tell them you sent in a Like New Condition PS3 and received an acceptable one with a broken controller.
*even if the controller isnt broken*, and console is like new**[/QUOTE]

***so basically you mean, try to fraud them out of money?

[quote name='io']

Did you have all the original bags and such?

I also just hope that with my longer shipping time they don't pull a "Let's Draw" and accept the first few that get there and then reject the later ones![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had all original bags. I might have missed a few wire ties though.

Alright, just had a really bad experience with this service (which is upsetting, have had really good experiences in the past). Had an Xbox 360 MadCatz fightstick SE that had a TIV of around 35USD. Sent to the AFS address, they reject it (which is fine). I get the package back today and the side of the box is slashed open and half of the side of the box is missing, as well as the packing material on that side of the box, which kind of affects my ability to sell this stick elsewhere (who wants a slashed up box that you can't ship with the original packaging?).

While Amazon is going to issue me a $20 credit after talking to them, it is still really frustrating that the trade-in company ruined the box and the packing material that was in the box is now MIA. Good thing the stick didn't break in shipping, I guess.

0DexC.jpg

[quote name='ShallNoiseUpon']Alright, just had a really bad experience with this service (which is upsetting, have had really good experiences in the past). Had an Xbox 360 MadCatz fightstick SE that had a TIV of around 35USD. Sent to the AFS address, they reject it (which is fine). I get the package back today and the side of the box is slashed open and half of the side of the box is missing, as well as the packing material on that side of the box, which kind of affects my ability to sell this stick elsewhere (who wants a slashed up box that you can't ship with the original packaging?).

While Amazon is going to issue me a $20 credit after talking to them, it is still really frustrating that the trade-in company ruined the box and the packing material that was in the box is now MIA. Good thing the stick didn't break in shipping, I guess.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Amazon used to be held as the highest standard of trade-in options. But recently their tiered trade value has made the entire system kind of luck of the draw, depending on which employee is handling the trade. To top it off (and possibly the worst aspect), people are getting stuff rejected, and returned in worse condition than how it was sent.

I hope Best Buy improves their system, so at least there are more options. Besides, the competition has improved the TIV which benefits all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back