Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:
-- BlueLobstah
-- CheapAssGamer
THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about NORAM smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 06/07/2011)
Can I post a question on this thread?
  • Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.
Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
  • You bet! Up top there is a section for notable TIVs - feel free to add anything in there (and if you can remember, clean up after yourself in a few days when the TIV has undoubtedly dropped). You can edit the FAQ too, please just make sure it's useful and well formatted! Thanks!
Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
  • The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.
What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
  • Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.
Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
  • Yes.
Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.
Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
  • Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.
Can I send in sealed games?
  • Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.
Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
  • UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.
I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
  • Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
    NorAm International
    22 Hampshire Dr
    Hudson, NH 03051
    (This is also an option when submitting your trades)
When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
  • You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!
Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
  • Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.
How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
  • From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.
How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 6/8/11)
  • Usually a day or with little delay at all, but the longest reported days so far is 4.
My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
  • People have received credit on a Saturday.
I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.
I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!
My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
  • This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.
My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
  • It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!
My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
  • It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.
I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
  • If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.
The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
  • This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.
I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
  • Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.
Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
  • Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
  • Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.
I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).
Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
  • It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.
So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
  • Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.
Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
  • Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
  • The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
    LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.
Can I edit a submitted trade?
  • Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.
Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
  • Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.
Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
  • According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.
Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
  • Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)
I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!
What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
    • Good Condition eligibility (games):
    • - The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
      - Game still plays perfectly
      - Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

[*]Acceptable eligibility (games):

- Game still plays perfectly
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
      - Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

[*]Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:

- Game does not play perfectly
      - Disc is cracked
      - Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)
    Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.
Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.
Who is AFS? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Not sure yet, but that's the name on the trade-in shipping labels now instead of NORAM. May just be NORAM with a different name. This will be updated as we learn more.
Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bumslie']I just got hooked up. I sent in Resident Evil DC and Crash Bandicoot with no manual just disc and back art. I locked them in at $21 each. They just gave me $30 credit for each game. I also got all my cart games accepted.[/QUOTE]

Pretty funny considering I have your resident evil DC manual lol.

[quote name='io']I guess they have processed the glut of stuff from earlier. At this point all that should be arriving are packages from the West Coast locked in at the end and sent at the last minute. My latest one arrived yesterday and got paid out today which is just lightning fast for them recently (though it always used to be like that 2-3 years ago). These were ones I almost didn't send in so that's why I had just 2 locked on what was probably the last day possible. But now I am glad I did send them in and as I said earlier I wish I had sent a few more from my collection. Since I'd already busted it up with the initial trades, I should have just sent everything worth over $10 in. Now my Gamecube collection has some gaping holes in it (Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, StarFox Assault, Animal Crossing, the Sonic Adventure games, and a few others).

I just have one more package with 2 GBA games that hasn't even arrived there yet.[/QUOTE]

Ya ups is taking their sweet time with my stuff. I dropped stuff off on the 28th and it still hasn't gotten there yet. I swear it's one person driving it from AK to wherever.

[quote name='Toss']This is the way to go. 100%. If tracking shows as status received and the trade expires, you will get credit for everything in the trade even if you sent only 1 game out of 10 locked in, or if a game shouldve been downgraded you will get the locked in price.[/QUOTE]

How do I know when my trade-in expires?

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Ya ups is taking their sweet time with my stuff. I dropped stuff off on the 28th and it still hasn't gotten there yet. I swear it's one person driving it from AK to wherever.[/QUOTE]

Alaska? If it takes 8-9 days from the West Coast (CA/OR/WA) then I could only imagine how long it takes them to Pony Express that stuff from Alaska :roll:.

[quote name='animemaniac14']lol they say that everytime they issue a promo credit. it's to discourage people from constantly trying to get credits and it seems to have had an effect on the first CAGer ever :applause:

(only kidding)[/QUOTE]haha i mean that's honestly what i suspected while i was on the phone, i just didn't know what to say to that specific rep after they kept saying no to everything i said.

i'll have to give it a go for my other games again tomorrow, guess i'll try via live chat instead.

[quote name='io']Alaska? If it takes 8-9 days from the West Coast (CA/OR/WA) then I could only imagine how long it takes them to Pony Express that stuff from Alaska :roll:.[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is that USPS ships from AK to WA in 2 days with regular mail. From AK to PA it takes 3-4 days. UPS good lord, I swear they still drive trucks through Canada. It's the only logical explanation I have when I get an item shipped by them. If my trade ins expire before the packages arrive I'm going to be one upset camper.

[quote name='Arakias']^ Nope! Unless you buy items you then resell for cash.[/QUOTE]

Darn.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']My plan is using the credit on Wii U system(s), should Amazon wind up selling them. WORSE case scenario is you break even, I can't imagine them selling less than MSRP. Hopefully they're in demand and you can make a little cheddar on top.[/QUOTE]

I would if I had the scratch, but I missed out on the TIV jump. I only got a little under $100.

Praise jeebus, 11/13 carts were just accepted. I'm shocked. Donkey Kong 64 was "wrong item" and Pokemon Stadium was "unacceptable", both which are total bunk, but they actually accepted 11 friggin carts. Amazing. I'll have to add everything up but I know I'm sitting at over 1500 in credit

All but one of mine finished clearing up today, no rejects (I suspect that one will forever vanish in to the halls of noram). Hell of a good haul, right around $1k. Have to make sure to find some way to balance my flipping karma.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Praise jeebus, 11/13 carts were just accepted. I'm shocked. Donkey Kong 64 was "wrong item" and Pokemon Stadium was "unacceptable", both which are total bunk, but they actually accepted 11 friggin carts. Amazing. I'll have to add everything up but I know I'm sitting at over 1500 in credit[/QUOTE]

It kind of seems like their usual tactic of rejecting things when they get too many of them traded in. I had an early copy of Pokemon Stadium accepted and a later one rejected for some random reason.

Thankfully (?) they decided to permanently damage my 2nd copy so I ended up getting credit anyway...

Mario World Advance accepted this morning for $30 despite not having the cardboard tray inside. Still waiting on Goldeneye and No Mercy.

My 8 GameCube games got accepted today. They also upgraded 4 of them to good, even though only 2 of the 4 had manuals. Sweet! Now to see what happens with my Gameboy games.

I think they are letting my old trades expire. They rejected about 6 of them today that I sent as 'return if downgraded'. Man I wish I wasn't so busy when these things were popping up, I would have had about $500 more in credit. I intend to call about my 'wrong edition's and non working PSOne (which I tested again and it works fine), so that may net me a few hundred more in promo credit.

^good luck. i tried live chatting today with a rep and got absolutely nowhere again, guess it's time for me to type out a massive email explaining everything.

[quote name='NiiNJA']^good luck. i tried live chatting today with a rep and got absolutely nowhere again, guess it's time for me to type out a massive email explaining everything.[/QUOTE]

Unless you get an idiot, nothing will change. Whoever gets your email will just refer to he notes in your account.

My Gameboy carts were just processed. All accepted except one (the label wasn't in very good condition, so I'm not surprised it was rejected as unacceptable). This credit should last me for a little while :)

2 shipments accepted and 2 more processing. Had a cart only tetrisphere that got paid out as well.

I got in late on the action and majority of the games came from my personal collection. Curious, those of you that bought these games fairly cheap, where did you buy them? I know a few Gamestops still have GC games, but I can't think of any place that still sells xbox games.

Woot! got most of my games processed today! still waiting on 5 more n64 carts to be processed, hopefully they get accepted... *crosses fingers*

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Is it normal for rejected/declined items to take more than a week to be returned? They didn't give me a tracking number or anything.[/QUOTE]

I only ever had 1 return, but there was a tracking number on the trade in page and it took 1 day for me to get it back.

[quote name='Lucian']I only ever had 1 return, but there was a tracking number on the trade in page and it took 1 day for me to get it back.[/QUOTE]

lol, well you live right next to the center.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Is it normal for rejected/declined items to take more than a week to be returned? They didn't give me a tracking number or anything.[/QUOTE]

Yea, just add two business days, to however long it takes for your games to get there. From socal it would be 9 days. Nocal I would assume would be the same.

Whew, they processed and paid out my last package today. Last I checked it hadn't even gotten there yet. So it either got there later yesterday or even today and they paid it even faster than the last one. They must really have a much smaller volume of trade-ins now than the last 3-4 weeks.

I was a little worried about one because the front of the box had some damage and there was a sharpie mark through the UPC. I don't even remember where I got that from. Otherwise, though, it was complete right down to the plastic bag the GBA cart comes in.

My total: [highlight]$498.85[/highlight] from 5 GBA games and 15 Gamecube games (so an average of about $25 each) all from my personal collection of games acquired early on in my days as a CAG ;). Not too shabby - I wish I had sent in another 4 or 5 though.

[quote name='io'] I wish I had sent in another 4 or 5 though.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya on that. I came out with about $350 in credit on a few things from my personal collections, a few from my yard sale stash. The day after the TIV plummeted I found several more games that were really high, along with consoles. I didn't think to look at console TIV (PSOne, I'm looking at you!)

All in all though I came out pretty good, thanks to all the CAGs who discovered this epic deal!

[quote name='ghozt']
I got in late on the action and majority of the games came from my personal collection. Curious, those of you that bought these games fairly cheap, where did you buy them? I know a few Gamestops still have GC games, but I can't think of any place that still sells xbox games.[/QUOTE]I used the Amazon Marketplace (mostly for GBA, PS1, and Xbox stuff), Gamestop (Gamecube) and eBay (Xbox), and I think I did pretty well, all things considered. ;)

[quote name='brianyip28']how are you guys getting so much from trading in?

like the guy who traded in mario world advance, how did you get $30 for it?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you're a little late. A few weeks ago the values for a bunch of old xbox/ps1/gamecube/etc games got bumped to $20-$30. It lasted for a few days before dropping back off, so now everyone is seeing the results of their locked trades.

p.s. anyone notice that the tracker has been broken for a few days? wonder if it's just coincidence or if amazon decided to block our pal BlueLobstah's tracker spider.

[quote name='handsomepete']Sorry, you're a little late. A few weeks ago the values for a bunch of old xbox/ps1/gamecube/etc games got bumped to $20-$30. It lasted for a few days before dropping back off, so now everyone is seeing the results of their locked trades.

p.s. anyone notice that the tracker has been broken for a few days? wonder if it's just coincidence or if amazon decided to block our pal BlueLobstah's tracker spider.[/QUOTE]

oh haha i see. ok, thanks for clarifying. i looked back a few pages but couldn't find that post.

My packages finally arrived today and I already got one email that they are sending back my Halo Reach due to it being sent late. I mailed it 9 days after locking it in so it looks like they might start cracking down some on the 7 day ship window. As long as they turn around and send it right back I don't care because I can trade it to gamestop with the current promo for a few dollars more anyway. My bet is that it will come back via ups and take another 10 days

[quote name='mrright4you4now']My packages finally arrived today and I already got one email that they are sending back my Halo Reach due to it being sent late. I mailed it 9 days after locking it in so it looks like they might start cracking down some on the 7 day ship window. As long as they turn around and send it right back I don't care because I can trade it to gamestop with the current promo for a few dollars more anyway. My bet is that it will come back via ups and take another 10 days[/QUOTE]

I had a late package I was canceling about 3 days post shipping (so 10 days after locking it in) and the top barcode was actually a broken link on the UPS label, so I'm guessing they're either trying to eliminate it or it wasn't working properly, since when I locked in my other game it was fine.

[quote name='handsomepete']Sorry, you're a little late. A few weeks ago the values for a bunch of old xbox/ps1/gamecube/etc games got bumped to $20-$30. It lasted for a few days before dropping back off, so now everyone is seeing the results of their locked trades.[/QUOTE]

FYI, it was way more than a few days - it was closer to 2 weeks. I had enough time to do a trial submission where I sent a few games on about the 2nd day the prices were high, waited 8-9 days for delivery and then was still able to lock more in at that point. It was long enough that many of us concluded that this was, in fact, no glitch. A "glitch" is a few hours or maybe a day of high prices. These went on for several days.

mrright4you4now - you said you mailed it 9 days after locking but how long did it take to get there?

Today makes 19 days from when it was locked in. Well 20 because it's after midnight. Weird thing I just noticed on my trade in page it says verified and processed under the transaction status. On the far right it says expired and the email said returned - late item.

Edit* I also should mention that I didn't print my shipping label until the day I shipped them and it did give me a really hard time. The usual copy the trn number and paste into the url wasn't working. I had to copy both the trade in number and the ups tracking number in order to get it to pull up and print. That was the first time I've ever had to go to that much work to get it to print a label. Hopefully this is just a goof with them changing their location but felt like I should throw it on here in case anyone else starts getting similar results as well.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Today makes 19 days from when it was locked in. Well 20 because it's after midnight. Weird thing I just noticed on my trade in page it says verified and processed under the transaction status. On the far right it says expired and the email said returned - late item.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - it appears things maybe have changed from the 25 days. But still, they should never expire the transaction once it is received. Once they get it, expiration should not be an issue. If it takes then 10 days to process it, so be it - but that shouldn't lead to expiration at any point.

[quote name='io']Interesting - it appears things maybe have changed from the 25 days. But still, they should never expire the transaction once it is received. Once they get it, expiration should not be an issue. If it takes then 10 days to process it, so be it - but that shouldn't lead to expiration at any point.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've had ones before that have gone past the 25 days while they were processing but this is the first time I've had this type of situation. I'm going to wait a day or two and see if I get a return tracking number if so I'll let it go. If not I'll have to contact CS and see what the heck is going on.

[quote name='handsomepete']

p.s. anyone notice that the tracker has been broken for a few days? wonder if it's just coincidence or if amazon decided to block our pal BlueLobstah's tracker spider.[/QUOTE]

Ive also noticed the tracker is not working.... hope it gets fixed.. navigating through amazon for values is a pain

Are the Trade-Ins of the Week new? If so, I just now noticed them.
Mario Kart DS $16
Mass Effect 3 (360) $12
MLB 12 The Show $20

So I submitted a trade-in over a week ago but forgot to print out the shipping label. Normally this isn't a problem; I just replace the number at the end of the URL to bring up the page as described in the OP, but when I try that this time, the shipping label graphic doesn't load. Has anyone else done this recently? I'm wondering if this is just a glitch in my trade, or if it's something Amazon did to stop people from waiting over a week to ship.

[quote name='faceless007']So I submitted a trade-in over a week ago but forgot to print out the shipping label. Normally this isn't a problem; I just replace the number at the end of the URL to bring up the page as described in the OP, but when I try that this time, the shipping label graphic doesn't load. Has anyone else done this recently? I'm wondering if this is just a glitch in my trade, or if it's something Amazon did to stop people from waiting over a week to ship.[/QUOTE]

The link to the label is in your confirmation email when you first submit your trade, as well. I wind up having to use that alot, since I wait until the last valid day to ship sometimes and the print Label has been removed at that point (which is annoying since its still within a valid ship range)

[quote name='encendido5']What did you guys do? Apparently Cheapy got an angry email from Amazon about some loophole.[/QUOTE]

Nobody in this thread has done anything illegal. People submitted games to Amazon, and they were accepted. End of story.

as far as underhanded shenanigans go, this thread is about as angelic as it comes on cag. outside of people abusing their relationships with amazon customer service (and printing a label after the 'expiration' date) I think we're a pretty clean cut bunch. If there is something bad going on, cut it out?

Sorry to bring up this trade-in again, but is it normal that Cabela's Big Game Hunter is still "Processing" even though today is the 26th day since the trade-in was created? io said that they shouldn't expire the transaction once they received the item, so maybe that explains it?

I still plan on emailing CS about it, but I wanted to make sure I've waited long enough before doing so.

[quote name='whitereflection']Really? Where did you hear that?[/QUOTE]

Cheapy mentioned something in passing in the latest CAGcast but didn't provide any details....something along of the lines of 'sigh...amazon is upset about something going on in the forums....I don't know...some loophole in the trade in program'. It is around the 40 minute mark

I have a question about my trade in. I have put my package in ups drop off location yesterday. But the status is still not updated. However, another I package that I put yesterday the status is updated. Why is it so weird? Thank you. Are the ups grouping the same item to the same location if possible? But I separate these two games in different package.

But I checked my tracking status of this order, it still didn't show my package has departed from my location. I have dropped my game off yesterday with the street fighter game together, but the street finger game updated the status. I am thinking ups lost my another package or not. I am so afraid now. I separated two packages because there are different trade in. But right now, only one of them is updated in the tracking status right now. My socom 4 is still not updated. Most importantly, my trade in socom 4 is expired on 10/13. If the tracking status showed later than 10/13, is it counted my game is expired? I really shipped this game......confused now...

Inbound Shipment
Ship Carrier:$UPS Submitted:$October 6, 2012
Tracking Number:$1Z070A120393067641 Trade-In Transaction ID:$TRN-9610745-2197062
Ship From:$ALHAMBRA, CA, US
Track Your Package
Date Time Location Event Details
October 5, 2012 3:00 AM US Shipment created

Inbound Shipment
Ship Carrier:$UPS Submitted:$October 9, 2012
Tracking Number:$1Z070A120399026095 Trade-In Transaction ID:$TRN-9385461-9401675
Ship From:$ALHAMBRA, CA, US
Track Your Package
Date Time Location Event Details
October 10, 2012 1:13 AM Baldwin Park, CA, US Departure Scan

[quote name='K_G']Cheapy mentioned something in passing in the latest CAGcast but didn't provide any details....something along of the lines of 'sigh...amazon is upset about something going on in the forums....I don't know...some loophole in the trade in program'. It is around the 40 minute mark[/QUOTE]

The post that we think was in question has been deleted by the person who made it. It really wasn't all that bad - such that I didn't feel the need to delete it when I first saw it myself. I think they misunderstood what he was saying given the context - but I could see how they might have interpreted it. In any case it is gone and I don't really want to go into the details, but it did have something to do with contacting customer service for credit when things got messed up with trade-ins.

But you guys are right, things are usually pretty clean in here - which is why it was a surprise to hear that. But apparently this means Amazon reps are watching this thread which is interesting news in and of itself ;).

[quote name='K_G']Cheapy mentioned something in passing in the latest CAGcast but didn't provide any details....something along of the lines of 'sigh...amazon is upset about something going on in the forums....I don't know...some loophole in the trade in program'. It is around the 40 minute mark[/QUOTE]Go to about 40:48 and start listening. Mentions it for about a minute tops.

Though, this oddity in TIVs has happened before with:

* Some guides being $50+ in TIV a while ago
* Fat PS2 getting $200 TIV another while ago
* The current situation

There's clauses in their trade-in agreements that allows them to dump trades for goofy TIVs, which I think they're just late to the party on doing with some of the current people trading in items.

[quote name='edson13']
Yea, just add two business days, to however long it takes for your games to get there. From socal it would be 9 days. Nocal I would assume would be the same.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks for the replies. Sounds like they fouled up because I have not received the return and there is no tracking info on my trade-in page. Time to hit up CS.

[quote name='io']Interesting - it appears things maybe have changed from the 25 days. But still, they should never expire the transaction once it is received. Once they get it, expiration should not be an issue. If it takes then 10 days to process it, so be it - but that shouldn't lead to expiration at any point.[/QUOTE]

How could you not put a expiration on something like that? Then you could lock it in and send it in neveraury still getting the same price.

Makes no sense.

That's like saying a coupon from 50 years ago shouldn't expire even when prices inflated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back