Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:
-- BlueLobstah
-- CheapAssGamer
THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about NORAM smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 06/07/2011)
Can I post a question on this thread?
  • Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.
Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
  • You bet! Up top there is a section for notable TIVs - feel free to add anything in there (and if you can remember, clean up after yourself in a few days when the TIV has undoubtedly dropped). You can edit the FAQ too, please just make sure it's useful and well formatted! Thanks!
Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
  • The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.
What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
  • Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.
Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
  • Yes.
Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.
Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
  • Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.
Can I send in sealed games?
  • Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.
Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
  • UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.
I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
  • Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
    NorAm International
    22 Hampshire Dr
    Hudson, NH 03051
    (This is also an option when submitting your trades)
When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
  • You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!
Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
  • Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.
How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
  • From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.
How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 6/8/11)
  • Usually a day or with little delay at all, but the longest reported days so far is 4.
My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
  • People have received credit on a Saturday.
I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.
I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!
My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
  • This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.
My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
  • It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!
My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
  • It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.
I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
  • If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.
The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
  • This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.
I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
  • Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.
Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
  • Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
  • Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.
I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).
Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
  • It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.
So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
  • Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.
Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
  • Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
  • The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
    LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.
Can I edit a submitted trade?
  • Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.
Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
  • Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.
Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
  • According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.
Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
  • Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)
I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!
What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
    • Good Condition eligibility (games):
    • - The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
      - Game still plays perfectly
      - Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

[*]Acceptable eligibility (games):

- Game still plays perfectly
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
      - Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

[*]Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:

- Game does not play perfectly
      - Disc is cracked
      - Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)
    Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.
Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.
Who is AFS? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Not sure yet, but that's the name on the trade-in shipping labels now instead of NORAM. May just be NORAM with a different name. This will be updated as we learn more.
Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
well first time using amazon trades and it went flawless, gave me exactlly what i was quoted..

amazontradedit.jpg

[quote name='NorCal1083']well first time using amazon trades and it went flawless, gave me exactlly what i was quoted..

amazontradedit.jpg
[/QUOTE]

NorCal1083 is too close to Noram...He is one of them! :shock:

[quote name='NorCal1083']lol whaaaat?[/QUOTE]

He's saying "NorAm" (Amazon's third party game trade processor) is similar to "NorCal" (your username) - it was a joke ;). Though it isn't really similar if you think of the wildly different locations implied!

Anyway, just checked and my Elite were delivered today. We'll see what happens here soon... It seems like everyone else had theirs accepted so mine better go smoothly as well!

If I want to trade in the killzone 3 ps3 bundle but don't have the same killzone 3 copy which came with the bundle will my trade in get rejected?

So what is their policy on accepting Nintendo 64 and Gameboy Advance games which don't have a box or manuals? Simply the working cartridge. YMMV depending on their mood?

[quote name='Kidd.o']So what is their policy on accepting Nintendo 64 and Gameboy Advance games which don't have a box or manuals? Simply the working cartridge. YMMV depending on their mood?[/QUOTE]

I sent in a n64 cartridge a few months back and had no issues.

I sent in Halo Reach about week ago when for some reason it was 30$ I took a shot and they said denied b/c the disc was cracked I know that to be false because I only played the game twice.
I talked to someone from amazon saying if its broken its not the game I sent in. about after 30 sec they said sorry they gave me a 30$ credit and our still mailing my game back. Hopefully they just didn't want to pay the 30$ and my game is fine so i can try to trade on C-list.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']$20.50/$24 for F3AR / F.E.A.R. 3 on 360/PS3... stinks for people who bought them up![/QUOTE]

Amazon's TIVs typically suck the first week or two of any game's release.

[quote name='ShallNoiseUpon']Alright, just had a really bad experience with this service (which is upsetting, have had really good experiences in the past). Had an Xbox 360 MadCatz fightstick SE that had a TIV of around 35USD. Sent to the AFS address, they reject it (which is fine). I get the package back today and the side of the box is slashed open and half of the side of the box is missing, as well as the packing material on that side of the box, which kind of affects my ability to sell this stick elsewhere (who wants a slashed up box that you can't ship with the original packaging?).

While Amazon is going to issue me a $20 credit after talking to them, it is still really frustrating that the trade-in company ruined the box and the packing material that was in the box is now MIA. Good thing the stick didn't break in shipping, I guess.

0DexC.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I know. This is BS. I sent in a Super Street Fighter Tournament FIghtstick S and was quoted $70 but once recieved, my item was change to poor condition and I got $45.

According to the criteria, my fightstick was in damn good condition and met all the criteria for "Good". I was angry and contact amazon to request for my stick to be ship back. Amazon decide to credit me the differences.

I really hate the "condition" part of the trade in from amazon. You never know, as Noram can label your item in what ever condition base on current trade-in values as of receive date.

[quote name='Daring']I know. This is BS. I sent in a Super Street Fighter Tournament FIghtstick S and was quoted $70 but once recieved, my item was change to poor condition and I got $45.

According to the criteria, my fightstick was in damn good condition and met all the criteria for "Good". I was angry and contact amazon to request for my stick to be ship back. Amazon decide to credit me the differences.

I really hate the "condition" part of the trade in from amazon. You never know, as Noram can label your item in what ever condition base on current trade-in values as of receive date.[/QUOTE]
Man I'd have bought it for 65 :p

[quote name='Plasmolyze']If I want to trade in the killzone 3 ps3 bundle but don't have the same killzone 3 copy which came with the bundle will my trade in get rejected?[/QUOTE]

should be fine. they scan the outside box UPC anyway. I traded in my GoW: UE with a normal GoW 3 case that had an actual SKU (while the normal UE editions have the games with the "Not for Resale" box instead of the SKU). Amazon accepted it fine no probs.

[quote name='bob_793']I sent in Halo Reach about week ago when for some reason it was 30$ I took a shot and they said denied b/c the disc was cracked I know that to be false because I only played the game twice.
I talked to someone from amazon saying if its broken its not the game I sent in. about after 30 sec they said sorry they gave me a 30$ credit and our still mailing my game back. Hopefully they just didn't want to pay the 30$ and my game is fine so i can try to trade on C-list.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it happened during shipping? I did the same as you and had no trouble getting the $30 credit just yesterday.

[quote name='bob_793']I sent in Halo Reach about week ago when for some reason it was 30$ I took a shot and they said denied b/c the disc was cracked I know that to be false because I only played the game twice.
I talked to someone from amazon saying if its broken its not the game I sent in. about after 30 sec they said sorry they gave me a 30$ credit and our still mailing my game back. Hopefully they just didn't want to pay the 30$ and my game is fine so i can try to trade on C-list.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Prismatico']Maybe it happened during shipping? I did the same as you and had no trouble getting the $30 credit just yesterday.[/QUOTE]

That would be my guess too. I also sent in a Halo Reach copy last week and received my credit yesterday, no issues. What type of packaging did you use? I have sent my single/double game trade-ins with Amazon boxes.

I'm glad you were able resolve this with Amazon.

[quote name='htown01']That would be my guess too. I also sent in a Halo Reach copy last week and received my credit yesterday, no issues. What type of packaging did you use? I have sent my single/double game trade-ins with Amazon boxes.

I'm glad you were able resolve this with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I double boxed it one was a normal taped box and the next was a convenient USPS box that had the were u just had to pull a tab to open it.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Amazon's TIVs typically suck the first week or two of any game's release.[/QUOTE]

oh really? Thanks for the tip. Never knew that before.

trade-in of GTA IV as "good" condition went smoothly, got the full amount ($10). Took about a week. Someone will luck out, it was in "like new" condition but that wasn't a selectable option.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']oh really? Thanks for the tip. Never knew that before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the worst time to trade anything in is when it's been first released....give it a week or two, it should bounce back, though with FEAR 3 who knows because so many got in on that TRU deal.

[quote name='Daring']I know. This is BS. I sent in a Super Street Fighter Tournament FIghtstick S and was quoted $70 but once recieved, my item was change to poor condition and I got $45.

I really hate the "condition" part of the trade in from amazon. You never know, as Noram can label your item in what ever condition base on current trade-in values as of receive date.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I follow... You got the item returned and got the trade credit?

[quote name='jacknicklson']Epic Mickey up to $26

And yes I will keep posting about this lol[/QUOTE]

I appreciate yours updates on this! Where are you finding it for cheap? I know the coupon from tru is still good but it's selling for 39.99 (before coupon).

Sweet, just got my credit this morning. I sent in everything that came with my elite console, single controller, and all plastic bags were still in the box. Good luck, guys.

Item Quantity Condition Value Status
Xbox 360 Elite 120 GB Console System
Platform: Xbox 360 1 Like New $230.00 Gift Card Deposited

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']$20.50/$24 for F3AR / F.E.A.R. 3 on 360/PS3... stinks for people who bought them up![/QUOTE]
Wrong. $32.50 for both systems. I'll be checking into the 50% PUR bonus trade at GS next month for mad profit.

Love how warehouse deals sells me a halo reach "like-new" with torn cover booklet. It is shredded. If someone sent that in they'd rate it acceptable. Ridiculous.

[quote name='Jodou']Wrong. $32.50 for both systems. I'll be checking into the 50% PUR bonus trade at GS next month for mad profit.[/QUOTE]

This talk of 50% bump at gs next month is merely conjecture, right?

[quote name='cheeky']This talk of 50% bump at gs next month is merely conjecture, right?[/QUOTE]

No, it's real. There's a coupon they give out for 40% and pro gives you another 10.

The only problem is nobody has any clue what Fear 3's trade in will be on 7/1 so I'm not sure there's "mad profit."

[quote name='confoosious']No, it's real. There's a coupon they give out for 40% and pro gives you another 10.

The only problem is nobody has any clue what Fear 3's trade in will be on 7/1 so I'm not sure there's "mad profit."[/QUOTE]

yea, whenever they have +40/50% deals, its hard to find TIV of more than 20-25.

Right now, Best Buy's trade in is 27, but you get 30% more if you trade in 2 or more- making it 35 which is pretty good since most of us got FEAR 3 plus another game for 55 with tax

[quote name='confoosious']No, it's real. There's a coupon they give out for 40% and pro gives you another 10.

The only problem is nobody has any clue what Fear 3's trade in will be on 7/1 so I'm not sure there's "mad profit."[/QUOTE]

GS is taking FEAR 3 @ $25.

But you don't have to wait until 7/1, just do the 40% Trade Bonus toward Pre-Order of E3 Title(s) right now, 50% if you add PUR. Just put $5 on the pre-order and the rest on your GS card.

[quote name='Jodou']Wrong. $32.50 for both systems. I'll be checking into the 50% PUR bonus trade at GS next month for mad profit.[/QUOTE]

That's what it was yesterday, but they seemed to have changed it today! nice! hopefully this price holds out until Saturday so I can lock in the $32.50 price just in-case Gamestop offers very little for it. But as long as they at least offer $21.66 for it next week, we can still trade it in for $32.50 there, so I think no matter what there will be a lot of profit at Gamestop. I think they will offer like $27 max. Do they normally have trade in values over $30 base?

I'm just curious about something. since amazon updates their tiv's daily ( if only gamestop didn't keep theirs secret ) what is the point for this thread anyway ? You can just log on amazon, type in the game you want to check in the trade in game section and its right there

Its useful when people post high trade in values, the first post is very informative and its a good place to discuss amazon trade in related info.

What is the point of this site other than lining Cheapy's pockets?

Does it take them longer to change the status on accessories? Sent in 15 Xbox 360 games and one Xbox 360 controller. All 15 games have been paid for good condition, the controller still shows not yet received. This was all one package.

I've had my first trade in a long time received with no update for a bit over 2 days. Just sent in a box of about $200 in games (all sealed). anyone have any luck in getting more than the quoted value on games? I know the original 'condition' rules that vanished stated they would give more if it was deemed to be better than good, but I haven't seen/heard anything since.

[quote name='hustletron']Has anyone sent in games with no book? Do they still give you Good TIV?[/QUOTE]

I don't recomend sending in a game without the booklet. They will either give you less or not give you anything. That's what I've heard from plenty of people.

[quote name='Coraanu']Sweet, just got my credit this morning. I sent in everything that came with my elite console, single controller, and all plastic bags were still in the box. Good luck, guys.

Item Quantity Condition Value Status
Xbox 360 Elite 120 GB Console System
Platform: Xbox 360 1 Like New $230.00 Gift Card Deposited[/QUOTE]

Did you allow for the "downgrade" option on yours? I also got credited for mine today, but at the "revised to good" pricing of $200. I'm Ok with that since, really, these things are not "like new" no matter how much original packaging material you might have sent in.

I almost just went with my $200 "good' estimate to begin with anyway, so I'll just leave it at that. I'm sure I could convince an Amazon rep to give me the $30 extra but meh...

All I was missing was a bag for the controller and the HDMI cable. Everything else was in original packaging and I included every manual and insert and packed it just like a new console(even putting the "Getting Started" card in the bag with the console like shown in the unboxing video).

In any case, this seems to be the first case ever reported on CAG where an item was downgraded fairly. Making it "acceptable" would have gone too far, but "good" is reasonable. I'm only slightly annoyed that so many others got the "like new" pricing. Maybe if I had not provided the downgrade option they would have just gone for it rather than ship it back. Oh well...

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I have the Shift 2 Unleashed Limited Edition for PS3 (http://www.amazon.com/Shift-Unleash...s=miscellaneous&ie=UTF8&qid=1308770185&sr=1-1) do you think there will be any problems trading it in listed as just Shift 2 (http://www.amazon.com/Shift-2-Unlea..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1308770165&sr=1-1)

I don't want to send it in and have them take 2 weeks to say that the UPCs don't match, might as well just trade it somewhere else.

Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

This info is in the faq

Just type the upc into the search bar and see which item pops up

And in fact I already checked that myself yesterday and it does come up at Amazon. Isn't this one of those cases where they are all the "limited edition"?

[quote name='io']Did you allow for the "downgrade" option on yours? I also got credited for mine today, but at the "revised to good" pricing of $200. I'm Ok with that since, really, these things are not "like new" no matter how much original packaging material you might have sent in.

I almost just went with my $200 "good' estimate to begin with anyway, so I'll just leave it at that. I'm sure I could convince an Amazon rep to give me the $30 extra but meh...

All I was missing was a bag for the controller and the HDMI cable. Everything else was in original packaging and I included every manual and insert and packed it just like a new console(even putting the "Getting Started" card in the bag with the console like shown in the unboxing video).

In any case, this seems to be the first case ever reported on CAG where an item was downgraded fairly. Making it "acceptable" would have gone too far, but "good" is reasonable. I'm only slightly annoyed that so many others got the "like new" pricing. Maybe if I had not provided the downgrade option they would have just gone for it rather than ship it back. Oh well...[/QUOTE]
I was credited $230 today for my Elite and I had the downgrade option. I sent in everything properly bagged (except controller and HDMI) and all paperwork included (minus warranty information). I had rubbed down my system and controller with alcohol, and the only thing that actually looked slightly worn was the external box. You must have had a strict grader who would have returned the package if you didn't give the downgrade option, so I'd still count you as lucky with the $200 instead of $140.

[quote name='Guerrilla']I was credited $230 today for my Elite and I had the downgrade option. I sent in everything properly bagged (except controller and HDMI) and all paperwork included (minus warranty information). I had rubbed down my system and controller with alcohol, and the only thing that actually looked slightly worn was the external box. You must have had a strict grader who would have returned the package if you didn't give the downgrade option, so I'd still count you as lucky with the $200 instead of $140.[/QUOTE]

Still that kind of sucks as it sounds like yours was exactly like mine right down to the missing controller and HDMI cable bags! The 360 itself looked perfect. I had been using an alternative faceplate since day one so the original black one was, in fact, "like new" (as I had kept it in the box since I first got the thing). I made sure to clean out every speck of dust with compressed air and other than that it was in perfect shape to begin with.

As I said before, I would be fine with the downgrade since the system wasn't like new as it has been used for 3 or 4 years now! But with everyone else getting the $230 I still feel kind of ripped off ;). Oh well, no big deal I guess.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']I have the Shift 2 Unleashed Limited Edition for PS3 (http://www.amazon.com/Shift-Unleash...s=miscellaneous&ie=UTF8&qid=1308770185&sr=1-1) do you think there will be any problems trading it in listed as just Shift 2 (http://www.amazon.com/Shift-2-Unlea..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1308770165&sr=1-1)

I don't want to send it in and have them take 2 weeks to say that the UPCs don't match, might as well just trade it somewhere else.

Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

I sent in the limited and got the full $30 at the time....or was it $25.25? I forget but it was what I expected.

just tried to submit a ds lite, in great condition with stylus and charger, for a final $50 to get a 3ds...had it marked as being in good condition, and its being returned due to lack of original box and original manuals..just a heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back