Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomepete

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

Hey trade-in pals! SENDING THINGS IN DISC / CARTRIDGE ONLY / GENERIC CASE NO MANUAL / ANYTHING BUT COMPLETE COULD RESULT IN REJECTION. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS. YOU MIGHT GET ACCEPTED, YOU MIGHT NOT. NO ONE KNOWS. THERE ARE NO HARD AND FAST RULES. IF IT IS ACCEPTED, IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY ONLY BE CONSIDERED "ACCEPTABLE." RISK YOUR TIME AND EFFORT AT YOUR PERIL!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'm getting an acceptance rate of about one per day; it makes me think some supervisor is standing around with a glass of absinthe next to a couple of dumptruck loads of games...while the one responsible for the glitch is made to scan each item and recite its TIV with tears in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------
Useful links:
-- BlueLobstah
-- CheapAssGamer
THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s video game trade-in program. Conspiracy theories about NORAM smashing games before sending them back / stealing children / sneezing and touching public door handles / etc welcome, but try to avoid going nutso. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

Trade-In Procedure

1. SELECT ITEMS: Search for items to trade in. Your trade-in items must meet the product eligibility criteria.
2. SHIP GAMES FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. GET A GIFT CARD: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
note to self: look up new address
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 06/07/2011)
Can I post a question on this thread?
  • Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.
Can I edit this FAQ? (updated 6/7/11)
  • You bet! Up top there is a section for notable TIVs - feel free to add anything in there (and if you can remember, clean up after yourself in a few days when the TIV has undoubtedly dropped). You can edit the FAQ too, please just make sure it's useful and well formatted! Thanks!
Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
  • The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.
What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
  • Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.
Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
  • Yes.
Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.
Can I put separate trades in to a single box? (updated 6/7/11)
  • Sure, and they'll likely be accepted just fine. However, it isn't recommended since you would only have proof that you sent one of the trades (whichever mailing label you used). So it can be pretty risky.
Can I send in sealed games?
  • Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.
Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
  • UPS Ground already provides you with tracking information, and I imagine you could get some sort of insurance added at a UPS store or location if you were so inclined.
I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
  • Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
    NorAm International
    22 Hampshire Dr
    Hudson, NH 03051
    (This is also an option when submitting your trades)
When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
  • You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!
Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
  • Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history or just submit a new one to use the link), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.
How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
  • From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.
How long does the "processing" status usually take? (Updated 6/8/11)
  • Usually a day or with little delay at all, but the longest reported days so far is 4.
My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
  • People have received credit on a Saturday.
I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

It should be noted that with the new condition requirements (see later in the FAQ), you may be able to send an item in missing some or all of the required items (manual / cover art / case) and still have it accepted in "Acceptable" condition.
I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!
My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
  • This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.
My game came with DLC codes and I used them. Will my game be accepted? (Updated 12/28/11)
  • It is expected that included DLC codes have already been redeemed, so you should be fine. It is a kindness however if you have no use for it to not redeem it and let the next lucky soul who buys it from awd or wherever have a crack at it. Up to you!
My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
  • It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the UPC into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.
I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
  • If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is very YMMV.
The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
  • This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.
I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
  • Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.
Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
  • Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.
How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
  • Maximum of 2 copies within 3 a month period.
I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
  • Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).
Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
  • It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.
So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
  • Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people. This is probably moot for most folks now with the per account / address trade-in limit.
Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
  • Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever. Also, not a question.
What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
  • The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.
    LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.
Can I edit a submitted trade?
  • Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.
Can I use my credit on items that are not video game-related?
  • Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.
Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
  • According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.
Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
  • Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011[/URL]). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)
I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
  • The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game (or for a PS2 - just ask io!), it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!
What's all this item condition nonsense? And how can I get screwed over by it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • We're still kinda sussing out the details surrounding the new item condition portion of Amazon Trade-Ins, but it looks like there's a couple things to consider:
    • Good Condition eligibility (games):
    • - The video game, original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
      - Game still plays perfectly
      - Disc may have light scratches and other elements may have minor damage
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)

[*]Acceptable eligibility (games):

- Game still plays perfectly
      - Item may have been personalized (marked or identified)
      - Item may be missing or have irreparable damage to one or all of the following: case, manual, artwork, bundled accessories, UPC

[*]Note that a game will almost certainly not be accepted if it meets any of these conditions:

- Game does not play perfectly
      - Disc is cracked
      - Marked Not for Resale (or is otherwise marked not for sale)
    Consoles/accessories have some slightly different criteria, but the idea is the same.
Did it seriously just ask me if I wanted my game / other item returned if they refuse to give me credit for it? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Yes, that just happened.

Unless you're purposefully sending them things you deem to be trash, please remember to choose the option that has them return your item to you during the checkout phase.
Who is AFS? (updated 6/9/11)
  • Not sure yet, but that's the name on the trade-in shipping labels now instead of NORAM. May just be NORAM with a different name. This will be updated as we learn more.
Post away!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mgford11']There was a track mania ds game that was was trading for like 125% into bb then flipped into amazon gc's. Not sure with the current bonuses. Always check recent price drops with the tracker at CAG, then check value at amazon and bb.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have a BB anywhere near. Probably a 2 hour drive.

Question guys...i realized i dropped off my packages at a USPS store and not UPS....anyway they'll still ship? Appreciate the help!

[quote name='myl0r']anyone know any good Gamestop to Amazon flips? I've got about $40 in GS credit that I'm hoping to swap to Amazon for the fall gaming rush. At least 1:1, but better would be preferred.[/QUOTE]

Those are like an endangered species these days unless theres a b2g1 sale on. Even then it can be tough. But...Eyepet PS3 9.99 at GS if you can still find a copy => 12 amz :)

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Question guys...i realized i dropped off my packages at a USPS store and not UPS....anyway they'll still ship? Appreciate the help![/QUOTE]

Yes. UPS checks in with USPS for their packages daily.

[quote name='HornyPony']Yes. UPS checks in with USPS for their packages daily.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.I was getting a little worried because its been a week and i havent heard anything...no confirmation email or nothing. I shipped six games (2) EM, Zombieland,KEY, and i forgot the other two...

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Thanks.I was getting a little worried because its been a week and i havent heard anything...no confirmation email or nothing. I shipped six games (2) EM, Zombieland,KEY, and i forgot the other two...[/QUOTE]

You should check your UPS tracking number to see if it got picked up is on its painfully slow way via UPS ;). And yeah, in case you didn't write down that number or get a receipt from UPS dropoff (which clearly you didn't), you can check right on your Amazon trade-in page.

There will be no "confirmation email" until the games are received and processed and the credit is paid out. But there could be 8-9 days transit time + 2-4 days processing time once UPS finally gets a hold of the package so you definitely should make sure that it is at least on its way.

Odd promo at Amazon now:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304212

Basically, preorder Dark Souls and then trade any game between today (22nd) and Oct. 3rd and get a $5 promo credit (on top of the trade-in I assume).

This is very odd as they have never had a trade-in promo tied to any specific game like that before. But since I already had Dark Souls preordered I found something to send in for a small profit on its own (using Gamestop credit which I don't mind converting to Amazon at 1:1) - the extra $5 I'll just consider as a discount on Dark Souls.

A now fairly rare thing - today you can move credit from gamestop to amazon via Mass Effect 2 :ps3: at a slight loss. Used with pur it should come out to 31.50 and trades for 30.00 at amazon today.

[quote name='handsomepete']A now fairly rare thing - today you can move credit from gamestop to amazon via Mass Effect 2 :ps3: at a slight loss. Used with pur it should come out to 31.50 and trades for 30.00 at amazon today.[/QUOTE]
To a max of $63. I miss the days of unlimited flipping.

My copy of MADDEN 12 was denied for "good" condition because it "did not have a manual"

Of course, they NO LONGER PRINT MANUALS ....so how could I include one?

Unbelievable.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']My copy of MADDEN 12 was denied for "good" condition because it "did not have a manual"

Unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

hahaha. so incompetent.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']My copy of MADDEN 12 was denied for "good" condition because it "did not have a manual"

Unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

I had a game accepted that was like that. I left a note with my trade explaining that this game does not come with a manual. I also said some other nice things with my note so maybe they are lenient with me :)

[quote name='Japakneez']I had a game accepted that was like that. I left a note with my trade explaining that this game does not come with a manual. I also said some other nice things with my note so maybe they are lenient with me :)[/QUOTE]

I figured by this point they would know a lot of games don't come with manuals anymore, they're on the game disc. Anyway, the Amazon CSR told me to write a note and re-submit it, and they gave me $5 for my trouble (the trade-in value is the same as it was the other day).

Does anyone know how long it takes for Amazon to return a game? I sent in two and they claimed one was cracked (it wasn't) so I'm curious to see what they consider cracked or if they broken the disc on me.

[quote name='RallyV']Does anyone know how long it takes for Amazon to return a game? I sent in two and they claimed one was cracked (it wasn't) so I'm curious to see what they consider cracked or if they broken the disc on me.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it varies, but I've gotten one back in two of my previous few trade-ins and it took a week to return in both cases.

When I heard last year that Ubi Soft was going to stop including manuals, I was wondering how it would work with trade ins getting rejected if the trade in company didn't know which games included a manual or not.

For the total opposite of that, I had a Wii game revised today from acceptable to good. The game was complete but in a generic black DVD case so I figured since it wasn't the original case, they wouldn't accept it as good.

[quote name='handsomepete']A now fairly rare thing - today you can move credit from gamestop to amazon via Mass Effect 2 :ps3: at a slight loss. Used with pur it should come out to 31.50 and trades for 30.00 at amazon today.[/QUOTE]

You know, 6 months ago I would have jumped on that, but I've actually found GS credit useful recently so I think I'll keep my $300 or so there for now. The Move sale is one example of GS credit usefulness. And even though Amazon matched it eventually (though everything sold out quick) I managed to get it even cheaper at GS with that accessory coupon (which now doesn't work so don't bother).

[quote name='theking20']bummer, i should have bought Gears 3 yesterday, would have evened out . oh well

locked in gran turismo 5 for $35 :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Traded-in GT5. I can no longer wait for that dlc.

Yes all of my trades finally posted today....what a nerve racking process for first timers but i like having a trade account setup. I will definitely be using Amazons trade in program more often especially since i can trade in old dvds i dont watch anymore. Now to just let the credit keep building until i find something i really want...this having multiple accounts is crazy...AMZ,GS,BB visa's, BBY.....I need to start keeping a up to date spreadsheet of everything i got out there...i blame CAG....For the Better!

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Yes all of my trades finally posted today....what a nerve racking process for first timers but i like having a trade account setup. I will definitely be using Amazons trade in program more often especially since i can trade in old dvds i dont watch anymore. Now to just let the credit keep building until i find something i really want...this having multiple accounts is crazy...AMZ,GS,BB visa's, BBY.....I need to start keeping a up to date spreadsheet of everything i got out there...i blame CAG....For the Better![/QUOTE]

Congrats. Amazon has been hassle free for me. There's a UPS store nearby, and timing is like clockwork in terms of how long it takes them to get it and how long it takes them to credit me. 100% satisfaction from me so far.

[quote name='kouleefoh']damn, Black ops is $10 n $11 TIV for PS3 and Xbox, but $25 for wii!![/QUOTE]

Ouch...I sent a couple BLOPs PS3 for $32 each last week!

Well, my good run just had to come to an end I suppose. After a long string of no-hassle Amazon trade-in submissions, I had a game rejected as "unacceptable" today.

I had sent in 2 copies of Epic Mickey when it was $18 and one is being sent back. They were both near mint when I shipped them, so, yeah, a big WTF to that... I sent in a few other lower-priced games in the same box and they went through fine. So I doubt there was any damage in transit - will be interesting to see what I get back in 10-14 days :roll:.

I hope it's not a sign of things to come. I only recently started sending a lot of stuff in again because of some recent high TIVs including epic Mickey.

I just received a bunch of Hunted Demon's Forged from awd and it's funny how they will reject items for tiny cracks but are willing to send them out in that condition. I received 2 Like New games with cracks in them.

[quote name='Toss']I hope it's not a sign of things to come. I only recently started sending a lot of stuff in again because of some recent high TIVs including epic Mickey.[/QUOTE]

I was never one to buy into the conspiracy theories about NorAm, but it is kind of suspicious that one of my "best" trade-ins (in terms of relative value) in a long while was rejected. All the cheaper stuff I've sent recently has sailed through.

They had that rash of "stomped" games back in Dec/Jan but since then things had been pretty good. I was the recipient of one of those stomped ones - that is, the case was literally crushed and yet it was from a submission of 4-5 games (in a box) so no way it happened during initial shipment. The thing is, that "stomped" game was really nothing of any value, so it didn't make much sense - I just chalked it up to random incompetance, not a conspiracy to deny certain trade-ins. With this Epic Mickey, though, I don't know - I'll have to see when I get it back.

I just sent in Madden $40? with no issues. I also locked in Gears of War 3 for $42(?) and I'm gonna send that in as soon as I beat the campaign.

[quote name='confoosious']I just sent in Madden $40? with no issues. I also locked in Gears of War 3 for $42(?) and I'm gonna send that in as soon as I beat the campaign.[/QUOTE]

They can still easily resell those for a profit so have no motivation to deny those. A $18 tiv mickey though is a tough resell for profit...same for the $14 Madden 11s and $32 BLOPS I sent in last week.

So I'm going to trade in Dance Central but got a question. The regular version, which i bought a year ago has a TIV of $20, but the one that comes with 240 ms points is $32, ya think I can send my version in as the point version or do they have different UPC's?

[quote name='io']Well, my good run just had to come to an end I suppose. After a long string of no-hassle Amazon trade-in submissions, I had a game rejected as "unacceptable" today.

I had sent in 2 copies of Epic Mickey when it was $18 and one is being sent back. They were both near mint when I shipped them, so, yeah, a big WTF to that... I sent in a few other lower-priced games in the same box and they went through fine. So I doubt there was any damage in transit - will be interesting to see what I get back in 10-14 days :roll:.[/QUOTE]

I sent in a couple of copies at the same trade in value and both were accepted. Perhaps it was just poor luck this time. Sorry!

[quote name='io']Well, my good run just had to come to an end I suppose. After a long string of no-hassle Amazon trade-in submissions, I had a game rejected as "unacceptable" today.

I had sent in 2 copies of Epic Mickey when it was $18 and one is being sent back. They were both near mint when I shipped them, so, yeah, a big WTF to that... I sent in a few other lower-priced games in the same box and they went through fine. So I doubt there was any damage in transit - will be interesting to see what I get back in 10-14 days :roll:.[/QUOTE]
They deny if the games do not have a bar code on them, for example a game that came in a console bundle like GOW3 that says not for re-sale, they wont take them. Epic Mickey had a collector's edition, so if it was that version, they may not take it. I'm not so sure about wii games though.

Not correct ... Games with out a UPC can be submitted as "acceptable". Epic Mickey collectors had a normal copy of the game, with the same UPC, in the box.

I'm guessing the quality control on the used games (must have all manuals, etc. is because they are trying to pass off used games as new after a reseal...

[quote name='theking20']i'm always scared my items will be returned now :/ even when they are scratch free.

Hope my Gran Turismo 5 doesn't get rejected[/QUOTE]

I sent one in recently, you shouldn't have to worry. I've also sent at least 300 other games these past few months and only 3 were sent back, and all were my fault (wrong version, damaged game I originally bought used, and one slipped by that was not for resale).

[quote name='vantheman']They deny if the games do not have a bar code on them, for example a game that came in a console bundle like GOW3 that says not for re-sale, they wont take them. Epic Mickey had a collector's edition, so if it was that version, they may not take it. I'm not so sure about wii games though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know all that. Regardless, it wasn't a collector's edition - it was the regular version complete with original art work and manual and was in great shape. I am always sure to send in original UPC version, complete, near mint games to Amazon. For well over a year I have not sent in anything but...

[quote name='Prismatico']I sent one in recently, you shouldn't have to worry. I've also sent at least 300 other games these past few months and only 3 were sent back, and all were my fault (wrong version, damaged game I originally bought used, and one slipped by that was not for resale).[/QUOTE]

You can say that all you want until you start getting random rejections. It has happened to me and many others before and seems to occur in bunches. They've been pretty good for a while now so I was surprised to see this. I was just trying to give a heads up that maybe we are undergoing another one of those epidemics like in Dec/Jen last year.

It is ridiculous with this tomfoolery by NorAM. They have been downgrading TIV credit without cause, randomly rejecting, and smashing said rejections before returning them. Not to mention, NorAM reseals the stuff and then sells it as new through storefronts such as pieceofmindmedia on eBay and expressmedia on Amazon.

Exact same thing happened to me. I actually got the disc back last night. The "crack" that caused it to get rejected was a 2mm line in the center where the plastic is. It's not even on the disc itself. Possibly caused by them removing the disc from the case.

[quote name='Toss']
I just received a bunch of Hunted Demon's Forged from awd and it's funny how they will reject items for tiny cracks but are willing to send them out in that condition. I received 2 Like New games with cracks in them.[/QUOTE]

I also just realized 2 others were brand new, stickers outside the plastic with microsoft's xbox and "do not sell before" seals still intact.

Most times it's hard to tell whether a game has been used, the refurb of the disc is so good. Usually it's the case and the cover condition (especially if its an eco box) that gives it away.

[quote name='io']
You can say that all you want until you start getting random rejections. It has happened to me and many others before and seems to occur in bunches. They've been pretty good for a while now so I was surprised to see this. I was just trying to give a heads up that maybe we are undergoing another one of those epidemics like in Dec/Jen last year.[/QUOTE]

I was just trying to give a heads up too, am I not allowed to share an alternative perspective? I'm fully aware of what went down, in fact that's why I avoided using the trade-in system until this year.

It's not like I was addressing what you said anyway, I just wanted to reassure the poster I was replying to that I've recently sent what he did in for that value and had no trouble at all. I get that there's a risk, and I'll deal with it if it happens.

Sorry to anyone that has been screwed before, but if I hadn't changed my mind about this service I wouldn't have a large amount of credit stored up for next month's potential Black Friday deals.

[quote name='Prismatico']I was just trying to give a heads up too, am I not allowed to share an alternative perspective? I'm fully aware of what went down, in fact that's why I avoided using the trade-in system until this year.
[/QUOTE]

Did I say you weren't allowed to share anything!? It isn't a "heads up" if you had no problems. I mean, the majority of trades will go through just fine - it was never, even in the worst of times for NorAm, a very high percentage (though in Dec/Jan a lot of CAG's had at least 1 or 2 issues). But it seemed like for a while most of the bad trades went away, like maybe they had fixed whatever problem they had. Now, it seems, that they may be back - that's all I'm saying...

[quote name='io']Did I say you weren't allowed to share anything!? It isn't a "heads up" if you had no problems. I mean, the majority of trades will go through just fine - it was never, even in the worst of times for NorAm, a very high percentage (though in Dec/Jan a lot of CAG's had at least 1 or 2 issues). But it seemed like for a while most of the bad trades went away, like maybe they had fixed whatever problem they had. Now, it seems, that they may be back - that's all I'm saying...[/QUOTE]

I must be using an unpopular context of "heads up" by pertaining to something other than negativity. It's just an idiom about relaying information in advance.

I do get what you're saying regarding the problem, and there certainly is a risk whenever you ship something, but I was just trying to instill a bit of confidence in someone who seemed skeptical about the whole operation. I wouldn't have said anything if I hadn't sent the same exact item in (last week) for the same value he's hoping to get.

That being said, good luck to any and all future trade-ins (that goes for everybody). I mean maybe you're right, maybe something is afoot again. I'll be back to report if I have any issues, as I'm likely sending another 50 or so items in this week.

I would like to chime in that I sent in 2 Epic Mickeys and received the $36 I locked in. I got the credit on Wednesday the 21st.

geez. What happened to the TIVs? Resistance 3 is $10.50, Dead Island is $12. Usually they would be around $25-35 this close to release.

If a trade in gets denied will it tell you first and the trade in order status change in your account?
What I mean is I have never had a trade denied before but I currently have one that I sent over two weeks ago via usps and it still is in "not received" status. I can't track it and I am wondering if it got denied and I wont even know until it hits my mailbox.

Strange as I have never had it take so long. This is the first time I used USPS vs UPS though. Last time I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back