Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/3 - PS3 - UFC 2009 - $ 30

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

FAQ (Updated 12/01/09)
Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period (This limit MAY also include prior "Cancelled Submissions - YMMV")

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty shady if true, but it might explain why they're so strict on requirements. This definitely warrants further investigation since if this does in-fact turn out it's certainly a deceptive and most likely illegal practice.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Wait so, amazon is selling used games as new? Or noram?[/QUOTE]

Seems Noram is selling used games as new on ebay/half. LOL they are selling Endless Ocean as $50.28. They have more than 10 copies, wonder where they got the all LOL...

Possible flips from GC when combined with their current [Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Used Games]
Not sure what these are priced used (they could be $5?) or if its every system, but these are their price new:

New under $9.99

Lair
AMZ TIV 3.00 ps3

Mercenaries 2
AMZ TIV not worth it

Lego Indiana Jones
AMZ TIV 5.50 ps3
6.00 wii
5.00 ds/ps2

Lego Batman
AMZ TIV 5.50 360
6.00 ps3
6.50 wii
6.50 ps2
8.00 ds

Infinate Undiscovery
AMZ TIV 4.50 360

Too Human
AMZ TIV 4.00 360

Samba De Amigo
AMZ TIV not worth it

Example if they are $5 used:
GC Price + GC Price = GC Total -> AMZ TIV + AMZ TIV = AMZ Total
Lego Batman ps3 $5 + Lego Indiana Jones ps3 $2.50 = Total Cost $7.50 -> $6+$5.5= Total Credit $11.50

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='monsoon man']Seems Noram is selling used games as new on ebay/half. LOL they are selling Endless Ocean as $50.28. They have more than 10 copies, wonder where they got the all LOL...[/QUOTE]
First game I looked up too.
I gave them 6.

Hmm.
Very shady.

I love my coupons, but this isn't right.

some decent flips if you can find them @ your local Target.

Target price ---> Amazon TIV

Motorstorm - Pacific Rift $14.98 --> $15.50 (PS3)
Battlestations Pacific $14.98 --> $17.00 (XBOX 360)
Final Fantasy : Echoes of Time $9.98 --> $16.50(!) (DS)

Amazon CS couldn't change the payment method for my :ps3: Slim to my Sony Card and decided to cancel my order instead, hoping that when I reordered the $75 promo would work properly. It didn't of course. So I ordered using my Sony Card then e-mailed them again:

I'm very sorry to learn your promotional funds didn't apply for your new order #xxx.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to apply your promotional funds on your order. To correct this error, I've reduced your order total by $75.00. Now, the total cost of your order is $224.99.

I've also unredeemed $75.00 promotional funds from your account. Your current promotional certificate balance in your account is $5.00. You may use these funds for your next order.

You can always check the cost details and status of your order in Your Account. Here's a direct link to the order details:

xxx

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I confirmed that the $75 was subtracted from my order and that the promotional credit disappeared (tried to get a :psp:).

Strange timing from Amazon but I just got a code at around 3pm for my package received on Monday. They used to be fixed around 1-2AM, then it went to 5-6AM, now who knows - still, though, it is 2 days after receipt so that's nice. Tomorrow, then, I should get a ton ;).

has anyone tried using the 50% off coupon in conjunction with the $30 coupon?
im still sitting on my 50% coupon and i should get the 30$ coupon within a couple of days. thanks.

[quote name='bigboi_k']has anyone tried using the 50% off coupon in conjunction with the $30 coupon?
im still sitting on my 50% coupon and i should get the 30$ coupon within a couple of days. thanks.[/QUOTE]

And I want to know if the $75 system coupon will stack with the $30 coupon :lol:.

Now that I have an extra $30 code and nothing good in my gold box picks today I might try it out tonight on a PS3 Slim.

Trade-in promo codes don't stack with each other. It will take the bigger discount off instead so be careful!

Example: You try to order the LE of Batman ($100) and you enter both the 50% code and $30 code. It will always go to the 50% code

This brings up another issue. Let's say you have a dispute over a rejected trade and amazon helps you out by giving you an automatic $40 discount on your next order. You can't combine your $30 trade-in promo code with this. It will only do the biggest discount.

I'm now worried that those of us who want GH5, MW2, or Halo ODST may come across the same issue with the $10 promo that currently applies to those pre-orders. We may not be able to combine that $10 promo with the $30 trade-in promo on our very next videogame order.

This is all speculation but some of the things im currently experiencing suggest this. I'm hopeful that a quick call/email to amazon CSR will fix this on a case-by-case basis.

Yeah, you may have to use the $10 code on something cheap like a $25 DS game. Will it use the $30 instead though since it's better or will it force the $10?

[quote name='io']Yeah, you may have to use the $10 code on something cheap like a $25 DS game. Will it use the $30 instead though since it's better or will it force the $10?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it will go to your $30 code first since its the biggest discount. If i try Dragon Age CE it tries to use credit an Amazon CSR has given me instead of my 50% discount since its the biggest discount of the two. Thats just as annoying as having the stuck 50% code! :bomb:

I have a pending trade on monday that will help clear things up for me. When that goes through i will finally know what to use this damn 50% coupon on! :rofl:

If anyone has any unused $30 off codes that they would be willing to sell, let me know. I'm willing to pay $12.50 in Paypal. I know a bunch of people have gotten more than they know what to do with them, so if you're looking to cash out a little this might be an opportunity.

PM me if interested.

Did my last trade-in for this deal:

COD 4
Prototype
Ghostbusters

Netted me about $70 so with the bonus I'll have $100 which I'll probably put towards ODST and Borderlands.

Traded in COD 4, RE 5, & Halo Wars for $64, am hoping for the $30 bonus to make this $94 worth of credit to use on a PS3 slim. Any ideas on what keeps the trade-ins from receiving full credit, COD 4 had scratches but games were complete with case & manual.

[quote name='dapunisure']Any ideas on what keeps the trade-ins from receiving full credit, COD 4 had scratches but games were complete with case & manual.[/QUOTE]

The OP is your friend...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']The OP is your friend...[/QUOTE]

hehe thanx. Props for not totally making me feel like an ass and telling me i was all these horrible things. So thank you good sir.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']The OP is your friend...[/QUOTE]
Thank you

[quote name='TC']Sent in $71 fit a $101 total. Thanks OP you helped me get Brutal Legend & Borderlands this fall![/QUOTE]
Forward the thanks to other member also.. they contribute more than me. I'm just updating the 1st and 2nd posts. :)

The trade in deal of the day is Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for gamecube for $18. I have a mint complete copy, but should I really trade it in for $18? I have Metal Gear Solid 3: Subistence (also mint+complete) so I can play the first 3 games on my ps3 (along with mgs4). I don't really need to be able to play it on my gamecube or wii, but I thought it was worth more than $18. Maybe I'm wrong.

[quote name='enufs8d']for the lazy

Trade-In of the Day 8/20
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, gc, $18

doh, sonic beat me to it.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say I beat you to it, but you beat me to it. :lol:

i say keep twin snakes. i love the production values, story, dialogue, etc...

did you ever get all the dogtags?

trade it if you need the money or are never going to play it again.

I freakin bought the $500 MGS4 Ps3 Bundle and I've never played a single Metal Gear Solid game ever. I know it's a sin. I should probably just keep it i guess because I haven't played any of em. Maybe someday it could become even more of a collector's item.

gah, these TOTDs suck. Seems like they just want to stock up on rare last gen games.

I just need one good flip. went to 2 targets today on my way to work. NOTHING!!! like usual. The best I could even think of picking up to play would be Riddick Ps3 for $22.

Well, my very last media mail submission went quite well (though NorAm hasn't acknowledged acceptance yet - but at least the USPS did it's job):

Your item was delivered at 9:00 AM on August 19, 2009 in HUDSON, MA 01749.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, August 19, 2009, 9:00 am, HUDSON, MA 01749
Arrival at Unit, August 19, 2009, 9:00 am, HUDSON, MA 01749
Processed through Sort Facility, August 18, 2009, 9:48 am, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152
Processed through Sort Facility, August 15, 2009, 8:52 am, FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003
Acceptance, August 14, 2009, 3:11 pm,

After reading IGN's hands on with DJ Hero and the imminent expiration date I decided to use my last 50% coupon on the Renegade Edition. After the code, ECA and my store credit it ended up costing me, out of pocket, $26. All in all I am happy.

I finally got a game in my goldbox, but it's halo reach. I have no idea what this game is about. I only saw the teaser trailer and it doesn't show much. Anybody have some input?

Was having problems getting any games to show up in my gold box. Rated many games and had only PS3 games in my recommendations, including, Batman, Uncharted 2, Assasin's Creed 2, Gran Turismo 5, Ratchet & Clank, Borderlands, Wet, and more! Still nothing had showed up for a week. So, yesterday I pre-ordered Heavy Rain and Dante's Inferno. Looked this morning and I have Uncharted 2, Ratchet & Clank, and Gran Turismo 5 in my gold box! Looks like pre-ordering stuff made it work for me! Too bad the ECA codes aren't working at the moment!

[quote name='Rob26Smith']I finally got a game in my goldbox, but it's halo reach. I have no idea what this game is about. I only saw the teaser trailer and it doesn't show much. Anybody have some input?[/QUOTE]

I've never played a Halo game but I preordered it anyway to lock in the lower price. I can always cancel the preorder.

I don't understand. I've always seen an box for promotion codes in the orders you place. Now, all of a sudden I want to apply the code and it's no longer there? :lol:? What the hell?

[quote name='NJMane']After reading IGN's hands on with DJ Hero and the imminent expiration date I decided to use my last 50% coupon on the Renegade Edition. After the code, ECA and my store credit it ended up costing me, out of pocket, $26. All in all I am happy.[/QUOTE]

I might pre-order it as well. Hope the price improves..

http://gear.ign.com/articles/100/1009593p1.html
According to Activision, the Renegade Edition will be available exclusively for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. In other words, the Renegade Edition will not be coming to the PlayStation 2. As for reports that the bundle will be $199.99, per product listings on Gamestop.com, Activision says that pricing for the bundle has not been finalized and any listing on retailers may be subject to change.

[quote name='NJMane']After reading IGN's hands on with DJ Hero and the imminent expiration date I decided to use my last 50% coupon on the Renegade Edition. After the code, ECA and my store credit it ended up costing me, out of pocket, $26. All in all I am happy.[/QUOTE]

I'm debating between Tekken bundle or DJ hero. What's the difference again between the $120 and $200? Is it just the case and extra CD; not sure if it 's worth $80.

I'm debating between Tekken bundle or DJ hero. What's the difference again between the $120 and $200? Is it just the case and extra CD; not sure if it 's worth extra $80.

With the "shipping deadline has passed" issue, is there any way to edit the order? I know how to print the shipping label in that situation, but is there a way to change the quantity of items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back